Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: I mean, there's B/S and then there's THIS:

  1. #1
    littleroundman is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,336

    I mean, there's B/S and then there's THIS:

    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

  2. #2
    A Life Aloft is offline fled troglodyte invasion
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    908
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I mean, there's B/S and then there's THIS:

    Good Lord!!!! It's hard to believe that zillions of people turn out in droves to watch this crap isn't it? Then zillions more, watch it at home on tv. What's worse? Some of them actually believe that this type of wrestling is "real". lmao Who the hell was the fat guy outside the ring who stipped off his clothes and pranched around in the blue ball hugger? Tell me that wasn't the "S" Superman symbol on the front of them. lol

  3. #3
    littleroundman is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,336

    Re: I mean, there's B/S and then there's THIS:

    Quote Originally Posted by A Life Aloft View Post
    Tell me that wasn't the "S" Superman symbol on the front of them.
    Let me take a stab in the dark, here,

    S mall
    &
    S hrunk
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

  4. #4
    A Life Aloft is offline fled troglodyte invasion
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    908
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I mean, there's B/S and then there's THIS:

    Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    Let me take a stab in the dark, here,

    S mall
    &
    S hrunk
    ROTFL!!! Okay you made me "review" that section of the video again and ummm....er....you're right!!! If my retriever was wearing those, he'd have more to prance around about and he's been fixed!

  5. #5
    okosh's Avatar
    okosh is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tassi Australia
    Posts
    3,348

    Re: I mean, there's B/S and then there's THIS:

    Quote Originally Posted by A Life Aloft View Post
    Good Lord!!!! It's hard to believe that zillions of people turn out in droves to watch this crap isn't it? Then zillions more, watch it at home on tv. What's worse? Some of them actually believe that this type of wrestling is "real". lmao Who the hell was the fat guy outside the ring who stipped off his clothes and pranched around in the blue ball hugger? Tell me that wasn't the "S" Superman symbol on the front of them. lol
    Just as hard as it is to believe that zillions of people would tune in to watch Rambo run around the forrest killing 200 men??....

    Pro wrestling is not sport...Nor is it a real fight....It's entertainment just like the Rambo movie is

    It's also a multi million dollar industry....It's broadcast in 30 languages to more than 145 countries and into over 500 million homes each week...
    Revenue from merchandise is in the tens of millions....
    Millions more from DVD sales and Pay Per View sales...
    In fact over 200,000 PPV sales just last week....
    More people watch wrestling on a Monday night then what watch Monday night football....
    WWE Raw on Monday night is the most watched show on cable TV....Not just in America but in most countries around the world...

    It's also a better place to invest your money then say in a company like General Motors...
    Yes you can actually invest in pro wrestling on the New York stock market....
    But the company don't only do wrestling....They make movies...Release music....DVD's etc...

    The video above is from the minor legues...A small company that started in 2000 to fill the niche market left void after ECW went under....
    Sure the acting is crap...But that's no different to some of the B grade cable "Rambo" style films produced each week in Hollywood....
    Last edited by okosh; 02-04-2011 at 03:55 AM.
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

  6. #6
    Theophilus's Avatar
    Theophilus is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    It varies daily.
    Posts
    150

    Re: I mean, there's B/S and then there's THIS:

    Wow, talk about no shame what so ever.

    Anything for money I suppose.

  7. #7
    Eddie Haskell's Avatar
    Eddie Haskell is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    307

    Re: I mean, there's B/S and then there's THIS:

    LMAO. The part that got me was listening to the commentators at the 2:18 mark when the fat guy skids across the ring on his nose. I have seen a lot of matches but never seen that move. People watch this stuff for laughs and I sure got a bunch out of that clip.

  8. #8
    okosh's Avatar
    okosh is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tassi Australia
    Posts
    3,348

    Re: I mean, there's B/S and then there's THIS:

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Haskell View Post
    LMAO. The part that got me was listening to the commentators at the 2:18 mark when the fat guy skids across the ring on his nose. I have seen a lot of matches but never seen that move. People watch this stuff for laughs and I sure got a bunch out of that clip.
    The commentators play a huge role in the show....without them "selling" there is no show...
    Try watching wwe with the sound off and you'll see what I mean....
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

  9. #9
    A Life Aloft is offline fled troglodyte invasion
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    908
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I mean, there's B/S and then there's THIS:

    I guess like everything, it all depends on what some people find "entertaining". I watch the Discovery channels (3 different ones), the Travel channel, the History channels (2), National Geographic channels (2), the Science channel, The Learning Channel, Biography, Animal Planet, PBS channels (4), Food channels (3), Arts and Entertainment channel, sometimes the Military channel, etc., much more than I do any crappy movies or crappy tv shows. Plus I actually read books.

    Jerry Springer makes millions with his totally garbage tv show, but I sure as hell wouldn't call it quality entertainment either. Just because an enterprise makes money, it doesn't neccesarily give it any value or meaning at least for me. But I do like a good blow em up action flick once in a while. (not Rambo though lol not much of a Stallone fan)
    Last edited by A Life Aloft; 02-04-2011 at 04:19 AM.

  10. #10
    okosh's Avatar
    okosh is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tassi Australia
    Posts
    3,348

    Re: I mean, there's B/S and then there's THIS:

    Quote Originally Posted by A Life Aloft View Post
    Jerry Springer makes millions with his totally garbage tv show, but I sure as hell wouldn't call it quality entertainment either. Just because an enterprise makes money, it doesn't neccesarily give it any value or meaning at least for me. But I do like a good blow em up action flick once in a while. (not Rambo though lol not much of a Stallone fan)
    What Springer makes is a drop in the ocean compared to what pro wrestling makes...
    Found this wicki page that lists pro wrestling as not a million dollar business but a Billion dollar business...
    Portal:Professional wrestling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

  11. #11
    Seriously?'s Avatar
    Seriously? is offline Just call me.... ahhh, no
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    201

    Re: I mean, there's B/S and then there's THIS:

    Quote Originally Posted by okosh View Post
    What Springer makes is a drop in the ocean compared to what pro wrestling makes...
    Found this wicki page that lists pro wrestling as not a million dollar business but a Billion dollar business...
    Portal:Professional wrestling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Sad commentary on society.
    Don't take life too serious. You'll never escape it alive anyway.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

  12. #12
    A Life Aloft is offline fled troglodyte invasion
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    908
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I mean, there's B/S and then there's THIS:

    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously? View Post
    Sad commentary on society.
    That's kinda what I am thinking. That fact that this make billions is even more depressing. What does that say? I dunno....sometimes I look around at the general "public" and I see why things happen in the world the way they do and why things are so screwed up. The fact that they even try and dress up this performance as "Professional Wrestling" is a joke unto itself. It's not professional anything and certainly not even actual wrestling. It's like 3rd rate stuntmen often with strange hair dos and a bunch of tats, with ridiculous psuedo names in silly outfits with made up abilities and backgrounds throwing themselves around in fake throws, landings and such. Many of them are lard butts and past it age wise. That makes it even sillier. When women perform in this, it just kinda creeps me out. lol But I have many of total of fifteen minutes actually watching any of these events, while I am switching channels. It's all I could handle. I still don't get why this is entertaining either. But that's just me. Whatever floats a boat, I guess.
    Last edited by A Life Aloft; 02-04-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on this website are solely those of their respective authors.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42