Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1531

Thread: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

This has not been well-publicized. Here is the late notice:
    EMCID Board Meeting

Share:

Name: EMCID Board Meeting
    Date: December 13, 2012
    Time: 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM

Back to Calendar

21575 Hwy 59 N.
    New Caney, TX 77357
    Contact Information:
    281-354-4419

Chris Brown of Contour Entertainment and his financial person are expected. It is high time we get some real answers.
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

As of December 6th, Friendswood still owns the property. The repurchase option ends on December 15,2013. The price goes up incrementally every six months, so if Contour hasn't purchased the land yet they best hurry.

Friendswood Memorandum.pdf
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    This has not been well-publicized. Here is the late notice:
    EMCID Board Meeting

Share:

Name: EMCID Board Meeting
    Date: December 13, 2012
    Time: 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM

Back to Calendar

21575 Hwy 59 N.
    New Caney, TX 77357
    Contact Information:
    281-354-4419

Chris Brown of Contour Entertainment and his financial person are expected. It is high time we get some real answers.
    Some TRUTHFUL answers would be quite nice to hear also, seeing as though the taxpaying citizens of EMC haven't been beaten around a bush, they've been lashed to a tree and bull-whipped. Financial PERSON? I'm pretty positive they'd rather see Mr. Brown arrive with a limo full of INVESTORS. I'm also 100% certain they'd foot the bill FOR that limo ride seeing as though they've been the only investors on this project for the last 6 1/2 yrs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The meeting actually started at 5:30. Frank McCrady can't even see that a correct meeting notice is published. So, here is the story from The Tribune for those that want the details on what Chris Brown of Contour Entertainment presented:

Contour claims Earthquest project is still viable if funding is secured - Thursday, December 13, 2012 - Copyright 2007 Ourtribune.com

I have to question whether investors will agree to repay the taxpayers 8.6 million upfront. Nor are they likely to agree to Contour and / or Holbrook getting 1-3% of the funds raised (as was in the Pahrump contracts.) I would also think the $250,000.00 Holbrook was to get if the charity (Earthquest Institute) is constructed should be axed. Since when does a charity slip an officer a quarter of a million dollars? How pray tell does that serve a charitable function for a charity that has been basically bankrupt from day one to pay that guy an exorbitant and I think undeserved salary?

If they should raise $250,000,000.00 that is a drop in the bucket. The park was estimated to cost $600,000,000.00 years ago and in comparison to other large theme parks that is a very low figure. These investors better really check this out carefully.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The meeting actually started at 5:30. Frank McCrady can't even see that a correct meeting notice is published. So, here is the story from The Tribune for those that want the details on what Chris Brown of Contour Entertainment presented:

Contour claims Earthquest project is still viable if funding is secured - Thursday, December 13, 2012 - Copyright 2007 Ourtribune.com

I have to question whether investors will agree to repay the taxpayers 8.6 million upfront. Nor are they likely to agree to Contour and / or Holbrook getting 1-3% of the funds raised (as was in the Pahrump contracts.) I would also think the $250,000.00 Holbrook was to get if the charity (Earthquest Institute) is constructed should be axed. Since when does a charity slip an officer a quarter of a million dollars? How pray tell does that serve a charitable function for a charity that has been basically bankrupt from day one to pay that guy an exorbitant and I think undeserved salary?

If they should raise $250,000,000.00 that is a drop in the bucket. The park was estimated to cost $600,000,000.00 years ago and in comparison to other large theme parks that is a very low figure. These investors better really check this out carefully.
    I find it very interesting Chris Brown is'nt "naming any names" of investors. Sounds to me like another truckload of dung has been dumped on the unsuspecting citizens of EMC. It's also very interesting why the meeting started at 5:30. Could it be the parties involved needed a little time to get their 'story' straight for the media and taxpaying citizens of EMC who chose to attend?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...73upNxxghXScRQ

The study (for Earthquest) cost $500,000 and was conducted
    by the Baker Leisure Group (BLG) of Orlando, Florida, a firm with long experience in the themed-attractions industry.

As I noted earlier Baker Leisure group is tangled up in the Hard Rock Park disaster:
    Freestyle Music Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And, Baker was instrumental in organizing the horrifically money wasting world tour Holbrook, McCrady and friends embarked on:

EMCID entourage racks up expenses at resorts, restaurants, theme parks - Monday, April 02, 2012 - Copyright 2007 Ourtribune.com

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The feasibility study for the Hard Rock Park could have been used as toilet paper:

A feasibility study showed that developers predicted 3 million visitors a year in the park's first year, with growth of nine percent the second year and decreasing growth rates after that.[7].....

The grand opening celebration as Hard Rock Park on June 2, 2008, featured a concert by The Eagles and The Moody Blues. The park opened to "awesome" reviews. Times of London writer Chris Haslam concluded that America’s newest theme park brought the genre "from the preschool plastic of Disney to a new age of insubordinate adolescence through a combination of nerdy attention to detail, startling irreverence and sly wit."[8] Beth J. Harpaz, Associated Press travel editor, declared Nights in White Satin: The Trip as one of her all-time favorite rides from any park, right up there with Disney's popular Soarin' Over California ride.[9].......

Hard Rock Park then announced that they were ending the 2008 season over a month early, laying off most of the employees, and had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. At the time of the filing, the park expressed hopes of reopening in 2009;[18] the following month the company announced plans to sell the park. In January 2009, the company converted to Chapter 7.[19.....

New Owners

FPI MB Entertainment LLC was a joint venture of FPI US LLC, a company incorporated in Delaware, and MB Entertainment.[24] The partners included Roundbox Advisors, Freestyle Park International, Baker Leisure Group, and two of the park's original owners — Thomas M. Hiles and D. Tim Duncan. Baker Leisure Group managed the day-to-day park operations.[20]

On August 9, 2010, foreclosure proceedings were filed against Freestyle Music Park.[40]
    2009 Freestyle Operating Season

The park reopened on May 23, 2009,

Filled with Myrtle Beach Attractions, Live Shows, and rides, Hard Rock Park a $400 million dollar investment and the largest tourism investment in the history of South Carolina.
    The park met with difficult problems it could not overcome and closed.
    freestylemusicpark.com

A huge $400,000,000.00 investment opened and closed in record time. Theme parks are an extremely risky venture and Frank McCrady should have been much more cautious in approaching this Earthquest idea!!!!!

The link for this is broken, but another forum published this in its entirety:
    Thursday, Jan. 08, 2009
    Fiasco Prevention
    Hard Rock Park failure imparts a painful lesson

When risky enterprises turn out well, investors count their profits while marveling at the mental acuity of the folks who enticed them into plunking down their money. When risky enterprises collapse into bankruptcy, creditors tally their losses while wishing they had put their money into safer investments. That's the nature of capitalism - private transactions in which the public has no interest, right?

Wrong. The Hard Rock Park, putatively South Carolina's largest-ever tourism investment, may have left unsecured investors with nothing and the folks who conceived it with egg on their faces. (What were they thinking building a high-entry-cost amusement park based on boomer music associated with illicit drug use?)

But the theme park's collapse has left the Grand Strand, the finest large-scale seaside resort on the East Coast, with a black eye and a 55-acre hulk whose chances of salvage seem nonexistent. Unless some capable company swoops in to repurpose the facility as a garden-variety theme park, our communities will be left with an enduring monument to insufficiently skeptical public-side development planning and approval.

Horry County Council members, who prescreened and ultimately approved the project, first proposed in 2002, weren't the only ones who thought it "cool" that a development group saw Myrtle Beach as the ideal location for a theme park devoted more to boomer memories than to thrill rides for parkgoers. They weren't the only ones who assumed that the park would succeed because the developers seemed to know what they were doing. They weren't the only ones who fell prey to the developers' unreasonable desire to reveal as little as possible about their plans for fear that local tourism giants would try to quash their project. Lots of local leaders found the tourism-mission-expansion possibilities that the park presented to be intriguing.

Moreover, council members wisely rejected the initial investors' request a few years later to put public tax dollars into the project. That refusal is the only bright spot in this fiasco - that no local public money went down the rathole along with the $400 million allegedly invested in the park.

But if anyone along the tortuous approval path for the project had the clout to say "whoa, this project doesn't seem economically feasible and sounds weird," it was Horry County Council members. What gave them the right to say that, considering that the park was built on private land with private money? The possibility - now unfortunately realized - that the project would fail, leaving the public with a massive eyesore with potential to create public-safety problems.

In this instance, such council intervention on behalf of the public would have been reasonable and prudent. When a failed project in question is a housing development or condo tower, it's all but certain that some developer will step in to complete it. But when the failure is an anomalous project stemming from a development group's fantasy, the host community gets stuck with a white elephant with low to nonexistent takeover potential.

The purpose here is not to castigate the County Council for saying yes to the project. That would be a cheap shot grounded in perfect 20/20 hindsight.

But the council should work up a more refined philosophy for handling anomalous development proposals - one that gives a project proposal's long-term feasibility greater weight in the ultimate yes-or-no decision. No one can forestall the defunct Hard Rock Park's negative public impacts, but the council can and should prevent such a fiasco from happening again.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If that is all Hard Rock Park could build with $400,000,000.00 imagine how little $250,000,000.00 would build. If this completely imploded what chance does a green tech park have???

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

More failed theme parks: A theme park consultant claims bankruptcies

Bankrupt Berlin Amusement Park « Ode To Capitalism

http://standardspeaker.com/news/desp...-1.1394458Bill
    Bill Haralson of Alto, N.M., a consultant to theme parks and other gated attractions, said neither a bankruptcy nor a fractured partnership are unusual in the world of theme parks. A bankruptcy rarely has any effect on ongoing operations, he said...... "The bankruptcy keeps the wolf at the door, stops creditors from taking the furniture, while the park has a chance to catch (its) breath and reorganize," he said.
    So, theme parks are very risky investments and bankruptcy allows them to reorganize thus investors, banks and other creditors get burned.

Jamal Lewis bankruptcy filing shows millions in debts - Page 2 - Baltimore Sun
    Lewis also invested in theme parks and resort projects.

He and Brownlee Reagan, who owns a number of hotels in the Smoky Mountains town of Gatlinburg, Tenn., bought the Fort Rapids waterpark and hotel complex in Columbus, Ohio, in 2010, for $6 million. It was a bargain, considering that the previous owner bought its hotel in 2004 for $6.6 million and spent $39 million adding the water park and villa suites, according to the Columbus Dispatch, before the property went into foreclosure in 2008.

Reagan was not available for comment, but the head of his management company said the resort was still suffering from the effects of the economic downturn. "It's not in the black," David Perella said.
    The waterpark is listed as security for loans Lewis took out, including one made for $3 million from Transportation Alliance Bank and defaulted on, according to a breach of contract suit filed in federal court in Atlanta two months ago.

The suit, along with others with similar claims, is on hold pending the outcome of Lewis' bankruptcy filing.
    The largest claim against Lewis stems from an investment in a planned $675 million amusement park, residential and retail complex in Lithonia, Ga. Called the Grand Empire Palace and Resort, plans called for a 6,500-seat performing arts center, two full-service hotels, a restaurant and club district, and retail and luxury condos, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

But the troubled project stalled several years ago for lack of financing, and Lewis' development firm owes about $25 million on a loan, court records show. Lewis personally guaranteed the loan and lost a judgment worth $25 million to Stillwater Asset Backed Fund in a Georgia court. It was unclear why the large, secured debt did not drive up the total listed in bankruptcy court filings.

Now, after some preliminary clearing work, the site has remained untouched for so long that nature is reclaiming it.

"We're still right next door to all that dirt," said Linda McCullough, secretary of the First Baptist Church of Lithonia. "Nothing, just dirt and trees and weeds growing up again. Everything is getting so overgrown now. The pine trees are coming back."
    Business: Theme park files for bankruptcy

'New' Cypress Gardens to open amid recession | Tampa Bay business news blog: Venture | Tampa Bay Times
    Notice Cypress Gardens has gone under several times and had numerous changes of management including for a brief time before it transformed into Leogland, Baker Leisure Group (the ones who did the $500,000.00 Earthquest study and recommended the extensive multi-party world tour for Frank McCrady, Holbrook and friends.

Kennedy Funding affiliate files for bankruptcy - NorthJersey.com

AutoWorld - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bankrupt ‘Ghost Town’ Bought For $7.5 Million - Bankruptcy Beat - WSJ

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wichita theme park closing after 2 months | CJOnline.com

Wichita theme park closing after 2 months

Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007

By The Associated Press

WICHITA — Blaming the poor weather for attendance woes, Wild West World filed for bankruptcy just two months after the $30 million destination theme park opened in suburban Wichita.
    The theme park, which opened to the public in Park City on May 5, announced Monday it would close immediately and had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. The company said it was looking for a new buyer with "deeper pockets" to run the park.
    The bankruptcy leaves hundreds of unpaid creditors — including Park City, which is owed more than $2 million for industrial revenue bonds and other equipment — in a lurch. The bankruptcy filing lists millions more owed to banks, ride manufacturers, vendors and season ticket holders.
    Chief executive officer Thomas Etheredge once estimated the destination theme park, just off Interstate 135 in Park City, would draw a half million visitors. The mock frontier town attraction offered 24 rides on 40 acres.
    According to the bankruptcy filing, the park owes $14.96 million to secured creditors for property, equipment and vehicles; $801,000 in unpaid federal, state and local taxes; and $8.16 million to other unsecured creditors.
    According to the filing, the biggest creditors include First National Bank of Southern Kansas, which is owed $6.19 million; Etheredge and his wife, who are owed $3.8 million; and Citizens Bank of Wichita, which is owed $1.8 million.
    The company blamed the weather for its financial problems. It noted that since the park opened to the public, about 50 of the first 60 days had poor weather, including rain and tornadoes. The company pointed specifically to a tornado that destroyed more than 90 percent of the south-central Kansas town of Greensburg, as well as to flooding around the state.
    "On grand-opening day, the community wasn't in a theme park mood. The entire state was in shock as a result of the catastrophic Greensburg tornado the night before that wiped a nearby community literally off the map," Etheredge said in a written statement. "And as we all know, the rain continued in May and June."
    "We built the park as we said, but the weather and lack of cash flow have made it impossible for us to keep it open," he said. "It pains us to reach this point, but we have to close the park and find a buyer who can reopen and run it. We hate to do it, but we don't see any other alternative.".......
    Founder of theme park convicted of fraud / LJWorld.com
    Founder of theme park convicted of fraud

By Associated Press
    February 11, 2010

Wichita — The founder of the bankrupt Wild West World theme park near Wichita has been convicted on seven counts of securities fraud.
    Thomas Etheredge was acquitted Wednesday of two other counts of fraud by a Sedgwick County District Court jury that deliberated for two days.
    Sentencing is set for March 12.
    The charges stemmed from Etheredge’s efforts to raise capital for the theme park between 2005 and 2007. Wild West World was open for two months before going bankrupt in July 2007.
    Prosecutors said Etheredge persuaded investors to give him $735,000 for the park by providing false or incomplete information about his past.
    Etheredge has said he budgeted correctly for the $24 million project but that poor weather and construction cost overruns led to the park’s demise.
    We have all seen the newspaper articles and court documents related to Don Allen Holbrook and Marlin Atlantis over the years. That should be a sobering thought when considering Earthquest's future.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

MuniLand
    » Analysis & Opinion Home
    Follow MuniLand

The shining Fourth Estate and the theme park

By Cate Long
    May 2, 2012

• Email
    • Print

Texas
    Cynthia Calvert, the editor of The Tribune of Humble, Texas, is restoring community journalism to its rightful place in the Fourth Estate. She has written a series of articles challenging the actions of the East Montgomery County Improvement District (EMCID), which funded a now-bankrupt theme park called EarthQuest.
    Payments from a 2009 municipal bond offering, and possibly other East Montgomery County sales tax collections, have been paid to various “consultants” on the EarthQuest project, most of whom appear to have left. The land on which the project was to be built, the only asset other than the intellectual property, is being foreclosed upon by the local bank that lent the funds to purchase it. The 500-acre theme park was an enormous gamble for a county improvement district to support, and the district appears to have lost the bet and the taxpayers’ money.
    Calvert fires her most recent salvo in her article “EarthQuest 2009 bond sale: where did tax dollars go.” In the very best tradition of a journalist holding public officials’ feet to the fire, she wants to know exactly where the money from the bond offering went:
    The netherworld of EarthQuest is a complex financial maze that challenges even the most intrepid investigator. But The Tribune is dedicated to unwinding this tangled web called EarthQuest so that all taxpayers will know how their elected officials have spent their hard-earned tax dollars.
    This article will focus on one aspect of EarthQuest, the 2009 municipal bond sale. Specifically, how were the proceeds of that bond sale, totaling $7.635 million, disbursed, to whom and for what purposes. The bond proceeds were actually reimbursed to Global EarthQuest Ventures, LP, an entity of the Marlin-Atlantis Companies (the “Developer Group”). But The Tribune will spotlight those parties that ultimately received payment, thereby removing the ‘corporate veil’ of the Developer Group that would otherwise shroud the identities of the true recipients.
    I wish journalists from the mainstream media demonstrated the same amount of zeal in uncovering wrongdoing as Calvert does. The EarthQuest story, like most failed public efforts, is documented in the public record but requires a reporter to sift through a lot of documents to string together the story over a period of time.
    The EMCID, the subject of Calvert’s investigation, was created by the Texas Legislature in 1997 with the mission to “promote, develop, encourage and maintain employment, commerce, economic development and public welfare in the eastern area of Montgomery County, Texas.” The EMCID issued bonds to fund EarthQuest, which they described in the bond offering’s official statement (page 4):
    Proceeds of the Bonds will be used by the District to reimburse EarthQuest for certain pre-development costs incurred and associated with the proposed development of an approximately 500-acre EarthQuest Resort. EarthQuest Resort is planned as an immersive/interactive family destination resort that will include a theme park, water park and family entertainment center (including retail and hospitality), and a non-profit research institute, focused on the world from prehistoric times to the present with education and research on earth systems and sustainability. According to EarthQuest, the total costs for the project are currently anticipated to be approximately $600 million.
    Bond investors knew upfront that the bonds were issued to cover planning costs on a highly speculative development project. The bonds were not tax-exempt at the federal level but are insured by Assured Guaranty and backed by a substantial reserve fund. Bond investors also have the comfort of knowing that the bonds are being repaid with the collection of 3/4 of cent sales tax. They will suffer no losses.
    It’s the taxpayers of East Montgomery County who will eat the losses from this grandiose project. Calvert is doing the right thing in documenting and challenging the poor decisions made by the EMCID. According to a 2007 article in the Houston Business Journal, Calvert, who owns and edits The Tribune and several other publications, distributes the newspapers as free-circulation, advertising-supported broadsheets delivered to homes and displayed on racks. Local-area taxpayers are getting a free news source and, more important, the best of a free and informed press.
    I agree!! Kudos to our wonderful Cynthia Calvert!!!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

FridayDec 2012

That’s right if you’re reading this blog tonight you are living literally on the day that so many have noted that the Mayan’s predicted that the earth would end. It is the Winter Equinox December 21, 2012… so when the last day of time comes and goes, I predict December 22nd will welcome us when we wake up with yet another day here on the third rock from the sun. I might have a hangover from my end of the world party but I will still be functioning.

Now, there is something special I do believe that is afoot. I believe what the Mayan’s may have meant is that this is the beginning of a new phase of earth climatic shifts as we have had over the centuries past. Yes that is possible. If it is true we will adjust and adapt and still function.

Better yet, I choose to believe this is possibly the year that we begin to awaken and get fed up with our economic crap and horrible political leadership that has taken us nowhere. People are fed up not having job security, a dignified livelihood that allows them to fully enjoy their lives any longer. They are fed up with too little health care coverage or none at all. I believe people are fed up mortgaging their homes and lives and being indebted for decades to pay for their children to get a great education and go to college. We want sanity back in our lives.

No, we are not becoming liberals or socialists. We want capitalism to be given the proper ability to unleash true market potential with parameters set that allow and establish meaningful reform for the things that matter to most of us.

We want to manage and fund our own retirement, healthcare, disability and unemployment insurance and pension funds. We have seen how badly the government has performed and it is time to sunset that Ponzi scheme and let us prepare for our own brighter futures. Yes, Uncle Sam we are capable of managing our own economic affairs far better than you have demonstrated you can do for us… so move aside and get with the future of self-directed citizen based workforce rights.

Mortgage reform and lending linked to the actual values of our homes and no more mortgaged for life scenarios and inability to force structured write downs on first and second mortgages if we are forced into bankruptcy. If we need to do a work out don’t force us to move out so someone else gets the deal on our foreclosed house, let us refinance it for what it is worth today and make the banks take the hit. That was what the TARP funds were for not buying other banks and giving lavish bonuses.

We want the credit markets to open back up for small businesses so they can once again find capital to fuel the growth and create the jobs that our citizens need so badly.

We are tired of the banks and corporate America running everything to their own favor at the taxpayers expense. We want our voice to count and be what politicians cater to not their corporate sponsors with their PAC monies.

We want our kids to go to safe schools and to not be forced to send our kids to private schools to get exceptional quality educations. We want college and university’s to not require that we as parents go broke trying to help our kids stay out of the poor house with excessive students loans.

We want energy reform so that our energy costs are not such a huge and ever increasing part of our budget. Allow us to invest in our own energy efficiency and deduct it fully from our federal tax bill. Energy efficiency could do more than anything to reduce our dependence on foreign oil.

Speaking of taxes, we want true tax reform. We are tired of paying far too much and getting far too little for it. Big government is not the answer to all our problems. We want everyone to have the opportunity for success if they put forth the initiative to seek that economic gain. We do not believe those that work their butts off should have to supplement those that do less or did not take the same risks or work as hard and/or smart with their own lives. We want all to pay their equal fair share of taxes across the board, with no exceptions.

Perhaps the Mayans knew that we would at this point get fed up being so out of touch with our own goals and dreams and also having elected leaders just continue to fail and lie to us, so that we will finally have a true change of consciousness.

So this Christmas let’s all pray that we begin to take our country to the next level and get our lives, and our nation back on track just as the Mayan’s predicted we would do so long ago. The eagle shall rise up and once again soar towards the sun and see beyond the horizon of those below her.

Until the next calamity… I wish you peace, progress, prosperity and renewed focus on our mutual desires of a better and more equitable America. God Bless America, we survived yet another tragedy and we will always rise to the occasion.

Would somebody tell me who writes this bile for the Sir Gasbag of the Century. He is forever speechless for words. Or does he have a staff writer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The entertainment continues:
    Your post: Dec 19, 2012 7:02:03 AM PST

Soapboxmom says:
    Holbrook has started another Kickstarter project. He is once again scrounging for money using the Knights Templar name when they are not affiliated with his nonsense. I recommend folks do go to the History Channel. Why on earth would anyone give Holbrook a dime?

Holbrook's legal antics have blown up in his face and he was forced to dismiss several defendants in his latest legal adventure and the judge granted the Motions to dismiss for the rest of us in Ohio. So, yes, what goes around comes around. Holbrook chose to file a totally frivolous lawsuit and now he is getting the attention he deserves. Numerous media outlets and bloggers are researching him and following his every move. His economic development career is at a standstill and he is now hawking timeshares. That job has the prestige equivalent to that of used pinto salesman!

Edit this post | Permalink

1 new post since your last visit
    Posted on Dec 19, 2012 7:17:01 AM PST
    Don Allen Holbrook says:
    When is Amazon going to figure out you're a cyber stalker and mentally unstable crack pot who has nothing better to do than bother people she doesn't know and has nothing to do with. This site is for serious book reviews not your defamatory platform to harass the author. Get a real life. You haven't even purchased my books or much less read them. So shut your enlarged pie hole. Your ego and lack of a life are nothing short of mental instability signs. You obviously must have serious issues seeking attention in such a negative manner. If you weren't so hurtful and hateful people might feel sad for you. Now they just wish a timely tornado would just blow you and your trailer away like a modern Wizard of Oz sequel.
    Reply to this post
    Who is they, Holbrook? Your books aren't selling worth beans as we know from your bankruptcy. It is also obvious from that bankruptcy that your career as an economic developer is a thing of the past. Have fun pimping those ridiculous timeshares....well, for as long as that lasts!!!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disreputable Donny
    So shut your enlarged pie hole.
    Hmmn,

"shut your enlarged pie hole"

How are those Classical English language lessons going, Donny ??

One wonders if Shakespeare is the source of your request or you found your inspiration in a gutter somewhere
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    Hmmn,

"shut your enlarged pie hole"

How are those Classical English language lessons going, Donny ??

One wonders if Shakespeare is the source of your request or you found your inspiration in a gutter somewhere
    Methinks Sir Gassbag found said inspiration whilst working for FranktheBank and the former EMCID, littleroundman. That piehole he lovingly refers to is the enlarged orifice between his lips and gums he USED to shove the numerous pies offered up by his former employers courtesy of the EMC taxpayers in. Hope that fat pig enjoyed them while he could. I bet the bonus for hawking 50 red, white, and blue weeks isn't as tasty as the numerous dinners at Chez Nous and investigational tours to amusement parks throughout the world WERE. Those pies were so tasty he's trying to come back for more in the form of his bonuses for EarthQuest being built as evidenced by an anonymous poster using different names on the Dino Park Discussion and Forum over yonder trying once again to hype that white elephant. He can fool some people but he's not fooling this old dog. Calling out the taxpaying citizens of EMC who saw that disaster coming 6 yrs. ago as ignorant hillbilles is nothing but a slap in the face after the fact. Here's hoping you'll be dreaming of bonuses rotting in a federal prison cell after all the investigations are done, indictments are handed down, and a jury of tax-paying citizens who are sick and tired of people like you find you guilty of taking part in rape, the raping of tax dollars and the futures of EMC'S children.

16. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pantherdadX2
    Here's hoping you'll be dreaming of bonuses rotting in a federal prison cell after all the investigations are done,
    Personally, I'd settle for Mr Holbrook remaining the subject of the scorn, derision and general "unemployability" he is currently, for as long as it takes for him to perform a full "mea culpa" and apologizes to the taxpayers affected.

18. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

IN THE COMMON PLEAS COURT OF MONTGOMERY COUNTY, OHIO
    CITY OF HUBER HEIGHTS OHIO,
    Plaintiff,
    -vs-
    DON ALLEN HOLBROOK, L.L.C., et al.,
    Defendants.
    CASE NO. 2012 CV 02947
    JUDGE MICHAEL L. TUCKER
    FIAL PRETRIAL ORDER
    Pursuant to the pretrial scheduling conference held in this case, it is hereby ORDERED that the
    following deadline dates be established. Terms, conditions, and requirements regarding the established
    deadlines are set forth in Rule 2.01, Section V.D.2. of the Local Rules of Practice and Procedures for the
    General Division of the Montgomery County Common Pleas Court.
    DISCOVERY DEADLINES:
    ovember 08, 2012 PLAINTIFF(S)
    DISCLOSURE OF EXPERTS’ (PDE)
    December 24, 2012 DEFENDANT(S)
    DISCLOSURE OF EXPERTS (DDE)
    The suspense is killing me. What Economic Developer would be foolish enough to agree to testify on behalf of Don "The Litigious Goon" Holbrook???

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

The suspense is killing me. What Economic Developer would be foolish enough to agree to testify on behalf of Don "The Litigious Goon" Holbrook???
    lol. None. That's why the judge is setting deadlines. An 'enough stalling and get to it' order.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    Personally, I'd settle for Mr Holbrook remaining the subject of the scorn, derision and general "unemployability" he is currently, for as long as it takes for him to perform a full "mea culpa" and apologizes to the taxpayers affected.
    I hope someone wakes me up from my dirtnap when he does.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The unofficial list is in: From the Underground we have SueHeatherPaulDobrott, draino, ez123wealth, Joshua Drake, BankCashCow, and the newest Holbrook Fan Club member lutarian. And from the Houston Dino Park Discussion and Forum we have Art Attack, Is that what you sleep in?, and Me Again. It shouldn't be too hard for the judge to figure out which ones are Donnyboy's alter-egos, as we all know at least half of them are. The latest was'nt to hard to figure out as he used "mostly from clueless moms" in his latest rant on the Dino Forum. Dude sure loves you SBM.........NOOOOT

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

23.) What about the Negative Media posts we sometimes see regarding you?

As with most things in life, there are two sides to every story. The media in many cases especially mine have taken the path of guilty of something or creating controversy where really none exists. I would say the most devastating thing is these lies has been that they hurt my family, are often embarrassing but still remain untrue and simply made up sensationalized stories by malicious and uninformed reporters and in some cases crazy cyber stalkers with nothing better to do with their time.
    Posted on Nov 21, 2012 5:08:14 PM PST
    Don Allen Holbrook says:
    What this person fails to tell you is that these fees were contractually obligated and agreed to prior to any work being done and so they were earned honestly, even if she dislikes the project, that is not a valid reason to discredit my work and my fees that were paid over a 7 year period of work by the clients at their own free will and through their own request for my services.
    Reply to this post
    Permalink | Report abuse | Ignore this customer
    Do you think this post adds to the discussion? Yes No

Your post: Dec 23, 2012 3:53:53 PM PST
    Last edited by you 2 hours ago
    Soapboxmom says:
    What representations did Don Allen Holbrook make to these clients to get them to sign these contracts and pay these exorbitant amounts of tax dollars to him? Did he bray about 100s of successful projects worth billions of dollars that created 50,000 jobs? He removed his video on YouTube where he made those lofty claims and has refused to substantiate them after requests from numerous media outlets and taxpayers that are paying for his pipe dream destination theme park plans.

Huber Heights, Ohio has sued Don Allen Holbrook LLC and this case is certainly one to watch!

Edit this post | Permalink

1 new post since your last visit
    Posted on Dec 23, 2012 6:27:00 PM PST
    Don Allen Holbrook says:
    It's a shame one crazy cyber thug can get away with harassing people like myself. Last time I checked it was not a crime to sell your knowledge and know how to willing customers. Anyone who reads my information can see your posts for what they are, the antics of a seriously mentally disturbed woman with no practical knowledge of business and nothing better to do than defame people for her own selfish needs.

None of my clients other than Huber Heights have ever complained about my services rendered or what they paid for them. In the case of Huber Heights they just want to use the system to steal my ideas and not pay for them. That is just the work of some corrupt politicians, and in my opinion why their previous City Manager resigned and wanted nothing to do with their charade. He even sent me a conciliatory email to that regard.

I can't control folks are using statutorily compliant corruption to avoid paying for what they contracted for. Crooked folks are just that.
    Reply to this post
    Since Don Allen Holbrook has not apologized to those he filed his frivolous, harassment suit against and reimbursed our attorney fees, he can expect me to continue keeping him on the radar for eternity. He might take note that there are those of us who will not back down. I respond to lawsuit threats by researching and blogging more.

Don Holbrook should now be well aware I respect the rights of journalists and taxpayers to freedom of speech and I will vigorously defend that right! Holbrook made the hideous threats against taxpayers and bloggers discussing matters of public concern and that cannot be forgiven or excused. I will be on his tail 'til Heck freezes over. Crazy cyber thug at your service, Holbrook!

I am sure the city of Huber Heights attorneys will be delighted by your public statements!!! More goodies to forward to them.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donny
    In the case of Huber Heights they just want to use the system to steal my ideas and not pay for them. That is just the work of some corrupt politicians, and in my opinion why their previous City Manager resigned and wanted nothing to do with their charade.

delusional

Web definitions
    suffering from or characterized by delusions.wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Friday, March 9, 2012 | Posted: 11:22 p.m. Friday, March 9, 2012Huber Heights city manager resigns after less than a year

Gary Adams says he’s moving back to Illinois.

• 0 0 0 2

Related

View Larger

Gary Adams’ resignation is effective March 16, and he will move back to Illinois, where he has been offered a position of project manager/associate pastor for adult ministries at Harvest Baptist Church in Oswego.

By Steven Matthews
    Staff Writer
    HUBER HEIGHTS — City Manager Gary Adams is resigning due to personal reasons after less than a year in the position.
    City Council is expected to accept Adams’ resignation at Monday night’s meeting, and appoint Public Safety Director Jim Borland as the new city manager.
    Adams’ resignation is effective March 16, and he will move back to Illinois, where he has been offered a position of project manager/associate pastor for adult ministries at Harvest Baptist Church in Oswego.
    Adams’ wife — who had surgery about a year ago — and two daughters reside in Illinois, and the Adamses haven’t been able to sell their home.
    “I’ve been separated from them almost a year now, and I’m very close to my family,” Adams said. “If something happened, I would not be very happy that I missed another year waiting for our house to sell. That’s the primary factor.”
    Adams, 64, started at the end of May 2011, and has 36 years of experience in city and county government. His annual salary was $135,000.
    “Huber Heights is a great community,” Adams said. “There are so many exciting things going on, and I’m glad I got to be a part of it. I’m sorry I’m not about to stay here to finish those out and start new things. But the timing was right.”
    Adams will remain as a consultant on a one-year agreement with the city at $50 an hour, not to exceed $10,000.
    Holbrook claims, "their previous City Manager resigned and wanted nothing to do with their charade. He even sent me a conciliatory email to that regard." Let's have the e-mail!

And, I doubt if the ex-city manager had stabbed the city in the back and told Holbrook he wanted nothing to do with the city's charade, that the city would be paying him to continue to consult. Holbrook believes the entire world revolves around him and he is in for a rude awakening on that one!!!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

25 Rule for Disinformation Utilized to Confuse and Misguide the Public

26WednesdayDec 2012

I recently round this research on this blog and thought how well supported and written this was. Since I myself have been the victim of this new era of cyber thugs and cyber attacks by social media bloggers and malicious people who just get their jollies from hurting people unduly, I thought this was worth posting for others to read. The author Marco Torres hit it right on the mark and the account of the tactics is text book as to what I myself found in my own matter. Worse yet the account of how media has been subverted and created for sensationalized and non-facutal reporting there is no valid investigative reporting anymore.

I hope you enjoy the article here is the link:

Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation :

Well, Sir Gasbag of the mighty economic developers is at it again. This was posted on his website, today for tomorrow. The almighty thinks he was unduly put down for his windbag statements. But he has yet to proof his unfactual statements about 50,000 jobs, 100 successful projects and over 1 Billion in revenue. Holy moldly Batman, it getting high and deep in here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fjjm303 View Post
    25 Rule for Disinformation Utilized to Confuse and Misguide the Public

26WednesdayDec 2012

I recently round this research on this blog and thought how well supported and written this was. Since I myself have been the victim of this new era of cyber thugs and cyber attacks by social media bloggers and malicious people who just get their jollies from hurting people unduly, I thought this was worth posting for others to read. The author Marco Torres hit it right on the mark and the account of the tactics is text book as to what I myself found in my own matter. Worse yet the account of how media has been subverted and created for sensationalized and non-facutal reporting there is no valid investigative reporting anymore.

I hope you enjoy the article here is the link:

Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation :

Well, Sir Gasbag of the mighty economic developers is at it again. This was posted on his website, today for tomorrow. The almighty thinks he was unduly put down for his windbag statements. But he has yet to proof his unfactual statements about 50,000 jobs, 100 successful projects and over 1 Billion in revenue. Holy moldly Batman, it getting high and deep in here.
    The author Holbrook refers to was talking about political candidates. He is so dang dense he didn't even understand the purpose of the article. We journalists and bloggers share virtually nothing in common with them. Holbrook, however very much so resembles a politician and used car salesman rolled into one. That article very clearly illustrates the dishonest and dirty tactics Holbrook himself employs. Reading that article should be like a frightening look in the mirror for Holbrook!!!

Love some Bunny! I do!