Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: A quick look at this site...

  1. #1
    Lisa is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    74

    A quick look at this site...

    Total new posts in the "Real or Scam? You decide" section today: 34

    Total new posts in the "George the Gorilla in that Jungle -- Scam.com" thread today: 45

    You guys literally post more about scam.com on this site than ANYTHING else.

  2. #2
    Porkchop Express's Avatar
    Porkchop Express is offline Thunder Chunky
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    14

    Re: A quick look at this site...

    It's getting pretty sad actually.
    No time for love, Doctah Jones

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    43

    Re: A quick look at this site...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Total new posts in the "Real or Scam? You decide" section today: 34

    Total new posts in the "George the Gorilla in that Jungle -- Scam.com" thread today: 45

    You guys literally post more about scam.com on this site than ANYTHING else.

    The posts in the "George the Gorilla in that Jungle -- Scam.com" where merged into a separate thread titled "Hot, Horny, and Hoping" Sojustask had made the prediction that the thread would be deleted because soapboxmom would not be able to withstand the heat from the thread. SoJuskAsks prediction has proven to be accurate as the thread is now gone.

    I have a feeling in a few weeks we will get off the topic of scam.com.... but of course all the angry and bitter members (including myself) of scam.com have come to this forum which is why the topic of scam.com has been the focus of topic as of yet.

  4. #4
    Lisa is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    74

    Re: A quick look at this site...

    Ya, I saw that the thread was gone. If I'm being entirely honest it feels like Len all over again with that one. A thread where the admin makes the title (which was actually a personal jab at one of the posters), I ask several legitimate questions but never receive any answers... then it disappears. I was under the impression that this site was supposed to be better, but I see that while some of us are trying to post in the scam sections... others have been spending almost all their time here. To be entirely honest, I've been told how much better Soapboxmom is than sojustask, how sojustask was this bitch and horrible person who did horrible things. I really don't see how SBM is any better after seeing that thread that got deleted.

  5. #5
    Doc Bunkum's Avatar
    Doc Bunkum is offline Senior Scambuster
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    723

    Re: A quick look at this site...

    Oh, the joys of being a Moderator!
    Len Clements: Mensa Society (155 IQ)

    Stephen Hawking: "People who boast about their IQ are losers."

  6. #6
    Earl Lee Tobed's Avatar
    Earl Lee Tobed is offline Squadron Capitano.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    5000 feet.
    Posts
    359

    Re: A quick look at this site...

    Quote Originally Posted by Subway_Eat Fresh!!! View Post
    The posts in the "George the Gorilla in that Jungle -- Scam.com" where merged into a separate thread titled "Hot, Horny, and Hoping" Sojustask had made the prediction that the thread would be deleted because soapboxmom would not be able to withstand the heat from the thread. SoJuskAsks prediction has proven to be accurate as the thread is now gone.

    I have a feeling in a few weeks we will get off the topic of scam.com.... but of course all the angry and bitter members (including myself) of scam.com have come to this forum which is why the topic of scam.com has been the focus of topic as of yet.
    The thread was deleted for one reason and one reason only,it was "trash".This forum is better than that---end of!
    The Ray st Clair/Gary Beaver Saga.
    www.realscam.com

  7. #7
    fastmoney's Avatar
    fastmoney is offline All Around Great Guy!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    75

    Re: A quick look at this site...

    Quote Originally Posted by Subway_Eat Fresh!!! View Post

    I don't know what planet this guy thinks he is on.....but clearly it is not earth!
    Actually, it would clearly have to be earh... Or you know something we all don't know!!!
    What ever happened to that guy? What was his name.. Ben, Finn... That's right it was Len!!!

  8. #8
    GlimDropper's Avatar
    GlimDropper is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,196

    Re: A quick look at this site...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Total new posts in the "Real or Scam? You decide" section today: 34

    Total new posts in the "George the Gorilla in that Jungle -- Scam.com" thread today: 45

    You guys literally post more about scam.com on this site than ANYTHING else.
    Lisa raises a good point, but I'm not sure this was unexpected or surprising. There are some hard feeling left over from "over there" and some people are indulging in the freedom afforded here that was suppressed in our old home. Some perhaps too much but that's part of why we wanted an off topic category in general and a rant forum in particular, to let people have their say (within some limits). We try to keep it in one place so the people with no interest in it wont have to wade through it to get to the content they came for and the people who just want to vent won't be distracted people asking them to stay on topic in other forum sections. Will our content to consternation ratio improve with time? I'll do what I can to help see it does.

    Ya, I saw that the thread was gone. If I'm being entirely honest it feels like Len all over again with that one. A thread where the admin makes the title (which was actually a personal jab at one of the posters), I ask several legitimate questions but never receive any answers... then it disappears. I was under the impression that this site was supposed to be better, but I see that while some of us are trying to post in the scam sections... others have been spending almost all their time here. To be entirely honest, I've been told how much better Soapboxmom is than sojustask, how sojustask was this bitch and horrible person who did horrible things. I really don't see how SBM is any better after seeing that thread that got deleted.
    It's a holiday weekend and I have family in town, I did see some of what was going on in that thread but not all of it. Last I saw LM was having a good time, giving better than she got a steering very close to the kind of content that the owner of scam might be willing to pay for on one of his porn sites. I don't know exactly why it was moderated but I know I'll find out. I don't find the comparison between SBM and either of the two people you mentioned in any way apt. She took an action she felt appropriate in a time frame when I and the other mods were offline, I would do the same if I felt it was warranted. But the difference is we are accountable to each other and to the community in a way that if she were being honest, even Sojustask would admit isn't possible at scam.

    Len did whatever the hell he wanted and we all know how that worked out. LM answers for someone who can't be troubled to pay attention to his site let alone act in it's best interests, it's an unenviable position. Here we work differently, the only person with final say does have his say but only on issues where there's an honest disagreement between SBM and myself, that doesn't happen often. So this means we'll never make mistakes or make unpopular decisions? No. It means if we make a mistake you wont get banned for pointing it out and it also means when we do make mistakes we have your feedback to help us avoid repeating it.

    Now I have charcoal that's getting hot enough for the plate of steaks that are ready to be grilled, and folks in from out of town to share them with. I hope you all enjoy your holiday, or for our non-American friends, enjoy your weekend.
    So your prophets of finance have fallen on their collective proverbial face, and you hear muffled voices calling: Welcome to the human race.
    You made a killing dealing real estate at NASA selling cemetery plots in outer space til some falling coffins crashed upon your doorstep: Welcome to the human race.

    Open up your heart...

    Welcome to RealScam.com.

  9. #9
    Wizzard7's Avatar
    Wizzard7 is offline "Knower of Things"
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas.
    Posts
    248

    Re: A quick look at this site...

    I, too, once enjoyed Scam.com, long, long ago. Plus, having a forum of my own makes it easy to see why admins get annoyed with some of our less tolerant/ill informed fellow Earthlings. We all know how much of a posterior pain they can sometimes be; I shall leave them unnamed.
    The more I am around people, the more I like my dog !!

    http://www.asdupdates.com/wordpress

  10. #10
    klondikemike's Avatar
    klondikemike is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17

    Re: A quick look at this site...

    Quote Originally Posted by GlimDropper View Post
    Lisa raises a good point, but I'm not sure this was unexpected or surprising. There are some hard feeling left over from "over there" and some people are indulging in the freedom afforded here that was suppressed in our old home. Some perhaps too much but that's part of why we wanted an off topic category in general and a rant forum in particular, to let people have their say (within some limits). We try to keep it in one place so the people with no interest in it wont have to wade through it to get to the content they came for and the people who just want to vent won't be distracted people asking them to stay on topic in other forum sections. Will our content to consternation ratio improve with time? I'll do what I can to help see it does.

    I don't know exactly why it was moderated but I know I'll find out. I don't find the comparison between SBM and either of the two people you mentioned in any way apt. She took an action she felt appropriate in a time frame when I and the other mods were offline, I would do the same if I felt it was warranted. But the difference is we are accountable to each other and to the community in a way that if she were being honest, even Sojustask would admit isn't possible at scam.


    Now I have charcoal that's getting hot enough for the plate of steaks that are ready to be grilled, and folks in from out of town to share them with. I hope you all enjoy your holiday, or for our non-American friends, enjoy your weekend.
    Enjoy your holiday and be sure to let us know why the thread was deleted.

    thanks

  11. #11
    Soapboxmom's Avatar
    Soapboxmom is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    8,021
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: A quick look at this site...

    That thread was getting close to some content that would be found on other websites George D. owns. We have to set the tone for the site and the site was not set up for that purpose. The Rant Forum has relaxed rules, but is not unmoderated. If that is the type of posting sojustask would like to be doing she will need to do that over at Scam.com.

    Soapboxmom

  12. #12
    klondikemike's Avatar
    klondikemike is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17

    Re: A quick look at this site...

    Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    That thread was getting close to some content that would be found on other websites George D. owns. We have to set the tone for the site and the site was not set up for that purpose. The Rant Forum has relaxed rules, but is not unmoderated. If that is the type of posting sojustask would like to be doing she will need to do that over at Scam.com.

    Soapboxmom
    There were 5 or six people posting on that thread ( inlcuding a moderator of this site )

    As the thread has been conveniently removed, I guess we will never know now.

    Should we all start saving posts in case threads and posts continue to mysteriously
    disappear?

    just askin

  13. #13
    Soapboxmom's Avatar
    Soapboxmom is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    8,021
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: A quick look at this site...

    Nothing about that disappearing is mysterious. Threads filled with sexual innuendo and baiting of members will be removed.

    Thanks for asking.

    Soapboxmom

  14. #14
    uvbindun is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2

    Re: A quick look at this site...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizzard7 View Post
    I, too, once enjoyed Scam.com, long, long ago. Plus, having a forum of my own makes it easy to see why admins get annoyed with some of our less tolerant/ill informed fellow Earthlings. We all know how much of a posterior pain they can sometimes be; I shall leave them unnamed.
    Yeah, it's a tough job moderating your own posts but somebody has gotta do it.

  15. #15
    Unsaved Trash is offline Another site bit the dust
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    376

    Re: A quick look at this site...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Total new posts in the "Real or Scam? You decide" section today: 34

    Total new posts in the "George the Gorilla in that Jungle -- Scam.com" thread today: 45

    You guys literally post more about scam.com on this site than ANYTHING else.
    So which way would you like to have it? You cannot have it both ways. You complain if it's one way, complain if it's going the other way. Make up your mind or join !$%^& in the flip-flop area. You can't please everyone. It seems you can't please anyone.
    Last edited by Soapboxmom; 07-06-2010 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Edited per OP's request
    GEORGE DRANICHAK - OWNER OF SCAM.COM, PORN MOGUL AND KING OF THE PORN SPAMMERS

  16. #16
    consolidation is offline Godwin's is straw
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    103

    Re: A quick look at this site...

    Do you have a policy on troll like behaviour? the previous "not to be mentioned" site was full of them and they seemed able to use all sorts of ridiculous claims without sanction!
    I would love to see a policy that states if heated debate turns nasty and someone uses" Godwin like writing" as a defence or attack they are then reproached by the community here, it may allow better debating?
    Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Your thoughts would be appreciated

  17. #17
    Soapboxmom's Avatar
    Soapboxmom is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    8,021
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: A quick look at this site...

    Quote Originally Posted by consolidation View Post
    Do you have a policy on troll like behaviour? the previous "not to be mentioned" site was full of them and they seemed able to use all sorts of ridiculous claims without sanction!
    I would love to see a policy that states if heated debate turns nasty and someone uses" Godwin like writing" as a defence or attack they are then reproached by the community here, it may allow better debating?
    Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Your thoughts would be appreciated
    Glad to see you back. You always do challenge us --- intellectually that is!

    Soapboxmom

  18. #18
    consolidation is offline Godwin's is straw
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    103

    Re: A quick look at this site...

    Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    Glad to see you back. You always do challenge us --- intellectually that is!

    Soapboxmom
    LMAO Thanks for the welcome SBM...I think?
    I just have to use one of these faces. emoticons arent they?

  19. #19
    Seriously?'s Avatar
    Seriously? is offline Just call me.... ahhh, no
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    201

    Re: A quick look at this site...

    Quote Originally Posted by consolidation View Post
    I just have to use one of these faces. emoticons arent they?
    Haha, smilies!!
    Don't take life too serious. You'll never escape it alive anyway.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on this website are solely those of their respective authors.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42