Thanks Thanks:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Scandal / Corruption Garland Soccer Association / US Youth Soccer / North Texas State Soccer / David Arciniega

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Heather Dobrott vs. David Arciniega / Garland Soccer Association / Kimberley Lawrence Verity / North Texas State Soc

Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 1:17 PM
    To: Soapboxmom
    Subject: RE: No Confidence

I have yet to hear from the board/Kim. What do I need to do to have the hearing. It's been 14 days with no action taken.

My next step is looking into legal solutions.
    Lawsuit threats to Garland and NTSSA are no surprise. This coach had lots of support for a No Confidence Petition against David Arciniega. The board blocked it from going to the coaches as it should. Arciniega had his petition refuted item by item before the board, yet when anyone else gets a petition that does not happen. North Texas has been deluged with complaints from Garland coaches and consistently sweeps them under the rug!

The election should oust all the incumbents and whether to stay with North Texas is a question the coaches should be allowed to decide as well!
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Heather Dobrott vs. David Arciniega / Garland Soccer Association / Kimberley Lawrence Verity / North Texas State Soc

Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:48 PM
    To: 'David Arciniega'; 'Kathleen Robinson (Special Events)'
    Cc: 'Piney Burch-Walser'; 'Terry Walser (U8 Girls Director)'; 'Angela Bowen-Hearn (U8 Boys Director)'; crystal.martin.gsa@gmail.com
    Subject: Sidekicks Soccer Camps

All,

Please find linked the Dallas Sidekicks Soccer camp info page I found when reading The Pitch today. I am so thrileed they are back! These camps are indoor and have been held in the past at Soccer Spectrum in Richardson and Inwood in Dallas. My son and his teammates loved these camps. They are 3 hours long each weekday for a week. Current and former Sidekicks lead the camps. Each child gets a ball that is autographed daily by the Sidekicks players that rotate from camp to camp. The kids get a cute t-shirt and a game ticket.

Nick Stavrou was so sweet. My son got sick and missed two days. Nick put him in the next camp and invited him to come for the whole week. It was such a wonderful experience. We parents didn’t have to worry about sunscreen, mosquito spray or oppressive heat. We could sit and watch in the air conditioned snack bars. Soccer heaven!

Dallas Sidekicks Soccer Camp - (Addison, TX) - powered by LeagueLineup.com

If we could work out something with them it would be wonderful!

Thanks,

Heather Dobrott
    U6 Girls Director
    Yet another opportunity the parents and kids would have loved that David Arciniega and the board totally ignored!
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Embattled leaders resign from Md. State Youth Soccer Association | Maryland Daily Record

Embattled leaders resign from Md. State Youth Soccer Association

TRO comes days before national championship in Germantown

By: Danny Jacobs Daily Record Legal Affairs Writer July 16, 2014

ROCKVILLE – The president and secretary of the Maryland State Youth Soccer Association both resigned Wednesday as part of a temporary resolution to a legal battle with executive board members that became public on the eve of the group hosting the most prestigious youth soccer tournament in the country.

Raymond I. Greenberg and Claire Filemyr were also ordered “not to act in any capacity” on behalf of MSYSA, according to a 10-day temporary restraining order, to which their resignation letters were attached.

“The organization is about to put on a large tournament and no one is in charge,” said Judge Robert A. Greenberg (no relation to the defendant) in granting the TRO in Montgomery County Circuit Court.

The U.S. Youth Soccer National Championships will be held next week at the Maryland SoccerPlex in Germantown, with nearly 100 boys’ and girls’ teams from across the country participating.

“It’s important to the organization and the economy of Maryland,” Jacob S. Frenkel, a lawyer for the executive board members, said following the hearing. “This is an opportunity for Maryland to showcase its facilities.”

Greenberg’s lawyer, Mark J. Palumbo of Davis, Upton, Palumbo & Dougherty LLC in Prince Frederick, could not be reached for comment Wednesday afternoon. Filemyr was not present at the hearing and does not have a lawyer listed in court records.
    MSYSA, a Glen Burnie-based nonprofit, promotes youth soccer and oversees 131 member clubs from across the state, allowing them to network and receive coaching education and training, according to their complaint for declaratory and injunctive relief filed last week.
    Greenberg was elected last year to his second consecutive term in office, according to the complaint.

The nine members of the executive board who brought the court action said Greenberg and Filemyr are attempting to “usurp control of the organization” through “cheating, deception and manipulation.”

The plaintiffs accuse Greenberg and Filemyr of holding a secret meeting on June 21 to approve amendments to the MSYSA bylaws which, among other things, would eliminate the three-consecutive-term limit placed on presidents.

Only the executive board can change the bylaws, and the board had already voted in May to oppose the amendments, the complaint says.
    The secret meeting, called “the Parking Lot Cabal” in the lawsuit, allegedly was attended by representatives of just four clubs who were specifically invited to it by Greenberg and Filemyr. The representatives voted to approve the amendments.

Greenberg announced the results of the meeting to all member clubs June 23, the complaint states. The next day, 10 members of the executive board signed on to a letter suspending Greenberg and Filemyr for “gross misconduct,” the complaint states.

“Defendants Greenberg and Filemyr treat the Executive Board — the lawful governing body of MSYSA — as nothing but an advisory body and nuisance that potentate Defendant Greenberg can disregard at his whim,” the complaint states.

Complicating matters, the parking-lot meeting was held in the same location and on the same day, June 21, originally meant for the association’s annual general meeting, the complaint states. But on June 20, the executive board notified all clubs that the general meeting was postponed because of “current circumstances” within the association, the complaint says.

The power struggle and lack of clarity about the annual general meeting led to many outraged member clubs, according to excerpts of emails and letters included in the complaint.

“Can you please advise what is going on within MSYSA?” asked the president of Maryland United FC. “Who is in charge and how is business being conducted?”

“Everyone is talking about the demise of the MSYSA,” said an assistant coach with Soccer Association of Columbia. “Get it together people. You are not searching for disease cures or protect[ing] the country.”

But Frenkel, the plaintiffs’ lawyer, said while it would be easy to view the case as one of “personalities and friction,” it is really about enforcing Maryland corporate law and protecting voting rights of a corporation’s members.

“If anything, this should send a resounding message to the affiliates that the majority of the executive board wants to ensure that every member that wants to be heard will be heard,” said Frenkel, a partner with Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy & Ecker P.A. in Potomac. “The gutsy decision of these directors to stand behind fairness and process is praiseworthy and commendable.”

Kathie Diapoulis, executive director of the Washington Area Girls Soccer League, said the MSYSA had been “very quiet” in the last few months but now she understands it was because of the in-fighting.
    “It’s very sad,” she said. “We are here to provide a good experience to youth players of all ages.”

David Arciniega flouting the by-laws, policies and procedures of GSA and NTSSA and shutting down his member coaches from having any say should see him resigning pronto. The in-fighting for the last several years has been horrific. David Arciniega has treated the board as nothing but an advisory panel and nuisance to his schemes. Directors against his antics will not support him in my lawsuit and GSA is going to publicly implode if North Texas and US Youth Soccer do not follow their bylaws and step in to clean up this mess.

The coaches have been complaining for years about the rigged elections and are beyond fed up with the dishonesty and mismanagement. They will be demanding their voices be heard and North Texas and US Youth Soccer not acting means things may get very ugly and the media will be all over this sordid saga!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

MSYSA Suspension List
    Name: Daniele Menconi
    Position: Parent
    Suspension: From participating/attending in all soccer activities under the jurisdiction of the USSF including games, practices
    Length of Suspension: December 12, 2014 - September 1, 2015
    Reason: Violation of MSYSA Zero Tolerance Policy Against Abuse 12/12/2014

Name: Raymond Greenberg
    Position: Administrator
    Suspension: From participating/attending in all soccer activities under the jurisdiction of the USSF
    Length of Suspension: July 31, 2014 - July 31, 2019 and upon payment of $25,000
    Reason: Deliberate disregard of the MSYSA Articles of Incorporation and the MSYSA Bylaws

Name: Claire Filemyr
    Position: Administrator
    Suspension: From participaitng/attending in all soccer activities under the jurisdiction of the USSF
    Length of Suspension: July 31, 2014 - July 31, 2019 and upon payment of $25,000
    Reason: Deliberate disregard of the MSYSA Articles of Incorporation and the MSYSA Bylaws

Name: Juan Hector Saco
    Position: Coach
    Suspension: From participating/attending in all soccer activities under the jurisdiction of the USSF, including club official duties, refereeing, games, practices.
    Length of Suspension: completion of litigation
    Reason: Defendant in Litigation; US Youth Soccer Bylaw 252 8/11/2011

Name: Roger Repp
    Suspension: From participating/attending in all soccer activities under the jurisdiction of the USSF, including club official duties, refereeing, games, practices.
    Reason: Defendant in Litigation; US Youth Soccer Bylaw 252 4/26/2011

Name: Roger Misael Fernandez
    Reason: Defendant in Litigation; US Youth Soccer Bylaw 252 10/07/2010

Name: Reginald Gipson
    Reason: Defendant in Litigation; US Youth Soccer Bylaw 252 9/01/2010

Name: Lawrence Egerton Wilson
    Suspension: From participating/attending all soccer activities under the jurisdiction of the USSF, including games, practices, and tournaments.
    Length of Suspension: Indefinite
    Reason: Defendant in Litigation; US Youth Soccer Bylaw 252 5/04/2010

Name: Robert Mutchler
    Suspension: From participating/attending all soccer activities under the jurisdiction of the USSF, including games, practices, and tournaments.
    Reason: Defendant in Litigation; US Youth Soccer Bylaw 252 5/04/2010

Name: Chuck Friedel
    Suspension: From participating/attending all soccer activities under the jurisdiction of the USSF, including club official activities, games, practices, and tournaments.
    Reason: Defendant in Litigation; US Youth Soccer Bylaw 252 7/10/2009

Name: Juan Jose Aranguri
    Suspension: From All in the jurisdictions of MSYSA, US Youth Soccer,USSF.
    Reason: Defendant in Litigation; US Youth Soccer Bylaw 252
    8/28/2008

Name: Wayne Fuller
    Suspension: From participating /attending all soccer activities under the jurisdiction of the USSF, including games, practices, and tournaments.
    Length of Suspension: June 1, 2008-June 1, 2009 and upon completion of the Positive Coaching Alliance online Second-Goal Parent Course
    Reason: Abuse of a youth referee 6/18/2008

Name: Akin Akinkoye
    Position: Parent/ Assistant Coach
    Length of Suspension: June 1, 2008- December 1, 2008 and upon completion of the Positive Coaching Alliance Double-Goal I Coach Workshop
    Reason: Abuse of a youth referee 6/18/2008
    Unlike North Texas State Soccer Association, MSYSA follows their by-laws and those of US Youth Soccer. I was suspended for daring to protect the coaches and kids, so I demand David Arciniega be suspended as the rules dictate as well.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

July 17, 2014
    via e-mail
    Members of Maryland State Youth Soccer Association
    c/o Maryland State Youth Soccer Association
    221 Fifth Avenue, SE
    Glen Burnie, MD 21061
    Re: Recent Events of Concern to You at MSYSA and Moving Forward

Dear Members of Maryland State Youth Soccer Association:
    Many members recently have written expressing concern and uncertainty about recent events at the MSYSA, primarily the 2014 annual general membership meeting (known to the membership as the AGM) postponed by the Executive Board, but nevertheless conducted by the organization’s now past-President with only four of 131 member clubs present. Members also have felt that the silence of the organization has left a void of information. And, local media now have reported on a court restraining order entered on Wednesday morning in Montgomery County, part of which includes the resignation of the now past-President and the now former-Secretary of MSYSA. The purpose of this letter is to break that silence and share with you what the majority of your Executive Board has done to restore your confidence in the leadership and direction of the organization. I am going to refer to the majority of your Executive Board as “the Board Majority” because they acted and are acting in your collective interest, and the full Executive Board last night, by majority vote, understood, recognized and acknowledged that the Board Majority filed the litigation acting in the best interests of MSYSA.

The Board Majority retained my law firm and me in connection with recent events that garnered attention from the membership and from observers. These directors, mindful of their duties to all members, rather than the select favored few who were invited to what has come to be known as the “Parking Lot AGM”, recognized that the now past-President and now former-Secretary were engaging in activities that were designed to consolidate and perpetuate their authority and to change the rules governing the organization to benefit a select few clubs. The Board Majority shared your concern about disenfranchising members (depriving members of equal voting rights) and the consolidation of power in the hands of a few. Their silence has not been inaction; instead, the Board Majority sought to take constructive and effective steps to address and remedy swiftly the uncertainty and risk of further damage to the operation and reputation of MSYSA.

On Thursday afternoon, July 10, 2014, acting for and on behalf of the Board Majority, I filed a lawsuit against the now former President of MSYSA and the person who was continuing to hold herself out to be the Secretary, despite her having resigned twice from the Executive Board. In the following days, I filed Motions asking the Court for expedited relief, all of which I will explain in this letter. There were several objectives of the lawsuit. One was for the Court to make clear who comprises the Executive Board – whether the directors and officers in place as of June 20, 2014 and since 2013, or those shoehorned in at the Parking Lot AGM. That determination was to establish who is responsible for governing MSYSA, so decisions can occur with clarity going forward. At the time of filing the lawsuit, the next Executive Board meeting was on Wednesday, July 16, 2014, and the request to the Court was to make the decision about who lawfully comprised the Executive Board before the meeting on the 16th. At the Executive Board meeting, the Board Majority intended to and the full Executive Board did select a date for the previously postponed 2014 AGM. That date is September 14, 2014, and the Executive Board will give proper notice to all of you, the members. The Board Majority is scheduling an AGM of inclusion, not exclusion. And, the 2014 AGM will be conducted according to Maryland law, the Charter and the Bylaws.

Among the relief that the Board Majority sought in the lawsuit was a “declaratory judgment”, meaning that the Board Majority asked the Court to issue a declaration as to the rights of the parties. Specifically, we asked the Court to declare, as a matter of law, that (1) the Parking Lot AGM (which I refer to colloquially in the lawsuit as “the Parking Lot Cabal”) and all decisions made and action taken under its auspices are null, void, and illegal, including the passage of the proxy-voting amendment to the Bylaws and the election of seven directors; (2) the resignation of Defendant Filemyr (the Secretary) on June 9, 2014 or June 18, 2014 was and is effective, and that Filemyr no longer is a member of the Executive Board; and (3) the Board Majority continues to comprise a majority of the members of the Executive Board until such time as a valid annual general membership meeting of MSYSA members can be held and at which there will be proper elections for those directors whose terms are expiring.

The other part of the lawsuit sought what lawyers refer to as “injunctive relief”, that is an order from the Court preventing the defendants (the President and Secretary) from inflicting or continuing to inflict irreparable harm on MSYSA. The Montgomery County Circuit Court entered an Order that had four components, and the following reflects the language of the Order:
    First, the purported meeting of the members of MSYSA held at a parking lot on June 21, 2014 and all decisions made and action taken under its auspices are null, void, and illegal, including the passage of the proxy-voting amendment to the Bylaws and the election of seven directors.
    Second, the Majority Directors, and each of them, and all officers and directors serving in such capacities as of June 20, 2014 continue to comprise a majority of the members of the Executive Board until such time as a valid annual general membership meeting of MSYSA members can be held at which proper elections for those directors whose terms are expiring can be held, except that the resignation of Defendants Greenberg and Filemyr is of full force and effect and Defendants Greenberg and Filemyr shall no longer serve as officers or members of the Executive Board of MSYSA.

Third, Defendants Greenberg and Filemyr be, and each of them hereby is, temporarily restrained from making any decisions or taking any action that are grounded on the decisions made and actions taken at the purported annual general meeting of MSYSA members held on June 21, 2014.
    Fourth, Defendants Greenberg and Filemyr be, and each of them hereby is ordered not to act in any capacity on behalf of MSYSA or hold themselves out to represent themselves to act for MSYSA, including participating in or attending all meetings of MSYSA, until the Executive Board of the MSYSA conducts a meeting to determine specifically what disciplinary action, if any, shall be imposed on Defendants Greenberg and Filemyr pursuant to the applicable provisions of the MSYSA’s charter and bylaws.
    The Board Majority gave plenty of thought and careful consideration to the decision to pursue this course in the interest of the membership. Although this may appear, on its face, to create more disarray, in fact the opposite is true. The quickest and shortest path to eliminating the distractions and perceived turmoil is and was to obtain clarity as to leadership and move aside those whom the Board Majority and others, as alleged in the Complaint, considered to be harming the organization. This litigation was designed entirely to achieve these stated objectives. In fact, from the filing of the lawsuit to entry of the Order, which included the resignation of Defendants Greenberg and Filemyr, the elapsed time was less than six days, including the weekend. That is the opposite of “dysfunction”; that is an example of decisiveness, focus and function.
    I have not attached a copy of the lawsuit to this letter; however, if you would like to receive a copy, as it is a matter of public record, then my office would be pleased to provide one to you via e-mail. MSYSA hopes that you will take comfort in the efforts of the Board Majority to bring order and direction to the organization, and recognize that all organizations at some points experience some turmoil. It is how the leaders respond that distinguishes them and the organizations. The Executive Board meeting of Wednesday, July 16, 2014 returned to a full, open and candid discussion of issues, including final planning for Nationals.
    With Nationals a mere days away, MSYSA hopes that you will volunteer to help make Nationals a success and attend as many of the games as possible at the Soccerplex. The entire Executive Board uniformly and united looks forward to a long, active and successful future in partnership with you, MSYSA’s loyal members.
    Very truly yours,
    Shulman Rogers Gandal Pordy & Ecker, P.A.
    /s/
    JACOB S. FRENKEL
    CHAIR, SECURITIES ENFORCEMENT, WHITE-COLLAR CRIME AND GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS PRACTICE
    jfrenkel@shulmanrogers.com | T 301.230.5214 | F 301.230.2891
    SHULMAN, ROGERS, GANDAL, PORDY & ECKER, P.A.
    12505 PARK POTOMAC AVENUE, 6TH FLOOR, POTOMAC, MD 20854
    == End Letter ==
    We shall see what Garland Soccer board members join my effort. Every coach should be grilling the board on all the allegations made in this lawsuit as the Original Petition and Discovery Requests document the beginning of this thread.

Election after election has been rigged. Proxies have been given out by the referee assignor telling referees who they must vote for. That is how ex-Vice President, Kimberley Verity got in. The president, David Arciniega, has been able to stay in due to proxies. The members should demand the proxy voting be eliminated.

The member coaches have little say in their own organization and are shut down by this president when they try to ask questions or make motions. The court needs to intervene and stop that. David Arciniega is preventing directors from fulfilling their duties under state law.

Coaches should ask about what happened to the "missing payment" of over 8 grand from Jevin. Coaches should ask why President David Arciniega lied about Jevin filing litigation. The coaches deserve an explanation of why GSA is still using Jevin! DAvid Arciniega is not fulfilling his fiduciary responsibility and is preventing the board from doing so.

Why did David Arciniega insist on keeping Publicity and Awards Director Crystal Martin when her husband, Stephen Luke Martin is a registered sex offender who had to drive her everywhere and was handling rosters? What has GSA done in response to our Garland children being raped by Bernardo Mondragon-Guzman.

Coaches should ask why GSA is bringing directors up on charges for children being placed on the same team with their coaching parents by the player pool.

Coaches should ask what is being done about the plummeting numbers. Why are directors being denied documentation necessary to run the association? Why is there a shroud of secrecy around this charity? Why are coaches and the public not welcomed to the board meetings?

It is high time the directors stand up and do what is right and that the member coaches hold them accountable! The kids and the money should be safe!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Judge

My favorite judge ruled in favor of the trustees of the Dallas ISD that demanded rules be followed. GSA should get the same!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A subpoena is a writ issued by a court or other governmental agency having the appropriate authority. A subpoena, which means under penalty in Latin, compels the person served to comply with whatever is requested in the subpoena. If a person is compelled to appear and testify in court or other legal proceeding, they are under a legal obligation to do so. If a subpoena requires that a person produce certain documents or other items, they are legally required to do that as well. Failure to comply with a subpoena is a criminal matter. At a judge's discretion, failure to comply can result in a contempt of court charges for which there are penalties including fines and jail time.
    Will this case turn into the parade of the Arciniega stooges or will the directors do the right thing? Will North Texas and US Youth Soccer abide by their own by-laws?

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 10:03 AM
    To: 'Piney Burch-Walser'
    Subject: A & D Process

Dear Piney,

Per our conversation yesterday I believe that you indicated that directors were not subject to a complaint through the normal A & D channels. We have precedence that that is not the case. Both Rachel and I were charged as directors when a coach’s child was placed on his own team. If we can file charges because a parent and child are placed on the same team, certainly a director that has violated her duties to the corporation and abused her position should be facing charges.

I am trying to keep this quiet and private as possible and avoid any more publicity about this than necessary. Please advise.

Thanks,

Heather Dobrott
    GSA by-law state:
    The Appeals and Disciplinary Committee is responsible for the investigating, hearing and
    disposing of, in an equitable manner, all matters that are contrary to the By-Laws and Rules of
    the Association. All players, coaches, assistant coaches, team managers, parents, spectators,
    administrators, and others who are registered in GSAI and/or participate in soccer activities
    within the jurisdiction of Garland Soccer Association, Incorporated shall abide by the By-Laws
    and Rules of Garland Soccer Association, Inc., and will be subject to the decisions made by the GSAI A&D Committee
    If GSA followed its own by-laws there would be a committee in place and the Vice President and that committee would have jurisdiction over the directors and everyone else involved in soccer. The VP is not doing her job as she has no committee and doesn't seem to understand what her powers include.

I was trying to keep our precious GSA kids safe. Mrs. Sex Offender, Crystal Martin the U6 Boys and Publicity and Awards Director, should have been removed. The A & D process could have been used to quietly get her out. She did not drive and Attachment 24503 was at all soccer activites whether their own kids were there or not. He was handling rosters and other records at all the meetings and left a meeting with my sign-in sheets and rosters. Director Martin was running around bragging about president David Arciniega meeting her and her husband to build the fence at Audubon and the pavilion at Winters. They have a well deserved F with the Better Business Bureau. Her allowing him to handle rosters when no coach can handle them until they pass a background check is dangerous and unethical. Her soliciting construction work using her position as a director to do so is also totally unethical. She was also not doing her job much of the time and relying on other directors to do her work. Several directors informed David Arciniega that she needed to be asked to resign and if she wouldn't do so she should be removed according to the provisions of the GSA by-laws.

Piney Burch-Walser the Vice President refused to take action. Our kids may not be safe and this is horrible publicity after the tragedy of our kids being victimized by Bernardo Mondragon-Guzman. Coaches should demand answers! I always worked hard for my coaches and kids and David Arciniega made my life hell for doing the right things. David Arciniega and the other incumbents facing a vote should be grilled by the coaches.
    Last edited by Soapboxmom; 07-23-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Home

5211 Gordon Smith Dr., Rowlett, Tx. 75088 | Office: 214.607.4681 | Fax: 214.607.4682

OFFICE HOURS:
    Office will be closed May 12th to May17th
    Leave a message at 214-607-4681
    *Office is closed for all GISD Student holidays

Countdown to end of Fall 2015 Season Registration!!!

Days
    Hours
    Minutes
    Seconds
    David Arciniega's imploding disaster of an association has no registration going for fall. In Rowlett registration is under way and will end on Saturday July 18th. Most other neighboring associations will start registration around June1st and end it by July 30th. When will Garland get with the program???

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Commercial insurance policies may not cover theft. Garland coaches best ask for clarification on the insurance polices for GSA. Then they should grill every director and find out who is not closing Winters and locking up. Any director not fulfilling their duty to care for GSA's property should be voted out or the coaches should demand that director resign if they are not up for re-election.

Q. What is the difference between burglary and theft?
    A. Burglary means stealing property by means of forcible entry into a securely locked storage space or an apartment unit, provided there are marks of forcible entry on the exterior storage space or apartment. Theft does not require forcible entry. Theft and Mysterious Disappearance are not covered under this policy. The mere absence of a lock or padlock does not constitute visible marks of forced entry of a storage space.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jevin Inc. / Dan Ptak / Online Sports Organization Management Software from Hell / David Arciniega

Thank you for reaching out to me. I would be happy to answer your question.

Our experience with Jevin has been nothing but great. There are a few items in the software that we would like to change, but I don't know of any software that doesn't have items that don't work exactly like you would want them too as all organizations are so vastly different in how they form teams and manage their rosters.

However, any time we have had questions they have always been right there to answer them. I have had two or more online teleconferences with them so they could walk me through things and help me figure out how to do what I needed to do.

As for our money, it has always been deposited exactly when we would expect it. There has only been one deposit, that I know of that was ever not deposited on time. The deposit was missed in February of 2014, before I became treasurer, and I didn't discover it until November of 2014 when I got the books from the old treasurer and I was looking back to try to balance out the checkbooks.

I contacted support and Dan Ptak and within a couple of weeks we had our money. They didn't have to do that. They could have easily told us the money left their bank and we didn't catch that it didn't hit our bank account and we were out of luck. But they didn't. They worked with me and they got us our money even though I was 9 months late in noticing the missing deposit. (Most banks only give you 30 - 60 days).

We have, and will continue to, recommend Jevin to all the leagues in our area as a great software provider. What it sounds like to me is that Mr. Arciniega has embezzled a lot of money from GSA and instead of taking the fall for it he is trying to blame Jevin.

If you have the bank statements and administrator access to the Jevin account I can easily show you how to prove which happened so you will know for sure. There is a report in Jevin that shows all money collected and all the funds say Jevin when they are deposited into the bank account.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

FIFA Officials Arrested on Corruption Charges : People.com

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/27/us/fif...why/index.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/28/sp...them.html?_r=0

Critics of FIFA point to the lack of transparency regarding executive salaries and resource allocations for an organization that, by its own admission, had revenue of $5.7 billion from 2011 to 2014. Policy decisions are also often taken without debate or explanation, and a small group of officials — known as the executive committee — operates with outsize power. FIFA has for years functioned with little oversight and even less transparency. Alexandra Wrage, a governance consultant who once unsuccessfully attempted to help overhaul FIFA’s methods, labeled the organization “byzantine and impenetrable.”
    Exactly what is wrong with Garland Soccer and its parent North Texas State Soccer.
    Last edited by Soapboxmom; 05-27-2015 at 10:02 AM.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here are a few snippets of the many wonderful responses from GSA coaches:

Great job, Heather! So good and way too long overdue! I really think FULL disclosure to the ENTIRE public is necessary now, don’t you? ;)
    Another called and we were discussing this:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/prep-r...190933740.html
    "We're going to get to the bottom of it and we're going to do what it takes to make sure it doesn't happen again," Kimberly Verity, vice president of the Garland Soccer Association, told WFAA. "We want to do everything we can to protect our children. That's what we take pride in."
    That coach is joining me in contacting LULAC as GSA's VPs words were completely empty promises.

Thank you for the intel......That assn has presidental power issues also. We will look forward to the Tuesday meeting
    Thanks and good luck
    Thank you. I agree 100% and applaud you for your courageousness. The mis-management is so obvious. The children and parents of GSA deserve better.
    To: 'David Arciniega'
    Cc: kdfw@kdfwfox4.com; news@wfla.com; newstips@nbcdfw.com
    Subject: FW: Garland Soccer Financials

Any response David?
    This one called out the president and copied the media.

I will not quit fighting until GSA is completely transparent and everything possible has been done to keep our precious children safe. My thanks to the coaches for all they do!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

CW33 NewsFix | Experience News in a New Way

CW 33 news interviewed me and filmed Winters Park. They are researching for a possible story for the 9 o'clock news in Dallas Forth Worth.

Several people including a board member and coach have asked David Arciniega to resign.

David Arciniega asked me to resign because I demanded documentation on GSA's money issue, supported a candidate that opposed him and didn't vote as he wished in the board meetings. I told him no because I was doing the right things and doing what is required by law. Arciniega is so completely corrupt.

Now, I am joining those that asked him to resign.

David Arciniega,

Please for the good of Garland Soccer resign and ask North Texas to take jurisdiction. Do what is best for these coaches and kids!

Love some Bunny! I do!

16. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

FIFA's Sepp Blatter calls for vote to elect successor - CNN.com

(CNN)FIFA President Sepp Blatter will step down as head of world soccer's governing body but only after the organization's executive committee organizes a fresh vote "for the election of my successor," he said Tuesday....That election is over, but FIFA's challenges are not. FIFA needs a profound overhaul," he said.He continued, "While I have a mandate from the membership of FIFA, I do not feel that I have a mandate from the entire world of football -- the fans, the players, the clubs, the people who live, breathe and love football as much as we all do at FIFA."
    Garland Soccer needs a profound overhaul as well. The vast majority of Garland soccer's families and coaches have made it clear that drastic change is needed and Arciniega must go.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

David Arciniega managed to hang on to the presidency of Garland Soccer. The questions are will Garland Soccer survive the fall-out and why is North Texas watching the election protecting this clown when he has numerous A & D and ethics charges against him that should have been heard over the last 3 years that he has buried under the rug? The 3 North Texas reps were only there it appears so that Arciniega could once again shut the coaches down from really getting answers.

Garland Soccer went from 234 teams in fall 2014 to 207 teams in spring 2015. The catastrophic drop will continue. We lost interleague play with Richardson and Wylie thanks to David Arciniega. Now, Chamber Classic is jumping ship. That means we will simply not have many major league teams and those veteran coaches are already leaving in droves. Though many of our coaches want to play in Plano, I have heard rumors that Plano would never take us. And, since we are a disorganized mess we could never be ready to start a season on time like they do.

A beleaguered U6 coach apparently asked why their director did nothing and wouldn't answer them. Arciniega has been reported to have said the missing in action director (who is not doing her job) still wants to remain in her position and no doubt he will keep her.

The corruption and ongoing scandals are going to continue to plague this league. Much more bad publicity will be the result.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Coaches have reported to me that Arciniega not only forbade them to discuss the lawsuit at the general coaches meeting, but then had the nerve to brag that he and GSA would win on June 12th. Pleas to jurisdiction have nothing to do with the issues or merit of a case. He also insisted that everything in my filing was a lie.

The coaches were intimidated into silence by 3 North Texas board members that have supported Arciniega's antics and the presence of police who they knew would escort them out if they dared to say anything. If GSA is in such crisis the coaches have to be intimidated by law enforcement it is time for US Youth Soccer to step in and clean house.

Welcome to your soccer meeting!!!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Executive Committee Report for June 30th 2013 states:

The executive Committee (David Arciniega, Sam Perry and Kim Verity) met on Sunday, June 30, 2013, to discuss the on-line registration service provided by Jevin, inc.

Background:
    The existing agreement with Jevin includes a 10% fee for all recreational player registration. A 5% fee applies to the fall tournament and a 10% fee applies to the spring tournament registration. Registration for a typical season and tournament is between $150k and $160k, resulting in fees to Jevin of between $14.5k and $16k per season.

Jevin was slow to make deposits to GSA for credit card transactions made on the Jevin system for recreational player registration for the spring 2013 season and for team registrations for the spring 2013 tournament. The amount owed to GSA from Jevin for the missing deposits from the spring 2013 season and tournament is over $8k.

Representing Jevin, Dan Ptak called Sam Perry on June 10th and reported that the slow deposits to GSA were due to Corduro, the payment processor used by Jevin. Dan said that Jevin accepted responsibility for the missing deposits and promised to provide the missing funds to GSA, even if that meant taking out a loan. Dan said he expected to have the loan by the end of June. He also said that Jevin was changing their payment processor from Corduro to Chase

On June 28th, Dan Ptak called Sam Perry with a new proposal. Dan offered to reduce the fee charged by Jevin as a way to repay the missing deposits from the Spring 2013 season, and then to provide a reduced fee for subsequent seasons. Dan offered to reduce the fee to 5% for the fall 2013 season, then to 8% for the spring 2014 and all subsequent seasons. The same fees would apply to both the recreational player registration and tournament for that season. The savings to GSA would at least $7k for the upcoming fall 2013 season and then about $3k for each season after that.

Since the fall 2013 registration was scheduled to start on 1 July, Sam Perry requested an executive committee meeting to discuss Dan’s proposal before the registration started.

At the committee meeting, David Arciniega presented a draft written agreement to capture the terms of the new proposal from Jevin.

Executive Committee Decision:
    The Executive Committee ruled in favor of accepting Dan’s proposal to reduce the fees charged to GSA to repay GSA for the missed deposits during the spring 2013 season.

The Executive Committee also ruled in favor of David Arcinienga presenting the draft written agreement to Dan Ptak to formalize the agreement. David will also attempt to negotiate a fee of 4% for the fall tournaments.
    Jevin has charged 10% to customers at some points. Jevin now claims it charges based on a sliding scale. A much smaller association's treasurer that is also a CPA says they have always paid just 8% and they have been with Jevin for years. So, David did not get any swinging deals when he agreed to 8% going forward.

Note the "missing deposits" are long over due from player registration and the tournament. That is not an error in processing as Arciniega told the police. A successful company with a good credit rating should have no trouble getting a loan. And, what sense does it make for Jevin to blame Corduro and then not file a police report? As to Arciniega's story to the coaches of litigation that is even sillier. Does Arciniega think that lie about the imaginary litigation will be forgotten?

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Scandal / Corruption Garland Soccer Association / US Youth Soccer / North Texas State Soccer / David Arciniega

I am receiving more very disturbing reports about the Garland Soccer general coaches' meeting. The former president and his son were there. The son is the president of a very successful and growing club. The former president also ran a large soccer club for years. The son had promised to speak on behalf of the candidate running against David Arciniega. I have been told as many as 5 members of the North Texas State Soccer board trooped in. The son of the former president who had offered to speak in support of the candidate running against David Arciniega suddenly refused to speak when the North Texas gang came in and sat behind him.

The NTSSA board members obviously supported David Arciniega stating my lawsuit filing was all lies and that he and Garland Soccer would win the case on June 12th. NTSSA should never have allowed this. That hearing is for jurisdiction. Will the judge decide issues in a charity is the question. The merits and issues of the case will not be addressed at all. Getting a case dismissed due to jurisdictional issues is a technical matter and certainly not a win. NTSSA's obvious support of that liar David Arciniega altered the votes of coaches. It was abundantly clear to the coaches where NTSSA stood and how they were expected to vote if they wanted to avoid the horrific treatment the I and many others have suffered.

That candidate for office was stabbed in the back as his supporters cowered in the presence of the NTSSA members. Numerous coaches and directors have had issues in Garland Soccer. NTSSA has a horrible reputation for blocking appeals and refusing to take action. The members in Garland Soccer operate in an environment of intimidation and harassment. Dictator Arciniega has flagrantly violated the by-laws for years and NTSSA has made it clear that his behavior will go completely unchecked. I was told several years ago that there was a scandal brewing at NTSSA and it has certainly reached that level now.

We have FIFA at the top and NTSSA at the middle. The real problem here is that North Texas State is obviously plagued with internal problems as they are not following their by-laws and not "provide for the prompt and equitable resolution of grievances....." NTSSA could remove Arciniega and take control of GSA in a heartbeat, but do absolutely nothing. GSA will continue to shrink and drive players to East Dallas or a new Club Soccer group that may form. How sad for our Garland kids that this organization is being torn apart by scandal.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Scandal / Corruption Garland Soccer Association / US Youth Soccer / North Texas State Soccer / David Arciniega

ARTICLE VII 206 FEES AND DISCIPLINE 207
    Section 1. Annual Fees. 209
    A. Organization Member. Each organization member shall pay to USYSA annual fees 210 recommended by the board of directors and approved by the National Council. 211
    B. Individual and Sustaining Members. The fees for individual and sustaining members 212 shall be as prescribed by the board of directors. 213

Section 2. Suspensions and Terminations. 214
    A. Suspension. 215
    1. Failure to Pay Fees. Any member failing to pay any fees due USYSA shall be 216 provided written notice of the delinquency. If those fees are not paid within 30 days 217 after the date of the notice of delinquency, the delinquent member may be 218 suspended from membership in USYSA after a proper hearing pursuant to 219 Subsection 3B of this Article. The member shall be notified in writing of any 220 suspension and the date on which membership will be terminated if the fees remain 221 unpaid. 222
    2. Due to Litigation. 223
    (a) Any person participating in a USYSA program, or in a program of a state 224 association or a program of a member of a state association, who becomes a 225 defendant in litigation detrimental to the welfare of youth players or litigation 226 based on activities detrimental to the welfare of youth players, shall be 227 suspended from all soccer-related activities. Suspensions under this bylaw shall 228 be determined by the appropriate state association or the USYSA Board of 229 Directors. Matters detrimental to the welfare of youth players shall include, but 230
    September 1, 2014 Page 7

not be limited to, crimes of moral turpitude and felonies. The person has a right 231 to appeal the suspension only over whether the matter which is the substance of 232 the accusation, if true, is detrimental to the welfare of youth players. 233
    (b) On completion of the litigation, the suspended person may inform the body 234 suspending the person under Subsection 2A2(a) of this Article that the litigation 235 has been completed and request that the suspension be terminated and the 236 person reinstated. The suspending body may grant the request of the person or, 237 if the decision of the litigation was adverse to the person, may continue the 238 suspension for a period specified by the suspending body, fine the person, 239 terminate all membership of that person with the suspending body and its 240 members, or any combination of those authorized penalties. 241
    B. Termination. 242
    1. The membership of a state association may be terminated by the National Council 243 for cause by a two-thirds vote of the National Council. 244
    2. If the membership of a state association is terminated either by resignation from 245 USYSA or under Subsection 2A1 or Subsection 2B1 of this Article, USYSA shall 246 immediately undertake actions to replace that organization with another 247 organization having the same USYSA jurisdiction as the organization whose 248 membership is terminated. That replacement organization may include an 249 organization established and temporarily operated by USYSA. 250

3. The board of directors may terminate the membership of a sustaining member as 251 prescribed in Section 3A of this Article. 252

Section 3. Suspension, Termination and Other Penalties. 253
    A. The board of directors may suspend, fine, terminate and/or impose any other penalty 254 on any member of USYSA, if the board determines that: 255
    1. the conduct of the member is adverse to the best interests of soccer or USYSA; or 256
    2. the member has not complied with the requirements of its membership in USYSA. 257
    B. The board of directors may act under this Article only after a hearing, reasonable 258 notice to the member of the time and place of the hearing, and providing the member 259 with a reasonable opportunity to present evidence in support of the member’s position. 260

Section 4. Effect. A suspension or other disciplinary action imposed by USYSA in accordance 261 with these bylaws shall be recognized by all members of USYSA on notification by USYSA. 262 Suspensions and other disciplinary actions imposed by members of USYSA shall be 263 recognized by USYSA and all other USYSA members on proper notification to USYSA. 264
    The North Texas State Soccer Association has not followed its by-laws and "provide for the prompt and equitable resolution of grievances" for several years now. US Youth Soccer needs to investigate and possibly terminate the membership of NTSSA and form a replacement organization that they can govern so the problems in Garland Soccer and other associations can be resolved. NTSSA is ineffective and becoming totally corrupt as evidenced by the problems in Garland Soccer. US Club Soccer swept through South Texas and has a strong foothold in North Texas and will sweep through here due to a lack of leadership from US Youth Soccer.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://www.nyswysa.org/pdf/DAROct03.pdf

All those lads and lassies got the boot from USYSA. We should immediately see more names on that list!!!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A heavyweight departs: Bob Palmeiro ‘forced out’ of US Youth Soccer Region I director position — Soccer Wire
    A heavyweight departs: Bob Palmeiro ‘forced out’ of US Youth Soccer Region I director position

By Charles Boehm / August 5, 2014

One of American youth soccer’s “Godfather” figures has left the stage.
    Bob Palmeiro led US Youth Soccer’s Region I for more than a quarter-century,...

Based in Rhode Island, Palmeiro – a famously feisty and authoritarian figure – became influential above and beyond the region, serving on the U.S. Soccer Federation’s board of directors and earning membership in the Region I and Eastern New York State Soccer Association halls of fame.
    But suddenly and quietly, Palmeiro stepped down last month from the post he held for so long, and with little in the way of public explanation from Region I or US Youth Soccer....

The picture has become clearer over the ensuing week.
    Multiple sources close to the situation – all speaking anonymously due to the high degree of sensitivity involved – informed SoccerWire.com that Palmeiro’s exit was forced upon him, the result of a lengthy internal investigation by US Youth Soccer officials which revealed serious “inconsistencies” in Region I budgeting and management.
    It appears there is some substance to the long-running, widespread rumors of financial impropriety on Palmeiro’s part, and it’s led to his resignation as well as a 10-year suspension from all US Youth Soccer events and activities.
    The news was confirmed by US Youth Soccer this week, as the organization released an official statement to SoccerWire.com on Tuesday morning.
    “Due to issues identified and apparent irregularities discovered as a result of the normal auditing process, the Board authorized an independent investigation of the matter by hiring outside legal counsel and a forensic accounting firm,” read the statement. “Pursuant to an audit of expenses and after receiving a final report from outside counsel, the Board conducted a hearing regarding the allegations, as required to assure the organization’s integrity and transparency.
    “After the hearing and a decision by the Board in light of the evidence provided, US Youth Soccer and Mr. Robert Palmeiro ultimately reached a settlement of all claims to the mutual satisfaction of the parties. As part of that settlement, Mr. Palmeiro agreed to immediately resign his position.”
    Palmeiro is also banned from U.S. Soccer Federation activities for a “multi-year” period and he is required to repay an unspecified amount of the missing money.

+ READ: Find the full text of US Youth Soccer’s Palmeiro statement here

While no one contacted by SoccerWire would offer a specific dollar figure, one well-placed source acknowledged that the misappropriated funds in question are “significant” and run into six figures.
    “[US Youth Soccer] found things that were not as they should be,” said one source. “He [Palmeiro] did some fantastic things in Region I, but at the end of the day, he had to resign and he had to be suspended.”
    When reached by SoccerWire.com via telephone, Palmeiro declined to discuss the matter, but did reject the idea that he’d committed any financial wrongdoing.
    “There were no financial improprieties,” he said.
    + READ: Tulsa, Okla., chosen to host 2015 US Youth Soccer National Championships
    ...Yet he was known for ruling with an iron fist, marked by a brusque, uncompromising style which stamped his influence on the region, but also antagonized many......

Earlier this year, SoccerWire.com asked a veteran coach at a prominent Washington, D.C.-area youth club if he could speak on the record regarding his complaints about Palmeiro’s handling of placements and scheduling in Region I competitions. The coach declined, citing fears over his club’s future treatment should he do so.
    “I have absolutely no doubt that he would f*** us over if I spoke out,” said the coach....

While the hard-nosed aspect of his governance doesn’t appear to have been a prime factor in his departure, it was noted by US Youth Soccer officials, who are working manfully to counter their organization’s recent losses in membership caused by the rise of competing entities and frustrated member clubs.
    “He was very strict, and wanted things a very certain way,” said one source of Palmeiro. “And if you didn’t want those things, then [his approach was] ‘There’s the highway, you go ahead and take it.’
    “It can’t be just one way, there’s too many highways for people to take – they’ll go ahead and take them.”
    Garland's coaches and directors have lived in fear of getting screwed over and facing retaliation for years under Arciniega's dishonest regime. US Youth is losing big to US Club Soccer and gutsy folks like me will sue in order to get help and get problems in the organization resolved. Time for David Arciniega's hearing on his soccer activities!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Talking-Soccer.com - View Single Post - Region 1 shenanigans

Sadly no one did anything until the sins were so egregious they were impossible to ignore. At one time, Region 1 tournament was one of the top events in the country. Despite ever mounting critique, Region 1 chose to continue with a formula that paved their own demise.
    Garland Soccer's problem's have now turned into a lawsuit, media interviews, other organizations wanting to come in and take GSA's territory and a deluge of negative publicity. US Youth has the power!!!

Love some Bunny! I do!