Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By path2prosperity
  • 1 Post By ribshaw

Thread: Okay, What is It? Free World Charter

  1. #1
    scratchycat's Avatar
    scratchycat is offline Elite Scambuster
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,477
    Blog Entries
    2

    Okay, What is It? Free World Charter

    Came across this in Facebook and guessing from whence it got its roots, I decided to start this thread so you folks can poke around and tell us what you think.

    The Free World Charter: What is The Free World Charter?

    The Free World Charter is a statement of principles that has the potential to optimise life on Earth for all species, eradicate poverty and greed, and advance progress.

    Neither political nor religious, these ten short principles could form the foundation of a new, advanced society that uses no money, is free, fair and sustainable. They are based solely on nature, common sense and survival.

    The Free World Charter is now widely considered a logical progression out of the failing mechanisms of today's society, and a natural step in our evolution.

    Quote slogan: "Let's make everything free." Oh wow, that sounds great!! I want to know just how much it is going to cost to make everything FREE!!

    Preamble

    In this year, 2013, our personal freedoms, environment and biodiversity have become critically endangered by our mismanagement of global resources.

    This charter document proposes ten fundamental principles on which to grow an entirely new world society based on fairness, common sense and survival. Once observed, these principles will realise human equality, minimise suffering and injustice, create a cooperative society that promotes progress and technology, and guarantees a healthy, diverse and sustainable world for all species.

    If you agree with this vision, please register your support by becoming a signatory and sharing this website and its ideals with your friends. It is only with popular support that we can effect the kind of changes now necessary to sustain life on Earth into the far future.



    freeworldcharter.org registry whois
    Updated 1 second ago - Refresh

    Domain ID:D159936249-LROR
    Domain Name:FREEWORLDCHARTER.ORG
    Created On:19-Aug-2010 12:00:06 UTC
    Last Updated On:20-Aug-2012 01:23:55 UTC
    Expiration Date:19-Aug-2013 12:00:06 UTC
    Sponsoring Registrar:Register.IT SPA (R124-LROR)
    Status:CLIENT DELETE PROHIBITED
    Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
    Status:CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED
    Registrant ID:a47fb1598a54
    Registrant Name:GLOBAL DOMAIN PRIVACY
    Registrant Organization:GLOBAL DOMAIN PRIVACY
    Registrant Street1:Via Montessori s/n
    Registrant Street2:
    Registrant Street3:
    Registrant City:Bergamo
    Registrant State/Province:BG
    Registrant Postal Code:24126
    Registrant Country:IT
    Registrant Phone:+39.0353230400
    Registrant Phone Ext.:
    Registrant FAX:+39.0353230312
    Registrant FAX Ext.:
    Registrant Email:email@globaldomainprivacy.net
    Admin ID:a450e2f5f7e2
    Admin Name:Privacy Global Domain
    Admin Organization:GLOBAL DOMAIN PRIVACY
    Admin Street1:Via Montessori s/n
    Admin Street2:
    Admin Street3:
    Admin City:Bergamo
    Admin State/Province:BG
    Admin Postal Code:24126
    Admin Country:IT
    Admin Phone:+39.0353230400
    Admin Phone Ext.:
    Admin FAX:+39.0353230312
    Admin FAX Ext.:
    Admin Email:email@globaldomainprivacy.net
    Tech ID:TC-a6c509e5fb
    Tech Name:Namesco Limited
    Tech Organization:Namesco Limited
    Tech Street1:Acton House, Perdiswell Park
    Tech Street2:
    Tech Street3:
    Tech City:Worcester
    Tech State/Province:England
    Tech Postal Code:WR3 7GD
    Tech Country:GB
    Tech Phone:+44.8453633630
    Tech Phone Ext.:
    Tech FAX:+44.8453633631
    Tech FAX Ext.:
    Tech Email:email@names.co.uk
    Name Server:NS1.HOSTING365.IE
    Name Server:NS2.HOSTING365.IE
    Name Server:NS3.HOSTING365.IE
    Name Server:
    Name Server:
    Name Server:
    Name Server:
    Name Server:
    Name Server:
    Name Server:
    Name Server:
    Name Server:
    Name Server:
    DNSSEC:Unsigned
    Don't get ripped off!! Stay informed!

  2. #2
    ribshaw's Avatar
    ribshaw is online now Nigerian Ministry
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Internet Cafe Nigeria
    Posts
    5,068

    Re: Okay, What is It? Free World Charter

    Scratchy, could you have picked an easier topic its almost the weekend.

    This certainly seems like a noble, although not real well thought out concept. But then there are no shortage of those movements that gain popularity. I think the biggest flaw that I see is it is very easy to discount the benefits people have received from a society where things are not free. In a similar fashion that someone who has never been sickened by unsafe water never gives a second thought to how that water stays safe. Could almost write for an entire day on the pluses and minuses of money as a medium of exchange, Capitalism, Socialism, dictators, greed, generosity, free will, and laziness. Or any combination thereof!

    One interesting discussion I had recently was with a taxi driver from somewhere in Africa, I just don't remember where. During the trip we got to talking about government. One thing he said about the US that stuck with me, is if the government sets out to build a bridge you will end up with a bridge. You will probably pay too much for it, it will take longer than expected, and it won't be as many lanes as people want. But still you will get a bridge. Where he was from, government is so corrupt that all the money allocated for the bridge would end up in a Swiss bank account. That is about as far from free as I can come up with in terms of the human condition. And when thinking through all the iterations of this, even in my own life I just don't see how we get to free. For instance, I donate to the local food bank but am not willing to donate so much that I can't feed my own family. Nor am I willing to donate so much that I can't afford cable tv, interwebs, AC and an occasional meal out. On the other side of that, the ability to earn money to pay for those things serves as a big motivator, so at some level I think it evens out.

    While I applaud these folks for generous thinking, it seems like it is going to fall pretty flat, unless the raise a lot of money.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

  3. #3
    scratchycat's Avatar
    scratchycat is offline Elite Scambuster
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,477
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Okay, What is It? Free World Charter

    Sorry Ribshaw, I forgot for a second it was a holiday weekend also!

    Where these people are concerned, you can almost BET there is a catch and a collection plate.
    Don't get ripped off!! Stay informed!

  4. #4
    path2prosperity's Avatar
    path2prosperity is offline Elite Scambuster
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    3,571

    Re: Okay, What is It? Free World Charter

    Quote Originally Posted by ribshaw View Post
    Scratchy, could you have picked an easier topic its almost the weekend.

    This certainly seems like a noble, although not real well thought out concept. But then there are no shortage of those movements that gain popularity. I think the biggest flaw that I see is it is very easy to discount the benefits people have received from a society where things are not free. In a similar fashion that someone who has never been sickened by unsafe water never gives a second thought to how that water stays safe. Could almost write for an entire day on the pluses and minuses of money as a medium of exchange, Capitalism, Socialism, dictators, greed, generosity, free will, and laziness. Or any combination thereof!

    One interesting discussion I had recently was with a taxi driver from somewhere in Africa, I just don't remember where. During the trip we got to talking about government. One thing he said about the US that stuck with me, is if the government sets out to build a bridge you will end up with a bridge. You will probably pay too much for it, it will take longer than expected, and it won't be as many lanes as people want. But still you will get a bridge. Where he was from, government is so corrupt that all the money allocated for the bridge would end up in a Swiss bank account. That is about as far from free as I can come up with in terms of the human condition. And when thinking through all the iterations of this, even in my own life I just don't see how we get to free. For instance, I donate to the local food bank but am not willing to donate so much that I can't feed my own family. Nor am I willing to donate so much that I can't afford cable tv, interwebs, AC and an occasional meal out. On the other side of that, the ability to earn money to pay for those things serves as a big motivator, so at some level I think it evens out.

    While I applaud these folks for generous thinking, it seems like it is going to fall pretty flat, unless the raise a lot of money.
    You have made some very good points "ribshaw" but man is a predator. The species is predatory and it will not change its basic nature. What is most likely to happen when the species at the top of the food chain is extinguished is that the second biggest predatory species takes over.

    In Asimov's story there is nobody to maintain the balance of nature so eco systems break down and
    deforistation sets in. Cats and dogs who had been introduced by man had evolved into dangerous predatory species and all life is eventually extinguished.

    Asimov speculated on the matter and I like his line of thinking.

  5. #5
    ribshaw's Avatar
    ribshaw is online now Nigerian Ministry
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Internet Cafe Nigeria
    Posts
    5,068

    Re: Okay, What is It? Free World Charter

    Quote Originally Posted by scratchycat View Post
    Sorry Ribshaw, I forgot for a second it was a holiday weekend also!

    Where these people are concerned, you can almost BET there is a catch and a collection plate.
    They are on the Facebook https://www.facebook.com/freeworldcharter

    Capture.JPG

    I am left with a few thoughts, other than isn't that nice. I can remember more than one person who worked their whole life hating what that did, and the people they worked with even more. Within a short period of time after retirement they were sick or had passed away. And to pull from an old MLM quote, "the only place success comes before work is in the dictionary". I think their intentions seem well meaning, but not very realistic.

    Then there are plenty of things most of us would love to do, but serve no real purpose when done in mass. We can't all be rock stars, or surgeons, or president, even the circus needs someone to clean up after the elephants. The only reason a brick layer can pay to educate his children or go to the beach is that someone wants to pay him to lay bricks.

    You may be right on the money, I am wondering if this leads to some sort of a cult or similar where people are asked to give you their worldly possessions.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

  6. #6
    ribshaw's Avatar
    ribshaw is online now Nigerian Ministry
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Internet Cafe Nigeria
    Posts
    5,068

    Re: Okay, What is It? Free World Charter

    Quote Originally Posted by path2prosperity View Post
    You have made some very good points "ribshaw" but man is a predator. The species is predatory and it will not change its basic nature. What is most likely to happen when the species at the top of the food chain is extinguished is that the second biggest predatory species takes over.

    In Asimov's story there is nobody to maintain the balance of nature so eco systems break down and
    deforistation sets in. Cats and dogs who had been introduced by man had evolved into dangerous predatory species and all life is eventually extinguished.

    Asimov speculated on the matter and I like his line of thinking.
    I have been reading their Facebook page a little, contemplated asking a few questions, but they are in their own world. They bring up some valid concerns, some of which I share, I just am not reaching the same conclusions. For what they are proposing, it would be easier to set up a Super Hero's page were we all are assigned magic powers that enable us to tackle the world's problems.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on this website are solely those of their respective authors.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42