Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Don A. Holbrook (SMOTJ) Soapbox-Momster-Cyber Stalker of the Abyss." / Knights Templar Movie Scam

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Dealing with a Cyber Stalker & Cyber Bully / "Soapbox-Momster-Cyber Stalker of the Abyss." Don A. Holbrook (SMOTJ)

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,551,499 in Books (See Top 100 in Books) has now turned into Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,574,738 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

The kindle # is plummeting as well. When Holbrook is no longer buying them by the boatload to give away that number will be catastrophically embarrassing for him as well.

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #192,770 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

The this book will be Holbrook's historic plunge into nothingness and another colossal failure.
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

2. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Dealing with a Cyber Stalker & Cyber Bully / "Soapbox-Momster-Cyber Stalker of the Abyss." Don A. Holbrook (SMOTJ)

The paperback rank continues to plummet into the abyss:

#1,599,190 in Books

I bet the Kindle sales are mostly his giveaways in a desperate attempt to get this lie-filled abusive garbage on the map.
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

4. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post

#1,599,190 in Books

I bet the Kindle sales are mostly his giveaways in a desperate attempt to get this lie-filled abusive garbage on the map.
    It seems rather obvious that a major part of his problem is listening to "friends", when he should listen to those he perceives as enemies to get a truer assessment of his character!
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

6. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

Attachment 12906

Attachment 12905
    All that fact based drivel is right out of Don Allen Holbrook's book Soapbox-Momster: Cyber Stalker of the Abyss.
    Social Media Trolls Engagement Tactic
    Don Allen Holbrook
    Jan 20, 2016

This morning I had an interesting conversation with one of my close friends in Texas. I thought I would share this conversation because it underscores a very deep rooted issue on the web related to social media.

As many of you know I have been stalked and bullied and trolled for the past four years by a woman who goes by the name Heather Dobrott and uses up to 7 different online personslities I've been told by security experts. Her most used alias I know of is Soapboxmom.

My recent fiction novella called Soapbox-Momster Cyber Stalker of the Abyss released Christmas 2015 was inspired by what I learned of this huge social media issue myself. While the book is not about her and none of incidents in my story are related to her either. She is posting everywhere on the Internet to the contrary, but that is not factual.

Authors write books from their observations and how things inspire your creativity. I chose to take a very stressful situation and react with a positive action, to write a fiction book that is fun to read and still raises awareness of this travesty within our legal syste, the lack of laws that allow victims of these predators to seek legal restitution and law enforcement to halt such actions. Are police are very aware of this problem and very empathetic but unable to address due to this lack of law and establishment of jurisdiction for online predator crimes.

This past week many of my friends reporting getting highly fraudulent statements about me that cast my character in a very poor light, one which is completely false. So now since my book has come out I am bring attacked by this online bully and stalker as well as my friends and she attacks my book fans reviews on Amazon. She is a very disturbed person.

One of my friends also has now encountered someone trying to impersonate the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, also claiming to know me. Here is what I shared with her.

Typical social media troll and stalker they live in an imaginary world where unlike the real world they feel they are important. They create that world to project who they wish they were but are too inept to have created by their own actions, integrity and character. I have found That they justify any means to their actions as necessary because those that don't agree are either uninformed idiots or bad people. It's also called Hero syndrome they of course are the misunderstood hero going what's right against all odds.

In reality they are delusional self absorbed misfits that are also laced with DNA fueled by sociopath genetic code and a moral compass built on pathological lying. They are very difficult to deal with and only behavior science experts have any hope of addressing their real mental and emotional issues.

In addition they may create multiple fake online personas so that it appears they have others that support their opinion so that normal people are falsely misled into thinking others share their own warped sentiments as being credible and factual. Be careful how you engage them though because in some small percentage of the times they also lash out in the real world physically if they cross the line of real versus made up so much that they believe their own fantasy... then they act on that fantasy and it becomes very dangerous.

I also found another very credible and useful website that is full of awesome information that anyone being subjected to these heinous acts by very malicious people should know about.
    "Cyberstalking is the use of Information and Communications Technology to stalk and refers to a pattern of threatening or malicious behaviors. Cyberstalking may be considered the most dangerous of the three types of information and communications technology harassment, based on posing a credible threat of harm. Legal sanctions range from misdemeanors to felonies and vary by state.

Cyber Harassment differs from Cyberstalking in that it is not involving a credible physical threat. Cyber harassment usually pertains to threatening or harassing messages using Information and Communications Technology to torment an individual, group or organization. Some states approach cyber harassment by including language addressing electronic communications in general harassment laws, while others have created stand-alone cyber harassment statutes.

Cyberbullying and cyber harassment are sometimes used interchangeably, but cyber bullying is used for electronic harassment or bullying among minors. Recent cyber bullying legislation reflects a trend of making school districts the policy enforcers of cyber bullying. As a result, statutes establish the infrastructure for schools to handle this issue by amending existing school anti-bullying policies to include cyber bullying and cyber harassment among school age children. The majority of these state laws establish sanctions for all forms of cyber bullying on school property, school buses and official school functions."

Visit the website at: https://www.ipredator.co/cyberstalking-facts/

Holbrook has the intellect of a head of cabbage. He is rambling on about himself in the book. "In reality they are delusional self absorbed misfits," Holbrook quips, when in fact that he is describing himself perfectly. "He was a site location and public incentive strategist...a board member of the most prestigious international economic development organization in Washington, DC," he writes of the character that is his embodiment. I was one of many that filed numerous complaints with various law enforcement agencies and that did brig the FBI and Texas Rangers in to investigate Earthquest.

Earthquest: Sinkhole for residents’ taxes? - Your Houston News: News
    But with resident concerns that EarthQuest may never happen – even after receiving $7.8 million in bond money and $2.5 million from EMCID, McCrady said – Sadler is cautioning McCrady about his role in continuing to fire the hopes of East County residents and business owners over the promise of EarthQuest.

“Having been a department head of real estate at a major Houston bank for 12 years, I have always been supportive of this project, yet skeptical of its viability for a number of reasons,” Sadler wrote in a letter Wednesday to McCrady.

“There has never been a lender, bank, investment banker or the like who has stepped up to the plate to fund this project. To the best of my knowledge, there has never been an individual or corporation with the ‘credit’ or financial statement to make a project of this scope and size become a reality.

“In short, the entirety of this project has been nothing but photos, renderings and dreams funded with taxpayer dollars.”

Sadler concludes his letter by advising McCrady “that I would not continue advocating this project or addressing the media that ‘this project will happen’ unless and until the above two questions can be answered with clarity and with certain assurances.”

EarthQuest is “busted,” Sadler said. “I’ve been following this for five years; I could have written this a year ago. Hell, enough is enough. It’s unbelievable.”

Sadler said he also has advised McCrady to quit spending money on EarthQuest until an investment banker steps forward.

He also has sent some information regarding EarthQuest to the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office, he said.

“Anytime something is brought to the attention of the Texas Rangers or the Public Integrity Division of the District Attorney’s Office, this office has a duty to investigate,” District Attorney Brett Ligon said about EarthQuest and EMCID’s involvement. “We have been receiving information from not only the county judge but other members of the community regarding what they believe is conduct considered to be questionable.”
    FBI investigating EMCID - Monday, October 01, 2012 - Copyright 2013 Ourtribune.com
    Monday, October 01, 2012

Cynthia Calvert
    The FBI is investigating the East Montgomery County Improvement District, its administrators and some board members. Based on a series of investigative reports by this newspaper, which revealed millions of dollars spent on controversial items, along with equally controversial practices involving the creation of EarthQuest, a dinosaur theme park, The Tribune has learned that the FBI served federal grand jury subpoenas several weeks ago to those close to EMCID. While the complete list is unknown at this time, CEO Frank McCrady, EMCID staff members Suzanne Parmer and Sandy Seelye, and EMCID Board members Leon Cubillas, Leonard Rodgers, Isidor Ybarra, Connie Bloodworth, Vickie Thumann, Sue Rinehart, Linda Floyd and Fred Wetz have all been apprised of the investigation, with some receiving subpoenas..... The Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office and the Texas Rangers also are involved in the investigation.......The attorneys, one of whom introduced himself as the former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District, went on to say the FBI has requested numerous documents including credit card statements, board meeting minutes, contracts, etc. The attorneys said they were representing the board and the staff but warned that if anyone were to get criminal charges filed against them, they will have to hire their own attorney. The Tribune has learned that EMCID has hired prominent Houston lawyer Rusty Hardin, who, according to his website, represents “major corporations, public agencies and high-profile individuals in both civil and criminal litigation.” EMCID has spent more than $100,000 in taxpayer dollars in the last two months, with more than $75,000 going to Hardin alone. Several additional law firms have also been paid thousands of dollars. Previously, The Tribune noted that EMCID legal counsel David Marks receives more than $350,000 annually from EMCID......

You bet I e-mailed all of the IEDC (International Economic Development Association) board members about their then fellow board member and obvious scammer, Don Allen Holbrook. He describes those board members as "folks (that) were less than professionally trained and equipped to handle such situations so that they actually bought into the accusations she made...and asked for his resignation from their board of directors... His professional reputation was destroyed"

The IEDC should have taken action against Holbrook years ago. Now, he has the gall to denigrate them publicly. Jeff Finkle's covering for this lying, litigious and abusive goon for years has totally sullied the IEDC's once sterling reputation. Jeff Finkle must go and the IEDC must take decisive action against this clown that uses their credentials fraudulently and has sullied their name by deceiving clients for 25 years.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love some Bunny! I do!

8. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How to Value our Economic Impact as a Professional Economic Developer?

20 Friday Apr 2012
    Posted by economicdeveloper in Professional Economic Development Ethics & Conduct, The Dark Side of Social Media & the Internet

I would say that anyone in our industry of economic development is normally not the most beloved person of the media, because we recommend the invest of taxpayers monies in order to create the right atmosphere for these types of outcomes to occur. If they were going to occur naturally I think the outcome would already be well down the road. Thus it takes strategic thinkers, visionary leaders, and supporters that want a better tomorrow to agree on taking some form of calculated risk at the expense of their constituents. For sure these are not easy decisions to make. But over the course of a lifetime of service to our profession we do learn the most efficient process for getting to the nub of the matter and making hard choices. Usually those of us in this public spectacle get our fair share of naysayers and critics. With the advent of bloggers we sure draw in many cases our share of unwarranted abuse by uninformed and sometimes malicious and usually people who had no experience and/or involvement in the actual projects being discussed, they are just arm chair experts, with no experience themselves in being game changers, and adding measurable value to our society. Perhaps that is why we draw their negative attention so much.

None the less, one of my biggest questions is so where has the mighty guru the oz of economic development or sometimes even more cynical faux names like the Johnny Appleseed of economic development, gotten the right to proclaim his expertise? Then they use such (alleged slams) like saying that my books are self-published inferring that this means they are not well read and popular amongst my peers. When in actuality my books have sold well and that has been what has propelled my consulting business and my public speaking engagements.
    But finally what is frustrating and irritating and what makes me angry is when they devalue my awards, certifications and accolades given to me over my time of service. They make comments that I am a self-proclaimed expert. This gives no validity to my certifications as a Master Business Retention Consultant, Certified Economic Developer, Certified Economic Development Finance Professional, my life time achievement award given to me by my peers at IEDC allowing me to be called a “Fellow Member,” or ignoring my projects that have won the Governor’s award in Minnesota as the Economic Development Project of the Year, “New Flyer Industries.” The New Flyer project so transformed the Minnesota economy that it created the number one automotive industry in Minnesota and attracted yet another expansion by the company in St. Cloud.......

So when I consider the number of projects I have been involved in from South St. Paul MN, Crookston, MN, Red Wing, MN, Verizon Telecommunications national subject matter expert on economic development targeted foundation investments, Wayne County, IN and then consulting literally all over the world these past 6 years, it can be a very huge number......

So after yet another barrage of naysayers and even an attack on my ethics and conduct related to my work in our industry. They even sent all my professional board colleagues a nasty set of invalid media articles from the less than the main stream media and based mainly on blogger commentaries, citing that I should be somehow ashamed of my accolades, my conduct in achieving my results, and somehow accusing me of breaking our official code of ethics....While I feel such malicious and defamatory bloggers will never be capable of accepting the truth or admitting they were wrong in their comments and accusations.
    Attachment 12909
    Attachment 12910

Tell us again that the book is fiction, Holbrook!

Love some Bunny! I do!

10. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

EarthQuest's Don Holbrook Sued by Ohio City for Alleged Fraud

By Craig Malisow
    Thursday, May 3, 2012 | 4 years ago

The vast conspiracy against genius economic consultant Don Holbrook now stretches to Ohio!

Don Holbrook, one of the masterminds behind the perpetually stalled New Caney clusterfuck known as EarthQuest, has been sued by the city of Huber Heights, Ohio, for allegedly performing a substandard economic analysis for the city.
    The city, located just northeast of Dayton, entered into a $66,000 contract with Holbrook, who was to "create an economic development business case" and conduct a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threat) analysis "from a regional economic development perspective."
    The city forked over $53,800 before Holbrook submitted his report, which "wholly failed to conform to the terms [of the contract] and wholly failed to conform to industry standards," according to the suit. The city withheld its final payment and demanded a refund, which Holbrook refused, the suit states. (Specifically, the city accuses Holbrook of fraudulent inducement, negligent misrepresentation and unjust enrichment.)
    We called Mike Bly, one of the lawyers suing on behalf of the city, but haven't heard back. We'll update if and when we learn more about these allegations.
    During the reporting and writing of the feature on EarthQuest, Holbrook eventually cut off contact with the Houston Press, opting instead to post comments after the article was published. He wrote that the story was "purposely inaccurate and misleading and full of very crappy and not factual reporting," although he did not provide specific examples. He also accused the Press and its "alleged cronies" of spawning a "conspiracy theory" in order to discredit him.
    He also suggested the reporter just "admit you seem to be trying to peddle a screenplay script. Maybe Mel Gibson will option it and make you rich, that must be your intent with such fictional writing because investigative reporting is not your calling in life."
    Apparently, the folks in Huber Heights are part of this massive conspiracy against Don Holbrook. Just like his previous employers in Indiana and Minnesota. That's some JFK-level ****, yo.
    This is the case where that nutbag, Don Allen Holbrook, brought in Craig Malisow, The Houston Press, Cynthia Calvert, The Pahrump Valley Times, Frank Maurizio (a Pahrump town official), all of the Texas taxpayers commenting on his failed billion dollar theme park, Earthuqest and little ol' mom here as third party defendants. No reason to read his book. It is just more of his insane rants based on his delusions of being the victim of a huge conspiracy. Hilariously, in the court filings he named our good man Craig Malisow who wrote this as the linchpin of said world wide conspiracy to get him. To no one's surprise but Holbrook's, he was laughed out of court in Ohio for lack of jurisdiction. He could have refiled in Texas where he would have had jurisdiction, but the lying fraud is running around whimpering that he is the victim of this world wide conspiracy and there is no legal recourse. Holbrook is always full of and Jeff Finkle keeps covering up for him and preventing the IEDC from bringing him up on ethics charges.

Love some Bunny! I do!

12. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Holbrook rambling on about himself in the third person. Laughed out of court and too chicken to sue all the folks he was mad at in Texas. Why pay for a book when this hilarity is available for free all over the net! And, Holbrook keeps insisting I have multiple IDs???

draino --- 3 years ago - quote Soap Box Mom;

You seem to be deranged and self-absorbed with your own ideals in my opinion, of what is going on in situations and never even consider the other side of situations.

I don't know why you think you are the judge, jury and executioner in matters of legalities, but your ideas and comments are absurd and vigilantism went out with the wild west,

For example tactical situations in matters of the law are that you don't even consider that perhaps the other sides attorney's cut deals with Holbrook to settle out of court. Secondary to that in my own opinion, he is probably cutting loose and settling with them to focus on you and your cyber thugs and bullies as a major focus... he surely does not have any intent on letting you off the hook. Even if you manage to avoid him in Ohio he will probably just sue you in Texas for your defamatory comments. He certainly did not dismiss you, Cynthia Calvert or Frank Maurizio and rumor has it the PVT settled to avoid litigation at least that is what is being stated in Pahrump. Lastly, I would wager that he will be relentless in his pursuit of you for your hounding of him and his family and trying to ruin in livelihood. Quite candidly you deserve to get your trap shut up... we are all tired of listening to you. I know you like to listen to yourself and you seem to have nothing better to do than to torment Mr. Holbrook, but get a life! Really you are so self-absorbed and righteous in your statements it sickens most normal folks. I read that he posted a pretty good outline of what went on with EQI and that does not seem like someone trying to avoid telling the story, he is smart not to respond to you, you would only attack him more and then blast all his clients and past clients with your negative blather. You are in my opinion one sick individual.

You fail to mention in your comments that the Judge ruled against Huber Heights on 2 of their motions and dismissed two claims and told the City they had until next Monday to produce some factual evidence of their other claims... so I think Holbrook is actually on the momentum of winning not failing in his case. I'd watch out according to my sources he has won all his previous suits and you may just be next in his legal sights. Why don't you admit you have no evidence of your statements and apologize to the man and get your own life back and allow him to do the same? Your bad kharma will only bring you pain and emotional distress because what we sow we reap.
    draino --- 3 years ago - quote BTW:

Rumor has it that the Houston Chronicle may be doing an expose on EMCID and that people are coming forward to tell the behind the scene antics of the new board and past board and what they don't want the public to know about.

The new board and their new Chairperson Connie Bloodworth and Vicki Floyd have already created legal problems for EMCID in their own righteous indignation of promises and contracts they have broken and/or not honored... as a public agency you would think folks could trust EMCID to do honorable business but apparently they do not honor their obligations. EQI is just one example of them purposefully avoiding their own responsibility as the organization that enabled the creation of it and paid for the majority of the staff fees the first two years... they also promised the staff that they would make sure they were fully paid for their time if they continued to work but now according to the FB post they have selective memory on these topics.

Not very good when you can't trust EMCID to pay their promised financial obligations and then shameless for the EMCID board to place the scrutiny on the unpaid staff of EQI for responding to the media and government on these matters. EMCID's chairperson was the chair of EQI by nature of a guaranteed board seat in the organizing charter according to the FB post.

Looks like statutorily compliant corruption is alive and well in Texas as well. EMCID should do the right thing by the vendors and former staff of EQI and pay the account current and let the new board and EMCID decide how to go forward instead of letting all those folks get stuck with the bill, that EMCID helped to create. SHAMELESS!

That comes from a good source I have in the area that is in the media business.

draino --- 3 years ago - quote Soapboxmom;

Again, in my opinion you are a wholly sick individual with some wicked sense of self-righteous and self-absorbed need to be heard. You really do need mental help. I am of the opinion that you are just whacked.

Either that or you are truly a vile and evil person with a dark heart and pure malevolent soul. This path you have taken will only create hurt, eventual emotional distress and the damnation of your soul to the fiery pits from which it seems you must have been spawned. You are doing nothing but bringing sorrow and shame upon your own family and for what basis. People hate you and curse your soul and pray for your demise... with so much hatred out there directed at you, you are doomed to a pitiful life.

Holbrook did not steal taxpayer's monies. He was hired by the EMCID and EQI to do the mission they asked him to do. He did not create the idea for EarthQuest Don Lessem did. Yet you blame the person that was hired and that the others admit did his job to their own satisfaction for the problems related to their project and for the decisions they made. Holbrook told them right up front what his fees were per hour... they hired him knowing the situation with full disclosure... it seems to me you have taken the crusade to the wrong doorstep.

You forced him to sue you because you defamed him. In fact he has broken no laws and done nothing wrong. You are the one that has the wrong interpretation of the first amendment. Freedom of speech does not entitle you to defame or libel another person.

Since you believe people are stealing tax payers monies why not go after the real culprits in the last four years that have stolen billions of dollars of real taxpayers monies the bankers. They even created a global economic crisis. Now that is challenge not even you are up to.

Your continued fight with Holbrook just demonstrates your own shortfalls. The only true fans you have are that Fat turd Loud Mouth Pantherdad, who is probably as big a loser in my opinion as you are. Get over yourself and move on. People seem to hate you. I know that the entire Holbrook family probably feels you need to have a timely tornado come through Garland and create a modern version of the Wizard of Ozz on your house. No you're not Dorothy... you're the wicked witch the house lands on... watch out dark woman a house may just land on you eventually (speaking metaphorically of course).

draino --- 3 years ago - quote
    You folks are just crazy and absurd. Mr. Holbrook never stole anything that is why SoapboxMom is so full of crap. EMCID, EQI, Lessem and Marlin hired him to do work for them in fully disclosed contracts. Your accusations are clearly aimed at the wrong culprits, and that is why he is suing Soapboxmom and that is why others with some intellect know your blatherings on here are full of crap.

As for Soapboxmom, she must just be so ugly that she has to hide in her house and gain attention by attacking folks over the internet. She obviously craves attention even if it demonstrates her absurdity and lack of IQ in common sense. She is so desperate for attention she has to act out like this which is totally inappropriate (sorry Pantherdad) I will use smaller words so you can understand them.

Perhaps you and Soapboxmom should hook up you already seem to have a cyber dating service going... Maybe Holbrook should send you a bill for matchmaking..,. after all two extremely negative people might actually create a positive... again that is science and I'm sorry if your IQ can't follow such high level discussions. I wasn't aware that Global financial Crisis was coined by Holbrook... LMAO. You two are like a good comedy movie. So stupid and full of yourself you don't realize everyone else is just laughing at you!

Your just stupid and too self absorbed to understand contracts and obligations. Holbrook was hired to manage the process and he followed the direction of the EQI board, which was authorized and funded by EMCID. EMCIDs chairman was also the EQI Chairman. Holbrook was never hired to find funding for either the theme park or EQI. Your a stay at home conspiracy theory idiot who watches too many made up Hollywood shows.

Wow... Now you blame Holbrook when others call you out for what you are; a loud mouth self absorbed conspiracy idiot, who likes to torment others for her jollies. In my opinion and many others you need professional counseling... You are deranged and abusive. You got your wide butt, trailer park mentality yellow journalistic mouth sued for breaking the law. The first amendment does not allow for libel or defammstion. And again in my opinion even if you dodge a legal bullet in Ohio. Holbrook should and probably will sue your stupid self in Texas. He will spend you into losing whatever cheap house or double wide you live in, just like a Texas twister. You should be called the Wicked Witch of Texas! Beauch... LMAO

Soapboxmom --- 3 years ago - quote Let's review who started this feeding frenzy at the EMCID trough. Who went on the extravagant world tours and who pocketed the dough???

EarthQuest 2009 bond sale: where did tax dollars go - Monday, April 30, 2012 - Copyright 2013 Ourtribune.com

EMCID entourage racks up expenses at resorts, restaurants, theme parks - Monday, April 02, 2012 - Copyright 2013 Ourtribune.com

Truth, facts and opinion do not = defamation and libel. Find a false statement of fact, Wizard!!!

Holbrook wanted a real fight and now he has got one!
    EAST MONTGOMERY COUNTY IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT / Directors approve contracts / Contract OK'd for theme park consultant 11/29/2007 | Archives | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

East Montgomery County Improvement District directors approved contracts for services to the district. These ranged from site surveying to retaining consulting services in connection with the Earth Quest theme park project at a special directors meeting Nov. 7.
    The directors will retain Don Holbrook and the Vercitas Group for consulting services in connection with the for-profit theme park portion of the Earth Quest project.
    Under the terms of the $25,000 contract, Holbrook will provide the district with outside consulting services connected with securing financing and investors, said Frank McCrady, EMCID president and CEO.
    "We want to make sure he stays with the project and makes the presentations," said McCrady.
    Holbrook has already been working with the project's promoters, founders and the district and was actively involved in the process that selected the site of the Earth Quest venture.
    The district has five potential financing sources for the for-profit portion of the project, he said.

Love some Bunny! I do!

14. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

#1,599,190 in Books

In just 12 hours:

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,618,239 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

Love some Bunny! I do!

16. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Master Business Retention Consultant? If Bloat-Boy retained just 1/10th of the hot air that blows forth from his pie-hole he'd be taken off the only top-ten list he's on. That of major contributors to global warming. After the #1 best-seller he just finished, I'd venture to say he's about 3rd on the list, right in front of China.

18. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In less than 24 hours the catastrophic plunge continues:

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,599,190 in Books

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,649,894 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #168,073 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
    No doubt Holbrook can't afford to keep buying that trash and giving it away as he begs for phony reviews. He is still paying out his bankruptcy plan, mind you.

Love some Bunny! I do!

20. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,650,379 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

2 hours later and dropping like a rock!

Love some Bunny! I do!

22. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don Allen Holbrook9 hours ago
    Report abuse

Another lathering of malicious sensationalized posts... Dobrott is consumed with thinking the book is somehow about her... nonsense. Further more she posts old comments from books and other items before I retired and had my designations. I no longer use my certifications even though I could if I came out of retirement, because I am retired to pursue my passion of writing books. Here is the latest comment by Jeff Finkle on her delusional comments on my use of my former designations.

"Don Holbrook is no longer involved in the International Economic Development Council. He is no longer using the certification that he earned, to the best of our knowledge. There are no ethics investigations going on against Don Holbrook as we do not review non-members. Furthermore, we are not aware of any breaches of the industry ethical guidelines under any circumstances. IEDC is not going to respond any further on this issue and nothing from this should imply guilt by Don Holbrook by the professional body."

Jeffrey A Finkle
    President and CEO, International Economic Development Council ted on Jan 20, 2016 "

Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:57 PM
    To: Soapbox mom
    Subject: FW: Hi

So, I take it the IEDC is not going to discipline its rogue member. The thread stays as is until they do:

http://www.realscam.com/f11/don-alle...cover-up-1240/

Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:54 PM
    To: soapboxmom@hotmail.com
    Subject: Hi

Heather,

Is there any chance that we can remove the board listing that is currently on your blog? I do not know what these things are called, so if I have called it something wrong, please excuse me.

I am certainly sorry to see this get so ugly on both sides. Please do not quote anything in this email.

Best wishes.

Jeff

--
    Jeffrey A. Finkle, CEcD
    President and CEO of the International Economic Development Council
    734 15th St. NW Suite 900
    Washington, DC 20005 (less)
    Jan 22, 2016 09:46AM

Soapboxmom1 hour ago
    Edit

Newsflash. The IEDC is governed by a board of directors. Jeff Finkle serves at their pleasure and I suspect he is about to be shown the door thanks to Holbrook. Jeff Finkle buried hundreds of pages of documentation that proves Holbrook deliberately lied to and misled clients in order to fatten his pockets with more tax dollars in 2012. Finkle is not in charge of the Ethics Committee. http://www.iedconline.org/clientuplo...nforcement.pdf Seems to me that the Ethics Committee should be looking at Finkle's cover-ups as well.

Holbrook still fraudulently uses those designations all over the net and most of those sites he controls. Following are just a few examples. On Amazon his profile says:
    "More About the Author
    › Visit Amazon's Don Allen Holbrook Page
    Don Allen Holbrook
    Follow
    Biography
    As a professional economist and certified economic developer, Don Allen Holbrook has instructive views on how economic development can transform America and assist her in regaining her global competitive edge. He has over 20 years experience in the industry and is a fellow member of the prestigious International Economic Development Council. Holbrook is the consummate thought leader amongst his peers and is a renowned international public speaker on the subject of transforming local economies to lead communities to world class status no matter their geographic location, population and/or natural resources. Holbrook believes world class communities are determined by the mindset of the communities leaders and how they embrace change in a proactive manner. Holbrook consults for companies on how to select the most cost-effective location for their new or expanding business and negotiates local & state economic development business incentives to lower the cost of such new investments and increase his clients ROI. He designed the first electronic site location system via the world wide web that profiled communities by their measured business climate and quality of life indices. He is considered a pioneer and one the worlds foremost site location consultants and is one of America's top public policy experts on attracting business investments and foreign direct investments into local economies.

Today Holbrook has concentrated the majority of his efforts on writing historically based fiction novels that take place in modern times. He loves connected his readers to the past but giving them a good old fashioned mystery and conspiracy thriller to keep them on the edge of their seats and turning those pages. He and his family love to travel and their travel has deeply influenced his writing. Holbrook is a regular keynote motivational speaker on transforming local economies, communities, companies, and individuals into effective agents of progress and healthy lifestyle and workforce choices. He works on the design, negotiation and attraction of business cases that will attract capital to projects and locales to create jobs and stimulate growth in local economies through economic development policies. He is a Fellow Member of the International Economic Development Council. Holbrook lives in Las Vegas, Nevada."

About Don Allen Holbrook, Public Speaker, Author | EconomicDeveloper

About Don Allen Holbrook, Public Speaker, Author | EconomicDeveloper

"About Don Allen Holbrook, Public Speaker, Author

Don Allen Holbrook, KTJ, CEDFP, FM, Author

Don Allen Holbrook, CEcD, FM is a world renowned economist that works in the area of
    Don Allen Holbrook, KTJ, CEcD, FM

Don Allen Holbrook, KTJ, CEcD, FM

assisting communities, regions and even nations look at catalyst actions through economic development public policy that will create living wage jobs, attract new investment and position the business climates so they are globally competitive. "

https://donallenholbrook.wordpress.com/about/

"Professional Keynote Speaker
    The world's foremost local economic thinker and strategist
    About Don Allen Holbrook

Don A. Holbrook, Certified Economic Developer, CEcD, CEDFP, FM

Don Holbrook, Economic Development Economist , Economic Life Coach and Author of 12 best selling books, is considered as one of the fields most influential and recognized subject matter experts around the world . "

Speaker Don A. Holbrook, Author, Ph.D, CEcD, FM
    "Don Holbrook

Speaker Don A. Holbrook, Author, Ph.D, CEcD, FM

A highly respected and renowned speaker on world-class economic development projects, Don is one of the most sought-after advocates in economic development and takes his simple message to communities around the world. His wit, message, and charm have made him highly popular as a keynote speaker on local economic development strategies. He speaks frequently on the topics of "The Art of the Deal Today" and surviving and thriving in today's economic turbulence. Don has written two books: His first, The Little Black Book of Economic Development, was released in 2007 and is still the best-selling book in the economic development industry. His second book, released in 2008, is titled Who Moved My Smoke Stack? He has just released Nov 2011 his latest book, The Next America: Moving Beyond a Fragile Economy. A candid discussion on how to get America back in the black and growing jobs again so she can remain the global economic leader.
    Topics:

Author
    Global Economics
    Leadership

Fee:
    $2500 - $5000
    Travels from
    Las Vegas

Inquire About or Book:- Don Holbrook

Don A. Holbrook, Author, Ph.D, CEcD, FM"
    Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #176,506 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,650,379 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
    Though Holbrook has claimed for years to be a best selling author, on his 2011 bankruptcy and the numerous monthly and quarterly reports through the last 4 years, he hasn't listed a penny of income from his books. So, is Holbrook lying to the court or is he BSing potential book buyers? How can he retire on the zero dollars he claims to be making from his book sales with ever plummeting numbers?

And, he is still fraudulently using those designations all over the web as of this very second!

Love some Bunny! I do!

24. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,652,845 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #178,755 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

Love some Bunny! I do!

26. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,657,183 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #183,706 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

Love some Bunny! I do!

28. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In just 12 hours:

Is Ti-Dy-Bowl looking for a new key-note speaker? With all the drain circling he's been doing lately, he'd be a shoo-in.

30. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pantherdadX2 View Post
    Is Ti-Dy-Bowl looking for a new key-note speaker? With all the drain circling he's been doing lately, he'd be a shoo-in.
    AND...at his size, he is easily the biggest turd in the bowl!
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

32. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,657,183 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,662,501 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,662,777 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,669,017 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #183,706 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #190,648 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #190,809 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #200,486 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

The book is hurling into the abyss. This is the last 5 hours. Holbrook's only legacy will be the scathing newspaper articles from the last 25 years that will live forever on the net. His career as a writer is finished. The bankrupt buffoon will never be able to buy enough of his own books to keep them on any best seller lists anywhere.

Love some Bunny! I do!

34. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #245,267 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,702,283 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

Those that have lost everything may feel that finding their hunter and tormenter and making them pay is their best outlet for their embarrassment and for their loss of social position and their very ability to make a living. They can also hunt their hunter and tormenter only in the real world so they may see the lack of a legal system for protection from these tormenters as a reason that justifies their own actions to silence their tormenters permanently. Human nature has always taught us kill or be killed. The taking of anothers life is not so hard, but to murder someone and pull off the perfect murder, one where you don't ever get caught, now that is much more difficult. Could you pull off the perfect murder and not get caught? Once you have lost everything many people don't feel they have much to lose by finding their tormenter and making them pay. In this case the hunter becomes the hunted and the former hunter becomes the prey. The legal system is woefully behind in policing the internet and taking action to find these cyber stalkers and bullies. The cyber vigilante's believe they are social media reporters and they use their own misguided standards as the judge of what is right and wrong from their own sick views of the world. These cyber space trolls are ravenous now on the new platform of anonymous personas called cyber space. They believe that the First Amendment allows them to say whatever they want about people and defame their social, professional and emotional well being, but that is not the proper understanding of the U.S. Constitution. These comments are permanent and can destroy the entire credibility of someone in all their own real world circles built completely upon someoneelse's opinion not based upon facts, but in fact distortions of facts and on rumor mill and innuendo that is highly destructive and volatile to the vicitim forever... they are very difficult to get removed once they are posted. The real problem is that the legal system has not changed quickly enough to bring justice and restitution to victims of these cyber bullies and stalkers. At some point the victims may become so emotional distraught that they seek the oldest form of restitution... silencing their tormenters permanently. Murder is a crime no matter what justification the murder uses, but so is defamation and emotional tormenting a person into acting outside their sensibilities a momentary lapse of judgemento temporary insanity as we see in the media is also real. Follow the fictional story of how some victims of a cyber space troll and blackmail artist turn the tables and pull off the perfect ultimate crime.
    More long, emotional and nonsensical diatribes from Holbrook. That was barely in English. "trolls are ravenous now on the new platform of anonymous personas called cyber space" Libel and defamation have been actionable for many years. Holbrook made a total fool of himself and was laughed out of court in 2012 because he sued journalists, newspapers and taxpayers commenting on his antics in Ohio when all of us were residents of Texas and Nevada and commenting on his failed projects in those areas. He could have filed in Texas where he would have had jurisdiction, but was apparently afraid to do so. All the journalists and I accessed source documents including court records, bankruptcy filings, meeting minutes, Holbrook's public commenting and newspaper archives from decades ago across the country and more. So, his contention that he has been defamed is beyond laughable. Facts, opinion and hyperbole are generally not actionable. The poor raging lunatic can't find a false statement of fact on which to build a legal case so he continues to humiliate himself and publicly commit career suicide all over the net with these diabolical meltdowns.

No one with 2 working brain cells and an eight grade education or higher will buy his ridiculous book as the premise is totally flawed. He is just enraged that he can't make up lie after lie and empty the tax dollar trough to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars as he did for years. His scamming days are over now that the truth is well publicized! Folks wanting a good read can go to the Houston Press, The Tribune and right here to follow the sordid saga of Don Allen Holbrook and his billion dollar failed theme park from hell.

Love some Bunny! I do!

36. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #258,794 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,705,178 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

This is so much fun to watch this worthless filth sink in the rankings like the Titanic.

Love some Bunny! I do!

38. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fantasy Land | Houston Press

See if you can get through this without laughing.

In 2005, a renowned dinosaur expert and author of children's books, together with a self-proclaimed economic development expert with a PhD from a diploma mill, sells a community development agency in the sticks north of Houston on the idea of a $50 million dinosaur-themed amusement park. In a year, the idea is expanded to a half-billion-dollar, 500-acre, environmentally themed juggernaut called EarthQuest....

The proposed site — 1,564 acres in all — is owned by a company overseen by a guy who will go on to launch a multilevel-marketing scheme in which distributors can get rich by selling tap water infused with cancer-fighting agents.....

The East Montgomery County Improvement District issues $7.6 million in bonds to finance the project and promotes the bejesus out of it, saying the first phase should be completed by 2010. The District has no transparency or accountability, so their president and staff do things like treat themselves to $2,000 dinners at Pappas and trips to Las Vegas. Their president, consultant, board members and some of their family members "study" theme parks in Canada and the Bahamas. A few go to China for some reason.
    They charge everything they can think of to their District credit cards, such as mileage on a 1/8-mile trip across the District office's parking lot. No one in the community knows. Working for the District is a major windfall. You can do whatever you want. You can tell people that EarthQuest is still on track, even though the company that owns the land — the one partially owned by the dude selling magic tap water — astonishingly goes bankrupt in 2011.
    Then some uppity local newspaper called the Tribune, which thinks the public has a right to know what's being done with its tax dollars, starts investigating. The newspaper uncovers the bankruptcy and the dubious backgrounds of some of the key players. It reveals questionable connections and expenditures.
    Suddenly, some residents on the east side of Montgomery County take notice. They ask questions. The president of the District disparages the newspaper reports and says they're "moving forward." The guy elevates vagueness to an art form, showing that he's worth every cent of his $97,000 salary and recent $50,000 bonus, even though EarthQuest exists only on paper...

In the beginning, there was an idea for a dinosaur park, and it was good.
    "Dino" Don Lessem, a former science reporter for The Boston Globe, had fallen in love with dinosaurs after covering an archaeological dig in Mongolia. He decided to devote his life to the creatures, eventually building and designing permanent and traveling museum exhibits; writing dozens of children's books; hosting Discovery Channel and NOVA documentaries; and advising for both the Jurassic Park movie and theme park ride.
    "I never had a permanent dinosaur attraction, and I thought, you know, museums do it in kind of a boring way. I wanted to make something more exciting, and on a permanent basis," Lessem tells the Houston Press from his office outside of Philadelphia. He scouted locations in the West, one of which was Lake Havasu City, Arizona, home to the London Bridge and a dude named Don Holbrook.

.....Lessem hired Holbrook, who had always been excited about the dino-park, to help bring his dream to fruition.

Holbrook, according to Lessem, wrote and disseminated a request for proposal to dozens of cities across the country and got a few nibbles from small communities in Texas.
    "He wrote to the State of Texas Tourism Board and said, 'You know, [if] you want this project, you better come up with some better places.' So they put out kind of an all-points bulletin and got two communities — one outside Dallas...and East Montgomery County responding," Lessem says. He found the latter to be better organized and just as enthusiastic about the educational aspects he wanted to bring to the park.

Lessem was impressed by Holbrook's supposed credentials and didn't check references or verify Holbrook's background. From Lessem's perspective, appearance was incredibly important in the economic development industry.

"His profession is about professional bullshitting," Lessem says.

Lessem learned just how important Holbrook thought appearance was when Holbrook asked him to dress like a big shot — or Holbrook's idea of a big shot — during the wheeling-and-dealing process. In the requests for proposal, Holbrook had not disclosed Don Lessem as the creator, saying instead that someone in the "entertainment industry" was behind the project. Lessem says that Holbrook even wanted him to act the part during the wheeling and dealing....

But, based on the questionable business practices and apparent self-interest of some of the key players, the project should probably be called ClusterQuest.
    Right off the bat, the biggest problem was that Marlin Atlantis didn't actually own the property. ....in 2009, White jumped into the always respectable multilevel-marketing industry, peddling bottles of water called Evolv which supposedly contained cancer-fighting and anti-inflammatory agents.

The promotional materials for White's myriad corporations often referred to him as a billionaire, something White himself never professed, but never appeared to discourage. Although EarthQuest was going to be built on land owned by White's empire, he preferred to focus on Evolv, leaving the hands-on stuff to his partner, John Marlin....

Lessem outlined his concern in a few letters to the EarthQuest Institute board. In one he wrote, "Not one person among us has significant national or local contacts among the business and personal philanthropic communities. None of us has the right kind of board experience for leading what was chartered as an international educational effort. None of us has been able to set this organization on the right course...We all need to remember that this is an organization we SERVE, not our fiefdom to control." (Don Holbrook was the CEO)....

Because local media expressed exactly zero skepticism about McCrady's and Holbrook's royal proclamations, their lavish trips and spending sprees went unnoticed for years.
    It wasn't until a reporter for the Houston Community Newspapers chain, Cynthia Calvert, left her post to launch her own paper, The Tribune, that someone actually tried to find out the real story.

Much to McCrady's dismay, Calvert broke the story earlier this year about Whitestone's bankruptcy. Things like that weren't supposed to happen. McCrady was supposed to tell the public and the media that everything was going fine, and they were supposed to smile like idiots and take him at his word, and he was supposed to take his annual cost-of-living raise, party in Vegas on the District's dime, and use the District's AmEx and Visa to charge things like $1,000 for an apparent jalapeño popper-fueled orgy at a TGI Friday's in Humble.

Calvert's reporting, and that of Tribune Editor Geoff Geiger, also uncovered public records showing that the District paid for a 12-day reconnaissance of theme parks in Canada, Orlando, the Bahamas and China for McCrady, Holbrook and their families. The District also covered a first-class flight to Tokyo and Saigon for McCrady, a District board member, the District's attorney and an engineer.

Calvert also looked into Holbrook's background and came up with more questions than answers.
    A self-described maverick with a fondness for portmanteaus ("thrivival" = thriving + survival), Holbrook is the kind of guy who loves to make bold, if often weird, claims, like his assertion that he "launched the first economic development Web site in the world in 1991."
    He claims elsewhere to have "worked on over 100 projects representing over $1 billion...in capital investment, generating more than 50,000 jobs in his nearly 20 years in the profession." Neither Calvert nor the Press was able to find documentation to support this.

He also claims to have authored "the best selling book in the economic development industry," which is a remarkable feat for a self-published book whose sole professional review came from Kirkus Indie, a fee-for-review service for self-published authors. (Holbrook has self-published three books. Until recently, he hawked these books on the EarthQuest Institute's Web site and Facebook page.)

It would have been wonderful if Holbrook had quickly clarified some of these matters, but, after an initial phone interview, Holbrook didn't return the Press's calls. He had dismissed Calvert's work for the Tribune and was suspicious of reporters' motivations.

"You've got media that writes purely investigative reporting...and then you've got...yellow tabloid journalism," Holbrook told the Press. "And if you're referring to the Tribune, you know, they report infactual stuff that's not factual at all [sic]. And they don't seem to want to actually report the information that's factual if you do give it to them."

Holbrook seems to have had some initial success in the early-to-mid-1990s, working as the economic developer for the city of Crookston, Minnesota. However, he didn't seem to find much success after leaving Crookston. A gig as executive director of the Red Wing, Minnesota, Port Authority, was short-lived; hired in 1996, he was fired in 1998 after some of the Port Authority commissioners questioned his résumé.

Holbrook claimed to have a doctorate and MBA from LaSalle University, an online institution subsequently exposed as a diploma mill...

The Port ultimately fired Holbrook for what they believed to be fraud; Holbrook sued for breach of contract. The suit was settled out of court, with the Port paying Holbrook $160,000 to cover court costs, and the Port also issued a "letter of misunderstanding," saying Holbrook had not lied on his résumé, he just wasn't able to produce certain documents in time.

From there it was on to his short stint in Lake Havasu City, followed by an acrimonious few years as executive director of the Wayne County (Indiana) Economic Development Corporation, where he started off on the wrong foot by spending $10,000 on new office furniture, including $8,000 for a desk.

When a board member and a former Corporation staff attorney questioned these and other expenditures, Holbrook hired a lawyer to dash off letters threatening them with legal action if they didn't stop making "untrue and malicious statements."

The local paper, the Palladium-Item, followed with an editorial calling for Holbrook's ouster, saying, "Holbrook's flagrant bullying involves tactics designed to silence critics of a public official's public spending and performance. His actions follow a pattern from past employment, a pattern that stifles needed public discourse and disclosure."

It's also a pattern that would repeat with EarthQuest.

Although he had the occasional speaking gig after leaving Indiana, Holbrook had no steady job.
    But thanks to "Dino" Don Lessem and Frank McCrady, Holbrook experienced a career jump start. Now he could tell people he was an integral part of what would be a truly groundbreaking theme park. He included the EarthQuest story in one of his books and got an EarthQuest Institute board member to write the forward to another book....

Holbrook and Brown sought other consulting jobs that often dovetailed with District business. During the time the duo pitched an economic study to councilmembers of a Cleveland suburb in August 2011, Holbrook used his District-issued American Express.

Citing their EarthQuest credentials, the two also contracted with the town of Pahrump, outside Las Vegas, to provide an economic feasibility study as well as some novel ideas for attractions, including something called Think Tank!, in which people could pay around $500 to drive a tank around for a few hours.

The District called a special meeting in early March, supposedly to quash rumors and explain the latest developments.
    McCrady kicked off the meeting, held at the East Montgomery County Improvement District office in New Caney, by assuring the 60 or so people in attendance that EarthQuest was still a go....

craig.malisow@houstonpress.com
    The Cleveland suburb, Huber Heights, sued Holbrook and Pahrump ran those scammers out of town for good.

"Dino Don" Lessem spoke to Craig Malisow at length. After that rightful skewering in the press, why would Holbrook be bringing up Lessem's name at all. Lessem exposed Holbrook for the lying fraud he is and didn't rebut anything. Lessem regretted not checking out Holbrook's phony resume and past work. He also lamented the implosion of the Earthquest Insititute charity that went under after 1.4 million (mostly tax dollars) was spent with Holbrook serving as the CEO. Clearly they no longer have any relationship after the billion dollar theme park debacle that Holbrook was behind.

Love some Bunny! I do!

40. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #258,554 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,707,485 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #259,061 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,710,901 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

EarthQuest 2009 bond sale: where did tax dollars go - Monday, April 30, 2012 - Copyright 2013 Ourtribune.com
    Altogether, it appears that Holbrook received, from EMCID and the Institute, upwards o $1,200,000 for his various, if not nefarious, EarthQuest activities. The level of compensation paid to Holbrook is beyond any rational explanation, let alone comprehension. What possible justification can the EMCID leadership and board make to its constituents that Holbrook was deserving of these unwarranted, outrageous, indeed, unbelievable sums of money? Last, but certainly not least, is “Dino” Don Lessem. It was Lessem that ignited the flame of inspiration for the EarthQuest Institute in 2006. But his dreams were incinerated by the raging fire of EarthQuest’s implosion. In a recent letter to The Tribune, Lessem openly regretted many of the decisions he and others made regarding EarthQuest, especially as those decisions pertained to money matters. He lamented the waste and excessive salaries paid to Holbrook and others. He was appalled at the lack of interest that Leon Cubillas and the EMCID board took in regards to the Institute. He rued the complete lack of accountability on the part of almost everyone involved in the EarthQuest project. Surprisingly, he commended the articles of The Tribune as being “very thorough” and did not dispute any assertions that have been set forth by The Tribune. Clearly concerned about the possible demise of EarthQuest and all the money that has been lost, he nevertheless stated that “[he] is not a squanderer of public or private funds, nor a deceiver of anyone” and that he “was not paid a dime” as for efforts related to the Institute. Apparently, however, his magnanimity did not extend to EarthQuest. For out of the bond sale he was paid $310,674.50 by EMCID for “contribution and licensing rights.” Again, what possible justification can EMCID make for this enormous expense for a project that will never be to a consultant who no longer is? Sadly, like the unsinkable H.M.S. Titanic that sank 100 years ago, the EarthQuest juggernaut appears headed to its own date with destiny.
    Holbrook is obviously totally out of touch with reality. Lessem did not rebut anything. Once again Lessem publicly skewered Holbrook as he should have. Holbrook decried these articles by The Tribune and The Houston Press as being "media sensationalized articles by back water media outlets not true investigative journalism... these news stories are tabloid yellow journalism created to sell newspapers and draw eyeballs to their sites." That sure isn't what Lessem has said about The Tribune articles and Houston Press articles which he was interviewed for. Holbrook's lies and deceptions have been thoroughly exposed. The question is why the IEDC didn't take decisive action against this money grubbing slime.

Love some Bunny! I do!

42. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,718,918 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

Dinosaur City - The Vindicator: News
    The park would not be fully operational until about 2010,” Lessem said. According to site selection director Don Holbrook, preliminary studies indicate Dinosaur City could become the Number 2 tourist attraction in the country by 2011.
    Can we say snow-job???

Don Lessem in 2007 before the Koolaid or Red Zeppelin wore off:
    Don Holbrook stands tall at the forefront of economic development worldwide. Don combines creativity, commitment and deal-closing savvy in unprecedented ways. My development projects went from hazy visions to billion-dollar realities under Don's innovative genius. Like a chess grandmaster, Don sees the endgame long before others, and has developed unique strategies to close the largest and most challenging of development deals.
    - Don Lessem, Founder, The EarthQuest Institute
    Don Holbrook babbles:
    First, the Theme Park from the beginning was envisioned to utilize a non-profit research and educational organization (EarthQuest Institute) to provide validity to the founder Don Lessem’s vision for the green and sustainable theme behind the for profit theme park. Quite common for major projects such as Disney and others to support their favorite causes and control the board of directors. In this instance the developer and the founder had agreed that the non-profit would commence ahead of the for profit to build awareness for the for profit project. Both the developer and EMCID (East Montgomery County Improvement District) had pledged funds
    Promoting a for profit theme park is clearly not a legitimate charitable purpose. That must have been horrifying to Don Lessem who was on the board while Don Holbrook pursued this diabolical course.

Film adviser will design dinosaur park in New Caney - Houston Chronicle
    Plans are moving forward for "Dino" Don Lessem's Earth Quest Adventure Zone, a dinosaur-themed education and entertainment venture to open in New Caney by 2012.
    Both the East Montgomery County Improvement District and Gov. Rick Perry are working hard to ensure that this project succeeds, officials said.
    Perry recently signed House Bill 4015 to create a tax zone that will help finance the estimated $500-$600 million project.

This tax will be included in the park's entry fee, said Frank McCrady, CEO of the East Montgomery County Improvement District.
    Earth-friendly park

Lessem's pet project has been called a dinosaur park, a dinosaur city and a theme park, but his concept for the park has remained relatively the same. Don Holbrook, in charge of site selection and economic development for the New Caney-area park, said Lessem, a paleontologist, author and consultant who was an adviser for the Stephen Spielberg blockbuster Jurassic Park, envisions Earth Quest Adventure Zone as an earth-friendly park that will provide education through entertainment, create a renewed interest in dinosaurs and make Houston a premier dinosaur center.
    This entertainment venue will not only educate park visitors about dinosaurs, but also about the relationship that human beings have with their planet, its animals and even technology, Holbrook said.
    Hotel, theater planned

When Earth Quest Adventure Zone is completed, it will cover 250 acres north of Caney Creek and include dinosaur-themed exhibits, a hotel complex and spa and a theater complex tied to the hotel. In addition, the park also will house a working research laboratory and the world's largest collection of dinosaurs and dinosaur bones. Holbrook said Earth Quest will be a center for dinosaur resources, research and education.
    Further additions to the park are still being considered and may include an immersive aquatic experience, animals and an online computer game that would allow participants to continue their gaming experience during their visit to Earth Quest.
    Linking the park with a game would "put bricks and mortar to the on-line game experience," Holbrook said.
    Not only does Earth Quest Adventure Zone represent Lessem's love of paleontology and his desire to share his passion through education, but it also represents his environmental conscience, Holbrook said.
    The park will be engineered so that it can use alternative energy systems.
    "As a green park or green zone, it will demonstrate how we can live in harmony with the environment and, whenever possible, offset (our) ties to fossil fuels," Holbrook said. "People really respect (Don) because he does what he says he'll do."
    Holbrook is the one that stuck a finger in very pie and blew Earthquest up into a billion dollar nightmare.

Dinosaur park planned for East Montgomery County
    By Melecio C. Franco - 11/9/06

The facility will feature a 110,000-square-foot exhibit hall and dinosaur display, an IMAX theater, a water recreation park, hotel and convention center. Leading theme park designers, one of Germany's leading zoo directors, robotics and special effects experts are all involved in the planning for the facility.
    The park is expected to attract more than a million visitors each year.
    "It's going to be a nice project," said McCrady. "It can truly define our area in the future as far as travel and tourism."
    The facility is the concept of the dinosaur expert known as "Dino" Don Lessem, an author of 47 books on dinosaurs and advisor to Universal Studios' Jurassic Park, Walt Disney Company and Animal Kingdom dinosaur attractions.
    "It will have the largest dinosaur educational facility in the world," said Lessem. "I dug up the biggest dinosaurs and they need a place to live."
    Construction of the facility will be a five-year project, according to McCrady. The first phase is a $200,000 site study paid for by the improvement district to analyze the property, which is located north of Caney Creek on the west side of U.S. Highway 59 North.
    "We'll partner with the state for additional financial needs," said McCrady. "It's a regional attraction not just a state attraction. A lot of people will come from out of state. It's a win for our area and a win for Texas, as well."
    The park is expected to create 500 to 1,000 jobs, according to McCrady.
    New Caney beat Dallas as the final location for the facility, according to Lessem.
    "I liked the look of the community," he said. "The land was completely undeveloped. We want to celebrate nature. This is not a theme park. This is something that hasn't been done before. We want to keep it as pristine as we can."
    Lessem wants the facility to have allied programs with the Houston Museum of Natural Science, the Houston Zoo and have mobile exhibits. Live exotic animals will also be included at the park. Other projects at the facility will include educational outreach tours and field trips.
    Lessem also hopes to create a university affiliation with one of the Texas universities and create a nonprofit foundation to help generate revenue to fund dinosaur research.
    "We want to steer a bit of revenue towards education," he said.
    Lessem explained that the dinosaur park is one way to get children interested in science.
    "You can teach them all about science when they are interested in dinosaurs," he said.
    mfranco@hcnonline.com
    ©Houston Community Newspapers Online 2007

Tracy Lee, Real Estate agent with Flags Real Estate, serving Kingwood, Humble, Atascocita, Northeast Houston area Home buying and Homes for sale. Residential listing, Commercial listing, homes for rent and Houston Relocation. Infomations for communit

Love some Bunny! I do!

44. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,719,034 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

Anyone who has been maliciously attacked on social media and over blogs and media posts over the world wide web will like this discussion. In my case my attacks were unwarranted, slanderous, not factual and purposefully aimed to economically harm my livelihood. They were based on untrue rumors and innuendos.

What is Our Country Coming To?

17 Thursday Apr 2014
    Posted by economicdeveloper in America's Elected Politicians Are Failing to Protect our Freedoms, Inaccurate Reporting by the Media, Scottrade Un-American Business Practices, The Dark Side of Social Media & the Internet, The Next America Discussion
    Leave a comment

Tags
    Scottrade, unAmerican business practices, violation of inalienable rights

Constitutional Rights, I just learned today mean nothing to some reporting companies in the credit and financial industry.
    So, here is my story which has me angry and feeling betrayed even more by our elected leaders.
    I went to open an account at Scottrade the online banking and brokerage firm you see advertised all the time. I gave them my money, they opened my account. When I went to purchase some stock for my IRA, I found my order would not go through..... >snip mindless rambling>

Next I asked Mr. Congeniality (not his real name) to please advise me as to why my account is restricted? He looks me up in his cheery (being fictitious) manner and says their compliance Department has advised them to restrict my account and recommends closing it and returning my money.

Ok, now I’m totally at a loss for words. I have never been told something like this in my life. He says he cannot tell why this has been recommended and gives me the phone number to call their compliance department.

So today I did that. Oh My Gosh here is what I found out. This compliance department isn’t their firm it’s outsourced to some credit and background company. I spoke with the woman and she confirms my identity. Then she says you are being recommend for decline because you have a corruption charge against you from 2012. Now I’m smoking mad. She reminds me that our call is of course tape recorded. “Good, I want your company to know my thoughts on your innuendo you’re spreading about me.” She is polite but can offer me know resolution. So I tell her I sued the City of Huber Heights in 2012 for breach of their contract and not paying me and my team for our services rendered. They counter claimed for misrepresentation… A typical ploy for anyone that is trying to not pay you. The case was dropped by us both. I decided not to pursue them further because I could not recover my cost of litigation because City’s in Ohio are immune to such costs. Therefore my cost to sue them and prevail would far exceed my fees owed. They also dropped their own claim in my opinion because they could not produce any facts to substantiate their claims. None the less, neither side was rendered a final decision in a court of law.

The woman then tells me that this is the charge they are speaking of. I again was dumbstruck with bewilderment. “Miss surely you and your firm understand that such claims are not factual unless a court renders them so?” She then makes a jaw dropping admission, “Sir we base our opinions on articles in the news and through online news reports.” Again I am extremely frustrated, but I trudge ahead. “Miss, you and your firm need to understand that news report in is just opinion not based on necessarily facts, it is just like making choices on unsubstantiated rumors.” She acknowledges that she understands my frustration, but I doubt she really did, so I choose to enlighten her.

“Miss this is the United States of America, we are a Republic not a lynch mob democracy where opinions or popularity govern our way of deciding what is right and wrong. Our nation is ruled by the rule of laws . One of our inalienable rights is all parties are presumed innocent until deemed otherwise by a verdict in a court of law. Our fore fathers fought to create this system and many of our ancestors and our own family today protect our freedom to these rights. Freedom has been earned in our nation with done mighty supreme sacrifices. Your firm is stomping all over my right to being treated fairly by judging me on false rumors and allegations that were not able to be substantiated, so I have no corruption in my history what so ever,”. She apologizes profusely but that did nothing to stop this tranny. I suddenly understand the bigger problem… Our government has somehow allowed this discrimination to be utilized and so it is. Our government is now slowly dismantling our own inalienable rights given to us through our constitution. This is how far our elected leaders have allowed our rights to be diminished.
    We must all stand up and just say “Enough of this!” We must begin to strongly advocate for the transformation of our government back to being of the people, by the people and for the people!

If we all continue to think that all of this is someone else’s problem, then you will soon wake up to realize that America is no longer the land of the free and not the home of enough brace folks to hold our elected leaders accountable for the deplorable lack of acting to protect our rights and you will no longer have such freedoms. You will have quietly allowed them to have been eroded by our own apathy and fear of advocating for what is right . As I say in my book, The Next America, “you are either part of the problem or part of the solution.” If we continue to be too busy to protect our freedoms and rights we will soon regret our decision to do nothing. I hope you speak up, may God help us if we allow this to continue and destroy our great nation from within, just as Lenin predicted.

God Bless America… I will not be silent when I see her under assault by our own elected leaders selling us out! Please join me and others who feel the same way.

All of this was started by the cyber vigilante and cyber stalker called Soapboxmom, who goes around attacking folks based on her own narrow minded opinions and unsubstantiated claims using the false basis of being allowed to do so under her own misguided perception of our freedom of speech rights. She is unethical in her claims and a ruthless mean and malicious vile person that uses the internet to attack people and attempt to ruin their reputation for her own personification. She began all these rumors and it is her own fault that such despicable acts are being tolerated due to our own apathy in protecting our rights as American citizens. Her actions are making a mockery of our rights as well, until at such time as our elected officials create some laws to address such cyber stalkers, but that time is fast approaching.
    Holbrook is obviously deeply disturbed and delusional. The city of Huger Heights sued him. He was the Defendant. He countersued and then sued half of the planet as third part defendants before being laughed out of court for lack of jurisdiction. When is this guy's wife going to get him some desperately needed help?

The Municipal Court of Montgomery County Ohio Eastern DivisiParty Information

PLAINTIFF CITY OF HUBER HEIGHTS OHIO
    DEFENDANT DON ALLEN HOLBROOK LLC
    DEFENDANT CRAIG MALISOW

Judge Information
    MICHAEL L. TUCKER

Case Information
    File Date: 24-APR-12
    Case Descripton: CIVIL
    Case Action: CIVIL ALL OTHER

04/24/2012 CONVENIENCE FEE Receipt: 848086 Date: 04/24/2012
    04/24/2012 INSTRUCTIONS FOR SERVICE ON A NEW CASE BY CERTIFIED MAIL FILED BY L. BLY
    04/24/2012 CASE INFORMATION SHEET FILED BY L. BLY
    04/24/2012 CIVIL DEPOSIT Receipt: 848086 Date: 04/24/2012
    04/24/2012 COMPLAINT Receipt: 848086 Date: 04/24/2012 WITH JURY DEMAND ENDORSED HEREON FILED BY L. BLY

05/29/2012 ANSWER AND COUNTER CLAIM OF DEFENDANT DON ALLEN HOLBROOK, LLC FILED BY Sue Seeberger

06/12/2012 THIRD PARTY COMPLAINT ON BEHALF OF DEFENDANT DON ALLEN HOLBROOK AND THEIR ATTORNEY SUE SEEBERGER

And, Holbrook is full of BS about a lot more. The City of Huber Heights likely dropped the case because he was an uncollectable pauper. He declared bankruptcy in 2007 writing off almost 2 million including 1.29 million in attorney fees. In 2011 he was wallowing in bankruptcy again. The city knew they would never get their money back.

Love some Bunny! I do!

46. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

8 Things Most People Don't Know About Amazon's Bestsellers Rank (Sales Rank)

Amazon Best Seller Rank 50,000 to 100,000 – selling close to 1 book a day.

Amazon Best Seller Rank 10,000 to 50,000 – selling 5 to 15 books a day.
    Amazon Best Seller Rank 5,500 to 10,000 – selling 15 to 25 books a day.
    Amazon Best Seller Rank 3,000 to 5,500 – selling25 to 70 books a day.
    Amazon Best Seller Rank 1,500 to 3,000 – selling70 to 100 books a day.
    Amazon Best Seller Rank 750 to 1,500 – selling 100 to 120 books a day.
    Amazon Best Seller Rank 500 to 750 – selling120 to 175 books a day.
    Amazon Best Seller Rank 350 to 500 – selling175 to 250 books a day.
    Amazon Best Seller Rank 200 to 350 – selling 250 to 500 books a day.
    Amazon Best Seller Rank 35 to 200 -selling500 to 2,000 books a day.
    Amazon Best Seller Rank 20 to 35 – selling 2,000 to 3,000 books a day.
    Amazon Best Seller Rank of 5 to 20 – selling3,000 to 4,000 books a day.
    Amazon Best Seller Rank of 1 to 5 – selling4,000+ books a day.
    If this website is correct then Holbrook isn't even averaging 1 book sale a day. Hilarious!

less than a book a day
    How to hack the Amazon.com bestseller list | Tim Grahl
    A couple caveats:

• Don’t try to game the system. If you buy 1000 copies of your own book, you won’t hit the bestseller list. If your friend buys 1000 copies of your book, you won’t hit the bestseller list. Amazon keeps track of IP addresses, credit cards, etc to make sure authors aren’t buying their way onto the list. The best strategy is to build your tribe and activate them to buy the book all at the same time.
    • These numbers change day to day. All of the bestseller spots are relative to other book sales. If you generate 3000 sales in a day but another author sells 4000, you’ll rank lower.
    How many colossal failures must Holbrook have in the public eye before he crawls back under his rock???

Love some Bunny! I do!

48. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I find it hilarious Sir Talks-a-Lot gave a glowing acknowledgement to Lessum. Guess he forgot about Lessum's less than flattering acknowledgement of him in his interview with Malisow. "His profession is about professional bullshitting'.......that's RICH

50. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post