Thanks Thanks:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Zeek Rewards !! How to get to $3K a month, starting as a free member !

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zeek Rewards !! How to get to $3K a month, starting as a free member !

*sigh* it's deja vu all over again.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering how much power the NC AG office has??....What can they do to zeek if anything??....
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Post Thanks / Like

Wanna bet it's not just the NC Attorney Generals' department doing the deed ???

WASHINGTON—Following an announcement today by Attorney General Eric Holder, representatives of the Financial Fraud Enforcement Task Force in Washington, D.C., including U.S. Attorney Ronald C. Machen Jr., announced the regional results of Operation Broken Trust, a nationwide operation which targeted investment fraud in the District of Columbia and throughout the country.

Operation Broken Trust is the first nationwide operation of its kind to target a broad array of investment fraud schemes that directly prey upon the investing public.

The interagency Financial Fraud Enforcement Task Force was established by the president to lead an aggressive, coordinated, and proactive effort to investigate and prosecute financial crimes. Starting on Aug. 16, 2010, to date Operation Broken Trust has involved enforcement actions against 343 criminal defendants and 189 civil defendants for fraud schemes involving more than 120,000 victims throughout the country. The operation's criminal cases involved more than $8.3 billion in estimated losses and the civil cases involved estimated losses of more than $2.1 billion.
    and

The President's Financial Fraud Enforcement Task Force includes representatives from a broad range of federal agencies, regulatory authorities, inspectors general, and state and local law enforcement who, working together, bring to bear a powerful array of criminal and civil enforcement resources.

The task force is working to improve efforts across the federal executive branch, and with state and local partners, to investigate and prosecute significant financial crimes, ensure just and effective punishment for those who perpetrate financial crimes, combat discrimination in the lending and financial markets, and recover proceeds for victims of financial crimes. For more information on the task force, visit StopFraud.gov.
    U.S. Attorney Machen credited the many law enforcement partners who worked on the Operation Broken Trust cases brought by his office, including the FBI's Washington Field Office, the U.S. Secret Service, the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, and the Justice Department's Asset Forfeiture and Money Laundering Section.

Read the whole FBI press release HERE including the fact this is the task force which brought down Bowdoin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laidback View Post
    Errr, Elmer wasn't the only one....
    Thanks for that. What surprised me is that I got about 4 E-mails telling me that steelkid and the global mod was way out of line, and why didn't I respond? I thanked them for their concerns, but I was fine. It was nice of them to contact me though. It meant a lot.

I actually have received a lot of E-mails telling me they appreciated and liked my posts, but would not say so on the forum after seeing all the names they called me and the personal attacks. Rather interesting comments. Nice to know that people noticed.
    EagleOne
    Author: "Robbing You With A Keyboard Instead Of A Gun - Cyber Crime How They Do It" available in soft cover and eBook at Amazon.com

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we'll never hear that Len Clements interview now.

Post Thanks / Like

If some of these Zeek fanatics saw a T-Rex on their lawn they would think it's just a dog.

**UPDATE ON ZEEK WEBSITES BEING OFFLINE / WATCH TROY'S VIDEO**.
    I am so excited to see this happening so soon. I didn't think we would see this until next year. Thousands of companies go through this every year (my own company went through it in 2005) and the companies that are doing it right, like Zeek is, always come out on top! Please watch the short video Troy Dooley just put out on Zeek:
    Breaking MLM Penny Auction News Facts Behind NC DOJ Investigation of Zeek Rewards - YouTube
    We're all going to get some time off from placing our ads and we''' probably see next week when we can get started again. As always, I'll keep you posted as I get more information.
    Great things are ahead for all of us! Have a great night!

Post Thanks / Like

That TalkGold thread has an interesting contemporaneous update of what Troy was saying on the call:

...Dooly just said this doesn't worry him at all.

Dooly suspects offices were closed voluntarily.

...good thing about an election year, the AG won't do something "wrong" to get egg on his face.

...in situations like this, we as distributors need to contact our elected officials...let them know what ZR has done 4 us.

...Dooly suggests affiliates post on ZR friendly Facebook sites, ZRnews, etc rather than engaging people on antiZR sites.

...AG always gets negative comments about companies, shouldn't we send them positive ones?
    So is Troy the one with the "call to action" that has led to the Stepfordian spam on the NC AG's Facebook page and other sites? And Dooly telling the affiliates to stay away from "antiZR sites"? Interesting...

Post Thanks / Like

Dooly is a total baffoon. I just wonder whether jail time for obstruction or being committed to an mental hospital would be more appropriate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch McDeere View Post
    I guess we'll never hear that Len Clements interview now.

This is quintessential Clements, so painstaking in his research and so meticulous in his examination that he waits until the AG locks the doors before he warns people that the company might face legal issues.

That being said, I am still looking forward to his report.
    So your prophets of finance have fallen on their collective proverbial face, and you hear muffled voices calling: Welcome to the human race.
    You made a killing dealing real estate at NASA selling cemetery plots in outer space til some falling coffins crashed upon your doorstep: Welcome to the human race.

Open up your heart...

Welcome to RealScam.com.

Post Thanks / Like

Read the full article on the Patrick Pretty blog

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Attorney General confirms demand for Zeek records

By Nash Dunn
    The Dispatch

Published: Friday, August 17, 2012 at 11:24 a.m.

Last Modified: Friday, August 17, 2012 at 11:24 a.m.

The North Carolina Attorney General's office confirmed Friday that it has made a civil demand for Rex Venture Group's documents. However, officials say they have not shut the company down.

Rex Venture Group, known to most as Zeek, unexpectedly closed its headquarters in Lexington on Thursday afternoon, sending hundreds of thousands of its online users spinning in speculation and confusion. Zeek also announced online it was cancelling an upcoming "Red Carpet" event scheduled for Wednesday, in addition to training, recruitment and leadership calls for its users in the "next few days."
    More available here.

Mr. Dunn confirms what Patrick said about the CID being issued a month before Troy told us.

Interesting.
    So your prophets of finance have fallen on their collective proverbial face, and you hear muffled voices calling: Welcome to the human race.
    You made a killing dealing real estate at NASA selling cemetery plots in outer space til some falling coffins crashed upon your doorstep: Welcome to the human race.

Open up your heart...

Welcome to RealScam.com.

Post Thanks / Like

They reached Clifton, the PR guy, but not any of the Zeek heads. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wonder if all those people lined up at the building are there to try and recover their money, not waiting to sign up...

zeek.jpg

At any rate if Change.org has anything to do with this, one I would stay away from. I have not kept up with the thread in MMG, so my comment might not fit so well here but the sign has changed since 2007 on that building.

Post Thanks / Like

I do not hate MLM/Network Marketing. Be clear on that. I hate verminous blood sucking parasitic vultures.

I've been monitoring Googles news site for new stories about Zeek and the Travelers Today site published a story a few hours ago. No new information but word is spreading. The first comment on the story was from a Vitel Wireless affiliate named Nate:

Nate
    haha dont you just love the media. If anyone knows anyone in Zeek Rewards then spread the word. Vitel Wireless is grandfathering all Zeek rewards members into the equivlent level in Vitel and their downlines for free as a safe haven if Zeek does not reopen the doors. This should save alot of stress for people in Zeek if this was their only income. Tell the members to contact 616-209-4445 for any questions

The body isn't even cold yet and the Vitel Vultures are poaching downlines. I sincerely hope this isn't what Troy means when he says "If you're in Network Marketing, act like it."

Open up your heart...

Welcome to RealScam.com.

Post Thanks / Like

What in the world is Zeek paying Clifton for anyway? It sure isn't for PR.

This office closure, cancelling the red carpet event, training and recruiting seminars was all done by Zeek; not the NC AG. I thought PR people were supposed to be the mouth piece for the company and to distill any concerns by the members. At least that is the way it works in the real world, but instead we have Troy Dooly being the mouthpiece.

Personally I think Paul knew the jig was up and he just shut it down before the AG or Feds did it for him and then everyone would know it was a Ponzi. One thing is for sure, he can't say the "evil government" shut him down. I think he is hoping that by closing up shop he will avoid prosecution. Then after a couple years try it all over again, a la Andy.

I thought the ASD people were over the top, but the Zeeksters have taken over the top to new heights.

On another note, the MMG Zeek thread is still closed. Makes you wonder why?
    EagleOne
    Author: "Robbing You With A Keyboard Instead Of A Gun - Cyber Crime How They Do It" available in soft cover and eBook at Amazon.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jimmy from Oz's place made an excellent point over at Patrick's.

Jimmy
    Aug 17, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

What about the conflict of interest of Zeek insiders?

If a CID was issued on July 6, and only Zeek insiders knew this, the these same Zeek insiders were also affiliates with large account balances…

If I were a Zeek insider, I would cash out my balance aggressively, while the sheep continue to compound. I read on RealScam this may be considered “insider trading” if Zeek is deemed as an investment. There seems to be a lot of potential criminal charges that could stick beyond just the Ponzi scheme, wire fraud, credit card factoring, etc.
    I'd point out that Ad Surf Daily's Andy Bowdoin did plead guilty but not to running a ponzi scheme, but rather to charges relating to wire fraud. Ever since ZR lost their credit card merchant account they've been playing fast and loose with offshore processors and that wont make the AG happy at all.

And if Zeek insiders went to a 0% repurchase rate after the CID was filed on July 6th, not only would that be a red flag to the investigators but if I were an affiliate I'd be pissed.

And.,.........Game Over:

U.S. Secret Service, SEC investigate Zeek

Attorney General's Office confirms demand for records

A U.S. Secret Service agent (center) makes notes while talking with a man and woman in front of Rex Venture Group, or Zeek, headquarters on West Center Street in Lexington on Friday afternoon.
    Donnie Roberts/The Dispatch

By Nash Dunn
    The Dispatch

Published: Friday, August 17, 2012 at 11:24 a.m.

Last Modified: Friday, August 17, 2012 at 1:52 p.m.

The U.S. Secret Service has confirmed it is investigating Zeek Rewards as well as the company's chief executive officer, Paul Burks.

Special Agent Glen Kessler said the Secret Service, in coordination with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, is working a joint case on Zeek Rewards, the company's affiliate program and an entity of Rex Venture Group LLC, which is based in Lexington.
    More at this link. And from that article:

The Attorney's General office has opened a hotline for concerned Zeek Rewards affiliates or Zeekler.com retail customers, which can be reached by calling (919) 716-6046

And another late edit because we could all use a chuckle today. A comment from Oz's blog:

August 18th, 2012 at 2:48 am (Quote) C’mon people… if you look at the photo on the Dispatch site very closely, you can plainly see that the agent is writing a check to be deposited with Zeek to purchase bids!
    lol

Last edited by GlimDropper; 08-17-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Open up your heart...

Welcome to RealScam.com.

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin Thompson wrote an interesting article on his website:

Zeek Rewards Takes a Dive

Just a few quotes:

It’s official. Zeek Rewards has recently closed its doors. Literally. In fact, the SEC and U.S. Secret Service are now involved. This is what we know: the doors are locked and the website is down. It’s not looking good. Was this done voluntarily? Were they required to do this by the SEC? This all has occurred recently after the North Carolina AG’s office expressed “concern” over the Zeek model.
    I’ve got mixed emotions.
    I’m both angry and relieved.
    Why am I angry?

I really think we lost our minds with this model. The MLM community took the bait and walked off a cliff like a herd of lemmings. Do you want to know what happened? I’m going to be candid:
    I’m angry because we allowed the cancer to infiltrate the host and spread. We opened the door and welcomed it with open arms. Zeek leadership took on top positions with trade associations, recruited top distributors from reputable companies and networked intelligently with industry influencers. Have cash? We’ll dance. We provided them with the semblance of legitimacy, and they ran with it. We empowered them.
    Why am I relieved?

I’m relieved because the conversation is finally over. I’ve been fielding calls at least twice a week with somebody else looking to launch their version of Zeek. It’s hard to tell someone “no” when there’s someone across the street making a fortune with the exact same model. Finally, it’s over. We can resume normal business.
    The rest of the article can be read here.

I said a long time ago that either a bunch of MLM's best and brightest are going to end up with egg on their face over Zeek Rewards, or Paul Burks would win the Nobel prize for economics. Well even if Paul had any plans to go to Stockholm I'm kinda sure his passports been impounded.

I'm trying not to gloat here, that wouldn't be productive. Zeek Rewards exposed a systemic flaw in MLM/NetWork Marketing and the way they self regulate. No one like regulations and we don't want a bunch of new restrictive laws. But some of the most prominent names in the industry aided and abetted Paul Burks in what I'm sure will be found to be a fraud of such proportions that it'll make Andy Bowdoin's Ad Surf Daily look like a penny ante operation.

If MLM's dream team can't spot fraud till it bites them in the ass (and it has) what alternative is there to more strident regulations? More fraud pretending to be legitimate MLM? How many Zeek clones are there already? The Troy Dooly's of the world need to wake up. I am 100% convinced that paid or not he was ZR's most effective salesman and that is not what we need him to be.

MLM, WAKE UP !!! I'm not asking you to do our job for us I'm asking you to stop making our job harder. You folks need to be the first ones jumping down the throats of scams dressed up like network marketing companies. You guys should be the watchman on that wall, not us. There are plenty of scams out there without multi level comp plans so you wont put us out of work, you'd only be taking care of your own.

Open up your heart...

Welcome to RealScam.com.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the latest and it is ASD all over:

SEC shuts down Zeek, calls it pyramid and Ponzi scheme | The-Dispatch.com

Can't wait for Troy's this is just normal business and nothing to worry about. Don't you just love how the NC AG kept them looking at the right hand while the left hand was doing the shutdown.

Gee, maybe I need to do faulty math in JBP since it worked with Zeek.
    EagleOne

Post Thanks / Like

Memo to MMG: You can take down the thread for Zeek (Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again), but too late as screenshots have already been taken.
    EagleOne

Post Thanks / Like

Troy put out another video:

Comments to follow.

I'm speechless.

OK, I was depressed FOR Troy but now I have the words to rebut his video. They aren't mine but they'll work:

SEC shuts down Zeek, calls it pyramid and Ponzi scheme

Published: Friday, August 17, 2012 at 4:55 p.m.

Last Modified: Friday, August 17, 2012 at 4:55 p.m.

WASHINGTON, D.C. | The Securities and Exchange Commission announced Friday fraud charges and an emergency asset freeze to halt a $600 million Ponzi scheme on the verge of collapse. The emergency action assures that victims can recoup more of their money and potentially avoid devastating losses.
    The rest of the article is here.

Spin this one Troy:

Burks has agreed to settle the SEC’s charges against him without admitting or denying the allegations and agreed to cooperate with a court-appointed receiver.

According to the SEC’s complaint, ZeekRewards has paid out nearly $375 million to investors to date and holds approximately $225 million in investor funds in 15 foreign and domestic financial institutions. Those funds will be frozen under the emergency asset freeze granted by the court at the SEC’s request. Meanwhile, Burks has personally siphoned several million dollars of investors’ funds while operating Rex Venture and ZeekRewards, and he distributed at least $1 million to family members. Burks has agreed to relinquish his interest in the company and its assets plus pay a $4 million penalty. Additionally, the court has appointed a receiver to collect, marshal, manage and distribute remaining assets for return to harmed investors.

Troy's Aces Radio is live right now (and will be archived soon). [Link]
    Last edited by GlimDropper; 08-17-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Open up your heart...

Welcome to RealScam.com.

Post Thanks / Like

Tango Down! Tango Down!

How is Troy going to spin this?

SEC Shuts Down $600 Million Online Pyramid and Ponzi Scheme

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That was truly one of the more bizarre videos I've ever seen. In some of it he's saying it wasn't zeeks fault, in some of it he's saying zeek was confusing, then towards the end he's comparing the people who joined Zeek to victims of rape. Huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    Memo to MMG: You can take down the thread for Zeek (Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again), but too late as screenshots have already been taken.
    LOL, they must have listened to you, the thread is nowhere to be found...!
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laidback View Post
    LOL, they must have listened to you, the thread is nowhere to be found...!
    It would be the first time if they had. I was reporting that they had taken it down completely. Sorry I did not make it more clear that was what I was talking about.

But them listen to me?
    EagleOne