Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Should we have a sub-forum for individual names of known scammers?

  1. #1
    kschang is offline Senior Scambuster
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    866

    Should we have a sub-forum for individual names of known scammers?

    Would be interesting if we create sorta meta-index of known scammers and add updates to it as we found them, like was in scam X, associated with Y, etc. etc.

  2. #2
    scratchycat's Avatar
    scratchycat is offline Elite Scambuster
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,477
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should we have a sub-forum for individual names of known scammers?

    Quote Originally Posted by kschang View Post
    Would be interesting if we create sorta meta-index of known scammers and add updates to it as we found them, like was in scam X, associated with Y, etc. etc.
    Sounds like a great idea to me but Admins will be the ones to answer you. However, you can just start a thread on it and go from there. IMO

  3. #3
    Soapboxmom's Avatar
    Soapboxmom is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    7,946
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Should we have a sub-forum for individual names of known scammers?

    Kasey,

    You are welcome to give it a shot and another Admin or I can move it to an appropriate spot.

  4. #4
    laidback's Avatar
    laidback is offline Senior Troll
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,887

    Re: Should we have a sub-forum for individual names of known scammers?

    Probably need to spell out fairly specifically the "qualifications" for inclusion in the list.
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

  5. #5
    path2prosperity's Avatar
    path2prosperity is offline Elite Scambuster
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    3,563

    Re: Should we have a sub-forum for individual names of known scammers?

    That could cause problems for people with similar names to known scammers. Eagle accidently called me pathway2prosperity in a thread in this forum. He and almost everybody here knows that I am path2prosperity and that my domain has nothing to do with Nickers Smirnow and pathway2prosperity, so I did not make a song and dance about a typo. However a simple mistake like that, could cause real problems for somebody if it got picked up by a search engine.

    If anybody here believed I was an associate of Smirnow or that I had been a member the of pathway2prosperity scam, they would have had my guts to make their garters or produced some evidence to show that it was true, a long time ago. I can defend myself when I am speaking to people but I have no idea how to argue with robots.

  6. #6
    laidback's Avatar
    laidback is offline Senior Troll
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,887

    Re: Should we have a sub-forum for individual names of known scammers?

    Quote Originally Posted by path2prosperity View Post
    That could cause problems for people with similar names to known scammers. Eagle accidently called me pathway2prosperity in a thread in this forum. He and almost everybody here knows that I am path2prosperity and that my domain has nothing to do with Nickers Smirnow and pathway2prosperity, so I did not make a song and dance about a typo. However a simple mistake like that, could cause real problems for somebody if it got picked up by a search engine.

    If anybody here believed I was an associate of Smirnow or that I had been a member the of pathway2prosperity scam, they would have had my guts to make their garters or produced some evidence to show that it was true, a long time ago. I can defend myself when I am speaking to people but I have no idea how to argue with robots.
    You...have...to...talk...slow...and...jerky...! A lot like arguing with MMB, and about as fruitful...!;-)
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

  7. #7
    path2prosperity's Avatar
    path2prosperity is offline Elite Scambuster
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    3,563

    Re: Should we have a sub-forum for individual names of known scammers?

    Quote Originally Posted by laidback View Post
    You...have...to...talk...slow...and...jerky...! A lot like arguing with MMB, and about as fruitful...!;-)
    Thanks for the advice "laidback." If a member of Interpol knocks on my door to see if Smirnow is hiding in a closet, I will keep you all informed!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on this website are solely those of their respective authors.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42