Thread: Team Beachbody

Post Thanks / Like

Team Beachbody

Well, I'll be damned - something that at least looks legitimate:

https://www.teambeachbody.com

Thoughts, criticism?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Beachbody

I will give them credit for making their earnings disclaimer easy to find. In 2008, 85% of affiliates average $550 gross per year. In 2012, 71% gross an average of $474 per year. As a buying club or if an affiliate barely has to lift a finger that's not bad. Much more than 40 hours and any expenses puts that in the category of any other MLM and the participant in the red.

Lazy people aside, I am not convinced most people with some sales and people skills that get out and hustle can't do much better financially in anything other than MLM.

2008 earnings.JPG
    http://www.teambeachbody.com/en_US/c...oupId=27914284

2012 Earnings.JPG

http://www.teambeachbody.com/home/-/...4-843ee8e06d7f
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

3. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This warning on EBAY got me thinking.

Beachbody programmes are some of the most counterfeited DVD's ever produced, we have a right to protect our brand and because eBay has the propensity to have a high rate of counterfeit products sold on the platform, we work with eBay to monitor their platform closely to protect our company and the eBay community. Selling your genuine used Beachbody products on eBay | eBay

A few months back I bought a set of CDs off EBAY, not for BeachBody gave up on that dream years ago. I think they might have been pirated, listened to them once and on the shelf they went. The guy who did the CDs is on the seminar circuit and has done books and tapes for years. His big profit I would guess is when he or a member of this team sells stuff at retail after a seminar, plus mentoring. Having a few things counterfeited probably doesn't make him warm and fuzzy, but since all his stuff goes begging for a buyer on EBAY how much effort does he put in stopping it?

Conversely if a BeachBody IBO is making money from recruiting others for autoship counterfeits maybe not much of an issue. But to buy for resale I dunno, not only does an affiliate have competition from other sellers, but from fakers at the swap meet?

Good luck unloading your bobblehead at list against some cheap Cambodian knock-off.

Attachment 11815

team beachbody | eBay
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff

5. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a Webroot warning when I clicked LazyMan's website so not sure what is going on there. Have used the site many times without any problems that I am aware of and he does excellent reviews. Although decidedly anti-MLM but then so am I for the same reasons I suspect:

"To summarize, it seems like Shakeology tastes so terrible that you need to mask it with a plethora of other ingredients. It is so expensive that the pricing at a restaurant is famous in a movie for being outrageous. Shakeology may be healthy for a shake, but shakes aren’t healthy to begin with. It misrepresents itself as a meal replacement when it is really nothing of the sort at only 140 calories. In only becomes a meal replacement when you add the other ingredients… at which point you might as well just had the meal."

Beachbody Bummer has a great chart about how absurd Shakeology pricing is... Pricing for 200 calories: Slimfast is $0.63, Ensure is $1.03, GNC Total Lean is 2.36, Shakeology is $6.66. Yikes!"

Is Beachbody's Shakeology a Scam? - Lazy Man and Money

Personally I'm not a big fan of the taste or preparation of meal replacement shakes. There's one brand of protein bar I like that has about 400 calories and 30g of protein. Others, meh. Prices just went up, a bar might cost $2.50 in bulk. I like to snack on one while driving to Taco Bell to take the edge off. So I may be the wrong one to ask on the taste/quality of the BB shakes. As a "business" $6.66 for a shake seems like a tough sell unless drinkers get to stop exercising and eat whatever the hell they want the rest of the day.

Post Thanks / Like

This seems spot on as well. Lots of claims coming out of the the supplement industry, very little hard data to back it up.

"Pay for substance, not for brand. The science behind nutritional health is the same, no matter what brand is on the label. If Beachbody’s health claims are not backed by FDA evaluation, why should you believe that Beachbody is any better than other brands that have the same active ingredients? Dr. Stephen Barrett, a long time consumer advocate, says that MLM supplement companies often get their raw ingredients from the same bulk wholesaler and simply put them into a branded package, we don’t know whether Beachbody does this." Why Pay More? Beachbody Alternatives | Beachbody Bummer

Then again, this opp does have bobbleheads and who doesn't want that?

Chalane Johnson Bobble Head.JPG

8. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately for TeamBeachBody, any question of its' legitimacy just went out the window.

Serial pyramid scheme pimps Tony Rush, Randy Schrum, John Lavenia and their Home Business Labs cronies appear to have have moved on from Dubli and are ramming TBB down their members' throats as their "next-big-thing"

Stand by for a sudden increase in signups before Home Business Labs take their commission, dump TBB and move on to the next "opportunity"
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

10. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, but the involvement of pimps isn't an indicator of legitimacy in and of itself. They have to pimp some legitimate products to sustain credibility with their downlines.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E2014T View Post

They have to pimp some legitimate products to sustain credibility with their downlines.
    You should buy a pack of shakes and let us know how they taste. http://www.amazon.com/Shakeology-Van...DateDescending Then 90 days of P90X Workout DVDs and Equipment | eBay followed by 60 days of http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...rkout&_sacat=0

And none of the fakeo stuff slacker...

I don't know that I would call legitimacy of products into question with most MLMs except in the context of outlandish health claims and/or price versus alternatives. The warehouse club where I shop has a whole isle of protein shakes, bars, and vitamins. I could buy a months supply of shakes for $30. To believe the business claims, I would have to be convinced that I could walk into the parking lot and sell that same supply for $130 to a cadre of eager buyers. Or that there was $100 of magical medical value in any MLM shake over what is readily available as a lowly customer a zillion other places.

Same with P90X and Insanity I get winded just watching, certainly great workouts. How many people are going to buy new versus used on EBAY? Enough to call it a business of your own?

Lastly, what are the qualifications of the "coaches" in any of these programs? Anything more clinically or academically rigorous than my upline says?

Interesting, but the involvement of pimps isn't an indicator of legitimacy in and of itself.
    Sure, but why listen to a group of people that continually earn referral commissions being wrong? At some point ever ask if these people have any competence beyond padding their own bank accounts?

There is a lot of blather on the videos and websites about why Beachbody (insert MLM here) is not a Pyramid Scheme. Applying the Koscot test to almost any that are out there we can see many are cleverly disguised by eliminating commissions for referral only(3). Maybe a small membership fee that goes right to the company and of course those that plug in will want a starter kit that likely has the commission attached.

Now most of these schemes don't get shut down, but then again most participants don't make any money either. Are these pimps turning prospects into entrepreneurs or their customers in what looks an awful lot like a Pyramid?

A (MLM) Skeptic: MLM Dictionary: Koscot Test

(1) Payment of money to the company;
    (2) The participant receives the right to sell a product (or service);
    (3) The participant receives compensation for recruiting others into the program;
    (4) The compensation is unrelated to the sale of products (or services) to the ultimate user.
    Last edited by ribshaw; 08-24-2015 at 12:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a fan of shakes, but P90X was the best thing I've ever done for myself years ago. I regret not keeping up with it (all the usual excuses), but the energy from the workout was incredible. That's why I started the thread in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ribshaw View Post
    Enough to call it a business of your own?
    Not a business, but if someone is serious about getting in shape, it could cover their original expenses on the products. The company wins and the participants win. Of course if all people do is pimp products without using them, they can make more money, but that's about as honest as pimping a straight up illegal scheme.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a fan of shakes, but P90X was the best thing I've ever done for myself years ago. I regret not keeping up with it (all the usual excuses), but the energy from the workout was incredible. That's why I started the thread in the first place.
    I've gone through my share of home exercise equipment or as I like to call it caloric clothes racks.

Not a business, but if someone is serious about getting in shape, it could cover their original expenses on the products. The company wins and the participants win.
    Yes, but not everyone can cover their original expenses and there lies the problem. Which means that everyone that doesn't recruit 2 that recruit 2 overpaid to subsidize those at the top of the pyramid. The company wins, very few participants win.

Plus we still have all this ridiculousness...

Seriously.jpg

Magic in a bottle.JPG

If it was a few knowledgeable people selling products/services to people that were serious or thought they were serious about getting in shape that is more win/win in my opinion.

Of course if all people do is pimp products without using them, they can make more money, but that's about as honest as pimping a straight up illegal scheme.
    Convincing a constant stream of recruits to do autoship and attend the functions for 2 to 5 years so they can retire on a beach with a massive residual income. Isn't that the problem with the bulk of the MLM industry that they never seem to address?

Post Thanks / Like

so......what would be the excuse for me being in shape while NOT taking any of this voodoo crap?
    It presents quite the conundrum.
    Haven't lost any money to online scams.......results are typical.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    so......what would be the excuse for me being in shape while NOT taking any of this voodoo crap?
    It presents quite the conundrum.
    Maybe the J.O.B where you slave away has a gym on site so they can keep you there longer?

Why does Whip hate capitalism and the American dream that only MLM can provide is the better question.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the J.O.B where you slave away has a gym on site so they can keep you there longer?
    can't be. clearly the scammer finix demonstrated it HAD to be the voodoo shake and not the working out.

Why does Whip hate capitalism and the American dream that only MLM can provide is the better question.
    because I'm a dick.

Post Thanks / Like

Any discussion about the quality and efficacy of the "product" becomes secondary to the fact Team Beach Body:

1) continues to allow questions about the pyramid / endless chain recruitment aspect of its' operation to remain unanswered.

and

2) not only allows, but welcomes with open arms, the notorious "hit and run" recruitment oriented Tony Rush and Co "Home Business Labs" to be associated with Team Beach Body

Setting aside the (il)legal aspects of what HBL has done, from the viewpoint of a "genuine" potential member, the arrival of
    Tony Rush, Randy Schrum, John Lavenia and their Home Business Labs cronies throws up a giant red flag WRT the long term credibility and viability of TBB.

Unless, of course, said potential new members are only interested in the endless chain recruiting potential provided by the TBB compensation plan, in which case, they will feel completely at home.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like

Some good discussion here. Thanks to everyone for input.

Post Thanks / Like

Team Beachbody is just another business opportunity recruiting scam. Their coaches have almost no requirements and are MLM sales people. They require increasing personal volume as you advance in rank in the compensation plan. Recruiting is required to advance in rank in the compensation plan. There are many reports of difficulty in canceling your auto-shipment orders and monthly coach fees. There is little opportunity to make a significant income retailing the Team Beachbody products. I would avoid the Team Beachbody business opportunity.
    Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. - Sophocles
    LikesXL Scam? Yes It Is In My Opinion!
    Top 10 Work At Home Business Opportunity Scams

Post Thanks / Like

This video is worth watching if looking at the opportunity side of things.

Body Builders make pretty good scambusters.

Avoid the beachbody/ p90x/ insanity scam... - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Post Thanks / Like

how are these people so proud of the cheap baubles and not utterly embarrassed? again, just like going to the dentist when you're a kid and getting to pick a 'ring' when you were done.

Post Thanks / Like

Fat feminine looking dude fired by the company does not a critic make, but potential buyers should hear all sides.

Post Thanks / Like

Body Builders make pretty good scambusters.
    Body builders are like yoga gurus - you either live that lifestyle or you don't. If you do, the rest of your life is secondary to that main consideration. Beachbody is for normal people with medium to high income who want to get in shape celebrity style.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    Any discussion about the quality and efficacy of the "product" becomes secondary to the fact Team Beach Body:

1) continues to allow questions about the pyramid / endless chain recruitment aspect of its' operation to remain unanswered.

and

2) not only allows, but welcomes with open arms, the notorious "hit and run" recruitment oriented Tony Rush and Co "Home Business Labs" to be associated with Team Beach Body

Setting aside the (il)legal aspects of what HBL has done, from the viewpoint of a "genuine" potential member, the arrival of
    Tony Rush, Randy Schrum, John Lavenia and their Home Business Labs cronies throws up a giant red flag WRT the long term credibility and viability of TBB.

Unless, of course, said potential new members are only interested in the endless chain recruiting potential provided by the TBB compensation plan, in which case, they will feel completely at home.
    I was unfamiliar with all this so I Googled Home Business labs Adlandpro and found that it linked to their traffic exchange where the product is typical adlandpro. Have a guess what"

PENISADVANTAGE - NATURAL REMEDY
    This is an award winning program & has helped thousands of people worldwide. This program will show you how to lengthening your erection, thickening of your erection, get a fuller, thicker, & bigger head, develop rock hard erection, end premature ejaculation have powerful multiple organism for you & her, increase sexual ejaculation & fire off like cannon. Your full confidence as a man will be restored with penis advantage for further info. Email me at enemartha22@gmail.com or click on the link below.

AdlandPro Traffic Exchange

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by path2prosperity View Post
    I was unfamiliar with all this so I Googled Home Business labs Adlandpro and found that it linked to their traffic exchange where the product is typical adlandpro. Have a guess what"

PENISADVANTAGE - NATURAL REMEDY
    This is an award winning program & has helped thousands of people worldwide. This program will show you how to lengthening your erection, thickening of your erection, get a fuller, thicker, & bigger head, develop rock hard erection, end premature ejaculation have powerful multiple organism for you & her, increase sexual ejaculation & fire off like cannon. Your full confidence as a man will be restored with penis advantage for further info. Email me at enemartha22@gmail.com or click on the link below.

AdlandPro Traffic Exchange
    Judy, you are a good person, but you are about as good as Festa when it comes to being on topic. Start another thread about your problems/concerns. You are about as qualified to talk about Beachbody as your friend Whip. Both of you should direct you attention else, and let the others discuss.

Post Thanks / Like

Judy, you are a good person, but you are about as good as Festa when it comes to being on topic. Start another thread about your problems/concerns. You are about as qualified to talk about Beachbody as your friend Whip. Both of you should direct you attention else, and let the others discuss.
    I was interested to see who was behind Home Business Labs and what was the nature of the three people whom LRM was discussing in the thread. I found it as most insalubrious characters and their product line can be found on Adlandpro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by path2prosperity View Post
    I found it as most insalubrious characters and their product line can be found on Adlandpro
    Girl, the best criminal minds have used and pimped the standard financial system. They don't have any other choice. It doesn't make the system wrong, only the people gaming it.