LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: 925 524-3099 Cell Phone Spammers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

925 524-3099 Cell Phone Spammers

These clowns at 925 524-3099 keep calling my cell phone with their credit card debt reduction crap. I reported them:

https://complaints.donotcall.gov/com...aintcheck.aspx

They have been calling several times a week. I caught them today and the representative hung up the minute I started on my tirade about not spamming my cell phone. This is precisely why I think Adam Horwitz is a complete moron. I don't want harassing solicitation calls or texts on my cell phone and I am not interested in paying for extra charges for this garbage!

Soapboxmom
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 925 524-3099 Cell Phone Spammers

It appears to be viral yesterday. Just googled the number and a lot of complaints posted yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

After a good talking to for several reps those clowns just called me again. How many ways that are G rated can I say don't call my cell phone if you want to see your next birthday???

Soapboxmom
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

This is a credit card phishing attempt. My credit union sent out memos that our information had been stolen / sold. I work in credit card security so I was on the lookout for attempts. They have called a few times and I follow the prompts to speak to a representative. When I get a human on the phone I answer their questions until they ask me to confirm my credit card account information. Then I ask to speak to a supervisor and they hang up the phone. This scenario has played out a few times since my contact information was stolen as part of a list from my credit union. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY INFORMATION - IT IS A SCAM!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome, Derf!

Awesome information! I got a lecture from the last clown I spoke to about they had a right to call because I had a Visa or Mastercard. Nonsense.

I have had my credit card number stolen before. A waiter or employee of a restaurant in downtown Dallas got our number and charged $1,800.00 worth of Mesquite rodeo tickets. I get e-mails for any charge exceeding $300.00 so I caught it immediately. The slimy fraudster didn't even do us the courtesy of inviting us along. Discover reversed the charge, but the fraudster(s) did not get criminally charged. I am not sure if they were ever able to discern exactly who was responsible.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

I recieved a call from them yesterday and ask them to take me off of there call list and they told me that to do that I had to guess a 6 letter religious name that ends in t. i told them that I don"t care what the name is and that I want off there list then thay told me that I was still on the list and hung up.What a joke.

Post Thanks / Like

By the way this was on my land line

Post Thanks / Like

Lower credit card rates? Hardly

Saturday, June 18 1:05 am

By JOHN BURNETT
    Tribune-Herald staff writer

Police say a telephone "phishing" scam seeking credit card numbers and other financial information of cell phone users appears to be widespread.

"We haven't had any reports of people actually being victimized yet," said Lt. Greg Esteban of the Criminal Investigations Section. He added that Big Island police have received numerous reports of "robo calls" to cell phone users. The automated call says it's from "account services" with a purported offer for recipients to lower their credit card interest rates.

"It's definitely a phishing scam," he said.

Esteban said Friday that he received three such calls on his mobile phone.

"The second time, I answered the call and what I got was an automated female voice saying if I wanted to lower the interest rates on my credit card, to press No. 1."

Esteban said that on the third call, he pressed 1, and a woman asked him to give her his credit card numbers.

"As soon as she asked me for a credit card number, I asked, 'Wouldn't you have them over there?' And she hung up," he said.

A number of Tribune-Herald staffers also received similar calls on Thursday and Friday, with the number 925-524-3099 appearing on caller ID Area code 925 covers the greater Oakland, Calif., area.

An attempt to call that number was greeted by a recorded male voice intoning: "Sorry, your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again, or call the operator to help you."

"I ran a check on the phone number and it came back to a generic phone number in California," Esteban said. "... They use different types of phone banks that give a fictitious location. I went online and checked out complaints about that phone number."

Esteban said that cell phone users in places such as Denver and Phoenix were also receiving the calls.

The blog http://800notes.com has a thread chronicling the scam with posts as recent as Thursday.

Noted one anonymous poster: "When I hit '1' to speak to a live person, they immediately identified themselves as being with 'your bank' and represent VISA/Mastercard. I played along and politely started digging into more info about their company. This made the caller 'John' (yeah right), very uncomfortable and he kept on saying he was with Client Services with MY bank. When I told him I had multiple banks and which one it was, he became verbally abusive and sarcastic, saying, 'oh you're one of THOSE types!!'" The poster stated the individual on the phone then hung up.

Special Agent Tony Lang of the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Honolulu office said he's heard about this scam.

"We receive a lot of these referrals for these phishing scams; we see them daily," he said. "We have a task force that addresses these cases. We also have a website; it's http://www.ic3.gov. People can actually write in their complaints and they'll filter down to our office."

"This is like a mass marketing-type operation where they send out thousands of these calls and a couple of people will actually give them this information," Lang continued. "The way we try to address this is through education. We go out to community groups and schools and tell them about the identity theft and phishing scams we've seen and to not respond back, because you can't get something for nothing, even if it's reducing your credit card interest rates."

Email John Burnett at jburnett@hawaiitribune-herald.com.

Lower credit card rates? Hardly | Hawaii Tribune Herald
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing