Likes Likes:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: FTC Work at Home Scam Video

Post Thanks / Like

FTC Work at Home Scam Video

The Federal Trade Commission has a good video on their website.

[Click Here]

It's an interview with a few good, honest people who fell prey to some Work at Home "Biz Op" scams and the scammer who ripped one of them off. Pay close attention to the scammer when he explains how he'd deal with people who'd start asking questions he didn't want to answer. Remember, when someone refuses to give straight forward answers to legitimate questions, it's usually because any honest answer would hurt their sales pitch.

There are also some good consumer information links on that page, please take a look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: FTC Work at Home Scam Video

Thanks, I will look at this. I have a relative (young mother) who is looking for honest work at home deals. I told her there were none and she is not too happy with me. I sent her some links to here and other places. Guess she was none too pleased. I wish there were ways to do that but I have never found any. Anyone know of any good ones?

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is a sticky but my question is specific to the FTC. To the Mods, please move it elsewhere if I have posted in the wrong place.

Could anybody tell me if the FTC guidelines apply to biz-opps that are based outside of the US? More specifically, if a biz-opp owner were located in the UK but marketed to the US & their hosting is provided by a US based hosting company? Do the FTC liaise with UK consumer protection agencies? No! it's not me :)

Post Thanks / Like

Hiya, J--G,

the simple answer is, Yes.

Anyone doing business with US citizens inside the U.S.A. is subject to U.S. law/s
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    Hiya, J--G,

the simple answer is, Yes.

Anyone doing business with US citizens inside the U.S.A. is subject to U.S. law/s
    That's all I need to know. Thanks littleroundman - can't find the 'thanks button'.