Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

Service Summary
    Name: DON ALLEN HOLBROOK LLC
    Service Method: CIVIL AREA 2 CERTIFIED MAIL
    Address: 9200 DALMAHOY PLACE
    Address: LAS VEGAS, NV, 89145
    Issue Date: 24-APR-12
    Service Date: 01-MAY-12
    File Date: 07-MAY-12
    Failure Date:
    Service Status: CIVIL SUCCESSFUL SERVICE
    Received By: DON HOLBROOK
    Notes:
    Name: HEATHER DOBROTT
    Address: 2518 SUNCREST DRIVE
    Address: GARLAND, TX, 75044-7032
    Issue Date: 14-JUN-12
    Service Date:
    File Date:
    Failure Date:
    Service Status:
    Received By:
    Notes:
    Name: CRAIG MALISOW
    Address: CO THE HOUSTON PRESS
    Address: HOUSTON, TX, 77002
    Service Date:
    File Date:
    Failure Date:
    Service Status:
    Received By:
    Notes:
    Name: HOUSTON PRESS
    Address: 1201 E JEFFERSON ST
    Address: PHOENIX, AZ, 85034
    Service Date:
    File Date:
    Failure Date:
    Service Status:
    Received By:
    Notes:
    Name: HOUSTON PRESS
    Address: REGISTERED AGENTNATIONAL REGISTERED AGENTS INC300 W CLARENDON AVE SUITE 230
    Address: PHEONIX, AZ, 85013
    Service Date:
    File Date:
    Failure Date:
    Service Status:
    Received By:
    Notes:
    Name: PAHRUMP VALLEY TIMES
    Address: P O BOX 70
    Address: LAS VEGAS, NV, 89125-0192
    Service Date:
    File Date:
    Failure Date:
    Service Status:
    Received By:
    Notes:
    Name: PAHRUMP VALLEY TIMES
    Address: 2160 E CALVADA BLVD
    Address: PAHRUMP, NV, 89125
    Service Date:
    File Date:
    Failure Date:
    Service Status:
    Received By:
    Notes:
    Name: CYNTHIA CALVERT INDIVIDUAL
    Address: 1036 FIRST ST SUITE C
    Address: HUMBLE, TX, 77338
    Service Date:
    File Date:
    Failure Date:
    Service Status:
    Received By:
    Notes:
    Name: CYNTHIA CALVERT EDITOR PUBLISHER CHIEF EXEC OFFICER
    Address: THE TRIBUNE AKA OUR TRIBUNE.COM1036 FIRST ST SUITE C
    Service Date:
    File Date:
    Failure Date:
    Service Status:
    Received By:
    Notes:
    Name: TRIBUNE
    Address: 1036 FIRST STSUITE C
    Service Date:
    File Date:
    Failure Date:
    Service Status:
    Received By:
    Notes:
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

Soapboxmom. Will ya'll be charging Huber Heights for research work or Sir Holbrook,( Lord and Master of the Internet) for INTELLECTUAL property rights?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pantherdadX2 View Post
    Soapboxmom. Will ya'll be charging Huber Heights for research work or Sir Holbrook,( Lord and Master of the Internet) for INTELLECTUAL property rights?
    I thought everything under the sun just went on Frank McCrady's Amex!

Soapboxmom
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

4. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

According to Buzz, Woody, and those little guys afraid of the CLAW, the MOON , TOO!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I hope Holbrook realizes how far out of hand this is getting.

Kingwood Underground - the heart and soul of our Kingwood, Texas family
    SueHeatherPaulDobrott --- 23 min ago - quote - hide comments You're a wannabe big shot. Your iq level shows everytime you defend this maniac Heather. Do your research. Oh you know this poor girl had problems for years? Why because Heather the criminal says? Remember this, Heather and Paul will get what they deserve from many. There is a person who committed suicide because of Heather posting lies about this persons business. We are forwarding this information to authorities and Dons lawyers.
    The poster better be prepared to substantiate such serious accusations.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just some stupid teenager with nothing better to. Apparently she/he (sounds more like a she) can't get anyone to come over and play because that would require a massive cleaning effort. Hundreds of empty chip bags, coke cans, dirty underwear, year-old krispy-kreme donut glaze on their keyboard, etc, etc. Oh, and that would require the herculean effort of lifting their 376 lbs. of lard off the bed! KU gets a WIDE variety on their threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you talking about:

?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LMBO....I think thats her "little" sister

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Did anyone catch the Yahoo Odd News Stories this morning. There's a prime example of economic development gone bad in Louisiana. But then again, they could direct tourists to this site and charge $5 a head to witness Cajun engineering at its finest.......I wonder if these were the same engineers who recieved thier degrees at La Salle

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

SueHeatherPaulDobrott better wake up. Accusing me of being responsible for a suicide is a very serious charge. Another poster on the Houston Press claimed there were numerous suits and made wild claims of all sorts of criminal activity that sound just like what this clown keeps spouting. Now that could end SHPD in a legal mess they cannot handle and with their identity exposed. I was the best friend of and basically family to a suicide victim. Economic losses in MLM were a factor in her decision to end her life:

http://www.realscam.com/f9/devastating-effects-mlm-316/

And, as to our neighbors I have no idea why they insist on honking and slamming doors all hours of the night or why their daughter insists on publishing her rants for all the public to read. One should be very mindful of their internet presence. What one writes may go viral. I certainly don't enjoy being constantly dragged into their problems.

I want to know who paid for Don Holbrook's plane ticket to Houston. Who paid for his lodging and meals? He is suing the local paper and all the taxpayers with an opinion. It is beyond outrageous that he was invited back to Texas. I can't wait for the forthcoming Tribune article with all the details!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Did anyone catch the Yahoo Odd News Stories this morning. There's a prime example of economic development gone bad in Louisiana. But then again, they could direct tourists to this site and charge $5 a head to witness Cajun engineering at its finest.......I wonder if these were the same engineers who recieved thier degrees at La Salle
    http://news.yahoo.com/video/oddnews-...GlvbnM-;_ylv=3

That is hilarious! So much for keeping those tourist in town and spending money, unless of course the Swamp Building gains the notoriety of the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

Saopboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There are some absolutely hilarious threads related to Holbrook and the forever stalled Earthquest debacle out there:

DegreeDiscussion.com • View topic - Fantasy Land

Houston's new theme park: Earth Quest Adventures - ClutchFans

Theme park contractor Holbrook sued by Ohio town - Topix

And, as to Earthquest:

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry,
    we do not have Site Profile data for:
    economicdeveloper.wordpress.com

The site may have little traffic or we may not have a statistically relevant sample to project the traffic with.
    Please visit our Data Methodology page to learn more about how we get our data.

Sorry,
    we do not have Site Profile data for:
    economicdeveloper.com

The site may have little traffic or we may not have a statistically relevant sample to project the traffic with.
    Please visit our Data Methodology page to learn more about how we get our data.
    Holbrook's blog isn't even getting enough traffic to be measured. Boo-hoo!!!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tears are falling harder than than the rain in that video. What was even funnier was the guy running from being interviewed. Three guesses as to who it was, (a) the builder (b) the economic development consultant, or (c) the president of the SMPID (St. Mary's Parish Improvement District) Maybe it was (d) Sir Holbrook, Lord and Supreme Master of the Internet, after receiving his last check for consulting on where to put this building.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don Allen Holbrook vs. Third Party Defendants:

Don Allen Holbrook vs. Third Party Defendants.pdf

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Who Moved My Smokestack? [Kindle Edition]

Don A. Holbrook (Author)
    5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review) | Like (0)

Digital List Price: $9.99 What's this?
    Print List Price: $19.98
    Kindle Price: $8.39 includes free wireless delivery via Amazon Whispernet
    You Save: $11.59 (58%)

Book Description

Publication Date: September 22, 2008
    America's failure to protect our jobs and stop the erosion of the American Dream. The greatest travesty of the 21st century is the impact of globalization, Petrolism, and monetized special interest driven politics. Rebuilding our American Dream should be the utmost priority for all Americans and those who serve us in this century. This is a blueprint for shifting todays paradigm from the perspective of economic development at the local level.

Editorial Reviews

About the Author

Don A. Holbrook, Certified Economic Developer, (CEcD) Don Holbrook is a private practitioner involved in the major elements of site location analysis for major private sector investment projects. He specializes in public backed inducements and incentives that reduce the risk of new business investments. He has worked on over 100 projects representing over 1 billion dollars in public capital investment generating more than 50,000 jobs in his 17 years in the profession. Don has specialized in creating customized incentive policies to increase equity and reduce operational costs. He is considered a foremost thought leader on what is referred to as Hybridized Public Capital Investments. Don's approach is simple in deals there must be equilibrium that makes both parties feel satisfactory in their support for key business decisions to investment capital. He negotiates agreements that establish reasonable parameters for such investments to occur and removes the red-tape in order to establish an acceptable deal. He believes the process of developing world class communities is a paradigm shift in their mindset and not determined by their geographic location or population rather by the quality and vision of their local leadership. He advocates a seven step process to achieve such world class community mindsets.

Product Details

Customer Reviews

(1)
    5.0 out of 5 stars

5 star

4 star

3 star

2 star

1 star

See the customer review
    Share your thoughts with other customers

Most Helpful Customer Reviews
    0 of 3 people found the following review helpful
    Global meltdown and how to rebuild local economies July 24, 2010
    By Don Holbrook
    Format:Kindle Edition
    Hi everyone, this book was designed to let folks know of the coming economic meltdown now referred to as the "Perfect Storm" the "Great Recession" and by my friend Richard Florida as the "Great Reboot." I think you will find that this book offers over 50 different approaches as to how local economies, community leaders, corporate citizens and even us as individuals can be prepared to climb out of this economic malaise... and shift our paradigms. I hope you enjoy it, I had fun writing it.

Comment |
    Was this review helpful to you?

See the customer review

More About the Author

Visit Amazon's Don Allen Holbrook Page

Biography

As a professional economist and certified economic developer, Don Allen Holbrook has instructive views on how economic development can transform America and assist her in regaining her global competitive edge. He has over 20 years experience in the industry and is a fellow member of the prestigious International Economic Development Council. Holbrook is the consummate thought leader amongst his peers and is a renowned international public speaker on the subject of transforming local economies to lead communities to world class status no matter their geographic location, population and/or natural resources. Holbrook believes world class communities are determined by the mindset of the communities leaders and how they embrace change in a proactive manner. Holbrook consults for companies on how to select the most cost-effective location for their new or expanding business and negotiates local & state economic development business incentives to lower the cost of such new investments and increase his clients ROI. He designed the first electronic site location system via the world wide web that profiled communities by their measured business climate and quality of life indices. He is considered a pioneer and one the worlds foremost site location consultants and is one of America's top public policy experts on attracting business investments and foreign direct investments into local economies.

Show Less

New Caney

An unincorporated area in southeastern Montgomery County, Teas, New Caney grew rapidly during the 1980s and 1990s with an estimated population of 8,000 in 1980 and 17,189 by 2000. The primary factor driving population growth is its proximity to the Houston metropolitan area. In 1997, New Caney’s community leaders established their own improvement district, the East Montgomery County improvement District or EMCID. Its sole purpose was to carve out a niche for economic development within the surrounding high-growth sprawl of greater Houston.

In order to achieve this purpose, two goals were defined: first, traditional economic development through the creation of shovel-ready sites capable of supporting high-quality jobs along with robust infrastructure that would make them competitive; and second, EMCID’s sponsoring of a new state-of-the-art community center that includes community college offices, a library, EMCID’s offices, and the East Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce.

Once these goals were agreed upon, EMCID’s board applied for initial financing to the Texas Legislature in 2007 for approval of additional taxing authority under a provision known as Request for Allocation of Sales Tax Funding that allows successful applicants to levy additional half-cent sales taxes to use for development projects. By this stage EMCID’s board had also decided to extend its development commitments to Earthquest, a private sector-driven combination theme park and museum and/or institute and to designate it as EMCID’s primary investment project.

When completed, the new five-hundred-acre complex will house a full-scale “green” theme park and “dinosaur city” institute styled along the lines of a modern paleontological research center. The EMCID board is projecting growth of more than $1 billion annually and ten thousand jobs. Frank McCrady, EMCID’s president, fully appreciated the risks involved but thinks the potential gains are so significant that even partial success will guarantee ample rewards.

The story behind EMCID and New Caney’s success is one of taking the decade –old statewide Texas local sales tax proposition to heart. This sales tax provision, approved by the Texas Legiislature in the mid-1990s, is designed so that local development entities such as EMCID may apply to the state for authorization to levy 4(a) and 4(b) additional half-cent sales taxes. These new taxes are authorized specifically to fund local development projects. The laborious approval process can take months from inception to completion, and since the Texas Legislature meets only once every year, this can further delay getting the green light.

EMCID’s board conducted its own research and then went a step further, successfully lobbying the legislature for passage of its uniques hybrid version of the enabling legislation, HB 4015, which received approval in the 2007 legislative session. This bill allows EMCID to focus additional sales taxes and ad valorem taxes within the development district on special economic projects. Each project, in turn, creates a special tax zone from which can be imposed additional food and beverage, hotel occupancy, ticket admissions, and property taxes, leading to the funding of development projects such as Earthquest.

According to Karin Richmond of Austin’s Intelligent Incentives Inc., this legislation gave EMCID the most powerful economic-development tools in the state. By the time its proposal reached the statehouse door, EMCID had already performed some traditional economic-development work so that its campaign to get the proposal passed had a leg up from the beginning because of an established track record, including its well-received Earthquest presentation.

In decision-making on exactly what its development projects should be, the EMCID board fully understood the importance of its SWOT analysis, and its members agreed that something special was required in order to attract attention from the investment world. Following up at this point, the members further decided that instead of asking private sector clients to pay the freight for considering their local, EMCID needed to front the risk capital for an economic business case-study analysis (which ultimately totaled about $500,000).

The Baker Leisure Group of Orlando, Florida, a firm with long experience in the themed attractions industry, was retained by EarthQuest’s original sponsors to conduct a warranted-investment study. This essentially is a study using language familiar to financial professionals that lays out the economis-development encentives and risk-reduction inducements of a development project. A clear-cut warranted-investment model is applicable both to private investors and to publicly traded companies. In addition, Baker aksi advised the EMCID board memberes on what products would work in East Montgomery County, including what the return on investment, or ROI, would be for typical investors.

After EarthQuest was chosen as the primary development project, EMCID now had a business proposal for potential investors that was specific to EMCID’s locale and was written employing language familiar to the financial community. In addition to BLG, EMCID hired exoerts from ITech of Orlando, Florida, Contour Design and Dezignskape (started by former Disney Imagineering / Design employees) of Los Angeles to do the blue-sky conceptual designs, master land-use plan overview, and visitor experience narrative.

Now potential investors could study a multilayered design model that helped them to more fully appreciate the investment fine points behind the numberse. Last, but most assuredly not least, EMCID co-marketed with EarthQuest’s initial principal sponsor the necessary research to find the right investor group and for the prospectus for the initial investor solicitiation that was aimed at either private or publicly traded firms.

Finally, EMCID’s last steps at this stage were to option and gain site control of necessary highway frontage property. At this point, EMCID had market intelligence, a unique sales tool in its warranted-investment study model, site control. And incentives to offer prospective investors. The recommendation to use these specific investment tools was made by me in my role as economic -development consultant to EMCID.

As a further measure of validation, I also recommended that Karin Richmond of Intelligent Incentives be hired to provide third-party validation of EarthQuest’s investment worthiness……

I used the successful experiences of New Caney and EMCID as examples of what could be done.….
    This was published in September 2008. That was almost 4 years ago. Who in their right mind would call Earthquest a success??????

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A guy that says he is worth $400.00 an hour is doing surveys???

Tweets

40m Don Holbrook ‏@9thTemplar
    Sweeeeet! I made $69.52 in the past couple of days doing surveys, this works http://pinterest.com/pin/209065607672447530/

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Substantial Truth | Citizen Media Law Project

Ohio Defamation Law | Citizen Media Law Project

Opinion and Fair Comment Privileges | Citizen Media Law Project

Proving Fault: Actual Malice and Negligence | Citizen Media Law Project

Holbrook and his attorney should have been very careful to consider all of that before he made public threats and they filed. If he doesn't prevail he is going to look exceeding silly. I have been sued before and I will never be silenced. Holbrook's desperation to silence every dang taxpayer across the country who dares to comment says it all! I love my work as an online journalist. There are many more stories to cover and I will keep right on trucking!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good Faith in Signing and Filing Documents — public
    What if Rule 11 is not followed?
    You cannot file a complaint based only on a claimed violation of Rule 11, but the court must hold a hearing to determine whether Rule 11 has been violated and, if so, what the penalty should be. The trial court has the authority to impose sanctions based on Rule 11, including an award of reasonable attorney fees. You cannot defend yourself by saying that you relied upon the advice of an attorney when filing your claim or asserting your defense, when you are now representing yourself.
    In addition, if a court finds that a party has been harmed by another party’s frivolous conduct, the court can award court costs, reasonable attorney fees and other reasonable expenses related to the pending court case. (Ohio Revised Code Section 2323.51) Frivolous conduct is something:

• done only to harass or injure another party in the case or for another improper purpose, including causing unnecessary delay or needlessly increasing the cost of litigation;
    • not warranted under existing law, can’t be supported by a good faith argument or an extension, modification, reversal of existing law or the establishment of new law;
    • that consists of allegations that have no evidence to support them or are not likely to have support after further investigation; or
    • that consists of denials that aren’t supported by the evidence or aren’t reasonably based on a lack of information or belief.
    I suspect the Third Party Defendants attorneys may find that Rule 11 quite handy. Texas has some lovely sanctions as well if we should end up in my great state!

I already sent the case to the Harvard law site where my trouncing of Tim Darnell is cataloged:

Darnell v. Dobrott | Citizen Media Law Project

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Little Black Hole would work just as well I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dear Soapboxmom, Granny thinks Don and Frank let Cathy and Jay out of the pen again, but thankfully pantherdad chased them down and put them in their rightfull place. signed......Jethro and Ellie Mae

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dear Soapboxmom, Granny thinks Don and Frank let Cathy and Jay out of the pen again, but thankfully pantherdad chased them down and put them in their rightfull place. signed......Jethro and Ellie Mae
    The Chez Nous Crew is obviously kinda bummed as the new board is going to end McCrady's spending spree and send the Music Man and company packing for good I imagine. The Titanic cannot be raised!!!! Maybe, we will let them play in the local cement pond if they promise to behave.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Soapboxmom, what's so sad about this whole situation is the fact the Porter-New Caney communities could have had one of the finest community pools and recreation centers around built on land they already own for the poorer kids whose parents can't afford to keep them entertained in the way Donnyboy and Mr. Malarky entertains their children, for the money that was paid to Donnyboy. Humble has had one for 40 yrs, I know, I went there as a child. It's located in close proximity to Chez Nous. With the taxpayers money that has already been flushed down the toilet, and maybe 10 million more, a Waterpark (Sorry, Frank, EMCs no world-class vacation destination, even WITH a theme-park) could have been built and operating for the last 3 yrs. With the location a little closer to Kingwood, it could serve the communuties of Porter, NC, Humble, Atascosita,Kingwood and Lake Houston. This also might be considered a big risk seeing as though there's a Splashtown located 25 mi. away near the Woodlands, I believe. What is even sadder is the fact Malarky and Co., in my opinion,were taken, and ultimately the tax-payers of EMC, by con-men and wont have the guts to admit it. ( We wouldn't want THAT now, WOULD we?) And before the Supreme Lord and Master of the Internet spews forth more BLABberistic BLUBBERings on it, who was it that posted WE, and let me reiterate that, WE just re-invent the rules. Sorry, fatboy, you didn't obliterate that fast enough for the posse to catch. After telling my children a number of times, even my children understand not to put anything on there for the world to see that might incriminate them or others. Do you not tell YOUR children this? What, do you think you "OWN" the rights to this? If you do, you need to lay off the crack, doughboy! I'm glad I finished this before midnight, because this my response to your threats to all posters and bloggers concerned about where taxdollars go, and my gift to you. HAPPY FATHERS DAY,DON