Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: universal life church scam?

  1. #26
    HappyHimitsu is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1

    Re: universal life church scam?

    Do people even listen?
    Just because you can fill out whatever information you want on a ULC form, does not make whatever you have filled out an ordained minister.
    IT CONSTITUTES FRAUD TO FILL OUT FALSE INFORMATION IN YOUR MINISTRY APPLICATION.
    Wow, does anybody even grasp that?
    As well, it is not a money grabbing scam as IT IS FREE.
    You all need to ask yourselves just how much you know about the laws regarding ministry.

  2. #27
    Lil Ol' Radical Me's Avatar
    Lil Ol' Radical Me is offline La Trollette
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    609

    Re: universal life church scam?

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
    Better yet, you could have your fridge grant ordinations.........you could live like KINGS!!!
    Hey if I go on bended knee, do I get to marry your fridge? The kids would be COOL

  3. #28
    littleroundman is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,671

    Re: universal life church scam?

    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHimitsu View Post
    Do people even listen?
    Just because you can fill out whatever information you want on a ULC form, does not make whatever you have filled out an ordained minister.
    IT CONSTITUTES FRAUD TO FILL OUT FALSE INFORMATION IN YOUR MINISTRY APPLICATION.
    Wow, does anybody even grasp that?
    As well, it is not a money grabbing scam as IT IS FREE.
    You all need to ask yourselves just how much you know about the laws regarding ministry.
    1) It's not a matter of "can" anything. The fact is, there are refrigerators and dogs out there which have ordained by Universal Life Church.

    If ULC doesn't like being ridiculed, then ULC should do something about it.
    Personally, I'm all for religious freedom. I'm also for ridiculing nonsensical pseudo "religions" and those who defend them.

    2) Fraud ??? Under which statute ??

    3) Being "free" does not mean it is not a scam and/or ridiculous and/or nonsensical

    4) Whose "laws regarding ministry"
    Universal Life Churchs' "laws" ??
    ULC has ordained refrigerators. Have the fridges broken any laws ??
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

  4. #29
    Lil Ol' Radical Me's Avatar
    Lil Ol' Radical Me is offline La Trollette
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    609

    Re: universal life church scam?

    Shaddup - I'm going to marry the fridge

  5. #30
    PPBlog is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    180

    Re: universal life church scam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Ol' Radical Me View Post
    Shaddup - I'm going to marry the fridge
    If things don't work out between you and the fridge, perhaps "Professor" Patrick Moriarty of ASD infamy can help you get a quickie divorce. He purported to be the minister of the ULC Church in Troy, Mo., having obtained both a D.D. and a Ph.D, apparently prior to his indictment and conviction for fraud. Getting a J.D. shouldn't pose much of a problem for the intrepid professor, given that he served his time for his tax swindle and is out of jail. After all, he once sold fake academic degrees on eBay, explaining they were gag gifts.

    Of course, the professor also started ASD Members International, a purported nonprofit that had the stated aim of litigating against the government in the ASD Ponzi case and perhaps having the prosecutors charged with crimes. He started ASDMI after he started another purported nonprofit, this one in the name of a man accused of murdering a woman in her own house in cold blood, shooting a police officer who'd pulled him over in Missouri for blowing a stop sign and shooting another man on his way out of town.

    You'll recall, LORM, that the professor purported to be a "Tax Return Specialist" with a sideline talent of "Karma Restoration."

    It seems plausible that such a man could help you arrange a quick divorce -- if things turn sour between you and the fridge, that is.

    PPBlog

  6. #31
    scratchycat's Avatar
    scratchycat is offline Elite Scambuster
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,477
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: universal life church scam?

    I am going to have to start staying up later, I miss all the fun. An ordained refrigerator married to LORM with cool children and PP finding a tax return specialist with Karma restoration to help with divorce, just in case!!

    IT CONSTITUTES FRAUD TO FILL OUT FALSE INFORMATION IN YOUR MINISTRY APPLICATION.
    Wow, does anybody even grasp that?

    And you actually think crooks are going to be HONEST?!
    Don't get ripped off!! Stay informed!

  7. #32
    oldfriend's Avatar
    oldfriend is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    91

    Re: universal life church scam?

    Quote Originally Posted by scratchycat View Post
    I am going to have to start staying up later, I miss all the fun. An ordained refrigerator married to LORM with cool children and PP finding a tax return specialist with Karma restoration to help with divorce, just in case!!



    And you actually think crooks are going to be HONEST?!



    In our next episode, you'll read all about how the refrigerator, jealous of LORM's time spent on realscam.com, took the cool kids (Marv and Angie - the soda-pop twins) to momma's house.

    Meanwhile, the tax return specialist has run into a snag when his aura circle turns blue and he lost his consultation guide...

    Stay tuned for more fun and and adventure, right here! Where real people say the darndest things!

  8. #33
    scratchycat's Avatar
    scratchycat is offline Elite Scambuster
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,477
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: universal life church scam?

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
    In our next episode, you'll read all about how the refrigerator, jealous of LORM's time spent on realscam.com, took the cool kids (Marv and Angie - the soda-pop twins) to momma's house.

    Meanwhile, the tax return specialist has run into a snag when his aura circle turns blue and he lost his consultation guide...

    Stay tuned for more fun and and adventure, right here! Where real people say the darndest things!
    This is turning into a Soap Opera!! I can't wait for the next episode!
    Don't get ripped off!! Stay informed!

  9. #34
    ulcseminary is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4

    Re: universal life church scam?

    The Universal Life Church is not a scam.

    I'm sure there are people, probably lots of people, who do scammy or scummy things with it, but that's true of many things.

    For those who get ordained primarily to do a wedding -- it's the courts that are scams, not the officiants. Performing a wedding is as simple as standing up in front of a group of people, saying a bunch of stuff, then signing a license. It is not a highly-skilled job to do. I've done hundreds. Granted, some do it better than others, but it's not something that requires years of training and nobody should need a license to do it, ministerial or otherwise.

    For those who want to 'ordain' their fridges or cats -- they are idiots. There's no cure for that.

    My personal opinion is that getting a quick ordination doesn't necessarily make a person a minister. I believe in getting training for ministers, both in how to do ceremonies and in learning about their religion and/or in other religions.

    The real ULC doesn't charge for ordinations. No scam there. People paying for a piece of paper that says they have a religious title or a Divinity degree isn't a scam. It's legal, but it means about as much as the person who receives it thinks it does. Some feel it is recognition for works that they've done in the community or training they've done on their own. Most people don't get much recognition in their lives. It's recognition. That's not a scam. It also isn't required that anyone purchase anything.

    People who try to turn it into something that it isn't -- they are fooling themselves. It's not a scam from the Universal Life Church -- it's people who want to feel good about themselves. Nothing wrong with that. And some people find it amusing. Also not a scam. If it brings them some amusement, more power to them.

    I would really like to see a fridge or a cat perform a ceremony, take a course, grow as a person, etc. Obviously, not gonna happen, so who cares if some idiot wants to ordain their fridge? And especially someone dumb enough to spend money on an ordination that's free. Or to spend money or a packet for CA when anyone who takes a minute to look up the laws for CA would see that nothing is required except a signature on the license and some sort of ceremony.

    Money for nothing. That's a scam. Personally, I give a ton of information away for free because I want people to be able to learn about things they want to learn about. If it's free, it's most certainly not a scam.

  10. #35
    littleroundman is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,671

    Re: universal life church scam?

    Welcome to REALSCAM.com ulcseminary.

    Agreeing with your point of view requires that we all have the same definition of what constitutes a "scam"

    If the intention of those behind The Universal Life Church is to mock religion, then you're right, ULC isn't a scam.

    If the intention is to point out the incongruities which exist in the nexus between the state and religion, again, ULC isn't a scam.

    IF, however, the Universal Life Church is as it appears, it's a scam and most certainly can't expect to remain unchallenged on forums such as this.

    After all: "a rose by any other name" and all that.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

  11. #36
    ulcseminary is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4

    Re: universal life church scam?

    Hmmm, okay, so if some people choose to mock religion, then the whole thing is a scam?

    Mormons, especially the super-devout ones, have a reputation in the courts for molesting their children. So all Mormons are scammers?
    Part of the reason that ULC exists is so that people who want to perform weddings can do so legally.
    It's just that I know of a lot of very religious and very spiritual people who became ordained so they can follow their paths. Some teach, some preach, some help out in soup kitchens, some visit hospitals, etc. They do so with great sincerity, so I don't see how that can be a scam.

    If you think that all religious anything is a scam, then you're right, it's a scam. The Catholic church is a scam too because they require tithing that they use to build monuments to themselves and don't allow women to serve in the clergy, as well as requiring their priests to give all their worldly possessions to the church.

    Paying for a license to drive. Scam. Most things having to do with the healthcare industry -- super uber scam.

    I don't understand what definition of scam you are working off of.

  12. #37
    littleroundman is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,671

    Re: universal life church scam?

    Geez, mate, if you're going to use analogies at least TRY to make them relevant.

    We're talking about the Universal Life Church here.

    We are NOT talking about Mormons or driving licenses or the healthcare industry.

    If you'd like to start a thread saying anyone who abuses children in the guise of religion is a scammer/hypocrite/evil be our guest.

    One scam at a time, please.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

  13. #38
    ulcseminary is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4

    Re: universal life church scam?

    I'm just asking for your definition of scam.

    I presented information that it's not a scam for a variety of reasons and the response I got was that it was because... it was. That's not a reason.

    So I asked what your definition of scam is and you said that what I said was irrelevant. You can't make up your own definitions of words and then expect other people to adhere to them.

  14. #39
    littleroundman is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,671

    Re: universal life church scam?

    Quote Originally Posted by ulcseminary
    You can't make up your own definitions of words and then expect other people to adhere to them.
    Err,

    I "CAN" by virtue of the fact I just "DID"

    I don't "expect" anyone to do anything because of what I said.

    See the logo on the top left hand corner of your screen ???



    YOU decide.

    If you want to follow a "church" which allows itself to be used to ordain refrigerators, good for you.

    If you want to argue over the definition of "scam" good luck to you.

    Scam / bloody stupid / idiotic / nonsense / religious freedom, call it what you will,

    The Universal Life Church allows fridges to be "ordained" and refuses to prevent it happening and is being lampooned because of it.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

  15. #40
    ulcseminary is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4

    Re: universal life church scam?

    Just because some idiot fills out a form for their fridge doesn't make their fridge actually ordained.

    And you don't know what the church does or doesn't do to verify ordinations.

    I didn't realize that this was just a random rant site and not an intelligent discussion site.

    Anyone who puts 'scam' and 'religious freedom' as synonyms ..... wow. Rant site.

  16. #41
    littleroundman is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,671

    Re: universal life church scam?

    Quote Originally Posted by ulcsycophant
    Rant site.
    To be more correct, that would be
    "Rant site in the opinion of someone who believes its' a religious institutions' right to allow itself to be used to register the ordination of refrigerators"
    If you'd come here and said the Universal Life Church was using absurdity to point out the arrogance and pomposity of some religious and political organizations, I would have agree with you.

    But, you didn't.

    Instead you continue using invalid analogies and troll like insults.

    How can anybody with the slightest bit of common sense take ANY church which allows such a situation to exist be taken seriously and NOT as an object of scorn and ridicule ??

    And, that's just the "ordination" thing.

    We haven't even begun to look any further.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

  17. #42
    littleroundman is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,671

    Re: universal life church scam?

    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

  18. #43
    littleroundman is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,671

    Re: universal life church scam?

    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

  19. #44
    ScamCop is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1

    Re: universal life church scam?

    Quote Originally Posted by ulcseminary View Post
    The Universal Life Church is not a scam.

    I'm sure there are people, probably lots of people, who do scammy or scummy things with it, but that's true of many things.

    The real ULC doesn't charge for ordinations. No scam there.

    Money for nothing. That's a scam. Personally, I give a ton of information away for free because I want people to be able to learn about things they want to learn about. If it's free, it's most certainly not a scam.

    Well ULC Seminary - Yes ordination is free, as it is anywhere because it is a sacrament. BUT your ministry credentials are not free, nor are your courses that people can get the same information from Google for free.

    Guess what I did I called the IRS, it seems your Universal Life Church in Modesto, the one headed up by Andre Hensley is NO LONGER viewed as a Church having had its tax exemption status as a church removed for 25 years. Furthermore they do not use the word scam, but they pretty much say it as they see it and they strongly advise anyone to keep their distance. In fact the rep said there is a very good chance they won't be able to hide behind the freedom of Religion amendment because they are believed to be violating an agreement made regarding the tax exemption status. They are investigating and look to file more charges down the pike against three people with an a word name, ana or amy, andrew and andre. Check out these links

    Founder Kirby Hensley - scammer and con artist - Jesus saves: Become a minister, save on taxes - 60 Minutes Overtime - CBS News

    LA Times Regarding IRS Issues - New Chapter in Feud With IRS Goes to Court - Los Angeles Times

    60 Minutes Conman & Crooks (Hensley of Universal Life Church) - Con Men And Crooks - CBS News

    Conmen - Fascinating Profile of swindlers and Rogues - Con Men: Fascinating Profiles of Swindlers and Rogues from the Files of the ... - 60 Minutes - Google Books

    ULC SEMINARY try telling people now you are not a scammer or do you want more links. Here what your founder Kirby Hensley said about Christians, he even referred to his own ministers as kooks, apparently referring to them to being so stupid to fall for the Universal Life Church scam

    Founder States This About Christians


    Among his more memorable comments:
    Sourced From: Modesto Bee Newspaper


    I always stand for freedom, food and sex. That's all there is. It sets people free.
    Jesus was a good actor.
    The Bible "is full of lies from one end to the other."
    It's a thin line dividing genius and idiot. I think I'm on the genius side.
    We're coming up on the 21st century and there's not one verse of Scripture in the Bible that will take you beyond the 20th century.
    I believe I was a comedian and two-bit lawyer (in an earlier life) because I've had more lawsuits than anybody.
    I just want to raise all the hell I can, and get all the kooks and what-have-you as churches; then they (the government) will have to tax them all.

    In 1968, he ran for president; one of his platforms was "civil treatment for visitors from other worlds." The following year, he ran for governor. In 1984, he declared the birth of a new nation his church. In 1986, he celebrated his coronation in the "Kingdom of Aqualandia" and offered a combo deal: kingdom citizenship and a ministerial charter for $35.


    Source: Modesto Bee The Modesto Bee | Universal Life Goes On

    The ULC Seminary is nothing but a scam, a rip off, from one con-artist to another, keep screwing people, your day is coming, you better get that tooth brush packed you will be needing it, although I'm sure FBOP will provide you with one FREE and they won't charge you for your credentials. When Federal Prison says it is free, they mean free, including the credentials.

  20. #45
    consolidation is offline Godwin's is straw
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    103

    Re: universal life church scam?

    I hope people recieved the message out of this. Those poor deluded souls who thought they were ordained started turning up in hospitals and trying to counsel those in grief. They did more damage than good unfortunately and we had to refer their victims to real social workers , grief counsellors and psychologists. They had good intentions but no professional training or self insight.
    I hope those reading this get that point......
    My Fridge has passed on but my God daughter and Dog are doing well and I am very proud to have had so many ministers in my little family.
    Non Nobis

  21. #46
    consolidation is offline Godwin's is straw
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    103

    Re: universal life church scam?

    Quote Originally Posted by ulcseminary View Post
    Just because some idiot fills out a form for their fridge doesn't make their fridge actually ordained.

    And you don't know what the church does or doesn't do to verify ordinations.

    I didn't realize that this was just a random rant site and not an intelligent discussion site.

    Anyone who puts 'scam' and 'religious freedom' as synonyms ..... wow. Rant site.
    Spoken like a true ULC Minister......no empathy , no insight , no idea , no responsibility , no forgiveness......

    I am not sure but I don't think ULCseminary wanted to save my soul ...but he did want to protect his novelty business.

    But that's the type of religous insight you aquire when you buy a novelty ordination....Absolutely none !
    However He was all for allowing you to use your worthless novelty ordination to defraud the public by attempting to shirk your civil responsibilities by waving your ordination papers to attempt to dodge the draft and evade paying taxes.
    Last edited by consolidation; 07-04-2017 at 10:52 AM. Reason: ESL yet again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on this website are solely those of their respective authors.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42