Thanks Thanks:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: Congratulations Cadell Evans on winning the Tour de France

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Cadell Evans on winning the Tour de France

Congratulations to Cadell Evans who today became the first Australian to win the prestigious 3 week Tour de France cycling race.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

2. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Congratulations Cadell Evans on winning the Tour de France

Congrats indeed. Can't believe how bad Schleck burned himself out in the mountains, though Evans kept pace with him.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the Schleck brothers had a choice.

All the commentators here were saying the Schlecks knew they had to put as much time as possible between themselves and Evans before the final time trial, because they knew Evans is a far superior sprinter.

57 seconds was never going to be enough gap going into the time trial stage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    I don't think the Schleck brothers had a choice.

All the commentators here were saying the Schlecks knew they had to put as much time as possible between themselves and Evans before the final time trial, because they knew Evans is a far superior sprinter.

57 seconds was never going to be enough gap going into the time trial stage.
    LOL...You mean you actually watch the Steroids de France??
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Post Thanks / Like

Mate, 3,430.5 kilometres over 22 days, I don't give a s**t whether some or all of them are using performance enhancers.

No one has ever pointed the finger at Evans.

If some of them are cheating, it only makes his victory more deserved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This tour had absolutely the highest number of crashes I have ever seen. I was surprised there was anybody left at the end to ride the last stage. Man was it hard to watch this year!

Soapboxmom
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Mate, 3,430.5 kilometres over 22 days, I don't give a s**t whether some or all of them are using performance enhancers.

Hmmm, I don't believe anybody had pointed fingers at Armstrong until the last race or two either...
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laidback View Post
    Hmmm, I don't believe anybody had pointed fingers at Armstrong until the last race or two either...
    Very true.

One can only sincerely hope Evans' win isn't tainted. at some time in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't care if they are on roids or not....to do what they do is just incredible. And more incredible if they aren't on roids.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    This tour had absolutely the highest number of crashes I have ever seen. I was surprised there was anybody left at the end to ride the last stage. Man was it hard to watch this year!

Soapboxmom
    I can't believe the 'half can't be eliminated' rule was actually invoked two days ago. I didn't know such a rule existed.

Post Thanks / Like

I also thought it was hilarious to see both the Schlecks standing taller than Evans on their podium lower levels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Will Armstrong be stripped of his titles may now be the question of the day:

Judge throws out Lance Armstrong's lawsuit aimed at halting doping probe - CNN.com
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Judge throws out Lance Armstrong's lawsuit aimed at halting doping probe - CNN.com
    Man that would be a shame and a darker mark on US cycling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    Man that would be a shame and a darker mark on US cycling.
    It certainly would!
    Ive followed Lance Armstrongs career for many years,and I dont believe for a moment that he has ever been guilty of doping. He has undergone every test devised hundreds of times and has never ever had a problem.
    Increasingly cyclists are resorting to "blood doping" which is replacing the blood with fresh via a partial or full blood transfusion.This gets rid of lactic acid etc and restores the cyclists energy.Currently this appears to be undetectable as no drugs are involved.Its highly dangerous though as one cyclist recently found out.His body was found in his hotel room with the apparatus attached!
    The Ray st Clair/Gary Beaver Saga.
    www.realscam.com

Post Thanks / Like

I love the tour, it is a long as the Olympics and getting to watch the same competitors strive day after day through differing terrain with geographical and historical commentary in a physical game of chess is wonderful, I admit to being sleep deprived when it finishes.
    The greatest competition on earth in my opinion....doping probably but there is a seemingly serious constant effort to keep it clean which is all we can reasonably expect.
    Viva !
    I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who has yet to saviour the feast that is this epic race.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Armstrong faces lifetime ban, loss of 7 Tour titles after dropping doping charges fight

Published August 23, 2012
    Associated Press

• July 6, 2010: Lance Armstrong grimaces prior to the start of the third stage of the Tour de France cycling race in Wanze, Belgium. (AP)

DEVELOPING: U.S. Anti-Doping Agency chief executive Travis Tygart says the agency will ban Lance Armstrong from cycling for life and strip him of his seven Tour de France titles for doping.

Armstrong on Thursday night dropped any further challenges to USADA's allegations that he took performance-enhancing drugs to win cycling's premier event from 1999-2005.

Armstrong says USADA doesn't have the authority to vacate his Tour titles. However, Tygart told The Associated Press that USADA can do it.

Tygart called the Armstrong case a "heartbreaking" example of a win-at-all costs approach to sports.

Read more: Armstrong faces lifetime ban, loss of 7 Tour titles after dropping doping charges fight | Fox News

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

wow.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Armstrong is a cancer survivor and a winner. No one can take away the wins he has made. He is just tired of fighting the legal battle and who can blame him. As it was reported this morning, any of the runners-up who might be given the awards have all been involved in drug enhancements - according to a story on CBS this morning. I was happy to see that Nike is supporting Lance Armstrong as his efforts have contributed greatly to a cancer fund.

Oh, I did not watch the races but it has to be quite an accomplishment to win, so congrats to Cadell Evans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    wow.......
    I think we're going to see quite a few more retrospective bannings in multiple sports.

Every time there's an advance in detection technology, they're going back over all the samples taken over previous years and retesting them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Feds won't pursue charges if Landis agrees to repay donors

Published August 24, 2012
    Associated Press

SAN DIEGO – Cyclist Floyd Landis says he has reached an agreement with federal prosecutors over allegations that he fraudulently solicited donations for a defense fund he set up to fight doping charges.
    Court documents show Landis is scheduled to appear before a federal judge Friday morning for a "deferred prosecution" hearing.
    Landis tells ESPN.com that at the hearing he will agree to repay all the donors within three years, and prosecutors will agree not to pursue charges. The Floyd Fairness Fund exceeded $1 million.
    ESPN says the document Landis will sign says that he raised money under false pretenses by saying he was innocent of doping. He later admitted that he did use performance-enhancing drugs.
    Landis was stripped of his 2006 Tour de France title.

Read more: Feds won't pursue charges if Landis agrees to repay donors | Fox News
    I remember when that creep Landis came to Dallas. My hubby has been a dedicated cyclist for years. A normal Saturday included a century(100 mile bike ride) Landis came to our local bike shop and club begging for those donations to defend himself and swearing he was totally innocent. He damn well ought to be refunding all of our dear fellow cyclists he conned!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

I remember when that creep Landis came to Dallas. My hubby has been a dedicated cyclist for years. A normal Saturday included a century(100 mile bike ride) Landis came to our local bike shop and club begging for those donations to defend himself and swearing he was totally innocent. He damn well ought to be refunding all of our dear fellow cyclists he conned!
    Interesting. The same can apply to the slugs that begged for money saying they were taking the government to court over ASD and now zeek.

23. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In a June letter to Armstrong, a copy of which was obtained by CNN, the USADA said it collected blood samples from Armstrong in 2009 and 2010 that were "fully consistent with blood manipulation including EPO use and/or blood transfusions."
    He won 7 tours during 1999-2005 so bloods collections should be from that period and not 4-5 years later... If there is no prove that he used any illegal doping substance during 1999-2005 he shouldn't lose the 7 titles...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fgold View Post
    He won 7 tours during 1999-2005 so bloods collections should be from that period and not 4-5 years later... If there is no prove that he used any illegal doping substance during 1999-2005 he shouldn't lose the 7 titles...
    Now there are proofs that he used it... He said that its impossible to win tour without it but there are many who want to proof that he is wrong...

And Cadel Evans is probably too old to win the tour this year... Froome or Contador will win.