Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disciples Cross, why I wouldn't recommend them

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Disciples Cross, why I wouldn't recommend them

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    When you buy the kit off of the site, the kit comes with a little booklet. The booklet says you can sell them to make money for yourself. It says to sell them for $10. I already KNOW all about this site. My husband still has some of his kit left. I know you can find them for cheaper. The site itself, sells finished cross necklaces for $3. But I'm going to do what the creator of the crosses said and sell them for $10. He's wants you to be able to profit off of them. Like I said, I've already got people that will buy for that price and I'm sure jj76634 sells them for around the same price. Btw, that's ebay, I don't trust ebay. Amazon is the site I trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmj312 View Post
    Go up and read what jj76634 said. That person has made plenty of sales to the site and to other people.
    Seriously? Almost every thread on every topic on every scam site has some random poster that shows up and claims it is working for them.

Here is the thing, if it works for you then great, come back in 6 months and give us an update on how it is going. But also if you are handy/crafty why not just go to a craft store and buy your own supplies and make things on your own and sell them? If something is selling on EBAY for $4 that is probably the price, regardless of what the company says it should sell for. According to the screen shot the EBAY seller sold 76, shipping costs what $1? According to your numbers material is $1 per cross. So you are left with $2 profit before time invested. One advantage I see is you can make these when you are watching TV or during idle time, but you could cut out the middle man and make original items that may command a little more premium.
    Last edited by ribshaw; 08-13-2013 at 10:27 AM.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

3. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The site itself, sells finished cross necklaces for $3.
    I did some poking on one of the links LORM posted last page, according to the company it should take 5 minutes to make a cross, or 12 per hour. A few claimed to be able to do this, others not so much. The ones claiming the most proficiency said they had been doing it a while. So depending on how fast someone could make them, purchasing for $3 may actually make more sense.

Amazon is the site I trust.
    The below screen shots are from Amazon.

This is the bulk seller with nice little wrapped crosses.

cross5.JPG

The low cost seller:

cross 1.JPG
    cross.JPG

Higher cost seller.

cross3.JPG
    cross2.jpg

Those are the prices people are getting for them. If you can get more great, but what does catch my eye is the buyer feedback. While not 1 to 1 if you look at other Amazon or Ebay stores there are people with 1000s of comments. That tells me they are moving a lot of stuff. I believe on Amazon the better listing rates start around 30 sales per month (but that is gossip from someone who I spoke with that sells some stuff) so give or take on that.

At any rate would be interested in hearing how you are progressing and what you come up with.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403