Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preston Lord Enterprises Scam

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Preston Lord Enterprises Scam

Got this question recently:

"I received a letter from Preston Lord Enterprises (5 Lyons Mall, Suite 777, Basking Ridge NJ 07920) offering me $10 a letter to stuff envelopes. Catch: cheapest "application fee" for 49 letters is $99 (supposed earnings $490).
    Scam? Plz help!"
    Preston Lord Enterprises is an alternate name for a company named Maxwell Gates Enterprises that was sued by the NJ Attorneys General Office here:

http://www.nj.gov/oag/ca/press/capent.pdf

Preston Lord Enterprises is listed as one of the alternate names for Maxwell Gates Enterprises here:

Maxwell Gates Enterprises Review - Work-At-Home Companies in Mendham, NJ - BBB Business Review - BBB serving New Jersey

Alternate Business Names:

"Capital Enterprises, Inc.
    David Gates Inc.
    Gordon James Enterprises
    Maxwell Scott Enterprises
    Preston Lord Enterprises
    Warner Daniel Enterprises"

In the additional information section:

Preston Lord Enterprises is an alternate name registered under Capital Enterprises, Inc. The BBB of New Jersey has received over 7,000 inquiries on Preston Lord Enterprises since October 2012.

Starting December 2012 the BBB received several calls alleging non delivery of materials after the initial payments were sent to Preston Lord Enterprises. The BBB asked the consumers to provide a written copy of their dispute so we can forward it to the company for resolution.

Preston Lord Enterprises offers work at home. According to information in BBB files, there is a one time fee of $199 or $299 for a start-up package depending on the material choice. The consumers allege that the amount is to be refunded after the 9th paycheck.

Preston Lord Enterprises responded to complaints filed with the BBB stating that the materials were sent to the consumers. Those complaints were closed as resolved. Additional complaints allege that after the initial package is received a new letter is disclosed that one has to continue paying for more leads at half of the initial start-up fee. The company responded by referring to the terms set out in the company letters and advises customers to read carefully what is provided.

As of January 9, 2013 the BBB cannot contact Preston Lord Enterprises by phone. The recording informs the callers that due a high volume of calls the company is offering phone service only to paid customers. The BBB advises consumers seeking any work at home jobs to ask the program sponsor to list every step of the job and to ask if the pay is based on client response (commission). Additional information about the expenses incurred, including supplies, additional fees should also obtained."

2. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preston Lord Enterprises Scam

There are no 'suites' in that mall either. It's a strip mall with stores. I'll see if I can get down there and take a pic.
    Actually....don't need to. They have a website:

Lyons Mall, Basking Ridge, New Jersey - Home

They also appear to be missing from the list of tenants:

http://www.lyonsmall.com/leasing-plan.html

4. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive used Preston Lord for years. I get paid every week and they have nothing to do with the other companies you mention. They have filed a lawsuit against the BBB along with almost a thousand other companies charging the BBB with fraud and negligence. For those who dont know it, the BBB is essentially a scam. You only get good ratings if you pay membership fees. You have to be a complete idiot to believe anything you see from the BBB. Preston Lord is a great company

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Kaplan View Post
    Ive used Preston Lord for years. I get paid every week and they have nothing to do with the other companies you mention. They have filed a lawsuit against the BBB along with almost a thousand other companies charging the BBB with fraud and negligence. For those who dont know it, the BBB is essentially a scam. You only get good ratings if you pay membership fees. You have to be a complete idiot to believe anything you see from the BBB. Preston Lord is a great company
    Bob, "envelope stuffing" has been on the Dirty Dozen list of work at home scams for years.
    I think you missed the forest for a tree.
    If you are in Prosper With Integrity, and do not like that your personal information has been published here, please talk to these good people: http://www.attorneygeneral.gov http://www.ic3.gov http://www.fbi.gov

7. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ProfHenryHiggins View Post
    "envelope stuffing"
    When AdSurfDaily figure Kenneth Wayne Leaming was arrested in 2011 by an FBI terrorism task force in Washington state, he was found in the company of two federal fugitives from Arkansas who were wanted in a multimillion-dollar envelope-stuffing scheme and had been indicted for mail fraud. So, yes, envelope-stuffing schemes are well-known to the FBI, the FTC and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service.

For those who dont know it, the BBB is essentially a scam.
    That's just what the Narc That Car and Zeek pyramid-schemers said after the BBB gave them a poor grade -- and after all the "I Got Paid" forum posts and check-waving on YouTube.

They have filed a lawsuit against the BBB along with almost a thousand other companies charging the BBB with fraud and negligence.
    If this is true, I wonder if the BBB will go to YouTube and bolster its defense by finding a video dated May 29, 2013, that shows a man waving a Preston Lord check for $1,210 and saying, "Now remember, folks. This is every week; I get a check in this basic . . . for this general amount . . ."

And I wonder if the BBB will remember that check-waving was an alleged element in the Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing pyramid-scheme prosecution brought by the FTC and the attorneys general of three states earlier this year and that various agencies of the U.S. government have warning the public for years about envelope-stuffing schemes that gain a head of steam from the YouTube and social-media check-wavers.

PPBlog
    Last edited by PPBlog; 07-23-2013 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added details

9. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, can't seem to find the file on PACER. Care to provide particulars? (probably not as there likely is no record...!)
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

11. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Suing the BBB and then me is a brilliant tactic. Ask Tim Darnell!

http://www.realscam.com/f11/advantag...weinzierl-770/
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

13. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone! Just wanted to inform everyone that i just received paperwork from them. I am in downingtown, pennslyvania. Glad i looked this up on here. Seems like they are falling into their same "mo" only under a different name this time. Someone should stop them and i am here to help. Don't like places like this. Been scammed over and over again on this computer and my whole life is on hold because of it. Anything i can do please let me know. Thanks for all your replies about this company.it really helps when your led to think your hopes of making it every month have just been solved and then someone like these people or their so-called company comes to you only to find out they are scammers breaks that hope to nothing. Well back to struggling every month.oh and by the way, anyone on here that claims they have been paid by this company should start putting their proof where their writing is onb here. I mean who's going to believe you with all the records out on this company and their prior names. The trust is gone. Whether they went from bad to good, it's over for them. And now there are more complaints coming in as of february. Explain that!

15. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stop stuffing your heads in these envelopes. It sounds good doesn't it? The paperwork comes in the mail and right away your spending your hard earned money. I know it's hard. I was hurt on the job years ago and have been struggling since. These people build your hopes up and then there goes your electric money or your rent. Then what do you do? Your stuck trying to catch up for months or years even if your aloud to by your utility company or your landlord. So you get further and further behind because of scams like this. It's hard to say no. BUT JUST DO IT for yourself and use the good common sense you were born with and have hope that one day there will be a better way to make extra money from home. A good legal honest way! There are comapnies out there that actually do work. Surveys are one. Although they take long to do and get paid they work. It's a start.If anyone out there knows of other work at home jobs that are FOR REAL I'm game to work for them. PLEASE pass it on to us. Our country is not too economically good right now and gas is going up again. PLEASE send your help to one another. Peace

17. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lisagee58 View Post
    If anyone out there knows of other work at home jobs that are FOR REAL I'm game to work for them. PLEASE pass it on to us. Our country is not too economically good right now and gas is going up again. PLEASE send your help to one another. Peace
    There are definitely honest at home jobs out there. But they do require having some form of skills, just like any other job does. The most important skill when working from home, however, is accountability. I've personally done 3 stints in B2B Appointment Setting from my home office (for companies in San Francisco, Chicago, and even in Ontario, Canada). I found these willing companies through a site called, Every telecommuting job has the key to get hired for the job (telecommuting jobs). I got PAID by all 3 companies, the U.S. ones paid me by the hour and provided me a software that TIMED me so I wouldn't be able to lie about the time I've spent on the phone, the Canadian company paid me a flat amount for each appointment set... each company gave me BONUSES for going above and beyond my usual work (i.e. closing the sales myself). TJobs.com has been acquired by Telecommuting Jobs & Professional Part-Time Jobs, they do charge a fee to become a member, but at least you'll know that the companies on this website are legal and legitimate and do not charge a fee for applying or working with them. I hope this helps. =)

Post Thanks / Like

so its not a SCAM?? I really need to know since my check just cleared and I was really looking forward to this!! and coud have my bank refund me the money saying I never got the stuff!!! since I really never got it yet.. My Check cleared sat and it says it takes seven days to receive stuff so I have till this Friday to contact my bank so IS IT A SCAM OR NOT??? I DID ANOTHER AT HOME WORK PROGRAM AND THROUGHT THEM I GOT THIS FLYER AND THIS ONE IS BETTER SO I REALLY NEED TO KNOW IF IT IS A SCAM OR NOT IF I WASTED 200.00 OR NOT.. **** I JUST GOT SCAMMED BY SELLING MY DOGS PUPPIES WITH A FALSE CASHIERES CHECK I REALLY NEED TO KNOW ANY ONE WITH INFORMATION PLEASE HELP AND COMMENT OR PERSONALLY EMAIL ME AT [personal email address removed by mod] PLEASE!!!!!!
    Last edited by littleroundman; 08-28-2013 at 01:31 AM.

20. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkiseloff View Post
    so its not a SCAM?? I really need to know since my check just cleared and I was really looking forward to this!! and coud have my bank refund me the money saying I never got the stuff!!! since I really never got it yet.. My Check cleared sat and it says it takes seven days to receive stuff so I have till this Friday to contact my bank so IS IT A SCAM OR NOT??? I DID ANOTHER AT HOME WORK PROGRAM AND THROUGHT THEM I GOT THIS FLYER AND THIS ONE IS BETTER SO I REALLY NEED TO KNOW IF IT IS A SCAM OR NOT IF I WASTED 200.00 OR NOT.. **** I JUST GOT SCAMMED BY SELLING MY DOGS PUPPIES WITH A FALSE CASHIERES CHECK I REALLY NEED TO KNOW ANY ONE WITH INFORMATION PLEASE HELP AND COMMENT OR PERSONALLY EMAIL ME AT [personal email address removed by mod] PLEASE!!!!!!
    What was in the previous posts that told you Preston Lord isn't a scam? I read the exact opposite!
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

22. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laidback View Post
    What was in the previous posts that told you Preston Lord isn't a scam? I read the exact opposite!
    So does that mean I am out 199.00 or will I get my money back.. if it is a scam. Is there any work at home jobs that are reliable?? I have searched and can't find any and would love to work at home. If you know if any please let me know. I did see the above post and am looking into telecommuting jobs and other flexible jobs. But if there are any others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

1,357 ways to make more money than in MLM.

Perhaps, that will inspire you!
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

25. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We are not psychic or fortunetellers, so we can't tell you whether or not you will have your money returned to you..

All we can do is give our opinion, based on many years of observation.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

27. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    We are not psychic or fortunetellers, so we can't tell you whether or not you will have your money returned to you..

All we can do is give our opinion, based on many years of observation.
    Odds are that he/she can kiss his/her money goodbye.

29. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baylee View Post
    Odds are that he/she can kiss his/her money goodbye.
    Well I can always call my bank and make a claim to get my money back. ARE THERE ANY WORK AT HOME JOBS OUT THERE? I looked at Flex jobs as mentioned in an above post and can not find anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fablife42 View Post
    There are definitely honest at home jobs out there. But they do require having some form of skills, just like any other job does. The most important skill when working from home, however, is accountability. I've personally done 3 stints in B2B Appointment Setting from my home office (for companies in San Francisco, Chicago, and even in Ontario, Canada). I found these willing companies through a site called, Every telecommuting job has the key to get hired for the job (telecommuting jobs). I got PAID by all 3 companies, the U.S. ones paid me by the hour and provided me a software that TIMED me so I wouldn't be able to lie about the time I've spent on the phone, the Canadian company paid me a flat amount for each appointment set... each company gave me BONUSES for going above and beyond my usual work (i.e. closing the sales myself). TJobs.com has been acquired by Telecommuting Jobs & Professional Part-Time Jobs, they do charge a fee to become a member, but at least you'll know that the companies on this website are legal and legitimate and do not charge a fee for applying or working with them. I hope this helps. =)
    I tried that site there are no work at home jobs waste of 50 dollars at least bank of America is refunding me and from preston lord enterprises.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried that site there are no work at home jobs waste of 50 dollars at least bank of America is refunding me and from preston lord enterprises.
    Just To Much Time who posts here has a work at home blog. Work At Home Institute Research

Eagle has some stuff on his page. https://www.eagleresearchassociates.org/

Clark Howard a consumer advocate has some stuff here Work From Home guide | www.clarkhoward.com

I think most things out there are either how to manuals, or outright ripoffs.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

33. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried That link And paid the fee but found nothing so I requested a refund from them and am getting one. Is there any honest work at home jobs that have to do with DATA ENTRY?? If so how do you find them I am good with computers and have internet access and would like to find a work at home job. Perfrebally with out a fee unless im sure to know it is not a scam so I do not have to keep getting refunds from them. PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A JOB THAT YOU CAN WORK AT HOME FROM HONESTLY OR WHERE TO SEARCH AND LOOK FOR ONE..

Post Thanks / Like

Mendham man pays $130,000 penalty over 'work-at-home' scheme

By Ed Beeson/The Star-Ledger
    Email the author
    on October 07, 2013 at 1:59 PM, updated October 07, 2013 at 2:26 PM

A Mendham man whom state authorities have accused of running a “work-at-home” scam has agreed to pay $130,000 and be barred from running similar programs under a settlement reached with New Jersey’s Office of Attorney General.

David Brookman and his company, Capital Enterprises, allegedly lured thousands of people with ads that promised customers could earn as much as $5,000 or more each week by mailing circulars in postage-paid envelopes provided by his company, the state said today. The ads, which hyped the business with phrases such as “Don’t Get Left Out!”, promised users would be sent checks within 10 days of trying out the envelope-stuffing program.

In reality, few people actually made money off of Brookman’s scheme, authorities said. Of the 13,000 people who signed up, only 45 made more than $100 off of it. The most anyone ever made was $520 over a 10-month period, the Attorney General’s office said, citing Brookman’s own records. These payments appeared to be tied to the number of responses users received from their mailers.

To participate in Brookman’s program, customers had to pay a registration fee, the state said. Once they did, they often found the terms and agreements of the program were changed, and often they had to make further payments to Brookman.

“Schemes like these prey on economically stressed consumers who are lured by the promise that they can make good money by working at home,” Eric Kanefsky, director of the state Division of Consumer Affairs, said in a statement. “Unfortunately, it is often those who can least afford to get ripped off, that are themselves victimized.”

The state accused Brookman and his company of violating the New Jersey's Consumer Fraud Act by using “unconscionable commercial practices, deception, false promises” to sell his business. He also used aliases including Maxwell Scott Enterprises, David Gates Enterprises, Warner Daniel, and Preston Lord Enterprises.

The settlement, which Brookman signed without admitting or denying wrongdoing, did not say how much money he and his company made from the envelope-stuffing program. He agreed to pay an initial $50,000 toward his fine, plus quarterly installments of $10,000.

In addition to being banned from advertising or selling work-from-home or direct mail businesses in New Jersey, Brookman also was ordered to not form any business in the state over the next 10 years without first putting up a $250,000 bond.

An attorney for Brookman, Jason LeBoeuf, did not immediately return a message.

Mendham man pays $130,000 penalty over 'work-at-home' scheme | NJ.com

and Mendham isn't that far from Basking Ridge btw.

36. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    There are no 'suites' in that mall either. It's a strip mall with stores. I'll see if I can get down there and take a pic.
    Actually....don't need to. They have a website:

Lyons Mall, Basking Ridge, New Jersey - Home

They also appear to be missing from the list of tenants:

Lyons Mall - Lyons Mall, Basking Ridge, New Jersey
    No, but there is a UPS Store that uses the address 5 Lyons Mall as a tenant. "Suite 777" is actually a box number at the UPS Store. That's another sure sign of a scam.

38. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jburk View Post
    No, but there is a UPS Store that uses the address 5 Lyons Mall as a tenant. "Suite 777" is actually a box number at the UPS Store. That's another sure sign of a scam.
    lol. yeah. I rode past there a couple weeks ago and the UPS store stuck out to me and I didn't know why.

40. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanette Yocum

1 month ago

I'm sure PLE counts on people giving up, this is how he makes his money. I wrote many letters and never got a response back.
    I am involved in 2 home businesses that are showing me profit and are great. I will be posting my reviews on these here shortly.
    If you'd like to check them out before my reviews are posted you can go to the links:
    Google URL Shortener
    Instant Payday Network

Thanks everyone for your great comments!

·

Tammi Clay

1 week ago

Wow I'm so glad I did look this company up first. I got this scam letter early part of this month or late last month. I must say they really made it sound great. However my mom always told me if something seems too good to be true, IT IS. Thanks to all of you for sharing and for warning others, and I'm so sorry that happened and you all lost your money with no respondes.

·

View all 3 replies

Tammi Clay6 days ago (edited)

I understand, we don't know what we don't know. We all live and learn. Thanks for passing the word.

·

Nanette Yocum5 days ago

You're very welcome

Nanette Yocum

6 days ago

Please do NOT spam your home business on my review. If you have a home business, make a video. Thanks

·

Ariel Resto

3 months ago

Nannette, you haven't followed up on your experience with PLE. Did the program work for you? I can honestly say that I believe Stanley Masterson on all the claims he made about PLE. and I joined PLE and I have not enjoyed any benefit from PLE and have discovered PLE is a scam and Stanley Masterson is helping them in the scam. 

·

View all 9 replies

Nanette Yocum2 months ago

+Ariel Resto absolutely Ariel and I'm sorry you lost so much with them. I'm just wondering how they are still allowed to be in "business". Of course when they finally are shut down, they'll just open with another name and do the same. If anyone has any ideas on how we can shut them down, let's do it

·

szrs61701 month ago

+Ariel Resto I wish I had done my research in January 2014 BEFORE I lost my money, I am still sending DEMAND letters to Preston Lord and will have my attorney send one on my behalf as well....I sent out 200 letters and NEVER RECEIVED ANY MONIES EVER FROM THEM ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

·

Lexxie45

2 months ago

I got my rip off letter today. Promptly tore it to pieces and threw it into the garbage where it belongs. Feel kind of sorry for the people who fell for this scam. But you should never ever send money up front to anyone promising you a job. Same with letters saying you won a prize and have to send in processing fees first to claim it. They're all scams. Every single one of them.

·

Yes, I agree, but there are so many legit work at home and even if you do your homework, there's still those out there that know how to word it right and suck people in. Glad you stayed safe

·

DuFour Richard

2 months ago

Hi Nanette, wow. I've been holding on to this letter for a few days before going online tonight to check it out. Honestly, I was pretty much sold. But then I watched your video here and read the comments. thx

·

Nanette Yocum1 month ago

You're very welcome Richard. I have tried a lot of home business opportunities in the 4 years since I started and one by one I plan on doing reviews on all of them. I am involved with 2 right now that are showing me profits. And, yes, I thoroughly checked them out before signing up. I'm very pleased with both of them. Check out my links above if you're interested

·
    bobbyann kellysmith

1 month ago

I GOT MY SCAM LETTER THREE DAYS AGO FROM FROM PRESTON LORD ENTERPRISES AND I READ IT THE SAME DAY THEN I PRAYED TO MY HEAVENLY FATHER TODAY FRIDAY APRIL 25 2014 WAS JUST FINNA FILL OUT APPLICATION BUT INSTEAD I WATCH THE VIDEO BEFORE AND I THANK GOD I DID

·

Nanette Yocum1 month ago

So glad I could help out :)

·
    DooleyB27

4 months ago

Hi, did the program work out for you

·

Absolutely not and there is no refund. They never even respond. Stay away

·

Rick Garrow

2 months ago

Thx got my ripp-off letter today from 5 Lyons Mall Suite 777 Basking Ridge NJ-(What a garden spot)for the headsup-another rip-off-only the jerks at Ple get any cash-too bad there isnt one honest work from home job! The 1st one to come up with a real opportunity to money from home will make fortunes!

·

Nanette Yocum1 month ago

Hi Rick, yes it is a shame that there are so many disreputable people out there taking advantage of those who only want to better their lives.

I am working 2 home business opportunities now that are on the up and up, check them out. I'll be doing reviews on these also. Plus any of the other opportunities that I've tried in the past 4 years.

Patricia Miles

2 months ago

Anyone should check-out any company before spending any money.

·

absolutely patricia, yet even though you can check them out, sometimes we can still be taken

·
    Patricia Miles2 months ago

True

·
    Rafael Roldan

1 month ago

Thanks for helping me nit fall for the scum

·
    Richard Nicholson

1 month ago

Aside from reporting PLE to the BBB, report them to the New Jersey Attorney General and the Consumer Affairs Division.

·
    szrs6170

1 month ago

For all of you that have been scammed by Preston Lord Enterprises PLEASE go to New Jersey BBB and report them!!!!!!!!!!! I am still waiting for my $198.00 Refund. Preston Lord and Stanely SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
    Kenny Fejeran

1 month ago

Folks that's what print and mail houses are for. It's a one stop shop that does all the labor and mailing for them. I'd rather have a machine doing all the work than my grandmother....lol

·
    jose cervantes

2 months ago

wheres the second part of this video to see what happens??? 

·
    Patrick Ahern

2 months ago

Maxwell Gates Enterprises Review - Work-At-Home Companies in Mendham, NJ - BBB Business Review - BBB serving New Jersey

·
    szrs6170

1 month ago

THIS IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!! I joined in 1-30-2014 I am fighting to get my $299 BACK so Far I got back 95 but still am waiting on my 198.00.....DON"T DO THIS it is a waste of time, MONEY! I sent out my 200 letters and I got ZERO back from PRESTON LORD INTPRISES ZERROOOOO NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
    ThePowerfulpenny

1 month ago

Hi Nanette! Thanks for sharing this info.

·
    Nanette Yocum1 month ago

You're welcome. Any way I can help others

·
    Jane Smith

1 month ago

Sorry about your experience Nanette. Folks PLEASE research anything that requires you to send money. There's lots of information about this scam. Check out the better business bureau or Preston Lord Enterprises. Don't let folks like this get away with it. Can't wait to see this guy behind bars. Post comments to his video. He'll delete them but hopefully someone will see them before he does. Fight back against these predators.

·
    Nanette Yocum via Google+

8 months ago

·

42. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BBB Business Review

This Business is not BBB accredited

Maxwell Gates Enterprises

Additional Locations 88 E Main St Ste H # 433, Mendham, NJ 07945

On a scale of A+ to F Reason for Rating BBB Ratings System Overview

Share Print

BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.

Description

This company offers business opportunities.

BBB Accreditation

This business is not BBB accredited.
    Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
    To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.

Reason for Rating

BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
    Factors that lowered the rating for Maxwell Gates Enterprises include:

• BBB concerns with the industry in which this business operates
    • 156 complaints filed against business
    • Failure to respond to 87 complaints filed against business
    • 8 complaints filed against business that were not resolved
    • Overall complaint history with BBB
    • Length of time business has taken to resolve complaint(s)
    • Government action(s) against business

Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details

156 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 93 closed in last 12 months

Complaint Type Total Closed Complaints
    Advertising/Sales Issues 69
    Billing/Collection Issues 2
    Delivery Issues 19
    Guarantee/Warranty Issues 8
    Problems with Product/Service 58
    Total Closed Complaints 156
    Read Complaints | Definitions | BBB Complaint Process | File a Complaint against Maxwell Gates Enterprises
    See Trends in Complaints on Maxwell Gates Enterprises | View Complaints Summary by Type Pie Chart on Maxwell Gates Enterprises

• Government Actions

Final Consent Judgment
      Date of Action: 10/7/2013
      The following describes a government action that has been resolved by either a settlement or a decision by a court or administrative agency. If the matter is being appealed, it will be noted below.

On October 7, 2013, Acting Attorney General John J. Hoffman and the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs announced a $130,000 settlement with a Mendham-based company the State sued as part of “Operation Empty Promises,” a nationwide crackdown on work-at-home scams.

David Brookman and his company, Capital Enterprises, Inc., lured consumers through ads that promised, “Get Paid From Mailing Our Special Letters From Home! Potential Earnings Of Up To $5,000 Or More Weekly!”

The State’s investigation revealed that Brookman and his company never fulfilled that promise. The State found that, of Brookman’s approximately 13,000 customers, only 45 – less than 1 percent – ever made more than $100 from the envelope stuffing program. Approximately 11,000 made no money at all. The most any consumer ever made from Brookman’s work-from-home scheme was $520 over a 10-month period. According to the State’s lawsuit against Brookman, consumers who signed up for the work-at-home program had to pay a registration fee. After paying the fee, they found the terms and conditions substantially changed, often including a requirement to make further payments.

The State’s five-count lawsuit, filed by the Division of Law in State Superior Court in Essex County and transferred to Morris County, alleged that Brookman and his company, Capital Enterprises, Inc., violated the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act by engaging in unconscionable commercial practices, deception, false promises, and misrepresentations, as well as bait-and-switch tactics, in their advertisement and sale of work-at-home programs. Brookman also conducted business under the names Maxwell Scott Enterprises, Maxwell Scott, David Gates Enterprises, Warner Daniel, and Preston Lord Enterprises.

Under the settlement, Brookman and his company will pay $130,000 which includes $66,712 in civil penalties and $63,288 reimbursement of the State’s attorneys’ fees and investigative costs. Brookman will pay the initial $50,000 within 10 days of the settlement, and the rest in quarterly installments of $10,000.

Also under the terms of the settlement, Brookman is permanently enjoined from advertising or selling work-from-home or direct-mail or similar programs in New Jersey or directed to New Jersey residents. For the next 10 years, Brookman shall not form any business in New Jersey, or advertise the sale of any merchandise, without posting a bond of $250,000, and providing the State with specific information about the business.

What government actions does BBB report on?
    • Advertising Review

BBB has nothing to report concerning Maxwell Gates Enterprises's advertising at this time.
      What is BBB Advertising Review?

Additional Information

top BBB file opened: January 24, 2011 Business started: 04/01/2008 in NJ Business incorporated: 04/01/2008 in 0 Contact Information

Customer Contact: Mr. David Gates, President
    Business Category

Work-At-Home Companies Business Opportunity Companies

Alternate Business Names

Capital Enterprises, Inc. David Gates Inc. Gordon James Enterprises Maxwell Scott Enterprises Preston Lord Enterprises Warner Daniel Enterprises Additional Information

Starting December 2012 the BBB received several calls alleging non delivery of materials by Preston Lord Enterprises after the initial payments were sent to the company. The BBB asked the consumers to provide a written copy of their disputes.
    Preston Lord Enterprises responded to complaints filed with the BBB stating that the materials were sent to the consumers. Those complaints were closed as resolved. Additional complaints alleged that after the initial package was received a new letter disclosed that one had to continue paying for more leads at half of the initial start-up fee. The company responded by referring to the terms set out in the company letters and advises customers to read carefully what was provided.
    The BBB advises consumers seeking any work at home jobs to ask the program sponsor to list every step of the job and to ask if the pay is based on client response (commission). Additional information about the expenses incurred, including supplies, additional fees should also obtained.

Better Business Bureau, New Jersey

44. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post