LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: Scott Yancey Seminar Reviews

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Scott Yancey Seminar Reviews

Just saw a commercial for a Scott Yancey Seminar. To get people to come they are giving away a tablet computer and some other stuff.

Mixed reviews here:
    What to expect with Scott Yancey?

Waffles At Noon review:

Scott Yancey Seminar Review - wafflesatnoon.com

Interesting comment from Bruce:

"I attended one of these events yesterday in Detroit. Over 200 people in the room. Steve was the presenter and at 1 hr and 30 min into the event they offered the “deal”. Retreat for $1,997. The typical sell starts with valuing it at more and additional costs. Financing deals and spouse/family member attendance for free (normally $997). What completely amazed me was the amount of people in the room who jumped at the opportunity when they offered to refund the $1,997 after you close on your first deal. I think at a minimum half of that room got up to take the deal. That’s $200,000 in 90 min. I have no doubt that most will never complete this program. I don’t know if it’s a scam or MLM or whatever else we can call them today but I would expect a lot more information and course outline before giving up $2,000. All course costs and requirements through to the very end. If you’re that careless with money I doubt you’re the investor type."
    Reviews at Highya:

Scott Yancey Reviews - Is it a Scam or Legit?

Reviewopedia:
    Scott Yancey Reviews - Legit or Scam?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scott Yancey Seminar Reviews

I knew that rang a bell, Flipping Vegas.

Bigger Pockets is a fun site to poke around on to explore real estate investing. Found a thread one night where a slumlord was recommending putting pizza colored carpets in all of your apartments as that was the color they would end up anyway. The discussion if I recall surrounded evaluating an apartment building in a run down section of town that on paper looked like it had a fantastic cap rate. A lot of RE pros of all stripes participate in the discussions.

A brief discussion of Scott Yancey here:

What to expect with Scott Yancey?
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scott Yancey Seminar Reviews

LOL, I am a dummy!!! I just came back to check out the links and realized the first link you listed was to BiggerPockets.

Here are some face saving links since I can't edit and pretend this never happened.

This was a good artilce on another Flipping Star...
    Meet Armando Montelongo: The Home-Flipping Huckster Who'll Make $50M This Year - Forbes

This guys site has been around for years. Gurus hate him, have sued him, and call him jealous which is always a good sign. He does write his own books and newsletters so there is that, but for the $1995 seminar price one could buy a whole slew of books and still have money left over only to decide flipping may not be for them.
    Flipping real estate by John T. Reed

Why "House Flipping" TV Shows Can Be Hazardous to Your Health
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

4. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post