LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: GoDaddy Down - Who is Next??

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

GoDaddy Down - Who is Next??

Everyone already knows that GoDaddy Hosting was down for about 8 hrs. yesterday and putting many businesses offline. Why, still remains a mystery but this report from Huffington Post gives some info.

I was just getting back from a long day of classes and was about to enjoy a generous lunch when I received a message from my friend, Donny Tsunami.

"Your website's down, man."

I Immediately went to my website, PandaUnite.org, and sure enough, a "DNS Error" showed up.

I had seen something recently on my Facebook Timeline about a message for GoDaddy from Anonymous, so I immediately googled "Anonymous Godaddy hack."

It turns out, Anonymous was quick to accept responsibility for taking down not only GoDaddy but millions of websites hosted on its servers as well.

"I'm taking godaddy down bacause well i'd like to test how the cyber security is safe and for more reasons that i can not talk now " reads a tweet from @AnonymousOwn3r.

An Anonymous source clued me into their intentions.

This was a warning shot.
    See More
    Don't get ripped off!! Stay informed!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GoDaddy Down - Who is Next??

That was a very good article "scratchy."

This seems to be one of the the oldest dilemas in history. Rule by the people or the dominant world power. Which is the lesser of the two evils?

If anybody here has had time to read Gibbons "Rise and Fall of The Roman Empire" he or she may be able to cite a precedent. One of the Roman Emperors made a compromise with the senate and gave the people some sort of power so that there was a very delicate balance which swung to one and then the other in the short term. It worked for a while. Was it Vespasian who achieved this?

I have a feeling it was but this is all I can find from a glance at Wikepedia

"Little information survives about the government during the ten years Vespasian was emperor. His reign is best known for financial reforms following the demise of the Julio-Claudian dynasty, the successful campaign against Judaea, and several ambitious construction projects, such as the Colosseum."

I had several school friends who vowed that they would read the book before they died. I think one of them has read the abridged version. I have a copy in my book shelves but I have not looked at it yet.

Post Thanks / Like

GoDaddy claims "network issues", not hackers. ;)
    ---
    A MLM Skeptic (not a Cynic) covering scams, critical thinking, and psychology
    http://amlmskeptic.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kschang View Post
    GoDaddy claims "network issues", not hackers. ;)
    Guess that is why we are RealScam, you decide...
    Don't get ripped off!! Stay informed!