Thanks Thanks:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: EarthQuest Park / Don Holbrook / Contour Entertainment / Frank McCrady of EMCID

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: EarthQuest Park / Don Holbrook / Contour Entertainment / Frank McCrady of EMCID

I think Don Lessem, talking about Don Holbrook's disastrous time as president and CEO of the defunct Earthquest Institute, said it very well in the Houston Press article:
    Lessem outlined his concern in a few letters to the EarthQuest Institute board. In one he wrote, "Not one person among us has significant national or local contacts among the business and personal philanthropic communities. None of us has the right kind of board experience for leading what was chartered as an international educational effort. None of us has been able to set this organization on the right course...We all need to remember that this is an organization we SERVE, not our fiefdom to control."
    All that will be mine if any suit should be filed and I will publish every scrap of information about this project that goes into the public record. Holbrook isn't about to dictate to me what questions to ask and documents to demand. We taxpayers in Texas are not about to be bullied by a pompous buffoon like Holbrook! My opinion that Holbrook was fiscally irresponsible is totally justified by what the mainstream media has dug up so far. Lots more will be coming no doubt!

Soapboxmom
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: EarthQuest Park / Don Holbrook / Contour Entertainment / Frank McCrady of EMCID

Proceeds_Reconciliation_121009.pdf

That pompous blowhard, Holbrook, made a veritable fortune. He told one of his potential victims that he was worth $400.00 an hour. Apparently, EMCID was dumb enough to pay him something along those lines for this project gone nowhere.

From his LLC alon he raked in $773,963.43. That is in addition to the money he made from the defunct charity and any other pies he had his hands in. Disgusting!

Soapboxmom
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

On the Earthquest Houston Facebook page Holbrook wrote this inane rant:
    Comment by: Don Holbrook on Mar. 12th, 2012 - 11:36pm
    I am encouraged that a few people have started to realize that these magnitude of projects take time, patience and a visionary public partner. EMCID has shown great vision and management in keeping this project moving considering the global financial crisis and the failure of the first developer. All of us that have worked on this project and are still working hard to make it hugely beneficial to the residents of East Montgomery County believe in this project, have ourselves invested many thousands of hours that have not been compensated as they were agreed to in the beginning even after we did our job successfully and did the work we were contracted to perform. We have stayed the course because we believe in the project. We are all angry about Marlin's failure and we are even more angry that he has not paid us our monies for work performed. But we stay the course because we know in the end the project will be worth it and EMCID has always made sure that our debts will be paid once the EarthQuest Developer gets his funds gathered to make it a reality. If we did not believe in this process and if we did not believe EMCID was guiding this project correctly we would have sued everyone involved by now. So believe me when I say, I have full confidence in EMCID and their leadership team in how they are handling the reorganization of the EarthQuest Project and changing the scenario so that the new developer has more responsibility for repaying the Taxpayers, paying off the services rendered to Marlin on behalf of the project and getting the projected funded for construction and operation at the earliest possible date. So have some patience in the process that this reorganization has to go through, which in many cases is not controlled by EMCID, but rather the judicial process of our courts of law in this country.
    That bond money was originally going to be paid by tax money and parking fees the theme park generated. Now, Holbrook and that nut McCrady think they can con investors into fronting this deal millions of dollars to satisfy the bonds??? This is pure insanity. Theme parks are notorious for running over budget and not being profitable. It is a very risky investment to begin with. What investor would ever put themselves in the position of fronting millions to the likes of McCrady and Holbrook.

He has made hundreds of thousands off of this pipe dream deal. Holbrook was hired to raise the funding for the project, so how can he claim he was successful and performed his contract??? He actually has moxie to try and tell us a whiny tale about how he worked for free for thousands of hours after the hundreds of thousands that he raked in from this deal. He is such a pompous windbag!!!

Why in the sam hell would Holbrook sue anyone for the project going down the toilet?? EMCID hired him to raise the funds and put this together. EMCID should be suing him I believe judging from what has happened. Man is this guy a litigious goon. I guess he is going to sue half of the planet. God himself forbid anyone question his lordship, The Don!!!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Responding to Bloggers and Negative Uninformed Social Media Inquiries « economicdeveloper
    Responding to Bloggers and Negative Uninformed Social Media Inquiries

19 Thursday Apr 2012
    Posted by economicdeveloper in Uncategorized
    Leave a Comment

The advent of the internet has been a very positive outcome for the majority of things in our society, but there is a very dark and harmful side to the internet as many professionals are finding out today. This growth in voice and communication to the masses has created a very uninformed and very misguided group of people that are using blogging under the guise of trying to say they are truly media representatives and even more dangerously they are claiming to be capable of doing genuine investigative reporting. A review of most of their posts is nothing but a blathering of sensationalized and highly irrational posts about their personal views and most are not supported with any facts. Yet these posts and accusations show up when associated with those of us doing professional work as hits on search engines. Then they create confusion and paranoia and create conspiracy theories where none exist. I have been the victim of these type of news reporters and bloggers recently and in the past. Even when I was able to prevail in a court of law, the negative press and spin by these folks continues and it harms the economic livelihood of myself and others for no valid reason. Let’s not forget that these folks had no knowledge of the actual situations they discuss, don’t have any experience with the matter normally and are not supported by my former clients, current clients, former employers and/or constituents. You have to consider the source folks… they are citizens that are against virtually everything (CAVE) people. Thank God the world is not led by such negative Nellies or there would be no innovation, no new ideas pursued, no risks worth taking to change the current accepted processes and outcomes, no visionary leaders, yes nothing would be worthy in their minds of taking actions that could produce something other than the status quo. Today however slow it has taken, the laws are beginning to catch up to these defamatory individuals hiding behind their computer screens and slandering good people and committing libel and interfering in many cases with those targeted economic livelihood. Now the courts are beginning to allow those of us harmed by such malicious people the ability to prosecute them and seek damages. Let’s hope this begins to bring some balance to yellow media and social slander and libel. The best rule would be that the guilty party should be made to pay the average annual income for the past five years to the plaintiff for as many years as they have left until normal retirement as defined by social security, but no less than 10 years of forward projected damages. Maybe that will put some teeth into protecting those of us harmed by irresponsible media reporters and bloggers once and for all.
    Don Holbrook, the litigious goon, will scare off any client left that might have considered working with him. Any false statement of fact in a blog or an article, he should quote and refute to make his point. Then someone might take this blowhard seriously. It is obvious he can only meltdown and write these ridiculous diatribes. The blogs and articles about Don Holbrook and Earthquest are all filled with and based on verifiable documentation. They are filled with incisive questions that he doesn't want to answer.

Well, I have a question. Does EMCID have any recourse to recover some of the hundreds of thousands of tax dollars that Holbrook was paid to find financing and put this apparently failed project together? Millions of dollars have been spent and nothing whatsoever has been accomplished except for some pretty pictures and models etc. Don Holbrook is refusing to turn over the charity docs required by law and Frank McCrady long ago quit answering any question from me or the reporters he doesn't like.

Time for some accountability!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Holbrook was getting a check every time he sneezed:
    EAST MONTGOMERY COUNTY IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT / Directors approve contracts / Contract OK'd for theme park consultant 11/29/2007 | Archives | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle
    The directors will retain Don Holbrook and the Vercitas Group for consulting services in connection with the for-profit theme park portion of the Earth Quest project.

Under the terms of the $25,000 contract, Holbrook will provide the district with outside consulting services connected with securing financing and investors, said Frank McCrady, EMCID president and CEO.
    "We want to make sure he stays with the project and makes the presentations," said McCrady.
    Holbrook has already been working with the project's promoters, founders and the district and was actively involved in the process that selected the site of the Earth Quest venture.
    Holbrook's incredible gravy train has ended. Now, someone will have to go in and clean up the mess. The IRS should be taking action on that egregious charity debacle that paid Holbrook $328,955 while he was getting the huge payouts from the bond money and EMCID itself. The taxpayers and donors are sure taking it up the keister in this deal! I wonder how many more pies Holbrook had his hand in???

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The awful posts on Scam referencing Don and viciously attacking ProfHenryHiggins, myself and others with false criminal allegations have been removed. My gratitude to the folks at Scam. Kudos!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Houston Press article is a gas:

• Ms. Dobrott,
      Snake Oil Saleman Don Holbrook, has made the same claims to us in Pahrump, NV. When I questioned the town board and town manager if they checked his past or the statement about 100 projects, it felt on deaf ears. How he is coming back for a second dose of $250,000 for the second half of the proposed project here. As another questionable item, his going bankrupt here in Las Vegas Court the same month August, 2011 as the principles in Texas. Makes you wonder where the common sense of the people we elect to see a scam right in front of them.Another item is they took parts of the Texas study and put it together with the last study to show the town board, here. How stupid does Holbrook think we are.

Love some Bunny! I do!
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Post Thanks / Like

Mr Holbrook cannot continue to feed from the public trough and claim immunity from scrutiny.

He was the one who chose to make himself a public figure.

Public money = public scrutiny

Perhaps the taxpayers of East Montgomery should adopt a new emblem for their county
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Breaking News Alert:

Lennar Homes of Texas Land and Construction Ltd. has won the Earthquest property at auction for $11,850,000. The bank is vigorously objecting to Marlin Atlantis White, which is the same group of people as the bankrupt Whitestone getting $500,000.00 out of the sale. The bank should get every penny of that as they are owed in excess of $19,600,000 dollars. MAW is an insider of the debtor and any money going to them should land right into the hands of the bank!

Bank's Objections.pdf

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The HAIF forum clown in action:
    Mister X

• 741 posts

Posted Today at 09:04AM
    The EarthQuest Institute is a not-for-profit organization, NOWHERE has it ever claimed to be a charity. There is a difference - just like there is a difference between reporting facts and reporting opinion.

The Institute (if it ever gets back on track) will employ people and pay salaries. Don't expect them to ask for soapmoxmom's approval when contracts are negotiated.
    Edited by Mister X, Today at 09:15AM.

Soapboxmom

• 70 posts

Are all nonprofit organizations public charities?
    Public charities represent a substantial portion of the nonprofit sector, but not all nonprofit organizations are public charities. Public charities receive their tax-exemption under subsection (3) of Section 501©. This privileged status allows donors to make tax-deductible contributions to the organization. The IRS defines these organizations as "charitable" because they serve broad public purposes, including educational, religious, scientific, and the literary activities, among others, as well as the relief of poverty and other public benefit actions.

The Earthquest Institute is a 501 © 3, which is a charitable organization. They are under the Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division.
    Mister X

• 741 posts

Posted 30 minutes ago
    I have never seen one thing written by the EarthQuest Institute that said it was anything other than a Not-for-profit.

"Charities and not-for-profit organisations are not the same things."

http://www.hmrc.gov....s/vat/intro.htm

Even still, charities also employ people for their services. Holbrook committed no crime by accepting a job from EQI.
    Edited by Mister X, 21 minutes ago.

...he started it.

#625 Soapboxmom

• 71 posts

The EQI is not in England. What do the British VAT taxes have to do with anything in Texas??? The IRS has received complaints and they or the Texas Attorney General's office will make any determinations about how funds were used.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The HAIF forum clown just got us both banned for 2 weeks for taking the thread off topic. I asked the admins for help. They booted us, so I guess it will have no alternative but to come over here and carry on endlessly about how Don Holbrook should be suing me for having an opinion and posting the current court papers or whatever it is it is melting about. With friends like Mister X who needs enemies, right, Holbrook? I suspect Mister X may also be the charmer that got banned on Scam and had all their posts removed.

Those who still strongly support the project might fare much better credibility wise if they would simply point out false statements of fact and refute them appropriately. The meltdowns are much more harmful to those that they appear to be defending and the project itself. What investor wants to risk money in something getting this type of publicity? It is obvious that those attacking the naysayers (legitimate journalists and investigative bloggers mind you) don't have a shred of evidence or a leg to stand on. HAIF has every right to end discussions going into the crap Mister X was throwing in. I fully agree with and respect their decision. The owner gets the call just as I did when I banned Holbrook's high school friend and Mike Anderson (likely Mister X himself) from the Earthquest Facebook page. That is a fan page for quick updates and a place for folks to get questions answered. Bloddy battles may be entertained here as long as they stay within reason.

Now, the question is will Mister X have the moxie to come on RS and discuss his concerns in an intelligent fashion with facts to back up his points?

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don Holbrook is trying really hard to outdo Lenny Clements in the long winded rant department:

How to Value our Economic Impact as a Professional Economic Developer? « economicdeveloper

I would say that anyone in our industry of economic development is normally not the most beloved person of the media, because we recommend the invest of taxpayers monies in order to create the right atmosphere for these types of outcomes to occur. If they were going to occur naturally I think the outcome would already be well down the road. Thus it takes strategic thinkers, visionary leaders, and supporters that want a better tomorrow to agree on taking some form of calculated risk at the expense of their constituents.
    So, that is what we call living the lifestyle of the rich and famous on the taxpayers' dime. McCrady seriously wined and dined Holbrook while the taxpayers were paying him hundreds of thousands of dollars. Why???

With the advent of bloggers we sure draw in many cases our share of unwarranted abuse by uninformed and sometimes malicious and usually people who had no experience and/or involvement in the actual projects being discussed, they are just arm chair experts, with no experience themselves in being game changers, and adding measurable value to our society.
    Since when did posting public financial records, the words of Don Holbrook and asking questions constitute abuse???

So when people ask me what is your experience and then they down play my expertise, my accomplishments and my impact on my industry and our society of course it is hurtful. But the main reason is there is no single method that has been endorsed and/or recommended by our IEDC organization on how to answer this question.
    But, Holbrook does answer The question with no substantiation.
    The following is my current tally I have been continuously questioned about by the bloggers, general public CAVE people but for some reason not ever have my clients and/or my industry asked me to produce this list.
    His clients aren't asking? Are you sure about that, Holbrook?
    My results have been what some might say quite remarkable and some would say unbelievable, so rather than argue I just kept my statement simple, but impact. I have maintained for the past few years that my economic value to my industry has been approximately “100 projects, 50,000 jobs created and over $1B in economic impact and investment.” So after yet another barrage of naysayers and even an attack on my ethics and conduct related to my work in our industry.....While I feel such malicious and defamatory bloggers will never be capable of accepting the truth or admitting they were wrong in their comments and accusations. Nor will any amount of disclosure or discourse sway them from their conspiracy minded thoughts.
    He made the lofty claims. No one else did it for him.
    Here is my official tally sheet to the best of my knowledge as of this my 52 year of my birth month:

• Total Direct Jobs Created from all Measured Sectors- 37,503-38,153 jobs
    • Total approximate indirect jobs created-150,012- 152,612 jobs
    • Total approx. indirect jobs (using Morgan rule of thumb multiplier)-93,757
    • Pending direct Jobs in process- 4310 (current projects)
    • Estimated In-direct jobs impact- 17,240 (current projects)
    • Pending construction Economic Impact- $613M (current projects)
    • Pending estimated Economic Impact Once closed annually- $155M (current)
    • Pending Estimated One time construction value- $673M (current)
    • Total One-time construction economic impact (completed)- $419.3M
    • Total financing Invested into businesses-$2.3B (completed)
    • Total Annual Economic Impact Cumulative of projects- $5B (completed)
    • Total number of businesses served- 168 (without pro-bono-completed)
    • Total number businesses served cumulative w/pro-bono-1657 (completed)

No I am not going to name all the projects, but I do have a written record of them now thanks to these most recent allegations.
    Wait for it.......
    So in my opinion this case is now officially closed.
    If Don Holbrook was smart he would name the projects!!!!!

His Earthquest debacle (remember he was hired by EMCID to handle the fundraising and secure the financing) has done incalculable damage to Texas. Many families and businesses made decisions based on Earthquest being built. Numerous start dates have been put out there as fact and have come and gone. Thanks to Holbrook and McCrady many have been terribly harmed financially. I assume we can deduct those horrific losses from Holbrook's totals. Perhaps, he will cover the losses incurred by those that took the groundbreaking dates seriously and acted on that information.

What incredible arrogance. This pompous blowhard brags of all these projects and after all the trauma, drama and threats, he declines to name them.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

ac·count·a·ble/əˈkountəbəl/

Adjective:
    1. (of a person, organization, or institution) Required or expected to justify actions or decisions; responsible.
    2. Explicable; understandable.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

ignoring my projects that have won the Governor’s award in Minnesota as the Economic Development Project of the Year, “New Flyer Industries.” The New Flyer project so transformed the Minnesota economy that it created the number one automotive industry in Minnesota and attracted yet another expansion by the company in St. Cloud.
    Holbrook goes on about this in his previous rant and his heated responses on Amazon. He named two downtown revitalization projects on Amazon as well. Bringing in an auto production plant is great. A few restaurants and small businesses to downtown happened in my little hometown and Dallas just the same and without Holbrook or any outlandish expenditures.

The auto plant did not require him to secure 600 million to 1 billion dollars in financing. There folks is the problem. EMCID paid this clown to handle the fundraising and secure the financing in 2007. He obviously has little hope of accomplishing that. And, frankly the extravagant trips, wining and dining of Holbrook and the rest should never have happened until the financing was taken care of. Millions were spent in development costs as well when there was no money lined up for the project. Why???? Will Pahrump and the next bunch of hicks he approaches have to spend hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars before it becomes obvious the project Holbrook is peddling is a pipe dream that will never be more than signs, pretty drawings and models???

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, all. As the founder of EarthQuest concept for theme park and nonprofit conservation institute, and a former journalist, I have many reasons for supporting your and others efforts to bring to the light of day all that has blocked the progress and wasted taxpayer money, and my own, on the project. All that's gone wrong is a huge disappointment to me too, but I hope people will not throw out the healthy baby with the dirty bathwater. A lot of good development work was done on EarthQuest planning it and demonstrating how it's a good investment, even though the public money spent should have produced even more. It's still a viable project, especially now without the deceptive, perhaps criminal, leadership of Marlin/Atlantis. Under new ownership and management, here is still a reasonable chance the project can succeed. If so, I think it will do a great deal of good for Montgomery County in education, entertainment, and revenue.
    Also, I am hopeful that people will truly do their homework and be specific in their allegations. There is some serious wrongdoing here, not to be confused with ineptness or plain old greed. I think it's important to look at the distinctions. Personally, I am not happy with stone-walling going on now by many involved, and EMCID definitely didn't do its proper homework before getting themselves, and me, into bed with Marlin Atlantis. And I think the nonprofit was poorly managed by its board (including me) and not well managed by Holbrook. But I don't see where EMCID or Holbrook for that matter are guilty of any crimes. In fact, much as he might self-promote, Holbrook actually did his job quite well for the for-profit theme park, which was to interest EMCID in the project and get state benefits for the project. One could certainly take exception to the style or the expenses involved in all paid people's work on this project, but I do want to make clear the distinction between EMCID and Holbrook's conduct, and that of the developers which may have been outright illegal if they misrepresented their ownership of the land.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don Lessem View Post
    Hey, all. As the founder of EarthQuest concept for theme park and nonprofit conservation institute, and a former journalist, I have many reasons for supporting your and others efforts to bring to the light of day all that has blocked the progress and wasted taxpayer money, and my own, on the project. All that's gone wrong is a huge disappointment to me too, but I hope people will not throw out the healthy baby with the dirty bathwater. A lot of good development work was done on EarthQuest planning it and demonstrating how it's a good investment, even though the public money spent should have produced even more. It's still a viable project, especially now without the deceptive, perhaps criminal, leadership of Marlin/Atlantis. Under new ownership and management, here is still a reasonable chance the project can succeed. If so, I think it will do a great deal of good for Montgomery County in education, entertainment, and revenue.
    Also, I am hopeful that people will truly do their homework and be specific in their allegations. There is some serious wrongdoing here, not to be confused with ineptness or plain old greed. I think it's important to look at the distinctions. Personally, I am not happy with stone-walling going on now by many involved, and EMCID definitely didn't do its proper homework before getting themselves, and me, into bed with Marlin Atlantis. And I think the nonprofit was poorly managed by its board (including me) and not well managed by Holbrook. But I don't see where EMCID or Holbrook for that matter are guilty of any crimes. In fact, much as he might self-promote, Holbrook actually did his job quite well for the for-profit theme park, which was to interest EMCID in the project and get state benefits for the project. One could certainly take exception to the style or the expenses involved in all paid people's work on this project, but I do want to make clear the distinction between EMCID and Holbrook's conduct, and that of the developers which may have been outright illegal if they misrepresented their ownership of the land.
    A big hearty Texas Welcome! We are very honored you took the time to share with us here on RS.
    "His profession is about professional bullshitting," Lessem says.
    This was the cutest comment in the Houston Press article. It nicely illustrates some of the issues I have with Holbrook as this thread shows.

Getting rid of John Marlin, Trey White and their gang is a huge step in the right direction. They had the Earthquest property up for sale in 2006 I believe and it appears it may have been up for grabs the whole time the project was being planned for that specific property. I, of course, had a field day questioning why Marlin Atlantis White didn't just buy the property outright and fund the project since Trey White was in MLMers' videos and promotions (sometimes hamming it up for the cameras) being introduced as a multi-billionaire.

I am so looking forward to updates about the project. I thank you again for taking the time to set the facts straight!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Comments from the Houson Press article:
    Donlessem

As the creator EarthQuest sustainability theme park, and the knucklehead whose misadventures start off this very-well written piece on the many problems afflicting the park, I did want to make clear the distinction between those project-stalling actions that were numb-skulled or self-serving, and those that may have been criminal.
    There's been way too much blustering and stone-walling going on from the project principals and employees, which doesn't help clarify matters. But in short, some of us were simply misguided and have nothing to show for it - I'd include myself and science advisor Dr. Matt Gardner among those. Many others made a lot of money and delivered nothing. East Montgomery County's development organization spent a lot of taxpayer money without doing proper homework on the project team. Don Holbrook, the economic developer whose record is questioned here, made a good deal of money and is owed more, but actually did his job of getting the government interested in supporting the project very well. So by the standards of that profession, he is entitled to what he earned.
    The rest of us, taxpayers and myself included, are still hoping this all pans out.
    But the developers, Marlin/Atlantis may have criminally misrepresented their ownership of the land, and misappropriated bond funds from County citizens. I'm hoping that continued investigative sleuthing and perhaps government investigation will bring answers to what became of that money.
    Meanwhile, oddly enough, the EarthQuest project is in a better place than it ever was. The company purchasing the land from Marlin/Atlantis is apparently open to supporting the project and the concept developers at Contour Entertainment are honestly trying to broker a funding deal from investors internationally. I wish them luck and I wish some good news for us all.

Don Holbrook 1 hour ago
    Thanks Dino Don for attempting to set the record straight. Those of us that were hired under contracts based on our performance to achieve objectives stated in our contracts by our clients have been wrongfully accused and defamed based on innuendo, rumors, bloggers and slanted media. I doubt no matter what facts are given they would properly report or blog the facts correctly. With regard to the Fantasyland article, I actually gave the reporter facts, and he chose to deflect them and not base the article on factual evidence. He chose to purposefully mislead the general public in order to sensationalize his own fictional conspiracy theory. I have chosen not to respond to these folks because of their inability to be factual, fair and impartial in their alleged investigative stories. Soapbox is just a housewife with too much time on her hands and a delusional vision of her own misguided contribution to society in my opinion. My experience is you can't reason or debate with people that are so self absorbed they can't tell fact from fiction. I do appreciate your valiant effort to set the record straight. I also agree the project, thanks to EMCID's strategic intervention is now in the best position ever to bring this project to fruition. Nothing of this scale and magnitude comes without criticism, but when it opens all this will be washed away like a sandcastle on the beach of time.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
    Lessem and Dr. Gardner were always the science guys. Lessem is not a knucklehead at all. Openly and honestly discussing things is a brilliant strategy. I spoke to Dr. Gardner and he was sincerely very discouraged that the Institute was shelved for now. He really believes in it and fully supports it being brought back to life. I in no way fault them for the confusion and apparent breakdown of the project. I would never have expected them to participate in the business end of things.

The business end of things is where I would expect to see Holbrook as the one leading the charge. No one would expect anyone to work for free if they needed to make a living, but Holbrook paying himself $185 an hour (derived from the 2009 compensation) from a charity that in essence was bankrupt from the get go according to my calculations and those of mainstream press articles suggest very poor judgment on his part. That charity paid Holbrook $328,000 I believe and paid a Marlin Atlantis flunky a sum nearly that large when only 2 fundraisers were hosted and no charitable activities save for a little computer game project by Dr. Gardner ever took place. Another $600,000.00 went to professional services. With Lessem and Gardner on board the creative end would have been incredible, but there was way too much money going out the door to ever get the thing on its feet. I do not agree with Holbrook paying himself such generous amounts. Holbrook is extremely foolish to withhold documents that are required by law to be available. Hiding things just leads to more embarrassing questions and the involvement of enforcement agencies.

I would be much more in favor of the high pay for Holbrook if he had come in with some investors lined up before this went so far. He was contracted to do the fundraising in 2007 according to the Houston news. It seems we may have put the cart a bit before the horse. Without a good indication of the funding being attainable I can't see how we ended up spending this much money. The extravagant spending is especially disturbing when the local charities in Texas are struggling to help the homeless and hungry. The lifestyle of the rich and famous bit is an insult to those in the area that are truly in need. Why should they see their tax dollars used to take Holbrook to Chez Nous and the sports arena???

As I noted previously, the Earthquest land seems to have been for sale in 2006 and possibly thereafter. The bond expenditures are up on the EMCID site and those do need to be researched and explained. Accountability is a good thing.

I am not sure how getting funding in the post Madoff era will go. There is a new and I think good amount of caution. Having watched Six Flags struggle for years here in Dallas it is obvious this needs to be very well thought through. They have been in the business for years and faced a lot of challenges. I can also say having grown up in the construction industry, costing out jobs way under what will actually have to be spent is easy to do and happens more than folks might think. It would not be out of line to be thinking in terms of having closer to 1 billion available before the first shovel of dirt. The Disney parks show us that valuable lesson.

Holbrook might want to consider publishing the contracts he is braying about. Again, we are to take his word without a shred of documentation. We haven't seen and don't know the terms of his contracts and he is refusing to release the charity papers. He won't name his 100s of projects. If he is in the right he should not have any issue with everything being made public. Transparency is the hallmark of an honest person with nothing to hide. So, Holbrook, you can keep attacking me personally or just release the documents and prove me wrong!!!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Holbrook is viciously attacking me hoping to threaten me into silence.

http://www.realscam.com/f11/iedc-int...html#post19787

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This dishonest realtor is advertising land around the new park. What new park? Years later there is no park. The financing isn't even in place!

EARTHQUEST ~ A NEW DESTINATION PARK FOR MONTGOMERY COUNTY, TEXAS

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here is a sobering history of Six Flags. DId Holbrrok look seriously into these issues? I am not surprised no investors have stepped up.

SIX FLAGS TIMELINE

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love some Bunny! I do!

• Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast