Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Don A. Holbrook (SMOTJ) Soapbox-Momster-Cyber Stalker of the Abyss." / Knights Templar Movie Scam

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Dealing with a Cyber Stalker & Cyber Bully / "Soapbox-Momster-Cyber Stalker of the Abyss." Don A. Holbrook (SMOTJ)

http://www.kriso.ee/true-stories-se-BT-ebooks.html?printfly=1
    back

True stories

Searh inside this subject:
    English E-books Matches 1-20 (total 4779)
    23456...Next page >

• 1. Invisible Women: Powerful and Disturbing Stories of Murdered Sex Workers [e-book]
    • Ruth Wykes, Kylie Fox
    • When news of a murdered woman hits the headlines in Australia, people sit up and take notice. Unless that woman happens to be a sex worker. Invisible Women tells the stories of several murdered sex workers - all of whom are somebodys mother, daughte... More info...
    • (Pub. Date: 01-Jan-2016, EPUB+DRM, Publisher: Echo Publishing, ISBN-13: 9781760067465)
    • Price: 9,12 EUR
    • Add to basket | More info... | Add to Wishlist

Check short description

• 2. Soapbox-Momster: Cyber Stalker of the Abyss [e-book]
    • Don A Holbrook
    • The story of a very ugly cyber stalker and bully that extorts men and women for her own perverse pleasure and then extorts money from them to live her own lavish lifestyle. She taunts, tortures and torments her vicitims and ruins their lives... More info...
    • (Pub. Date: 25-Dec-2015, EPUB+DRM, Publisher: Don Allen Holbrook LLC., ISBN-13: 9781513608273)
    • Price: 0,74 EUR (Normal price: 1,10 EUR)

Check short description

• 3. Thirty-Eight Witnesses: The Kitty Genovese Case [e-book]
    • A. M. Rosenthal
    • A Pulitzer Prizewinning journalists groundbreaking account of the crime that shocked New York Cityand the world In the early hours of March 13, 1964, twenty-eight-year-old Catherine ;Kitty Genovese was stabbed to death in the middle-class neighbor... More info...
    • (Pub. Date: 15-Dec-2015, EPUB+DRM, Publisher: Open Road Media, ISBN-13: 9781504026437)
    • Price: 5,60 EUR

Check short description

• 4. Carr: Five Years of Rape and Murder [e-book]
    • Edna Buchanan
    • A Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist gets inside the mind of a serial killer-and uncovers what makes truly evil men kill. His crimes were unconscionable. Robert Frederick Carr III kidnapped fifteen people, raped and tortured most, and... More info...
    • (Pub. Date: 08-Dec-2015, EPUB+DRM, Publisher: Diversion Books, ISBN-13: 9781626812505)
    • Price: 3,84 EUR (Normal price: 5,49 EUR)

Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

2. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Dealing with a Cyber Stalker & Cyber Bully / "Soapbox-Momster-Cyber Stalker of the Abyss." Don A. Holbrook (SMOTJ)

Biography & True Stories - Books - Krisostomus

• 17. Soapbox-Momster: Cyber Stalker of the Abyss [e-book]
    • Don A Holbrook
    • The story of a very ugly cyber stalker and bully that extorts men and women for her own perverse pleasure and then extorts money from them to live her own lavish lifestyle. She taunts, tortures and torments her vicitims and ruins their lives... More info...
    • (Pub. Date: 25-Dec-2015, EPUB+DRM, Publisher: Don Allen Holbrook LLC., ISBN-13: 9781513608273)
    • Price: 0,74 EUR (Normal price: 1,10 EUR)

Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

4. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don Allen Holbrook was humiliated in Ohio court. Why would he risk facing suit in Dallas, TX? State law and his extensive contacts here could prove to be problematic for him.

His victims from his losing bull run in Ohio spent a pretty penny on attorney fees. Can pauper / bankrupt Holbrook afford to fight a complicated suit in Dallas?

He should have researched me carefully before he published that death threat and murder plan that he tried to couch as fiction. I have spent my share of time in court. Digital Media Law explains, "For example, stating that "in my opinion, the mayor killed her husband" is not likely to be a protected opinion." Does he think he can couch non-fiction material, threats and libel as a fiction book?

Love some Bunny! I do!

6. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sent: Monday, January 04, 2016 5:29 PM
    To: Heather Dobrott
    Subject: Re: Formal Complaint Against IEDC CEcD and Fellow Member Don Allen Holbrook Part 1

Dear Ms. Dobrott,

In doing my preliminary review I've discovered that Don Holbrook's membership and CEcD status lapsed a few years ago. He is no longer a member of IEDC (and therefore no longer a Fellow Member) and no longer holds the CEcD designation. We currently have no relationship with Don Holbrook and so cannot put this case in front of our Committee on Professional Conduct.

Best regards,

Tracy

Tracy Kitts
    Chief Administrative Officer
    International Economic Development Council (IEDC)
    Main: (202) 223-7800 | Direct: (202) 942-9484
    tkitts@iedconline.org | www.iedconline.org

Love some Bunny! I do!

8. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

More from Don Allen Holbrook's egregious book:

Love some Bunny! I do!

10. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^^
    My impression:

Creepy perhaps, yes ... but no sign of testicles producing the testosterone required to be dangerous.

SD

"No one in this world, so far as I know - and I have researched the records for years, and employed agents to help me - has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people" - H. L. Mencken

Post Thanks / Like

"the observer" implies a single observer, whereas "themselves" implies more than one. Not exactly a masterpiece is it? ( I had heard that Donny worked on a fishing boat for a time...worked his way up to master baiter!
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

13. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don Allen Holbrook says:

What a trip. This delusional person believes this to be a death threat. That is absurd and just shows she is so self-absorbed that she doesn't relate to reality. See my article on Psychopath versus Sociopath and cast your own opinion on which one this cyber stalker, Bully and Troll called Soapboxmom really falls under. The book is a fictional story inspired by my own experience dealing with people such as this social deviant and malevolent misfit in society. But the story itself is pure fiction and only a real genuine certifiable lunatic would believe such a story is some kind of death threat... however her bantering will at least sell a ton of books for me and hey who knows it might turn into a lifetime movie and really create some spotlight on these horrible people that use the internet to stalk and harm people. The intent of the book was to shine the light of social justice on this issue and that is the only intent of this book other than to be commercially very successful. I don't see how it can fail with this crazy troll helping it become more popular by the hour. The positive comments and reviews are pouring in so I am convinced I hit a very solid social media nerve with this book, which is also a very good objective. Sorry Soapboxmom you are not under any threat of physical harm by me or any of the fictional characters in my book. LMAO
    Making criminal allegations (stalking) without an ounce of documentation.

Soapboxmom says:

You chose not to file a lawsuit in Texas after Ohio tossed you out of court though you continually threatened numerous bloggers (many of which were Texas taxpayers) online. So, you are lying when you say you didn't have legal recourse. Do you think taxpayers out 24 million on the failed Earthquest international destination theme park should be thanking you for emptying the vault? You bragged that the Texas Rangers would pick up all the bloggers including me for the court date. Of course, any well-educated reader will never buy one of your books or do business with you as they know full well the Texas Rangers don't have any involvement in civil court cases. So, again after all the bluster and threats, why did you not file a lawsuit in Texas in 2012 or 2013?

That book is factual. No one wants to hear about your economic development failures and read about your never ending meltdowns. You also advertised that you were booted from the IEDC and as they confirmed in writing, you are no longer a Fellow Member (FM) or a Certified Economic Developer (CEcD). For you to continue to use those designations is fraudulent. You haven't had a major project come to fruition in a decade.

Many journalists, bloggers and I exposed your entire history as an Economic Developer and you are exploding with rage because the tax dollar gravy train has ended. Public funds = public scrutiny. And, your allegations of cyber stalking are criminal allegations that have no basis in fact. Reading and quoting numerous archived and recent newspaper articles, court papers, meeting minutes of public entities and your online meltdowns etc. hardly equates to cyber stalking.

Your readers needn't spend a dime on the book. Your public meltdowns and threats are all over the world wide web for free.

Love some Bunny! I do!

15. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Holbrook is begging. I tweeted inviting everyone to get the real story here for free. Please share!

Love some Bunny! I do!

17. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Holbrook admits he is stalking me publicly:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/sho...Allen_Holbrook
    “The Internet has spawned an abusive malevolent platform that cyber stalkers and trolls can use to harm people in the real world and ruin their victims lives forever with their permanent posts. Cyberspace can also be used to hunt those that prey on innocent people, so that those who live by the malicious words may also feel the repugnant feeling of being stalked and hunted even in their own false sense of anonymity.”
    Don Allen Holbrook

tags: soapbox-momster
    0 likes
    “Cyberspace or the Abyss of social media has no hiding place that technology cannot find anyone who seeks to hide their identity... so be careful what you say it may hunt and haunt you forever in the real world.”
    Don Allen Holbrook, The Immortal Flaw: A Modern Twist on Frankenstein
    tags: cyber-stalker
    0 like

Love some Bunny! I do!

19. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love some Bunny! I do!

21. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Laurie Holbrook might want to bail and get her half while she still can. Holbrook may land himself in court for the umpteenth time:

Rights of Writers: Could I Be Liable for Libel in Fiction?

How do you avoid defaming someone with your works of fiction?

1. Don't use your published work to settle scores with others.

3. Don't use a name for your villain that echoes or conjures up the name of a real person on whom the character is based.

7. Remember that businesses and organizations can be defamed, too; so take care to avoid the false implication that an identifiable real entity has engaged in bad acts.

8. If you have doubts or concerns about the way you have modeled a character after a living person, raise them with your editor or the publisher's in-house attorney before the work goes to press.
    How to Use Real People in Your Writing Without Ending Up in Court

A defamatory statement must contain sufficient information to lead a reasonable person (other than the target) to identify the target.

Causes reputational harm:
    The statement must be more than offensive, insulting, or inflammatory. It must “tend to bring the subject into public hatred, ridicule, contempt, or negatively affect its business or occupation.”

Made With Actual Malice or Negligence:
    If the target is a public official or a public figure, then the plaintiff must prove the statement was made with actual knowledge that it was false or with a reckless disregard for the truth.

Misappropriation of the Right of Publicity
    Using someone’s likeness, name, or identifying information for advertising, promotional, or commercial purposes may get you sued. Whether the person is a private individual or public figure, you would be liable for damages, including punitive damages.

• Rely on publicly-disclosed information, such as court documents and news reports wherever possible. Court filings are a rich source of juicy information.
    • If you are writing a “getting even” book (to get back at a parent, spouse, boss, or someone else who made your life miserable), write the manuscript with passion, then put it aside for months, or even years. Then will you be better able to mask your character and make it universal. Better yet, wait until your target has passed away.

Don’t assume no one will go after you because you have no money. If you peeve someone enough, you may awake one morning to a process server banging on your door.
    • Engage an attorney to review your manuscript.
    • Always reach for the truth when writing—it’s the best defense.
    • How to Use Celebrities & Other Real People in Your Story

And although regular folks may not have lawyers lined up to protect them, some people will sue if they find themselves depicted as a character in a book.

Legal Questions Answered by Publishing Experts
      Here’s a run-down of a few techniques that can minimize the chance of getting sued for libel in fiction: (a) disclaim; (b) disassociate the doppelgänger from its real-life counterpart; (c) depict but do not disparage; and (d) verify facts, as truth is a complete defense to libel. Or, wait for the real-life counterpart to die before publishing your novel, as neither the deceased nor their estate can commence a defamation lawsuit....

There’s also publisher liability insurance......
    • For a novel to be actionable, its detail must be convincing. The description of the fictional character must be so closely aligned with a real person that someone who knows that person would have no difficulty linking the two. And, there must be an implicit belief that what the novelist wrote – despite her denials or disclaimers – was true.
    • in 2009 a Georgia court awarded a plaintiff $100,000 in damages because of a fictional portrayal of her in the bestselling novel, The Hat Club by Haywood Smith. The plaintiff sued the author (her former friend) because she was falsely depicted in the novel as a sexually promiscuous alcoholic who also drank on the job. From a libel defense perspective, this drawn-from-life portrayal failed, in part, because the author included personal characteristics that made the plaintiff recognizable, and mixed them with other traits that were false and defamatory, but still believable.
    Legal Issues in Self-Publishing: What Authors Need to KnowÂ*|Â*Bernard Starr
    But there is one domain that self-published authors rarely think about, which mainstream publishers have traditionally managed: legal issues.

If you self-publish, you are the publisher and thus assume all the legal responsibilities....portrayals of real people in fictional works.....

If you state a fact you know is untrue, that may cause the famous person harm, and that most people will tend to believe, that's over the line.
    Publishing FAQ | Publishlawyer.com
    faq/#Q_May_I_use_real_people_or_characters_based_on_re al_people_in_my_writing

Q. May I use real people, or characters based on real people, in my writing?

A. Well, maybe. When you write about real, live people you expose yourself to legal liability? even if you tell the truth. And simply changing the names is no solution if the person can be identified by circumstances, appearance, or setting. Yes, disclaimers may help, but you can’t rely on them. Let’s take a quick look at the law of defamation, privacy, and the right of publicity:

Defamation. Defamation is written or spoken injury to the reputation of a living person or organization. Injury to reputation generally is considered to be exposure to hatred, contempt, ridicule, or financial loss. Libel is the written act of defamation; slander is the spoken act. Whether libel or slander, the defamation must be “published” – communicated to someone other than the subject of the defamation. Truth IS an absolute defense to defamation: if what you say is true, it cannot be defamatory. Another defense to defamation is proving that the statement was an opinion, not an assertion of a fact. In fiction writing, a publisher can be liable for a defamatory statement only upon a showing of negligence, and public figures have an even higher standard: they must show that the defamatory statement was published with “actual malice.”

Right of Privacy. Privacy law consists of four distinct “torts” or legal wrongs: intrusion upon seclusion; appropriation of name or likeness; public disclosure of private facts; and publicity placing a person in a false light. Generally only the latter two — public disclosure of private facts, and “false light,” are relevant for writers.
  23. Holbrook babbles:
    Dealing with a Cyber Stalker & Cyber Bully

Dec 25, 2015

Today I have released my latest fiction novel entitled, "Soapbox-Momster-Cyber Stalker of the Abyss." It was inspired by my own dealings with a real life cyber bully who uses an online handle (Soapboxmom) to stalk, harass and defame people online in order to get her own perverse pleasure. She dedicates nearly all her waking hours to seeking out victims and then tormenting them online. She does not work regularly because she cannot fit into normal society. Her husband is an executive at a major company in Dallas Texas that does online security for networks as part of their work. She obviously has been taught some skills by her husband, who plays dumb to his wife's activity. I tried to restrain her through the legal system, but the legal system has not kept up with the online world, so that was not possible. I tried to sue her for her defamatory comments but again you cannot sue her in the state of the damages if she lives somewhere else. So after being totally frustrated and unable to get legal address and restitution for her actions and her stalking of my family, friends, and my clients so much that it ruined my life emotionally, socially and financially, I decided to do what author's do. I decided to write about this issue and create some examples of how this huge social problem has been created by not having proper law and order on the Internet. Social media for all it's good points has just as many dark areas and bad uses. The cyber bullies, stalkers and psychopaths such as my own stalker have found a new medium from which to practice their craft of tormenting and harming their victims for their own malevolent pleasure and malicious fun. They feel empowered by their anonymous abilities. These people do not fit into normal mainstream society because they cannot co-mingle without giving into their own thirst to harm others for their only means of pleasure and feeling important. They often justify their attacks seeing themselves as some kind of social media investigative reporter, but that is not the case, they are not trained journalists that write impartially and without bias and even if they had the true facts they discount or discredit them because it does not fit into their own views. So there is no dealing with them logically. I felt the best way to deal with them is to use their own beloved tools to show them how it feels to be brought out into the light of day as mainstream monsters and deviants and psychopaths that truly need to be dealt with politically first to create laws that do not allow them to hide and continue their tormenting and also to create law enforcement professionals that can track them down and bring them to justice and provide a means of restitution to their victims. But until that time, I decided to write a fictional story about how sometimes the victims might tire of this torment and turn the tables on their stalkers and make the hunter the hunted and the prey.

I hope you enjoy my new novel dedicated to exposing the severe gravity of this issue.

24. Good luck with this Holbrook.

Love some Bunny! I do!
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

• Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Parcel Number: 104-35-065 Owner: HOLBROOK DON A Ownership Type: Mailing Address: 9200 DALMAHOY PL LAS VEGAS, NV 89145 Site Address: 2230 PALO VERDE BLVD N, LAKE HAVASU CITY 86404 Current Tax Bill: Click here GIS Map: Click here
    Previous Year Current Year Future Year
    Tax Year 2014 2015 2016
    Tax Area 2571 2571 2571
    Land Value $23,700 $27,004 $35,087
    Improvement Value $127,226 $142,320 $163,688
    Full Cash Value $150,926 $169,324 $198,775
    Assessed Full Cash Value $15,093 $16,932 $19,878
    Limited Valued $150,926 $158,472 $166,396
    Assessed Limited Value $15,093 $15,847 $16,639
    Value Method Market Market Market
    Exempt Amount $0 $0 $0
    Exempt Type
    Assessor Use Code 0131-SFR-010-3 URBAN-SUBDIVID 0131-SFR-010-3 URBAN-SUBDIVID 0131-SFR-010-3 URBAN-SUBDIVID
    Assessment Ratio 10.0 10.0 10.0
    Assessor Description Information
    The Mohave County Assessor accepts no liability for the accuracy or completeness of the description provided. The description may not include all information. This description is for assessment purposes only.

Parcel Size 0.32 acre
    Township 14N
    Range 20W
    Section 27
    Assessor Description TRACT: 2180 LAKE HAVASU CITY TR 2180 SEC 27 & 34 BLK 5 LOT 10
    Improvement Data
    This page only includes main structures (i.e. single family home, mobile home, etc.). It does not list garages,
    detached buildings, porches, etc.

Year Description Construction Type Year Built Stories SF Imp #
    2016 Single Family Residential 1995 1.00 1796 1
    2015 Single Family Residential 1995 1.00 1796 1
    2014 Single Family Residential 1995 1.00 1796 1
    Last Sale Information
    MULTIPLE SALES: If a sales affidavit is recorded with one sales price for two or more parcels, we cannot make a decision on the breakdown of the price of each parcel in the sale. Our records will reflect the full sales price on each parcel. It is up to whomever is inquiring to check the sales affidavit with the Recorders Office (Phone: 928-753-0701) to see if the sale involves more than one parcel. If you want our records to reflect individual sales prices, then you need to be sure to record separate deeds and sales affidavits for each parcel.

Sale Price $173,000
    Sale Date 10/08/2002
    Recorded Instr Type WD
    Fee Number 2002068415
    Holbrook's vacation second home has no homestead exemption, so if he gets a judgment against him he might have to kiss this luxury home goodbye.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/libel-in-fiction

Arts and First Amendment

Libel in fiction

David L. Hudson Jr.
    First Amendment Scholar

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

We all know instinctively what libel or defamation is — making false statements of fact that harm another’s reputation. For example, if I falsely write that John Smith committed a crime, then I have libeled him. I have harmed his reputation by accusing him of doing something bad that he didn’t do.

However, what if I write a fictional story from my own experiences about a student who feels harassed by an overbearing teacher named Mrs. Jones? The inspiration for my creative writing comes from my own experiences in dealing with an actual teacher named Mrs. Smith. In my story, I ascribe many unflattering attributes to my character-teacher Mrs. Jones. Could Mrs. Smith (assuming she’s still living) sue me for defamation, alleging that she has been defamed by my depictions of my fictional Mrs. Jones? Can she sue me even if the work has a disclaimer, clearly stating the work is fiction?
    The surprising answer is maybe. Sometimes, creators of fictional works are sued by persons who claim that certain characters in the stories refer to them and defame them....

It might seem counterintuitive that a person could be sued for fiction. Julie Hilden, an attorney and author who writes for Findlaw.com, explains in a column: “First, fiction does not make a ‘statement’ in the sense that nonfiction does. A ‘statement’ makes an assertion about the real world, whereas fiction describes a different world that does not really exist.”...

“If you have to go through very expensive discovery and the case cannot be dealt with by a motion to dismiss, then you’re talking about a lot of money and expense,” Berman said...

Judge Robert D. Sack of the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, author of the defamation treatise, Sack on Defamation: Libel, Slander and Related Problems, describes when a libel suit might result from a work of fiction:
    “Where the defendant invents defamatory dialogue or other defamatory details in what purports to be nonfiction, uses actual people as fictional characters, or bases fictional characters on living persons but fails sufficiently to disguise the characters, so that the fictional characters are understood to be ‘of and concerning’ their living models, liability for libel may result.”
    Even if the work contains a disclaimer stating that it’s fictional, a libel claim can still arise. However, plaintiffs must clear certain hurdles. In order to state an actionable claim for defamation, a plaintiff must show: publication, defamatory meaning, false statement, identification and damages. In libel suits arising out of fiction, arguably the toughest hurdle for plaintiffs to clear is the identification, or “it’s me” requirement. The plaintiff must establish that it is the plaintiff being defamed. In libel-law lingo, this is called the “of and concerning” requirement. Harvard law professor Frederick Schauer has called the “of and concerning” requirement “the centerpiece of litigation involving fiction.”

This does not mean that the entire world must understand that the fictional character identifies the plaintiff. It doesn’t even mean that the fictional character must have the same name as the plaintiff. What matters is whether people who know the plaintiff can understand that the character was meant to depict the plaintiff. “It is not necessary that all the world should understand the libel,” a New York court wrote in 1836. “It is sufficient if those who knew the plaintiff can make out that he is the person meant.”...

However, sometimes the depiction of a character too closely resembles a real person. A 1991 short story published in Seventeen magazine referred to a teenage character named “Bryson” as a “slut.” Unfortunately for the publisher a former high school classmate of the author with the last name of Bryson sued the magazine for defamation. “The fact that the author used the plaintiff’s actual name makes it reasonable that third persons would interpret the story as referring to the plaintiff despite the fictional label,” the Supreme Court of Illinois wrote in Bryson v. News America Publications, Inc...

Conclusion
    It may seem odd that a plaintiff can sue for defamation in fiction because defamation requires the making of false statements of facts about a real person. By its very nature, fiction implies that something is at least partially in someone’s imagination or a creation from someone’s mind.
    Libel-in-fiction plaintiffs face some tough hurdles to clear in advancing their claims. They must establish that the works of fiction were “of and concerning” or about them. Sometimes meeting this requirement can be tough, particularly when there are significant differences between a plaintiff and a character in an expressive work.

Another hurdle in some cases is that the publisher or author must be understood as making actual statements of fact about the plaintiff. In cases of satire or parody, a writer may intentionally exaggerate or distort the truth to make a point. A court may determine that the expressive work is not defamatory because it cannot reasonably be understood as stating actual facts about the plaintiff.

Despite these protections, creators of expressive work sometimes face expensive lawsuits. “It does seem that there are more of these types of suits now,” Berman says. “Or perhaps it is just that the media covers them more and gives them a higher profile.”

https://www.ibpa-online.org/article/...el-in-fiction/

First-time novelists, as in our situation, are notorious for using people and events from their own lives, insufficiently disguised, in their novels.

If the antagonist is treated as a likable character, you are not likely to be sued for libel. However, if the individual is treated as a malevolent character who performs nefarious deeds, then the likelihood of suit becomes greater. Assuming that our author is not using the antagonist to create a likable character, it becomes all the more important to sufficiently disguise the fact that he is the basis of the character. Changes in name, physical description, geographical setting, job function or title, and real events are all ways to make an individual sufficiently unidentifiable. But you must make certain that the features used to disguise the antagonist are not themselves defamatory. In other words, if you have disguised him as a physically repulsive man when he is a handsome one, the disguise itself may be defamatory.

You may notice that I have not inquired whether this person is a public official, a public figure, or a private individual. Practically speaking, the need to sufficiently disguise the individual who is the inspiration for the antagonist remains the same in any of those categories.
    https://books.google.com/books?id=Zs...iction&f=false

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jan 08, 2016 Don Holbrook added it
    I am obviously biased as I am the author, but I will say this. While this story is 100% fictional it was inspired by my own interaction with a very dark and ugly person that I found stalking me and creating defamatory posts to harm me financially, emotionally and socially. She was and remains today the most malevolent and malicious cyber space troll or stalker and bully I have ever personally encountered. I really had no idea such horrible people existed and even more shocking was how ill prepared and ineffective our legal system is to deal with their cyber crimes. I hope you enjoy my fictional story of how a group of victims band together to take the law into their own hands and settle the score in the real world with a fictional cyber stalker and troll. (less)

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, seems like Donny's a$$ is hanging in the breeze if "momster" decides to sue...lol!
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any better. One would be under the assumption the in-house attorney for BlubberButt's publisher would need a little help with this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Don Holbrook - Amazon.JPG

Don Holbrook is currently claiming on Amazon that he is a fellow member of the International Economic Development Council.

We all know that's rubbish.

http://www.realscam.com/f11/don-alle...html#post95351

He also claims that he's a best selling author, but I don't see any of his books on Amazon's Best Sellers list.

If Holbrook is genuinely interested in defending his honor, integrity, and reputation, why doesn't he try telling the truth?

• Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

State of Nevada says:
    TWO KNIGHTS ONE HORSE PRODUCTIONS LLC

Business Entity Information
    Type: Domestic Limited-Liability Company Entity Number: E0561782015-1
    Qualifying State: NV List of Officers Due: 1/31/2016
    Managed By: Managing Members Expiration Date:
    NV Business ID: NV20151711544 Business License Exp:

Registered Agent Information
    Name: LEGALINC CORPORATE SERVICES INC. Address 1: 1810 E SAHARA AVE STE 214
    Address 2: City: LAS VEGAS
    State: NV Zip Code: 89104
    Phone: Fax:
    Mailing Address 1: Mailing Address 2:
    Mailing City: Mailing State: NV
    Mailing Zip Code:
    Agent Type: Commercial Registered Agent - Corporation
    Jurisdiction: NEVADA Status: Active
    View all business entities under this registered agent

Financial Information
    No Par Share Count: 0 Capital Amount: $ 0
    No stock records found for this company

Officers Include Inactive Officers
    No active officers found for this company

Amazon says:
    Product Details

• File Size: 352 KB
    • Print Length: 148 pages
    • Publisher: Two Knights One Horse Publishing; 1 edition (December 25, 2015)
    • Publication Date: December 25, 2015
    • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
    • Language: English
    • ASIN: B019PKW53K
    The Two Knights One Horse Publishing doesn't exist as a registered business. No doubt Holbrook is self-publishing his poorly written abusive trash. That likely means no LLC or publisher with insurance to protect him. Glad he has assets that can be grabbed by creditors. He is a total fool!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don Holbrook 29 minutes ago
    This is the book trailer for my new FICTION based book series about Cyber Stalkers and Social Media criminals. The idea came me after I had a run in myself with some of these crazy online folks. The book was inspired by how frustrating it was to deal with them and their cyber base thug leader so I decided to write a story from the victims perspective and provide some comic and adventure based good story telling to let off some of my own frustrations with the huge problem online. The laws have not kept up with these issues and eventually that will hopefully be changed to allow victims proper restitution so such actions as portrayed in this book don't become a real world outlet for such victims of these cyber creeps. Contrary to some crazy online posts this is not at all related to my own stalker and no it is not some kind of pre-meditated death threat or plan to do any actual harm to any real living person... it is pure fiction, but great story telling. The fact that some people have reacted vehemently against it just means I struck a nerve in the social media world with my portrayal of how creepy and malicious they really are in real life. happy reading. Here is a link to the website on Amazon:
    Good luck with that:

Title: Soapbox-Momster:Cyber Stalker of the Abyss.

Main character: Heather Soapbox Momma

Judge Robert D. Sack of the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, author of the defamation treatise, Sack on Defamation: Libel, Slander and Related Problems, describes when a libel suit might result from a work of fiction:
    “Where the defendant invents defamatory dialogue or other defamatory details in what purports to be nonfiction, uses actual people as fictional characters, or bases fictional characters on living persons but fails sufficiently to disguise the characters, so that the fictional characters are understood to be ‘of and concerning’ their living models, liability for libel may result.”
    Even if the work contains a disclaimer stating that it’s fictional, a libel claim can still arise.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Soapbox-Momster

Don Holbrook

Published on Dec 25, 2015
    The fictional story of how a group of victims of a cyber stalker, extortionist and blackmailer and cyber bully organized themselves to get their own version of revenge against their tormenter. This story is fictional but it was inspired by the author's own dealings with a malevolent cyber bully and stalker and the legal systems failure to keep up with the online world and society. The Internet (Abyss) is dangerous and has a dark side. People can post and claim that their statements are factual when they are simply innuendo and made up beliefs of the stalker not factual at all. The problem is those posts are permanent and they can ruin someone's life, real world social status, professional ability to earn a living and create real world problems that become permanent and aren't true at all. This story gives all those victims of such malicious and psychopaths some restitution by being able to believe that maybe at some point these cyber stalkers and bullies will finally get what is coming to them.

Don Allen Holbrook hasn't identified a false statement of fact and filed in court. After being tossed in in Ohio, Holbrook was afraid to file in Texas where he would have had jurisdiction, so the law works great for those with a legitimate cause of action, but not failed developers trying to silence taxpayers.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Music

Does Holbrook have permission to use that music? I contacted the composer to inquire.

https://www.facebook.com/Reid-Willis-114705565219055/

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Though I am sure this is way over Holbrook's head, he should have read it and spoken to an experienced First Amendment litigator before he published that trash.

http://ir.lawnet.fordham.edu/cgi/vie...41&context=flr

As a defendant in a libel and defamation case, his family could face hundreds of thousands in legal bills.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love some Bunny! I do!

• Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast