|Purpose:Spreading Good News to the World!
Cover to Cover Campaign
One of the greatest and most rewarding tasks you can ever accomplish is the reading of the Bible from Genesis all the way through Revelation. If you would like to start this journey (we read slowly), you are welcome to join an ever-growing group! Simply signify your intentions by clicking here. You will be blessed!
NEW TO THE BIBLE? If you are a new Christian or just haven't done much Bible reading yet, prior to committing to the Cover to Cover Campaign, I suggest you read three books in the New Testament for starters. Read the books of Matthew, John, and James. These wonderful books will give you a great introduction to the Christian faith and will be very eye-opening for you! Starting here will allow you to have a fresh perspective to begin the Cover to Cover study.
Footsteps of Faith Messenger - Issue 178Tim Darnell The time is already here. It is a time where Believers and Non-Believers are so distinctly divergent in their views that multiple battles are taking place on many fronts all over the world. I vividly see distinct battle-lines as Founder of a boldly Christ-centered business that functions in a secular marketplace. And I believe the divide is going to become more pronounced and confrontational for both sides in the very near future.
Which side are you on?
- Non-Believers – the world. Many in this vast population even call themselves Christian, but really don’t, won’t, and can’t stand up for anything, and they are determined to not bother anyone else. Factually, the majority of Christians fall into this category. They believe the distinction between right or wrong is a personal decision because there really are no absolutes or standards in life worth being vocal about, especially if it could lead to disagreement or conflict. These are people guided much more by the world, anything that is financially expedient, and society’s popular trends, than they are led by their belief in Jesus Christ and the presence of the Holy Spirit (this very sentence is to them, ‘gobble-di-goop’). They arepolitically correct. They are much more led by and dependent on the company in which they are employed, and their paycheck than they are their convictions regarding Jesus. Virtually all of their decisions are made based on the almighty dollar, not Almighty God.
Who are Non-Believers?
- Nominal Christians – Christian in name only, milquetoast observers of “religion”, but people who lack a genuine foundation in, and reliance on, the Bible - and in reality possess few convictions about anything. Pleasure seeking, they don’t have genuine joy regarding the redeemed life or salvation. They may not like evil, but they’re not really against abortion, the homosexual and anti-traditional marriage movement, or religions and entities that are not Christ centered. Discernment is not Biblically based for them, but rather a personal, day to day cognitive process (human reasoning is the real guide).
- Social Chameleons - adapt to whatever environment they are currently in regardless of beliefs and classification. “It’s all good…” When in church, they are Christians. When in a rock concert, they’re equally as committed to, and part of a God-less, hedonistic scene.
- New Agers – have an affinity for positive materials, but refer to God as the higher power, or the universe. They view Jesus as a very good person, the master teacher (if the subject of His Name comes up at all), although only one of many. The Bible is good for the New Ager only for the fact that it has some good “sayings” and quotes that can be used to support whatever mystical theory (“secret”) they are promoting at the time.
- Agnostics – it doesn’t matter whether or not there is a spiritual realm or the ‘so-called’ God of the Bible.
- Atheists – there is no God.
- Believers –Christ-centered individuals who believe and live their life according to their belief in Jesus Christ, the Word of God - every day of the week. They are not perfect by any stretch, but they believe that there is such a thing as unwavering truth - solid absolutes that can be ascertained via the Bible and revelation from the Holy Spirit, and that those directives can be lived by and lived out. They believe that these absolutes are worthy of maintaining and striving for. These vibrant, Politically Incorrect people are not ruled by the world’s standards or by what the world thinks of them, but rather, rely on the Word of God on a daily basis for direction, strength, and discernment. They believe Jesus Christ (not just God, and not the church, the Pope, a political party, or a church’s constitution) is central to, and vitally important for, every aspect of their life.
If you haven’t made distinct choices about what you really believe in life, then it’s easy to migrate in and out of any business, club, church, organization, country, etc., without any problem at all. You can be a social chameleon, changing your beliefs to suit the people with whom you are currently in contact. The ‘easy’ thing about being adaptable as a social chameleon is that no one will really be threatened by you, because you are someone who really stands for nothing. You strive to be liked by whomever you are around at the time and that is exactly the kind of person most people prefer. Fitting in is the goal, rather than following Jesus.
Non-believers simply look for comfort and pleasure for themselves and their family. They sometimes will reach out to help others, but that is usually a short-lived, sporadic lifestyle when not prompted and sustained by genuine Godly strength.
The world is not threatened by Non-Believers, only by true Believers - strong individuals who know to Whom they belong, in Whom they believe, and Who they serve. To the dismay of the world, Believers are courageous enough to take a stand in their life. These are the Warriors – reminiscent of David’s mighty men. (Many of these Believer/Warriors are strong Christian women, lest you think I’m gender biased – which is not at all the case.) Warriors are individuals who go into the secular world with their message, beyond the four walls of the church, living their daily lives on the front lines. They are the ones who can be counted on to lovingly and firmly speak up for King Jesus and the Truth of the Bible regardless of environment or circumstances.
And Warriors are the very ones who will consistently bear the brunt of attack and persecution. Why - because people who truly believe in Christ present a disturbing challenge to those who have not taken a stand for the Truth. The message of the Gospel is Good News to those who believe, but it is horrifying to those who don’t. True Believers attend and support the church, but they live their lives outside of the four walls of the church in the light of His love smack dab in the middle of the dog-eat-dog world. Their light is evidenced in service, courage, diligence, work, consistency, congruence, patience, and tireless ministry away from the safety of the fortress of the church. But True Believers are irritating to the world. Their light is abhorrent to those who have chosen to dwell in the shadows. And Non-Warriors/Non-Believers certainly aren’t willing to go through what Warriors are willing to face and endure.
Warriors dare to speak up for Jesus in places that have formally or informally outlawed the mention of His Mighty Name. The marketplace is with few exceptions, one such place, if not the most needed place for this to happen. Say the name of Jesus in the marketplace. Do it consistently and watch the demons of hell come out from under the bogs and out of their comfortable cesspools, spewing hideous, wretched venom. Funny thing about those demons – they always prefer to work under the cover of darkness. They’re great at espionage and covert, cowardly hit and run tactics. But, boy, do they hate the light.
We’ve encountered many of those demons on the Internet. They can hurl their lies and hate-filled accusations, saying virtually anything they want about True Believers, their number one targets, because they can denunciate and attempt to destroy with very little fear of reprisal. Virtually all choose to remain anonymous for fear of being exposed! They’ll also resort to other methods, like making phone calls to try to malign and destroy a Believer’s character, business, and reputation, the content of those messages and calls always being jaded, twisted, and oftentimes, malicious lies.
“But, a good man, when attacked, allows time to prove him right.” (unknown)Demons of the Internet remind me of road-rage drivers who feel like they have license and power to attack others while in their cars. Those same people would never be involved in those kinds of attacks if they were person to person, not empowered by the machismo and shelter of their automobile – a strange, almost unexplainable phenomenon. People have aggressive tendencies that are dormant under certain conditions, yet are released and expressed in others. It is clear that there is more pent-up anger and hatred roaming around than we care to admit.
On the Internet, lies are the essence and substance of the attacks. In my case, one such attacker, a Heather Dobrott from Garland, Texas, has literally and physically stalked me and my top Representative, Jack Weinzierl, for over two years now.We only now know her name after she called many of our Guest Mentors, hotel management, our Pastors and Staff of our churches. This has gone on for literally years, although she finally made the mistake of leaving her real name and contact information with one of our speakers. She’s made defaming my name and character, including several of our top business associates, a career path. I’m still mystified by her hatred and obsession, but it is indeed the reality we’ve experienced.
Well, Tim, that’s certainly not politically correct to share her name in a published document. Exactly. That’s what the enemy relies on – nobody taking a stand; nobody enunciating the truth. The enemy relies on our abdication of the podium. The problem with our not speaking up is that it turns the microphone over to the enemy, front and center. If I knew a thief that was clearly robbing homes in your neighborhood, would you prefer that I not expose him and let you discover (the hard way) his real name after the fact - after you’ve been robbed? Those who stand for nothing believe you shouldn’t speak out. But Warriors understand the importance of knowing who the enemy is. When the enemy chooses you as a target, you’d better clearly understand, acknowledge and react to the fact of who they are and that you are indeed in a battle. In fact, naming your enemy is the first step to Slaying Your Giant©!