Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The People Vs. Stephen Pierce / Vorys Sater Seymour and Pease

Post Thanks / Like

re: The People Vs. Stephen Pierce / Vorys Sater Seymour and Pease

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    We should turn that into a poll. I would not be surprised to find the attorneys had not done their homework. I have personally sat in depositions and courtrooms where that was quite obviously the case. I think they are betting on winning by default or Summary Judgment as the Defendants won't know how to answer and / or spending their opponents into silence.
    I am not a lawyer, but I do know that Stephen Pierce could be considered a limited public figure in a Texas court and the standards for defamation in that instance are quite high. Pierce and his flunkies better find some false statements of fact they can document and do so quickly before some savvy counsel turns them into hamburger meat! Judge Ginsberg does read everything and he is quick with his pen!!!

And, needless to say I might show up for some of the hearings and would love to publish the court papers as is my alarming habit!

Soapboxmom
    Well Stephen Pierce describes himself as the "World’s #1 Internet Wealth Advocate" and as "The Success Sculptor", so in his own mind, at least, he considers himself to be a public figure. Would the court take those kind of declarations into account?

Post Thanks / Like

REPRODUCED HERE WITH THE KIND PERMISSION OF SPIKE atALLEY-CAT blog

Stephen Pierce Vs Dale Brown

or Vorys Sater Seymour and Pease and a comedy of errors (or not?)

If you’ve been following the Stephen Pierce story over at http://saltydroid.info/the-people-vs-stephen-pierce/ or my own minor contribution here Resurrecting the Good Guys @ @ Alley-CatAlley-Cat you’ll know that there is a campaign going on to inform the many people who believe that they have been scammed by Stephen Pierce that a class action suit is being prepared by Dallas Attorney Alan Rosenbergagainst Stephen Pierce International. Alan’s firm Chamblee, Ryan, Kershaw & Anderson, P.C. have agreed to take the case on a contingency basis so there will be no fee to pay until they win the case, which they undoubtedly will.

I’ll reiterate here – it doesn’t matter what country you reside in or whether you feel you were defrauded by buying one of Pierce’s products or were called by telephone by someone using Pierce’s name to sell you some kind of service. If you feel you have been scammed or let down by Stephen Pierce or anybody associated with him, contact Alan Rosenberg at this email address.

One of the reasons for the campaign has been Stephen Pierce’s use of legal harassment to silence websites that criticise Stephen Pierce and his “get rich on the internet” schemes. I managed to resurrect one of the sites, stephenpiercescam.net, using Google cache. (You can see the pages using the menu above or the one on the right).

This is yet another lawsuit taken out by Pierce’s lawyers Vorys Sater Seymour and Pease, this time against a Mr Dale Brown and his company Coastal Vactions claiming that Mr Brown defamed their client with his website www.stephen-pierce-scam.com. You can see all the court documentation regarding the case by using the site and case number quoted above.
    In one of the documents they show pages from the website:

I’m actually a bit confused now as the only thing to be seen on the pages are images of Stephen Pierce’s products and lots of embedded YouTube videos of people praising Pierce and his products. The site is obviously unfinished as the About page is still showing the default WordPress message. Even though the lawsuit mentions comments, none are visible on the pages provided by the lawyers. I’m at a loss to see where the defamation is, or am I missing something? They actually demand that the site be taken down, while even in their own documentation they say that the site no longer exists. (??)

Is Stephen Pierce a scammer?

Now I’m wondering whether the site was initially meant to be one of those “Is Stephen Pierce a Scammer” type sites which was left unfinished? You know the type, they ask a question like “Are Stephen Pierce’s products a scam?” and then go on tell you they aren’t and offer you all sorts of “bonuses” if you buy one of Pierce’s products through their affiliate link.
    If that’s all Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease have got , “I was building a false Stephen Pierce is a scammer” site might actually work as a defence. Pierce and his cohorts have many of these types of site all over the internet. Here’s an example :

Would the real Dale Brown please step forward?

Another document to be found in the court documents is this response from Dale Brown, which, if true, is a sad reflection on the professional skills of Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease :

I’ll assume Mr Brown is telling the truth, so perhaps the question now is “Have the law firm Vorys Sater Seymour and Pease fucked up again? (The first time was when they took Pierce on as a client).
    Even if Mr Brown is telling fibs and is the owner of Coastal Vacations, they are suing a guy who can’t even afford to pay his electricity bill and is about to lose his house! Great job guys.
    Even more importantly would you want Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease representing you if this the kind of gross error they are likely to make?

Be Sociable, Share!
    View the original article on the ALLEY-CAT blog
    Last edited by littleroundman; 04-12-2012 at 07:43 PM.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alley-Cat View Post
    Well Stephen Pierce describes himself as the "World’s #1 Internet Wealth Advocate" and as "The Success Sculptor", so in his own mind, at least, he considers himself to be a public figure. Would the court take those kind of declarations into account?
    HowStuffWorks "How Paparazzi Work"

Texas Defamation Law | Citizen Media Law Project
    Actual Malice and Negligence
    In Texas, a private figure plaintiff bringing a defamation lawsuit must prove that the defendant was at least negligent with respect to the truth or falsity of the allegedly defamatory statement. Public officials, all-purpose public figures, and limited-purpose public figures must prove that the defendant acted with actual malice, i.e., knowing that the statement was false or recklessly disregarding its falsity. See the general page on actual malice and negligence for details on these standards.
    Privileges and Defenses

Texas courts recognize a number of privileges and defenses in the context of defamation actions, including substantial truth, the opinion and fair comment privileges, and the fair report privilege. Although the Texas Supreme Court has not ruled on the issue, many lower courts in Texas have recognized a privilege similar to the neutral reportage privilege.
    I am sure Pierce is at least a limited-purpose public figure based on that BS and his extensive online presence. That makes the bar he must meet very high!

Soapboxmom
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Stephen Pierce International
    Stephen Pierce International Stephen Pierce Ripoff, Scam, Deceptive Practices, Beware Con Artist McKinney, Texas
    4th of Jun, 2011 by User180311

Description of Product and Services not received: On 2/17/09 we entered into an agreement for services for a Product Creation Lab (PCL) with Stephen Pierce of Stephen Pierce International in the amount of $20,000. The following services were promised and have yet to be delivered: - Complete outline and development of our product content with Stephen Pierce (work with Stephen Pierce at his home all day to develop our strategy, foundation and direction of the product); - Stephen Pierce to coach, engineer and produce our studio recording of our product; - Completed product delivered on high-quality CDs for digital delivery; - Fulfillment house setup and ready for hands-free delivery of our product to anywhere in the world; - Our product in Amazon 100% ready to purchase; - A completed eBay store with our product available for pre-sale; - Our product mailed to Stephen Pierce's list of over 300,000; - An affiliate program mailed to Stephen Pierce's list of over 5,000 affiliates; - Private marketing consultation with Stephen Pierce on how to produce 6 and 7 figures in sales from our product; - MySpace marketing (design, marketing, etc.); - Product funnel - set up our product, membership site for residual income and our high-end product; - Strategy session with Stephen Pierce; - Speaking engagements to promote product guaranteed to bring in $100,000. What we got instead was that we personally worked ALONE on creating our product for which: - Stephen Pierce never looked at despite repeated requests; - Stephen Pierce never endorsed as promised; - Stephen Pierce never sent to his list as promised; - Stephen Pierce never sat down with us one-on-one (instead was supposedly being interviewed for Shark Tank so left after we arrived at his home after only sitting with us for 5 (FIVE) minutes--we've learned that Shark Tank producers did their homework and learned he was a con man long before we did!)--instead we were given an assistant who in reality was a clothing designer (not even a web designer) and had no clue what she was doing and was given to us as our only point of contactwe could not ever speak with Stephen Pierce even once in two years. We have tried patiently for over two years now to work with Stephen Pierce International and Stephen Pierce who kept promising his input and even as late as February 21, 2011, Stephen Pierce had again promised to send out our website link to his list and he has not done anything. No doubt he only did that to delay us again about asking for a refund! We have asked for a refund repeatedly and the turnover of employees over the past six months is unbelievable and frustrating--not to mention that our requests for a refund kept getting lost during the incessant employee turnover. Now the tactic is to eliminate the customer service contact with Stephen Pierce International and insist we talk to his attorney. When we spoke to his attorney, the attorney started saying that we were spreading rumors about Stephen Pierce that some woman moved into his house and accusing a friend of ours that said our friend told Stephen Pierce this. First we asked what that had to do with our refund--what are we in 2nd grade?--but the fact that it was all false blew us away as to why an attorney would be asking 2nd grade petty gossip questions. We contacted our friend and he also said he never said anything like that and he contacted that attorney to stop the rumors. The attorney agreed that we never said it but keeps stalling with our refund. It's all a game and tactics to keep customers apart from their money without ever delivering services. It's all a con game to Stephen Pierce! We're going to hire our own attorney and suggest anyone else who has trouble with Stephen Pierce and Stephen Pierce International do the same!

http://www.scaminformer.com/scam-report/stephen-pierce-international-stephen-pierce-international-stephen-pierce-ripoff-scam-c31064.html

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by littleroundman; 04-21-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Todd Reply:
    April 22nd, 2012 at 8:09 pm
    @Ex-Employee and @ I wantz 2B rich
    This brings back vivid memories of my time at SPI.

I was just as sold as a customer at first, I’ve seen plenty of “Opportunities” in my days before then, and would have never even wanted to work for that type of company without feeling that the person and product were different.

I guess it comes from relating (hopefully I guess) to the rags-to-riches story of someone who I thought might be a “mentor”. I’d bet most customers have the exact same view. He’s a great man on the outside, speaking words that inspire and give the image of someone who has “made it”.

It was this “inspiration” that kept me with the company nearly a year. During my time there I tried to keep faith that what I was doing and teaching customers would work for me (and them in the process).

In the end I could no longer continue working for him because I felt that the product sold was misleading and hurting a majority of the customers who purchased, often borrowing, using their last savings or retirement to invest into what seems to be a “sure thing”…

(My experience and resignation are described in my original post at Stephen Pierce–The Whole Truth | Can You Make Real Money On The Internet? )
    Just know that MOST of the people I worked with in my time there had a conscience and a soul. Most ended up resigning because of this. Although Most were “bribed” for their silence by a legal contract and a final “buyout fee” I never signed such an agreement, which Im sure he’s kicking himself for not doing right about now. At the end of my time there, I probably would have taken such a buyout as like the rest, I just wanted to get the whole experience behind me. Now though, I’m glad I didnt as It appears to me from the response so far, that people are rallying behind my example.

I hope that my actions bring justice for the customers I could not help. I think that I wanted things with stephen to be real, just as much as a customer who purchases his products.

You can see my actual resignation letter at My Resignation Letter… | Can You Make Real Money On The Internet? to get a good idea about what it was like for me working at SPI.
    http://saltydroid.info/the-people-vs-stephen-pierce/

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Latest at the SaltyDroid on Stephen Pierce:
    Revengeful Bloody Rampage

Post Thanks / Like

Article and comments reproduced here from Stephen Pierces' Revengful Bloody Rampage on SaltyDroid blog

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The People Vs. Stephen Pierce / Vorys Sater Seymour and Pease

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Register of Actions

Case No. DC-12-01044

STEPHEN PIERCE et al vs. THEODORE CANTU §
    §
    §
    §
    §
    Case Type: DEFAMATION
    Date Filed: 01/27/2012
    Party Information
    Lead Attorneys
    DEFENDANT
    CANTU, THEODORE Pro Se
    PLAINTIFF
    PIERCE, STEPHEN PAUL B KERLIN
    Retained

713-588-7000(W)
    PLAINTIFF
    STEPHEN PIERCE INTERNATIONAL INC
    Events & Orders of the Court
    DISPOSITIONS
    04/23/2012 NON-SUIT/DISMISSAL BY PLAINTIFF / PETITIONER (Judicial Officer: GINSBERG, CARL)
    Vol./Book 525L, Page 347, 1 pages
    OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
    02/06/2007 ORDER - LIMINEVol./Book 525L, Page 055, 5 pages
    01/27/2012 ORIGINAL PETITION (OCA)
    01/27/2012 JURY DEMAND
    Vol./Book J28, Page 167, 1 pages
    01/27/2012 ISSUE CITATION
    02/06/2012 AMENDED PETITIONE-FILED P/1ST & JURY DEMAND
    02/08/2012
    CITATION
    FIRST AMENDED
    CANTU, THEODORE Returned Unserved 02/29/2012
    Returned 02/29/2012
    03/30/2012 ORIGINAL ANSWER - GENERAL DENIAL
    04/02/2012 SCHEDULING ORDERVol./Book 525L, Page 056, 5 pages
    04/03/2012 ORDER - MEDIATIONVol./Book 525L, Page 057, 5 pages
    04/20/2012 NOTICE OF NONSUITPLUS NONSUIT ORDER (E-FILED)
    04/23/2012 NOTE - CLERKS***NONSUIT ORDER SUBMITTED TO JUDGE***
    04/27/2012 CANCELED DISMISSAL FOR WANT OF PROSECUTION (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer GINSBERG, CARL) BY COURT ADMINISTRATOR
    10/30/2012 CANCELED Jury Trial - Civil (9:30 AM) (Judicial Officer GINSBERG, CARL) CASE CLOSED
    Stephen Pierce filed for dismissal. There is no agreed judgment, no injunction, nothing.

Stephen Pierce Ted Cantu.pdf
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Register of Actions
    Case No. DC-12-01046
    STEPHEN PIERCE et al vs. RICK KEENE et al §
    §
    §
    §
    §
    Party Information
    Lead Attorneys
    DEFENDANT
    KEENE, RICK
    DEFENDANT
    SONADOR CONSULTING
    PLAINTIFF
    Retained

713-588-7000(W)
    PLAINTIFF
    DISPOSITIONS
    05/08/2012 NON-SUIT/DISMISSAL BY PLAINTIFF / PETITIONER (Judicial Officer: SLAUGHTER, GENA)
    Vol./Book 409J, Page 418, 1 pages
    01/27/2012 JURY DEMAND
    Vol./Book J28, Page 167, 1 pages
    02/06/2012 ISSUE CITATION
    02/06/2012 ISSUE CITATION COMM OF INS OR SOS
    02/06/2012 AMENDED PETITION1ST
    02/13/2012
    CITATION SOS/COI/COH/HAG
    FIRST AMENDED (SOS)
    SONADOR CONSULTING
    Served 02/21/2012
    Returned 03/08/2012
    02/13/2012
    CITATION
    FIRST AMENDED
    KEENE, RICK
    Served 02/18/2012
    Returned 03/08/2012
    03/08/2012 RETURN OF SERVICESOS
    03/19/2012 MOTION - SUMMARY JUDGMENT
    05/04/2012 NOTICE OF NONSUIT
    05/08/2012 NOTE - CLERKSTO JUDGE NONSUIT
    05/25/2012 CANCELED DISMISSAL FOR WANT OF PROSECUTION (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer SLAUGHTER, GENA) CASE CLOSED
    I love Rick Keene's answer. Again, the web postings may be gone, but Stephen Pierce has only drawn attention to the fact the truthful posts on the internet are hurting his scamming. This case too was dismissed without any injunction, agreed order or anything else.

He and his attorneys are such scum that they are attacking people who are out of state in the simple hopes of spending and threatening them into silence. That has a nasty habit of backfiring as there are many more out there who will archive everything and continue to speak out! If he and his scumbag attorney sue a savvy person with good legal help the case may very well turned around on them and result in sanctions in Texas and perhaps disciplinary action by the state bar against the lawyer. I helped get one shady lawyer disbarred and would be honored to do more work to keep the profession cleaned up here in the great state of Texas!

Stephen Pierce Rick Keene Original Filing.pdf

Stephen Pierce Rick Keene.pdf

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

And now for his most knot-headed legal adventure:

Register of Actions
    Case No. DC-12-01053
    STEPHEN PIERCE et al vs. DALE BROWN et al §
    §
    §
    §
    §
    Party Information
    Lead Attorneys
    DEFENDANT
    BROWN, DALE Pro Se
    DEFENDANT
    COASTAL VACATIONS
    PLAINTIFF
    Retained

713-588-7000(W)
    PLAINTIFF
    DISPOSITIONS
    04/23/2012 NON-SUIT/DISMISSAL BY PLAINTIFF / PETITIONER (Judicial Officer: GINSBERG, CARL)
    Vol./Book 525L, Page 353, 1 pages
    02/06/2007 ORDER - LIMINEVol./Book 524L, Page 1048, 5 pages
    01/27/2012 ISSUE CITATION
    01/27/2012 JURY DEMAND
    Vol./Book J28, Page 168, 1 pages
    02/06/2012 ISSUE CITATION COMM OF INS OR SOS
    02/06/2012 AMENDED PETITIONE-FILED P/1ST
    02/13/2012
    CITATION SOS/COI/COH/HAG
    FIRST AMENDED (SOS)
    COASTAL VACATIONS
    Served 02/21/2012
    Returned 03/08/2012
    02/13/2012
    CITATION
    FIRST AMENDED
    BROWN, DALE
    Served 02/21/2012
    Returned 03/08/2012
    03/12/2012 ORIGINAL ANSWER - GENERAL DENIALPRO-SE
    03/20/2012 CORRESPONDENCE - LETTER TO FILE***MEDIATOR INFORMATION***
    03/20/2012 SCHEDULING ORDERVol./Book 524L, Page 1049, 5 pages
    03/20/2012 ORDER - MEDIATIONVol./Book 524L, Page 1050, 5 pages
    03/27/2012 Pre-Trial Hearing (9:15 AM) (Judicial Officer GINSBERG, CARL) TELEPHONIC
    03/29/2012 NOTE - ADMINISTRATORMEDIATION SCHEDULED FOR TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 04, 2012 @ 9AM
    03/29/2012 CORRESPONDENCE - LETTER TO FILESOS
    04/18/2012 RETURN OF SERVICESOS/COASTAL VACATIONS
    04/20/2012 NOTICE OF NONSUITPLUS NONSUIT ORDER (E-FILED)
    04/23/2012 NOTE - CLERKS***NONSUIT ORDER SUBMITTED TO JUDGE***
    04/27/2012 CANCELED DISMISSAL FOR WANT OF PROSECUTION (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer GINSBERG, CARL) BY COURT ADMINISTRATOR
    05/01/2012 COLLECTIONS - FINANCIALS
    10/02/2012 CANCELED Jury Trial - Civil (9:30 AM) (Judicial Officer GINSBERG, CARL) CASE CLOSED
    Pierce and his sleazebag attorney sued the wrong Dale Brown as mentioned earlier in the thread. And, to top it off they didn't pay the fee or send enough copies so that Coastal Vacations could be served at all. The Notice of Non-suit was used in all three bogus cases that were filed. Buffoonery at it finest!

Stephen Pierce Dale Brown Coastal Vacations Original Petition.pdf

Stephen Pierce Dale Brown Coastal Vacations SOS.pdf

Stephen Pierce Notice Non-suit.pdf

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like