Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: Judge Upholds FTC's Complaint that POM Deceptively Advertised Its Products

Post Thanks / Like

Judge Upholds FTC's Complaint that POM Deceptively Advertised Its Products

Administrative Law Judge Upholds FTC's Complaint that POM Deceptively Advertised Its Products as Treating, Preventing, or Reducing the Risk of Heart Disease, Prostate Cancer, and Erectile Dysfunction

ALJ Ruling: Some Health Claims for Pomegranate Products Were False and Not Supported by Scientific Evidence

In an Initial Decision announced today, Chief Administrative Law Judge D. Michael Chappell upheld a Federal Trade Commission complaint, and ruled that POM Wonderful LLC, its sister corporation Roll Global LLC, and principals Stewart Resnick, Lynda Resnick, and Matthew Tupper violated federal law by making deceptive claims in some advertisements that their POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice and POMx supplements (POM products) would treat, prevent, or reduce the risk of heart disease, prostate cancer, and erectile dysfunction.

An order Judge Chappell issued with the Initial Decision would bar the POM respondents from making any representation about the “health benefits, performance, or efficacy” of POM products or any other food, drug, or dietary supplement – unless the representation is not misleading, and the POM respondents possess “competent and reliable scientific evidence . . . to substantiate that the representation is true.” It also would bar them from representing that any such product “is effective in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of any disease,” including treating, preventing, or reducing the risk of heart disease, prostate cancer, or erectile dysfunction – unless the representation is not misleading, and the POM respondents possess “competent and reliable scientific evidence . . . to substantiate that the representation is true.” The order also would bar the POM respondents from misrepresenting “the existence, contents, validity, results, conclusions, or interpretations of any test, study, or research.”
    You can read the full FTC press release HERE
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Judge Upholds FTC's Complaint that POM Deceptively Advertised Its Products

It is just more hype, LRM, and a new way to market products. For those of us who have learned about nutrition and beneficial plants to be more healthy, it does not come as such great news that another makes a big entrance as to having all these healing qualities. What is frightening is that so many people buy into the MLMs and pay extravagant prices for something you can go to grocery store or local market to purchase.

It seems everyday on the news now you hear of the healing effects of coffee, eggs, black pepper and lots of others that were declared to be so harmful just a few years ago. I have always believed that fresh and home-prepared foods are the healthy way to go. I grow herbs that can be used in the foods I prepare that are beneficial to human health. Green leafy vegetables are some of the most nutritious foods you can eat. They contain so many natural vitamins. Kale is really good for your eyes as well as providing iron, Vit. C and A (which is good for eyes). Most people here in our part of US throw the green tops away and only use the roots. How sad, because they are loosing so many essential natural vitamins.

Beets are one of my favorite vegetables and aid in many health problems. Do you have leg cramps or restless leg syndrome? Eat some beets or if you prefer pills, they sell those also and will help you sleep without those bothersome pains. If I could grow them or if I could get them fresh here, I just both the tops and roots. The tops taste much like spinach and are just as beneficial.

Would you like me to start a subject or thread in RS on these subjects? Anyone interested? I am closing my Blog at my website, I really don't have time to keep it going. I know this is a place for balancing scam but some nutrition might give you more energy