LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Fan Video / Daniel Ptak / Jevin Inc. Online Sports Management Software / Felony Charges Florida

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Virtual Fan Video / Daniel Ptak / Jevin Inc. Online Sports Management Software / Felony Charges Florida

Jevin Sports Organization Management

Jevin is the software used by the Garland Soccer Association for registration and scheduling. The question is why Garland Soccer continues to use this program.

At the September 2013 coaches meeting Garland Soccer President, David Arciniega, blindsided the board of directors with the following that was also published in the November letter inviting the coaches to the general meeting:

GSA receives it largest income from the registration fees so all income must match the data in the Jevin System daily. Jevin/online provider owed GSA $8,061 (in June 2013) which was paid in full to GSA as of August 20th. To compensate GSA for this delay, Jevin will lower its rates resulting in additional revenue for GSA. Litigation is on-going between the online provider and Jevin so additional information may not be divulged per the North Texas lawyers.
    There was never any litigation filed. So, who made up this cockamamie story of a lawsuit? Was it David Arcniega who told this story to the board and then the coaches or did this come from Jevin's owner Daniel Ptak?
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Jevin Inc. / Dan Ptak / Online Sports Organization Management Software / Sues Charity & Parents / David Arciniega /

Garland Soccer (GSA) had had late payments before this incident. President Arciniega's response to this "missing money" $8061.00 was beyond bizarre. With zero documentation he decided to call together the Executive Committee and bypass the rest of the board. The meeting was set for Sunday June 30th 2013 after Arciniega became aware of the problem on Friday June 28th 2013. Arciniega did not alert the entire board and give us an option to attend. He claimed it was an emergency as fall registration was to start on July 1st. Garland Soccer is the only association in North Texas of 124 that uses Jevin. Strangely, in 2014 Arciniega claimed that North Texas and therefor Garland Soccer might change software providers, so the board waited until July 14th after the North Texas Soccer Association Annual General Meeting to even discuss starting fall registration and it didn't start until July 18th. Where was the emergency in 2013 again???

On June 30th at the secret Executive Board meeting, Arciniega convinced Kim Verity (VP of the false charges) and the treasurer to agree to accept a discount on future payments to Jevin. He claimed that Corduro (the payment processor) was responsible for the money not being paid to Jevin and bragged of Jevin filing a lawsuit. Jevin supposedly admitted they owed GSA the money and didn't have the funds to pay us the 8 grand and couldn't get a loan for that amount either.

The banking industry is heavily regulated and a payment processor withholding funds is a criminal matter. What going concern of a business can't get a loan for a piddling 8 grand? If this story were true then Jevin should have gone to the authorities (local police) and filed charges. I wasn't buying this BS and I hightailed it to the Garland Police. I made a formal report. When the July board meeting rolled around several of us spoke out about this tomfoolery and demanded proper documentation. In lieu of that I got an even more ridiculous story about Jevin actually being out a total of $50,000.00 for several entities that the payment processor owed them money for.

If there were $50,000.00 missing do to the payment processor absconding with the funds that would be a second degree felony as GSA and other entities allegedly effected are 501 c 3 charities. So, now we are talking $50,000.00 and I communicate that to the detective in charge of the case. As David Arciniega is the registered agent of the non-profit corporation the police must get documentation from him. He tells them the charges that I filed are unfounded. Really.

No charges were ever filed and no court cases were ever filed. Garland Soccer gets around $300,000.00 plus per year in registration fees and tournament fees most of which go through Jevin. Why is Garland Soccer still using Jevin and allowing tens of thousands of dollars to be handled by them? Why has Garland Soccer not gotten its own payment processor to keep our members money safe? Why is the North Texas State Soccer Association not taking action when this president is lying to the board and most importantly to the entire membership of Garland Soccer???
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Jevin Inc. / Dan Ptak / Online Sports Organization Management Software / Sues Charity & Parents / David Arciniega /

Our Customers Say

Fast, Simple, And Convenient…That’s Corduro.

“Our funds were taking over 30 days to settle. Once we switched to Corduro, our payments now settle the next business day. The improvements to our cash flow have been dramatic. Thanks, Corduro!” ~ Jevin
    Looks like the problem is Jevin to me. The lack of police reports and legal filings make that abundantly clear!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Unlike our GSA president who thinks his own blathering is documentation, I did extensive research on this issue. The president and CEO of the payment processor was happy to talk with me. No one else from GSA had bothered to get the facts from them. He affirmed there was no litigation in progress and he added that none had been threatened. Jevin and the payment processor had parted ways as he said the Jevin software made it very difficult to process payments as it has issues.

Issues with the software is no secret in GSA!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Heather Dobrott vs. David Arciniega / Garland Soccer Association / Kimberley Lawrence Verity / North Texas State Soc

Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:46 AM
    To: GSA Board Members
    Subject: Possible Felony Theft

Dear Fellow Board Members,
    Please find attached the Executive Committee Minutes from the June 30th GSA meeting. That document makes it quite clear that “slow payments” from Jevin are now “missing payments.” At the regular monthly GSA board meeting on July 8th it became glaringly obvious that the explanation for that is wholly unsubstantiated and the board had nothing but David Arciniega’s recounting of what Dan Ptak allegedly claimed on which to base any decisions. David Arciniega stated that Jevin was said to have missing payments in the amount of not just the $8,000.00 plus owed to GSA, but a whopping $50,000.00 including other organizations using Jevin software.

The board was informed that all this must be kept secret as Dan Ptak of Jevin was filing suit against Corduro (the payment processor) to collect those funds. $50,000.00 alleged to have been stolen by the payment processor is a possible felony. That high dollar amount theft when a non-profit is involved could be a second degree felony. We have an ethical obligation to report this to all the proper authorities. I made a report to the Garland police on the morning of Monday July 8th. The detective handling the case has been informed that the new figure for the “missing payments” was $50,000.00. He needs more documentation and expects that our president will be turning that in and meeting with him to discuss this case. I have the case number for this case that is listed as a theft ($1,500.00 - $20,000.00) and contact information for the detective and want to get that meeting set-up ASAP. If Dan Ptak of Jevin is running a legitimate business then he should have no problem cooperating with law enforcement.

We as a board must demand that Dan Ptak of Jevin provide all the documentation that substantiates the payment processor Corduro is in fact responsible for the “missing payments.” That documentation would include, but not be limited to all financial records, correspondence, reports filed with the authorities and the lawsuit related to this matter. I believe a registered letter from the board giving him 10 days to turn over the requested documents would be appropriate. We as a board should reconsider our vote and not have David Arciniega sign a contract with Dan Ptak / Jevin until this matter is properly documented and completely resolved. GSA should not be looking the other way when there is possible criminal activity going on, nor should we risk any further loss of GSA funds if in fact it turns out Corduro is not the culprit.
    Corduro is a huge Google backed start –up with over 6 million transactions on Visa annually alone and on the list of 19 Master Card Approved mobile payment processors. Corduro is reported to be handling 1.4 billion a year in transactions. If Corduro is involved in theft it is vital we alert the authorities to protect other non-profits, businesses and individuals who are using them. If the “missing payments” are not due to Corduro then we need to mitigate our losses and change software providers immediately. GSA should not be risking further monetary losses with Jevin. Why are we going forward with Jevin when we don’t have concrete, verifiable documentation on all this?

I have been an administrator on an anti-scam forum that exposes financial fraud for several years. I have worked with numerous enforcement agencies including the Texas Attorney General’s office, the Texas Department of Insurance, the Texas State Securities Board, various police departments, the FBI and others. I have been sued twice for my blogging about financial fraud and won in district court. I am adamant about getting to the bottom of these “missing payments.” I consulted with several experts that I have worked with over the years about this matter.

We should for the good of GSA and for our own protection seek out legal counsel to advise us in situations such as this. I have two lawyers among my coaches and have worked with several fine attorneys in the Dallas area. I would be happy to search for a volunteer to help us out.

This board needs to act on this possibly felonious activity immediately. We have a fiduciary responsibility so, I suggest we treat this as the serious matter it is. This could generate tremendously negative publicity for GSA. A special board meeting needs to be scheduled immediately and a demand letter sent out to Jevin / Dan Ptak as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Heather Dobrott
    U6 Girls Director
    972 496-3649

PENAL CODE CHAPTER 31. THEFT

….(5) a felony of the third degree if the value of the property stolen is $20,000 or more but less than $100,000….

f) An offense described for purposes of punishment by Subsections (e)(1)-(6) is increased to the next higher category of offense if it is shown on the trial of the offense that:

(3) the owner of the property appropriated was at the time of the offense:

(A) an elderly individual; or
    (B) a nonprofit organization;

Mastercard Reveals Approved Mobile Payments Solutions

Google-backed payment startup Corduro aims for...

_ http://www.pymnts.com/news/businessw...20130627006306

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=198239636&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=Z ZVY&
    locale=en_US&srchid=301720301373990539187&srchinde x=3&srchtotal=4&trk=vsrp_people_res_name&trkInfo=V SRPsearchId%3A301720301373990539187%2CVSRPtargetId %3A198239636%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8O6VcouVthEJ:www.linkedin.com/pub/brian-mclaughlin/8/102/80+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

GotSoccer Club Directory=

BBB Northeast Florida and The Southeast Atlantic

DocDescMain

http://gigaom.com/2011/05/12/corduro...ment-platform/

https://siteanalytics.compete.com/gotsoccer.com/

https://siteanalytics.compete.com/jevin.net/
    Sorry,
    we do not have Site Profile data for:
    www2.jevin.net
    The site may have little traffic or we may not have a statistically relevant sample to project the traffic with.
    Please visit our Data Methodology page to learn more about how we get our data.
    http://domainolist.com/domain/jevin.net/
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    Safe and Secure
    Corduro is a certified Level 1 PCI Compliant service provider recognized by Visa and scanned by Trustwave.
    [IMG]file:///C:\Users\Heather\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\0 1\clip_image002.gif[/IMG]
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________

Q: What are the PCI compliance ‘levels’ and how are they determined?
    A: All merchants will fall into one of the four merchant levels based on Visa transaction volume over a 12-month period. Transaction volume is based on the aggregate number of Visa transactions (inclusive of credit, debit and prepaid) from a merchant Doing Business As (‘DBA’). In cases where a merchant corporation has more than one DBA, Visa acquirers must consider the aggregate volume of transactions stored, processed or transmitted by the corporate entity to determine the validation level. If data is not aggregated, such that the corporate entity does not store, process or transmit cardholder data on behalf of multiple DBAs, acquirers will continue to consider the DBA’s individual transaction volume to determine the validation level.
    Merchant levels as defined by Visa:
    Merchant Level Description
    1 Any merchant -- regardless of acceptance channel -- processing over 6M Visa transactions per year. Any merchant that Visa, at its sole discretion, determines should meet the Level 1 merchant requirements to minimize risk to the Visa system.
    2 Any merchant -- regardless of acceptance channel -- processing 1M to 6M Visa transactions per year.
    3 Any merchant processing 20,000 to 1M Visa e-commerce transactions per year.
    4 Any merchant processing fewer than 20,000 Visa e-commerce transactions per year, and all other merchants -- regardless of acceptance channel -- processing up to 1M Visa transactions per year.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    [IMG]file:///C:\Users\Heather\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\0 1\clip_image004.gif[/IMG] Visa_Global_Registry_of_Service_Providers_June_13_ 2013.pdf
    476K View Download

Notice almost all of NTSSA uses Got Soccer and they have an enormous amount of traffic. Jevin's traffic is so low it isn't available. Both of those companies were founded around the same time.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sent: Monday, August 05, 2013 2:35 PM
    To:
    Subject: August Board report

U6 Girls Director / Officer Monthly Report

This month [August 2013]
    Accomplishments

1. …Working with U6 coaches to get them registered and ready for the season…….…
    2. …………
    3. …………

Plans

1. Attend general coaches meeting.
    2. Schedule U6 meeting.
    3. Invite coaches to the G license clinic.
    4. Inquire about volunteer referee clinics.
    5. Continue researching issues that relate to matters the board is dealing with.………
    6. ……..
    7. ……..

Miscellaneous

…I think it is important to remember we are a 501(c)3 under the NTSSA umbrella on their group exemption letter according to the IRS.

75-1629771 North Texas State Soccer Association Inc. Frisco TX United States GROUP
    Mission Statement

Share Print Page
    Home > About > Mission Statement
    North Texas Soccer is a Texas non-profit, 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt Corporation formed to promote, foster, and advance the cause of soccer for youth and adults within its territory. It shall be the mission of North Texas Soccer to educate, provide administrative service, promote and stimulate interest in the game of soccer. North Texas Soccer is a member of United States Youth and United States Adult, United States Soccer Federation and Federation Internationale de Football Association.
    Offering quality soccer programs for youth and adults since 1964
    Over 195,000 players currently registered
    North Texas Soccer is comprised of over 123 Member Associations that maintain a large volunteer base of coaches and program administrators.
    North Texas Soccer, governed by a voluntary Executive Committee, maintains a state office with a professional full-time staff.

North Texas Soccer has one purpose in mind: To ensure that each participant has an enjoyable soccer experience while moving toward his or her personal goal.
    Emphasis placed on the development of players - Recreational - Competitive - State Select/ODP
    Training programs for coaches and referees
    Sanctioned tournaments
    Media: "The Pitch" State Newspaper
    Organization assistance through state office staff and Executive Committee
    Resource for educational materials
    Liability insurance coverage for administrators and Member Associations
    Medical insurance coverage program for players and coaches
    Sanctioned indoor and outdoor play

Exemption Requirements - 501(c)(3) Organizations
    Exemption requirements: 501(c)(3) organizations

To be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.
    Organizations described in section 501(c)(3) are commonly referred to as charitable organizations. Organizations described in section 501(c)(3), other than testing for public safety organizations, are eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions in accordance with Code section 170.
    The organization must not be organized or operated for the benefit of private interests, and no part of a section 501(c)(3) organization's net earnings may inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual. If the organization engages in an excess benefit transaction with a person having substantial influence over the organization, an excise tax may be imposed on the person and any organization managers agreeing to the transaction.
    http://www.ag.state.mn.us/Charities/FiduciaryDuties.asp
    ……. It also means that directors must supervise and direct the officers and govern the charity’s efforts in carrying out its mission….. courts have held that the law imposes the highest standard of integrity on the bearers of these duties.
    Directors of Minnesota nonprofit corporations must discharge their duties in good faith, in a manner the director reasonably believes to be in the best interests of the corporation, and with the care an ordinarily prudent person in a like position would exercise under similar circumstances…..

To Exercise the Proper Duty of Care:

1. Active Participation. A director must actively participate in the management of the organization including attending meetings of the board, evaluating reports, reading minutes, reviewing the performance and compensation of the Executive Director and so on. Persons who do not have the time to participate as required should not agree to be on the board.
    2. Committees. Directors may establish committees having the authority of the board and may rely on information, opinions or reports of these committees. Committees operate subject to the direction and control of the board. As a result, directors are still responsible for the committees and should periodically scrutinize their work.
    3. Board Actions. A director who is present at a meeting when an action is approved by the entire board is presumed to have agreed to the action unless the director objects to the meeting because it was not lawfully called or convened and doesn’t participate in the meeting, or unless the director votes against the action or the director is prohibited from voting on the action because of a conflict of interest.
    4. Minutes of Meetings. Written minutes should be taken at every board meeting. The minutes should accurately reflect board discussions as well as actions taken at meetings.
    5. Books and Records. A director should have general knowledge of the books and records of the organization as well as its general operation. The organization’s articles, bylaws, accounting records, voting agreements and minutes must be made available to members and directors who wish to inspect them for a proper purpose.
    6. Accurate Record Keeping. A director should not only be familiar with the content of the books and records, but should also assure that the organization’s records and accounts are accurate. This may mean the director must take steps to require regular audits by an independent certified public accountant. At the very least, the director should be aware of what the financial records disclose and take appropriate action to make sure there are proper internal controls.
    7. Trust Property. A director has the duty to protect, preserve, invest and manage the corporation’s property and to do so consistent with donor restrictions and legal requirements. Instituting proper internal controls will aid in the protection of assets.
    8. Resources. A director must assist the organization in obtaining adequate resources to enable it to further its charitable mission.
    9. Charitable Trusts. A trustee of a charitable trust has a higher standard of care than a director of a nonprofit corporation. A trustee has the duty to exercise the care an ordinary person would employ in dealing with that person’s own property. A trustee with a greater level of skill must use that higher skill in carrying out the trustee’s duties.
    10. Investigations. A director has a duty to investigate warnings or reports of officer or employee theft or mismanagement. In some situations a director may have to report misconduct to the appropriate authorities, such as the police or the Attorney General. Where appropriate, a director should consult an attorney or other professional for assistance.
    Traditionally, directors have an absolute duty of complete, undivided loyalty to the organization. This means that directors should avoid using their position or the organization’s assets in a way which would result in pecuniary or monetary gain for them or for any member of their family. A director should put the good of the organization first and avoid engaging in transactions with the organization from which the director will benefit…… 4. Outside Help. Where appropriate, directors should obtain opinions of legal counsel or accountants.

1. I want it on the record that I am opposed to doing business with Jevin at the present time as the board has not been presented with verifiable documentation about the $8,000.00 + that is said to be missing because of the payment processor, Corduro. I believe the board should have access to the correspondence, financial records, and court records etc. related to this so that we can make an informed decision.
    2. http://www.ntxsoccer.org/assets/pdfs...Point_2011.pdf
    3. I am concerned that GSA as a non-profit did not file charges immediately when the $8,000.00 + dollars was deemed “missing payments.” Our first obligation is loyalty to our organization, GSA. My personal obligations are first loyalty to GSA, second to protect myself by exercising due diligence and acting in “good faith” and lastly in a case like this seeing other organizations and individuals are not harmed by financial fraud.

If Corduro was the reason for missing payments, why did Dan Ptak not file criminal charges immediately? If he is out $50,000.00 as we have been told, then this seems very odd. If he can’t pay GSA the $8,000.00 that he owes us and apparently can’t qualify for a loan, then how is he going to afford a lawsuit that we are told he is going to file against Corduro? Any reputable attorney may want something like $5,000.00 in retainer minimum. A very small suit can run several hundred thousand dollars in legal fees easily. Why this talk of a suit when we have yet to see police reports, complaints to the DA (http://www.tarrantda.com/wp-content/...plaintForm.pdf) or filings with the Attorney General’s Office (https://www.oag.state.tx.us/forms/cpd/form.php)?

The experts I consulted about this privately said law enforcement at all those levels should be involved and that the board would benefit from having an attorney to consult for issues like this. Are we going to seek out some legal help?

With Jevin handling such large amounts of money should they have been bonded and insured?

Other sports management software providers I have looked at do not handle the money at any time. These providers send an invoice as outlined in their policies. I would much rather have money come directly to us from say Chase or PayPal.......

https://siteanalytics.compete.com/jevin.net/

Sorry,
    we do not have Site Profile data for:
    www2.jevin.net
    The site may have little traffic or we may not have a statistically relevant sample to project the traffic with.
    Please visit our Data Methodology page to learn more about how we get our data.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

With this going on and so much more is it any wonder why I am suing?

http://www.realscam.com/f14/heather-...e-soccer-3885/

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It has been said by several who would be in a position to know that GSA seems to be used as a test dummy for the Jevin software. There have been numerous problems that I have observed including but not limited to coaches and kids being swapped on the roster, links on the schedule directing to the wrong team, volunteers showing as referees or other positions they have never held, children showing in the coaches list, parents being double charged and many more.

Directors receive no training of any kind on this software program though Jevin promises it as included in the exorbitant cost on their website. Garland Soccer has been paying a ridiculous $23,000.00 a year give or take for this software until the mysterious discount to compensate for the thousands in "missing payments" temporarily reduced that.

GSA president David Arciniega claims some responsibility for the player pool assignment portion of the software. If so, then why is GSA not being compensated for his work?

Why is Garland Soccer risking our member families' money with this ridiculous deal? Why are those in the know saying the rellllationship between Jevin / Dan Ptak and David Arciniega seems inappropriate?

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jevin claims:
    Jevin takes the security and privacy very seriously. With Jevin's communication module, no one will see another's email address...even when sending the email to an entire group. Jevin is also COPPA compliant.
    BS! What is this?:

Roster of Coaches - powered by Jevin Inc (www.jevin.net)

Really secure and safe data my butt!!!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jevin.net 2004 website:

See what some of Jevin's customers are saying

"The Jevin system has helped us to tame the Monster called the registration process. Jevin has added enhancing features to our website and has allowed our organization to concentrate on our real charge and that is running a successful baseball and softball association."
    - Cal Bostwick
    President
    Frisco Baseball/Softball Association
    "FBSA enrollment has been growing at an exponential rate. This growth was creating a breakdown in communication with our coaches and parents. With Jevin, we have a vehicle which allows us to easily communicate schedule changes, rainouts and upcoming events automatically saving us a lot of time. By offering online registration and posting schedules and standings to the website, our parents have seen the benefits of the system by giving them the information they are looking for."
    - Keith Sumner
    Board Member/Webmaster Frisco Baseball Softball Association

Frisco is just next door to Allen where Jevin is based out of Dan Ptak's home in the Dallas / Forth Worth area.

December 8, 2002 meeting minutes (the public was invited):

Registration – Cal talked with Keith

and is going to get with him with
    concerns and suggestions that need to
    be addressed. Cal entertained that
    questions and suggestions be given to
    him to present to Jevin and Keith.
    Several comments and suggestions were made.
    October 2005 minutes:

FBSA 2006:
    This site is powered by SportsStandings™, a trademark of SportsPilot, Inc. Copyright © 1999-2002 SportsPilot, Inc.
    Bye, bye Jevin hello SportsPilot.

• ©2012 Frisco Baseball & Softball Association / Sport Ngin. All Rights Reserved.

Bye, bye SportsPilot hello Sport Ngin

So much for Jevin taming the monster!!!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jevin steps up to the event management software plate - Boston Business Journal

Dan Ptak saw glaring flaws in the system when he registered his son for Little League baseball. He didn't know it then but the experience became a spark for a niche-market software startup.

"There were so many redundancies and repetitious information required that I felt I could come up with a better product," Ptak said.

Ptak, whose background includes business development in telecommunications, acted on that feeling and started his own company. Formed last year, Jevin Software Inc., located in Allen, now specializes in event-management software and caters to activities of all sizes for athletic leagues, tournaments, charity events and recreational classes.

The program that Jevin created - Score System - was launched late 2001, but is expected to help the company generate close to $1 million by March, Ptak said. The payback is based on a percentage of registration fees. Jevin gets 10 percent of registration fees - which vary by events and organizations - for every application processed through its software, Ptak said.

The local amateur sports and recreation market generates about $20 million per year in registration fees, according to Ptak. The name of the company is based on the names of Ptak's sons - Jeff and Kevin, he said.
    "Most recently, Jevin will roll out a program it contracted with the Frisco Baseball and Softball Association," Ptak said. The association has at least 1,500 members. Those members are all students that are 5 to 14 years old.

The Score System allows registrants to sign up online for events, and administrators, of say a league, to conduct their events, he said. The software is written in Perl and has a SQL server. Access is granted through the company's site and allows access to members through their browsers. Specific price of the product was not disclosed..........
    Frisco came and Frisco went!

At about the same time we have Got Soccer coming into the market:
    #1 in Tournament Software

What do 44 of the top 50 youth soccer tournaments (90%) have in common? They use GotSoccer software. More than 1,000 tournaments use our software. Make it easy on your teams. We process over 120,000 teams applications each year. That means teams know our process. Ours is the easiest product to change too

#1 in League Software

GotSoccer software is the backbone for more than 700 youth soccer leagues. Our biggest leagues schedules more than 8,000 games for as many as 1,300 teams. Other leagues have as few as a dozen teams. Our league software is probably even more robust than our tournament software because leagues need more features.

#1 in Rankings Software

GotSoccer ranks over 40,000 teams. We add almost a million scores to our historical database every year. Parents and players spend millions of hours looking at our rankings. Fully integrate your event into our ranking system.

Software Updates and Releases
    The GotSoccer Tournament module, then called the "Soccer Scheduler" was first released in early 2004 - our first software product for the soccer market. We were in our infancy, with a staff of two and known primarily for an set of rowdy forums and our team rankings.

Now GotSoccer is the busiest soccer on website in the USA - this Memorial Day Sunday we had 1.29 million page views, over 1,000 page views per minute! Our traffic dwarfs that of any other youth soccer site on the web. GotSoccer provides software for every facet of the soccer market - tournament, leagues, club registration and management, state software, college recruiting, referee scheduling and facility management as well as rankings that set the standard used by over 1000 tournaments and leagues for seeding. Our staff has grown to 15.
    GotSoccer Club Directory Got Soccer show 339 clubs compared to maybe 74 I found buried in lots of old sites and misdirected links on a search on Google for Jevin. And, we know Jevin couldn't pay Garland Soccer the 8 grand owed or get a loan to cover that amount. So, GotSoccer is growing and on fire and Jevin a nightmare to deal with.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

so how is the suit going? any reaction? how did the board respond to your letter? Any interest by the local media?

13. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have had bites from the media. The coaches that are in the know are ready for North Texas to clean house! I have no problem speaking out. Transparency going forward is a must!

Love some Bunny! I do!

15. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been following thread as well....unbelievable!
    I tell you emphatically that this is the END of those evil doers, we must Apprehend and prosecute them accordingly.

17. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Software problems and minor glitches are to be expected. 40,000 e-mails not sent is disastrous for any company or charity. Problems that go on for years and never get addressed continue. Clicking on the master schedule in Jevin still results in numerous redirects to a team other than the one a user has clicked on. And, who can forget parents being placed on teams and kiddies being listed as coaches because Jevin "threw up" again (the technical term the office personnel use.) Heck, Jevin lists me as a referee for 2009. Anyone who has seen me on the fields is falling over laughing at that one!
    -------- Original message --------
    Date:05/10/2014 10:34 (GMT-06:00)
    To: don@garlandsoccer.com
    Cc: "David Arciniega (president@garlandsoccer.com)"
    Subject: RE: Jevin emails

We found the cause of the email blockage to be a corrupt attachment. We manually fixed the attachment and the queued up messages have started to go out. There are about 40K emails waiting to be delivered so we believe that it may take up to 2 hours to before all messages are distributed. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Dan Ptak
    President, Jevin Inc.
    www.jevin.net
    Another director wrote in their board report:
    Still waiting for feedback from Jevin (6 months now) on how to avoid deletion of existing practice reservations when game schedules are created. Asked Gayle to follow up with Jevin again.
    Why does GSA president Arciniega insist on using a software from a company that has paid late numerous times, couldn't pay us over 8 grand owed and came up with all kinds of hinky stories to justify it, and has piss poor customer service?

Love some Bunny! I do!

19. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

At the September 2013 coaches meeting Garland Soccer President, David Arciniega, blindsided the board of directors with the following that was also published in the November letter inviting the coaches to the general meeting:

GSA receives it largest income from the registration fees so all income must match the data in the Jevin System daily. Jevin/online provider owed GSA $8,061 (in June 2013) which was paid in full to GSA as of August 20th. To compensate GSA for this delay, Jevin will lower its rates resulting in additional revenue for GSA. Litigation is on-going between the online provider and Jevin so additional information may not be divulged per the North Texas lawyers.
    Jevin says of Corduro:

“Our funds were taking over 30 days to settle. Once we switched to Corduro, our payments now settle the next business day. The improvements to our cash flow have been dramatic. Thanks, Corduro!” ~ Jevin
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2013 8:29 AM
    To: 'David Arciniega'
    Cc: Angela Bowen-Hearn (U8 Boys Director); Crystal Martin (U6 Boys Director); Darcy Quintana (Publicity and Awards); Don Shell (Major League Director); Don Starkey (Facilities Director); Heather Dobrott (U6 Girls Director); Kathleen Robinson (Special Events); Kim Verity (Vice President); Piney Burch-Walser (U10 Director); Rachel Beltran (U12 Director); Robert Mayfield (Referee Director); Sam Perry (GSA Treasurer); Terry Walser (U8 Girls Director)
    Subject: Response to recent email

Board Members,

I am sure all of you received an email indicating that a police report was filed in July alleging theft.
    The Garland Police Department did contact me shortly after the claim was submitted and I was questioned on the matter.
    The detective in charge of this case closed it and stated the allegations were unfounded.
    I will share more details during the August Board meeting.

Regards,

David A. Arciniega
    Open Records Request from Police Report:
    The police had to go to the president of Garland Soccer to request documentation. He provided nothing. David Arciniega said:
    no theft has taken place against the association. He advised me (the detective) that there was an error in processing of the payments between Corduro and Jevin but that the issue has been taken care of with the Executive Committee Report between Jevin and the board. This case will be unfounded.
    Then why did David Arciniega tell the board that in actuality there was a total of $50,000.00 missing including the 8 grand due to GSA and numerous other sports organizations and charities that were effected. Arciniega then handed the coaches that BS story about ongoing litigation. None of that was true.

His story to the police that there was a simple little error in processing wouldn't be a precursor to this huge lawsuit Arciniega claimed was a huge secret and couldn't be discussed. It couldn't be discussed because it didn't exist. I demanded documentation for the board on what the North Texas attorneys advised and once again the board was kept in the dark. Arciniega is the one who convinced the police there was nothing wrong and not the other way around. Arciniega wasn't about to turn over a shred of documentation to the police as he has an interesting relationship with Jevin.

Lies and subterfuge. The board and members of Garland Soccer never got a shred of documentation which clearly is not in accordance with what state laws says about running not for profit charities. David Arciniega needs to be held accountable for this chicanery. It is time for transparency! The veil of secrecy must be lifted!

Love some Bunny! I do!

21. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jevin has numerous garbage redirects. All these links go to Coppell:

North Texas Baseball Alliance Login - Jevin

www.jevin.net/jevin/login.pl?OrgId=91

In order to safeguard your information, each registrant must have his/her own login id and password. If you previously participated in North Texas Baseball .
    Bixby Youth Baseball Login - Jevin

www.jevin.net/jevin/login.pl?OrgId=97;Coach=Yes

Each coach must have his/her own login id and password which must be different from the participants login information. Please create a coach account by ...
    Rowlett Youth Soccer Association Scheduling Tool ... - Jevin

www.jevin.net/jevin/schedule.pl?FirstTime=No;PassThru...1;...

U14 Girls, 09/08/2007, 8:00 AM Final, Rowlett 4, Stars94 (7), Wylie Pumas (0) .... If you use Microsoft Outlook, you can import this Rowlett Youth Soccer Association schedule into your calendar in ... Color printing note for Internet Explorer users ...
    These fine folks are using GotSoccer.

Harney Little League Login - Jevin

www.jevin.net/jevin/login.pl?OrgId=85
    In order to safeguard your information, each registrant must have his/her own login id and password. If you previously participated in Harney Little League, you ...

Burleson Youth Association Login - Jevin

www.jevin.net/jevin/login.pl?OrgId=24

In order to safeguard your information, each registrant must have his/her own login id and password. If you previously participated in Burleson Youth Association ..
    Dallas Baptist University IM Login - Jevin

www.jevin.net/jevin/login.pl?OrgId=41

In order to safeguard your information, each registrant must have his/her own login id and password. If you previously participated in Dallas Baptist University IM, ...
    Western Kansas Football League Login - Jevin

www.jevin.net/jevin/login.pl?OrgId=48

Please refer to Western Kansas Football League website www.wkfl.com, or contact the: Western Kansas Football League at 785-625-3758 or mark@wkfl.net ...
    Canyon Lake Little League Login - Jevin

www.jevin.net/jevin/login.pl?OrgId=87

In order to safeguard your information, each registrant must have his/her own login id and password. If you previously participated in Canyon Lake Little League, ...
    Laramie Soccer Association Login - Jevin

www.jevin.net/jevin/login.pl?OrgId=42

In order to safeguard your information, each registrant must have his/her own login id and password. If you previously participated in Laramie Soccer Association ...
    Laramie is now using bonzi.

Jevin is pure junk! They all redirect to this:

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wylie Youth Soccer Association Login - Jevin

www.jevin.net/jevin/login.pl?OrgId=63
    In order to safeguard your information, each registrant must have his/her own login id and password. If you previously participated in Wylie Youth Soccer ...

Wylie misdirects to that same Coppell link above as well. Big Surprise they have bailed to GotSoccer as that is what virtually every other association under the North State Texas Soccer Association is using. Jevin is a joke!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I took the liberty of contacting every organization that currently uses or formerly used Jevin that I could find with an exhaustive Google search. I want answers about the many claims Garland Soccer Association David Arciniega made. What other organizations and/or charities were involved in the total of $50,000.00 in losses as claimed by David Arciniega? What other organizations were told about the fictitious lawsuit that Arciniega brayed about publicly to the GSA members and published in the coaches' letter? Did other boards actually demand and get real documentation on this issue when GSA got none?

GSA is a 501 c 3 charity and its president should have been shown the door years ago because of the lies and secrecy that shroud this youth sports organization.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for reaching out to me. I would be happy to answer your question.

Our experience with Jevin has been nothing but great. There are a few items in the software that we would like to change, but I don't know of any software that doesn't have items that don't work exactly like you would want them too as all organizations are so vastly different in how they form teams and manage their rosters.

However, any time we have had questions they have always been right there to answer them. I have had two or more online teleconferences with them so they could walk me through things and help me figure out how to do what I needed to do.

As for our money, it has always been deposited exactly when we would expect it. There has only been one deposit, that I know of that was ever not deposited on time. The deposit was missed in February of 2014, before I became treasurer, and I didn't discover it until November of 2014 when I got the books from the old treasurer and I was looking back to try to balance out the checkbooks.

I contacted support and Dan Ptak and within a couple of weeks we had our money. They didn't have to do that. They could have easily told us the money left their bank and we didn't catch that it didn't hit our bank account and we were out of luck. But they didn't. They worked with me and they got us our money even though I was 9 months late in noticing the missing deposit. (Most banks only give you 30 - 60 days).

We have, and will continue to, recommend Jevin to all the leagues in our area as a great software provider. What it sounds like to me is that Mr. Arciniega has embezzled a lot of money from GSA and instead of taking the fall for it he is trying to blame Jevin.

If you have the bank statements and administrator access to the Jevin account I can easily show you how to prove which happened so you will know for sure. There is a report in Jevin that shows all money collected and all the funds say Jevin when they are deposited into the bank account.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://www.realscam.com/f14/heather-...html#post86988

Corruption at the very top and bottom of soccer. Time for a full investigation into David Arciniega and his secretive organization.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jevin users say:
    We have tried a few systems and Jevin seems to be the best, resolves and does the most, reduces paper, communicated, reminds, Keeps records do we don't have to keep asking, etc.
    All issues have been resolved satisfactorily. Not too many. Less than previous,ie active, league one
    Be happy to talk.
    Regards,
    Heather,

No problems here.

thanks
    Hi Heather,

*%(^& has had a few glitches, and some slow payments with Jevin but never have payments been delayed more than 2 weeks. Our president and treasurer start to send emails when they see things extending and they always push through what we need.
    Not one organization has responded that they were part of the $50,000.00 David Arciniega claimed was missing due to the payment processor. None mentioned being told of the fictional litigation David Arciniega spoke to the GSA members about. What say you, Arciniega???

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Another association treasurer cautions:
    As a 501(c)(3) organization, the president, treasurer and office administrator should have a full disclosure policy. (i.e. any member of the board, should, at any time, be able to see all bank statements and any other financial records).

Under reports in Jevin you can see the bank reconciliation and that is where you would be able to tell what the percentage is that Jevin charges. Their fee is actually 8% and has been for some time. The 10% could be a cover up for ...... siphoning off funds. If there was supposed to be $10,000 deposited and Jevin took 8%, what would go into your bank account would be $9,200......

It is dangerous to not require the bank statements to always be open and available to the full board at any time. Our little league has a book that is passed around at every meeting. It has the financials, the bank statements and copies of all checks written with receipts. If at any point, any member of my board were to question something it would be my responsibility to be able to prove out every number on that financial statement.

Since you are no longer on the board, it would need to be a current board member but at some point the board should make a vote that forces his hand, so to speak, and requires him to give you copies of the bank statements. If you compare those to the Jevin report you can easily see what has been deposited and what should have been deposited.
    Why was that much smaller entity paying 8% for years when GSA which is larger(but shrinking rapidly) was paying 10% for all these years before the "missing payments" debacle???

The GSA board always gets a report monthly from the treasurer, but has never been allowed to see any documentation on anything. How about those financial records, e-mails from Jevin, information from the North Texas lawyers that Arciniega claims told him to keep the information about the lawsuit secret from the board and coaches. Arciniega should be forced to turn over all the documentation on that lawsuit he bragged to the coaches about being ongoing that turned out to be fictitious. Let's have the documentation on the total of $50,000.00 he said was not paid to Jevin by the payment processor.

The office is off limits and the office personnel will always cut board members off and tell us they will have to ask Arciniega. Requests to Arciniega for information needed by the board to run the association properly are routinely denied. GSA is a youth sports / 501 c 3 charitable organization, so what is the big secret that Arciniega is keeping???

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4221pc.pdf
    …….Supporting Documents

Organization transactions such as contributions, purchases, sales, and payroll will generate supporting documents. These documents — grant applications and awards, sales slips, paid bills, invoices, receipts, deposit slips, and canceled checks — contain information to be recorded in accounting records. It is important to keep these documents because they support the entries in books and the entries on tax and information returns. Public charities should keep supporting documents organized by year and type of receipt or expense. Also, keep records
    in a safe place……..

Mission Statement and Organizational Documents

The IRS encourages every charity to adopt, establish and regularly review a mission statement to explain the organization’s purposes and guide its work. Significant changes in your organizational documents should be reported to the IRS, as noted below.

Governing Body

An active and engaged board is important to the success of a public charity and compliance with the tax law. A governing board should be composed of persons who are informed and active in overseeing a charity’s operations and finances. To guard against insider transactions that could result in misuse of charitable assets, the governing board should include independent members and should not be dominated by employees or others who are not independent because of business or family relationships.

Governance and Management Policies

Although the Internal Revenue Code does not require charities to have particular governance and management polices, the IRS does encourage boards of charities to consider whether the implementation of policies relating to executive compensation, conflicts of interest, investments, fundraising, documentation of governance
    decisions, document retention, and whistleblower claims may be necessary and appropriate.
    Further, if a public charity has chapters or affiliates, it is encouraged to have procedures or policies in place to ensure consistency in operations.

Financial Statements and Information Reporting

Board members are encouraged to regularly review the organization’s financial statements and information returns, and consider whether an independent auditor is appropriate.

Transparency

Public charities are encouraged to adopt and monitor procedures to ensure that information about their mission, activities, finance and governance is made publicly available. Go to Tax Information for Charities & Other Non-Profits for more information about governance……

What Disclosures are Required?

There are a number of disclosure requirements for public charities. Detailed information on federal tax law disclosure requirements for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations can be found in Publication 557, Tax Exempt

Status for Your Organization

on the IRS Charities and Nonprofits Web site at Tax Information for Charities & Other Non-Profits.

Public Inspection of Annual Returns and Exemption Applications

A public charity must make the following documents available for public inspection and copying upon request and without charge (except for a reasonable charge for copying). The IRS also makes these documents available for public inspection and copying. A public charity may place reasonable restrictions on the time, place, and manner of in person inspection and copying, and may charge a reasonable fee for providing copies. It can charge no more for the copies than the per page rate the IRS charges for providing copies. See IRS Freedom of Information for
    current IRS copying fees. Although the IRS charges no fee for the first 100 pages, the organization can charge a fee for all copies. The organization can also charge the actual postage costs it pays to provide copies. A tax-exempt organization does not have to comply with individual requests for copies if it makes the documents
    widely available. This can be done by posting the documents on a readily accessible Web site.
    For details on disclosure rules and procedures for public charities, see Life Cycle of a Public Charity
    and the instructions to Forms 990 and 1023 at Tax Information for Charities & Other Non-Profits.
    Because certain forms, by law, must be made publicly available by the IRS and the filer, do not include any personal identifying information, such as social security numbers not required by the IRS, on these forms.

Exemption Application –
    A public charity must make available for public inspection its exemption application, Form 1023, Application for Recognition of Exemption Under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, along with each of the following documents:

all documents submitted with Form 1023;

all documents the IRS requires the organization to submit in support
    of its application; and,

the exemption ruling letter issued by the IRS.

Annual Information Return –
    A public charity must make available for public
    inspection its annual information return (Form 990 series) with schedules, attachments, and supporting documents filed with the IRS. However, a public charity that files a Form 990 or Form 990-EZ does not have to disclose the names and addresses of contributors listed on Schedule B. All other information, including the amount of contributions, the description of noncash contributions, and any other information provided will be open to public inspection unless it clearly identifies the contributor.

Note:
    If an organization files a copy of Form 990 or Form 990-EZ, and attachments, with any state, it should not include its Schedule B in the attachments for the state, unless a schedule of contributors is specifically required by the state. States that do not require the information might inadvertently make the schedule available for public inspection along with the rest of the Form 990 or Form 990-EZ.
    Certain information may be withheld from public inspection. A return must be made available for a period of three years from the date the return is required to be filed or is actually filed, whichever is later.
    Form 990-T –
    A public charity must make Form 990-T available for the three years beginning on the last day (including extensions) for filing the return. Schedules, attachments and supporting documents filed with Form 990-T that do not relate to unrelated business income tax are not required to be made available. Read Notice 2007-45 and Notice 2008-49 at Internal Revenue Service for interim guidance regarding how the returns are to be made public. See Announcement 2008-21 for procedures the public may use to request a 501(c)(3) organization’s Form 990-T
    from the IRS.

Public Inspection and Disclosure Procedures –

A public charity may place reasonable restrictions on the time, place, and manner of in-person inspection and
    copying, and may charge a reasonable fee for providing copies. It can charge no more for the copies than the per page rate the IRS charges for providing copies.
    A tax-exempt organization does not have to comply with individual requests for copies if it makes the documents widely available. This can be done by posting the documents on a readily accessible Web site. For details on disclosure rules and procedures for 501(c)(3) organizations, see the Life Cycle of a Public Charity and the instructions to Forms 990, 990-T and 1023 at
    Tax Information for Charities & Other Non-Profits.
    All publicly-available information may be obtained from the IRS for a fee by using Form 4506-A,
    Request for Public Inspection or Copy of Exempt or Political Organization IRS Form.
    An organization may obtain a complete copy of its own application by filing Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return.

PENALTIES

Penalties apply to responsible persons of a tax-exempt organization who fail to provide the documents as
    required. A penalty of $20 per day may apply for as long as the failure continues. A $10,000 maximum penalty
    applies to a failure to provide an information return; no maximum penalty applies to application requests.
    Transparency is to be expected of public charities like Garland Soccer. Why the secrecy and refusal of David Arciniega to provide these and other pertinent documents to the directors and members???

US Youth And North Texas State Soccer need to lose their non-profit status as they are not investigating and cleaning up this corrupt local association under their own charity umbrella.

Love some Bunny! I do!