LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Say What???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Say What???

Go to an air show where the military has some things going on, Doc, (Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, etc.) and see just how crazy slow a jet fighter can go, it will blow your mind. I've seen them literally crawl through the air so slow you wonder how they don't fall out of the sky. Much like laidback describes. Amazing stuff.
    "Never judge a man until you’ve walked a mile in his shoes...
    Because then it doesn't matter, you’re a mile away and you have his shoes!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by laidback View Post
    They would have to put down their gear, bring out full flaps and then slog along in "slow flight" with nose high and they could about match the cruise speed of a C172. It would be a bit nerve racking because the F-16 would be sitting on the ragged edge of a stall at all times.
    You are exactly right Laidback. High AOA, flaps down, thrust up and to also avoid stalling, the two jets will fly a racetrack pattern around the slower moving plane. Be pretty scarey to see that and watch them do some rolls and maybe launch a few flares your way. lol I always think of that scene in Air Force One when the F-15's are dogging the 747 and the one alongside the cockpit, rolls to port to show the missiles on it's belly. That would pretty much get my attention.

Funny enough, my F/0 read somewheres today that the Discovery channel is going to be producing a series about Ferry Pilots. I had told him I had posted about our Canada trip on here. That just cracked us up. They could have a two days of he and I shopping, sitting, waiting, playing cards, scratching ourselves, sleeping, watching tv, dicking around on our laptops, taking walks, calling home, drinking cup after cup of coffee, eating several meals, staring out of windows, being elated because we had brought spare underwear and socks, all while waiting to get our papers approved and then five minutes of actual flying. Man, that would keep viewers glued to their seats. Lmao
    Last edited by A Life Aloft; 02-18-2011 at 03:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Life Aloft View Post
    Funny enough, my F/0 read somewheres today that the Discovery channel is going to be producing a series about Ferry Pilots. I had told him I had posted about our Canada trip on here. That just cracked us up. They could have a two days of he and I shopping, sitting, waiting, playing cards, scratching ourselves, sleeping, watching tv, dicking around on our laptops, taking walks, calling home, drinking cup after cup of coffee, eating several meals, staring out of windows, being elated because we had brought spare underwear and socks, all while waiting to get our papers approved and then five minutes of actual flying. Man, that would keep viewers glued to their seats. Lmao
    You're selling yourself short.

If the Osbornes can be paid for allowing cameras to follow them around, there has GOT to be at least a miniseries worth of footage to be had watching the Canadian bureaucracy screw you guys over.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing