Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By laidback
  • 1 Post By Blue Wolf

Thread: Guy Finley - The Road To Good Fortune

  1. #1
    Blue Wolf's Avatar
    Blue Wolf is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    282

    Guy Finley - The Road To Good Fortune

    If somebody were to ask me what "The Road to Good Fortune" is about, I would have to say, "I don't know."

    This audio program is made by "best-selling self-development author" Guy Finley. Apparently Mr. Finley thinks he has many secrets that the rest of us don't know about.

    In fact, Finley himself claims that this material contains "some of the greatest psychological and spiritual secrets ever revealed."

    So what exactly are these secrets?

    In his speeches, he says things like:

    "Christ said, 'Resist not evil.'"

    "Real growth, real wealth comes on the other side of a risk."

    "The weight of any trouble in your life is determined by how much you fear it."

    "Stop letting fear change you into what it wants to make you."

    "You become what you love."


    This program also comes with a workbook that is filled with quotes from his other books.

    Here are some of the quotes in the workbook:

    "Allow the Truth to awaken in you the remembrance that you are not here to remain you."

    "The Way is what unfolds as you begin seeking it."

    "Our first responsibility in not to win over this world but to raise ourselves above it."

    "Each newly aroused need to be Awake is the next step in your Awakening."

    "Awareness of any fearful disturbance must precede your freedom from it: This is the one True Order upon which self rescue is founded."

    "False life is exhausting; Real Life is inexhaustible."

    "Persist at all costs with your studies of the Truth, because within Its World everything you learn you earn."

    "At the end of every road in life is shown the truth of its beginning, which means that any first step reveals the last step if you know how to see."

    "When we seek this world we win its gifts that are fashioned in time, but when we seek the Celestial we find ourselves and that we've something within us which made the stars."


    Some of you are probably saying, "Huh?"

    If you're wondering what these quotes mean, you're not alone. I don't understand them either.

    And that's the problem. Finley seems to think that saying things that we don't understand somehow makes him look wise.

    It doesn't. It just makes him a poor communicator.

    A good communicator makes sure that his audience understands what he's saying. Finley doesn't seem to understand this. Or maybe he doesn't care.

    Or perhaps this is his way of covering up the fact that he is not saying anything useful.

    While listening to him talk, most of the time I was wondering what his point was.

    In one part his speech, Finley said, "In case you're wondering if some human being is good or strong or wiser than you are, there's no such thing. What a relief."

    I thought that was a strange thing to say. Doesn't Finley think that he's wiser than us because he is the "knower" of secrets?

    (And yes, I do know that there are people who are stronger and wiser than I am. Trying to deny this won't change that fact.)

    In another part, he said, "Trying to make yourself happy by making a lot of money is an absolute waste of time."

    LOL . . . isn't that what he's trying to do? Why else did he sell me this?

    In the workbook, he also mentions that he has other books and material that you can buy from him.

    That annoyed me. If he has other secrets, why didn't he put them in this program?

    Couldn't he just put everything in one book and sell that to people?

    Since he has nothing important to say in this program, I don't think his other material is any different. So I won't buy any of his other books. I already wasted my money on this.

    Finley reminds me of Robert Kiyosaki. They both like talking on and on for hours, acting like they're very smart and thinking that their ideas are important and useful.

    But they're not.

    Listening to Guy Finley will leave you scratching your head and saying, "WTF?"

    So on a scale of 1 through 10 (with 1 being worthless and 10 being extremely useful/valuable), I rate "The Road to Good Fortune" as a 1.

  2. #2
    chakrahealingman is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2

    Re: Guy Finley - The Road To Good Fortune

    You don't know what The Road to Good Fortune is about because you are reading it from a level of consciousness that cannot understand the paradox that is part of deeper spiritual teachings. He has nothing important to say to you because you appear to know everything already but you are not able to enter a state of awareness that is referred to as knowing. Knowing is where the subject object split is resolved. Don't try to understand this with the intellect because it cannot be done. If all you do is read the book and do not practice the techniques all that you get is more knowledge.

    I you are going to critisise the writing of someone at least do it from a place of awareness. It is clear to me that you do not know what you are commenting on. There seems to be an issue that you paid money for something you can't understand. Maybe you could admit to the fact that it is beyond you. If you are going to submit content to about a scam then at least have the humility to be clear about what a scam is.

    Guy Finley is a spiritual writer and he writes from an awareness that requires an ability to understand paradox and metaphor. If you aren't able to enter into this paradoxical invitation don't call it a scam.

    On a scale of 1 through to 10 (1 being worthless and 10 being extremely useful/valuable), I rate your review of The Road to Good Fortune as 0. It is a grip about buying a book that you wanted to make you a fortune when it is a book about realising the fortune within you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Wolf View Post
    If somebody were to ask me what "The Road to Good Fortune" is about, I would have to say, "I don't know."

    This audio program is made by "best-selling self-development author" Guy Finley. Apparently Mr. Finley thinks he has many secrets that the rest of us don't know about.

    In fact, Finley himself claims that this material contains "some of the greatest psychological and spiritual secrets ever revealed."

    So what exactly are these secrets?

    In his speeches, he says things like:

    "Christ said, 'Resist not evil.'"

    "Real growth, real wealth comes on the other side of a risk."

    "The weight of any trouble in your life is determined by how much you fear it."

    "Stop letting fear change you into what it wants to make you."

    "You become what you love."


    This program also comes with a workbook that is filled with quotes from his other books.

    Here are some of the quotes in the workbook:

    "Allow the Truth to awaken in you the remembrance that you are not here to remain you."

    "The Way is what unfolds as you begin seeking it."

    "Our first responsibility in not to win over this world but to raise ourselves above it."

    "Each newly aroused need to be Awake is the next step in your Awakening."

    "Awareness of any fearful disturbance must precede your freedom from it: This is the one True Order upon which self rescue is founded."

    "False life is exhausting; Real Life is inexhaustible."

    "Persist at all costs with your studies of the Truth, because within Its World everything you learn you earn."

    "At the end of every road in life is shown the truth of its beginning, which means that any first step reveals the last step if you know how to see."

    "When we seek this world we win its gifts that are fashioned in time, but when we seek the Celestial we find ourselves and that we've something within us which made the stars."


    Some of you are probably saying, "Huh?"

    If you're wondering what these quotes mean, you're not alone. I don't understand them either.

    And that's the problem. Finley seems to think that saying things that we don't understand somehow makes him look wise.

    It doesn't. It just makes him a poor communicator.

    A good communicator makes sure that his audience understands what he's saying. Finley doesn't seem to understand this. Or maybe he doesn't care.

    Or perhaps this is his way of covering up the fact that he is not saying anything useful.

    While listening to him talk, most of the time I was wondering what his point was.

    In one part his speech, Finley said, "In case you're wondering if some human being is good or strong or wiser than you are, there's no such thing. What a relief."

    I thought that was a strange thing to say. Doesn't Finley think that he's wiser than us because he is the "knower" of secrets?

    (And yes, I do know that there are people who are stronger and wiser than I am. Trying to deny this won't change that fact.)

    In another part, he said, "Trying to make yourself happy by making a lot of money is an absolute waste of time."

    LOL . . . isn't that what he's trying to do? Why else did he sell me this?

    In the workbook, he also mentions that he has other books and material that you can buy from him.

    That annoyed me. If he has other secrets, why didn't he put them in this program?

    Couldn't he just put everything in one book and sell that to people?

    Since he has nothing important to say in this program, I don't think his other material is any different. So I won't buy any of his other books. I already wasted my money on this.

    Finley reminds me of Robert Kiyosaki. They both like talking on and on for hours, acting like they're very smart and thinking that their ideas are important and useful.

    But they're not.

    Listening to Guy Finley will leave you scratching your head and saying, "WTF?"

    So on a scale of 1 through 10 (with 1 being worthless and 10 being extremely useful/valuable), I rate "The Road to Good Fortune" as a 1.

  3. #3
    chakrahealingman is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2

    Re: Guy Finley - The Road To Good Fortune

    I suspect that you don't know what The Road to Good Fortune is about because you are reading it from a level of consciousness that cannot understand the paradox that is part of deeper spiritual teachings. My feeling is that you bought this book in order to make a fortune. This isn't what this book is about and you clearly show that you do not understand the invitations within the book. The title I admit may well have been misleading.

    Guy Finley probably has nothing important to say to you because you appear to know everything already. You appear to not understand any of the quotes given in the workbook but anyone with an elementary understanding of spirituality understands much of what these quotes are inviting.

    You say that Guy Finley may be covering up for not being able to say anything useful. Actually you are simply sharing in your post that it is you who do not have the ability to understand fairly modest spiritual truths. You seem unaware of the wisdom state of knowing. When one claims knowing this is a spiritual state beyond cerebral knowledge.

    Knowing is where the subject object split is resolved and one enters the state where one knows who one is and why one is. This is the real fortune and has nothing to do with trying to make a fortune as an ethical business builder. This form of awareness is a secret because it is a form of interior wisdom. It arises within the individual who practices the given techniques and doesn't just buy books and read them.

    If all you do is read the book and do not practice the techniques all that you get is more knowledge or as in your case frustration because the language isn't the language of the get rich quick business builder.

    If you are going to critisise the writing of someone at least do it from a place of awareness. It is clear to me that you do not know what you are commenting on. There seems to be an issue that you paid money for something you can't understand. Maybe you could admit to the fact that it is beyond you.

    If you are going to submit content to about a scam then at least have the humility to be clear about what a scam is.

    Guy Finley is a spiritual writer and he writes from an awareness that requires an ability to understand paradox and metaphor. If you aren't able to enter into this paradoxical invitation don't call it a scam. I think you confused the title of the book as some invitation to making a fortune. I suppose that is an honest mistake. The greater mistake however, is I think in writing about a book that you have no real understanding of and are reviewing it in that light (or in the dark would be more to the point).

    On a scale of 1 through to 10 (1 being worthless and 10 being extremely useful/valuable), I rate your review of The Road to Good Fortune as 3. It is in my view a gripe about a book that you wanted to make you a fortune when it is a book about realising the fortune within you. I wish you good fortune and I hope it arises from within you


    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Wolf View Post
    If somebody were to ask me what "The Road to Good Fortune" is about, I would have to say, "I don't know."

    This audio program is made by "best-selling self-development author" Guy Finley. Apparently Mr. Finley thinks he has many secrets that the rest of us don't know about.

    In fact, Finley himself claims that this material contains "some of the greatest psychological and spiritual secrets ever revealed."

    So what exactly are these secrets?

    In his speeches, he says things like:

    "Christ said, 'Resist not evil.'"

    "Real growth, real wealth comes on the other side of a risk."

    "The weight of any trouble in your life is determined by how much you fear it."

    "Stop letting fear change you into what it wants to make you."

    "You become what you love."


    This program also comes with a workbook that is filled with quotes from his other books.

    Here are some of the quotes in the workbook:

    "Allow the Truth to awaken in you the remembrance that you are not here to remain you."

    "The Way is what unfolds as you begin seeking it."

    "Our first responsibility in not to win over this world but to raise ourselves above it."

    "Each newly aroused need to be Awake is the next step in your Awakening."

    "Awareness of any fearful disturbance must precede your freedom from it: This is the one True Order upon which self rescue is founded."

    "False life is exhausting; Real Life is inexhaustible."

    "Persist at all costs with your studies of the Truth, because within Its World everything you learn you earn."

    "At the end of every road in life is shown the truth of its beginning, which means that any first step reveals the last step if you know how to see."

    "When we seek this world we win its gifts that are fashioned in time, but when we seek the Celestial we find ourselves and that we've something within us which made the stars."


    Some of you are probably saying, "Huh?"

    If you're wondering what these quotes mean, you're not alone. I don't understand them either.

    And that's the problem. Finley seems to think that saying things that we don't understand somehow makes him look wise.

    It doesn't. It just makes him a poor communicator.

    A good communicator makes sure that his audience understands what he's saying. Finley doesn't seem to understand this. Or maybe he doesn't care.

    Or perhaps this is his way of covering up the fact that he is not saying anything useful.

    While listening to him talk, most of the time I was wondering what his point was.

    In one part his speech, Finley said, "In case you're wondering if some human being is good or strong or wiser than you are, there's no such thing. What a relief."

    I thought that was a strange thing to say. Doesn't Finley think that he's wiser than us because he is the "knower" of secrets?

    (And yes, I do know that there are people who are stronger and wiser than I am. Trying to deny this won't change that fact.)

    In another part, he said, "Trying to make yourself happy by making a lot of money is an absolute waste of time."

    LOL . . . isn't that what he's trying to do? Why else did he sell me this?

    In the workbook, he also mentions that he has other books and material that you can buy from him.

    That annoyed me. If he has other secrets, why didn't he put them in this program?

    Couldn't he just put everything in one book and sell that to people?

    Since he has nothing important to say in this program, I don't think his other material is any different. So I won't buy any of his other books. I already wasted my money on this.

    Finley reminds me of Robert Kiyosaki. They both like talking on and on for hours, acting like they're very smart and thinking that their ideas are important and useful.

    But they're not.

    Listening to Guy Finley will leave you scratching your head and saying, "WTF?"

    So on a scale of 1 through 10 (with 1 being worthless and 10 being extremely useful/valuable), I rate "The Road to Good Fortune" as a 1.

  4. #4
    littleroundman is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,446

    Re: Guy Finley - The Road To Good Fortune

    Quote Originally Posted by chakrahealingman View Post
    I suspect
    yada
    yada
    yada
    waffle
    more yada
    even more waffle
    Mate,
    could you possibly fit more disclaimers in your post ???

    Probably not.

    I've never seen so many "suspect" "feeling" "probably" and "I thinks" in one post in my life.

    There's no need to get all "spiritual guru" on us here.

    You haven't got a bloody clue as to the experiences and/or understanding of the posters on this forum.

    You have no idea who has read what and even less idea about the level of "understanding" posters here have.

    Oh, and there's absolutely no need for you to look for any "paradox" or "metaphor" in what I've said.

    Both you and Guy Finley are a pair of pseudo spiritual wannabes and AdLand is a perfect place for you to hang out.

    It's people like you who make "spirituality" the butt of so many jokes.

    In other words, go away, you fake.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

  5. #5
    laidback's Avatar
    laidback is offline Senior Troll
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973

    Re: Guy Finley - The Road To Good Fortune

    @chakrahealingman; Besides posting your drivel twice, you are approaching the discussion from the "you're too stupid to understand" slant, which is condescending, if not downright insulting! This guy is making money, (as is his right, I suppose) selling a bunch of bumper sticker sayings, and his supporters calling it great philosophy...! This guy, Kiyosaki and many other "gurus" make their living with teasers; giving you just enough info to try to get you to want the punchline, but there never is one!!!
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

  6. #6
    joechaim is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1

    Re: Guy Finley - The Road To Good Fortune

    Quote Originally Posted by laidback View Post
    @chakrahealingman; Besides posting your drivel twice, you are approaching the discussion from the "you're too stupid to understand" slant, which is condescending, if not downright insulting! This guy is making money, (as is his right, I suppose) selling a bunch of bumper sticker sayings, and his supporters calling it great philosophy...! This guy, Kiyosaki and many other "gurus" make their living with teasers; giving you just enough info to try to get you to want the punchline, but there never is one!!!
    I think that if Guy Finley left you scatching your head, he did his job. It was not his job to make you the fortune, but help realize it.

    In my opinion, if the audio book is enjoyable and helps you clarify what you want and how you are going to get it, then the material is effective and Guy Finley deserves to be paid.

    Call it a teaser, but if a girl/guy teases you a whole bunch and then drops you -- you then have way more drive to go out and find another one. Its a fact.

    It may seems ass backwards, but even though you are confused at the end, you still advanced those thoughts in your mind, and that counts in my book.

  7. #7
    baylee is offline Senior Scambuster
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    980

    Re: Guy Finley - The Road To Good Fortune

    Quote Originally Posted by chakrahealingman View Post
    You don't know what The Road to Good Fortune is about because you are reading it from a level of consciousness that cannot understand the paradox that is part of deeper spiritual teachings. He has nothing important to say to you because you appear to know everything already but you are not able to enter a state of awareness that is referred to as knowing. Knowing is where the subject object split is resolved. Don't try to understand this with the intellect because it cannot be done. If all you do is read the book and do not practice the techniques all that you get is more knowledge.


    Guy Finley is a spiritual writer and he writes from an awareness that requires an ability to understand paradox and metaphor. If you aren't able to enter into this paradoxical invitation don't call it a scam.
    .
    I must be walking through an airport terminal reading this crap!

  8. #8
    Whip's Avatar
    Whip is offline Anonymous. As are you all
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,035

    Re: Guy Finley - The Road To Good Fortune

    Quote Originally Posted by baylee View Post
    I must be walking through an airport terminal reading this crap!
    duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

  9. #9
    Nancetta is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    356

    Re: Guy Finley - The Road To Good Fortune

    Quote Originally Posted by joechaim View Post
    Call it a teaser, but if a girl/guy teases you a whole bunch and then drops you -- you then have way more drive to go out and find another one. Its a fact.
    So, if a girl/guy 'teases me a whole bunch then drops me'...I have 'way more drive to go out and find another one to 'play me the fool'?? This is your argument??

    It may seems ass backwards
    You don't say?

  10. #10
    Blue Wolf's Avatar
    Blue Wolf is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    282

    Re: Guy Finley - The Road To Good Fortune

    Quote Originally Posted by joechaim View Post
    I think that if Guy Finley left you scatching your head, he did his job.
    I'm scratching my head wondering why you would say something so incredibly stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by joechaim View Post
    In my opinion, if the audio book is enjoyable and helps you clarify what you want and how you are going to get it, then the material is effective and Guy Finley deserves to be paid.
    I don't think a man deserves to be paid when he makes no valuable contribution to society.

    And his book was not enjoyable. I'd rather have an angry cat jump on my face (which has happened before) than listen to him speak again.

    Quote Originally Posted by joechaim View Post
    It may seems ass backwards, but even though you are confused at the end, you still advanced those thoughts in your mind, and that counts in my book.
    Congratulations!

    It appears that you have what it takes to be the next Guy Finley or Robert Kiyosaki.

    Just write a book filled with useless gibberish and pretend like you're helping people. Your last line can say, " . . . and that counts in my book." It's a gread ending.

    And what happens when people are upset and complain that you ripped them off?

    No problem . . . if you don't have a conscience, you won't feel anything.

  11. #11
    Poyol's Avatar
    Poyol is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,360

    Re: Guy Finley - The Road To Good Fortune

    level of consciousness
    Hahahahahahaha!
    Skype: JasonAntClark Email: jason-clark@outlook.com

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 04-26-2011, 02:50 PM
  2. 04-22-2011, 09:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on this website are solely those of their respective authors.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42