Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Wright Calls Soapboxmom a Troll in Defense of Tim Darnell of Advantage Conferences a Serial Scammer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Vincent Wright Calls Soapboxmom a Troll in Defense of Tim Darnell of Advantage Conferences a Serial Scammer

LinkedIn

Find People, Jobs, Answers, and MoreSearch for: Answers People Updates Jobs Companies Answers Inbox Groups
    • Turn off suggestions Turn on suggestions
    Advanced

Answers

Go back to Home Page

This question is no longer available

Go back to Home Page
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    Here was his original thread. Vincent Wright is making a complete fool of himself all over the internet. This is the third thread to be removed. I hope his forums are next!

Soapboxmom
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Vincent Wright Calls Soapboxmom a Troll in Defense of Tim Darnell of Advantage Conferences a Serial Scammer

[IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/zsGSJ-RuE96Lw74bI9lhiL1hnuRnuvsNJ3NTrRMk2RJh9D5gr*7Quqog lCl0CTZ8Wr0jeIJ9qYKQRdwuXEs*QtVBdetrC3W1/363343.jpeg?width=64&height=64&crop=1%3A1[/IMG]
    PROPOSAL: A New "N.R.A." (Ning Reputation Alert)

Ning Creators are some of the hardest working and most sincere site developers I know.
    Yet, site abusers can come along and significantly devalue a Ning site with minimal investment by spamming and other poor behavior on our sites.
    While no mature site developer would want to intentionally malign the reputations of good site citizens, something stronger needs to be done about the damage being done to our sites by spammers and other abusers.

PROPOSAL:
    • 1. Create an alert system (Let's tentatively call it "N.R.A." or Ning Reputation Alert)
    • 2. Allow Site Owners to activate it with respect to seeing abuses|abusers on their site (under Manage Members)
    • 3. Make access to the alerts SUBSCRIPTION-BASED
    • 4. Make it available for free to Pro-Accounts and as an add-on for all lower levels
    • 5. Allow Ning to send out Ning Reputation Alerts to ALL SUBSCRIBED Alert Members
    • 6. If there is an ABUNDANCE of Alerts, make "N.R.A.'s" available as Daily|Hourly Alerts (Else, make them as needed (let Owners choose personal preference))
    • 7. ALLOW ACCUSED ABUSERS TO DEFEND THEIR NAMES/BEHAVIOR (This does not have to be a heavy, bureaucratic thing.)
    • 8. IF, IF, IF a Site Owner abuses the N.R.A. with multiple false accusations, suspend their access to the N.R.A. System. (We're in the real world and know that not all Ning Creators like ALL Ning Creators. Also, warn of prospective suspensions before suspending a Creator from the N.R.A.
    • 9. AWARD those Site Owners who help Ning polish its reputation by mature, professional use of the N.R.A. tool (Give discounts on monthly/annual site payments and/or other premium services)
    • 10. Help PROMOTE those Ning sites which strongly contend against spammers by awarding something along the lines of a A.) "Ning Reputation A+ (Platinum)", B.) "Ning Reputation A (Gold)", C.) "Ning Reputation B (Silver)", D.) "Ning Reputation C (Bronze".
    These qualifications could be posted on the sites most successfully contending with spam/abuse. Ning could help with site promotions by creating a directory of Platinum through Bronze sites.
    Your thoughts on this "N.R.A." Proposal are welcomed

Thanks, and Keep STRONG!!

+Vincent Wright,
    Brandergist
    www.Brandergy.com | www.MyLinkingPowerForum.com |www.VincentWright.com
    SKYPE = MyLinkedinPowerForum | PHONE = +1-860-967-0931

Tags: N.R.A., Ning, Ning Reputation Alert, reputation, spam
    1 member likes this

Share Twitter Facebook

__________________________________________________ __________________
    What a boneheaded post. If I have any spammers I delete the post and ban the username and then the IP if needed. What a putz. He is the one ruining Ning.com's reputation. He is incapable of dealing with spammers and is an unstable hot head whose own posts and bogus police reports reflect very badly on Ning. He himself is the one violating their terms of service.

I have made numerous complaints to Ning.com about Vincent Wright and his member. I am sure they are not seeing any way to defend his behavior and do not appreciate being tangled up in his very public misadventures.

Soapboxmom
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Good Lord,

Has Mr Wright never heard "when you're in a hole, stop digging" or "discretion is the better part of valour" ???

Seriously, when did Sun Tzus' "The Art of War" stop being a guide for warriors and become a way of life and "turn the other cheek" involve a different set of "cheeks" ???
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Reason #10. Failure To Empower Others

10. Failure To Empower Others
    1 member likes this 10_5Reasons.jpg
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    That sponsor needs to rethink where they are advertising. Vincent Wright wants to empower whatever schlup or possible con artist that comes to his forum. Vincent Wright simply fails to check out the folks on his forum. Reason # 11 that he will fail!!!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Monday, May 2, 2011

The thing about haters is that the home of their hatred is their bodies...and if love can improve a body, guess what housing hatred does to haters' bodies?

Posted by WrightHandBlogger at 3:34 PM
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Sorry Vincent Wright, but I am more worried about good, trusting people and what liars can do to their pocket books. I do hate liars and cons, you know!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Ole vinny's body must look awfully decrepit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    Monday, May 2, 2011

The thing about haters is that the home of their hatred is their bodies...and if love can improve a body, guess what housing hatred does to haters' bodies?

Posted by WrightHandBlogger at 3:34 PM
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Sorry Vincent Wright, but I am more worried about good, trusting people and what liars can do to their pocket books. I do hate liars and cons, you know!

Soapboxmom
    Mr Wright is presupposing:

1) People who take the time to point out frauds and fraudsters "hate" said fraudsters.
    What if they didn't "hate" but, instead were "mildly annoyed" or "contemptuous of" or even if they just "felt sorry" for those so delusional as to think what they are doing is somehow "right" ??

2) His so called "haters" are not, in fact, advanced enough in their thinking to be able to practice detachment and are unable to separate their emotions from their online activities.

3) Poking fun at and ridiculing loud mouthed, self important blowhards isn't both fun and therapeutic for those whose hobby it is.

As per usual, it appears as if someone has taken a valid concept out of context and bastardized it to suit their purposes.

Post Thanks / Like

And, as we know, it's the scammers that hate people that point out their scamming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    And, as we know, it's the scammers that hate people that point out their scamming.
    Absolutely! May The Flying Spaghetti Monster heap his blessings upon you!!!!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Only 12 of MyLinkingPowerForum.com's 5,000+ Members Are on Ning's New Spam Watch List!

I'm TRULY happy to share with you two things:
    1. Ning has a new SPAM WATCH LIST and
    2. Only 12 of My Linking Power Forum's 5,000+ members are on the list!

I'm VERY, VERY PROUD of OUR MEMBERS! :-)

+Vincent Wright,
    Brandergist
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______
    Proud of and trusting in members you don't know who sit at the other end of a computer??? What about the fact you could have members that have threatened people. You could have members who have been involved in schemes that ripped off the elderly, desperate and trusting leaving them hungry, bankrupt, losing their homes and or drowning in debt. You could have members that have been removed from positions of authority in their churches and community groups. You could have members that have engaged in tax fraud. You could have members that have off-shore dummy corporations. You could have members that have made false criminal allegations. You could have members that are involved in cash gifting and HYIP scams. The list goes on and on. You could have members that are serial killers for all we know. Remember how well loved Ted Bundy was at the rape crisis center where he worked the phones?

Vincent is so clueless that even if he is sent verifiable facts about a member the only reponse he can come up with is to attack the messenger with his troll nonsense. Anyone who thinks they are safe on a forum like his is in Disneyland and as one humorous blogger I adore said before they probably subscribe to Toothfairy Today magazine. Just what is Vincent going to do about those 12 known spammers he is hosting much less the other members that could be a great danger to others on his forum???

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Vincent Wright is a liar and a fraud. Wright Enterpirses hasn't been in existence since 2004:

BUSINESS INQUIRY RESULT:
    Searched on: WRIGHT ENTERPRISES
    Total Number of Matches: 2

Page: 1 of 1
    Business Name:Business ID: Status: Address:
    MOTEX GROUP, LLC 0725377Active20 ARROWBROOK RD., WINDSOR, CT, 06095

WRIGHT ENTERPRISES, LLC 0725377 NONE

BUSINESS DETAILS:
    Business Name:Business ID:Business Address:
    MOTEX GROUP, LLC072537720 ARROWBROOK RD., WINDSOR, CT, 06095

Mailing Address:Citizenship/State Inc:Last Report Year:
    P.O. BOX 320356, HARTFORD, CT, 06132 Domestic/CT2006

Business Type:Business Status:Date Inc./Register:
    Domestic Limited Liability CompanyActiveSep 10, 2002

PRINCIPALS:
    Name/Title:Business Address:Residence Address:
    ORLANDO WRIGHT
    CEO 20 ARROWBROOK RD., WINDSOR, CT, 06095 20 ARROWBROOK RD., WINDSOR, CT, 06095

BUSINESS SUMMARY:
    Agent Name:Agent Business Address:Agent Residence Address:
    ORLANDO WRIGHT69 MOUNTFORD STREET, HARTFORD, CT, 06114 69 MOUNTFORD STREET, HARTFORD, CT, 06114
    » View Name History » View Filing History » View Shares

NAME CHANGE HISTORY:
    Business ID:Business Name:
    0725377MOTEX GROUP, LLC

Old Name:Filing Number:Date:
    WRIGHT ENTERPRISES, LLC0002697935Mar 01, 2004

FILING HISTORY:
    Business ID:Business Name:0725377MOTEX GROUP, LLC
    Filing #:Filing Date/Time:Effective Date/Time:Filing Type:Vol_Type:Volume:Start Page:
    # Pages:0002472686Sep 10, 2002 2:00:00 PMORGANIZATION B00524055210002696678Dec 15, 2003 8:30:00 AMREPORT (2003) B00638218020002697935Mar 01, 2004 8:30:00 AMAMEND NAME B00639098410003180865Mar 30, 2006 3:35:00 PMREPORT (2004) B00898319320003180866Mar 30, 2006 3:35:00 PMREPORT (2005) B00898319520003875201Feb 26, 2009 12:17:07 PMREPORT (2006) B0125610322
    __________________________________________________ ____________________

So, Wright Enterprises is long defunct and not registered as active with the state.

Vincent can rest assured after his bogus police report and shenanigans I will be finding out exactly where he resides and what he has been up to. Posts on his site are the subject of litigation and as the owner he will have to be prepared to provide information and appropriate responses.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Vincent Wright

Brandergist at Brandergy.com
    LocationHartford, Connecticut Area IndustryOnline Media Vincent Wright's Overview

Current
    • Brandergist at MyLinkingPowerForum.com
    • Brandergist at Brandergy on Facebook
    • Brandergist at MyJobBrand.com

• Brandergist at Brandergy.com
    • President/CEO at Wright Enterprises
    Vincent Wright's Summary

Top Three Things To Know About Me:

1. Brandergist at Brandergy.com, a six year old network of thousands of social media practitioners and professionals who recognize the importance social media branding plays in their professional success.

2. Beginning in 2005 with the founding of MyLinkedinPowerForum.com (now Brandergy.com), created hundreds of professional discussion groups including the following:

Linkedin Answers
    Linkedin Bloggers
    Linkedin Chicago
    Linkedin Venture Capital
    Brandergy.com ( formerly My Linkedin Power Forum is now Brandergy.com!) )
    Linkedin Brandergy ( Brandergy | LinkedIn )
    Facebook Brandergy ( Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More )
    Twitter Brandergy ( Twitter )
    Ning Brandergy group ( MyLinkingPowerForum.Ning.com )

3. CEO/President at Wright Enterprises. 20+ years of networking for you through 5 interrelated consultancies focused on consultative relationship building, recruitment, branding, social media, and coaching,
    Specialties

* branding
    * recruiting
    * job search
    * social media consulting

Vincent Wright's Experience

Brandergist

MyLinkingPowerForum.com

Online Media industry
    February 2008 – Present (3 years 4 months)
    Brandergist at MyLinkingPowerForum.ning.com, a very active Ning-based social media platform consisting of more 5,000 professional members lending a hand to help members find jobs and develop business via more than 300 professional networking and discussion groups.

If you need help with your professional networking efforts, you're invited to stop by and introduce yourself at either of the following:

MyLinkingPowerForum.com - Brandergy on Ning! or
    My Linking Power Forum

Brandergist

Brandergy on Facebook

Online Media industry
    January 2007 – Present (4 years 5 months)
    Brandergist for Brandergy (on Facebook), a Facebook group consisting of 2,000 professional members lending a hand to help each other find jobs and develop business via discussions about using Facebook for business development and other professional purposes.

If you need help with your professional networking efforts, you're invited to stop by and introduce yourself on Facebook at the following group: Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Brandergist

MyJobBrand.com

Online Media industry
    April 2005 – Present (6 years 2 months)
    1. Recruiters have a job brand path and
    2. Job Seekers have a job brand path

Thus, My Job Brand is about TWO distinct branding paths merging into ONE COMMUNITY at www.MyJobBRAND.com

Brandergist

Brandergy.com

Internet industry
    February 2005 – Present (6 years 4 months)
    Brandergist at Brandergy (Formerly, My Linkedin Power Forum is now Brandergy.com!), the first, large, Linkedin-centric discussion group. During its first five years, more than 8,000 members have generated more than 48,000 topics on branding, Linkedin, and related social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Friendfeed, Buzz, and YouTube.

As Brandergist I,
    - Monitor & moderate online posts, threads, topics & discussions
    - Help answer questions from the forum community
    - Build growth in number of participants, pageviews & activity
    - Make decisions regarding posters & membership requests
    - Create & implement specific policies to guide positive growth of the community
    - Identify problems and seek & expedite solutions
    - Initiate discussions

President/CEO

Wright Enterprises

Staffing and Recruiting industry
    August 1989 – Present (21 years 10 months)
    Wright Enterprises is a unique small business designed to solve employment problems through creative recruitment, coaching, and networking practices. All our work is centered around bringing the right people together.

We use a variety of techniques to network for you and we do so through 5 interrelated consultancies focused on consultative relationship building, recruitment, branding, social media, and coaching,

We center our work on a powerful in-house developed meta-methodology for building structured, yet flexible approaches to social media, coaching, recruiting, and branding......
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    Lies Vincent!!! Wright Enterprises is for all practical purposes nothing more than a figment of your wild imagination. Wright Enterprises is not an entity registered in Connecticut any longer. You have no limited liabilty company to protect your from your own foolish behavior. You will be held personally liable for all your shenanigans. Good luck with that! Your flipped out ramblings about me and fake police reports are going to be your undoing. Any more trolls attacking you, Vincent???

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sign In to MyLinkingPowerForum.com

Membership is by invitation only. If you have an invitation, click the link in the email to join.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    I have been contacting all of Vincent's members about his shenanigans. He has once again closed his silly forum. Of course, folks only go on there as they are looking for a place to advertise for free. Now, it won't Google up and they will be posting to the tiny handful that bother to post on that cesspool at all. He is killing the place.

If he had any sense he would have looked into the issue I raised with him and resolved it like a responsbile business person privately as I had e-mailed him. Making a bogus police report and publicly attacking me on Linkedin was business suicide. I got all his rants removed and now he is getting a good public scolding from me here.

With the forum closed to the public his remaining advertisers are sure to bail as they will not get any return for their advertising dollar. And, as posts on that site are at issue in a legal matter there could be a lot of negative publicity in the future. Congratulations, Vincent! You are now the captain of your own Titanic (remember Wright Enterprises doesn't exist)!!!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

01-26-2010 07:51 PM #1

b12
    MyLinkingPowerForum.com for Sale
    Active Ning community with 4677 members. The site has 297 groups. The community consists of small business and self-employed professionals (e.g.: consultants, coaches, doctors, lawyers, etc..).

The domain MyLinkingPowerForum.com is included and has PR4.

All offers welcome. Thanks! Please PM me if you would like additional details.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    There is no way that worthless joke of a site will sell. Apparently, even this offer to practically give it away didn't work. Vincent ran it into the ground and it may have member(s) that no one that did the slightest bit of due diligence would ever do business with. Desperate MLMers are not exactly self-employed professionals, Vincent! And, we know you do not check out your members.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

mylinkingpowerforum-com-realsc_uv_6m.jpg

Vincent your forum is dead on arrival. Realscam is picking up steam very nicely. We have ten times the traffic. Who wants to advertise on a forum with about 500 unique visitors a month??? Realscam's traffic is up 64% from last month and yours is down 45%. Your antics are really paying off, Vincent!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Site metrics (estimates) used in website value calculation for Mylinkingpowerforum.com
    Daily Unique Visitors: 42
    Daily Pageviews: 85
    Daily Ad Earnings: $0.1
    Estimated Worth: $149.1
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    Of course, with the site only open to and viewable by invited members those numbers will plunge until poor troll chasing Vincent is blogging to himself. No wonder it isn't selling!!!!

Soapboxmom "The Troll"

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

$149.1 ????

Now THAT'S funny.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    $149.1 ????

Now THAT'S funny.
    So...Let's see, if ya buy it and it maintains its current earnings, it'll pay for itself in 4 years and a month...! What a bargain...!
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

| About | BrandSeed

The nature of business is changing all around us. We now live in a very inter-connected world based on collaboration and trust. Business needs to adapt to these changes and become a meaningful part of this new social fabric.
    BrandSeed is the strategic consultancy of social media experts Vincent Wright and Michael Beddows. Vincent Wright is BrandSeed’s social media evangelist, curating knowledge and wisdom across many social platforms. Michael Beddows is BrandSeed’s social software strategist, crafting the vision for new products and services.
    What sets them apart from other consultancies is that:
    BrandSeed is the only brand agency that leverages social technology to help extraordinary brands elevate their message in a sea of noise.
    We work closely with clients at each stage of their needs:
    Exploration
    Performing needs assessment to determine strategic plans. More…
    Expansion
    Taking on challenging projects that require interaction with many stakeholders, customers, and partners. More…
    Execution
    Assisting companies manage social media branding through a Brand Management Office. More…
    __________________________________________________ ________
    Michael Beddows better rein in his troll chasing partner before he totally destroys their business. Considering Vincent's recent meltdown and bogus police report his wisdom and integrity should certainly be in question. Talk about tarnishing your brand!!!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie the Verbose
    Vincent Wright is BrandSeed’s social media evangelist, curating knowledge and wisdom across many social platforms.
    Umm, "curating knowledge and wisdom across many social platforms"

Isn't that what's commonly known as a spammer ???

Americans pay money to have people spam Facebook, YouTube and Twitter for them ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

mylinkingpowerforum-com-realsc_uv_3m[1].jpg

mylinkingpowerforum.co... Miscellaneous

561 Unique Visitors

-45.37%

Miscellaneous

5,133 Unique Visitors

+64.94%

What Vincent is doing sure doesn't generate any traffic. His forum has been around much longer and has ten times as many members, but our forum less than a year old has ten times the traffic and page views. With his forum closed to the public and open by invitation only it can't be helping the members make a dime. The traffic will continue to plummet. No one will come in off of Google anymore so the advertisers are likely to bail.

If he pulls anymore shenanigans behind the scenes I think Ning.com will send him packing for good!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Vincent Wright. I have shocking news for you. There are no laws against "trolling" on the internet in Texas. And, since I never posted on your website ever, you are certainly lookng completely ridiculous now. Folks send me e-mails and private mails all the time as I am the administrator and public face for this site. I have never filed a police report or flipped out about being contacted like you did. I always thank everyone who contacts me about this site and do my best to address any concerns they have.

Why don't you post the law that states contacting you about something related to your site is illegal? Savvy members know that they can have their profiles removed from sites like yours. I encourage all members to contact the site and Ning.com and demand their profiles be removed. Getting tangled up in your shenanigans is not something business people with integrity will likely wish to do.

Let me help you, Vincent, as you apparently have no idea what a troll is:

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Creators Against Trolls - Creators

Creators Against Trolls - Creators

[IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/sbcI5*UFXaKvItF6DEMsWegpfCglyldZksMTWeTmtA0zRBNfJz HBkcwujx9BpD*eOoTV6jy3Pll8tjUi26KKytNmDveNLW8A/ningcreators.png?width=488&height=75&xn_auth=no&ty pe=png[/IMG]

Does Ning Have A Security Team?

A troll who's been causing trouble for a member whom I set out to protect has now started attacking all 5,000 members of my site.

Each member who's been featured on my site is being contacted by this woman en masse...

So, two questions:
    1. HOW is she getting the email addresses of members featured on my site and
    2. Does Ning have a Security Team to whom we can report this breach of privacy.

Thanks, and Keep STRONG, Creators!
    +Vincent Wright

Tags:

Favorite
    0 members favorited this

Share Twitter

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

[IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/KNiXv067LFM8mVNPaJ5zTATJtx5A2cJQLZVOOxVvmDxdrXfN5f YbgYDlgjDRpnQ8bWB32cWDLHbcntK5LLZBkZD1kqeG*H0F/eric_ning_avatar.jpg?width=48&height=48&crop=1%3A1[/IMG]Permalink Reply by Eric Suesz on June 2, 2011 at 1:23pm Hello, again, Vincent!
    Yes. We do, in fact, have a team here who can handle issues related to TOS violations or questions of abuse. If you can submit a ticket for us from your Support link, we can make sure your questions get routed to those people here at Ning. As you might imagine, I'm not often able to tackle issues of abuse in a public setting, as it often involves the sharing of private info like email addresses. So, please let us know and we'll try to get you some good answers. As always, call on me if I can help connect you to the right people.
    Keep STRONG!

[IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/fRxjFoV7sR90wqs-u70Od-x2m1CvluxK4RFdGGlIrZXiRd*xWVkkK*s1O2dRBzby4TiyNB2H 8B1RuzeaBjik8oWywgYH4oiB/nnorng01.png?width=48&height=48&crop=1%3A1[/IMG]Permalink Reply by Speed Racer on June 2, 2011 at 2:15pm are you sure that she is not just posting on their profile comment walls, and that message is what is getting forwarded to their emails as a notification? That's how the typical Ning spammer gets messages to our members emails. Many times, when this occurs, we suspend the spammer for spam, which removes all of their content before the member checks their email. The member then checks their email, sees the entire message that was placed on their profile page comment wall, but you have since removed the content. Many people then feel like their email contact info has been compromised, and that the spammer has directly emailed them. THIS is why the typical spammer (like Rose Grandson, for example) will put in the message something along the lines of "Hi, i saw your profile on (yournetwork.com) and I really liked it.....blah blah blah" They put your network url in the comment they place on the member's profile comment wall because they EXPECT the NC to catch and remove it, but they want to make sure you (the member who was spammed) is aware of where they found them. There is no other reason to say "I saw your profile on (yournetwork.com) when the post was placed on the members profile page at (yournetwork.com) now is there? There is a simple way to prevent this from happening anymore, go to this discussion I started and follow the advice, and watch your complaints drop substantially. Also, go to that spamming members profile page and SUSPEND FOR SPAM. If you completely delete them, they can use the exact same email as before to rejoin. if you suspend for spam, they cannot. Also, check your spam watchlist daily, and perform the proper actions on it to help that tool improve for us all.
    Hope you find this helpful,
    SR

• __________________________________________________ ________
    • Filing a false police report and now this continued online meltdown should get Ning's attention. Anyone who advertises on a (once) public site and puts up their websites and contact information knowing folks may contact them sholdn't be surprised if they get an e-mail. So, I don't see any mystery here.
    • And, again Vincent is such a liar (by ommission) he has yet to acknowledge I never posted anything on his site. I told him he needn't approve my membership as I only wanted to share something with him related to his site. I get e-mails and private mails all the time and I knew that was a part of managaing a site. What a complete putz this guy is.
    • If he is too emotionally immature to handle feedback on his site, then he should close it down and stay off of the internet. The Richardson police shouldn't have had to waste time on his bogus report (that went in the trash can, by the way). There are real people with legitimate problems that need help and he is wasting their time with false reports based on his delusions of me being a troll.
    • Hasn't Vincent already firgured out I have been in contact with Ning.com and he is likely violating their terms of service with his online antics. They will take action concerning things posted on their network and that doesn't include me then.
    Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Effective strategies for dealing with trolls...??? RE: Brandergy: Effective strategies for dealing with trolls...???

Yes, I have dealt with such fools for the past 10 years. If you want to see the damage they can do just google me.

All you can really do if try to have that your fellow humans will not judge you by anything but your own words and deeds.

Bobbi

From: Brandergy@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Brandergy@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Vincent Wright
    Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 5:03 PM
    To: brandergy
    Subject: Brandergy: Effective strategies for dealing with trolls...???

I've just had someone try to join one of my forums with the apparent specific objective of wanting to disparage one of my long-term, well-behaved members.

The person seeking to join is "not an ex-girlfriend, ex-customer, nothing"... merely a person who seems to get their kick off of pulling down the reputations of others.

To some, trolls like this can be intimidating...not much different than being online bullies..

Oddly enough, in taking a cursory look at the reputation of the troll, her own reputation leaves a lot to be desired. Others have already blasted her unfairness...but...alas..that hasn't been sufficient to stop her...

Have you ever had to deal with this issue?

Do you have any good strategies for effectively dealing with such trolls?

+Vincent Wright,
    Brandergist

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Alexa says:
    mylinkingpowerforum.com

Mylinkingpowerforum.com

Is this your site? Run an Alexa Site Audit.

Statistics Summary for mylinkingpowerforum.com

Mylinkingpowerforum.com is ranked #2,854,934 in the world according to the three-month Alexa traffic rankings. Visitors to it view an average of 1.0 unique page per day.
    So, it appears the few users left that come on view their own page and bail that useless site. Of course, if someone should send Vincent an e-mail or private mail they may have to deal with Vincent filing a bogus police report and going bananas online.

Go Bananas, Vincent!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!