Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

Buzz and Woody have informed me Andy has finished our countersuit. We've instructed Scotty and Mr. PotatoeHead to load it into the PotatoeGun and aim it straight for Ohio.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

The Romulans have sent a intergalactic warning to Mr. Holbrook and his attorney. "Please don't drop anything as you approach the bench as Preparation H has nothing on that TaterGun's velocity"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pantherdadX2 View Post
    The Romulans have sent a intergalactic warning to Mr. Holbrook and his attorney. "Please don't drop anything as you approach the bench as Preparation H has nothing on that TaterGun's velocity"
    Well, thanks very much.

Now I have a picture in my brain I'll NEVER get out.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

After dropping numerous lawsuits on half the planet, one can't help but wonder if that's not a picture of HOLBROOKS BRAIN to the left of my last post, littleroundman. Woody now regrets stealing Holbrooks intellectual property. Jeepers, Wally, at $50,000 a pop, Don now has the opportunity to earn another $150,000 over those last 3 posts!!!.........just injecting a little humor to lighten your load Soapboxmom, your carrying a heavy one. :

5. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

7/2/2007

Holbrook is hired by Livingston Parish Louisianna to conduct a warranted investment study for the local economy to determine the possible types and sizes of projects that might consider investing in a destination attraction zone to drive the tourism and leisure components of the Greater Baton Rouge market. The project includes the design of a ancillary public sector incentive practice for use in their business attraciton efforts to secure private investment in such projects.

Don A. Holbrook

Livingston Parish

<snip blah, blah blah…..>
    In this environment, the LEDC (Livingston Economic Development Council) had identified a catalyst investment project, The Missouri-based Bass Pro Shops. However, the LEDC faced a major hurdle in that Louisiana’s TIF legislation restricted tax money to industrial applications. Thus, the LEDC’s first job was to successfully lobby the state legislature to expand existing TIF legislation. Fortunately, the state capitol was in nearby Baton Rouge, which made the commuting to meetins with legislators and/or staff members relatively simple, adding greatly to the eventual successful outcome of the LEDC’s lobbying campaign.
    As part of its overall strategy, the LEDC retained Stellar Fundrasing to design a customized profile for it, focusing on how to build new investment development funding tools. At this point, I was brought into the picture as a consultant to Stellar and participated in Stellar’s decision recommending the creation of an opportunity fund to be administered through the LEDC. The purpose of the opportunity fund would be to attract development projects and capital to Livingston Parish.
    In discussing the opportunity fund with LEDC’s president, John Ware. I sued the successful experiences of New Caney and EMCID as examples of what could be done. John Ware and the other LEDC board members followed up by doing their own due diligence research on New Caney and EMCID. These discussions included identifying the Baker Leisure Group’s expertise in conducting warranted-investment studies, and BLG was subsequently hired by the LEDC for this purpose. Now the seed money provided by the expanded TIF legislation became even more vital.
    Baker was responsible for the type of investment projects, initially recommending three, and the amount of investment money it thought the market would support. Two of BLG’s recommendations were later adopted by the LEDC. Next, the Vercitas Group was hired to create the incentive tools to fill the gaps in the warranted investment so investors would make the necessary risk investments into the development projects.
    A result of these efforts is the Edutainment Zone, which is projected to yield billions of dollars in economic opportunities during the coming years. The LEDC ultimately contributed $300,000 in risk capital, which it obtained by selling a lot in an industrial park, to fund the Stellar campaign for $3,000,000 in new capital funds that included the establishment of the opportunity fund and approximately $75,000 for the intelligence work with BLG and the Vercitas Group on the warranted-investment study and the incentive strategies to attract new business projects……..
    The Livingston Economic Development Council has no idea who Holbrook is. Further investigation shows he had only a very limited involvement in the Bass Pro deal and the Edutainment Zone does not exist and he will not be involved in any further development though he did his usual grandiose pitch in 2007.

Soapboxmom

P.S. I forgot to link the site for the Parish. Years of annual reports and not one mention of Don Holbrook:

http://ledc.net/News.aspx
    Last edited by Soapboxmom; 06-26-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This whole thing must have been some sort of comedic gag creation, pantherdadx2. Check this out:

8/15/2007

Holbrook has been hired to do the site location search for a new major thematic destination resort and educational/entertainment complex. The initial search and profiling work will focus on the Southern portion of the United States. This project has garnered the support of both the United Nations and other foreign governments as a new collaboration in thematic edutainment based resort and tourism attraction experiences here in the United States.

The new project will include a major flag resort, spa, restaurants, science complex, exhibition centers and other venues. The project will cost approximately $150M in phase 1 to develop. It will create several thousand jobs in the community it is located within and attract more than 500,000 visitors per year. The project is code named, "The Human Heritage Project"

Don A. Holbrook
    http://www.p2pnet.net/story/9797
    Online pirates: valuable resources p2pnet.net News:- According to the corporate cartels, so-called p2p ‘pirates’ are the scourge of the Net, "devastating" honest, hard-pressed the entertainment and software companies and forcing helpless support workers into hard times.
    However, David Choi and Arturo Perez have a somewhat different view, suggesting the phenonmenon of online piracy is a valuable source of innovation to the industries, as well as to entrepreneurs.
    Choi is an assistant professor of Management at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles who’s published articles in the areas of technology standards, wireless technology, online commerce, and strategy innovation. He received his PhD in technology management at the Anderson School at UCLA.
    Perez works for Growthink, a strategic consulting and investment bank boutique. He also heads-up ThinkDigital, Growthink’s Digital Media industry practice. As an entrepreneur, he created and built Kludge, an online music magazine, and helped to build a non-profit organization that bridged music and the arts with philosophy. He’s also director of the Human Heritage Project, a collective of business, bioethics and philosophy doctorates.
    I Googled United Nations "Human Heritage Project" and it produced virtually no hits. "Human Heritage Project" yielded 3 pages of garbage. So, this is another deal that exists in Holbrook's noodle. The 100s of projects for the most part apparently exist in Fantasy Land!

Soapboxmom
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Makes you wonder how he comes up with this stuff. Is there ANY wine left in the cellars at Red Zeppelin?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

26 Tuesday Jun 2012
    Posted by economicdeveloper in.......

Many of you that read my books and blogs know that while I am very passionate supporter of the concept of economic development I am not convinced nor bought into one particular leadership camp or thought group. I have attributed part of this economic mess to our own lack of visionary leadership to give those asleep at the switch a roadmap out of this dark economic abyss. I also believe economic developers have a difficult task of having to live in two worlds. On one hand they are expected to behave and use protocols of a private sector enterprise but on the other hand the CAVE (Citizens Against Virtually Everything) folks expect them to be the daily yellow tabloid telling all they know about each client as soon as they glean any information. Of course this we know leads to a road of rejection as private sector clients refuse to be subjected to crazies in the public realm until they understand what the economic benefit is for doing so. Brand values are too important to private companies to step out prematurely and get tarnished by a low acumen and aggressive NIMBY (Not In My Back Yard) crowd. None the less, economic developers must develop methods to keep this negotiation on pace and moving towards eventual agreement and then of course some level of public exposure. Not a simple job. So the average economic developer has to have a sharp legal mind, a sharp business and especially financial mind and a great set of communications skills in their possession. Sounds like a pretty talented individual. Well in the past two decades we have seen the quality of these folks diminish as more and more take flight from the quasi-public sector to the private sector. Two major reasons I believe, make this the reality, better pay and more appreciation from their constituents with huge amounts of lower stress from not dealing with the crazies at public hearings. Here is my tongue in cheek prediction, for every public hearing you avoid in your life you are adding 2 months to your life. I can’t prove that of course.......

and eventually it will greatly diminish the confidence people may have once had in the profession and practice of economic development.
    What a load. Where are the wader boots? The CAVE people as he calls us simply expect him to substantiate the claims he has made. He has been unwilling to enumerate and provide detail on the 100s of projects worth billions of dollars that created 50,000 jobs. The few things he has finally named after the tremendous pressure to do so don't come close to satisfying his lofty claims. Discovery will further clarify these vital matters. After much more investigation and numerous phone calls, I can see why he has been reluctant to discuss this.

"Crazies at public hearings," he says. That translates into his total disregard for taxpayers concerns about where tax dollars are being spent. They should be upset about the Holbrook world tours and extravagant meals and accommodations on their dime!!!!!

Holbrook thinks the it is the bad economy. The it is developers like him that threaten lawsuits against folks expressing their thoughts on matters of public concern, mislead the taxpayers and those in control of their tax dollars and then actually sue the newspapers and taxpayers that present facts and their opinions about matters of vital public concern. Holbrook is single-highhandedly diminishing the confidence in the economic development community. Shockingly, the IEDC does not seem to be willing to discipline this rogue member.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by economic developer
    huge amounts of lower stress from not dealing with the crazies at public hearings.
    Can't someone find the guy a place he can go and declare himself supreme ruler or King or feudal lord ???

It must be s-o-o-o-o tiring for His Majesty to have to deal with the plebs who pay his wages.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Cave was invented by a former town member in 2009/2010. This individual is a moron and a very unpleasant person I had to serve with. If he thinks there are crazies at the Town Board Meetings, he missed a good onw on Tuesday, June 12, 2012 when the local Nye County Republican Central Committee tried to make citizens arrests on the town board. It can be viewed @ nye county website. I started to check out his 2010 speaking engagements. Can not locate his name any where on the agendas. I sent emails to the current directors to see if they are really true entries on his website under About Me.

I will never be silent, threaten, or abused by anyone of this low class human being. Frank J Maurizio, US Army Rtd.; Law Enforcement, Rtd.; Former Pahrump Town Board member.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Holbrook is beyond unbelievable. He bragged about the Bass Pro Shop in Livingston Parish Louisiana in his book. As I noted, the project was well underway when he showed up in town and went to completion without him as well. He had only a very minor role in that deal. I wonder if Holbrook knows that even my little suburb of Dallas, Texas, a town named Garland, has a Bass Pro Shop. Our city council pulled it off without Holbrook.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I can think of one place he could have applied for a very well-paying job , littleroundman, where his skills would fit in perfectly. Unfortunately he would have to fight a man named Raul for it, seeing as though his brother Fidel already handed him the job. Sorry, you were too late for that one , Don.

14. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So now Holbrook has changed his mind and gone from being a private citizen to a public figure<(go). If this man is on some kind of medication for a multiple personality disorder, those meds need to be adjusted. I can invision him a this very moment in the bowels of his winery, rolling over after the 2nd barrel, thinking,"which way do I roll , George, which way do I roll?", before typing the next 10 pages of brain farts on economic development using the private sectors money........ Hey Don , why don't you figure out a way to stop the bottom line of American Corporations and their stockholders, greed and profit. If this can be accomplished, millions and millions of the jobs Americans once held for a few more dollars an hour would be shipped back over here thereby resulting in a reversal of our economic climate. Then more money could be spent in our wonderful theme park named EarthQuest,..........oh, wait, we're still waiting on that one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

#639 Mister X

• 760 posts

Posted Today at 11:08AM
    The people getting sued can thank themselves. I think it's funny that with all the past talk about litigation, reports to the attorney general, possible investigations and all that other b.s. regarding the activities of the developers of EarthQuest, that those irresponsible bloggers get to go to court and explain their internet activities to a judge. I'm sure the judge will certainly understand that Frank McCrady forced soapmom to spend HOURS and HOURS a day stalking Don Holbrook on dozens of web forums for months on end. Bizarre? I'll say.

But whatever, I'm just glad to hear that EarthQuest still has a chance to be built.
    Edited by Mister X, Today at 11:17AM.

Where do these people come up with this stuff. Holbrook has the burden of proof. He will have to substantiate that there are false statements of fact and proof of this alleged conspiracy theory. He will also have to substantiate his allegations of cyber-stalking and cyber-harassment. This gets more bizarre by the minute!

Not to mention folks think with all this controversy that investors will want to get involved.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

So now Holbrook has changed his mind and gone from being a private citizen to a public figure<(go). If this man is on some kind of medication for a multiple personality disorder, those meds need to be adjusted. I can invision him a this very moment in the bowels of his winery, rolling over after the 2nd barrel, thinking,"which way do I roll , George, which way do I roll?", before typing the next 10 pages of brain farts on economic development using the private sectors money........ Hey Don , why don't you figure out a way to stop the bottom line of American Corporations and their stockholders, greed and profit. If this can be accomplished, millions and millions of the jobs Americans once held for a few more dollars an hour would be shipped back over here thereby resulting in a reversal of our economic climate. Then more money could be spent in our wonderful theme park named EarthQuest,..........oh, wait, we're still waiting on that one.
    Maybe he meant 'pirate citizen'.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGG

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Holbrook has started a new blog. Anything to fill up the pages of Google, right?

.....you can hire a performance based consultant that only gets paid when they succeed. I am the latter. I only eat and feed my family and pay my bills if I am able to help you attain your business goals as we set them out in our agreement. This starts with a 15-30 minute interview, where I can decide whether or not I believe I can actually be of assistance to you. In a performance based model there is no sense in either one of us getting involved if it will not in my estimation lead to your successful funding and other needs.......
    Does that mean he is going to refund places he has already consulted with that have failed projects or are unhappy with his work??? What about folks that believed the Earthquest groundbreaking dates and have lost businesses??? Are we about to see a whole new side of Holbrook?

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

About Don A. Holbrook, CEDFP

Don Allen Holbrook is a professional economic developer with over 20 years of business assistance enabling him to determine the best course of action a business owner or corporation might want to use in order to raise additional capital, leverage public sector investments in their business such as tax increment financing, tax abatements, tax rebates, workforce credits, facility, equipment and inventory low costs loans, relocation assistance and public sector site location incentives to lower the front end business costs to businesses and lower their over-all operating costs. He is heavily involved in the preparation of what he calls an Investor Funding Package that allows businesses to access the most affordable capital funding strategies. He is such a strong advocate for this 3 step approach to funding that he works on a performance basis for those clients he accepts. If he does not succeed then you have very little at risk. Your success determines his success. Don is a Certified Economic Development Finance Professional.
    Why isn't Earthquest funded? What happened to those 100s of successful projects worth billions of dollars that created 50,000 jobs????

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I bet Holbrook would kill to make these posts from HAIF disappear:
    Earth Quest Adventure

Posted by Boris on Friday, November 3, 2006 at 3:52 PM in The Woodlands and Northern Pines
    Dinosaur City seeks '08 opening in Montgomery County

By BRAD HEM
    Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

TOOLS
    Email Get section feed
    Print Subscribe NOW

RESOURCES
    More on the theme park
    Location of Dinosaur City East Montgomery County could become home to a dinosaur theme park complete with dinosaur skeletons, animals and mock fossil digs, park developers announced Thursday.

The park, which also would include an IMAX theater, water park, conference center and hotel, is expected to provide up to 1,000 jobs and could draw more than a million visitors a year, said Frank McCrady, president and CEO of the improvement district.

A destination tourist attraction would also draw restaurants, retail and hotels to the area, providing tax revenue and making the district's investment worthwhile, he said.

"It's going to be a tremendous amenity for our area and for the city of Houston," McCrady said. "It's a win for our entire area."

The park's creator is "Dino" Don Lessem, author of 47 books and an adviser to the movie Jurassic Park and Walt Disney Co.'s Animal Kingdom.

Dinosaur City would be like a mini-Epcot Center, "not an amusement park but an experience park," said Don Holbrook, the park's site selection director for the developers.

Kids would be able to excavate dinosaur bones from mock dig sites. Various birds, emus, alligators and other animals would be on display. And wooded walking trails will feature dinosaur replicas, Lessem said.

http://www.chron.com...ss/4307187.html

I hope this plan goes through.
    Earth Quest Adventure

Posted by KimberlySayWhat on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 8:40 AM in The Woodlands and Northern Pines
    Earth Quest Adventures is mentioned breifly in this Chronicle article about the development in Montgomery County. I was beginning to the project was dead.

Bulldozers are clearing land at nearly every intersection along U.S. 59, making room for new shopping centers and restaurants.

New hotels and motels are in the works, spurred by the dinosaur project. Five are slated to begin construction this spring, McCrady said.

The dinosaur park/theme resort and a dinosaur institute are projected to bring 1,000 new jobs to the area and more than 1 million visitors each year, he said. The park site is on the west side of U.S. 59, just north of FM 1485.

East county beat out 72 other sites across the country, said Don Holbrook, site adviser for the park.

The earth-friendly park will be designed by Don Lessum, paleontologist, author and adviser on the blockbuster movie Jurassic Park. It will offer education through entertainment and will include dinosaur exhibits, an IMAX theater, an aquarium and a hotel. The institute will be a separate research and educational facility. Construction on the park is slated to begin late this year, Holbrook said.
    Earth Quest Adventure

Posted by txtiger on Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 10:25 AM in The Woodlands and Northern Pines

Here's my general summary of what was discussed, what went down at the 6/2 Fundraiser:

(This is a post I've revised from my original post on www.sixflagshouston.com, and I will also post this on www.houstondinopark.com )

There was about an hour of socializing/networking from 6pm-7pm, then about an hour's worth of presentations. Don Lessem spoke first, and introduced Dr. Matt Gardner (of EarthQuest Institute). Dr. Gardner then relayed to Chris Brown (of Contour Entertainment). Dr. Gardner then spoke in greater depth on EarthQuest Institute and its initiatives (the reason for the event, of course) once Chris was finished with his presentation on the theme park. Don Holbrook, Marlin Atlantis' (the developer's) representative on this project, then spoke and gave the great and reasonable pitch which solicited donations. Everyone made themselves available for questions after the presentation was over.

No new information was presented on the EarthQuest Adventures theme park - nothing that wasn't covered at last December's fundraising event, and nothing that's not currently reviewed on the EarthQuest Adventures website. A few new renderings for the 'Land' and 'Sky' areas of the park were on display, but general conceptual design remains the same as what we've all seen. All other renderings on display were those already available on the EQ website.

The EarthQuest Institute, as a complete endeavour, is extremely ambitious and exciting, and a few new outreach programs/efforts were reviewed last night:

Mobile EarthQuest: A sharply-outfitted minivan (or even fleet of minivans) with professional staff which can bring the EarthQuest Institute experience to public parks (Discovery Green, maybe), public schools, the rodeo, sports events, etc. This will be primarily an educational experience, but will serve nicely as a marketing tool for "EarthQuest the destination."

MyVision: An educational program geared toward younger school children, which allows them to learn about video camera operation. This program will essentially help them create their own video diaries. "How they see the world...," etc. This effort is apparently being created in conjunction with some Hollywood professionals, and YouTube may play some voluntary or involuntary role in the posting of kids' video diaries...

Other programs or engagements have also begun being discussed, like engaging local colleges and universities in developing and even publically-presenting Green-Business strategies... Anyway... interesting stuff.

Regarding personal conversations I had with Chris Brown (again, of Contour Entertainment) - One item on which I'm pleased to report is that original music will be commissioned for the EarthQuest Resort, likely by industry-known composers with whom Chris certainly has long-established relationships. Very great to hear.

(Chris, if you're reading this, thanks very much for putting up with me - You'll see me at most, if not all of the EQI Fundraising events... While I absolutely am interested in questions like 'What kinds of roller coasters will be built?,' I'm dead-serious about the success of all the components of this project, and hope to not come across too nutty. Heh, heh... And hey, I've put money where my mouth is.)

Frank McCrady and Don Holbrook spoke with me briefly, and they have great expecations for other development there in East Montgomery County - for which EarthQuest will be the catalyst.

Don Holbrook stated to all the attendees yesterday evening that "We're at the 1-yard line with selecting an investor." Full ground breaking is expected by the end of this year at the latest.
    Putting 2 and 2 together, I'd speculate a Holiday Season 2013 grand opening of Phase I.

That's all I have to report. I'd encourage all of you to attend future fundraisers to support the Institute and its efforts, or contact EMCID directly to find out more about the various donation levels to become a "Friend of the Institute." You have the option to donate money over annual installments, of which I personally have taken advantage.
    Earth Quest Adventure

Posted by txtiger on Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 12:07 PM in The Woodlands and Northern Pines
    Coaster, on Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 11:16 AM, said:
    Great Report Tiger.

As far-fetched as the thought of the Houston area becoming a true national tourist destination sounds, something like EarthQuest could really make it happen.

Sure thing, Coaster.

A few more notes: Don Holbrook did mention EarthQuest Resort is intended to "compete directly with 'the mouse,'" from both coasts, and the expectation is that EarthQuest will draw people from the center third of the country. So it's literally expected to grow to be the Disneyland-style resort for the center of the country.

From discussions I had with Chris Brown, or overheard from him yesterday evening, a LOT of the components seem to have Phases now, which will only help Phase I get built:
    The Hotel has two: The first is the tower/main building/conference center (so nicely rendered on the EarthQuest website). The second Phase seems to include 30 high-end cabins out in the woods near the hotel, as well as something like 20 highest-end treehouse "villas."

Cretaceous Cove water park has apparently been scaled down for Phase I, and will grow in future phases.

EarthQuest Institute seems like it may use two or three Phases to achieve final build-out.

The only Phasing for the theme park ever noted thus far seems to be the live-animal component of the 'Life' section of the park. I didn't note earlier that the Design Team has met with the Houston Zoo, and both the Houston Zoo and EarthQuest will have some form of partnership, which is just great! (I'd expressed concern earlier to the Design Team that the live-animal component of the 'Life' section of the theme park might draw everyone away from visiting the Houston Zoo. So I'm pleased to report that's not going to be the case, or the intent.)

Green Gadget Garage seems like it would all likely be completed as part of Phase I.
    Holbrook was putting out phony groundbreaking and completion dates for years. Plugging for the Insitute turned out to be a plug to handsomely line Holbrook's pocket while no charitable activities were accomplished. If I am recalling correctly, two of those hotels were built and at least one if not both went bust thanks to Holbrook and McCrady making promises that could not he kept. Think how long Holbrook has been on this gravy train to nowhere.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Seeing as though Holbrook and Co. decided to pitch their tents and camp out at the 1-yard line for over 2 yrs. now ,waiting for an investor, could someone remind them to take out the garbage, it's really starting to stink around here..........signed....a concerned Caney Creek area resident.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Seeing as though Holbrook and Co. decided to pitch their tents and camp out at the 1-yard line for over 2 yrs. now ,waiting for an investor, could someone remind them to take out the garbage, it's really starting to stink around here..........signed....a concerned Caney Creek area resident.
    Here is Dinosaur City before Holbrook blew it up into Dreamquest and started milking it for all it was worth:

Dinosaur City plans to roar into Texas in 2008 - USATODAY.com

Note Judge Sadler gave a positive review in the AP article. Quite different than the take he has on the Holbrook version of this dino disaster:

Earthquest: Sinkhole for residents

Sadler is cautioning McCrady about his role in continuing to fire the hopes of East County residents and business owners over the promise of EarthQuest. “Having been a department head of real estate at a major Houston bank for 12 years, I have always been supportive of this project, yet skeptical of its viability for a number of reasons,” Sadler wrote in a letter Wednesday to McCrady.

“There has never been a lender, bank, investment banker or the like who has stepped up to the plate to fund this project. To the best of my knowledge, there has never been an individual or corporation with the ‘credit’ or financial statement to make a project of this scope and size become a reality.

“In short, the entirety of this project has been nothing but photos, renderings and dreams funded with taxpayer dollars.”

Sadler concludes his letter by advising McCrady “that I would not continue advocating this project or addressing the media that ‘this project will happen’ unless and until the above two questions can be answered with clarity and with certain assurances.”

EarthQuest is “busted,” Sadler said. “I’ve been following this for five years; I could have written this a year ago. Hell, enough is enough. It’s unbelievable.”

Sadler said he also has advised McCrady to quit spending money on EarthQuest until an investment banker steps forward.
    He also has sent some information regarding EarthQuest to the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office, he said.

“Anytime something is brought to the attention of the Texas Rangers or the Public Integrity Division of the District Attorney’s Office, this office has a duty to investigate,” District Attorney Brett Ligon said about EarthQuest and EMCID’s involvement. “We have been receiving information from not only the county judge but other members of the community regarding what they believe is conduct considered to be questionable.”

Sadler has not personally given any money to EarthQuest, and said the county has only “informally” supported the project.
    But in 2009, county commissioners agreed to consider a tax abatement for EarthQuest, The Courier previously reported.

The EarthQuest Institute is meant to be a “leading edge” learning center “focused on how we can live and prosper in a responsible, efficient and environmentally balanced manner,” according to the EarthQuest Institute website.

The website also states that it is located at the same address as the EMCID offices on U.S. 59. Leon Cubillas, who serves as EMCID board president, also is board president for the EarthQuest Institute.
    Sadler believes that to be a “huge” conflict of interest, but McCrady disagrees.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Introduction

I am a professional economic developer that is trained in economics and urban planning. I am the author of two current books and have two new books coming out in the next 24 months. I am an international public speaker and thought leader on how to transform local economies to be world class and globally competitive. My best selling book, "The Little Black Book of Economic Development" is the #1 best selling book within the field of economic development world wide.

Occupation

Economist, Author, Public Speaker

Employment

• The Vercitas Group
      Economist, Author, Public Speaker, present

Education

• Wright State University
    • University of Phoenix
    • Vandalia Butler, HS
    • Dayton Christian HS
    Internationally known authors and speakers = private citizen?

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don Holbrook
    I am an international public speaker and thought leader
    Thought leader is business jargon for an entity that is recognized by peers for having innovative ideas. Thought leaders often publish articles and blog posts on trends and topics influencing an industry.
    REALLY, Donnie, REALLY ???

It's "legend in his own mind" time

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://www.realscam.com/f14/don-alle...e-member-1402/

I took the liberty of researching the Knights and looking at Don Holbrook's actions in relation to their precepts and principles.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dear Mr. X (LOL), Greetings from the great state of Texas. We agree 100% wholeheartedly, EarthQuest does have a chance. A snowballs chance in Vegas. By the way, hows the weather out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Professional Keynote Speaker

The greatest WordPress.com site in all the land!

Posted on June 30, 2012

Consider Hiring Don A. Holbrook for your Next Keynote Event

If you are hosting a major event where you want a dynamic speaker that can create motivation for your audience to act and support your cause or efforts, especially with regard to local, regional and even national economic development initiatives, then consider hiring one of the foremost experts in the field for your event. Nothing beats talent and experience, and as your keynote speaker you will see why my unique background, experience and speaking skills will leave your audience excited and engaged.... I also provide book signing opportunities for those in attendance and assist with getting book sponsors for the event if you need suggestions....You will find my fees are reasonable and fair and that I provide much greater engagement than standard non-practitioner based professional speakers. By hiring me, you get experience in both the practical art and clandestine science of local economics and professional entertainment speaking flair. I look forward to your inquiries.

About economicdeveloper

America's foremost site location & business incentive consultant using economic development public policy to attract investment into local economies. He is America's leading keynote speaker and author on economic development strategies that energize local & state economies to remain and regain a competitive business climate for the attraction of business investments in this post 2008 global economy.
    posted on June 30, 2012
    Oh, come on. Shouldn't Donny just give speeches about his numerous legal adventures and history of threatening taxpayers that speak on matters of public concern. I want to hear about the 1.29 million he stiffed the law firm, Nixon Peabody. How about that mysterious suit against Red Wing after he was fired for falsifying his resume? Or, what about his nasty departure from Wayne County and the ensuing online meltdown? And lest we forget all the taxpayers he has threatened in Texas and Nevada and actually sued as John and Jone Does.

Won't everyone be clamoring to get him at their next event. Maybe we could dress him up in a knight's outfit and he could do appearances at SCA functions, Medieval Times or the local haunted houses. Just think of the possibilities!

Saopboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!