Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

Post Thanks / Like

re: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    There is absolutely NO WAY clients never asked when asked to fork over all the scratch he was demanding.
    Come to Pahrump and have a laugh???

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

EarthQuest 2009 bond sale: where did tax dollars go - Monday, April 30, 2012 - Copyright 2007 Ourtribune.com

1.2 some odd million to Holbrook for a park that is likely to never be built.
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fjjm303 View Post
    Come to Pahrump and have a laugh???
    Welcome to the forum! I hope everyone who has had the displeasure of having Holbrook brag of his 100s of projects and more will join us here.

http://www.iedconline.org/Downloads/...nforcement.pdf
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Developing a World-Class Destination Tourism Zone
    30 Monday Apr 2012
    Posted by economicdeveloper in Destination Tourism Development Projects
    Leave a Comment

Dear Friends and Colleagues;
    I have been recently over the course of the past few months viciously attacked by a blogger who is what we refer to as a self-proclaimed armchair expert on anything that she decides. This is not uncommon on major projects as with most public hearings to gain public support for such projects, the naysayers always show up and complain. We refer to these folks as CAVE (citizens against virtually everything). It takes thick skin to work in the public sector arena as anyone who works in our profession well knows. In addition, there are some very controversial fringe media articles from less than mainstream news sources about a major project I have been working on for nearly 6 years in Texas. Being able to handle the attacks and controversial accusations that sometimes come out of this stance are essential to anyone who wants to achieve the positive outcome of such projects......

My largest project to date is in EMCID territory in the Greater Houston market. I chose Greater Houston because it is a central time zone destination. It is the fourth largest market in the United States and is not well served by destination tourism concepts. Our project in the Greater Houston market, is anchored by a proposed green sustainably designed theme park. The original developer on the project, Marlin-Atlantis filed for bankruptcy in 2011 after they failed to perform to their development agreement with my client the East Montgomery County Improvement District, (EMCID).....

These are very long-term projects and require that the public partner have great insight and patience in dealing with all of the myriad of complex issues that confront any project of this magnitude. These type projects are on a much larger and more complex scale than a six flags or what we refer to as a hard rides amusement park....
    You, Don Holbrook, published on your own LinkedIn page that you were no longer involved in this fiasco. I am quite concerned that a world class destination park that is way beyond the league of Six Flags is going to cost a hell of a lot more than $600,000,000.00. If any financing ever comes through there better be plenty of room for cost overruns as those happen quite frequently in the world of construction.

Don Holbrook was the Executive Vice President of a very large fundraising firm. Why is it this expert fundraiser has not gotten fundraising for the theme park. He sure got some money funneled to the charity which handsomely lined his own pockets.

Instead of blowing lots of hot air, why not list the 100s of projects that you bragged of Holbrook. The IRS is already looking at the charity debacle. Why are you still refusing to turn over documents that you are required to make publicly available by law?

If there are any false statements of fact by me or the media why aren't you quoting and refuting those? You just continue to meltdown when you are challenged. I think Judge Sadler said it very well.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mr. Malisow;
    Your commentary is a fictional accounting of a very positive economic opportunity for Greater Houston's economy. Many projects such as this go through unexpected mitigation such as the failure of the developer and then have to carefully navigate that web of liabilities in order to separate a good project with valid financial market appeal from an insolvent over-leveraged developer that got squeezed with financial pressures during the Greatest Financial Recession in my lifetime. EMCID has done a very professional job of strategically protecting the ability for the project to regain site control and then move forward in the pursuit of capitalization to fund the construction and opening of the Theme Park as an anchor to an over-all destination tourism strategy. They had to work within the constraints of the US Bankruptcy Court and the judicial timelines dictated by that court.
    No project of this potential magnitude is achieved without front end public sector risk and thus the eventual reward for persevering through the long-term process of locking down the right developer, operator and investment groups to support the project over-all.
    Most theme park projects that are successful in the world today take between 8-14 years to get open and operational from concept to operations. This is according to a third party theme park expert that is world renowned for her knowledge of such things. They always constitute the need for a strong visionary public sector partner. In the early stages it is always the public sector partner that carries the burden of getting the professional due diligence done, validating the market, developing the footprint and site requirements, creating the conceptual design (intellectual property) and the financial business case that will be utilized to attract the private sector investors. It is a shared risk environment.
    EMCID has done everything very professionally to keep this project on the path to be able to move forward to fruition and without their efforts this project would not become a reality.
    Lastly, I believe your portrayal of my own professional background was sensationalized to lead people improperly to believe that somehow I have acted inappropriately in the past or perhaps am doing so now. Nothing is further from the truth. My economic value and the amounts of monies I am paid as a professional are directly tied to my hourly fee for my know how of constructing public-private partnerships, incentives and special legislation that will induce potential private sector investors to invest in such projects and addressing any mitigation factors within my area of expertise as a highly decorated and accomplished economic developer. They are not extreme fees considering the intellectual know how I bring to projects. Neither am I a professional developer. My clients sign contracts with very clear fee definitions and terms of payment, my fees are not contingent upon some developer being chosen and/or the developer finding investors. By that point my public policy work has been done, validated by jurisdictional approval and further validated by an executed development agreement. I am a highly paid and respected professional. I do not unduly charge unwitting people for hidden fees. I clearly set out my fee structure in each and every contract tied to performance milestones as has been the case in the EarthQuest Project. I was asked first to do work for Don Lessem, then asked to further do work in support of the expansion of the concept with EMCID, and then assigned to do work in support of the now defunct developer Mr. John Marlin and Marlin Atlantis Companies (who has not paid his final bill to me for my work which has been completed on this project since 2008-2009. Lastly I was asked again under another separate contract to give assistance to the EQI project with an hourly contract which was consistent with my previous contracts stated professional hourly rate. I did so under the promise that the board of directors would make sure that myself and Dr. Gardner and Ms. Thomas were paid partially as we did the work requested of us monthly by the EQI board of directors and finally in a deferred but not contingent basis until Marlin Atlantis contributed their promised financial support for the EQI. That financial support never appeared. We as professional employees got stung for our time. Now some folks may believe that professionals such as ourselves make too much per hour, but that is based on non-factual opinions. Many attorneys, accountants, and other professionals make far more than my own hourly rate. What others think of my economic value other than my clients is irrelevant. But when you fuel rumors and innuendo in these type of articles that are purely opinion based it economically harms people like myself now and far into the future with no basis for such wrongful assertions. Up until these slanderous and defamatory articles and now comments fueled by this malicious blogger Heather Dobrott, I had not experienced any credible or legally justified customer complaints, stated dissatisfaction or anything of anything close to unethical behavior. There must be a reason for that? Of course there is. I was doing my stated job and performing to the expectations of my clients engagement contracts. Now your continuous posting of this article has unjustly created a perception in the general public that is virally spreading across the internet causing me to have tremendous economic hardships now and into an unfathomable and unpredictable future total damages that are completely not factual. I performed my job and completed my assignment in each of my contractual client based contracts. To this day I have not been paid fully for my economic development incentive strategy and the special legislation that I was asked to assist in designing to make this project economically attract to the private investment world. I have waited patiently for my final payment and worked with EMCID to achieve a turn around under the promise that at that time my final payment would be paid by the new developer as a requirement of using any EMCID entitlements as per our written contractual agreements. Any work I have done since 2008 has been on an agreed upon retainer basis in support of moving this project to eventual fruition.
    This woman Heather Dobrott seems to use your article and those of the OurTribune as some form of factual basis to bombard my clients, colleagues and others that hire me to consult, speak and purchase my books. She is acting illegally and outside of the borders of professional and lawful conduct in the online crusade to defame, slander and create libelous commentary regarding my profession, my conduct and my professional economic livelihood. I would appreciate your ceasing to attack my professional reputation just because you do not believe a project will come to fruition. In the past I have many times seen such projects become the economic game changer that most did not think was possible. That is the nature of economic development creating positive economic outcomes where others only see adversity and complacency.
    Sincerely,
    Don A. Holbrook, CEcD, FM
    Board Member of the International Economic Development Council.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This small park cost 400 million to build and quickly ended up bankrupt. So, how can an mega international destination like Earthquest be built for 600 million??? How will the Houston area get in enough visitors to keep something afloat? This place was really nifty and unique as well.

Theme park's future uncertain, three years after opening : News : CarolinaLive.com

Hard Rock Park

Google Image Result for http://www.bumpershine.com/wp-images/posts/hard_rock_park.gif

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lots more questions are headed Holbrook's way. Is anyone surprised to learn that Holbrook was the Executive Vice President of a fundraising company before he hooked up with Frank McCrady? That leads to some interesting questions. The Earthquest Institute spent $600,000,000.00 on professional services according to its filings with the IRS. I would hazard a guess that much of that was for fundraising efforts. Much of the money that landed in Earthquest's coffers and was paid to Holbrook came from the EMCID and was tax dollars. How much was raised by the professional fundraisers Holbrook had in his Earthquest album?

I have been told that professional fundraising like what Earthquest probably had could run $20,000.00 - $25,000.00 per month on something like a two year contract typically. How much was spent and just how much money was raised for the now defunct Institute?

Frequently Asked Questions - Earth Quest Adventure Zone
    When will construction start?
    Frank McGrady has estimated construction will begin in the fall of 2009. Mr. McGrady stated that he does not anticipate any foreseeable delay in construction plans as a result of the recent slowdown in the economy. The key players involved in this project were well positioned financially and do not interpret the current economic climate as an obstacle.

On the non-profit side of things, representatives from Sage Fundraising Solutions have established potential contributors and have received a warm welcome so far. Sage will be making full presentations in early 2009 regarding the EarthQuest Institute and museum and do not anticipate any major difficulties.
    Did Holbrook get a cut of the fundraising action as well? He has had his hand in lots of other pies. I think the economy was a minor issue at best as McCrady says. This gargantuan project might have never been fundable for a number of other reasons.

I spoke with a fundraising professional about this:
    Court gives EarthQuest developer time to raise money, save project - Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - Copyright 2007 Ourtribune.com
    For example, the contract executed with Pahrump, Nevada, to determine if it was a good candidate for a major theme park, was initially presented to the public as a $154,000 agreement. The primary thrust of the initial contract was for Holbrook and Contour to conduct a survey and see if Pahrump was a suitable site. Not surprisingly, the search (conducted by Contour & Holbrook) did conclude that Pahrump was a viable venue.

In later town hall meetings it was disclosed to the general public that the contract was not a single-purpose document, but an on-going, multi-phase commitment, with those future phases triggered by specific events. Those future phases will commit the city to almost $900,000 in total fees as additional phases are completed. Furthermore, the contract provides for “Success Fees” should the project be constructed. Contour and Holbrook will receive 1 percent of all investor money raised, and 3 percent of all public funding committed to the project. On a $500 million project, the approximate cost of the EarthQuest park, that stipulation could generate a fee as high as $10 million+ to the developers.

That individual pointed me to this from the Association of Fundraising Professionals:
    Code of Ethical Principles and Standards - Enforcement Procedures - Ethics - AFP
    AFP members both individual and business aspire to:

• practice their profession with integrity, honesty, truthfulness and adherence to the absolute obligation to safeguard the public trust
    • act according to the highest goals and visions of their organizations, professions, clients and consciences
    • put philanthropic mission above personal gain;
    • inspire others through their own sense of dedication and high purpose
    • improve their professional knowledge and skills, so that their performance will better serve others
    • demonstrate concern for the interests and well-being of individuals affected by their actions
    • value the privacy, freedom of choice and interests of all those affected by their actions
    • foster cultural diversity and pluralistic values and treat all people with dignity and respect
    • affirm, through personal giving, a commitment to philanthropy and its role in society.....

Compensation and Contracts
    21. Members shall not accept compensation or enter into a contract that is based on a percentage of contributions; nor shall members accept finder’s fees or contingent fees. Business members must refrain from receiving compensation from third parties derived from products or services for a client without disclosing that third-party compensation to the client (for example, volume rebates from vendors to business members).
    Holbrook and Contour, who are milking Pahrump for a percentage of the take, are not members of this professional organization. All this explains why Holbrook is illegally refusing to turn over documents related to the charity, the Earthquest Institute. Holbrook's relationship with Sage needs to be investigated. An honest accounting of the charity's numbers should be coming from its president and CEO Don Holbrook.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://www.realscam.com/f11/trey-whi...html#post18491

Some of Don Holbrook's office mates from the fundraising deal for which he was Vice President left and formed Sage and surprise, surprise he has them fundraising for Earthquest Insitute. Sage Fundraising is now dissolved and its president Mark Bergethon is now heading Convergent. Sage was short lived. Did Holbrook get a cut of the take as he has demanded in his contract with Pahrump? Did Sage abide by the ethics of the Association of Fundraising professionals?

http://www.sunbiz.org/pdf/30372173.pdf

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This landed in my box:
    Community Viewpoint
    Part 1 – Background Update on Mr. Holbrook, “The Music Man”
    There is an update on Mr. Don Holbrook and his scam to cheap the town out of its tax dollars. Many letters to the papers, and emails to the Town Board were sent when his “Theme Park” contract was first proposed. The Town Board has already paid Holbrook and Contours Entertainment $151,000 toward this scam to date but in the very future another $244,000 will be considered for the next phase of Mr. Harley Kulkin’s pipe dream. Mr. Kulkin has stated publicly and with much conviction to the opposition, “We just don’t understand”, and “We are thinking too small”. Well, Mr. Kulkin Mr. Kohbarger and the Town Board have committed the Town to paying Mr. Holbrook over $950,000. To my thinking that’s no small amount of money and losing it all is what I’m worried about. I may not understand or know what Mr. Kulkin, Mr. Kohbarger and the Town Board do, but this is what I know. Given that they all have stated Mr. Holbrook has been fully vetted and his background checked one can only assume they are lying, irresponsible with Town money or just don’t care. Mr. Holbrook has stated he has never been involved in a project that failed but has not offered information on even one (1) of those projects. In fact no information can be found on the internet about any projects in which Mr. Holbrook has been involved until very recently.
    Here is what is known now as public information. Maybe the Town Board will take this information seriously and act appropriately by canceling the contract with Mr. Holbrook immediately and send him on his way to his next unwitting community. If the Town Board and Mr. Kohbarger don’t, then they are witless.
    The EcoQuest project in East Montgomery County, Texas, one of Mr. Holbrook’s touted successful projects filed for Bankruptcy on August, 2011, fully one (1) month before Mr. Holbrook and the Town of Pahrump entered into their contract. $20 Million Owed to secured creditors. Another $1 Million is owed to unsecured creditors including the East Montgomery County Improvement District, a district located in the 4th largest metropolitan area in the United States with 18 million people! If Mr. Holbrook can’t succeed there how is he going to do it here? So much for “Due Diligence”
    Mr. Kulkin, in a public response to early criticism of Mr. Holbrook and your Theme Park project you asked, “How can you be so sure Houston (the EcoQuest project) is a failure”? Well. Mr. Kulkin, that project was a bonafide failure according to the Federal bankruptcy filing one (1) month before the Town of Pahrump signed the contract with Mr. Holbrook! You, Mr. Kohbarger and the rest of the Town Board all said a full background check had been completed. So, did you do the background check and choose to ignore the evidence, or was the background check not done? Either you all lied or you all are guilty of Malfeasance and should resign. How much taxpayer money has to be spent on the dream of yours before you recognize you have been duped? Soon another $240,000 will be on the line. Along with the $151,000 already spent. The total is almost $400,000 given to Mr. Holbrook and all there is to show for that money is a boiler plate report stolen from the bankrupt Houston EcoQuest project. Stop now before the entire Tourism fund is bankrupt. You have to decide whether you want your legacy to be giving $950,000 of public funds to Mr. Holbrook, a proven fraud, I hear band music playing, but just like in the “Music Man”, the band has no uniforms and never will. You are dreaming Mr. Kulkin at public expense. If it’s such a great project use your own money. You, Mr. Kohbarger and the entire Town Board should be ashamed.
    It takes a big man to overcome his ego and admit he is wrong. You all have been wrong about Mr. Holbrook from the start. If you had done your homework, you would have recognized him for the scam artist he is. If you don’t do something now that evidence is presented about Mr. Holbrook’s little known past. You will allow him to add Pahrump to his hit list of victims. You all now know the inconvenient truth, EcoQuest is dead! Now it is time to do the right thing. Don’t allow insult to be added to injury. Don’t spend another penny with Mr. Holbrook. He’s a liar and a fraud. Cancel his contract. Don’t commit to another $240,000 dollars, please. There will be more to reveal regarding Mr. Holbrook’s recent past that you will have to face. More in Part Two of the Holbrook saga.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Heather Dobrott Law Suit Pending for Defamation? | Questions & Answers
    You are here: Home >> Questions & Answers >> Heather Dobrott Law Suit Pending for Defamation?

by Don Holbrook on Apr 23, 2012 | Social Media
    Heather Dobrott Law Suit Pending for Defamation?

Does anyone know if this woman is being legally pursued for her defamation and slander and libel she is spreading about other folks such as myself?
    Answer it 0 StubleUpon0 Reddit0

Answers (1-1 of 1)

There are 1 answers for Heather Dobrott Law Suit Pending for Defamation?.

by Don Holbrook On Apr 24, 2012
    I found the following post on the internet about an alleged potential class action suit against realscams, which appears to be a site administrated by Ms. Heather Dobrott. “Site RealScam encourages cyber-bullying and cyber-stalking by allowing the creation of anonymous accounts and by allowing the users to present of unproven accusations towards individuals of their targeted organization. The RealScam.com turns out to be just a harassment and bashing site with no verification of facts and indiscriminate attacks at anyone who looks like an easy target. The main admin of the site Heather Dobrott sates that she is only doing this on volunteer bases and has no time to verify each post. RealScam instead of contributing to fighting scam encourages cyber-bullying and cyber-stalking and perpetuates the problems which it has allegedly attempted to solve. If you have been targeted by anonymous users from the RealScamSite.com and would like to join Class Actions Suit against RealScam.com or have any information which could help to enforce some rules in regards to this site, please send us email to following address support@realscamclassactionsuit.comWhat defense does a person have about defamation of character? - WORLD Law Direct Forums
    Don Holbrook has answered himself??? Of course, the question is how big of an idiot is Holbrook going to make out of himself publicly??? What savvy business person would seek legal advice online in this manner??? Buffoonery at its most obvious!!!!

Why not just list the 100s of projects he bragged of? Why not just turn over the charity papers as required by law? Why not come clean on why Pahrump was told Earthquest would break ground in December 2011 or early 2012 in an e-mail dated May 2011 when it was disclosed the developers were bust? Are public outbursts and lawsuit threats how the IEDC code of ethics requires its members to deal with questions and concerns???

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don Holbrook should really read the Harvard law site:

Darnell v. Dobrott | Citizen Media Law Project

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Has Soapbox Mom been stalking you or defaming you? | Questions & Answers
    You are here: Home >> Questions & Answers >> Has Soapbox Mom been stalking you or defaming you?

by Don Holbrook on Apr 24, 2012 | Legal
    Has Soapbox Mom been stalking you or defaming you?

Has anyone else been cyber stalked by the Soapbox Mom besides me? This woman aka Ms. Heather Dobrott has been getting photos off my facebook page and then misusing them to mislead people about others character. She has also called me a drunk... nothing is further from the truth, for having a 50th birthday party. I am interested in who else is being stalked, harassed, and/or defamed by her?
    You put up your photos on Facebook, Mr. Holbrook. You made them public and viewers could hit the share button as that is the way you had your permissions set. No doubt this is great publicity for you, Holbrook. I will forward this to everyone that should see how you conduct yourself. Who would do business with a litigious goon? And what public officials would want to risk you posting pictures of them and their family members dancing on tables??? Business suicide in full public view! Again, what an embarrassment to the IEDC!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    Heather Dobrott Law Suit Pending for Defamation? | Questions & Answers

Don Holbrook has answered himself??? Of course, the question is how big of an idiot is Holbrook going to make out of himself publicly??? What savvy business person would seek legal advice online in this manner??? Buffoonery at its most obvious!!!!

Why not just list the 100s of projects he bragged of? Why not just turn over the charity papers as required by law? Why not come clean on why Pahrump was told Earthquest would break ground in December 2011 or early 2012 in an e-mail dated May 2011 when it was disclosed the developers were bust? Are public outbursts and lawsuit threats how the IEDC code of ethics requires its members to deal with questions and concerns???

Soapboxmom
    He's going to rely on the scammer 'bogdan' in his crusade? LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Don Holbrook has been sued by the city of Huber Heights Ohio:

Don Holbrook Summons.pdf

Huber Heights vs. Don Holbrook.pdf

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don Holbrook is a bigger blowhard than our little Lenny Clements. His verbosity and arrogance certainly rival those of Clements and he actually makes even less sense than our anti-scam site award winning meltdown king:
    03 Thursday May 2012
    Posted by economicdeveloper in Consulting, Knowledge Based & Information Driven Economy, The Next America Discussion
    1 Comment

Today I often hear and get criticized for the cost of purchasing real information that is based on factual data, experience based opinions from the knowledge of real-life scenarios gathered through first hand or what we refer to as primary experience. Data is the accumulation of information and in its raw form (that of not being validated and categorized for reasonable comparative value) is just a bunch of numbers. That data however when reviewed, researched, validated for accuracy and reliable categorical relationship to the context in which it is used, can become very powerful. In the hands of someone competent at understanding this data and having confidence in its accuracy and relationship to the context now can become information. Such a person must have normally a fairly high level of methodical expertise to then dub this data valid and factual. .......

Thus their opinions form on how to avoid pitfalls and execute on opportunities with strategies that work consistently within this area of expertise. We call this background in the corporate world a “SME,” (Subject Matter Expert). Their opinions can be the difference between a successful venture or a failed one. Their time and knowledge can save hundreds of thousands of dollars and even millions of wasted dollars and can make their clients in the same vein millions and billions of dollars when executed well. This outcome is what we call wisdom. Wisdom of course is the most difficult intangible and hard to measure human trait of all. Those that profess or are acclaimed to have attained wisdom are held by those with the acumen to understand the difficulty in creating it from scratch, as wise and valuable advisors. Of course I am referring to the commonly called profession of consulting.

Consultants normally practice within a very narrow niche of their expertise… honing their skills and being very strategic in their subject matter knowledge and the mastery of all they can know and gather around this niche.
    Yet today, when a consultant gives an opinion or recommendation he or she is almost attacked for the sale of such a commodity at a very high premium because once it is disclosed to the general public, they all become armchair experts on the subject. Here is where it gets tough. Now those issues are further exasperated by the internet. Now a legion of untested, uninformed and unexperienced novices proclaim their own free information as being validated in the same vein as the consultants. While opinions are always free, expertise and facts are normally not. You have to pay for things that are validated. Even the internet normally creates a firewall for real information. That is how the public records and other knowledge industries make a living.
    Today the difficulties of being a consultant in the public sector realm is that everyone believes we consultants should not make a premium wage and be classified with those that made choices in life to live on lesser means. While i do not judge those who make less than myself, I do not try to account for their real economic worth only my own based on the comparative value of the information and expertise i convey to my clients.
    Sadly, too many times even my clients are overwhelmed by the uninformed public sentiment of information is free, expertise is not necessary to validate and what is printed with ink and bytes must be true and factual… it is sometimes a very sad state of affairs. In most of these cases this uninformed mass does noting to solve the problem they just derail the reality of focusing on the possible solutions.
    I had absolutely no idea public records make a living. Many records are free others are available for .10 to $1.00 -2.00 a page. That helps defray the costs of storing and distributing said information.

I have news for Holbrook. Some very knowledgeable people know full well he is not worth the $400.00 an hour that he claims he is worth, much less the $185.00 an hour he was paid as the CEO and president of the charity that is now defunct.

Holbrook is having this major meltdown because the gravy trains have dried up. He is refusing to list his 100s of projects as it is quite apparent he can't. Earthquest is failed and at Holbrook's behest millions of dollars were wasted pursuing something that I am told is unlikely to be financed. Holbrook sure enjoyed the lifestyle of the rich and famous while being courted by Frank McCrady.

Holbrook, remember that old saying that went something like this:
    Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one and I personally think yours really stinks.

If I was Holbrook, I would not be spending my time blogging. I would be answering that lawsuit in Huber Heights. He must file a response within 28 days of being served. And, I checked this morning and there is still no attorney of record for Holbrook.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently there were enough "consultants" back in the 1800s for Abraham Lincoln to make his now famous observation:

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

Abraham Lincoln
    , (attributed)
    16th president of US (1809 - 1865)
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

EarthQuest's Don Holbrook Sued by Ohio City for Alleged Fraud - Houston News - Hair Balls

Courts
    EarthQuest's Don Holbrook Sued by Ohio City for Alleged Fraud

By Craig Malisow Thu., May 3 2012 at 2:30 PM

Categories: Courts

The vast conspiracy against genius economic consultant Don Holbrook now stretches to Ohio!
    Don Holbrook, one of the masterminds behind the perpetually stalled New Caney clusterfuck known as EarthQuest, has been sued by the city of Huber Heights, Ohio, for allegedly performing a substandard economic analysis for the city. The city, located just northwest of Dayton, entered into a $66,000 contract with Holbrook, who was to "create an economic development business case" and conduct a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threat) analysis "from a regional economic development perspective."
    The city forked over $53,800 before Holbrook submitted his report, which "wholly failed to conform to the terms [of the contract] and wholly failed to conform to industry standards," according to the suit. The city withheld its final payment and demanded a refund, which Holbrook refused, the suit states. (Specifically, the city accuses Holbrook of fraudulent inducement, negligent misrepresentation, and unjust enrichment.)
    We called Mike Bly, one of the lawyers suing on behalf of the city, but haven't heard back. We'll update if and when we learn more about these allegations.
    During the reporting and writing of the feature on EarthQuest, Holbrook eventually cut off contact with the Houston Press, opting instead to post comments after the article was published. He wrote that the story was "purposely inaccurate and misleading and full of very crappy and not factual reporting," although he did not provide specific examples. He also accused the Press and its "alleged cronies" of spawning a "conspiracy theory" in order to discredit him.
    He also suggested the reporter just "admit you seem to be trying to peddle a screen play script. Maybe Mel Gibson will option it and make you rich, that must be your intent with such fictional writing because investigative reporting is not your calling in life."
    Apparently, the folks in Huber Heights are part of this massive conspiracy against Don Holbrook. Just like his previous employers in Indiana and Minnesota. That's some JFK-level ****, yo.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here are a few excerpts from Holbrook's latest missive:
    Economic Change During the Obama Presidency « economicdeveloper
    I believe that our tax system is in need of a drastic and complete overhaul and should rely on consumption taxes and use taxes versus wealth and income taxes for the cost of local, state and national governance......

This would correct the poor and over zealous lending practices that have gotten American so far in debt. If you couple this with the fact that first mortgages should not be able to cover anymore than 80% of the homes actual appraised value, then you would begin to reform not only poor banking practices but also stupid credit decisions of hocking our homes for vacations, credit card debts and other non-essentials.....

1.) Flat 15% Workforce Tax including 1099- eliminate death tax- flat 15% dividend tax-
    2.) National, State, Local Sales tax to cover the cost of government- capped at 15%
    3.) Eliminate property and income taxes use the sales tax for those purposes COG
    4.) Allow Second mortgages to be written off in Bankruptcy and limit first mortgages to 80% of home value… limit the use of home equity loans to asset improvements and energy conservation.

13.) No government bail outs for failed banks or companies… capitalism should be allowed to run it’s course. Mortgage and Deposit insurance for banks should be based on a national private pool administered by the FED, but 100% out of transaction fees. No additional federal funds for failures.
    Again, he wants regressive taxes that places an impossible for the poor and lower middle class. Aren't those the very people his fantastic projects are supposed to help and create jobs for? He is concerned about banks making loans they shouldn't be?

He wants to reform banking practices, yet he wants East Montgomery County to spend millions of dollars planning a massive world class theme park that may never have had a reasonable chance of getting funded. That is putting the taxpayers at tremendous risk. He wants to line up investors for this thing as well. They would also be taking tremendous risk. This 600 million dollar deal could easily cost over a billion dollars. Theme parks historically have proven to be very risky ventures and it is difficult to accurately predict attendance and very difficult in some cases to get those numbers to a point they will keep the park profitable. What would happen if it did get built and quickly went bust?

I also notice that Holbrook hasn't filed any response to the lawsuit in Ohio. The discovery requests are absolutely massive and filled with questions he doesn't want to answer and documents he will not want to produce and have made public. I wouldn't be surprised if doesn't answer.

Huber Heights vs. Don Holbrook.pdf

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

From the Houston Press comments:
    EarthQuest's Don Holbrook Sued by Ohio City for Alleged Fraud - Houston News - Hair Balls
    Mr. Malisow;
    I have not responded to your requests for interviews because of your inaccurate misrepresentation of facts and your lack of impartial, unbiased news reporting. Those are the reasons for my lack of confidence in your own ability to report fairly on such issues that have such negative economic impact on my livelihood. I have done my job as contracted by the various developers, EQI and EMCID as I was contracted to do. My fees have been paid as they were pre-agreed upon nothing else. There is no impropriety in my conduct or unethical performance on my part. Your contacting my other clients and then creating this fabrication have harmed my economic livelihood without any factual basis. I know you or someone from your organization contacted my client in Huber Heights, OH. Our contract there was breached and our intellectual property stolen without final payment because I believe they bought into this fictional conspiracy theory you and Soap box Mom are perpetuating. Prior to your contaxt and up until we delivered our report, we had zero complaints from our client in Huber Heights. In fact, your commentary in this article and those of your attached bloggers is cyber bullying. Their comments and specifically targeted to harm my professional career and economic livelihood. In fact some of your bloggers are citing your work and that of Cynthia Calvert has factual evidence of some alleged wrong doing on my part. Those allegations are baseless and completely 100% false.
    With regard to my accomplishments, in the business world we do not broadcast our client list for bloggers and reporters to contact as you have shown a propensity to do, and as I know your malicious blogger using your site Soapbox Mom has done. Her blatant disregard for factual and professional commentary is well documented on the enormous blog profiles.
    Furthermore, it is very clear that your organization is perpetuating the economic harm by their continuous support of this type of unprofessional commentary. The malicious attacks by SoapBox Mom (Ms. Heather Dobrott) are purposefully aimed at destroying my professional career and my economic livelihood. These attacks on my professional reputation will not be tolerated any longer. The first amendment protects all of us from restriction of speech, but no defamation, slander and libel. Those are protected areas and they are not lawful even under the first amendment.
    Public money = Public scrutiny

I don't think everyone in Hyber Heights is illiterate, Holbrook. So, they were having no trouble finding the news reports and threads about you online. And, folks do have the right to communicate with whomever they desire. Who died and made you boss, Holbrook?

How did a dozen newspaper articles and various discussions of the apparently failed Earthquest project turn into a conspiracy theory???

Much of your client list is public because taxpayer dollars are involved. If you are being paid taxpayer dollars you should expect to be watched closely. World wide tours and extravagant spending sprees are going to get the attention of the news media and bloggers. Charity money to the tune of 1.4 million dollars, much of it taxpayers money being spent on a defunct charity that did only one project (having a college class develop green computer games that did not go on the website as promised) being blown and a good portion in your pocket is going to be scrutinized.

You claimed the 100s of projects, worth billions of dollars that created 50,000 jobs, then act like a pompous blowhard when anyone dare suggest you should name them and substantiate those claims.

I am not a professional anything online. I am a citizen that is college educated and can read. I will express my opinion whenever it suits my fancy. If there was any libel slander or defamation, those would, as we discussed before, boil down to false statements of fact. You, Holbrook are melting down again and have yet to produce those. Hyperbole and opinion are not generally actionable. Too bad you have no sense of humor!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poor baby
    such negative economic impact on my livelihood.
    What about the negative impact on the taxpayers he's fleeced?