Thanks Thanks:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: EarthQuest Park / Don Holbrook / Contour Entertainment / Frank McCrady of EMCID

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: EarthQuest Park / Don Holbrook / Contour Entertainment / Frank McCrady of EMCID

Entity Information: EAST MONTGOMERY COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPOR
    3700 BUFFALO SPEEDWAY STE 830
    HOUSTON, TX 77098-3709
    Registered Agent: DAVID MARKS
    2001 KIRBY DRIVE, STE. 1111
    HOUSTON, TX 77019
    Registered Agent Resignation Date:
    State of Formation: TX
    File Number: 0800435361
    SOS Registration Date: January 4, 2005
    Taxpayer Number: 12021281691

DIRECTOR ISIDOR YBARRA JR
    P.O. BOX 242
    PORTER , TX 77365
    DIRECTOR LEON CUBILLAS
    P.O. BOX 168
    SPLENDORA , TX 77372
    DIRECTOR LEONARD W. ROGERS
    25661 HILL AND DALE AVE.
    SPLENDORA , TX 77372
    DIRECTOR PHILIPPE CRAS
    23320 HWY 59 NORTH
    KINGWOOD , TX 77339
    DIRECTOR VICKIE THUMANN
    20746 BUCK KNOLL RD.
    SPLENDORA , TX 77372
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: EarthQuest Park / Don Holbrook / Contour Entertainment / Frank McCrady of EMCID

The EMC Economic Development Corp is a 501 (c) 3 and the 990s were less than illuminating.
    Nonprofit Report for EAST MONTGOMERY COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION

The Chamber of Commerce which has been featuring the Earthquest park on its website is not in good standing with the state and has not posted an update about the bankruptcy debacle in progress.

Entity Information: EAST MONTGOMERY COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
    PO BOX 967
    NEW CANEY, TX 77357-0967
    Registered Agent: VERNON L HANKINS
    1314 PROFESSIONAL CENTER 1000 FM 13
    PORTER, TX 77365
    Registered Agent Resignation Date:
    State of Formation: TX
    File Number: 0056104101
    SOS Registration Date: May 7, 1981
    Taxpayer Number: 30005712986
    __________________________________________________ ______________

They probably have members that will
    be burned in this deal.

Soapboxmom
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

An excellent response to my post on the Dino Discussion board:
    New Caney Dino Park Discussion & Rumors

COMMENTS

Comment by: vessmech on Jan. 17th, 2012 - 11:56am
    As we who live in this area knew all along - this was a scam perpetrated by EMCID and marketed by Frank (pay raise and bonus) McCrady. Dino park, baseball park - all lost money to the taxpayers. Commissioner Ed Rhinehardt stated 4 years ago "that if this dinosaur park falls through there will be a lot of people with egg on their face". Cluck...cluck

Yes - EMCID is to blame for this. They are so desperate to develop the area, they either didn't due their due diligence on the Earthquest developers or chose to look the other way - either is worthy of a complete clearing of the EMCID board.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I challenged beanhead Troy Dooley on this issue as well. He is strong supporter of fake multi-billionaire fraud, Trey White:
    Breaking MLM News: Evolv Founder Trey White Comes Clean On Critics Concerns of Past Business Deals | MLM Help Desk

• Soapboxmom January 16, 2012 at 11:35 pm #

For the love of mud Troy. Zero water (read the label) and a fake multi-billionaire. How is anyone going to conclude that is a winning combination?
      Trey White actively participated in videos where he was introduced as a multi-billionaire by someone hawking the zero water. Trey grinned and put on a show for the camera knowing that video linked below would be posted and used for promotion. Disgusting!
      http://www.realscam.com/f9/trey-whit....html#post3459
      Trey White brags of the EarthQuest Adventures park to be built for $500,000.00 when he and John Marlin have run that into the ground and the taxpayers of Texas are out millions of dollars. The LLC owning the property is bankrupt and that deal is headed straight down the commode.
      http://www.realscam.com/f11/trey-whi...on-lessem-654/
      Of course, why read the entire threads and let the truth and facts ruin your trip into fantasy land, right Troy???
      Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Love some Bunny! I do!
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    I challenged beanhead Troy Dooley on this issue as well. He is strong supporter of fake multi-billionaire fraud, Trey White:
    Breaking MLM News: Evolv Founder Trey White Comes Clean On Critics Concerns of Past Business Deals | MLM Help Desk

Dear SoapBoxMom,

You will have to forgive me, but I am not sure what you are getting at when it comes to the October 4th, 2010 article you tagged above. I must have missed the challenge, because it is not in the comment or linkback.

Although, I like Trey, and his team, I am not sure "strong supporter" would work for Trey White. Had you said "Dooly is a strong supporter of Garrett & Sylvia McGrath, James Christiansen, or Camron Corr" it would be the truth. Or if you had said "Dooly is a strong supporter of the the Evolv field leadership and average representative" it would be true.

From reading a few of your posts it seems you have a bone to pick with Trey and some of the former and maybe current members of Evolv. However, I was direct on making it clear Trey is not a Billionaire and that Evolv had corrected the issue back in 2010! Since that time at least one of the teams promoting the "billionaire" comment have left and are now over-hyping their new business.

As for the business dealings outside of Evolv, those are not in my area of focus, and I have not done any new articles in those areas. If you can produce documents showing there was some form of fraud that has taken place and the tax payers are been harmed I will gladly post it. However, if in the course of business the project failed, then it is sad, because it did look as if it would have produced thousands of jobs for Texas, and millions in tourist dollars.

Since Evolv is no longer "Just" a water company, it might be good to broaden your scope of frustration to cover all their products, not just water.

Again, I am not sure what the challenge is you are referring, but if you take a few seconds and explain, I will do my best to live up to whatever challenge you put forth.

Living An Epic Adventure,

Troy Dooly

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

New Caney Dino Park Discussion & Rumors

COMMENTS

Comment by: Moron, a.k.a. the real Walt Disney, a.k.a. Realist, and others on Jan. 17th, 2012 - 3:41pm
    Soapboxmom,

I first must address your tenacity and diligence. Your efforts have not gone unnoticed, at least be me.

I read thru some of your blog post on the aforementioned;

http://www.realscam.com/f11/trey-white-fake-multi-bi

What more could someone ask in the way of research…..and now my head hurts.. Thank You very much.

I hope and pray you never focus your attention my way.

While Tray “Fake Billionaire” White, and Marlin “the man from” Atlantis have played a role in this debacle, I am sure there are those on the illustrious board of directors at EMCID that lined their pockets as well …

Can any say kick-backs.

I think Contour could pick up the pieces… Sadly, in my opinion, they wont.

They have never funded a project of this size, and I believe there in lies the rub.

Why would they fund this project in this economy. While they have worked on large amusement and themed park attractions, being sponsored by HP or an oil sheik, this is an entirely different effort.

Maybe 6 or 7 years ago when the economic outlook was better it might have made for a better gamble.

Houston’s inability to keep Astroworld afloat has to play into the mindset here. Allowing that park to vanish should tell investors something… OK, there were problems associated with Astroworld i.e., parking lot locations and age. Nevertheless the powers that be decided a relocation was not even worth the effort…WHY??

To let some other group build and reap the rewards of a new park just a few miles away.

People from San Antonio and Dallas may come initially to see something NEW but as soon as the new wears off they will stay at home and visit their own park. So what would be left, is the eastern parts of Texas and the adjoining States, Arkansas and Louisiana.
    I will add at this point those areas are not economic strongholds and I bet the residents in these areas have a better mind, to provide food and shelter in tough economic times than visit an amusement park.

Of course this is only my opinion.. So please don’t turn your fiery web fingers in my direction.
    Excellent points my man! Contour did some really great looking plans for this deal. The question is do they own the rights to them or do Trey White, John Marlin and company own the intellectual property rights through one of their numerous other LLCs associated with the Dino Disaster?

If fake multi-billionaire / tycoon Trey White couldn't scrounge up the funding, then no doubt it will be challenging for Contour. Even though the park is a fabulous concept all this trauma and drama around it will likely leave a bad taste in the mouths of potential investors.

I think where the money has gone should be addressed. Frank ( bonus ) McCrady has given me personally and everyone else the runaround on this. I will start making open records requests. I called Contour to inquire about whether they owned the rights to their ideas and was told to call back tomorrow when someone who could address that would be available. Where is the news media???

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

So now we have a very clear example of why the good Mr Dooly is simultaneously a darling of the MLM crowd, a perfect example of what is wrong with MLM and why any/all credibility he may have once had is damaged beyond repair, EXCEPT among the aforementioned MLM crowd.

Semantics

Do a quick Google on "Trey White billionaire" and you'll quickly see:

* a great many of the early mentions of Whites' "billionaire" status came from within Evolv and/or its' distributors
    * subsequent "disclaimers" have done nothing to eliminate the story. New recruits are STILL being fed the B/S.
    * IF the so called false rumour HAD/HAD NOT been circulated intentionally, what would be different today ???

The fact "Evolv" has evolved is a convenient way of ignoring the facts surrounding the Evolv issued B/S surrounding the water in the first place.

The fact the fraudsters have "moved on" does NOT remove the reality the so called miracle water didn't, couldn't, wasn't, isn't and never was what Evolv claimed at the time and continues to claim.

The fact Mr Whites' official and unofficial PR machine has moved into full overdrive WRT the Dino Park fiasco does NOT obviate the realities of what transpired.

It happened totally according to the (utterly predictable and predicted) script.
    Spin doctoring the outcome in Mr White and Associates favour after the event was also always predictable.

That's why spin doctors spend 4 or 5 years at University. It's certainly not learning better ways of telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Unfortunately both Mr White and Mr Dooly appear to belong to that rapidly developing substrata of society whose spiritual hero is Gordon Gekko and to whom "Greed is good" is a way of life.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

11-42400 Whitestone Houston Land, Ltd.
    Case type: bk Chapter: 11 Asset: Yes Vol: v Chief Judge: Brenda T. Rhoades
    Date filed: 08/01/2011 Date of last filing: 01/17/2012

History

Doc.
    No.
    Dates Description
    Filed & Entered: 08/01/2011
    Autodocket of Credit Card
    Filed & Entered: 08/01/2011
    Voluntary Petition (Chapter 11)
    Filed & Entered: 08/02/2011
    Meeting of Creditors Chapter 11 & 12 (Non-Individual)
    Filed & Entered: 08/03/2011
    Declaration for Electronic Filing
    Filed & Entered: 08/04/2011
    Notice of Appearance
    Filed: 08/04/2011
    Entered: 08/05/2011
    BNC Certificate of Mailing - Notice of Meeting of Creditors
    Filed & Entered: 08/10/2011
    Notice of Appearance
    Filed & Entered: 08/15/2011
    Schedules(ORIGINAL)
    Statement of Financial Affairs
    20 Largest Unsecured Creditors
    Filed & Entered: 08/30/2011
    Terminated: 09/19/2011
    Application to Employ
    Filed & Entered: 08/31/2011
    Declaration for Electronic Filing
    Filed & Entered: 09/07/2011
    Meeting of Creditors Held & Concluded (Without PDF)
    Filed & Entered: 09/19/2011
    Order on Application to Employ
    Filed & Entered: 09/21/2011
    Certificate of Mailing

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Filed & Entered: 09/26/2011
    Operating Report
    Filed & Entered: 10/18/2011
    Notice of Appearance
    Filed & Entered: 10/20/2011
    Operating Report
    Filed & Entered: 10/28/2011
    Chapter 11 Plan
    Terminated: 12/20/2011
    Disclosure Statement
    Order and Notice of Hearing
    Filed & Entered: 11/22/2011
    Autodocket of Credit Card
    Filed & Entered: 11/22/2011
    Motion for Relief From Automatic Stay
    Filed & Entered: 12/02/2011
    Objection
    Filed & Entered: 12/05/2011
    Hearing Set (With Form)
    Objection to Disclosure Statement
    Operating Report
    Filed & Entered: 12/07/2011
    Exhibit and/or Witness List
    Filed & Entered: 12/07/2011
    Filed: 12/07/2011
    Entered: 12/08/2011
    Certificate of Mailing

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Filed & Entered: 12/11/2011
    Amended Disclosure Statement
    Filed & Entered: 12/12/2011
    Hearing Held
    Filed & Entered: 12/12/2011
    Chapter 11 Confirmation Hearing
    Filed & Entered: 12/16/2011
    POrder Note
    Terminated: 12/16/2011
    Notice of Hearing
    Notice of Hearing
    Filed & Entered: 12/20/2011
    Order Approving Disclosure Statement
    Filed & Entered: 12/22/2011
    Operating Report
    Filed: 12/22/2011
    Entered: 12/23/2011
    Certificate of Mailing
    Filed & Entered: 12/27/2011
    Certificate of Service
    Filed & Entered: 12/29/2011
    Motion (Generic )
    Filed & Entered: 01/13/2012
    Objection to Confirmation of Plan (Chapter 11)
    Filed & Entered: 01/17/2012

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I spoke to Dino Don Lessem last year and Marlin Atlantis / Trey White / John Marlin did not fulfill their obligations to him. He is one of many victims of this dino disaster. I also recently spoke to Contour and they are working hard to get funding.

EMCID may lose millions unless dino-project built - Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - Copyright 2007 Ourtribune.com

EMCID may lose millions unless dino-project built
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012
    Cynthia Calvert
    Marlin-Atlantis ousted as developer of EarthQuest

Marlin-Atlantis, the Dallas-based real estate developer of Whitestone and the related EarthQuest theme park, is no longer associated with the project.

Frank McCrady, president and CEO of the East Montgomery County Improvement District, (“EMCID”), said Marlin-Atlantis is not associated with the dinosaur theme park any longer and, in fact, said that Marlin-Atlantis has no legal liability to repay the millions of dollars EMCID has given them until and unless the park project is opened.

The Marlin-Atlantis company which purchased the land several years ago, Whitestone Houston Land Ltd., filed for bankruptcy last summer.

McCrady said that a new developer, Contour Entertainment of Los Angeles, has assumed the financial responsibilities for the bankrupt project.

“Marlin-Atlantis is no longer capable of delivering the theme park project. They have an obligation for repayment once the project occurs. That obligation has been assumed by our existing developer, Contour Entertainment. Our approach has been for the bond repayment to be project specific and not developer specific. Developers come and go, however the project remains viable and is moving forward as we speak.”

Chris Brown, president of Contour Entertainment offered a somewhat different answer as to his firm’s involvement.

"That is not how I would characterize it,” Brown said. “Actually, we have an agreement in place with an option on the intellectual property licensing agreements with EMCID. We are working to raise the money, $500 million. That is a lot of money. However, we have not raised it yet. That is something we are working on.”

Brown said Contour was not looking to EMCID for money. “We have not received any funds from EMCID. They have already written a lot of checks [to the previous developers].” Brown said Contour expected to get financial assistance from EMCID once the park is built.

“EMCID has a partnership role with us and through their backing and support, we have achieved legislative changes that will support the project once it is built, once it is operating. But not in the current development phase. Raising this kind of money in this economy is entirely different for us and a big challenge.”

Brown said the impending bankruptcy and possible foreclosure on the original property was not a concern to Contour as they had built land costs into their business plan. If the original site becomes unavailable, Contour has chosen several other nearby alternative sites.

“We are interested in that property, but we have also looked at other sites. Our preference is that particular piece of land but it doesn't have to be. The project is not dependent exclusively on that,” Brown said.

McCrady remains emphatic that the project will be built and that EMCID will recoup the $9-$13 million already invested with the previous developer. The project must be built for EMCID to recapture the money, unless another form of retail development occurs.

“Our incentives are what makes the project viable. Any developer wanting access to these incentives would have to come to EMCID and negotiate to receive these and in that negotiation, we would require them to repay the outstanding bonds in order to receive our incentives,” McCrady said.

Notwithstanding McCrady’s confidence, the threat of the park not getting built was voiced almost two-and-one-half years ago by John Howell, bond counsel to EMCID. In a board meeting on August 24, 2009, Howell expressed his concern to the EMCID board about the possibility of the theme park not being constructed. Howell advised the board that they should make efforts “to protect the [Improvement] District in the event no park is developed.”

He advised the EMCID board that the [Improvement] District “should request an interest in the land with a preferred return on land sales.” McCrady answered that the developer (Marlin-Atlantis) would not agree to that option. The board then directed McCrady to discuss other possible options with the developer to protect the interests of the Improvement Zone in the event no park is ever built. What, if any, actions were taken by McCrady to protect the interests of the Improvement Zone are not mentioned in the board minutes.

As if the possibility of the park not getting built isn’t serious enough by itself, the bank holding the lien on the property has filed a motion with the bankruptcy court to allow it to foreclose its lien.

On January 16, 2012, according to Research Bankruptcy Records Online | TrollerBk.com, Bank Midwest, N.A., successor in interest to Hillcrest Bank, N.A. (Whitestone’s lender), filed a motion of objection with the bankruptcy court in response to Whitestone’s plan of reorganization. The objection motion is quite lengthy and can be read in its entirety at the end of this article.

The purpose of the motion is for Whitestone’s lender to be granted permission by the bankruptcy court to proceed with a foreclosure on all of the properties that Whitestone owns, including the Dino-Park land.

This motion paints a far different picture of the status of the EarthQuest project than what has been commonly portrayed by various interested parties and some publications. Excerpts from the lender’s motion include the following quotations which are in response to Whitestone’s plan of reorganization (the “Plan”):

“On or about July 31, 2007, Hillcrest Bank, N.A., loaned Whitestone up to $19.6 million for the acquisition of real property in New Caney, Texas. The initial maturity date of the note was January 1, 2009 . . . but was extended to November 1, 2010 . . . at which time Whitestone defaulted in its obligations . . . and was subsequently declared in default on November 19, 2010. . . The indebtedness remains unpaid . . . in the [current] amount of $21,377,520.24.”

“The Plan ‘envisions a new third-party debt facility’ and [that] the Plan will be implemented through ‘the revenue from Whitestone’s future business operations and an equity investment put in by the ‘New Capital Partner.’ The alleged New Capital Partner is not identified, disclosed or supported. Whitestone’s future business operations and ‘development’ are not explained or supported. In addition, there is no support for the Plan’s feasibility because . . . the Plan is not feasible.

“Whitestone has no equity in the property . . . Whitestone has no history . . . [and] is a start-up venture . . . Considering Whitestone’s prior inadequate performance in regards to developing the property . . . the current state of the new home market . . . and the speculative nature of an amusement park . . . the Plan is not feasible.”

The objection motion goes on to state that, although Whitestone contends that the property is worth $27.4 million, the lender has certified appraisals stating that the property’s current value is only $9.88 million.

The bankruptcy court has not yet ruled on the lender’s motion of objection. If the court does rule in Hillcrest’s favor, then it is expected the lender will foreclose its lien on the property, take ownership of the land and subsequently place the land on the market for re-sale. The act of foreclosure will terminate the interests of all prior owner(s) and any other interested parties.

If the property is foreclosed, the feasibility of the EarthQuest project going forward is, at best, questionable. More importantly, once the foreclosure occurs, it is doubtful Whitestone’s lender will have an interest in reinvesting in another speculative venture. The most likely scenario is that the lender’s focus will be to sell the property in order to recover its loan proceeds.

Although many have been surprised at the seemingly current problems of the EarthQuest project, it appears the EMCID board has been in damage control mode for almost a year. Based on comments recorded in the EMCID board minutes, warning signs about the project apparently surfaced as early as mid-2009.

Examples of these concerns, listed by board meeting dates, are as follows:

August 24, 2009

The first of two major restructures of the contractual arrangement between the developer (Marlin-Atlantis) and EMCID is proposed. The developer requested: (i) forgiveness of its obligation to repay several million dollars of bond proceeds previously given to the developer by EMCID; (ii) forgiveness of its obligation to repay $1.5 million in bond proceeds utilized for the benefit of ESD # 7; (iii) a request for EMCID, rather than the developer, to pay a ‘site locater’ fee of @ $3 million; along with other concessions.

According to the minutes, the EMCID counter-proposed that a $1 parking tax would be levied on all future park visitors to: (i) repay the millions of dollars of bond indebtedness owed by the developer (as requested); (ii) utilize the same parking levy to payoff the $1.5 million bond indebtedness related to ESD #7 (as requested) (iii) ask the developer to donate to EMCID the planned site of the future EarthQuest Institute; and other considerations.

The Tribune does not have a copy of the final restructured agreement therefore, the final terms are unknown. Furthermore, what, if any, additional assurances McCrady was able to achieve with the developer is unknown.

November 9, 2010

The EMCID board learns that the project is not going to happen as planned. A second major restructure of the project is proposed. John Marlin, president of Marlin-Atlantis, informed the EMCID board that a $500 million “greenfield” project like EarthQuest was not feasible in the current market. Consequently, the project would have to be “phased” to reduce development and construction costs. The phasing of the project proposed that the theme park would be constructed first, followed by subsequent phases for related amenities.

February 1, 2011

In the meeting, McCrady states that the [Improvement] District is “a little behind on revenue projects . . .” The board then discussed areas where the budget could be reduced if the revenues did not match the budget. Director Linda Floyd “recommended that the travel by the EarthQuest consultants “be restricted or eliminated.”

There is no mention of why Floyd was so concerned about the traveling expenses of the EarthQuest consultants. But from financial records obtained by The Tribune it is obvious that EMCID has paid for extensive travel and other accommodations for the EarthQuest consultants.

March 10, 2011

EMCID director Floyd again appears concerned about money. She questioned a wire transfer of funds to EarthQuest Institute. Floyd is on the record as saying, “It was her understanding that such funding had ended.” She further asked the board “to recall the EarthQuest Institute wire.” The amount of this wire transfer was not referenced in the minutes and is unknown. What is clear is that Floyd’s concern about the wire transfer to EarthQuest reflected a growing concern on the part of some of the EMCID board members.

June 16, 2011

Chris Brown, president of Contour Entertainment, informed the EMCID board that his company was “assuming” the position of Marlin-Atlantis as developer for the EarthQuest project. In light of the complex contractual agreements that exist between EMCID and various Marlin-Atlantis entities, it is unknown if this is a formal assumption of the developer’s role or a temporary measure until a more permanent solution is determined.

November 10, 2011

The EMCID board approved an assignment and release with “Dino” Don Lessem. Reportedly renowned worldwide for his expertise in paleontology, Lessem was the brainchild, founder and director of the EarthQuest Institute. Lessem received thousands of dollars consulting on the project for several years and his extensive travel and entertainment expenses were paid by EMCID. The circumstances of Lessem’s departure were not disclosed in the minutes. What effect his leaving will have on the project is unknown. The EarthQuest Institute was a tax-exempt entity which held several fund raisers to raise money for the museum facilities. The status of those funds is unknown.

December 8, 2011

The EMCID board approved the expenditure of $25,000 to renew the Whitestone [sanitary sewer] waste discharge permit to Caney Creek. Reportedly, the permit will be assigned to EMCID. It appears that EMCID is trying to preserve the early (and limited) development work that Marlin- Atlantis performed on the Whitestone property when it was originally planned as only a residential community. This specific permit most likely was the Caney Creek Plant Permit No. WQ0014559001, which was originally issued in April of 2005. There is a companion waste permit that will also soon need to be renewed, if that has not already been done. That will be for the Peach Creek Plant Permit No. WQ0014559001, which was also first issued in April of 2005.

With Marlin-Atlantis having left the project, these type of real estate expenses will be regular occurrences as EMCID tries to preserve whatever interests it can in the EarthQuest property.

Chris Brown of Contour emphasized this. “EMCID is trying to do what it can to protect the investment it has made in the project,” he said.

Questions Remain

This complex and convoluted situation, the seriousness of which has been further magnified by the potential foreclosure of the EarthQuest property, has prompted valid inquiries by this newspaper and the public to the EMCID board.

How much money has EMCID funded to the various entities involved in the proposed EarthQuest / Dino-Park venture?

The Tribune previously asked both EMCID attorney David Marks and McCrady this specific question. Marks said he did not know but “Frank should.” McCrady responded that EMCID has funded “about” $9 million “for expenses to date.” (Note: The original Tribune article reported an amount of $7.8 million). However, in a Houston Chronicle-This Week article dated August 26, 2009, Connie Bloodworth, a board member of EMCID, then stated that EMCID had a potential exposure to the project of $13 million. “Director Connie Bloodworth said the requested changes will add up to a net initial incentive cost to the district of some $13 million. 'Right now we're putting ourselves and the community on the line,” said Bloodworth. “He's (Marlin) got his neck on the line, but we do too.'”

Why did the EMCID board not inform the public that the entity owning the land for the proposed EarthQuest property filed for bankruptcy protection more than five months ago on August 1, 2011?

Why did the EMCID board not inform the public about Marlin-Atlantis leaving the project?

Why did the EMCID board ignore the advice of its own bond counsel to seek additional security in order to protect its multi-million dollar investment in Marlin-Atlantis and the EarthQuest project.

How much money has EMCID expended for travel, accommodations, food, gifts, etc. for the various EarthQuest personnel and consultants?

Based on financial records in the possession of The Tribune it appears to be extensive. A review of those expenses is underway and will be reported on in a future article.
    The article goes on to link the bankruptcy pages I have linked above.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Growing governments: How 'special districts' spread across Texas with limited oversight and accountability -- but with plenty of power to tax | Texas Watchdog

The lack of accountability has led multiple sources, including the
    Handbook of Texas Online, to refer to the special districts as the state’s “invisible governments.”

The small districts “are subject to little or no supervision by the state, leading to administrative, personnel, and financial practices that are inefficient and sometimes ethically and morally questionable,” the LBJ School group’s paper continued.

Though the money may be coming in, information doesn't always go out. Of 3,000-plus special districts in the state, less than 10 have been tapped for the state comptroller’s transparency “leadership circle,” reflecting that they meet certain standards for publishing financial and other information about themselves on the Internet.

Comments:
    Cruiser 1144

Thursday, 02/17/2011 - 01:11PM
    Mr. John Otto a house representative for District 18 needs to be reminded that a tax is a tax is a tax. He seems to think that the voters in a small portion of Dist 18 in East Montgomery County don't mind if he is in bed with the improvement district. Mr. Otto you are a RHINO. Shame on you for HB-737 and your special gate tax for East Montgomery County.

EMCID spent 9 million in bond money that was to have been recouped when Marlin Atlantis (numerous entities lumped together) completed the EarthQuest Park. Cynthia Calvert, a local journalist is now digging through financial records. Those financial records should have been available on the internet from day 1!

Cynthia Calvert wrote:
    Director Linda Floyd “recommended that the travel by the EarthQuest consultants “be restricted or eliminated.”

There is no mention of why Floyd was so concerned about the traveling expenses of the EarthQuest consultants. But from financial records obtained by The Tribune it is obvious that EMCID has paid for extensive travel and other accommodations for the EarthQuest consultants.
    The taxpayers had an absolute right to know where that bond money was going. It is time to oust the board members who were not on top of this and Frank McCrady absolutely should be shown the door. He is being paid $97,000.00 salary, plus a $50,000.00 bonus plus it appears a $1050.00 car allowance. Compare the average family in Texas:

FIPS* Name 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 Median Household
    Income (2010)
    % of State Median
    HH Income
    1 48000 Texas 6.7 6.0 5.4 4.9 4.4 4.9 7.6 8.2 $48,622 100.0%

Let's have that accountability!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Earth...e/224584770416

I would like to know why EarthQuest Institute's Facebook page has been turned into Don Holbrook's personal advertising and money making page. I think complaints to the IRS are definitely in order. This 501 (c) 3 has paid people $140,000 a year for working 15-20 hours a week yet there has been nothing done except a few fundraisers. How much has been donated and where has all that money gone? There has been no IRS form 990 turned in since 2009.

IRS Complaint Process - Tax-Exempt Organizations

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hillcrest Bank, N.A.'s Motion for Relief from the Automatic Stay Against the New Caney Property.pdf

The Bank's Motion has resulted in an agreed order:

Agreed Order Conditioning Automatic Stay.pdf

Basically, it boils down to Whitestone must have an executed letter of intent for purchase of the property for the minimum amount of $10,000.00 by March 5 or the court has specified the stay will automatically lift and the bank can dispose of the property as it wishes. The bank knows it is going to take a blood bath either way. Their appraiser valued the EarthQuest property at $9,880,000.00 if I remember correctly while what is owed the bank totals around $21,000,000.00. There are several more deadlines that follow and set up proper bidding procedures etc. What Contour is willing or able to pay is not known at this time.

The Motion by Whitestone to assign certain permits to EMCID was so ordered by the judge:

Debtor's Motion To Assign Certain Permits to the East Montgomery County Improvement District.pdf

Order Granting Debtor's Motion To Assign Certain Permits to the East Montgomery County Improveme.pdf

For those who have a fascination with zeroes, a monthly operating report for Whitestone is also filed:

Whitestone Cash Basis.pdf

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

An awesome and well researched update from Cynthia Calvert which includes excerpts from the court docs I posted! Kudos to Ms. Calvert!!!

Court gives EarthQuest developer time to raise money, save project - Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - Copyright 2007 Ourtribune.com

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The EarthQuest Institute page seems to have turned into the Don Holbrook advertising venue as I noted earlier. I bet he was behind these totally misleading updates. The EMCID board is either corrupt or a bunch of totally clueless country bumpkins. Nice to know Holbrook was being paid $144,893.00 by the EarthQuest Insitute in 2009 for working 15 hours a week doing I suspect little more than promoting himself!
    • EarthQuest Institute The Park is still moving forward now that the financial markets have begun to flow our investment banking team is seeing great intrrest on the financing for the project. The average theme park project takes between 8-14 years from concept to opening, so we are ahead of the curve.June 12, 2011 at 11:42am · Like · 2

EarthQuest Institute It makes no sense to throw out ground breaking dates until the phase one financing is definitively secured. Sorry but we are subject to king Midas and since he (Wall Street) has the gold he makes the rules.June 30, 2011 at 11:25am · Like · 1
      EarthQuest Institute Thanks Bryant. The project is picking up steam again. We are currently building our world class board of advisors from the entertainment, finance and real estate industries. Our investment bundle and project scope is being updated so we can fully pursue syndicated funding this fall and still shoot for a Spring 2012 ground breaking.September 8, 2011 at 9:43pm · Like
    Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In 2006, Trey White, John Marlin and their entity Whitestone Land was desperately trying to unload the property that later became the proposed home of the now defunct EarthQuest project. They were trying to get 35 million for that parcel as a master planned community site. The bank is now owed 21 million. Whitestone may have paid way too much for the property that at this point is tied up in bankruptcy and without a 10 million minimum bid will revert back to the bank that financed these buffoons. The question becomes what have the taxpayers of Texas thrown at these developers and toward this property that will never be recovered?

http://www.landadvisors.com/whitesto...whitestone.pdf

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    In 2006, Trey White, John Marlin and their entity Whitestone Land was desperately trying to unload the property that later became the proposed home of the now defunct EarthQuest project. They were trying to get 35 million for that parcel as a master planned community site. The bank is now owed 21 million. Whitestone may have paid way too much for the property that at this point is tied up in bankruptcy and without a 10 million minimum bid will revert back to the bank that financed these buffoons. The question becomes what have the taxpayers of Texas thrown at these developers and toward this property that will never be recovered?

http://www.landadvisors.com/whitesto...whitestone.pdf

Soapboxmom
    Hmmm, I must be one of those dinosaurs that believe ANY taxpayer money going for theme or sport parks is unacceptable!
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wakeboard park, shooting range coming to East Montgomery County - Your Houston News: News

For the love of mud. Allen, TX got the wake board park from this group and it didn't cost the public a dime. Why on earth is Frank McCrady throwing taxpayer money at this stuff?

http://hydrouswakeparks.info/wp-cont...l-Workshop.pdf

http://www.pahrumpnv.org/images/uplo...kup_111011.pdf

And, it should be no surprise to learn that Don Holbrook is also likely involved in the shooting range nonsense. He met up with that bunch in Pahrump, NV and probably introduced them to EMC. It is just too much of a coincidence that the shooting range bunch is now soliciting EMC. Hasn't Don Holbrook made enough money off of us? He was paid 144 grand in 2009 for working 15 hours a week for the EarthQuest Institute alone.

What in the world is Frank McCrady doing paying for this stuff? He will do anything to divert attention from the dino adventure park fiasco it looks like to me.

Soapboxmom
    Last edited by Soapboxmom; 02-14-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Passes/Rentals

Passes

Make sure to check out our 6 Week After School beginner’s program for $150 and our Birthday Party packages for 10 participants for only $200!! See lesson pricing.
    CABLE PASSES One Hour Two Hours Four Hours All Day
    Adults
    (13 and over)
    $25 $30 $37 $45
    KIDS (12 and under) $15 $20 $25 $30
    2011 Annual Passes
    2011 Season Pass:
    Unlimited ride time all year long and get access to exclusive season passholder only events and offers!
    $1,000
    *Subject to blackout dates for holidays and special events. Rates and hours subject to change. No rain checks or refunds due to weather or other circumstances beyond control of the management of Hydrous Wake Park. We will provide rain checks for all Birthday parties, private parties and Company parties.

Rentals

HYDROUS has YOU covered!

RENTAL EQUIPMENT Two Hours Four Hours All Day
    Basic Equipment Rental W/ Vest and Helmet N/A N/A $25
    Basic Equipment Rental Board/ Slalom ski/ Wake skate/Kneeboard N/A N/A $15
    Demo Wakeboard - Try It B4 You Buy It!
    (Cost of all demos within 30 days may be used towards an in-store board purchase.)
    N/A N/A $50
    Slider Wakeskate w/Helmet $15 $25 $35
    Slider Board w/ Helmet $20 $30 $40
    Helmet $7 $8 $10
    Vests $7 $8 $10

All participants must wear a helmet at all times.
    Rates and hours subject to change. No rainchecks or refunds due to weather or other circumstances beyond control of the management of Hydrous Wake Park.

• Hydrous Wake Park at Allen Station

With one full cable system moving clockwise, two beginner systems, a pro-shop and shaded beach areas, HYDROUS is the COOLEST CABLE PARK IN THE WORLD!
      click here to see our Obstacles

WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?

• World’s Coolest Cable Park nestled in a beautifully landscaped park with two large lakes for great viewing areas.
      • Full State of the Art Cable System manufactured by Sesitec
      • UNIT Rails and Kickers imported from Germany, including the first pipe rail and only quarter pipe in the world
      • 2 Beginner “System 2.0″ Cable systems
      • Restaurant (coming Spring 2012) with Free WIFI!!
      • Family Splash and Play Areas with 10+ picnic tables to hang out all day.
      • Full Pro Shop and Retail Center
      • Outdoor Viewing Decks and shaded patio areas
      • Allen Station Park is a 109 acre park that is home to the Edge skateboard park which includes two outdoor hockey rinks and a BMX track. The park also includes 9 baseball and softball fields a family play ground and connection to the bike trail
      • 6.3MM people live within 45 minutes!!

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Cable waterskiing or wakeboarding is where the participants are not pulled by a boat but by an overhead cable.
      All skiers and wakeboarders begin from the same starting dock. The cable is operated at approximately 18 miles per hour allowing riders to wakeboard, kneeboard, or ski.
      Six riders can be on the system at one time, if you fall while riding, it is just a short swim to shore and walk back to the start dock where you can be riding again in minutes.
      The system is run by the use of electricity and does not require any gasoline for operation. You will be surprised by the ease of riding on the system and the lack of engine noise when compared to riding behind a boat.
      In addition to those positives, the use of the cable system infuses 5 tons of oxygen per year into the lake water which helps the plants and fish as well as clarifies the water.
      The main advantage to cable skiing and wakeboarding is the dramatic reduction in the cost for participants. Participants are not restricted to wakeboarding and waterskiing – they can slalom, trick ski or kneeboard. HYDROUS is offering 1 hour “early bird” passes that include equipment for $20 Monday through Friday until 12PM.
      We Have The Coolest Pro Shop Around

Complete with all the latest CWB, Slingshot, and CTRL Wakeboards plus all the gear you’ll need to get out there on the water. Or you can stop by just to check out some of your favorite apparel brands like Volcom, Billabong, Oneill, SpyOptics, Reef, and more!
    That is high dollar entertainment. Notice only six riders can be on the system at a time. That might make for some very long wait times. Is this a viable program for EMC? With the Allen, TX park only 5 hours away will this one get the foot traffic needed to sustain it. Folks with the money to do that kind of stuff for recreation might well have their own boats. Will they be enticed into using this park?

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, the last two sentances:
    While the agreements have not been finalized, McCrady said the incentives given to the companies will come from rebates of sales taxes and other revenues generated by the new businesses.
    “None of the incentives will come from any existing source or take away from current funding,” he said. “We’re looking at venue taxes to provide the incentive needed to bring these businesses to East County.”
    appear political doublespeak for BOHICA ( Bend Over, Here It Comes Again)! While supposedly not taking incentives from existing pools, rebates of taxes and revenues go back to the park operators. The only way it works out is if the added tax revenues from tourist dollars is large enough to offset the rebates.
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Things in Hicksville sure ain't hopping. From the East Montgomery County Improvement District Facebook page we have the reference to the only fundraiser put on for the EarthQuest Insitute that handsomely lined Don Holbrook's pockets with over $144,000.00 that year(2009).

• EMCID Events

The Earthquest Institute held their first fundraiser at the EMCID Complex last week. It was very informative with a presentation by the Earthquest folks. If you are interested in seeing a model of the amusement park and the Institute coming to New Caney, come by our offices. The models sit in the lobby of our office. For directions or information, please call 281-354-4419.

Like · · Share · December 12, 2009 at 10:18am

Millions of taxpayer dollars were blown and of course we should know how much these Earthquest folks were wined and dined on the bond money? Maybe Trey White will make restitution to the beleaguered taxpayers by donating enough Evolv zero water to fill the lake for the wakeboard park that has been proposed.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In addition to the stunning, state of the art physical facility, the EarthQuest Institute plans to launch a set of education and outreach programs in the local Houston region, some prior to the completion of the actual EarthQuest Adventures Theme Park and the EarthQuest Institute.

These programs will make a significant impact on students, teachers, parents and future leaders who will in turn share the knowledge they gain with others around the world. INTERACTIVE WEBSITE
    EarthQuest will offer a complete virtual-world designed to expand the reach of our programs beyond our facility in Texas, to reach the global community. The robust website will serve as a global communication hub and information repository with deep content and numerous engaging, interactive online activities. It will provide online research publishing; public social network; an information resources center with videos, podcasts and more; listings for volunteer opportunities; a gamer portal; an online store; and a convenient way to make donations.
    EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS
    We are planning a portfolio of education and outrach programs to extend our reach to school children, teachers, and the public. These programs, some of which we will launch before construction is complete will bring EarthQuest programming to schools, public events, conferences and exhibitions where we will demonstrate our unique approach to education, communication and entertainment.
    RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY
    Through assessment and analysis of scientific research, and close collaboration with cutting edge businesses, government agencies, educational institutions and other entities, we will help advance the development of next-generation technologies in energy production, environmental monitoring, information technology and other key areas. Moreover, the Institute will serve as a central “clearinghouse” for the evaluation of sustainability-related research and as a direct link between the scientific community and product manufacturers, marketers, vendors and service providers.

CONSUMER AWARENESS
    To help consumers buy, give and use green products confidently, EarthQuest is working with its research associates to develop the most comprehensive, objective and credible web resource for the general public for assessing the environmental impact of products, services, related organizations and charities.

MEDIA PROJECTS
    The EarthQuest Institute will cooperate with leading filmmakers, virtual reality designers, production studios and other entertainment-industry experts to create new sustainability-focused programming for many different media. The themes and core messages will focus on educating the public in an informative, engaging and entertaining way. In other words, we intend to make learning about energy, the environment and sustainable living fun and exciting.

ACADEMIC PARTNERSHIPS AND INDUSTRY COLLABORATION

We are coordinating a global effort to advance education about sustainability and accelerate the development of green technologies and products that will aid in making and keeping our planet healthy for future generations. By forming academic partnerships and collaborating with businesses in a full range of industries, we will also be helping to create new economic opportunities for millions of people the world over.
    EarthQuest News

Follow us!

Support EQI

Newsletter

21575 US Highway 59 North, Suite 200 | New Caney, TX 77357
    info@earthquestinstitute.org | (866) 559-4006 | www.earthquestinstitute.org
    The EarthQuest Institute © 2012
    The Insitute bragged at the first and only fund raiser that the educational programs would start in 2010. Absolutely nothing was done as far as I can tell. Holbrook and Deborah Thomas of Marlin Atlantis raked in tens of thousands of dollars in salary for this phantom project. Donors should file a formal complaint with the IRS and the 501 (c) 3 status should be immediately revoked. They are not doing what was promised.

1-1 of 1 results Results Per Page « Prev | 1-1 | Next »
    EIN Legal Name (Doing Business As) City State Country Deductibility Status
    26-2454184 Institute Earthquest New Caney TX United States PC

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f13909.pdf

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

• Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast