Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

Post Thanks / Like

re: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

HARK !!!

Is that the sound of fraudsters ducking for cover I hear in the distance ???

All that one can say is

good-bloody-lord.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    So how did scammer white snake out of all this or was he not really involved as he made it out to be to sell his snake oil?
    Apparently, fake multi-billionaire Trey White was amusing himself with his zero water scam. What could be more fun than making videos where brainless MLMers fawn all over one and introduce one as a multi-billionaire. So, Trey's partner John Marlin was the one helping to orchestrate the robbing and pillaging of the Texas taxpayers from that little area north of Houston.
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is it just me, or is anyone else finding problems with the EarthQuest Institute relating to the standards of Governance and Oversight by the BBB, especially item no.s 4 and 5 ? Soapboxmom, remind me to never get on your bad side. You GO, GIRL! By the time this is all said and done, Donny boy might have to start re-using his used toilet paper in order to get by. He could become the world's foremost leader on "brown" technology!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    HARK !!!

Is that the sound of fraudsters ducking for cover I hear in the distance ???

All that one can say is

good-bloody-lord.
    That buffoon Holbrook suing me was not the best way to accomplish that. LOL!!!!

The IRS and attorney general's office are involved already as he is withholding the charity documents required by the IRS and Texas Non-profit Corporation Act to be released. Now, that the nice judge is involved and I will be requesting everything but his used toilet paper in discovery, Holbrook will be forced to turn all these papers over. He is the one claiming that I am publishing defamatory and untrue statements. He has the burden of proof and as I have the right to defend myself I will get access to everything but his underwear drawer.

Following is the first of the recent posts cataloging the charity debacle Holbrook is personally responsible for:
    http://www.realscam.com/f11/iedc-int...html#post23662

EarthQuest 2009 bond sale: where did tax dollars go - Monday, April 30, 2012 - Copyright 2007 Ourtribune.com
    Third, Don Holbrook, consultant, was paid an eye-popping $773,963.43 out of the bond proceeds. Holbrook is truly a consultant extraordinaire, capable of walking on both sides of one street at the same time. That is, despite the obvious conflict of interests, he represented both EMCID and the Developer Group as their respective consultants on EarthQuest.

In an email dated April 18, 2012, McCrady acknowledged to The Tribune that EMCID had retained, and paid Holbrook, as its consultant, the sums of $27,000 and $277,000. Out of the 2009 bond proceeds, Holbrook was paid $273,963.43 by EMCID for work on tax incentive and legislative matters. EMCID subsequently paid him an additional $500,000 (as the Developer’s consultant) as a finder’s fee for the EarthQuest site.

Consequently, Holbrook has been paid more than $800,000 by EMCID, presuming the $277,000 and the $273,963.43 mentioned above refer to the same fee. Furthermore, while Holbrook was carting off EMCID’s bank vault, he and his merry band of minions were also plundering the EarthQuest Institute for every dime it had received. Under the auspices of EMCID, Holbrook alone stripped out at least $328,255.00 from the Institute. (For details, see The Tribune article dated April 4, 2012). Altogether, it appears that Holbrook received, from EMCID and the Institute, upwards o $1,200,000 for his various, if not nefarious, EarthQuest activities.

The level of compensation paid to Holbrook is beyond any rational explanation, let alone comprehension. What possible justification can the EMCID leadership and board make to its constituents that Holbrook was deserving of these unwarranted, outrageous, indeed, unbelievable sums of money?

Last, but certainly not least, is “Dino” Don Lessem. It was Lessem that ignited the flame of inspiration for the EarthQuest Institute in 2006. But his dreams were incinerated by the raging fire of EarthQuest’s implosion.

In a recent letter to The Tribune, Lessem openly regretted many of the decisions he and others made regarding EarthQuest, especially as those decisions pertained to money matters. He lamented the waste and excessive salaries paid to Holbrook and others. He was appalled at the lack of interest that Leon Cubillas and the EMCID board took in regards to the Institute. He rued the complete lack of accountability on the part of almost everyone involved in the EarthQuest project.

Surprisingly, he commended the articles of The Tribune as being “very thorough” and did not dispute any assertions that have been set forth by The Tribune. Clearly concerned about the possible demise of EarthQuest and all the money that has been lost, he nevertheless stated that “[he] is not a squanderer of public or private funds, nor a deceiver of anyone” and that he “was not paid a dime” as for efforts related to the Institute.

Apparently, however, his magnanimity did not extend to EarthQuest. For out of the bond sale he was paid $310,674.50 by EMCID for “contribution and licensing rights.” Again, what possible justification can EMCID make for this enormous expense for a project that will never be to a consultant who no longer is?

Sadly, like the unsinkable H.M.S. Titanic that sank 100 years ago, the EarthQuest juggernaut appears headed to its own date with destiny. Yet, history is not determined by past events, but by current decisions. Unfortunately, EMCID’s decisions provide few answers, but many questions.

Why did the EMCID leadership and board turn a blind eye to these excessive expenditures? Why were these huge payments never disclosed or discussed in the corporate minutes or with the public until now? Why did EMCID not engage its own accountants to conduct an audit of all payments from the bond sale instead of a mere compilation based on original agreements dating back to 2008?

For the southeast Montgomery County taxpayers there will be ay least 21,000,000 “whys” over the next 28 years, when the last payment of this bond is paid by the citizens.

View the developer reimbursement audits here:

http://ourtribune.com/apdf/dra.pdf
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ourtribune.com
    That is, despite the obvious conflict of interests, he represented both EMCID and the Developer Group as their respective consultants on EarthQuest.
    WHAT ????

That's a joke, right ??

You're not serious, surely ??

For goodness' sake, this is 2012, not 1812.

I didn't realize there were still cowboy gangs in Texas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

EarthQuest Institute Hosts Inaugural Fundraising Event - Kingwood
    EarthQuest Institute Hosts Inaugural Fundraising Event - Kingwood

By: Pat Martins
    Published: 11/30/2009 4:00pm

If you are one of those area residents who have been patiently waiting for more information on this behemoth project and want to get involved on the ground floor, your chance is coming on December 8th.
    As quoted from the EMCID website with their permission:
    “To bring reality to the long-awaited dinosaur park, the East Montgomery County Improvement District will host its first fundraising event for the museum, EarthQuest Institute.
    “We are holding the first fundraising event in East Montgomery County because that is where EarthQuest Institute and EarthQuest Adventures Theme Park will be located,” Frank McCrady, president, said. “The developers, Dr. Matt Gardner and ‘Dino’ Don Lessem will present information on both the theme park and museum.”
    The event is scheduled for Dec. 8 at the East Montgomery County Improvement District Complex with social hour at 6 p.m., dinner at 7 and the program at 7:30. According to McCrady, this fundraising opportunity will be the first time that organizations, businesses and individuals can sign up to be members of the “Circle of Friends” through donations. Interested parties are asked to R.S.V.P. to 281-354-4419 by Dec. 2 and tickets are $75 per person”.
    Want more information on what this project has in store for our area? Check out our previous article from last December.
    It is fitting that the initial information event will take place locally. All the key players will be at this event including, "Dino" Don Lessem - Creative Consultant, John Marlin - Developer, Chris Brown with Contour Entertainment and Dr. Matt Gardner - Chief Science Officer. They will be presenting an information session with graphic representations of the EarthQuest Institute and the EarthQuest Adventures Theme Park. A scaled down model of the development will also be on display.
    This event is the first private opportunity to become a member of the "Circle of Friends" of the EarthQuest Institute. Members joining the "Circle of Friends" will receive special recognition during the evening’s presentation.
    This was one of two fundraisers for the friends of Holbrook it turns out.

EarthQuest Institute | EarthQuest Resort
    How Will the EarthQuest Institute be Funded?

• EQ “For Profit” contributing $24 million in land and infrastructure
    • State of Texas, EMCID and others providing $25 million in funding for construction
    • Charitable donations for start-up and on-going operations
    EarthQuest Resort.pdf

The donors would have probably not been so quick to donate had they known Holbrook was pulling $185.00 an hour for 15 hours a week and Deborah Thomas (from the developers Marlin Atlantis / Whitestone bunch) was getting paid a whopping $135.00 an hour for 20 hours a week. The sum total of their accomplishments was zero charitable functions save for a few college students that worked with Dr. Matthew Gardner on games that never made it to the website and of course the two fundraisers.

So, I suppose Holbrook will be putting this on his long list of accomplishments.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Entity Information: THE INSTITUTE EARTHQUEST
    1722 ROUTH ST STE 1500
    DALLAS, TX 75201-2532
    Registered Agent: Not on file
    Registered Agent Resignation Date:
    State of Formation: TX
    File Number: 0800941922
    SOS Registration Date: February 22, 2008
    Taxpayer Number: 32034780331

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________
    I called the attorney who set this up and was listed as the registered agent. As he promised, he has resigned as the registered agent. It appears no one wants to be associated with this Don Holbrook accomplishment. This Titanic has no captain. If you are suing and have to serve someone I guess you can send the summons to the EMCID office, which is the currently listed address for this thing and also where Dr. Matthew Gardner sent the documents. Frank McCrady is doing his best to hide the documents that did land in that office just recently. I suspect the nice judge will see that those materialize and are handed over to the defendants in Holbrook's frivolous harassment suit.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Where is Holbrook when the fund raising in Kingwood was going on???

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fjjm303 View Post
    Where is Holbrook when the fund raising in Kingwood was going on???
    Somewhere drinking fine Red Zeppelin wine and reminiscing about his grand vacation in Europe taken that summer when he wasn't working 15 hours a week being paid $185.00 an hour (mostly taxpayer dollars to boot!) by that now defunct charity???

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There are hilarious blogs about this dino disater all across the net. I am going to join in every one!!!

Unraveling the New Caney $500 Million Dinosaur Theme Park Confidence Game » Swamplot: Houston's Real Estate Landscape

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Standards for Charity Accountability - U.S. BBB
    1. A board of directors that provides adequate oversight of the charity's operations and its staff. Indication of adequate oversight includes, but is not limited to, regularly scheduled appraisals of the CEO's performance, evidence of disbursement controls such as board approval of the budget, fund raising practices, establishment of a conflict of interest policy, and establishment of accounting procedures sufficient to safeguard charity finances.
    2. A board of directors with a minimum of five voting members.
    Let's see how Don Holbrook's accomplishment adds up:
    Executive Board

Our Executive Board represents the major creative and philanthropic developers of the EarthQuest concept, with respective backgrounds in science, communication, public education and community development.
    Leon Cubillas, Chairman
    Don Lessem, Founder and Director
    John Marlin, Director
    3 members and obviously Holbrook was allowed to empty the coffers faster than they could be filled. The fundraising group was Holbrook's co-workers from Stellar Fundrasing who jumped ship together and formed Sage Fundraising. That certainly could be a conflict of interest. So, it is quite likely the fundraising group was picked simply because Holbrook brought them in. $600,000.00 was spent on professional services of some kind. I would think much of that went to the fundraisers after the lawyers and accountants were paid. So, we can say for certain that Holbrook's old work buddies and EMCID which apparently threw around 1.1 million at the charity did a stellar job of lining his pockets to be sure!

Holbrook has certainly safeguarded the finances of the charity enough to see he got paid quite handsomely. Now, all the charity documents that are required by law to be public have been hidden away by Frank McCrady and Holbrook. Just what do they have to hide? The judge, IRS and Attorney General's Office are not in the habit of taking no for an answer.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://donholbrook.typepad.com/econo...per/media.html
    Media

With a reputation for being out in front on major issues in economic development, Don A. Holbrook frequently serves as a media resource on:

• How cities of all sizes and shapes can begin to create tangible and intangible actions to build a world-class community
    • How cities can become sought after locales for new high-skilled workforce residents and business opportunities
    • Globalization as it relates to local city economic development (what it takes to succeed and the cost of procrastination and failure)
    • The impact of technology on economic development
    • The drivers of corporate site location decisions in the global economy

Don's contributed to the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Washington Post, USA Today, Foreign Direct Investment, Financial Times, Business Facilities, Site Selection, Canadian Business, Fox Prime Time, Inside Economic Development, Council for Urban Economic Development Commentary, Plant Sites & Parks, and the IEDC Economic Development Journal. He's also hosted a monthly public television show on development issues and has been a guest on numerous radio talk shows related to his field of expertise.

Recent Television Interviews
    Don Holbrook interviewed on KTIV, May 2008, during the Economic Development Summit: Rural Economic Development in the 21st Century in Wayne, NE
    Read full article, NE Economic Leaders: Rural America Is 'Dying', from KTIV News Channel 4.

Don Holbrook interviewed on Fox Business News, December 2007:

Don's second interview on Fox Business News, December 2007:

Recent Audio Interviews

Listen to Don Holbrook being interviewed by Krishna De about, "The Impact of Globalization on Local Economies" (50 mins):

Recent Press
    Speaker: Economy is in 'transition,' not recession
    by Jim Jaworski
    Source: Chicago Sun-Times, June 26, 2008
    Transition can be a very painful process, and Don Holbrook thinks America is in the middle of the biggest economic transition in history... More
    Articles related to Don Holbrook serving as a judge for the North American Cities of the Future 2007/08 rankings:
    www.fdimagazine.com
    www.midwestbusiness.com

Representative Articles by Don A. Holbrook

Contact Don to schedule an interview.

Nov 5, 2007 5:54:08 AM
    Private or public figure?????

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

EarthQuest representatives provide update | Ultimate Lake Houston

EarthQuest representatives provide update

by Mike Madere | March 16, 2010 10:34 am
    By SUZANNE WEST
    Chronicle correspondent
    EarthQuest marketing representatives gave the East Montgomery County Improvement District's board of directors a positive report regarding progress in securing investment partners for financing of the planned theme park/resort project.
    Deborah Thomas and Rich Barrett of Marlin Atlantis told the EMCID directors that response from potential investors has been positive. The marketing team is working to find some $500 million in investment money for the EarthQuest project.
    "We've been working on this project for two years," said Thomas. "It's been a very full two years because it's a very complicated project."
    With multiple feasibility and market penetration studies, design tweaking, construction projections and verifications of those projections, a marketing package was finally ready to take before potential investors late last fall, she said.
    The finished product being taken to investment bankers and other investment markets is "stunning" and a "real eye-catcher," said Thomas.
    Barrett told directors at a meeting earlier this month that the marketing team is well aware of the challenges presented by the current unavailability of some capital markets. However, the team has approached other non-traditional, high level investors for this project.
    "We've looked at a lot of Texas-centric and Houston-centric investors," he said. "We have a deep dialog with the Indian Nation and have been traveling through Europe as well."
    Thomas said there is a team of five people working on the investment marketing, adding that the process is going very well at this time.
    "We've gotten a very interested list of prospective investors," she said. "They have to do their due diligence, and part of the process is that we do due diligence on them. We have to know they have the wherewithal to fund the entire project. We have to weed out those who are questionable."
    Currently, the marketing group is talking to six investors, Thomas said.
    "And, any one of them could come to the table with the money," said Thomas. "Bottom line, it is looking very good. It is not a matter of if. It is a matter of when we get the funding."
    Barrette said he expects an investment partner to come in some time mid- to late summer this year.
    Thomas also told directors that although she is primarily focused on raising the half-billion dollars for the for-profit part of EarthQuest, she is always on the lookout for support for the non-profit EarthQuest Institute.
    So, again, Chris Brown telling the Nye county (home of Pahrump, Nevada) in May 2012 that Earthquest was entering the capital raise phase is ridiculous. The project has been scrounging for money and investors for years. Chris Brown talked to me about seeking funds in January 2012. All sorts of enthusiastic talk, but no progress. Chris Brown got this dumped in his lap after Marlin Atlantis, the original developers, went bust and the land ended up in bankruptcy in August 2011 with the Whitestone entity that holds it. Holbrook claimed (before the bankruptcy filing) to Pahrump in May 2011 that Contour was buying (as in progress) the land. What a bunch of complete nonsense!!!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Earthquest has gone wildly viral. The comments by the taxpayers are priceless:

SECOND DINO-PARK IN JASPER SUNK BY SAVVY OFFICIALS | Montgomery County Police Reporter

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey SBM, is there any way to get the finished Product that was used for the presentation to investors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey SBM, is there any way to get the finished Product that was used for the presentation to investors.
    That will be one of hundreds of requests for production to be sure!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Unraveling the New Caney $500 Million Dinosaur Theme Park Confidence Game » Swamplot: Houston's Real Estate Landscape

Thursday, April 12, 2012
    Unraveling the New Caney $500 Million Dinosaur Theme Park Confidence Game

Schemes for half-billion-dollar eco-resort theme parks are delicate things. To make them happen, it sure helps if everyone believes! Close your eyes and wish it, then: a 500-acre eco-themed, dinosaur-flavored earth science fantasyland, resort, conference center, and retail development just 30 miles northeast of Downtown Houston on Hwy. 59, and just a short drive from Bush Intercontinental airport.....

13 Comments
    From HealthySkeptic:
    look out, gang – if the houston press’s online article is any indication, the angry lunatic con-man behind this whole shamockery will be here any time soon, throwing around words like “malicious” and “slander” when he really means “absolute truth” and “shell game.” Godspeed, New Caney.
    April 12, 2012 at 5:41 pm

From TheNiche:
    Gus, you left out the part where the County Judge advised the EMCID to stop making outlandish and unsupported claims that there is progress being made and that he is referring public complaints regarding this project to the County DA’s office for investigation.
    April 12, 2012 at 12:50 pm
    Obviously, there are many more Holbrook fan clubs popping up!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Then & Now

EarthQuest theme park backers still digging up funding

Premium content from Houston Business Journal by Jennifer Dawson

Date: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 11:00pm CST - Last Modified: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 4:03pm CST
    THEN

Date: July 20, 2007

Headline: ‘Dinosaur park takes big step toward reality with funding green light’
    The story

State legislation was enacted to pave the way for development of a Disney-style dinosaur entertainment complex proposed for Montgomery County.
    The EarthQuest theme park is being created by Don Lessem of Pennsylvania-based ExhibitsRex LLC, who in 2006 announced plans to build the project on 50 acres in the small town of New Caney. By mid-2007, the proposed project was expected to cover 250 acres and cost more than $600 million to develop. A $150 million spa hotel is also planned for the site.

Lessem, who served as chief adviser to producers of the “Jurassic Park” movie, has created permanent and touring dinosaur exhibits through Dinodon Inc., a division of ExhibitsRex.

EarthQuest got a boost from House Bill 4015, which allows creation of a special taxing zone and facilitates bond financing.The measure allows the East Montgomery County Improvement District to sell bonds to pay for infrastructure work, by giving it the means to pay back the bonds.
    The legislation will allow the special district to collect a hotel/motel tax (other than within the city limits of Splendora); create a tax or fee for parking and admission; and increase sales tax by 0.5 cents within the park site’s enterprise zone.

New Caney, which is located north of Houston, edged out a Dallas suburb to become the site for EarthQuest.
    The proposed park was to be located at Caney Creek near FM 1485 and U.S. Highway 59 on property owned by Marlin Atlantis, a Dallas-based residential community developer. The land is part of a 1,564-acre undeveloped parcel once owned by Rice University that was acquired by Marlin Atlantis in 2004 for a proposed Whitestone residential community.

At the time, construction on the theme park was expected to begin in the first half of 2008.
    The eco-friendly project would be a mixture of entertainment and education, similar to Disney’s EPCOT theme park in Florida. EarthQuest would include a dinosaur museum, IMAX-style theater and walking trails amid life-size dinosaur exhibits.
    A nonprofit educational complex called the DinoDon Institute is also part of the overall vision.
    Frank McCrady, president and CEO of the East Montgomery County Improvement District, predicted that EarthQuest will employ about 2,700 people when it is completed in 2012.

NOW

Although a recent fundraising event indicates support for the project, developers have yet to break ground on EarthQuest.
    A “Friends of EarthQuest” reception on Dec. 8 was attended by 275 people who committed more than $75,000 to EarthQuest Institute, a new name for the nonprofit DinoDon Institute.

Don Holbrook, president and CEO of EarthQuest Institute, says it was supposed to be a modest event, intended to provide information on the project. He only expected 125 people to come, and figured they may pledge around $20,000 to the nonprofit institute.
    “We had to actually turn people away,” says Holbrook. “I was just blown away. It was exponentially better than I ever expected.”
    The project has continued to evolve over the past two years.

John Marlin took over as developer of EarthQuest after due diligence showed the value of an entertainment destination such as this in the Houston area. Marlin is CEO of Marlin Atlantis, which owns the Montgomery County land where the theme park will be constructed.
    Marlin Atlantis owns a total of 1,600 acres — 550 acres of which are now earmarked for the theme park and educational institute.
    The company postponed plans for its residential development in Montgomery County until EarthQuest gets off the ground, Holbrook says.
    Although all of the financial pieces of the puzzle have yet to fall into place, EarthQuest Institute and the theme park — expected to be named either EarthQuest Adventures Theme Park or Global EarthQuest Adventures Theme Park — are slated to start construction in summer or fall 2010, and have a grand opening in 2012.
    Phase I of the theme park — complete with rides, roller coasters and interactive exhibits — will cost about $550 million, Holbrook says. Phase I of the institute will run about $50 million.

The price tag for the entire master plan, including EarthQuest, the residential community and accompanying developments, is pegged at $1.3 billion, says Holbrook, adding that it will create 17,000 jobs at build out.
    Dinosaur expert Lessem is still an equity partner, but only part of the multifaceted theme park will focus on dinosaurs. Holbrook says there will be five “lands” in EarthQuest, and one of those will have rides and features starring the prehistoric creatures.
    Contour Entertainment in Los Angeles is involved in development of EarthQuest. Chris Brown, president of Contour, has three decades of experience in the entertainment field, including 15 years at Walt Disney Co.

As an affiliated entity, EarthQuest Institute will educate visitors on new types of energy production, conservation, sustainable technology and the environment.
    “It’s a way for kids to learn,” says McCrady. “There’s a lot of tactile stuff throughout the park and the museum.”
    The East Montgomery County Improvement District issued $7.6 million in bonds about a year ago that are funding the predevelopment activity. The money will be paid back with proceeds from future EarthQuest revenue.
    Holbrook, who lives in Las Vegas, says Marlin is currently weighing several options for additional development funding, but did not name the prospective sources.
    “In this economy, it’s a great position to be in,” he adds. “It also proves that Houston is a great market. The capital markets believe that.”
    jdawson@bizjournals.com • 713-395-9631
    So, Holbrook was at the fateful fundraiser and thrilled to have more cash coming in to pay his exhorbitant salary, since he had paid out every dime in the coffers.

But, what would Paul Harvey say.....Titanic!!!

Soapboxmom
    Last edited by Soapboxmom; 06-24-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWAMPLOT
    Schemes for half-billion-dollar eco-resort theme parks are delicate things. To make them happen, it sure helps if everyone believes! Close your eyes and wish it, then:
    It also helps if people hold hands and sing at the same time they make their wish.

Here, try it:

"Kum ba yah, my Lord, kum ba yah! Kum ba yah, my Lord, kum ba yah"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

America’s Dark Ages - A View From the Edge of the Abyss

That is the title of a blog written by Don Holbrook. He is referring to the economic situation. I am going to refer to his hideous attempt to silence legitimate critics, journalists and taxpayers from participation in discussions about matters of public concern. When Americans cannot exercise the right to free speech and discuss where tax dollars are going then we are certainly entering the Dark Ages. Knight Holbrook, who thinks he is the Lord and master of the internet, is going against everything the Knights stand for. He swore to uphold the Constitution.

The Sovereign Military Order of the Temple of Jerusalem - Autonomous Grand Priory of the United States of America

Please contact the Knights and let them know about their dishonest, rogue member that is attacking what they stand for:

The Sovereign Military Order of the Temple of Jerusalem - Autonomous Grand Priory of the United States of America

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

I just read the America's Dark Ages, What a line of Bull S##t. This guy talks about get rich people and scammers. He is the biggest one???

Post Thanks / Like

I just read the America's Dark Ages, What a line of Bull S##t. This guy talks about get rich people and scammers. He is the biggest one???
    That's why he can write it......his own, first hand knowledge of how to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

BBB says:
    5. No transaction(s) in which any board or staff members have material conflicting interests with the charity resulting from any relationship or business affiliation. Factors that will be considered when concluding whether or not a related party transaction constitutes a conflict of interest and if such a conflict is material, include, but are not limited to: any arm's length procedures established by the charity; the size of the transaction relative to like expenses of the charity; whether the interested party participated in the board vote on the transaction; if competitive bids were sought and whether the transaction is one-time, recurring or ongoing.......
    FINANCES
    This section of the standards seeks to ensure that the charity spends its funds honestly, prudently and in accordance with statements made in fund raising appeals. To meet these standards, the charitable organization shall:
    Please note that standards 8 and 9 have different denominators.

8. Spend at least 65% of its total expenses on program activities.
    Formula for Standard 8:
    Total Program Service Expenses should be at least 65%

Total Expenses

9. Spend no more than 35% of related contributions on fund raising. Related contributions include donations, legacies, and other gifts received as a result of fund raising efforts.
    Formula for Standard 9:
    Total Fund Raising Expenses should be no more than 35%

Total Related Contributions
    Holbrook using his buddies from Sage Fundraising, the ones that bailed from Stellar Fundraising where he was a vice president, is certainly questionable. Were competitive bids solicited? Did Holbrook get compensated from the fundraising efforts?

A few dollars or zero were spent out of the 1.2-1.4 million that was spent. The only charitable activity I am aware of was the development of some games by Lone Star college students under the tutelage of Dr. Matthew Gardner. Those interactive games were never put up on the website.

The idea of a mobile Earthquest unit to go out and educate school children and other groups never materialized, so every penny went to Holbrook, Deborah Thomas, a pittance to Matthew Gardner and then the rest to CPAs, lawyers, and Holbrook's fundraising buddies. Te CPAs, lawyers and fundraisers together got a whopping $600,000.00 dollars. That is a gargantuan sum for those activities.

The charity is in the hole I believe and EMCID apparently donated around 1.1 million tax dollars to this Holbrook accomplishment that is now defunct.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

BBB says:
    ......11. Make available to all, on request, complete annual financial statements prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. When total annual gross income exceeds $500,000*, these statements should be audited in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards. For charities whose annual gross income is less than $500,000*, a review by a certified public accountant is sufficient to meet this standard. For charities whose annual gross income is less than $250,000*, an internally produced, complete financial statement is sufficient to meet this standard.
    *Note that new financial statement thresholds for Standard 11 are effective for fiscal years ending 12/31/2011 and thereafter.

12. Include in the financial statements a breakdown of expenses (e.g., salaries, travel, postage, etc.) that shows what portion of these expenses was allocated to program, fund raising, and administrative activities. If the charity has more than one major program category, the schedule should provide a breakdown for each category.13. Accurately report the charity's expenses, including any joint cost allocations, in its financial statements. For example, audited or unaudited statements which inaccurately claim zero fund raising expenses or otherwise understate the amount a charity spends on fund raising, and/or overstate the amount it spends on programs will not meet this standard.
    The charity documents were never available at the charity's office (the same address as the EMCID). The IRS and Texas Non-profit Act require certain disclosures be available. Dr. Gardner sent all the docs he had to the EMCID office and directed everyone to Frank "Bonus" McCrady. MCCrady won't make anything available. All the media has gotten is the IRS forms that were made available on several charity watch sites.

Holbrook as the president and CEO denied requests for them to be released telling the accountants he forbade them turning over the docs required by law to be publicly available. What does Holbrook have to hide? The IRS and Texas Attorney General are not going to take a no anymore than the nice judge in the case Holbrook filed will.

Is it IEDC policy to withhold documents for charities? Is that how they recommend their economic developers conduct the projects they are responsible for? Another stellar Holbrook accomplishment to be sure!!!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Forced to retire, EMCID board passes payments, proposals before losing seats - Monday, June 25, 2012 - Copyright 2007 Ourtribune.com

Forced to retire, EMCID board passes payments, proposals before losing seats

Monday, June 25, 2012
    Ryan Graham
    The East Montgomery Country Improvement District board debated the status of the EarthQuest project at their June meeting, prompted by two businesses which have expressed interest in land originally targeted for the proposed, dinosaur-themed amusement park.

Chris Brown, a representative of Contour Entertainment, told the board his company is almost ready to move forward with EarthQuest. EMCID’s original letter of intent with Contour allotted the California firm 60 days to prepare a firm business plan for EMCID’s approval, but Brown requested that this be increased to 90 days, time for Contour to conduct a market research study.

EarthQuest and EMCID’s financial involvement in the project, estimated at more than $20 million, has been controversial in recent months after a series of articles in The Tribune. Two longtime incumbent EMCID board members (Leon Cubillas and Leonard Rogers) were voted off in May and a third, Isidor Ybarra, narrowly kept his seat with a 40-vote margin. Interest was keen in this meeting as it was the last for the voting block that has kept money flowing to the EarthQuest project and its contractors.

The board voted to grant Contour the 30 extra days 6-2. In favor were Cubillas, Sue Warren, Fred Wetz, Vickie Thumann, Rogers and Ybarra. Connie Bloodworth and Linda Floyd voted against the measure.

The 1500-acre EarthQuest site was sold in bankruptcy court to Friendswood Development Company in May, with a provision that the original developer can buy back 500 acres, where the theme park is proposed to be located.

Front Sight Firearms Training and Resort, located in Pahrump, Nev., is also interested in the property to create a gun range in Montgomery County. EMCID voted 6-2 to allow Front Sight, a company with a controversial history, to purchase the land if they weren’t satisfied with Contour’s business plan after the allotted 90 days. Bloodworth and Floyd voted against the measure.

Friendswood is a respected national developer, having built Kingwood and Oakhurst, among other neighborhoods. John Hammond, president of Friendswood, stated he “[doesn’t] have any firm details, we’re just going to do what Friendswood does.”

He stated they plan to build 2,000 homes and some commercial property on the EarthQuest land, with construction beginning in 2017 and ending by 2024. The motion to allow Friendswood to purchase those 1,000 from Whitestone Builders, who currently own it, passed 7-1, with Bloodworth voting against.

Arguably the most important item on the agenda of the meeting was approval of the budget for the next fiscal year. When discussing the budget, Floyd and Warren both pointed out specific areas of the budget where they felt expenses were vaguely explained or where they felt that far too much money had been allotted. Floyd also pointed out that in the proposed budget, EMCID is responsible for paying the lawyers of EarthQuest representative Don Holbrook to draw up his contract.

When pressed for explanation by board members, EMCID President Frank McCrady said, “We’re working on it.”

The motion to pass the budget as originally proposed failed 1-7, with only Cubillas voting for. The board then motioned not to pay for Holbrook’s lawyers and to table the rest of the budget, which they would then discuss at a special meeting. That motion passed 7-1, with Cubillas voting against. The budget meeting has subsequently been set for Thursday, June 28.

During the discussion of the budget, Floyd announced to the board that from that point forward, she will no longer be voting in favor of anything she is not shown prior to the meeting.

“I’m on the budget committee and they didn’t show me all of the information I wanted,” Floyd said when asked about this new policy. “I think a budget should be plain and laid out. The bottom line is if I haven’t any information about something, I won’t pass it.”

This meeting was the final meeting with the current board. At the end of the meeting, incoming board members Brenda Webb, Marlene Idoux and Dale Martin were sworn in. These new members will begin their term July 12.

The newly formed board is expected to cast a far different tone for EMCID. The new members were voted onto the board as a result of the public’s outcry and anger over EMCID’s and McCrady’s excessive expenditures on EarthQuest and their business expenses. It is expected that Bloodworth and Floyd, frustrated at the direction the current board has taken, may join new board members in making sweeping changes to the operation of EMCID.

“ I am looking forward to serving the community of East Montgomery County, and gaining citizen trust by sharing as much information as possible, in how we spend their tax dollars. I would also like to remind the citizens that their ideas and input are valuable tools for the board, and want to encourage their attendance at the monthly board meetings. Being involved and knowing first hand the projects and improvements planned for their community, is empowerment for the people,” Webb told The Tribune.

The next meeting of EMCID, with the new board, is scheduled for July 12.
    Last minute plans usurped - Monday, June 25, 2012 - Copyright 2007 Ourtribune.com

Last minute plans usurped

Monday, June 25, 2012
    Geoffrey Geiger
    Confusion over who is and isn’t allowed to attend a meeting of the East Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation ended the latest meeting before it even began, The Tribune has learned. A meeting scheduled June 14 was abruptly adjourned after several East Montgomery County Improvement District board members attempted to attend the EMCEDC meeting, ostensibly to observe and see what payments were on the agenda.

The EMCEDC distributes money as gifts and loans to various entities, all taxpayer funded.

After arriving at the meeting, EMCID members Connie Bloodworth, Fred Wetz and newly elected Marlene Idoux all were told by EMCEDC (and EMCID) Chairman Leon Cubillas that the meeting was closed to all outsiders. While they were in the hallway pondering this sudden attempt to keep them from hearing the meeting, EMCID member Linda Floyd arrived.

She refused to leave, prompting Cubillas to adjourn after an argument reportedly started between the two over whether EMCID members were allowed to observe official EMCEDC business as EMCID funds the corporation.

Cubillas at one point threatened to call the police to which Floyd retorted that she was calling the media, asking Cubillas, “Which do you think will get here first?”

Cubillas, as EMCID chairman, appoints the EMCEDC members which are himself, Leonard Rogers, Vickie Thumann and local businessman Philippe Cras.

The EMCEDC has a sporadic meeting schedule; agendas and meeting notices are taped to trees at the end of dead end roads. Cubillas decided to adjourn at the behest of Cras.

The Tribune learned that Cubillas called another special meeting on Monday, June 25 at 1 p.m.

Cubillas and Rogers have been forced off the EMCEDC and ECMID board by voters, who soundly defeated them in favor of new community representatives Marlene Idoux and Brenda Webb.

The litigious goon Holbrook does not need to worry about contracts. His wild threats and hideous lawsuit should make everyone run when they see him coming. The new board will no doubt end his gravy train!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!