Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

http://donholbrook.typepad.com/partnership_PR.pdf

As far as I can tell the academic world has completely ignored Holbrook. Try looking for speaking engagements at universities and colleges. Try looking for academic papers that cite Holbrook and /or his books. I am digging furiously and coming up empty handed! Perhaps he will enlighten us about all that!
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

re: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

Ha ha ha ha. surely you jest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My co-conspirators are busy digging as well. I received this in my box:

http://www.iese.edu/research/pdfs/DI-0884-E.pdf

Notice, this was written in late 2010 and shockingly Holbrook and his works are not cited. World history is going to have to be rewritten as the 100s of projects worth billions of dollars and 50,000 jobs created aren't by such are not being properly documented. Holbrook's biggest claim to fame might soon be proven to be he is just a big gasbag!!!!
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The gasbag is going to town:

At 6:50 we have The Next Next Big Thing. Did you know we are addicted to bubbles???

At 7:31 we have the Current Economy section of the gasbag report. He advises us to"live within our means and change our lifestyles" He then goes on about our debtors. This from a guy that wrote of 1.8 million in a chapter 7 bankruptcy filed in 2007 while working on Earthquest that wasn't discharged until 2010 (after he had made over $800,000.00 from Earthquest alone in 2009 and had gone on his grand tour of Europe.) Now, he has a chapter 11 bankruptcy in progress. Pretty damned cheeky lecturing us on fiscal responsibility, ya think???

Listen for yourself if you have a barf bag handy!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The conspirators are busy at work reading public pages:

Don Holbrook

Activity
    Recent

Videos - Tube Links

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________
    I am speechless.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The hilarity on KU continues:
    pantherdadx2 --- 6 hours ago - quote - hide comments The peasants have spoken!!...Thy keystrokes hath proven mightier than the imaginary sword weilded byeth the Dark Knight(Lord and Master of the Internet) Methinks the paltry sum Sir Holbrook donated to the re-election campaign of the Nights of the Square Table wasn't even enough for the Last Supper at Chez Nous! What a SLAP IN THE FACE. Democracy is a wonderful thing, isn't it? This is just the beginning.
    pantherdadx2 --- 6 hours ago - quote - hide comments I meant to say the TIP at the Last Supper. Lol

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

• Don Holbrook's cheerleaders are still at it on the Houston Press:
    • Allthetimeready 1 hour ago

Only 2 new members were elected to the EMCID board. The EMCID board still has more people supporting the project. Martin Wise LOST. LOL! Yesterday's election will have very little impact on the EarthQuest project.
      The EMCID will see to it that East Montgomery County will have something to show for the extra taxes that the residents of East Montgomery County will be paying for the next 28 years. Nothing but a project like EarthQuest will generated the revenue needed to justify those taxes.
      The project is and will still move forward. Just because no one invites or notifies bored, sued, desperate housewives( soapboxmoms) doesn't mean that investors are not being pursued at this very moment. Happy MOTHER's day.

Real-time updating is enabled. (Pause)

• Holbrook indicated to Pahrump in writing that the project had not been rephased in May 2011. He said flat out that groundbreaking was to occur in Texas by December 2011 or early 2012. He also said emphatically that it was not reduced in size or scope. So, just how it is that this Titanic, that is to have its day with destiny according to the Tribune, is going to move forward? (bottoms up!)
      I assume you have verification that there are in fact investors coming on board and can give us a current figure that reflects the amount raised.
      My little muffin, you do realize that sued is past tense? So, let's have the court of filing and case number for this suit you are braying about.

There is media coverage coming in Ohio as that suit is in progress. This should be quite interesting to follow. I assume Holbrook will talk to reporters from Ohio I always cooperate with the media and law enforcement.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don Holbrook

The Next America: Moving Beyond a Fragile Economy at Author
    Las Vegas, Nevada Area Capital Markets
    Current

see less

Past

• Consultant at EMCID
    • Senior Project Director at The Institute EarthQuest
    • President/CEO at Professional Economic Development Organizations

Education

• University of Phoenix
    • Wright State University
    • Wright State University

Recommendations 10 people have recommended Don
    Connections 500+ connections
    Websites

Twitter 9thTemplar
    Public Profile Don Holbrook | LinkedIn

Expanded profile views are available only to premium account holders. Upgrade your account.

Summary

My professional practice asists both businesses in need of capitalization for their operations and/or in search of a new location for relocation or expansion of new business opportunities and market expansion. We discover the most advantageous business climate and location, recommend the short-list of possible facilities or sites, and negotiate public incentives and inducements that lower the upfront costs of such investments and increase the equity and thus ROI to the ownership.

We also work with communities to recommend the creation of incentive and capitalization strategies and tools that will increase their ability to attract investment into their locales. Our focus is on deals that create quality jobs, significant investment and improve the quality of life for residents of our community clients. typically this helps the community economic development organization diversify their economy and improve their outcomes to their communities.
    Specialties

Site Location Analysis, Business capitalization, Hybrid capitalization using special economic development tools, public policy such as incentive strategies tied to ROI, deal negotiations for public incentives and investment inducements
    That was his LinkedIn page until just recently. Today I notice:

3rd Don Holbrook

Author/Keynote Speaker/Public Policy Business Incentives-Site Location Consultant
    Las Vegas, Nevada Capital Markets
    Current
    • The Next America: Moving Beyond a Fragile Economy at Author and Keynote Speaker
    • Interim President & CEO (acting on pro-bono basis currently) at The EarthQuest Institute
    • Author at Knights Templar Fictional Book Project

So, now all of a sudden he is back working for the EMCID? Earthquest is extinct and I vigorously object to any more tax dollars being paid to Holbrook. He was part of the deception where the taxpayers were kept in the dark about the bankruptcy and given totally unrealistic starting dates when the financing was not firmly in place. Hotels and other businesses have gone under and people have lost their life savings due to these shenanigans. Lessem formally bailed in November 2011 as he knew this Titanic was going done.

Holbrook is now in the middle of a lawsuit with Ohio. And, most egregiously, he is waging a vicious attack on the people of Texas who dare to speak out about him and his involvement in Earthquest. The EMCID office doesn't know if Holbrook is still a consultant or being paid???? Why would they have any association with a liar who is threatening ligation against any Texan who wishes to discuss how their taxpayer dollars are spent on Earthquest? Law enforcement needs to step in and investigate what is going on in that office and just where tax money is going!

Frank McCrady needs to be terminated immediately for not stepping up to the plate and putting a stop to Holbrook's shenanigans. McCrady brought Holbrook in and he should not be standing by while he viciously attacks Texans who absolutely have the right to be discussing Earthquest and related topics. Disgusting!!!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LRM found a slew of these articles. I intend to archive them all here and ask the obvious question. Why didn't Frank McCrady and the EMCID see these??? Poor Holbrook has all the heathen peasants of the world conspiring against him. Oh, the humanity!!!!

1/11/2006 6:55:00 PM
    EDITORIAL: At Wayne County EDC, secrecy thrives, suspicions arise
    Palladium-Item

The Palladium-Item
    If responsible local development officials cannot get answers to questions fast, it's past time to fire Don Holbrook, the embattled president of the Economic Development Corporation of Wayne County.

1/26/2006 2:01:00 PM
    Some Richmond officials agree on proposed firing of development head
    Palladium-Item

By Bill Engle, Palladium-Item staff writer

Four Richmond Common Council members agree with the Wayne County commissioners: It's time for Don Holbrook to go.
    Those council members responded Wednesday to the news that the commissioners called for Holbrook, president of the Economic Development Corp. of Wayne County, to be fired by saying they too want the controversy to end.

1/26/2006 1:48:00 PM
    Wayne County Commissioners: Holbrook must go
    County Commissioners Mary Heyob, Tom Dickman and John Catey asked the EDC Wednesday morning to terminate the contract of Don Holbrook. Palladium-Item photo by Steve Koger

Palladium-Item

By Rebecca Helmes, Palladium-Item staff writer
    Support for the president of the Economic Development Corp. of Wayne County slipped Wednesday after the Wayne County Board of Commissioners called for his firing.

Palladium-Item

By Bill Engle, Palladium-Item staff writer

Four Richmond Common Council members agree with the Wayne County commissioners: It's time for Don Holbrook to go.
    Those council members responded Wednesday to the news that the commissioners called for Holbrook, president of the Economic Development Corp. of Wayne County, to be fired by saying they too want the controversy to end.

1/29/2006 2:50:00 PM
    Richmond mayor Hutton: 'We're the laughingstock of the state'
    Palladium-Item

By Mary Sell and Bill Engle, Palladium-Item staff writers

Richmond Mayor Sally Hutton remained tight-lipped Friday about her thoughts on the future of Don Holbrook, the embattled president of the Economic Development Corp. of Wayne County.
    Hutton, who makes three appointments to the EDC board, would say only that the situation needs to be resolved.

1/31/2006 3:36:00 PM
    Wayne County EDC president criticizes Palladium-Item in latest letter
    Palladium-Item

Palladium-Item
    Editor’s note: EDC president Don Holbrook submitted a letter to the editor at 10:30 p.m. Monday, past deadline for Tuesday’s print edition of the Palladium-Item. P-I editors felt it important to publish his letter online before today’s public meeting of the EDC board.

Dear Editor,
    This Tuesday afternoon, the EDC of Wayne County Board of Directors will decide my fate as the organization’s president. Their tough decision will mark the end of one of the most difficult chapters of my life, certainly the most difficult for my family. It is bitterly ironic that we have received such horrible and unchristian treatment in a community in the center of the bible belt. This community purports to pride itself on practicing Godly values such as kindness, patience, understanding and courtesy at least on Sundays.

2/1/2006 3:37:00 PM
    Holbrook out at Economic Development Corp. of Wayne County
    Don Holbrook stands in the doorway as EDC board members vote with a show of hands to terminate him as president during an open meeting Tuesday. Palladium-Item photo by Joshua Smith

Palladium-Item

By Mary Sell and Bill Engle, Palladium-Item staff writers
    EDC board members want to move forward with economic development -- without Don Holbrook.
    The board of the Economic Development Corp. of Wayne County on Tuesday fired Holbrook, the organization's president for the last 16 months.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

The IEDC should create a new award. How about a lifetime gasbag award???

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Friendswood to buy dino-land - Monday, May 14, 2012 - Copyright 2007 Ourtribune.com

Wow! Chris Brown of Contour thought Marlin Atlantis White / Whitestone / the failed developers were out unless they came forward with a huge check. Little did he know that they would be the ones with the option to buy back the Earthquest land from Lennar Homes / Friendswood. What a mess.

Holbrook of course was quick to blame Marlin Atlantis White for the problems with Earthquest. Did Holbrook and Frank McCrady not seek legal advice related to getting that bunch our of the Earthquest project completely as they should have? The public was told that Marlin Atlantis was out and Contour was the developer. If that is the case, Contour should be the ones with the option to buy the Earthquest property. Ridiculous!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

pantherdadx2 --- 2 hours ago - quote - hide comments Just read the letter Holbrook wrote to Wayne Co. dated 1/31/2006, SBM. Noticed simularities to the one written by him to this thread 1 wk. ago. Who's sounding like a "Christlike" Sunday bible "toter" and serpent-like snake-oil salesman the other 6 days of the wk. now! Does the names Bakker/ Swaggert sound famiLIAR? Some of the comments toward the end of that letter sounded eerily simular to the ones made by those clowns before they finally confessed. FAT chance of the supreme Master of the Internet doing that! Add a couple more BAGS to the ever expanding list to desribe him, "SCUM" AND "SCAM". Can't wait to hear the next ignorant comment flying forth from his piehole. The next group of indivuals getting the blame from him for the debacle that is EarthQuest will be the taxpayers of EMC that were responsible for the changing of the guard at EMCID! The Pompousity of this man! How does this man bait the hook for those dumb enough to take it? Does he send a mass mailer inviting them to a 24 hr. wine-tasting bender in the bowels of his winery?....I need to take a break, my head hurts

pantherdadx2 --- 2 hours ago - quote - hide comments Thanks 510

Dear Editor,
    This Tuesday afternoon, the EDC of Wayne County Board of Directors will decide my fate as the organization’s president. Their tough decision will mark the end of one of the most difficult chapters of my life, certainly the most difficult for my family. It is bitterly ironic that we have received such horrible and unchristian treatment in a community in the center of the bible belt. This community purports to pride itself on practicing Godly values such as kindness, patience, understanding and courtesy at least on Sundays.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Holbrook opened a huge can of worms. From the HP:
    Just Been Paid 11 minutes ago
    Another case that will show that freedom of speech is not crossing the line causing hatred, harassment, loss of income, and other acts that Heather and Paul Dobrott have gone way above the legal threshold. Don is going to have a field day when his legal action get to the court room. It won't be some silly summary judgement that Heather Dobrott shouts all day.
    http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcp...

Unless Mr. Holbrook has authorized you to speak on his behalf, you would be well advised to be careful what you say. Holbrook may not want to turn over his tax returns and other financial records to prove the loss of income you are braying about.
    Of course, those documents would show just what he has earned from those 100s of projects he brags of, his speaking engagements, book sales and clients. It would also out your identity as all the parties would be seeking information on the posters commenting on this dino disaster / Fantasy Land.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

What's this "and Paul Dobrott" business? Where has Paul posted so much as a single word regarding Holbrook, to be included in this madness?
    If you are in Prosper With Integrity, and do not like that your personal information has been published here, please talk to these good people: http://www.attorneygeneral.gov http://www.ic3.gov http://www.fbi.gov

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I posted 1 time on Amazon when he was logged in. He hasn't written a single comment.

Every nut has crawled out from under their rock and I would bet Don Holbrook is really wishing he hadn't started this bloody internet fight. He is going to find it an expensive and likely losing battle to stop public discussions of matters of public concern and expenditure of tax dollars. Good grief!!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dear Readers of this blog, as stated, this is a serious legal issue. Please note that I am brining litigation against Ms. Soapboxmom (Heather Dobrott et al) she received a letter from my attorney which very carefully stated she has until May 11th to substantiate with valid facts and evidence of her Libel comments. Ms. Dobrott is digging herself a very deep legal hole and her malicious attacks on my business and my professional reputation are purposeful and with willful intent to harm my livelihood. She has made very poor decisions in business and ignorance of the law will not excuse her nor any of you who choose to continue in this libel from the liabilities that are piling on yourselves. By spreading libel and then encouraging others unwittingly to participate on this page is just bringing other previously innocent people into her web of fictional conspiracy. I would encourage anyone on this web page to take note in the recent $13M Texas award of damages to those folks using and promoting anonymous libel about innocent people. I saw Ms. Dobrott's false sense of pompous legal acumen, but the first amendment and even the TX law she cites, does not protect anyone from Libel, Slander, and Defamation of Character all federally protected civil rights, neither do they protect anyone from tortiously interfering with another person's livelihood with malicious and purposeful intent. Anyone who wishes to challenge my legal right to protect my professional reputation from Libel and other unlawful activities, needs to get advice from a real attorney. This is a very serious matter.
    At the appropriate time we will know every computer ID that has made comments on any web site that aids in this process and those that make such comments must be prepared to deal with the litigation that is coming this month. If you continue to wrongfully and falsely comment on me, my business, and further ruin my professional reputation and/or harm my livelihood and/or personal affairs for libel, slander, defamation or other malicious intent you do so at your own risk. For some the damages have been done and avoiding litigation is impossible in my opinion, but for those of you bright enough to discontinue your libel comments you may still avoid litigation. Be smart and do not be baited into legal liabilities by a person such as Heather Dobrott. She obviously has too much time on her hands and her mind goes to conspiracy theories as her own form of sick entertainment. That is her own affair until it harms others with such malicious intent that it wrecks their business for spreading virally false information and doing so for her own self-gratification reasons and whatever other twisted reasons that she has somehow justified to herself naively.
    Just to reinforce this portrayed sense of obligation that the media and Ms. Dobrott and others continue to cite with regard to questioning why I will not post my completed, pending or other professional work on some website such as this? Anyone with half an ounce of intellect would know that given the nature of these people doing these attacks they would harass and bombard my former clients and others and use their cyber bullying to instigate further economic and professional reputation harm to me. No businessman would subject their clients to these folks relentless badgering. Secondary to that is that in many cases business consultants such as myself always sign non-disclosure agreements and would not violate those terms at the request of their clients. Lastly, I have seen the tactics of these media folks and bloggers first hand and will never give them another platform to attack not only myself but my clients for projects completed in some cases over 20 years ago. I have no trust in their ability to conduct themselves professionally. In my opinion, these poorly written articles by investigate reporters such as Malisow, and bloggers such as Dobrott and Frank Maurizio try to justify all their malicious and harmful behavior as they allege that they are seeking the truth and trying to expose things that are not illegal nor unethical at all, by twisting the truth, misinterpreting and misrepresenting or in some cases not seeking to find actual valid facts, and sensationalizing fictional theories in order to cause harm to innocent people and businesses, such as myself.
    Holbrook's attorney wanted to know what authorities I have been contacting. Well, just today I went to the post office with the bankruptcy papers, reported earnings in the newspaper reports culled from the Earthquest bond disclosures and IRS filings for the defunct charity Holbrook is responsible for to be sent to the IRS. How one's LLC can get paid $773,000.00 while one claims a gross income of just $90,000.00 needs to be addressed. And, how someone making $90,000.00 gross income affords a grand tour of Europe is another mystery for the IRS. I also sent in a complaint to the Attorney General's Office about the Earthquest charity records, which are in possession of the EMCID, being unlawfully withheld. So, there ya go Ms. Sue Seeberger. And, lest I forget I have talked to another newspaper reporter. Any other requests???

I am still laughing about this lengthy diatribe. No non-disclosure agreement should stop Holbrook from simply naming the projects he has completed. If he can't substantiate that claim then it shouldn't have been made in the first place. I should tell my favorite lawyer that "Libel, Slander, and Defamation of Character all federally protected civil rights." That is quite a gas! I can't wait for the future article(s) about Mr. Holbrook. Just imagine the hilarious meltdowns this forthcoming media coverage could set off!!!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://204.248.116.98/WebLink8/0/doc/25353/Page29.aspx
    TERMINA nON APPEAL: Ms, Kuderer stated that Mr, Fridell should come to the podium. He stated he
    was present as representative for Don Ho]brook who was out of state pursuing
    employment possibilities, Mr. FrideU gave lengthy discussion beginning with
    the letter President Tracey sent to Mr, Holbrook dated February 20th 1998 where
    a motion was passed by the Commission that Mr. Holbrook's employment be
    immediately terminated with reasons set forth, Mr, FrideU stated that Mr,
    Holbrook is grieving this action of termination. He stated that the termination
    was not based on the charges and aUegations presented by the "Notice of Intent
    to Terminate" dated February 18th, 1998, Mr, FrideU went on to re-emphasize
    his client does have a dual BA degree with dual majors in geography and
    environmental studies. Mr. Holbrook's special area of study was urban
    economic geography. Mr. FrideU stated that Mr. Holbrook had reason to believe
    as his resume states, that he had a Master's degree and Ph.D. from La Salle
    University and at the time he applied he had completed his coursework.
    Mr.
    FrideU stated his client informed him that La SaUe University told him he could

- 1 -
    state that he did have a Masters degree and Ph.D. from La Salle University. He
    stated, however, that Mr. Holbrook did not get conferred with these degrees,
    because of various problems, He stated that Mr. Holbrook contacted the
    University and resubmitted his coursework, He read from a letter submitted by
    the Dean of Students at La Salle stating that Mr. Holbrook should not be
    responsible for issues beyond his control and called him a victim stating he was
    led to believe he had completed the necessary requirements but was informed
    later that the documents were never received or lost. Mr. Fridell went on to state
    that Mr. Holbrook as e~!y as April 1997 discussed the problems with his
    education regarding La Salle University with Mr. Harley and also with other
    members of the Port Authority. He stated Mr. Holbrook is now referring to
    himself as a doctoral candidate. Mr. Fridell then went back to discuss the
    minimum qualifications of the Executive Director position and went on to state
    that his client was qualified having a degree in urban. economic geography and
    listed courses taken to obtain the degree.

He then went on to discuss the allegation of misleading the Port Board with
    travel requests to attend the CUED conference in Washington on March I ". He
    stated that Mr, Holbrook never mislead the Board regarding this request and
    quoted from previous minutes where Mr. Holbrook stated that if he was asked to
    be a speaker at this conference, it was possible they would waive their fee. Mr.
    Fridell stated that his client was not a speaker as he called CUED and told them
    that he was not allowed to travel because of the moratorium and they replaced
    him as a speaker, but they did appoint him as a moderate with a discount on
    travel.

Thirdly Mr. Fridell stated that Mr. Holbrook wished to point out that no one has
    the power to issue a notice of paid administrative leave stating it was neither in
    the employment or personnel policy. However, he states that Mr. Holbrook on
    two occasions ran into Ms. Finney and exchanged pleasantries and on February
    17" he ran into Myron White at a meeting and talked about returning to work
    the next day,

Mr, Fridell, in answer to the termination agreement stated Mr, Holbrook stated
    that there is no direct authority to dismiss the Executive Director and under the
    policy only the Executive Director has the right to dismiss employees for just
    cause, but if there is dismissal it has to be for just cause,
    He stated that the Port
    Authority has seen fit to terminate Don Holbrook on other reasons and the facts
    do not show just cause. He stated that there is a six month severance package if
    there is a desire to split and if that is the Board's desire then they should follow
    the Employment Agreement and should not ignore this and in essence, pay the
    severance package under the employment contract
    . He then asked if there were
    any questions.

President Tracey asked for clarification on a couple of issues asking Mr. Fridell
    if it is Mr. Holbrook's testimony that he was not appointed to be moderator at
    the CUED until after the meeting on February 2"'. Mr, Fridelllooked up Mr.
    Holbrook's affidavit and stated that from what Mr. Holbrook told him was that
    he no longer had a speaking engagement after the travel moratorium and after
    the board approved his request February 2"' he then contacted CUED and was
    told by Mr. Finkle that he was a moderator with the understanding that he would
    have a discount because of his membership on the CUED board.
    Commissioner Gorman noted that on page 7 that it states specifically that on
    February 2"' Don Holbrook was not a scheduled speaker at the conference.
    Patricia Kuderer stated you should then go to paragraph 12 I where Don
    Holbrook stated that subsequent to February 2"', 1998 he arranged with CUED

-2-

to waive part of his registration fee on the basis that Mr. Holbrook would be a
    panel moderator, so this was clearly post February 2"d President Tracey read
    briefly from Jeff Finkle's letter to him dated February 19th in the third paragraph
    "After you February conference, Don contacted us and told us of his ability to
    participate in our Washington Summit. He asked if it was possible for us to
    defer his registration costs ifhe could be reinstated as a speaker. We told him we
    could not defer the cost of the registration on such short notice and that he had
    already been replaced. He was reinstated as the course moderator. We then
    offered Don the early registration discount for members as an offer of gratitude
    from us, thus saving the Pprt Authority some money". He then asked Mr.
    Fridell if that is how it happened and is consistent with Mr. Holbrook's
    testimony. Mr. Fridell stated this was correct.

President Tracey stated the other question he had was with Mr. Holbrook's
    knowledge of not having his Ph.D. for some time ana it was also stated in his
    deposition that he has not used that title for some time, correct? He is no longer
    telling people that he has a Ph.D. in anything?
    Mr. Fridell stated that he had no
    direct knowledge of that but he did read the deposition that clearly said that.

President Tracey distributed a fax cover sheet from CUED written January 28th,
    1998 addressed to Mr. Don Holbrook from Kate Fullerton. The next page is a
    memo from Kate Fullerton to the speakers and moderators of the conference on
    the Washington briefmg and Economic Summit basically confIrming and
    thanking them for agreeing to participate in the summit and goes on to say they
    are still looking for other speakers. The next page of the hand out is a copy of
    the attachment of the agenda for Sunday March 2"' in a section from II a,m. to
    5 p.m. where Don Holbrook is listed as the moderator for this section which has
    to do with internet marketing. This is all dated January 28th, fIve days before the
    board met and approved his travel request. President Tracey asked for an
    explanation of this and Commissioner Gorman noted that he was still using the
    Ph.D,
    Mr, Fridell stated he couldn't answer this question, he does not know.

President Tracey stated that it clearly tells him that the letter Jeff Finkle wrote to
    the board explaining the situation with the scheduling of the conference is not
    accurate and that Mr, Holbrook's testimony regarding that issue is also
    inaccurate because this fax is clearly confIrming his participation as a moderator
    fIve days prior to us meeting and approving his travel request. President Tracey
    also pointed out to Mr. Fridell that in regards to the letter from La Salle
    University that he read most of it to the board and members of the audience but
    did leave out an important sentence which goes on to say... because of that
    information Mr. Holbrook says he believed his diplomas would reflect a
    completion date of 1991 for the MEA and 1994 for the Ph.D. Present university
    policy would prohibit this. His degrees would reflect the actual dates of
    completion
    (my attempts to check with Ms. Flynn and verify this information
    were unsuccessful). Mr. Tracey stated that again, much of this information was
    based on hearsay and is not factual. It is clear he did not have the degrees and it
    certainly would not be current university policy for someone to use those
    degrees until they have "completed their coursework",

Commissioner Kiecker stated that the minutes of February 2"' may have been
    abbreviated but the board was very apprehensive regarding this trip and only
    after much consideration was the travel request granted. He also stated that if
    Mr. Holbrook had not insisted that he need to attend this conference to get
    another one million dollars for the Port Authority, he would not have made the
    motion to grant travel.

-3-
    Ms. Patricia Kuderer was asked to review and comment on the packet of
    information that Mr. Holbrook provided to the board. Passed out was a brief
    overview of all of the evidence that has been given to the board. She affirmed
    that in the appeal process you are permitted to look at new evidence that comes
    to light. Ms. Kuderer started with the degree issues - what was said, who said it
    and when did they say it. With respect to the BA I looked at Mr. Clinton's
    report and representations that were made by Mr. Holbrook to Crookston and
    then to the Port Authority, what was said in his deposition and then what was
    verified by Wright State University. Also added was Mr. Fridell's letter and Mr.
    Holbrook's affidavit. III J 982 he claimed to have a BA in urban and economic
    planning -that is the degree, it is called urban and economic planning. At the
    Port Authority he claimed to have a dual BA degree in City Planning and
    Economics. Those are two separate degrees, with a minor in environmental
    science and geology - again from Wright State University, same year. In the
    deposition he claimed to have a dual BA degree in U~ban Planning and
    Environmental Science - again from Wright State University in 1982, he did not
    state any minor in his deposition. Wright State University confirmed he had a
    dual BA in geography and environmental studies in 1982 and no minor. What
    was interesting about the student status obtained is the minor as it shows up in
    the representation to the Port Authority and Wright State confirmed that Mr.
    Holbrook does not have a minor in anything from Wright State.

In Mr. Fridell's letter he indicates that Mr. Holbrook has a BA degree in
    geography and environmental studies, which is exactly what Wright State
    University verified. But he also claimed that he had a minor in geology.
    Original claim to the Port was that he had a minor in environmental science and
    geology and now it is just geology. In Mr, Holbrook's affidavit he claimed a
    dual BA degree in geography and environmental studies from Wright State
    University in 1982 and no minor. If you look at the evidence you see changing
    degrees. In talking to Wright State this morning that economics degree is a
    separate degree and clearly Mr. Holbrook did not have a degree in economics,
    he had a degree in geography and environmental studies, that's it. The courses
    that he took would qualify him for a planning concentration in urban affairs. A
    concentration is much different from having graduated with this degree. You
    should also take note that there is no evidence that Mr, Dustin was ever given a
    copy of your minimum qualifications, therefore he is not telling you that Mr.
    Holbrook is indeed qualified to be your executive director based on your
    minimum qualifications.

The same kind of format was used for the Masters and Doctorate degrees, going
    over them in chronological order, At Crookston he claimed to have MA in
    international marketing from La Salle University and did not state that he had a
    Ph,D. To us he said that he had an MBA in 1991 and a Ph.D. in business in
    1994 from La Salle. Those two right there are completely different. In his
    deposition he did not say that he had an MBA, but stated he was a Ph.D.
    candidate at La Salle University. La Salle has confirmed that there were no
    degrees awarded either Masters or Ph.D. Mr. Fridell's letter states that he
    completed his coursework and papers for his Master's and Doctorate in 1993.
    According to Mr. Holbrook, in the representation that he made to you, he
    completed it for the Master's in 1991 so again there are different dates from his
    attorney and what he is telling you and we can assume what his attorney is
    telling you, he is getting from him. In the affidavit Mr, Holbrook confirms and
    indeed admits that on or about July 1" 1996 he did not have a Master's or
    Doctorate degree. He stated however, that he had completed his coursework
    and paperwork for his Master's degree and Doctorate from La Salle in ] 991 and
    1994, again different from what his lawyer claimed but consistent with what he

-4-

-

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

- told the board. Letters provided from La Salle made interesting reading. The
    February 19th letter states that Mr. Holbrook's Master's thesis was first
    "submitted in February 1996" and then resubmitted in June of 1996
    and
    apparently a new faculty administrator reviewed it, requested some changes but
    apparently never notified Mr. Holbrook of the changes. In the February nth
    letter (a week later) submitted by the same individual stated that Don Holbrook
    first submitted his Master's thesis in 1991, so in the I" letter he states that it was
    submitted in 1996 and the second time in 1991. He also said in that letter that
    Mr. Holbrook was told in 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 and 1996 to resubmit
    his work which is inconsislent with Paragraph 10 E of Mr. Holbrook's affidavit
    which states he did not learn he had to resubmit his papers until "months after
    problems with La Salle University and the change of ownership in
    administration" which according to La Salle occurred in July of 1997, These
    facts are also inconsistent with Paragraph 10 M of his affidavit, which states that
    after he learned his degrees had not been confirmed that he corrected his
    statements on his educational status. What you have is, Mr. Holbrook had been
    told annually from 1991 through 1996 that he has to resubmit his work. No
    degree has been conferred and yet he continually represented himself as early as
    1992 to Crookston that he had an MA in international marketing and to you in
    1996 that he had an MBA and Ph,D., even though he had been continually told
    year after year, you need to resubmit your work. You can draw your own
    conclusion from that.

The problem identified in his memo that Mr. Fridell talked about that was given
    to Mr. Harley and Mr. Tracey was not accurately represented by Mr. Fridell.
    The problem identified in that memo was one of accreditation, not one of
    whether the degrees were, in fact, ever awarded. There is a quote in that memo
    that leaves the reader with the distinct impression that Mr. Holbrook in fact had
    his degrees, and that somehow, this accreditation problem caused some
    problems and they wanted him to resubmit his work so that the degrees could be
    awarded again with accreditation. He also stated.. ,.as for my part, due to this
    matter arising in my graduation year, our degrees had been under scrutiny. He
    did not have any degrees at that time and knew he did not have any degrees
    then,

Mr. Holbrook has testified that La Salle University told him that he could use
    the designations,
    That is simply an allegation and remains unverified at this
    point and La Salle University stated they have been unable to contact Ms, Flynn
    and verify one way or another if she had given him that directive, Even if you
    assume she had said something to that effect to him, one has to wonder about the
    annual reminders to resubmit his work, just how much stock you could take in
    someone telling you to use those designations.

Finally, on the allegation of misleading the Board on the CUED conference, Mr.
    Tracey has again, hit the nail on the head when he was concerned about the
    timing of all this. Mr. Holbrook presented evidence that he was originally asked
    to be a speaker, but after the travel moratorium was enacted he stated he
    contacted CUED and advised that he would not be there. That is what he told
    the board, Travel request was made on February 2nd and Mr. Holbrook said he
    would try to be a speaker. The Finkle letter of February 19th states that Mr.
    Holbrook contacted CUED "after your February conference" and advised he
    could participate and was advised by Mr. Finkle that he was already replaced but
    he could be put in as a course moderate, Paragraph 12 I of Mr. Holbrook's
    affidavit states "subsequent to February 2"', 1998" he arranged with CUED to
    waive part of his registration fee to be a panel moderator. All of this evidence
    is consistent that the course of conduct was after February 2"', Then we have a

-5-

- memo from CUED dated January 28"'. again, five days before the travel request,
    it shows that he was already scheduled as a moderator and as Mr. Tracey
    pointed out, still using the Ph.D. designation, That memo contradicts the Finkle
    letter and Mr. Holbrook's affidavit. What you are left with are probably more
    questions than answers. There are inconsistencies and inherent contradictions
    within the documents themselves and inconsistencies among the various
    representations that have been made by Mr. Holbrook over the course of his
    employment here and at Crookston. Given those you need to draw you own
    conclusions on whether you want to affirm your decision made on February 19"'.

President Tracey asked what were the Board's wishes. Commissioner Gorman
    stated that it was laid out in front of the board and just reaffirms what the board
    did on February 19'" and she went on to say the board did the right thing.

Commissioner Gorman made a motion to reaffirm tl1e termination decision,
    which was seconded by Commissioner Kiecker. Commissioner Gorman stated
    that she was just angry at having to listen to it all again and the press makes the
    board out to be the bad guys in all of this. This is the bad guy (Mr. Holbrook).
    Roll call vote revealed Commissioners Gorman, Harley, Kiecker, Selkirk,
    Grosso and Tracey voted aye. There were no nays. Motion carried 6-0.
    Termination is in effect.

Commissioner Kiecker made a statement that the Board of Commissioners went
    on the advice of a firm hired to take care of the entire background issues etc. We
    accepted this firm's recommendation, He hopes this is cleared up in the press.

r

Commissioner Grosso asked legal counsel if the Board could take any action
    against this firm or nol Ms. Kuderer stated she was looking into that.
    President Tracey stated that in the contract the Board had with the search firm
    they certified to us that they did do the background and degree checks> He also
    stated that they have admitted since that they did not do any of it and we paid
    them $15,000.00 for this service,

;.

CLOSED SESSION:

President Tracey accepted a motion to go into closed session to discuss
    threatened litigation, Motion was made by Commissioner Selkirk and seconded
    by Commissioner Harley, Motion carried 6-0,
    RED WlNG PORT AUTHORlTY

AN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AGENCY

MINUTES OF SPECIAL MEETING

MARCH 31st, 1998

President Tracey, Vice President Selkirk, Commissioners Gorman, Grosso,
    Harley, Kiecker, and ex officio Ms. Kay Kuhlmann.

-0-

Myron White, Yvonne Finney

Mr, Jim Klitzke, City Accounting Office.

The meeting was called to order at 7:00p.m. Roll call revealed all Board
    members present.

APPROVAL OF AGENDA: President Tracey added Two items to the agenda. 10 B to discuss Griffith &
    Associates and 10 C to discuss Mr, Holbrook's unemployment status,
    A motion to approve the agenda as amended was made by Commissioner
    Selkirk and seconded by Commissioner Kiecker. Motion carried,

PRESIDENT'S REPORT: Mr. Tracey reported that Griffith & Associates, the agency that recruited Mr.
    Holbrook for the Executive Director position has offered $15,000.00 in
    settlement for not doing the required background check,

I

He also stated that he received notice that Mr, Holbrook's request for
    unemployment benefits had been denied which sends a clear message. He noted,
    however, that Mr, Holbrook is entitled to appeal this ruling.
    Liars can't keep their stories straight, right, Holbrook????

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Reality Based Optimist says:
    May 15, 2012 at 11:24 am
    Again, all of your statements are factually incorrect. I agree completely with Dr. Waters. Your assessment that EarthQuest is dead is incorrect. In fact, Earthquest has a new developer with a new and better development agreement that is when the funding is finalized going to make the tax payers of EMCID 100% whole.
    The land had to be purchased from the bankruptcy court in order to allow the new developer the right to secure a purchase agreement for the land that he needs for the EarthQuest project.
    In addition, if it had not been for the visionary actions of EMCID to intercede with the BK process and secure these rights for the land purchase and secure a new developer the project would have died with the failed original developer.
    All of this was factually explained to the town board prior to any vote on their own desire to consider the development of a major destination attraction for Pahrump. We have never proposed a theme park. In addition, my role in all of these projects is to give advice on what incentives can or should be considered to attract the private sector investment necessary to fund the construction of such projects. I do not do my opinions based on the success of projects getting funded or upon the success of the developer hired by the public sector. My job is to create a recommendation for how to best engage the public-private partnership. That does not mean that all my clients adhere to my advice. EarthQuest is going through a transition from the failed developer to a new developer… many projects during the greatest financial crisis of my lifetime have had to do the same types of mitigation. That does not mean the project has failed.
    In addition, the statements and libelous comments made by Heather Dobrott and Mr. Frank Maurizio were not constructive and were not valid… they were misrepresentations on purpose in order to harm my professional reputation and thus illegal. Those types of comments are not protected by the first amendment.
    With regard to Huber Heights I am counter suing them for breach of contract as they have no basis for their claims and they are using these tactics to avoid paying their legitimately owed bill for our final product and have taken our intellectual property without paying for it. Therefore we are going to deny any validity to all their claims and sue them for damages. I know why they made such an unprofessional breach of their contract and it will come out in court just what was actually behind this very poor business decision on the City of Huber Heights part, and it had nothing to do with my professional work product and nothing to do with any of their allegations.
    The people of Pahrump are in need of more jobs and building additional tourism is a very successful method to achieve those goals that the town board has for their constituents. But in the end, I am not the developer and I am not the financier. I am a public-policy specialist that has given them my opinion on the economic development issues that need to be addressed if they choose to move forward and create jobs and build additional economic benefits for their residents.

In addition, Mr. Maurizio has stated falsely that our report to the Town of Pahrump was lifted from the EarthQuest project and that is a complete false statement and a accusation of dishonesty. Perhaps he should have taken my letter of warning I sent him more seriously. He should have been legally counseled on the damages of calling someone a liar and dishonest business person are when you do so intentionally and with the intent to harm someone’s reputation and economic livelihood with malice and specific purpose. I took the high road and sent both of these libelous bloggers warnings, both of which ignored them and choose to purposefully continue to spew misinformation, resorted to name calling, creating a negative image of my persona and professional work product and even attacked my reputation with my industry association colleagues and my social affiliations with allegations. That does not sound like the methodology or decision making process of what most of us would consider appropriate actions. If other people had experienced this type of hatred online that has been directed at me and my family and now my clients, they would more than likely have taken the same appropriate actions as I have done.
    Your portrayal of my reorganization bankruptcy was completely not factual as well. You obviously have no idea how such business matters work. My BK was a reorganization because I got stiffed for my final payment by Earthquest, which I was told was forthcoming by the developer. I made the decision to pay my IRS tax bill with that payment and when it did not come I could not mitigate the tax ramifications and workout a payment with the IRS unless I was under this Chapter 11 reorganization plan. There is nothing deceitful about creating a repayment plan that I could adhere to with my income that was available to me and predictable. My speaking, books and consulting projects are not predictable. Therefore the only longterm retainer for work I was able to use was the work I was contracted to do for EMCID. That does not mean that I did not disclose all of my income appropriately as you have stated. You again are factually wrong. Please leave me, my family and my clients alone. People who get online and spew such hatred are in my opinion mentally off and socially unbalanced. In my opinion Heather Dobrott and Frank Maurizio have some type of anger issues that they themselves need to deal with and quit blaming your hatred for your own lives on others. I am sure you have enough problems of your own or shortly will have in my opinion.

Reality Based Optimist says: May 15, 2012 at 11:24 am
    Again, all of your statements are factually incorrect. I agree completely with Dr. Waters. Your assessment that EarthQuest is dead is incorrect. In fact, Earthquest has a new developer with a new and better development agreement that is when the funding is finalized going to make the tax payers of EMCID 100% whole.
    The land had to be purchased from the bankruptcy court in order to allow the new developer the right to secure a purchase agreement for the land that he needs for the EarthQuest project.
    In addition, if it had not been for the visionary actions of EMCID to intercede with the BK process and secure these rights for the land purchase and secure a new developer the project would have died with the failed original developer.
    All of this was factually explained to the town board prior to any vote on their own desire to consider the development of a major destination attraction for Pahrump. We have never proposed a theme park. In addition, my role in all of these projects is to give advice on what incentives can or should be considered to attract the private sector investment necessary to fund the construction of such projects. I do not do my opinions based on the success of projects getting funded or upon the success of the developer hired by the public sector. My job is to create a recommendation for how to best engage the public-private partnership. That does not mean that all my clients adhere to my advice. EarthQuest is going through a transition from the failed developer to a new developer… many projects during the greatest financial crisis of my lifetime have had to do the same types of mitigation. That does not mean the project has failed.
    In addition, the statements and libelous comments made by Heather Dobrott and Mr. Frank Maurizio were not constructive and were not valid… they were misrepresentations on purpose in order to harm my professional reputation and thus illegal. Those types of comments are not protected by the first amendment.
    With regard to Huber Heights I am counter suing them for breach of contract as they have no basis for their claims and they are using these tactics to avoid paying their legitimately owed bill for our final product and have taken our intellectual property without paying for it. Therefore we are going to deny any validity to all their claims and sue them for damages. I know why they made such an unprofessional breach of their contract and it will come out in court just what was actually behind this very poor business decision on the City of Huber Heights part, and it had nothing to do with my professional work product and nothing to do with any of their allegations.
    The people of Pahrump are in need of more jobs and building additional tourism is a very successful method to achieve those goals that the town board has for their constituents. But in the end, I am not the developer and I am not the financier. I am a public-policy specialist that has given them my opinion on the economic development issues that need to be addressed if they choose to move forward and create jobs and build additional economic benefits for their residents.
    The thought that Huber Heights wants to steal his intellectual property borders on the ridiculous. They don't believe his material fulfilled the contract, so it isn't going to be used. He sure seems to have an active fantasy life on that one. Dragging out this court case is just hurting his reputation further and drawing even more media coverage now from Ohio as well. I suppose he is going to argue that information Huber Heights researched or received is part of a vast conspiracy theory and that explains why they didn't find his stuff up to snuff. Looney tunes!

When I spoke to Don Lessem on the phone in April 2011 he said the developer was not paying him or the nut on the property. So, Holbrook knew for quite some time he was not going to be paid. Didn't someone tell the boy there is no escape from death, taxes or the wrath of Soapboxmom!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Since Holbrook is so hot to get the facts out there, I assume he will be publishing all the documents from that legal tangle including the deposition mentioned. His credentials and experience are of interest to the taxpayers that are paying him for these projects he proposes!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

International Economic Development Council

I note that Mr. Jeff Finkle the CEO of the International Economic Devlopment Council, and long time friend of Don Holbrook was aware of all the controversy in Red Wing and the subsequent termination of Mr. Holbrook for falsifying his resume. Finkle knows full well that Holbrook was misrepresenting himself and yet he continues to this day to cheer him on. What credibility can the IEDC possibly have when it rewards dishonesty and deceit???

http://www.realscam.com/f11/iedc-int...html#post20708

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom
    Dragging out this court case is just hurting his reputation further and drawing even more media coverage now from Ohio as well.
    Many people simply can't understand the difference between being "right" and being effective.

是故勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。
    • Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Newspaper article questions theme park player’s resumé | Pahrump Valley Times
    Holbrook’s employment history was also put under a microscope by the Texas newspaper.

According to the article, he was hired and fired on numerous occasions and rang up thousands of dollars in dining, lodging, and travel expenses.

In some instances, he was on the job for less than two years.
    The article stated that in 1996, Holbrook was hired by the Port Authority in Red Wing, Minnesota and was subsequently fired in 1998 for questionable spending practices and falsifying his resume.
    economic developer says: February 15, 2012 at 5:50 pm
    In America we don’t give rumors and opinions credence when they are not factual. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that does not mean it factual. With regard to Don Hokbrook, the facts are he was wrongfully terminated by the Red Wing Port Authority under an allegation of resume fraud. He was given a public apology by that agency and they were made by the courts to admit they were wrong and paid j
    Him approximately $100,000 for their false assertion.
    Holbrook did not mail money into La Salle and receive a degree he turned in a thousand plus pages of online curriculum assignments including a 100 page Masters thesis and nearly 200 page doctoral dissertation to his assigned professors and it took him 4 years to do the work. The FBI issues a statement to all of the thousands of professional students telling them they had been fraudulently misled and it was no fault of the students. Holbrook immediately reported it to his employer and took the degrees off his resume. His employer told him it had no bearing on his own character or expertise and closed the issue. The other claims by the newspaper are just patently false. He has not been discharged ever for any spending or other wrong doings. He choose to not renew his contract in Lake Havasu on good terms so he could move closer to his parents. He has no disgruntled employers or failed projects, that is a fact.
    The Red Wing meeting minutes conflict with that account, Holbrook:

...because of that
    information Mr. Holbrook says he believed his diplomas would reflect a
    completion date of 1991 for the MEA and 1994 for the Ph.D. Present university
    policy would prohibit this. His degrees would reflect the actual dates of
    completion....
    Commissioner Gorman noted that he was still using the
    Ph.D, .....
    It is clear he did not have the degrees and it
    certainly would not be current university policy for someone to use those
    degrees until they have "completed their coursework",......
    In the February nth
    letter (a week later) submitted by the same individual stated that Don Holbrook
    first submitted his Master's thesis in 1991, so in the I" letter he states that it was
    submitted in 1996 and the second time in 1991. He also said in that letter that
    Mr. Holbrook was told in 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 and 1996 to resubmit
    his work which is inconsislent with Paragraph 10 E of Mr. Holbrook's affidavit
    which states he did not learn he had to resubmit his papers until "months after
    problems with La Salle University and the change of ownership in
    administration" which according to La Salle occurred in July of 1997, These
    facts are also inconsistent with Paragraph 10 M of his affidavit, which states that
    after he learned his degrees had not been confirmed that he corrected his
    statements on his educational status. What you have is, Mr. Holbrook had been
    told annually from 1991 through 1996 that he has to resubmit his work. No
    degree has been conferred and yet he continually represented himself as early as
    1992 to Crookston that he had an MA in international marketing and to you in
    1996 that he had an MBA and Ph,D., even though he had been continually told
    year after year, you need to resubmit your work. You can draw your own
    conclusion from that.......
    Mr. Holbrook has testified that La Salle University told him that he could use
    the designations,
    Not hard to discern the truth there, now is it.

I also note that Holbrook says he wasn't fired for any wrongdoings. What does he call completely misrepresenting his qualifications? How, about the background check folks admitting they did no work and refunding the money. The minutes also show he thought his contract was written so only he could fire people and that they must agree to separate with him and offer him the 6 months severance package he wanted. He also sought unemployment benefits which it appears were denied. No doubt he is going to silence his critics by publishing all the court documents related to this in their entirety on Google Docs or the like. I will certainly be waiting!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just wait until Sue Seeberger actually checks out the clown she is sending threatening letters for. A fictitious MA in international marketing. A fake MBA and doctorate degree. And, unlike the story told to Craig Malisow his real problem wasn't the FBI raid. Holbrook was touting degrees for which he had been told he had not completed the coursework it appears from what is in the minutes quoted. And, he had been touting those non-existent credentials for years. That is hardly the same thing as having a degree conferred and finding out later it was bogus.

Holbrook seems to have had some initial success in the early-to-mid-1990s, working as the economic developer for the city of Crookston, Minnesota. However, he didn't seem to find much success after leaving Crookston. A gig as executive director of the Red Wing, Minnesota, Port Authority, was short-lived; hired in 1996, he was fired in 1998 after some of the Port Authority commissioners questioned his résumé.

Holbrook claimed to have a doctorate and MBA from LaSalle University, an online institution subsequently exposed as a diploma mill. While most LaSalle "students" simply wrote checks for their degrees, some poor saps actually thought they were writing term papers and theses for a legitimate university. Holbrook, who has said he wrote thousands of pages for LaSalle courses and spent years on his dissertation, appears to have fallen in the latter camp.

The Port ultimately fired Holbrook for what they believed to be fraud; Holbrook sued for breach of contract. The suit was settled out of court, with the Port paying Holbrook $160,000 to cover court costs, and the Port also issued a "letter of misunderstanding," saying Holbrook had not lied on his résumé, he just wasn't able to produce certain documents in time.
    Holbrook's tactic is a crafty one. Even though he files or threatens cases that may have little or no merit, that scumbag knows he can spend his legitimate opponents into giving him his way. The Red Wing Port Authority had to decide if they wanted to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars fighting that bozo when there was little chance to recover attorneys fees and costs of court. Remember, in his 2007 chapter 7 bankruptcy he wrote off 1.29 million dollars in attorney fees alone. That is a lot of legal maneuvering! He also has around 20 grand in attorney fees on his current chapter 11 bankruptcy. So, any reputable attorney that checks him out is likely to run as he has an alarming habit of not paying his legal bills and to top it all off he is a hothead who seems to have trouble keeping his stories straight.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!