Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By EagleOne
  • 2 Post By EagleOne

Thread: "Deceased Relative", Inheritance, with a bit of a twist ...

  1. #1
    JohnH is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3

    "Deceased Relative", Inheritance, with a bit of a twist ...

    This is my 1st post, so I Hope I'm not crossing Any lines here... (yes, Ma'am,.. I read the rules...*)

    I got an email today from someone calling herself "Fiona Xxxxxx", serving as a Senior Researcher for Bentley Genealogical Investigators (which Neither seem to be obvious hits as a "bad" name or site... that I've found yet, except that the "FROM:" and "REPLY TO:" addresses are different - from:cbu@b2inovations.biz, and reply to: f.clarke@gmail.com ["Fiona's", I'm sure], which is Usually my Red Flag* ... that, and the fact it's gmail .... Nothing personal to anybody Here* that may use google mail, just MY experience with them isn't good), claiming they have determined me to be an heir (...of course).

    I've copied a portion of the message source text below;

    This message is about a multi million pound inheritance you may be due=
    =2E
    We know it may come to you as a shock, however we write in relation to=
    your relative Mr. Anthony Hudson, who died on 22nd of August 2006 whe=
    n a plane he was traveling on crashed in Ukraine.
    =20
    Since you may not know him personally, he was until his death a direct=
    or of oil company and amassed a huge fortune that has remained unclaim=
    since his death.
    =20
    It's been difficult finding a relative of late Mr. Hudson as he was an=
    only child and never married.=20
    If you are interested in collecting your inheritance, get back to me p=
    romptly so we can start the paper work of transferring his estate to y=
    ou promptly.
    =20
    The transfer process should take just a matter of days as we have alre=
    ady started the probate process.
    =20
    Please accept our sympathy at your loss as we hope to work with you to=
    transfer the estate to you as quickly as possible.
    =20
    Note that our services does not cost you a cent upfront as we are paid=
    10% of the estate we help you recover at the end of the service.=20
    =20
    We await your response.
    =20
    Regards,
    =20
    Ms. Fiona Clarke
    Senior Researcher
    Bentley Genealogical Investigators
    =20
    Message ID: W8ERCIRC
    =20
    Click here to unsubscribe from our mail list
    =20
    End of Message

    ... which, again, Seems to be 'ok' ... BUT my Gut tells me this is bogus, I just can't find that Obvious internet site confirmation*.
    -no $$$ up front
    -no phishing (multiple email addresses looking for a 'bite')
    -no hits on the name or the business or the email address
    - - - That I Can Find*

    ...What Do You* Think... ?

    Hope you All have a Decent Day,
    &thanks

  2. #2
    ribshaw's Avatar
    ribshaw is offline Nigerian Ministry
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Internet Cafe Nigeria
    Posts
    4,983

    Re: "Deceased Relative", Inheritance, with a bit of a twist ...

    Welcome to the site John, unless you have a brother Dave then I suspect your senses about this being a scam are right on. cbu@b2inovations.biz - Comments and Complaints

    Capture.JPG

    Or one of these folks

    Capture1.JPG

    As for the "scam" end of it, if they don't ask for money at some point in the process, which I bet they will, then I suspect they are looking to steal people's identities.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

  3. #3
    JohnH is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3

    Re: "Deceased Relative", Inheritance, with a bit of a twist ...

    Thanks, ribshaw*!! That truly answers My question ... thanks for the link, as well.
    ... and I agree about the ID theft probability.

    yet Another that needs to be Stopped ... Thanks!

  4. #4
    ribshaw's Avatar
    ribshaw is offline Nigerian Ministry
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Internet Cafe Nigeria
    Posts
    4,983

    Re: "Deceased Relative", Inheritance, with a bit of a twist ...

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Thanks, ribshaw*!! That truly answers My question ... thanks for the link, as well.
    ... and I agree about the ID theft probability.

    yet Another that needs to be Stopped ... Thanks!
    I have been looking at a bunch of these lately and I must admit that sometimes when I read them I think what if. And for good measure I emailed SCAMMER f.clarke@gmail.com to see if any of that good fortune happened to fall on my plate as well.

    A few serious notes though that occurred to me about this. In the US every state has an unclaimed property database and usually with very little effort you can search for free. A friend recently found a paid up life insurance policy that his father had taken out years back. Plane crashes in the Ukraine I got nothing there.

    Unclaimed Money: 12 Sources of Forgotten Funds - ABC News

    Most of the letters have phone numbers with some variation of this. Fraudwatchers +4470 Phone Numbers

    Personal forwarding phone numbers (also called "UK global redirects") are easily recognized, and they are a major red flag when it comes to identifying scams or scammers. The number is often given in the format +447024013818. The country code, (the +44) seemingly indicates that the number is UK-based number. The 70 prefix, however, identifies it as a personal forwarding number.

    This is also kind of handy if you pull up the email header for the ip address. How to find the IP address of the email sender in Gmail, Yahoo mail, Hotmail, AOL, Outlook Express, etc. You can dump it here IP Tracker: Trace IP, Track IP Address, IP Tracking, Tracer, What is My IP, Find IP Address and get an idea of where it may have originated. Not that that could not be faked, but not many folks in the UK are sending their emails from Ghana.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

  5. #5
    Dr. Bob is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    229

    Re: "Deceased Relative", Inheritance, with a bit of a twist ...

    If you really want to see what kind of a scam these deceased relatives, saddam husseins money, etc. are. Reply to one with some sort of feigned interest.

    Within a week your in box will be flooded with a thousand of them! Personally, I think they are all a batch of baloney.
    I got one from some British general who supposedly had ten million dollars they took from Saddam Hussein's Castle. I looked up his name in a list of British Generals and sure enough, he was there. However the picture of the general wasn't even close to the picture of the guy who sent me the letter! If he had half a brain, he would have just used a pic of the real general. I guess he didn't have half a brain!

    Regards,
    Dr. Bob

    PS. Even if it was true I would not get involved with that kind of money smuggling!

  6. #6
    EagleOne's Avatar
    EagleOne is offline Elite Scambuster
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,723

    Re: "Deceased Relative", Inheritance, with a bit of a twist ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bob View Post
    If you really want to see what kind of a scam these deceased relatives, saddam husseins money, etc. are. Reply to one with some sort of feigned interest.

    Within a week your in box will be flooded with a thousand of them! Personally, I think they are all a batch of baloney.
    I got one from some British general who supposedly had ten million dollars they took from Saddam Hussein's Castle. I looked up his name in a list of British Generals and sure enough, he was there. However the picture of the general wasn't even close to the picture of the guy who sent me the letter! If he had half a brain, he would have just used a pic of the real general. I guess he didn't have half a brain!

    Regards,
    Dr. Bob

    PS. Even if it was true I would not get involved with that kind of money smuggling!
    Rather surprised since what he was offering wasn't that much off from what Paul Burks and Roman Novak were offering, and you bit on both.
    EagleOne
    Founder/President Eagle Research Associates
    http://eagleresearchassociates.org
    http://swindles.org
    Author: "Robbing You With A Keyboard Instead Of A Gun - Cyber Crime How They Do It" available in soft cover and eBook at Amazon.com
    Lifetime Member of the National Association of Distinguished Professionals

  7. #7
    Dr. Bob is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    229

    Re: "Deceased Relative", Inheritance, with a bit of a twist ...

    Hello Ribshaw,

    Got this one today,,,, go gettem Tiger!!


    Alloys Young Momanyi..dear I want us to share something please! will you mind?
    .27 minutes ago
    hi
    (me).hello, wats up
    .Nothing men,only ups and downs
    (me).so how can i help you
    .You can help me in any way that you wish. But I could like to be in school
    (me).then go to school
    (me)take out a student loan
    .No,the problem is school fees
    (me).so you are begging from strangers?
    .We dont have that here
    I am begging from anybody who will fell like helping me.
    .11:18am
    (me)I will see if I can put you in touch with just the right people who can help you
    .it is only 8000
    (me).only?
    (me)I think I know who can help, I will contact him
    .Ok,thank you. I am sorry to begg but it is because I lost my parents and no one is will to pay my school fees
    I am sorry to bother but I want to ask you when do you think you can help the one you know who will help me

    Regards,
    Dr. Bob

  8. #8
    ribshaw's Avatar
    ribshaw is offline Nigerian Ministry
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Internet Cafe Nigeria
    Posts
    4,983

    Re: "Deceased Relative", Inheritance, with a bit of a twist ...

    Get me the email Dr. Bob, I am still waiting to hear back on my plane crash fortune.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

  9. #9
    EagleOne's Avatar
    EagleOne is offline Elite Scambuster
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,723

    Re: "Deceased Relative", Inheritance, with a bit of a twist ...

    My all-time favorite Nigerian 419 E-mail that I received was one from a "barrister" who had been searching for the relative of a young mother who was killed in the London terrorist bombings. They even included links to newspaper articles about the bombing and a picture of the deceased mother's photo. Try as hard as they could, they could not find a living relative, and of course wanted me to stand-in as the next of kin. They had all the paperwork ready for me to sign, and all they needed was my willingness to act in this capacity.

    In the links to the newspaper articles about the bombings, there was a picture in one of the articles of the deceased mother's husband and child. So I responded that I was shocked that this astute law firm and their crack research team had been unable to uncover any surviving relative to accept the funds from her bank account, in lieu of the fact it took me a whole 2 minutes to find her husband's name and address from the newspaper links they had so graciously sent me.

    I told them that since they were so eager to find and contact the surviving relative to receive these funds that I had forwarded their E-mail sent to me to her husband and the authorities so they could contact their law firm and obtain these funds that were rightrully theirs. Rather odd that I did not even get a "Thank You" for helping them find the true heir. Sometimes you just have to have fun with these scammers.
    EagleOne
    Founder/President Eagle Research Associates
    http://eagleresearchassociates.org
    http://swindles.org
    Author: "Robbing You With A Keyboard Instead Of A Gun - Cyber Crime How They Do It" available in soft cover and eBook at Amazon.com
    Lifetime Member of the National Association of Distinguished Professionals

  10. #10
    Dr. Bob is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    229

    Re: "Deceased Relative", Inheritance, with a bit of a twist ...

    Quote Originally Posted by ribshaw View Post
    Get me the email Dr. Bob, I am still waiting to hear back on my plane crash fortune.
    Here ya go!!

    Give him aroicemomanyi@yahoo.com.that is the email he can use.that you dear friend.

    She wants me to give her 8k so she can go to school after her parents died? And this is my problem, why>?

    Regards,
    Dr. Bob

  11. #11
    Dr. Bob is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    229

    Re: "Deceased Relative", Inheritance, with a bit of a twist ...

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    My all-time favorite Nigerian 419 E-mail that I received was one from a "barrister" who had been searching for the relative of a young mother who was killed in the London terrorist bombings. They even included links to newspaper articles about the bombing and a picture of the deceased mother's photo. Try as hard as they could, they could not find a living relative, and of course wanted me to stand-in as the next of kin. They had all the paperwork ready for me to sign, and all they needed was my willingness to act in this capacity.

    In the links to the newspaper articles about the bombings, there was a picture in one of the articles of the deceased mother's husband and child. So I responded that I was shocked that this astute law firm and their crack research team had been unable to uncover any surviving relative to accept the funds from her bank account, in lieu of the fact it took me a whole 2 minutes to find her husband's name and address from the newspaper links they had so graciously sent me.

    I told them that since they were so eager to find and contact the surviving relative to receive these funds that I had forwarded their E-mail sent to me to her husband and the authorities so they could contact their law firm and obtain these funds that were rightrully theirs. Rather odd that I did not even get a "Thank You" for helping them find the true heir. Sometimes you just have to have fun with these scammers.

    Hello Eagle One,

    Just goes to show you that some lawyers (are they people too?), just ain't got no gratitude!!

    Regards,
    Dr. Bob

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on this website are solely those of their respective authors.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42