LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Property Wikia - fraud on so many levels

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Property Wikia - fraud on so many levels

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

ALMOST, BUT NOT QUITE:

Post Thanks / Like

Well, you'll never get rid of spambots. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    Well, you'll never get rid of spambots. lol
    And judging by Alexa's regional traffic rankings, vis-a-vis PW's claimed per-country property listings figures, most of the residual dribble of traffic is generated by the fraudsters themselves as they sit on their fannies in their Czech Republic hideout fiddling with their big stripey lie of a website...

Propertywikia.com’s Regional Traffic Ranks
    (with added listings per country claimed on PropertyWikia site)
    Country
    Rank
    Listings
    Czech Republic
    United Kingdom
    United States

Wonder what the weather's like in Prague... if they're still mourning for the loss of their heroic leader?

Must confess... with the scam blown wide open, affiliate's pockets no longer being picked of fees, and not a snowball's chance in Hell of any payouts, I'm wondering why they're bothering to fiddle with their site at all. Why haven't they simply cut and run with their filthy lucre? I thought they'd've disappeared by New Year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Diligent
    Must confess... with the scam blown wide open, affiliate's pockets no longer being picked of fees, and not a snowball's chance in Hell of any payouts, I'm wondering why they're bothering to fiddle with their site at all. Why haven't they simply cut and run with their filthy lucre? I thought they'd've disappeared by New Year.
    Any reasonably proficient teenager armed with a laptop and a wifi connection could keep this scam running on autopilot for as long as he/she likes.

Might as well hang around for the extra few "affiliate" dollars probably still trickling into their accounts, I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    Any reasonably proficient teenager armed with a laptop and a wifi connection could keep this scam running on autopilot for as long as he/she likes.

Might as well hang around for the extra few "affiliate" dollars probably still trickling into their accounts, I suppose.
    Yes, that would make sense... IF they were still taking fees. The evidence is, they're not; this is the message anyone attempting to register gets: Cash Wikia.

Also, some new information came to light a few days ago...

An affiiate reported in the main group Skype room that they'd applied to AlertPay for a refund, to be told that they [AP] would authorise the refund but they couldn't actually pay it because there were insufficient funds in the PW account. The affiliate said he told AP there's a suspected scam going on and they let slip in an email to him: "...the seller's account appears to be inactive as they have not performed any action on their account for some time now. Their balance has also been depleted meaning that even if we have allowed this transaction to be disputed it could not be reversed due to insufficient funds."

So it would appear from all sides, the business is in limbo.

That said, news just in...

The alleged developments (new-look website in various languages, new video testimonials etc.) that were promised for 19th December but postponed to 21st January, we're now informed have been delayed for "approx. 10-14 days". Which means early February.

You know, I have a funny feeling they might actualy make token payouts, due Jan 31, to a handful of affiliates like Terry Cuthbert and the aforementioned 'C.S., who've curiously had listings released from Security Check failure. (They'll deny the vast majority their dues, of course.) But to what end when the whole business is a dead scam walking; why not just leg it with the loot?

Hmmm... the plot thickens.

But then we know only too well how thickly (and for how long) they plotted this whole 3iCatalyst/PropertyWikia fraud.

It ain't over, yet.

Post Thanks / Like

It's been a week since my last update, and my suspicion still holds: PropertyWikia are going to make a token payout to just a few affiliates on carefully selected listings... and deny everyone else their dues.

Let's check out the latest stats on Alexa:

So we have a (surprising) +40% change in 7-day Reach and significant changes in Regional Traffic Ranks. Let's compare the current Regional Traffic Ranks figures to those from a week ago:

Country
    Rank
    (Jan 17)
    Rank
    (Jan 23)
    Property
    Listings
    Czech Republic
    10,719 (+3,731)
    United Kingdom
    19,462 (-2,022)
    United States
    214,968 (-80,137)

Traffic from the UK is down, and from the USA, significantly down. Only what you'd expect, now that even the most naive of the faithful are waking up to the truth — 3iCatalyst/PropertyWikia is just one big heist from start to finish — and deserting the site.

But look at that huge jump in traffic from the Czech Republic! Doubtless that's all thanks to PropertyWikia themselves as they beaver away on the site from their hidey-hole over there, making sure that every one of the thousands of listings they want to fail the bogus Security Checks show up as failed, if not completely delisted.

In other words, our lying, cheating Czechs are making absolutely sure...

...the fix is in!

Post Thanks / Like

M(very)HO, most of the (rapidly decreasing) number of Property Wikia site visitors will be affiliates who signed up 3 or 4 months back during the Property Wikia glory days and whose promised payments are now becoming due.

There is little or no new Property Wikia related movement on the 'net these days and even our erstwhile friend, Terry Cuthbert is conspicuous by his absence.

Julie Diligents' token payouts theory notwithstanding, it would certainly appear most of the damage has been done and it's all over, bar the shouting for the Property Wikia fraud.

Well, "all over" that is, at least until the shadowy figures behind it all regroup and hatch a new plan.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, "all over" that is, at least until the shadowy figures behind it all regroup and hatch a new plan.
    Hopefully, not before their real identities have been dragged out from the shadows and plastered over every whistleblower forum. Or, better still, not before they've had plenty of time to rue the day the old plan came unstuck... from their jail cells.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Diligent View Post
    Hopefully, not before their real identities have been dragged out from the shadows and plastered over every whistleblower forum. Or, better still, not before they've had plenty of time to rue the day the old plan came unstuck... from their jail cells.
    Couldn't agree more.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

And as this week's Alexa Regional Traffic Rank figures give away...

...our dishonoured Czechs are just accelerating their fiddling with the website... redoubling efforts to ensure the fix is in... while even more visitors quit:

Country
    Rank
    (Jan 17)
    Rank
    (Jan 23)
    Rank
    (Jan 30)
    Property
    Listings
    Czech Republic
    10,719 (+3,731)
    6,487 (+4,232)
    United Kingdom
    19,462 (-2,022)
    20,299 (-837)
    United States
    214,968 (-80,137)
    263,388 (-48,420)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Julie Diligent; 01-30-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

You saw it here first, folks.

Look closely as the Property Wikia fraudsters commit financial suicide by removing the last incentive for property owners to become involved with this band of Eastern European criminals:

http://www.propertywikia.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is only fair to point out that it was 'expired' the day it was written. Lest someone get the idea it ever truly existed to begin with. lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    I think it is only fair to point out that it was 'expired' the day it was written. Lest someone get the idea it ever truly existed to begin with. lol.
    Very true.

Now we have the situation where a fictitious multi million dollar real estate company has put a fictitious expiry date on a fictitious offer it made to its' fictitious 7500 buyers and fictitious 5000 private investors.

Post Thanks / Like

Very true.

Now we have the situation where a fictitious multi million dollar real estate company has put a fictitious expiry date on a fictitious offer it made to its' fictitious 7500 buyers and fictitious 5000 private investors.
    (Hmmm, I seem to detect a developing pattern here but just can't quite put my finger on it!)sarcasm.gif
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laidback View Post
    (Hmmm, I seem to detect a developing pattern here but just can't quite put my finger on it!)
    And you won't be able to.

The "pattern" is an illusion, just like Property Wikia.

It looks like there's something there, but there simply isn't.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the pattern developing in my mind...

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping more along the lines of: 049cf895-ec01-440f-84c3-42a7fac77789.jpg
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

Post Thanks / Like

And the UK was supposed to be the international headquarters of Property Wikia:

http://www.propertywikia.co.uk/

Post Thanks / Like

My, my, my, my, my.

So, after all that hype, it's come down to this now has it ???

Multi million dollar international real estate company to leaflet dropping:

http://www.howtosellpropertyfast.com/leaflet-distribution-jobs/

Post Thanks / Like

My, my, my, my, my.

So, after all that hype, it's come down to this now has it ???

Multi million dollar international real estate company to leaflet dropping:

http://www.howtosellpropertyfast.com/leaflet-distribution-jobs/
    This is not PropertyWikia corporate, LRM, but an enterprising affiliate who set up this highly search-engine-optimised website simply to capture a large volume of traffic. Nothing wrong with that.

Looks like he thought he would capture people searching on "leaflet distribution" and tempt them into joining as affilites, themselves. After all, affiliates were led to believe that leaflet distribution was the promotional method the legendary Jim Portman relied on to generate his £180,000 commission cheque. So this affiliate was doing what he did in good faith.

Turns out, of course, that Jim Portman is just a legend in the minds of our fraudsters... he doesn't exist... and the cheque is as genuine as a 3-dollar bill or, for you older Brits, a 9-bob note.

If I were this affiliate, knowing now that it's a soup-to-nuts con, I'd pull the site down. I wouldn't want my reputation contaminated by association with a bunch of hodwinking wankers.

Hey... just thought of a satisfyingly pejorative new term for low-life con-artists: HOODWANKERS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Diligent View Post
    This is not PropertyWikia corporate, LRM, but an enterprising affiliate who set up this highly search-engine-optimised website simply to capture a large volume of traffic. Nothing wrong with that.

Looks like he thought he would capture people searching on "leaflet distribution" and tempt them into joining as affilites, themselves. After all, affiliates were led to believe that leaflet distribution was the promotional method the legendary Jim Portman relied on to generate his £180,000 commission cheque. So this affiliate was doing what he did in good faith.
    Which is precisely the point.

Who else but a sleazy, fraudulent bunch of scammers would take money from naive, untrained and inexperienced people with stories like the "Jim Portman" crap ??

Which "real" international real estate company do you know would a)encourage b)recommend c)allow itself to be associated with, such recruitment tactics ?

As with all scams and schemes, it is unlikely to be exposed by a single, dramatic expose.

Rather, it will more likely be a stream of seemingly minor "facts" which combine to expose the fraud for what it is.

IM(very)HO, this is just another piece of a much larger and more sinister jigsaw puzzle.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a new promoter from UK promoting something called Cash Wikia. Is it a poor sucker or a new con artist who is promoting this on Scamlandpro. Has anybody any clues about TimMaguire

I could go and visit the man, if he is prepared to talk about Scamland or Cash Wikia.
    Last edited by path2prosperity; 02-14-2012 at 04:03 AM.