LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Freelancer.com withholds my money

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Freelancer.com withholds my money

Wow this thread has been incredibly informative, thank you!

I used to be a member of Freelancer.com as a translator. Fortunately I didn't get any projects! I bid like crazy for a while but never got chosen; now I'm thankful for that :P

I'll just share that it took me about 5 days to unregister, because they don't let you just cancel your membership, you have to go through their terrible customer service reps. Once the request is made via email, they send you at least two lengthy emails stating the thousands of "benefits" of being a member, "why don't you reconsider", etc. I found this very annoying!

Thanks again.

2. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been a freelancer.com's member since 2011. I have completed more than 140 projects and have good feedbacks.

I have done a hard-working and long job for a client of USD$1,500 inside freelancer.com, around 1-2 months ago. Today, he requested a chargeback and now my account balance is USD$1,500 negative. Freelancer.com refuses to send me funds back.

Now, probably my account will be cancelled, and I will have to move to another freelancer website like guru.com, and I will loose all my reputation which I'm building since 2011.... Anyway, there's no way to work on freelancer.com anymore, since I will not cover the negative funds which was "stolen" from me. I'd never do that.

So, I think the only way is to start over again....

4. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leomedina01 View Post
    I've been a freelancer.com's member since 2011. I have completed more than 140 projects and have good feedbacks.

I have done a hard-working and long job for a client of USD$1,500 inside freelancer.com, around 1-2 months ago. Today, he requested a chargeback and now my account balance is USD$1,500 negative. Freelancer.com refuses to send me funds back.

Now, probably my account will be cancelled, and I will have to move to another freelancer website like guru.com, and I will loose all my reputation which I'm building since 2011.... Anyway, there's no way to work on freelancer.com anymore, since I will not cover the negative funds which was "stolen" from me. I'd never do that.

So, I think the only way is to start over again....
    I do feel for you and you should feel lucky to have accomplished what you have with them for that long without getting burned. There is no way I would trust a company to have advantage of my account where they can deposit or withdraw whenever they want to... Eventually, you will be left with a negative balance as has just happened with you. You need to call up your 'friend' Matt and see if he won't give you some of the money back he stole from you - he has plenty of it and knows how to spend it!!
    Don't get ripped off!! Stay informed!

6. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been a freelancer.com member for some years now as outsourcer and there were never any kinds of problems.

On the other hand, I did a few times accidentally "pay" the membership fee by them getting me to activate the free trial and then making it very complicated to cancel it until my card got charged. It was just $15 or something like that, but still...

8. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now it's official. Australian privacy authority slapped Freelancer.com with 20,000 AUD in aggravated damages for privacy infringement.

Freelancer.com fined for 'reckless indifference to privacy rights' • The Register

http://getahindu.blogspot.com/2016/0...y-privacy.html
    Last edited by ChaimS; 01-22-2016 at 02:17 PM.

10. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you post on Facebook they will most likely delete the post and block you from posting, that's what People Per Hour did to me!

12. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaD View Post
    If you post on Facebook they will most likely delete the post and block you from posting, that's what People Per Hour did to me!
    Outta sight outta mind...
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

14. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Freelancer just emptied the money from my account, just because the guy who gave me the project did not complete his verification. I am with freelancer for more than 7 years. I told them, it is his freewill I really can not interfere with other people’s freewill. What benefit he has to complete the verification process?
    I completed my verification process by providing all my ids faithfully. But asking other people to submit their id is not really with in my control. If freelancer want this kind of verification to be done, then they have to make the verification to be completed before accepting money from the client.

I trusted Freelancer and I released my work to him. Where is the security for my work that was delivered to him? I am just small people working hard and making just small wages like few hundred dollars. And Freelancer is literally treating their members like as if they are part of a terrorist organization or something. There is a limit to police the activities on the website, this seems like too extreme. I did all the things they asked me to do and submitted every document they requested, regardless of that they want to reverse my hard earned money.

I would really recommend them to work for CIA or FBI , they are more suitable for that kind of job, they do not know how to care for the hard work their members did.
    Why I am being the middle man between Freelancer and the guy who gave me the project to ask him submit their documents for the project that was completed and closed?
    I really pitty the people who have suffered similar fate like me.

I would really recommend people to move away from this site slowly, even there are many other similar sites who take higher margin, but it is more safer platform than Freelancer. What is the point can you imagine you are with them for 7 years, and suddenly just because of one issue they take away your money or block the account? Especially when we have so many customers and reputation, all these takes years to build, which they can just simply block with one click? No one should be in such a dire situation.

Just because of their own incapacity to make others complete the verification process, they just wiped my money from my account. Does anyone see any humanity in such a thing? I can only see a monstrous attitude with absolutely no care.

STAY AWAY from this site, don’t even waste a second anymore on this site.

16. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because the guy who gave me the project, did not complete the verification they took my money.

But the craziest thing was, they also ask me to pay back the money for the project that was completed long ago and successfully completed. I told Freelancer clearly, that the previous money you wiped out from my account was not at all refund to the client. So please send me the proof that this has been done and he really received the money.

And they did not even willing to answer my question and started repeating the message like, please deposit money, please deposit money. Then it strikes me, why they are not answering my questions and keep repeating, maybe I am talking to a chatter bot. All the while i thought I was talking to a real human being who has same emotions and feelings like me.

By repeating what it can achieve? Or by avoiding not answering my question if it thinks, it can achieve anything let it keep thinking that. No smart person will think, by repeating same question again and again he can achieve anything. This is really a dumb bot.
    So either Freelancer is having chatter bot to resolve customer support issues, or maybe they put people from junior high school as their support staff. No mature person will avoid answering a question.

Apart from the above funny bot issue, my question is what happened to the money they wiped from my account ? It is not in my account, my client also did not receive it. So where it went? I am sure any body can make some educated guess on that.

18. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChaimS View Post
    Now it's official. Australian privacy authority slapped Freelancer.com with 20,000 AUD in aggravated damages for privacy infringement.

Freelancer.com fined for 'reckless indifference to privacy rights' • The Register

Get a Hindu: OAIC: FREELANCER.COM INFRINGED MY PRIVACY, 20,000 AUD IN DAMAGES AWARDED
    Freelancer filed an appeal. So it's a never ending story.

Apart from the above funny bot issue, my question is what happened to the money they wiped from my account ? It is not in my account, my client also did not receive it. So where it went? I am sure any body can make some educated guess on that.
    I invite you to read my blog. One day I may publish quite reasonable hypothesis about it together with the evidence I'm holding. To the very best of my knowledge such situations occurred on regular basis, had their systemic background and have been taking place for over 4 years. After I have commented on Freelancer.com's questionable procedures, I have been illegally harassed.

Get a Hindu
    Last edited by ChaimS; 02-19-2016 at 09:13 AM.

20. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post