Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cottonwood Creek Baptist Church Allen, TX Pastor John Mark Caton / Tim Darnell Threatened Church Members a Hot Spot????

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cottonwood Creek Baptist Church Allen, TX Pastor John Mark Caton / Tim Darnell Threatened Church Members a Hot Spot????

Wednesday Night

If you are looking for a place to connect with other students, HotSpots is the place to be. During the school year, students meet at area homes for some incredible time together.
    Find Your HotSpots Home!

HotSpot Calendar

Allen/Lovejoy 6th Grade
    Tony and Melissa Fortner
    900 Bandera Ct.
    Allen 75013
    Phone: 972.849.4790

Lovejoy/Allen 6th Grade David and Paige Myers
    2706 Wolf Creek
    Lucas 75002
    Phone: 972.832.3125

McKinney 6th Grade
    Justin and Jennifer Fazier
    7116 Faraday Ln.
    McKinney 75071
    Phone: 972.837.0034

Allen/Lovejoy 7th Grade
    Tim and Cathy Darnell
    1513 Home Park Dr
    Allen 75002
    Phone: 469.667.3213

Lovejoy/Allen 7th Grade
    Matt and Amy Page
    1505 Snider Ct.
    Lucas 75002
    Phone: 214.325.1156

McKinney 7th Grade
    Shannon and Kimberly Lillard
    3015 Normandy Dr.
    McKinney 75070
    Phone: 214.618.3652

Lovejoy/Allen 8th Grade
    Jason and Laurie Lafon
    1919 San carlos Ave
    Allen 75002
    Phone: 972.839.0683

McKinney 8th Grade
    Chris and Renee Schafer
    9905 Old Field Dr.
    McKinney 75070
    Phone: 678.557.9296
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Cottonwood Creek Baptist Church Allen, TX Pastor John Mark Caton / Tim Darnell Threatened Church Members a Hot Spot?

Pastors Caton, Patton and Sandford have been contacted by numerous families about Tim Darnell and his nefarious activities.

He threatened fellow church members at Cottonwood Creek Baptist Church. The McKinney police responded and he was told by the officer and the attorney for the victims to quit threatening people. His statements about this under oath are here on pages 47-50 of the hearing testimony:
    Attachment 201

That family and others harmed by his pyramid scam Advantage Conferences have left the church. http://www.realscam.com/f11/advantag...weinzierl-770/

He fabricated allegations of me stalking and sending him death threats in order to frighten me into silence as he had been told if he made any further threats like the ones he made to the members of Cottonwood Creek Baptist Church that he would face criminal charges from the District Attorneys office. The exact words he wrote and testified under oath to saying are quoted here:
    http://www.realscam.com/f11/jack-wei...r-dobrott-777/

He made accusations of me making many threats to his family in a groundless, harassment suit he filed against me and lost in Summary Judgment in Dallas District Court. Tim Darnell is a very desperate and dangerous man:
    http://www.realscam.com/f11/jack-wei...-judgment-767/

He stole Cottonwood Creek's name to set up a bogus charity he used as a publicity stunt for his pyramid scheme Advantage Conferences that sued the Better Business Bureau and then imploded into chapter 7 bankruptcy.
    http://www.realscam.com/f14/tim-darn...st-church-769/

http://www.realscam.com/f9/advantage...m-darnell-771/

Soapboxmom
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Cottonwood Creek Baptist Church Allen, TX Pastor John Mark Caton / Tim Darnell Threatened Church Members a Hot Spot?

Tim Darnell was removed from the prison ministry in Collin County due to his threats and pyramid scheme promotion.

Tim Darnell and Cathy Darnell have a $97,265.17 tax lien on their home as Tim renounced his citizenship and Texas residency and refused to file returns or pay taxes from 1999-2005. Instead he sent in Affidavits asking questions of the IRS.
    DocDescMain
    http://www.realscam.com/f11/tim-darn...starnater-773/

In addition to that line they each have an $8,000.00 IRS tax lien and are delinquent on their property tax and about to face suit for it yet again.

http://taxpublic.collincountytx.gov/..._039100284.pdf

Listen to the very frightening audio of Tim Darnell suggesting folks imagine a gun held to their families head to get more reps into the business:
    InstantAudioPlayer

One Advantage Conferences rep, a pastor attempted suicide and ended up in the hospital and thrown out of his home by his wife. Another former rep who was left bankrupt and emotionally destroyed succeeded in taking her own life. She was my best friend and we had helped her out financially for years and she had lived with us for months, but she saw no hope of recovering financially after her involvement with Advantage Conferences and Tim Darnell. My family will never recover from that loss.

Why Cottonwood Creek, having all the facts, puts their precious congregation at risk repeatedly I can't imagine. How many more have to be threatened, face financial ruin or much worse??? If I was a parent and discovered my children had knowingly been sent to that home I would be considering drastic action. Does this church not take any reasonable steps to protect the children in its care?

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Safe At Church

Negligent hiring is when a church hires an employee or appoints a volunteer without properly investigating the person’s background or confirming the information provided on their application and it is later discovered that the individual has a background indicating a propensity for misconduct. If the person commits a crime or other inappropriate behavior while acting on behalf of the church, the church could be held liable in a lawsuit. Paul told the Ephesians, “Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.” .....

During the past twenty years misconduct by those participating in church ministry has dramatically increased. As a result, civil lawsuits and negative media attention have also increased. These incidents are devastating to the persons involved, their families, the church, the denomination, and the community. When misconduct occurs, however, church and denominational leaders often fail to deal adequately with the perpetrators.......

we are aware of many situations in which those who provide services at a church, both compensated and volunteer, have committed acts that are inappropriate, sinful, and sometimes even criminal. To complicate matters even more, churches must take a close look at individuals who have committed crimes or other inappropriate behavior prior to conversion. Of course, forgiveness has been granted, but the church has no obligation to place them in leadership positions that will jeopardize the safety of others......

Negligent retention occurs when a church retains employees or volunteers after evidence was discovered that they had committed behavior that otherwise would have excluded them from employment, and they later cause harm or injury to others. Liability is created when the church retains unethical, dangerous, or otherwise unsatisfactory employees or volunteers.
    Many church leaders make the mistake of ignoring problems of behavior exhibited by paid staff and volunteers in the hope they will disappear. Some even become unwitting accomplices by looking the other way, thereby condoning such behavior. Church leaders should make employment decisions based on investigation and logic rather than by “good feelings” and wishful thinking......

The Issue of Liability:
    In our litigious society, businesses as well as churches have a duty to protect the congregation and staff from those who might pose a risk of harm. In addition, the church must also be concerned about the possible consequences of failing to conduct adequate background investigations of individuals they allow to participate in church ministry, again both salaried and volunteer.
    This entails taking proactive steps to protect the public and prevent a successful lawsuit. Whether we like to think about the church in this way or not, the church is, after all, a business, and therefore must be operated utilizing certain business principles.....

Now more than ever before it is important for churches to make a reasonable investigation into the fitness of those they allow to participate in church ministry.

Cottonwood Creek Baptist Church has been warned about Tim Darnell's threats, they know about him stealing the church's name and using it to further his pyramid scheme and they are well aware of his various other harmful schemes as numerous families have come forward and some have left the congregation. The attorney on the Church's board, Curtis Harrison, represented the family in the church that Tim Darnell threatened. I am sure the attorney was well aware of the Affidavit Pastor Scott Sandford signed in order to avoid having the church sued as Tim Darnell stole the name and listed it as the parent organization for his publicity stunt charity.

The church is well aware that he fabricated allegations of me sending him death threats and stalking him. They can also see from this site that Darnell is still running around publishing under his own name making the false claim that I am a "vicious internet blogger" that authors "smear campaigns" that destroyed a "multi-million dollar business". He goes on about me being a "mentally challenged" and "deranged stalker". He sued me in Dallas District court and was never able to provide even on single false statement made by me. He lost in Summary Judgment as his petition was the lie-filled rant of a desperate scammer hoping to silence any legitimate critic. That suit ran tens of thousands of dollars and totally disrupted the lives of my children and husband. His vicious lies about me threatening him put my precious family in danger of retaliation. Why is this very dishonest and dangerous man in a position of leadership again where he can harm more innocent members of Cottonwood Creek???

Officers and Directors

COTTONWOOD CREEK BAPTIST CHURCH

Return to: Taxable Entity Search Results
    Officer and director information on this site is obtained from the most recent Public Information Report (PIR) processed by the Secretary of State (SOS). PIRs filed with annual franchise tax reports are forwarded to the SOS. After processing, the SOS sends the Comptroller an electronic copy of the information, which is displayed on this web site. The information will be updated as changes are received from the SOS.
    You may order a copy of a Public Information Report from open.records@cpa.state.tx.us or Comptroller of Public Accounts, Open Government Division, PO Box 13528, Austin, Texas 78711.

Title: Name and Address: Expiration/Resignation Date:
    TRUSTEE CHARLES HOOKER
    1213 STONEOAK DRIVE
    MCKINNEY , TX 75070
    TRUSTEE CHARLES WILLIAMSON
    805 HILLSIDE DRIVE
    MCKINNEY , TX 75071
    DIRECTOR CURTIS HARRISON
    6150 COASTAL DRIVE
    MCKINNEY , TX 75071
    SECRETARY HOWARD TRAMMELL
    PO BOX 1265
    VAN ALSTYNE , TX 75495
    DIRECTOR JOHN MARK CATON
    340 CAMBRIDGE DRIVE
    FAIRVIEW , TX 75069
    DIRECTOR MIKE HARTLEY
    1338 COMANCHE DRIVE
    ALLEN , TX 75013
    PRESIDENT SCOTT SANFORD
    1507 CROWN POINT ROAD
    MCKINNEY , TX 75070

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://www.protectmychurch.org/Facing the Exposure of Church Legal Liability.pdf

A church can be sued at any time for any reason. Cottonwood Creek Baptist might want to exercise reasonable caution about who they allow in leadership positions and who they allow to be alone with children. With a history of making threats and fabricating criminal allegations in order to frighten and harass people Darnell should have been sent packing long ago!

Don't tell the truth as Tim Darnell will do everything possible to threaten you and frighten you into silence or submission:

Date: Sep 4, 2007 12:57 PM
    Subject: Cease and Desist Offical Notice
    To: Judy Sterling <judy.sterling@gmail.com

2007-09-04

Official Cease and Desist - Judy Sterling

You have bitten the hand that fed you, tried to help you, and totally trusted you, and you obviously have proven that you are not a person that can be trusted whatsoever. You are libeling (that is a major legal offense) the Company and me personally when you spout your poison and negativity to other Reps, Candidates, or anybody for that matter. I want to remind you that the last time this happened, we sued and won a 400K judgment in court; and the case was not nearly as well documented as yours will be. Several of your conversations have been recorded already, and we will put the word out for any and all Reps to record should you call.

If I hear a single other instance of your lambasting me and the Company you will hear from our Attorney, and the results will be very serious. There have been several reports of your slander, gross negativity, and "insider" reports; and you are hereby notified that your actions contain potentially grave consequences. Your slanderous discussions should be something you should not even remotely consider. I will take action and find it nauseating and reprehensible that you could accept checks from this office and harbor all of the darkness and misgivings you have at the same time. How two-faced can you possibly be? You are a user of people, Judy. This is a very serious warning to you about your tongue – it has and will cause you a ton of problems. You had best take this message seriously.

This message is confidential between Tim Darnell and Judy Sterling. The message or comments about this discussion is prohibited from being copied or posted anywhere for any reason whatsoever. Failure to observe non-disclosure of this message will be used as evidence in criminal or civil proceedings.

Blessings,

Tim Darnell
    President
    Advantage Conferences
    Office: 972-727-4995
    1-888-832-7635
    www.AdvantageConferences.com
    www.TimDarnell.org
    http://timdarnell.blogspot.com/

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

txfan
    02-13-2007 08:31 AM

Re: Advantage Conferences BS (Merged)

Originally Posted by VICTIM OF AC
    To all AC Victims:

The Story that had told. Not going to live in FEAR any longer.

My Biggest Mistakes Came When I Forgot My Faith!
    Lowered my standards!
    I was caught off guard getting involved with AC-Tim, Jack and Jim.

What really gets me is this:
    Before the interview, had some words with Jack and he said:
    " If you like I can go over the interview with you before you speak with Tim"
    which I declined.
    After I had the Interview with Tim, I asked him this specific question:
    "Tim is there ANYTHING that would hurt me after I sign up?"
    Tim said "NO"
    I also said to Tim "I am a person that I if someone does me wrong, I will fight for the truth"

After I send in the Money:
    ( BTW the money I sent in were HARD COPY CHECKS and Tim only accepted
    Certified Funds__Credit Card Check__Money Order__Cashier's Check__E-Check__PayPal-
    Payment under $1000.00 only (including The Financing Option) may be paid by Credit Card,please indicate your email address as we will invoice you through PayPal.

I tried to work the program with JWald Pay per Click, Sending Post Cards with Jack etc.
    and received several complaints. I was asked to go to BBB site by a prospect.
    I asked Tim about the Complaint's listed re: Copy Rights, Trademarks etc. on the BBB site and especially being a member of the BBB when none of them were true:

Tim's reply was: "I applied for membership and it is process "
    To me it is like driving a car without a license, get stopped for speeding, the officer stops me asking for my license and I can tell the officer: "Officer I will get my license tomorrow and I am in process of getting my license. OK"

Because I told some of my prospects that AC was a member of the BBB and it was not true, I felt it was wrong I apologized to the most of my prospects and let Tim Darnell know that...

Than I received this email from Tim cc Tim's Attorney
    I felt a threat, I felt that he was taking away my Rights under the first Amendment!

Subj: CEASE AND DESIST FORMAL NOTICE
    Date: 1/19/2006 8:19:59 A.M. Pacific Standard Time
    To:

CC: Jason@txnv.com
    Sent from the Internet (Details)

1/19/2006 9:52:58 AM

To:

This notice serves as official notice to CEASE AND DESIST regarding all libelous statements to anyone whatsoever, and especially Advantage Conferences Reps and/or prospects.

For your own good, you should think very carefully about making, speaking, and/or sending out libelous letters or statements. It only takes one instance of libel to be indicted and the penalties are harsh and severe. By your threat, you have or are planning to send hundreds of letters of libel – a very bad idea. The last person who did that to me was issued a court mandated legal penalty of $405,000.00, the settlement of which they are now paying on a monthly basis for 20 plus years of their life.

If you insist on involving yourself in this type of activity, our Attorneys are poised to uncover the hard evidence of your libel against me personally and against our company, Advantage Conferences, and will act immediately. I advised them of your mental situation and that I have compassion for you personally; but that we are now in a position to not stand for any further ill-advised, adversarial and tortuous interference with our Company.

This is an OFFICIAL NOTICE PUBLISHED ON JANUARY 19, 2006 and will be retained as official documentation for possible court proceedings.

Blessings,

Tim Darnell

President

Advantage Conferences

Office: 972-727-4995

1-888-832-7635

So I did file a complaint with the BBB. Testified under Subpoena for BBB in person NOT via Phone for several hour.

If it only helps one person, I feel I did my job.

My FAITH pulled me through the tough times in World War ll and my FAITH will pull me through again.

My entire life savings was blown on this ridiculous opportunity. I am concerned about my health also. I fully understand that is probably my fault as much as anyone's and I lost my FAITH! and put my full Trust in AC (so called Christian-based Co) and Tim . I do have a lot of support and encouragement every step of the way! Yes I am embarrassed.... but I feel the need to share this disaster with others so that they don't fall for it as well!

I literally cry myself to sleep . I knew then that I had been taken. And I felt worse because I had unknowingly conned a close friend of mine into being AC Rep. She could only afford a one day ticket...I was so sick, I vomited for days because of it. I returned the $500.00 commission I received from her to her and returned Tim's $31.25 to Tim which he also cashed. This alone made me feel that I had a ton of brick had been lifted off my shoulders.

PLEASE people.... beware of this scam. I have lost everything because of this opportunity, along with my poor decision making... my family left me for a while ...until they saw the light.

I feel the need to share this disaster story with others so that they don't fall for it as well!

Then the Houston Press was an eye opener - I was in shock! Thank you Craig!

VOAC

Victim of AC,

I am so sorry for your horrible experience and am so glad you posted it here. So many people are so blinded to just how wicked and evil Tim Darnell is. I would highly encourage you to also contact Tim's pastor at Cottonwood Creek Baptist Church. For some reason, they have also been blinded by his lies and deception up to this point. I do believe however that if more people tell them of their personal experiences, they will finally see him for what he truly is and immediately remove him from his high profile positions in the church (ie. teaching a Bible Study class, singing in the choir...). You can reach them through their web site at www.cottonwoodcreek.org. Unfortunately, he is using these positions to entrap more unsuspecting Christians and it needs to stop.

I would also encourage any other reps out there who have had similar experiences to also contact Tim's pastor. You can be assured that it will be a safe avenue - no fear of Tim's threats of lawsuit. See the one thing Tim does not want is to look bad to his church pastoral staff.

I personally know of others Tim has tried to bully in a similar manner. The wording of your letter is almost identical to another that someone showed me in person. Unfortunately, the one I saw was even more threatening - to the point of being almost criminal. He is nothing more than a criminal bully who needs to be stopped!
    txfan
    02-14-2007 12:55 AM

Re: Advantage Conferences BS (Merged)

Ten years in the conference business?? That's a bold face lie!! Wouldn't that be construed as false advertising and actionable as such. I'm sure he's counting his stint in All-Star, but he can't have it both ways. When fighting the BBB he does not want to be associated with All-Star because they are out of business and it leaves a negative impression on the possible recruit, but for issues of credibility in longevity it's okay? Once again, another example of the master of manipulation and deception at work.

Here's some more passages for you timmy and jack: Matthew 7:15-16 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them..."

I think Victim of AC gave us a great testimony of which kind of fruit tim is bearing!!
    That is the real Tim from one of his many victims.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Proverbs 6:16-19 "There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to Him: haughty eyes (pride), a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."
    Tim Darnell had Cottonwood Creek members as representatives, speakers and employees of Advantage Conferences, his 5th conference / pyramid scam deal. He knew that 98% would lose money and many of them would lose thousands of dollars. He knew when he conned the wealthy members of Cottonwood Creek into speaking at this conferences that he was involving them in a shady business that would cause serious embarassment and harm to them and Cottonwood Creek.

For Darnell, whose own father was a pastor with a church of his own in Nearby Frisco, Cottonwood Creek was apparently nothing more to him than ripe ground for finding speakers and representatives for his latest scam. His threats and lies drove off some of those speakers and representatives. His many threats of litigation against representatives who were sharing the truth would have meant he would be suing fellow church members in more of his bogus groundless harassment suits. He has been involved in all sorts of litigation over the years. He sued me and the Dallas Better Business Bureau over comments about Advantage Conferences. Here is just one example of the many lie-filled threatening e-mails he sent out.

I never stalked him. In fact, I turned myself in to the Allen police and then triumphed in Summary Judgment when this lying, disturbed man filed a frivolous harassment suit against me. Does Cottonwood Creek condone what Tim Darnell is doing? Isn't it painfully obvious that he is extremely dishonest and disturbed as he has been involved in numerous shady deals like this?
    To: soapboxmom@hotmail.com
    Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 01:41:25 -0500

My love to each of you this morning! We are full-steam ahead and anticipate an excellent, exciting conference weekend after next!

See: Titus I:15 “To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny Him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.”

With business, we have wonderful times of fulfillment, fellowship, and reward. We also have times where we have to deal with unsavory situations and even ‘dark’ characters. This communication is for internal use (Advantage Conferences Reps) only. You have a non-disclosure responsibility regarding all postings from corporate to the field. Please read the following carefully.

Many of you are aware that we have faced opposition from loosely organized attackers, people vehemently opposed to our concept and growth – determined to do everything possible to undermine every aspect of our ministry and business. They have anonymously demonized, mischaracterized, and found fault with virtually every single announcement, initiative, and direction we’ve taken, and through a barrage of communications, have been effective in thwarting our efforts to some extent. However, that situation has taken on an interesting and significant development this week.

We are pleased to announce that the identity of one of the most vocal ‘belligerents’ to AC has been uncovered. Operating anonymously, an outspoken individual who has called herself, Soapboxmom, has organized an ongoing, destructive assault on the AC business. She has also assassinated the personas and character of myself and several AC leaders and our families for over two years now with inflammatory, disgusting, always completely negative blogs, messages, and phone calls. She has been identified as a Heather Dobrott from Garland, Texas. This, to say the least, ‘misguided’ woman has been quite vigorous in her attacks, and while I don’t mind disagreement regarding our being a Christ-centered company, how we market, or the validity of our concept, products, opportunity, and compensation structure, etc., her efforts have far exceeded the boundaries of civil discourse. Her opposition has now crossed the line, turning to legal, actionable events.

Here is where you come in. Several Representatives and Mindset Mentors (guest speakers) have been contacted by her. If you have had any contact with this person, you are obligated to provide a complete, comprehensive, and detailed report regarding any aspect of “soapboxmom” contact and/or communication in writing. You will need to send those via e-mail to office@AdvantageConferences.com. Please include dates and the nature and content of her communication(s) with you. While we regret the inconvenience, we are thankful for the opportunity to put a stop to the incessant and vitriolic poison that this woman has spewed over the last two years.

While I have, personally, for the most part, ignored most of her efforts, which have actually included her literal stalking of our homes, my attendance at recreational events, and our public conference events, the time has come to deal decisively with this self-appointed enemy to our company and cause.

Again, I apologize for having to even bring this up, but we can’t ignore these ridiculous assaults any longer. IMPORTANT: your participation is not optional. You are obligated to issue a full report regarding any past, present or future dealings with “soapboxmom” via e-mail, phone, personal meetings, or any type of communication – in detail. I am also compelled to state that withholding, or not fully complying with this request – not reporting any information of this sort could indicate complicity on your part and create further problems for you personally. Even if your involvement has simply been to look up postings on one of the negative blogs, you must report what, when, where, and the effect the postings had on you personally and/or on your Candidates.

Forwarding any internal AC communications to other non-AC parties, other than the Messenger, Company approved public broadcasts, or a generic “ministry oriented” communiqué is strictly prohibited. While this should be understood without an announcement to that effect, forwarding, disclosing, or sending messages that are private to our company, staff, or Representative team is a serious violation of corporate trust and unfortunately could require action against any Representatives who have been engaged in such activity.

On the positive side – let’s make MMC, Number Six, the very best event possible! I am highly encouraged and excited, and I look forward to seeing each of you there. I’ve got a special hug just for you!

Blessings,

Tim Darnell
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That is just one truly hideous exchange between Darnell and one of his victims that lost tens of thousands of dollars promoting Advantage Conferences. Pastor Caton did a sermon series entitled Encounters with Christ. I am sharing the stories of his victims. I guess we should call that Encounters with Satan!

Attachment 279

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is where Cottonwood Creek is likely headed.

Wellington man targeted Christians in scam, state says

Darnell, after stealing the church's name to set up his bogus publicity stunt charity, tried to get Cottonwood Creek involved in his sleazy and bogus stranger owner life insurance program and Advantage Conferences pyramid scheme. He used the church's name to try to extort $10,000,000.00 out of the BBB claiming that if it weren't for their review he would have made $10,000.00 off of his close relationship with his local parish, Cottonwood Creek. The BBB didn't pay him a dime. They spent tens of thousands of dollars defending that frivolous suit based on a lie-filled petition. The BBB won in Summary Judgment and emptied out Advantage Conferences bank account leaving to the tune of $10,000.00 leaving it only $500.00 in May 2007.

Tim Darnell will use and abuse Cottonwood Creek and its members and drag them all into his nefarious schemes and groundless lawsuits for eternity if the leadership doesn't take decisive action. What kind of leadership would allow someone like Darnell to continue threatening people, defrauding church members and peddling his scams to the vulnerable and trusting Christian membership. The congregation has a right to know precisely what he has been up to and why the church's leadership is not taking decisive action to protect its flock.

Pages 19, 28-29 of the attached Affidavit by Darnell mention Cottonwood Creek. Church member Gregg P., who lost thousands in that scam has his name all over that lie filled lunatic rant as well. That Affidavit was one of many Tim Darnell filed in his losing suit against the BBB. The BBB claimed in its Summary Judgment motion that was granted in all respects that the evidence that Advantage Conferences was a pyramid scheme was overwhelming. The evidence that Tim Darnell is a serial scammer and a danger to Cottonwood Creek is also overwhelming.

Tim Darnell AFfidavit 2006.pdf

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A curriculum for Hot Spots:

http://www.cottonwoodcreek.org/clientimages/47782/jhigh/copy of j-hi hotspot calendar2011 fall.pdf

So threatening goon and serial scammer Tim Darnell has been once again given a position of authority in that church. I suppose the church wants to get tangled up in horrendously expensive litigation when Tim steals their name again, threatens fellow members again, and / or gets the members involved in yet another sleazy pyramid scam. He has been scamming people since he wrote his first MLM compensation plan. The plan he wrote got United Sciences deemed an illegal pyramid by 3 Attorneys General and he followed that up with participation in numerous other MLM garbage including 5 high dollar conference schemes. Fellow reps in Global Prosperity went to federal prison for tax evasion and he should have been thrown in the pokey right with them!

United Sciences of America

http://www.realscam.com/f11/tim-darn...html#post10571

It is high time the church leadership start acting like men of God and leaders. The flock should follow the good example of the victims and speakers from Cottonwood Creek who left the congregation when they realized the church leaders did not care to look out for the honest trusting members and responded to the numerous crisis situations involving Darnell by sweeping them under the rug. Folks must be kept informed and safe and I will see that the truth is made public here to protect folks.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Church discipline
    There certainly exist potential problems associated with correct church discipline. How would you deal with them?
    Sin the root number one problem of the human race, whether in its regenerate or unregenerate state. In the congregation of the saints, where God commands discipline (in distinction to the world of unbelievers, cf. 1 Corinthians 5:12-13), many problems therefore still arise. Sin complicates matters: God's face is hid from us, and our mutual relationships become tense, artificial and strained, many times even broken.
    I will mention some potential problems within the church context, suggesting how they may be tackled:
    1. A natural problem arises when a sinning member in the church happens to have close friends or even relatives in the same congregation. He would probably attempt to win them over to his side, and elicit their sympathy. The elders should sensitively and carefully approach all concerned and explain that their corrective measures are meant for the sinning member's good, to restore him and bring him to repentance. They should make it obvious that their only desire is the well-being of the whole body, and are not in any sense vindictive or partial......

4. The outcry against discipline in the modern church is, "We are not supposed to judge another." Such an assertion can only be made by people who have an inadequate knowledge of Scripture concerning the matter. The fact of the matter is that if guilt is clearly established (as is always essential), then the person has judged himself. As long as he refuses to repent he continues to pronounce himself guilty. And the church does not determine his judgment, it only pronounces the judgment of Christ, on the basis of His own explicit Word.

5. Another problem is the misconception that discipline is unloving. Actually it is the very opposite, for if anything is harmful and indeed fatal to man, it is his sin. To continue to merely talk with a person who has made his intention to continue in sin clear, is a failure to act biblically. "For this is love that we do his commandments." "Lack of church discipline is to be seen for what it really is - not a loving concern as is hypocritically claimed, but an indifference to the honor of Christ and the welfare of the flock" (G.I.Williamson).

Objections against church discipline.
    1. "The implementation of discipline will cause division in the church."
    Christ has commanded the exercise of loving discipline (Matthew 18; etc.) both for moral and for doctrinal offenses. His word is determinative for the church; the church is not to walk according to pragmatic considerations. Should division result (assuming that the disciplinary steps are taken in a spiritual manner) then that division is not carnal. The church would have been obedient, and Christ's blessing would be upon it.

2. "To discipline someone is to judge someone, we would be guilty of disobeying the Lord's teaching."
    It is not judging; rather it is the recognition that the sinning member has proved himself unworthy of fellowship with the saints; he has judged himself. And as long as he continues unrepentant, the church should make him all the more aware of his guilt...to help him in the way of restoration. If the church is silent she is automatically complacent; indirectly she is approving sin. Paul rebukes the Corinthians for failing to judge (1 Corinthians 5:1,2), and the Lord himself rebukes the local church (Revelation 2:20).
    Let us make it clear that there is a world of difference between the right act of judging (1 Corinthians 5:3,4) and the wrong act of judging (Matthew 7:1-5).

3. "As we are all sinners, how can we judge and condemn another?"
    Admittedly every person, converted or unconverted, is a sinner. But there's a difference between a repentant sinner, contrite in heart and humble in spirit, and a sinner that virtually brags of his sin and does not combat it, mortifying it daily.
    So all those who persist in open sin without repentance, remorse, or desire to change, would be subject for discipline, whoever they may be.
    The church does not condemn anybody. In discipline she only pronounces Christ’s disapproval and judgment upon those who bring this censure upon themselves by persisting in open sin without repentance. For a Christian does not practice sin.

4. "Church discipline seems to be so unloving, especially excommunication. Is it not better to work with the offender, to counsel him and try to lead him gradually out of his sin?"
    Many reject discipline in the name of love. But which kind of love? It is ironic that this rejection is often justified by eloquence over love. When John wrote that we should "love one another," he also wrote: "And this is love, that we walk after his commandments" (2 John 5,6). When properly carried out discipline is a profound display of Christian love. For the Spirit-filled Christian dares not ignore the use of the various forms of discipline wherever they are applicable. Love necessarily challenges sin, for sin is fatal to the soul. A surgeon is not unloving when he operates; his act of removing the cancerous member is praiseworthy. No loving parent watches his wayward child, moving towards disaster, without protest.
    If we look for God's blessing in our churches, it is essential that we conduct ourselves according to his directives. He tells us how to conduct ourselves in the house of God (1 Timothy 3:15). And for this purpose the Scripture is profitable for reproof and rebuke.
    Indeed there should be nouthesia, individual attention to give counsel where needed, but in the case of a person who is progressively becoming fossilized in sin, action should be taken (Galatians 6:1ff). We are not advocating rashness, but on the other hand passivity is not the answer either.
    5. "Does not the phrase "against you" (Matthew 18:15) limit disciplinary action to the one or ones who have been sinned against?"
    Christ speaks thus not without reason, for it is the sinned against member that usually takes (or should take) the initiative.
    Every sin, if persisted in unashamedly, is a sin first of all against Christ and then against his church, as well as against any specific person involved. Therefore, more is at stake than the feelings of the one currently sinned against (cf. Psalms 51:4).

Then what about the case of a Christian sinning against an unbeliever, for instance, defrauding him repeatedly in business? The unbeliever cannot implement Christ's command of discipline. And nobody in the church is being "hurt." If the church comes to know about this, does she not take action? So if we are to limit the phrase "against you" to merely the one sinned against, in such cases nothing can be done. What a shame this would bring upon the name of Christ!
    Comparing Matthew 18:15 with other scriptures we find that in no other text is the right to exercise discipline limited to offended persons. Is the offended one mentioned in Romans 16:17, 1 Corinthians 5, or 2 Thessalonians 3:14?

6. "Why proceed with public censure if the offending member decides to withdraw membership from the local church?"
    All the more should the church proceed with censure, seeing that a man should not be allowed to lessen the judgment against himself for his course of sin by committing another sin (leaving the church without proper cause and becoming a schismatic). Besides, a quiet withdrawal can only be seen as sweeping sin under the carpet. The issue is not solved.
    Again, failure to administer proper discipline is a tacit admission that there is no spiritual power or authority in the act, but simply a breaking of outward ties. It is also seeking peace through compromise rather than obedience. This kind of peace is cheap and unbiblical.

7. "How is the kingdom of heaven shut and opened by Christian discipline?"
    The keys of the kingdom of heaven are the preaching of the holy gospel and Christian discipline. Thus, by their exercise, the kingdom is opened to believers and shut against unbelievers (John 21:23; Matthew 18:15-18).

When, according to the command of Christ, those who, under the name of Christians, maintain doctrines or practices inconsistent therewith, and will not, after having been brotherly admonished, renounce their errors and wicked course of life, are complained of to the church, disciplinary steps should be taken against them, for their own good, the health of the church, and the honor of Christ. Excommunication is the gravest step possible; before this, all due attempts should be taken: for example, admonition, rebuke, even taken two or three others with you as witnesses. Those who remain adamant in their sin are to be considered as publicans (that is, unbelievers) until they reform their lives (repent). This is borne out by such texts as Matthew 18:15; 1 Corionthians 5:12; Matthew 18:15-18; Romans 12:7-10; 1 Corinthians 12:28; 1 Timothy 5:17; 2 Thessalonians 3:14; 2 Corinthians 2:6-11.

In having the kingdom of heaven shut against unbelievers, this does not imply that excommunicated members cannot attend the worship services. It rather means that they are not considered as brothers in Christ. They are not to be treated as enemies. The purpose is their restoration, not their continual alienation. When and if the sinning member repents, then the church is obliged and even has the privilege to welcome him back to the fellowship of saints (2 Corinthians 2:6-8). Thus the kingdom is open for him again.
    When the church acts obediently in these matters, keeping itself (relatively) pure, the blessings of heaven will be upon it, as Christ promised (Matthew 18).

Tim Darnell ran around for years boldly proclaiming that Satan was attacking Advantage Conferences. Advantage Conferences, Tim Darnell and Jack Weinzierl are the embodiment of such evil themselves. So many, good trusting Christians were harmed by this scam and some stepped forward with me to speak out and see others would not be so harmed. When is Cottonwood Creek going to find strong leaders to protect their flock as God commands? How many more people must be threatened, defrauded and harmed before the church leaders start acting like true leaders and men of God? How much longer will Cottonwood Creek stand by while Darnell uses their good name for evil and continues to tangle the church up in his schemes? How much longer will Cottonwood Creek stand by while Darnell continues to falsely accuse me of stalking him and destroying his business. His fabrications put my family in danger. Darnell has driven away so many wonderful people from Cottonwood Creek.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBM
    How many more people must be threatened, defrauded and harmed before the church leaders start acting like true leaders and men of God?
    It is apparent that having the intestinal fortitude to stand up and publicly admit they were wrong does not fit within the Cottonwood Creek Baptist Churches' version of what constitutes desirable Christian behaviour.

Better to hide behind platitudes and their own interpretation of the Bible.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    It is apparent that having the intestinal fortitude to stand up and publicly admit they were wrong does not fit within the Cottonwood Creek Baptist Churches' version of what constitutes desirable Christian behaviour.

Better to hide behind platitudes and their own interpretation of the Bible.
    The church's rug must be the size of the Grand Canyon!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Final Instructions and Greetings to Titus (Titus 3:9-15) | Bible.org - Worlds Largest Bible Study Site
    The Perverted Advocates (vss. 10-11)

3:10 Reject a divisive person after one or two warnings. 3:11 You know that such a person is twisted by sin and is conscious of it himself.
    As with the serpent in Genesis 3, Satan always has his messengers that he uses to perpetuate his lies. They may appear as angels of light or messengers of righteousness, but they are always up to no good (2 Cor. 11:13-15). Eve was deceived because she accepted the serpent’s message even though what she was told contradicted God’s original message. Perhaps she thought he was there to update them on how to interpret the previous revelation from God. The point is simple, however. Not only must we avoid the wrong kind of theological discussions that benefit no one (Tit. 3:9), we must not cater to the false teachers or those who do not abide by the text of Scripture or seek to go beyond the message of the Bible in those things the Bible addresses. By God’s sovereign authority, God placed Adam and Eve in charge of the new creation and its creatures (see Gen. 1:26-28), not Satan who disguised himself behind the serpent (see Heb. 2:6-9). Because of this authority, one word of rejection from them could have sent Satan on his way, but because they listened to his lies and failed to rebuke him, they died spiritually, began to die physically, and came under Satan's authority and power as the new ruler of this world (John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11; 2 Cor. 4:4; Heb. 2:14). Thus, in an abbreviated fashion, Paul gives directions for handling false teachers and those who are caught up with them in their teaching.
    Paul’s instruction for dealing with the false teachers and those attracted to such teaching consists of identifying their character and conduct and then the manner in which they are to be dealt with. They are to be dealt with on an individual and case-by-case basis.
    First, they are identified as divisive. “Divisive” is airetikos, a causative adjective from airesis, which means “a sect, party, school” (Acts 5:17; 15:5), “a dissention, faction” (1 Cor. 11:19; Gal. 5:20), or “an opinion, dogma, heresy” as with “destructive opinions or heresies” (2 Pet. 2:1). Thus, airetikos means “factious, causing divisions, heretical.”192 “In Christianity it seems to have been used technically from the very first, and denotes the ‘adherent of a heresy.’”193
    In complete contrast to its use in cl. Gk. (where it means able to choose), hairetikos is used in biblical Gk. for the adherents of a hairesis, a heretic. In Tit. 3:10 we see the church’s procedure for disciplining heretics, following Matt. 18:15 ff. and 2 Jn. 10.194
    Second, Paul gives the responsibility which is two-fold. This may be an abbreviated form and reference to Matthew 18:15-17 and Luke 17:3.195 They are to be “warned” at least twice. “Warnings” is nouthesia, “admonition, warning, instruction.” Something of the focus of this word may be found in Paul’s instruction to the Thessalonians. One of the shepherding and caring functions of the leaders mentioned in 1 Thessalonians 5:12 is that of admonishing the flock. “Admonish” is noutheteo, the verb form of nouthesia. It means “to admonish, warn, instruct,” but literally it means “to put into the mind.” It might be used of general instruction, but it was often used where there were wrong tendencies that needed correcting as with these false teachers at Crete. It involves a moral appeal to the will, but an appeal aimed at bringing spiritual understanding through biblical instruction and the convicting power of the Spirit. There is a vital difference between biblical admonition from mere protest or reprimand and an admonition that is based on biblical instruction with the goal of correction through spiritual understanding and conviction. While the former is little more than verbal disapproval, the latter works toward reclamation and restoration. A classic illustration of this is Eli the priest. First Samuel 2:24 records Eli’s rebuke or verbal disapproval of the behavior of his degenerate sons, but in 3:13 God rebuked Eli because of his failure to admonish his sons. Interestingly, the Septuagint (the Greek translation of the Hebrew text) uses the imperfect of noutheteo. The imperfect points to a habitual pattern of failure in Eli’s leadership of his sons. He protested and reprimanded, but failed to truly admonish them.
    But what happens when there is no response to the warnings? Then, they are to be rejected. “Reject” is the present imperative of paraiteomai, “to reject, avoid.” In other words, the recalcitrant or rebellious and disobedient person is to be treated as an outsider as the Lord advised in Matthew 18:17. The ultimate goal is that such treatment will bring the person to his senses and to repentance and restoration, but there is nevertheless a note of finality in the reason given in verse 11.
    Third, in verse 11 the apostle gives the reason for the above action. This is found in the character and conduct of such a factious person. The NET Bible has: “You know that such a person is twisted by sin and is conscious of it himself.”
    But literally, as pointed out in the translators’ notes of the NET Bible, the text reads, “knowing that such a person is twisted (perverted) and is sinning, being self-condemned.” “Knowing” is an adverbial participle that points us to the reason or cause for turning away from the factious individual, but the words “such a person” focuses our attention on the issue of character and behavior. “Such a person” represents the adjective toioutos. This adjective lays stress on the degree and quality as described by the context. It means “such as this, of such a kind” whether a thing or a person. A person such as this who is impervious to loving and biblical admonition reveals serious spiritual problems.
    How many times has Darnell been warned? He threatened fellow church members and the church's attorney who represented the victims had to tell Tim to quit making threats and go through him only or expect the District Attorney to get involved. Tim Darnell tried to con the church into particpating in his stranger owned life insurance scam and then used the church's name when he tried to bilk the Dallas Better Business Bureau out of $10,000,000.00 dollars claiming their truthful evaluation of his business kept Cottonwood Creek from purchasing from him. Darnell lured fellow church members into his pyramid scam Advantage Conferences. Many families and individuals came forward to share how they had been harmed by Darnell preaching the false prosperity gospel and defrauding them out of thousands and thousands of dollars. 98% of the representatives lost money. A victim of Darnell's bogus charity which had used the church's name without their blessing or knwoledge came forward and asked for help to recover their losses. Darnell had claimed the charity was 501 c 3 and used his non-existent relationship with the church as the reason the charity had 501 c 3 status. The church submitted an Affidavit to relieve themselves of financial liablility for Darnell's lies and left his victims high and dry. Darnell sued me and in that suit and to this day drags their good name into everything he does using it as an endorsement for his various scams and schemes.

Attachment 204

http://www.realscam.com/f17/tim-darn...entations-781/

When is Cottonwood Creek going to have strong leadership step forward and do what the Bible commands?

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

1 Timothy 5:20

King James Version (KJV)

20Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

2 Corinthians 2:11

New International Version (NIV)

11 in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.

1 Corinthians 5:9-13

9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister[a] but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.
    12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I linked this fact filled thread on the two of the church's Facebook pages. My posts were promptly removed. That suggests the church leadership has no regard whatsoever for the truth. They do not believe their members have a right to the facts about those who are in charge of their precious children. The church has consistently swept everything under the rug. The frightening question that must be asked is what else are they hiding from the congregation? Just how much risk are they exposing the members to? Why won't they honestly and directly respond to this vital information and take appropriate action?

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Since the church knowingly allows Tim Darnell to run loose fleecing the flock, I think the least the church could do is offer an MLM survivor's support group free of charge as they have yet to discipline that threatening scammer and send him packing!

Support Groups

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tim Darnell's name and picture should be added to this video:

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

With Tim Darnell there to threaten and defraud its members this advertisement doesn't seem in the least genuine and sincere. Who would want to be welcomed by Darnell???

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://www.realscam.com/f17/scam-thr...html#post11538

That is just one post from the Scam thread that the scammers got removed, but I wisely archived to protect the public. Numerous victims and even fellow church members spoke out. The church might want to read the words of Darnell and check out the posts made by his scammer-in-chief, Jack Weinzierl using 9 different IDs. This victim said it perfectly on yet another forum exposing this scam:

deepsouth
    Forums Member Joined: 29 Apr 2007
    Reply Quote

[b]Anyone that calls Advantage Conference a great company is a LIAR that caught up in the game.

I am like 90%+ of those that signed up with AC, I lost money. In my case, I lost thousands of dollars.

Advantage Conference people are really very creepy and scary. They know most everyone loses their money but yet they still try to deceive them. I guess it's just to help recover their loses.

Most don't tell you about the thousands of dollars advertising that will be lost for the most part.

Anyone promoting AC should be ashamed.
    Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks to me like the Hot Spot is about to be the Not Spot!!!

http://www.realscam.com/f15/tim-darn...tax-again-921/

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Watch Your Words

Posted on October 19, 2011 by John Mark Caton

The Bible says, “A mean person stirs up conflict, and gossip separates close friends” (Proverbs 16:28). The New York Times recently ran an article about a small town in Missouri called Mountain Grove. Gossip and rumors have always existed in this tight-knit Missouri community. Every morning, the townspeople trade stories at the local diner about the weather, politics, and of course, their neighbors.
    Lately, however, more and more gossip in this small Missouri town has shifted to social media sites where anonymous residents post remarks without giving their real names.
    Sadly, these posts have become increasingly more negative, damaging and simply untrue.
    As one town resident recently put it, the anonymous sites are now a “cesspool of character assassination, damaging friendships, marriages and the town.” Literally, gossip is gutting this small town! What is happening is simply sad.
    David understood the power of controlling your speech when he wrote a prayer in Psalm 141:3 to “Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips.”
    Remember today,what you say really does matter. Don’t be the town gossip. Don’t use your words to tear down but, instead, let your words be true and encouraging. Look for opportunities to edify others.
    Of course, what John Mark Caton doesn't want to address as the senior pastor at Cottonwood Creek Baptist church is that some of the talk going on in his congregation is directly related to absolute horrifying facts about a particular rogue member, Tim Darnell. The church staff wants to sweep anything negative (truthful and sometimes downright Satanic) under the rug.

There are many anonymous posters that are victims of serial scammers like Darnell that are terrified to come forward under their own names. They have neither the money nor emotional fortitude to fight with a threatening goon like Tim Darnell, but they desperately want to see that no one gets hurt like they have. Maybe John Mark needs to write a blog post about how God has called us to share the truth and protect the innocent and trusting who are being defrauded and ruined by the Darnells of the world.

Tim is sure quick to scream about how he encourages everyone on his blogs and then proceed to vilify those that write negative (i.e. truthful) posts. There is nothing negative about sharing the horrific truth if it saves someone from the hell of losing their home, going hungry, drowning in credit card debt, blowing retirement savings and worse. John Mark Caton knows Tim Darnell to be all the things highlighted in the following verse. Why does Cottonwood Creek not do what is truly Biblical and send Darnell packing???

1 Corinthians 5:9-13

9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister[a] but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.
    12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jeana Caton, Social Media Liaison to the Senior Pastor
    Phone: 972.359.7777
    If she is in charge of cleaning up the Cottonwood Creek Baptist Church's reputation online, she has failed miserably. She needs to read the Bible and then do what the Bible commands and cast the evil ones from among the flock! Tim Darnell is still hosting Bible studies with his history of threatening fellow church members, fabricating criminal allegations of being stalked and receiving death threats, defrauding church members with his pyramid scams, using the church's name to promote his scams, bogus charity and life insurance debacle and more. Darnell claimed Satan was attacking his company Advantage Conferences. It is Darnell, Satan on earth, attacking that church and the leadership is nowhere to be found. They knowingly allow this activity to continue and put members in harm's way.

Time for the rest of the flock to join their ex-members to worship elsewhere and if they have been harmed to seek legal counsel. Friday November 18th marked the anniversary of Judy Sterling's suicide. The church leadership knew her. She came to them for help after Tim Darnell tricked her into giving $4,300.00 to his bogus charity. The church knew he had stolen their name, used it in fraudulent filings with the state and falsely claimed 501 c 3 status with it. The church should have helped this desperate woman recover her money. Instead they swept it all under the rug and did not file complaints and reports with the authorities as they should have. They aided the scammer and hung the victim out to dry. There will be an empty chair at our table this Thanksgiving.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Phyllis Webb

Youth Ministry Assistant at Cottonwood Creek BaptistStudied at LsusLives in Leonard, TexasFrom Allen, Texas

Work and Education

Mrs. Webb has an obligation to keep the church members safe. I strongly suggest she screen the families she lists as Hot Spots. I would also demand she make the full honest Christian disclosure to parents. Darnell never should have been put in any leadership position to begin with and the parents whose children are participating have a right to know what kind of people are ministering to their impressionable youth. I certainly would never knowingly place my child into such a home!!!! In fact I might be considering legal action due to the fact that there was not proper screening of the volunteers by Cottonwood Creek if my child had been involved.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBM
    Instead they swept it all under the rug and did not file complaints and reports with the authorities as they should have.
    Oh, I didn't know it was a Catholic church.

Or did they borrow their "sweeping things under the rug" skills from the Catholic church, while remaining Baptist ??
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing