Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: For Life a Loft

  1. #1
    Eddie Haskell's Avatar
    Eddie Haskell is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    307

    For Life a Loft

    Get on this one time Was not sure where to post this mods.



    Thanks LRM for teaching me how to post a vid.

    LAL, is that cool or what? Still trying to get in the air and have not lost the desire or stupidity. MY friends tell me IM nuts. They wont even fly and want to know whats in my will. Just need money. They dont want ot be around me and only want to know about my will.


    HOw cool is that dual wing by Aaron Tippen??? That was cool I think. He is doing it isnt he??
    Last edited by Eddie Haskell; 02-18-2011 at 04:11 AM.
    If its listed at the Talk Gold ponzi and crime forum its a SCAM.

  2. #2
    laidback's Avatar
    laidback is offline Senior Troll
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,011

    Re: For Life a Loft

    That looks a lot like the Stearman I flew at Vincennes University, but a lot of them were painted up in that yellow and blue scheme.

  3. #3
    A Life Aloft is offline fled troglodyte invasion
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    908
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: For Life a Loft

    Eddie....now that is flying! Two of my favorite planes are actually the Stearman and the Champ!!! I keep saying that at some point I will own one of them. That video is very cool.

    The desire for flight, never leaves you once you've tasted it. I still say (after you get your PPL), that finding a flying club near you is a great option to be able to fly with the members in their planes. Private pilots are always looking for someone to fly with. That and Fly-Ins. I went to one fly in last year and plan to make two this year. (Lakeland and OSH) Lakeland I will be flying in a friend's Champ and piloting another group's (that I belong to) DC-3 and at OSH we are flying the King there and will be part of the King formation fly in. Both flying clubs and fly-ins are just full of people who love to fly and appreciate the simple joys of being in the air. You will find plenty of Champs, Stearmans, a Bellanca, Viking, along with all kinds of Pipers, kit jobs, Cessnas and all sorts of marvelous tail draggers, etc. Both are very social, loads of fun and a great way to meet people and see a lot of mavelous airplanes if nothing else and have a great meal! It's all about fun and flying. It's inexpensive to do both of these activities. Have you made that damn eye exam appointment yet, btw??? First step. Time to shake a leg.

    Yeah Aaron is a pilot and owns several planes. He is often seen at various air shows. He has his own hangar and runway on his farm in Tennessee. He soloed when he was 16 years old and had his multi by the time he was 19, I believe. He flew for a few years as a Corporate pilot and had planned on jumping to thr airlines, but chose to pursue a music career. Probably a smart move considering what has happened to the airline industry. lol






  4. #4
    laidback's Avatar
    laidback is offline Senior Troll
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,011

    Re: For Life a Loft

    Now you got my reminisce gene kicked into high gear! When I was working on my II, I was going with a girl at the local FSS that owned the original Robertson 235 Cherokee.Robertson A/C payed the bill for us to attend the Abbotsford, BC Fly In and show the aircraft. That was nifty because it was the debut show for the Snowbirds, Anne Murray was there, and I got to meet her and Bob Hoover. He was there with his Shrike Commander and P51. Marvelous time.

  5. #5
    A Life Aloft is offline fled troglodyte invasion
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    908
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: For Life a Loft

    If I wasn't working as much as I am (going on another overnighter yet again today) I would be going to more events myself. I was able to make some of AOPA's convention last year (not nearly as much as I would have liked to) and it was right at my airport and in the city next to me. These events are more fun than a barrel of drunk monkeys and you meet terrific people and see all sorts of marvelous planes and have a ball! Did I mention the food? lol There was even a band and a big bbq right on the field at LGB when I went.

    Here is a list of just what is on AOPA's site:

    AOPA Online : Aviation Calendar Events

    You can reserach flying clubs in whatever city you live in and near by and flyins and also airshows in those cities right on the net.


    I encourage anyone with a love of flying to attend some events and have a wonderful day in the sun with terrtific people and great planes. Bring your dog, bring your wife, bring your friends, bring a cooler and a chair, bring whatever. It's all about the fun and the joy of flight. You won't regret a single second.

    Here is another link for Airshows: (there are a zillion of these on the net)

    2011 Airshow Schedule

    Hells bells Laidback, that is a terrific story. I have met/seen him a few times in the past. He was always at various aviation events. Terrific man. Seriously, a great guy. He is an icon. He has spoken, flown and appeared just everywhere. Yeager referred to him as the best Test pilot in the world at one time. He is considered one of the founding fathers of modern aerobatics, and was described by Jimmy Doolittle as, "the greatest stick-and-rudder man who ever lived." Can you imagine? In the Centennial of Flight edition of the Air & Space Smithsonian, he was named the third greatest aviator in history. It was an honor and an amazing experience for you to have met him, I am sure.

    I couldn't begin to count the awards and honors that he has earned in his aviation career. Just to see him in his P-51 or in any plane is something you will never forget. He's an amazing and extraordinary aviatior. His skill is truly unparalleled. Along with the likes of Neil Armstrong, he holds the Wright Brothers Master Pilots Trophy.

    This puppy??? Gotta love planes with wheel pants!!! Saw one last year going for 55 grand. Classic.


  6. #6
    A Life Aloft is offline fled troglodyte invasion
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    908
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: For Life a Loft

    Forgot, there are Waco and Pitts fly in events all over the country as well.





    Loads of EAA events all over the country as well:

    http://www.eaa.org/calendar/

  7. #7
    laidback's Avatar
    laidback is offline Senior Troll
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,011

    Re: For Life a Loft

    Quote Originally Posted by A Life Aloft View Post
    If I wasn't working as much as I am (going on another overnighter yet again today) I would be going to more events myself. I was able to make some of AOPA's convention last year (not nearly as much as I would have liked to) and it was right at my airport and in the city next to me. These events are more fun than a barrel of drunk monkeys and you meet terrific people and see all sorts of marvelous planes and have a ball! Did I mention the food? lol There was even a band and a big bbq right on the field at LGB when I went.

    Here is a list of just what is on AOPA's site:

    AOPA Online : Aviation Calendar Events

    You can reserach flying clubs in whatever city you live in and near by and flyins and also airshows in those cities right on the net.


    I encourage anyone with a love of flying to attend some events and have a wonderful day in the sun with terrtific people and great planes. Bring your dog, bring your wife, bring your friends, bring a cooler and a chair, bring whatever. It's all about the fun and the joy of flight. You won't regret a single second.

    Here is another link for Airshows: (there are a zillion of these on the net)

    2011 Airshow Schedule

    Hells bells Laidback, that is a terrific story. I have met/seen him a few times in the past. He was always at various aviation events. Terrific man. Seriously, a great guy. He is an icon. He has spoken, flown and appeared just everywhere. Yeager referred to him as the best Test pilot in the world at one time. He is considered one of the founding fathers of modern aerobatics, and was described by Jimmy Doolittle as, "the greatest stick-and-rudder man who ever lived." Can you imagine? In the Centennial of Flight edition of the Air & Space Smithsonian, he was named the third greatest aviator in history. It was an honor and an amazing experience for you to have met him, I am sure.

    I couldn't begin to count the awards and honors that he has earned in his aviation career. Just to see him in his P-51 or in any plane is something you will never forget. He's an amazing and extraordinary aviatior. His skill is truly unparalleled. Along with the likes of Neil Armstrong, he holds the Wright Brothers Master Pilots Trophy.

    This puppy??? Gotta love planes with wheel pants!!! Saw one last year going for 55 grand. Classic.

    Yep, except that doesn't have the Robertson embellishments on it, droop tips belly flap, and they rigged it so that when you brought on flaps,the ailerons would also deploy, giving you flaps all the way across.
    My Dad had a Commonwealth (Rearwin) Skyranger that I loved to fly also. (This pic isn't his)
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    Eddie Haskell's Avatar
    Eddie Haskell is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    307

    Re: For Life a Loft

    One guy the needs to quit flying is Jack Roush. He has crashed two planes and lived to tell about both. One was a P51 Mustang. He hit some power lines and ended up in a lake and if it were not for an ex marine he would be dead. Cant remember the other but he crashed in on a runway at least.

    For those of you who dont know him he is a team owner in the Nascar racing series and a big Ford aftermarket guru.
    If its listed at the Talk Gold ponzi and crime forum its a SCAM.

  9. #9
    Eddie Haskell's Avatar
    Eddie Haskell is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    307

    Re: For Life a Loft

    Dang, no edit. I want to try so bad. The more I watch this the more I want to fly.

    NO iedit button?? I just need now to hit the lotto
    If its listed at the Talk Gold ponzi and crime forum its a SCAM.

  10. #10
    littleroundman is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,795

    Re: For Life a Loft

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Haskell View Post
    Dang, no edit. I want to try so bad. The more I watch this the more I want to fly.
    I can't imagine anything much worse than being being infirm in my eighties or nineties and saying to myself:

    "you know what, all my life I wanted to..............and never did, even when I had the opportunity"
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

  11. #11
    Eddie Haskell's Avatar
    Eddie Haskell is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    307

    Re: For Life a Loft

    Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    I can't imagine anything much worse than being being infirm in my eighties or nineties and saying to myself:

    "you know what, all my life I wanted to..............and never did, even when I had the opportunity"
    Thanks a lot LRM. YOu probably just pushed me over the edge and cost me thousands. I gotta get in the air. I know everybody on this forum is sick and tired of hearing about it including me. I need to sh*& or get off the pot.

    Everything in my life that I have found that I got interested in is expensive as all get out. Why is that?? Why cant I get interested in something like growing a garden? IM cursed for some reason. I have champagne taste on a beer pocket book.
    If its listed at the Talk Gold ponzi and crime forum its a SCAM.

  12. #12
    A Life Aloft is offline fled troglodyte invasion
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    908
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: For Life a Loft

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Haskell View Post
    One guy the needs to quit flying is Jack Roush. He has crashed two planes and lived to tell about both. One was a P51 Mustang. He hit some power lines and ended up in a lake and if it were not for an ex marine he would be dead. Cant remember the other but he crashed in on a runway at least.

    For those of you who dont know him he is a team owner in the Nascar racing series and a big Ford aftermarket guru.
    He crashed his Hawker Beech Premier (this is business class jet btw) at OSH last year during a simple landing, with no problem wind, visability, or weather issues, and that a student pilot in that type, could have easily made. Planes had landed right before him in a conga line and right after him, with no issues. He basically destroyed a fine aircraft and made a fool of himself infront of thousands of people and he lost the sight in his left eye because of the accident. In 2002, he crashed another plane into a lake (not his P-51, - media reporting error- but an experimental type aircraft mostly used for photography) and almost killed himself that time. Both accidents were found to be caused by pilot error by the NTSB. At OSH, Roush stalled the plane after an aborted landing, and a wingtip hit the ground and spun the plane around and fractured the entire fuselage. In 2002, he hit a power line with his Aircam homebuilt, pitching it talons-up into the water. I am glad he was not killed obviously, but perhaps it's time to at least fly with a competent co-pilot, become more familiar with his aircraft(s), fly smaller more forgiving planes, just give up flying, gain more experience/time, resign himself to the right seat (where he most likely belongs if that (now with no depth perception), or get some instructions/lessons with a check airman or a combo of the aforementioned.

    The FAA has said that Roush's 2002 crash has been expunged from his record because it's more than five years old, but they also gave him a warning (not his first either) June 2009, regarding pilot's familiarity with takeoff and landing distance data. Sheesh. Just because you have the money and the time and desire to fly, does not mean that you have the skills, the ability or the talent for it. He's lucky he hasn't killed any innocent people on the ground thus far or any pax. At ALL times and in ALL circumstances, the PIC's number one responsibility is to fly within the limitations of his aircraft. It does not appear that he is capable of doing that. Your schedule, the weather nor ATC, the facility that you are landing into or out of or anything else, controls your aircraft.....you do. And if things go balls up, the number one rule is always to aviate......fly the damn plane no matter what.
    Last edited by A Life Aloft; 02-19-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on this website are solely those of their respective authors.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42