Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweetheart Scammer or did this really hot person pick me above all others?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sweetheart Scammer or did this really hot person pick me above all others?

SCAMMER pedroas@facebook.com
    SCAMMER pedroashley84@yahoo.com

i would like it if you and I would have some time to talk and get to know each other better. You have a unique profile have me intrigued. I hope that you see some deeper value expressed in my profile which you may see as a good opportunity to explore. I believe in friendship relationship, because a good friendship makes a solid bridge to a better and reliable and also have the feeling that in todays world, neither race, age, nationality nor religion will any longer posse a barrier so i write to express my sincere interest in you without much ado. If you want to get closer you can reach me anytime on if you feel like communicating more better, email we could chat, or you can find me on facebook with my email i look forward to your on reading from you soonest and please reply to my email okay

pedroashley concert and sport, independant and that can carry herself...i am nic

Capture1.JPG
    Capture.JPG

Pig Busters on You're IT! - The New Generation in Social Networking
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

Post Thanks / Like

SCAMMER alexmichael350@yahoo.com

I have met a few people that aged well beyond their years, but if this guy is 53 he takes the hard living gold medal. And the cheesiest pick up line I have ever read.

Hello how are u doing today i don't fear insects or spiders. At great heights, I jump off, smiling. In the face of death I wink. But, when I look into your profile, i was in fear of how much i will like to get to know you .Multiply it by infinity, take it to the depths of forever and you'll still only have a glimpse how your profile as hit me like a tidal wave .It takes a second to say I love you, but a lifetime to show it***
    Thanks .do u have yahoo IM send it to me if u have it or u add me up on
    alexmichael350@yahoo.com
    hugs and kisses
    Alex Michas

Capture.JPG

Capture2.jpg

Capture1.JPG
    https://christiangays.com/fraud.shtml
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff

Post Thanks / Like

SCAMMER jesusislordjfatu@yahoo.com

This is the last from the rich old lady profile, just switched over to the hot young girl, NOTHING. Keep an eye on your parents, scammers know where their bread is buttered.

From Jessica.

Hello dear,

Please do not be upset due to the mail I sent to you, also because we have not met before but I know that we do not meet accidentally, rather I meet you by his special grace when I found your profile email address and after praying, I just hand over everything to Gods hand believing that you must be a kind, sincere, faithful and understandable person whom will understand me and assist me in this my current situation.

Let me start by giving you an introduction of my self and my family background. My real name is Miss Jessica fatu. am 21 yrs old, Also I and my small sister Grace the only surviving daughter our parents.

My mu! m died when I was four years old and since then my daddy took us so special. But unfortunately, my daddy was killed last year when he attended a ceremony in the village. He was brutally killed and was shut severally by my uncles on his way back.

But he do not die instantly and was admitted in a private hospital here and Before the death of my father in a private hospital here in Abidjan his secretly called me on his bed side and told me that he deposited the sum of Two million, Three hundred thousand United State Dollars.USD ($2.300,000) left in fixed / suspense account in one of the prime bank in Canada and Gross Gold which whose deposited in one of Security Company in Ghana, which he used my name as his frst daughter for the next of Kin in depositing of it.

He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was shut by his brothers (my uncles).
    So my dear I am seeking your assistance in the following ways:

1) To help me transfer this fund!! ! to your country as a guardian because I have discussed with the bank about my intensions to transfer my inheritance to my guardian account they have accepted.

2) To serve as a guardian of this fund/gold since I am only 21yrs old and my lettle sister.

3) To make arrangement for us to come over to your country to further our education and to secure a resident permit in your country.

Moreover, my dear I am willing to offer you 30% of the total sum as compensation for your Effort/input after the successful transfer of this fund into your nominated account overseas and the gold from the security company in Ghana.

Furthermore, you indicate your options towards assisting me as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within fourteen (14) days you signify interest to assist me.

I am looking forward to your hopeful respond. jesusislordjfatu@yahoo.com

Yours Sincerely,

Miss Jessica and Grace Fatu.

Jessigry looking for a caring man w will understand me and take me as i am., pr
    Last edited by ribshaw; 09-18-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

SCAMMER Larrymcdonald48@yahoo.com

1.JPG

FunnyStallion and someone who will treat a me as an equal and not an object., bo
    2.JPG

How are you doing I assume that we have not met neither have we communicated before, firstly, my name is Mathew, I am sending you this e-mail with all humility and every seriousness of heart because when I saw you, the world stops as if the only purpose in life was for me to please you or find you,when i saw your awesome photograph and also your nice profile i must confess u are beautiful.I am single and looking for a very honest lady like you,I know you will be thinking how come ,I saw you,i knew you where honest because you looking pretty good when i go through your profile.I would respond to your e-mail as i check it every now and then...I will be happy if you can send me your yahoo chat address so i can add you as i am online now or add me in your messenger list.

I wait for your response.
    Have Nice day ahead of you.

Mathew...

===============================

You are too kind to an old lady. Do you have a way we can chat like email or skype.

===============================

Thanks for getting back to me and i do like to know more about you because you sound so nice on your profile wish i do want to know more and if you don't mind you can add me on here Larrymcdonald48@yahoo.com ....waiting to hear from you soon...

Post Thanks / Like

SCAMMER odusogalarryking@yahoo.com

olarry reallllllllllllllll loveeeeeeeeeeee is all i wanttttttttttttttttttttttttt

1.JPG

I do wish I could post my response to this pervert, but it is blush worthy to say the least.

Date: 2013-09-18 09:33 PM

Subject: can you (EDITED, BUT RHYMES WITH TRUCK) for real?

hello how are you doing can you love a real rastaman.?are you on skype so you can see me good..

odusogalarryking@yahoo.com

all i need is real love am a black man if you can love me for real let me know.pice

View topic - odusogalarryking@yahoo.com - Scam Survivors

Post Thanks / Like

SCAMMER loveth_amass@yahoo.com

Date: 2013-09-19 09:29 AM
    Subject: Please i will like to know you,

Hello, Nice to meet You My new friend, How are you i hope your are fine and in sound health, I am well pleased to contact you after viewing your profile and become interested to have a communication with you as My genuine friend, My name is Miss Loveth Amas, a girl of 25 single and 5.8ft, Kindly reply me at (loveth_amass@yahoo.com)

it would be so nice if we can communicate through my mail box because, i have something very important which i would love to share with you privately, i promise to send my picture and more details about me to you, Awaits your reply soonest. Yours truly Loveth

(loveth_amass@yahoo.com)

Amas caring honest man, hip hop funny dancing, profile, free online dating, dati

2.JPG

Faith Godwin: I am residing in the refugee camp

1.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

SCAMMER yahoo messenger philmichael1@yahoo.com

Was just getting ready to log out for the day, and this showed up. This is a very popular stolen picture used by scammers. "Life is worth leaving", sounds like a hoot to hang with him.

michaelphil7 nothing is a barrier in making or choosing my friends i can make go

2.JPG

ScamDigger – scam profiles | Profiles of scammers and fakes

1.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Don't ya just hate it when you get wiNdowed
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

10. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The NC Attorney General's Office says a woman was recently scammed by a man she met at the cemetery while visiting her husband's grave. The state says this is a departure from the normal so-called "sweetheart scams," which frequently begin online on dating websites or social media.

Officials say in this particular case, "the scammer quickly wormed his way into her heart, her home and her bank account."

One difficult aspect of sweetheart scams is that victims are often reluctant to believe they are a victim. It often takes a lot of convincing from other family members or friends to help them see the truth.

The NC Attorney General's Office says they've received complaints from 17 sweetheart scam victims so far in 2013. Those 17 people have lost a combined total of nearly $700,000.

People are urged to report scams to the NC Attorney General's Office by calling (877) 5-NO-SCAM.

SCAM ALERT: Woman Targeted While Visiting Husband's Grave

Post Thanks / Like

SCAMMER xxcole2@yahoo.com

Scammers love jobs where they pretend to travel as it gives them an excuse whey they are never able to meet you face to face. And then if they do plan a trip, rest assured something will happen on the way, something that requires CASH!!

xxcole2 swimming, adventure, traveling, cooking, camping, skiing and the beach.

Capture.JPG
    Capture1.JPG

Hello, how are you doing? nice profile. Do you care for a chat sometime? would be really nice. Btw, i am a construction engineer and work mostly on jobs away from the states and travel loads. Name is Smith Cole
    ===================
    That sounds great, I love to travel. Give me a few ways to get in touch with you.

xoxo

==================

Hey you dint say what your name is, you could reach me on my email id and we could chat also on a messenger my email is: xxcole2@yahoo.com would be really nice to get in touch with you.....tell me about you.

Post Thanks / Like

SCAMMER adventurem.wills@yahoo.com

ohiosingle the rockies in general, alaska, italy, st. lucia, the brass armadillo

There are a few things that made me suspect scammer. AM blah blah blah, moving to my city , self employed, free trial (the whole site is free), new here but may not be around long, and notice the way he spaced the email address. Scammers do this to avoid filters and of course they want to get you away from the site and isolated a soon as possible. Thing is FMF does not have such a filter, so he likely spamming sites that do.

Capture.JPG

Here is the second thing, and I mean to be cynical but if a guy tells you "he is not interested in just a roll in the hay", that is EXACTLY what he is interested in. Just as if someone tells you something is not a scam, its a scam. But this seemed such an odd thing to say, I put the whole message in goolge and, shock of all shocks it has been used word for word in the past.

Capture1.JPG
    Capture2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'd believe this guy is 35 if he had told me he had some disease that makes you lie about your age by 15 years. Oh and too stupid to read, too stupid to breed.

loreny7 i am real here looking for real love okay, profile, free online dating,

Capture.JPG
    Capture1.JPG

SCAMMER: how are you doing there i will like to know you better i will be happy to hear from you now ?
    ===================

GULLIBLE OLD LADY: Great, get me your email or skype and we can chat.

===================

ILLITERATE SCAMMER : i will like to get your so we will talk better i am new on internet i will like to have your mail id so we will talk and share pics okay i will be happy to here from you now okay>?

Post Thanks / Like

SCAMMER CSI. I will throw this out there in my "tips from ribshaw" section of sniffing out scammers.

SCAMMER frankwaller693@yahoo.com

First of all dude is double spacing everything like an 8th grader trying to fill a sheet on a book report so it made the screen shot a little tough. But he claims to be blonde, this is an obvious untruth. The height issue seems to come up again in that he claims to be 5' 1" which is entirely possible although scammers seem to have a problem with getting height right. In the picture he is standing in a doorway, I googled this and the average US door is about 6'8", now I don't have all the fancy computers Abby does in NCIS, but ball parking it, I smell a rat.

Second, I see this quote a lot, (you can add me on frankwaller693@yahoo.com), this strikes me more as how a 20 something would speak. Not conclusive, but all my life phrases have caught on in social groups, and I don't know too many 50 somethings that say this when they give me an email.

frank500 :, and how many times do you read your bible and pray daily, being surr
    Capture1.JPG

How are you doing, i'm frank am searching for long term relationship,i have been cheated by some

woman and i don't want that to happen to me again ...i just come across your profile and you

really sound very good, i don't know what exactly you are looking for in relationship, but to be

honest, i found your profile very interesting and i want to say that i'm interested in you,I

believe relationships that are meant to work out fine need not be based on age differences or

distances,its all about trust, commitment and understanding between the partners involved in the

relationship.., i'm single and looking for serious relationship, i guess you are not for game,

cuz i don't need one, so if you are interested in me, let's get chat sometime and see if we can

move on from there...hope to hear back from you soon, you can add me on frankwaller693@yahoo.com

, i'm online waiting to hear back from you.

====================================

https://www.facebook.com/parr.cargill

This is what else, a fake soldier profile on Facebook. This is also a common scammer error, in the last picture on the profile you can just make out and R, meaning this soldiers last name is likely Parr! This scammer is too stupid to know how US Military name tags work, but not too stupid to have snagged 12 friends.

Capture2.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

cynthiamartins serious relationship a long term relationship that we lead to mar

Capture.JPG

Under 4 foot and wants to fix me up with her uncle. She sent me a message which I deleted and has a few follow ups. Seems awful nice to an old lady she hardly knows.

Hey there how are you doing. Any luck here with the boys??? Lost my husband not to long ago so looking to let loose as the kids say.

well yes i have a uncle that is also single

let me have your number so that he can text you

=======================================
    Isn't this just SO SWEET, seems everyone has a nice nephew, uncle, or cousin that wants to help and old lady out, OF HER CASH..

http://www.fishmeetfish.com/profile/monicadoran

hi i looked at your profile an i think u are right by wanting to see the world,i have got a nice,handsome and a good cousin who is interested in u and asked me to write to u and ask if u are nterested,he has good sense of humour and i know u gonna like him too,take care
    Last edited by ribshaw; 09-21-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

SCAMMER c.barnes01@yahoo.com

CARLOS DESTINY, 6'9" and running for mayor of Seattle.

Free Online Dating at FishMeetFish.com - Meet Available Singles Online

Capture1.jpg
    Capture.JPG

rom: Carlosdestiny
    Date: 2013-09-20 05:55 AM
    Subject: Can I be that special Man?

Hi beautiful creature

The orchestrating ingredient that brings two people together in a covenant committed relationship is always the first initiative of one person; obviously I am taking the first step here by contacting you. Your reaction to this simple gesture could lead to a lifetime committed relationship. I decided to contact you after viewing your page, believe me you are physically the perfect description of the kind of woman I am dreaming to meet. Please get back to me if you feel it�??s alright to keep in touch.
    Reach me through get back to me: c.barnes01@yahoo.com. May I be that Special Man for you

I will be waiting,

Carlos.

Cybersex.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

lexxycharming anywhere, and at any moment with someone special.i, m spontaneous

Hazel Eyes and a Phd, but back in school studying criminology. Ladies this man if not a scammer has so much student debt you will always be treating.

Date: 2013-09-20 09:05 AM
    Subject: there is someone for everyone

You know I have great desire to know you better dear!smile

It is the first time I write to you and hope my attention will be pleasant for you! I am looking for one woman who has not come here just for fun.

I think that age doesn't play big role here because real feelings and passion have no borders. It is more important to feel chemistry with your beloved! Do you agree with me?

I'm looking for a pure love here! I know nobody is ideal and to find the right person is not so easy as buy the right dress for the evening!
    But I think there's someone on this earth does the same thing, and maybe that person is my soul mate?! I know that there's someone for everyone....I'm taking a risk in my life,I decided to registered on this site and try my destiny! I'm not afraid to make serious plans with my beloved woman, that's why I came here.

Capture.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

SCAMMER kevin_d0v1@yahoo.com

Scammers love you to TEXT them, but will seldom take a phone call like any other human. Texting allows them to get into character, if you answer the phone like a human you have to be on your game. This guy was a "widow" for five years, but just lost his ex wife last year???? Oh, and this chestnut "My college degree in Construction/Craft Building/Technology Information Management Systems" And all I ever did was go to Spiderman academy.

Well I'm pretty new to this Internet dating scene though.. well i was glancing through profiles when your fascinating profile and Tender looking face with a nice smile pecked my Interest that allowed me to contact you, And I must admit that you're ravishingly beautiful. your beauty pecked my Interest also and you wouldn't tell me that you're still single?
    I would be looking to hear back from you and am hoping to chat with you on yahoo messenger soon here is my yahoo id kevin_d0v1@yahoo.com or you can text me on (951) 444-8618

BemyFish01 am interested in having a long time relationship and i seek trust, ho

Attachment 5981

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the story behind this. Several of us have been working behind the scenes to get military profiles removed from Facebook as it is a disgrace on many fronts. (I really haven't done much, but I love to take credit) A scammer using General Carter Ham's conned someone out of a very good chunk of change. As in a year's income worth for some families. I don't feel it is proper to say more than that without violating a confidence, but spread the word. Make sure your friends and family who may be looking for love on the internet, especially if they think they are dating a soldier, know what is going on.

Carter Ham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

General Carter Ham.jpg

These are the fake profiles that were given to me today:

https://www.facebook.com/carter.hamm...=browse_search
    https://www.facebook.com/carterfham....=browse_search
    https://www.facebook.com/carterham.h...=browse_search
    https://www.facebook.com/carterham.james?fref=ts
    https://www.facebook.com/carterphill...=browse_search
    https://www.facebook.com/daniel.romney.9?fref=ts
    https://www.facebook.com/fham.carter?fref=ts
    https://www.facebook.com/gen.jamesmorgan?fref=ts
    https://www.facebook.com/gencarter.f...=browse_search
    https://www.facebook.com/gencarter.ham.16?fref=ts
    https://www.facebook.com/gencater.ham.1?fref=ts
    https://www.facebook.com/gencaterf.ham?fref=ts
    https://www.facebook.com/generalcart...rofile_browser
    https://www.facebook.com/ham.carter....=browse_search
    https://www.facebook.com/ham.carter....on=friends_tab
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carte...97930533570495
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carte...97930533570495
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/GenCa...69297066516313
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gen-C...87320204653488
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...002399&fref=ts
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...293596&fref=ts
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...967405&fref=ts
    https://www.facebook.com/ham.carter.1804

zuckerberg12.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

This story is just nuts...

One of the most inimitable players in the NBA was the victim of an Internet scheme nearly as intricate as his trademark tattoos, his lawyer said Wednesday.

The lengthy nightmare that finally ended for Chris Andersen, the Miami Heat’s Birdman, unfolded over 15 months and involved a search of his Larkspur, Colo., home by the Douglas County Sheriff’s Internet Crimes Against Children unit in May 2012. It nearly cost Anderson, who was playing for the Denver Nuggets until his release last summer, his career. He has been told that he will not be charged in the case.

“We were always confident that Chris was innocent, but we just couldn’t figure out what had happened,” Andersen’s lawyer, Mark Bryant, told ESPN.com’s Brian Windhorst. “It turned out that it was a Manti Te’o situation. It was Manti Te’o on steroids.”

Te’o, now with the San Diego Chargers, was part of a catfishing hoax a year ago while he was at Notre Dame. As for the Andersen case, it was more complex. The woman in Canada was catfishing him by posing as other people to him and posing as Andersen to catfish others, seeking relationships and gifts and making threats to other people via social media. The woman, according to Bryant, has been charged in connection with the case in Canada. She has not yet been charged in Colorado and Andersen’s home was raided in May 2012, according to the Denver Post, because police were looking for an I.P. address.

“It is my understanding that this case involves numerous victims,” Bryant said. “… Chris was a victim in this case.”

The Denver Post identifies the woman as Shelly Lynn Chartier of Easterville, Manitoba. She allegedly posed as Andersen in what the Post says were “electronic conversations” with a woman in California and posed as the California woman in the same sorts of conversations with Andersen. She purportedly also made threats while posing as Andersen and made extortion demands.

The California woman, who was 17 (the age of consent in Colorado) at the time, actually met Andersen when she traveled to Colorado, but there was no relationship with him and Bryant said that woman is “also a victim.”

Last month, Andersen, who joined the Heat last winter, met with Colorado and Royal Mounted Police authorities, who explained what a spokeswoman for the district attorney’s office said was an “extremely complex” case “right out of ‘CSI.’ ”

Andersen was released by the Nuggets last July as the investigation was continuing and his career appeared to be in jeopardy until the Heat signed him.

“Somebody’s reputation worldwide was smeared; you Googled his name and at the top he was being called a pedophile,” Bryant told Windhorst. “The cruelty of public opinion was very difficult. It’s been exhaustive and humbling to restore his name. But we’re not glad; nothing glad came out of this.”

Chris Andersen cleared, was victim of Internet hoax, lawyer says

Post Thanks / Like

There are ton of variations of this, if you are ever asked to send any part of the money back, you are being scammed. If you get something like this, best to go to the bank, preferably the one where the check is drawn, or the postal inspector. Either way, never send merchandise until you are sure the check has CLEARED. Not just POSTED to your account. If you are in good standing the bank may show the money in your account, this is not the same as a check being CLEARED.

Scam alert: Expect that too-big check to bounce
    Susan Tompor, USA TODAY 7 a.m. EDT September 21, 2013

A fake check scam is aimed at sales consultants associated with companies like Avon
    Scam artists send checks bigger than the purchase amount
    They ask sellers to wire the extra money back, bilking sellers out of thousands of dollars

Rachael Kruys has been selling Avon products long enough to know that if someone e-mails her with an offer to spend $600 out of the blue, maybe claiming to be a modeling agency, watch out.

Kruys, who owns an Avon shop in Hudsonville, Mich., said the supposed buyer may claim he or she cannot shop online for some reason, maybe they don't have a credit card, so they need to send a check.

Get ready for the old fake check scam. Sales consultants associated with popular companies, such as Avon, Thirty-One Gifts and Lia Sophia, are being targeted by scam artists who send extra-large checks — amounts that exceed the cost of what's being bought — and then ask that the extra money be wired back to them. Anyone who falls for it could easily lose $1,000 or $2,000.

"The usual tag line is 'Buyer Beware.' Here it's 'Seller Beware,'" said Melanie Duquesnel, president and CEO of the Better Business Bureau serving eastern Michigan.

Duquesnel said the con artists can go on the Internet looking for sellers of a given product. Maybe the scammer spots contact information in Avon catalogs stacked in a lobby.

The Better Business Bureau sent out its warning because there is a concern that many consultants could be younger moms or dads trying to make ends meet and too eager to make a big sale.

Such scams, of course, can hit anyone trying to sell anything online. One co-worker said he put a dining room hutch up for sale on Craigslist for $600. A scam artist sent a check for $2,750 and then sent a text message with details of where to wire the balance. The co-worker didn't fall for it. The phone number on that check was a good clue: 111-111-1111.

John Breyault, director of Fraud.org, said fake check scams continue to be a top area for complaints at his site. The average loss reported by consumers who voluntarily contact the site is more than $2,400.

A Lansing woman who advertised a violin for sale on a newspaper's online classified section ended up being ripped off, Breyault said. She was contacted via text message with an offer. The check that arrived exceeded the cost of the violin by $1,000.

The scammer told her the extra money was to cover shipping costs and that she should wire the money to a friend in Alabama. She cashed the check and wired the money. The bank later notified her that the check was fraudulent, and she ended us losing more than $1,800 due to negative balance fees and wire transfer fees.

It's almost always a scam if a seller is being asked to wire extra money back via Western Union or MoneyGram or maybe put money on a loadable prepaid card.

Sending back money for some reason to the buyer is the biggest red flag, Breyault said.

MoneyGram notes on its website: "Get a check or money order in the mail with instructions to first cash it at your bank and then send some of the funds to someone else through a MoneyGram money transfer? If so, the check/money order is counterfeit and your bank will make you cover the loss."

Amanda Clark, 26, has been selling purses, totes and other items for Thirty-One Gifts for more than a year to make extra money. The Eastpointe, Mich., mom is time-stretched to say the least.

Clark works full time at another job as a sales rep. She has two sons — 3 months and 2½ years old.

She suspected things weren't right when a woman who claimed to be deaf and didn't have a credit card wanted to buy a wedding gift for her granddaughter. But, Clark admits, she also wanted to think the best of someone.

"You know some people don't have credit cards," Clark said.

So she took an order for $190 of goods, a sizable order when some purses can cost $35 or $45.

But soon the woman said a mistake was made and a check for $2,209 was sent out by someone's secretary. The woman asks Clark as a favor to send more than $2,000 via Western Union to some event planner to cover another bill.

Clark said she's busy, but not too busy to check things out before sending products or wiring money.

She e-mailed other consultants on Facebook to ask about their experiences. She called the bank that issued the check once she received it in the mail and, she said, the banking representative told her that was the fourth call received with a similar story.

Clark did not wire any money and had waited to send the products until she had the money in hand.

The scam artists are savvy, she said.

"They try to guilt you into feeling bad about them," Clark said.

Scam alert: Expect that too-big check to bounce

Post Thanks / Like

From the end: "Once we did the check, we identified he was a member of the Sakawa Boys - they were an organised crime gang based in Ghana"

The Sakawa boys have their own Facebook Pages

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sakawa/272269372786288
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/477106165665718/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/129677090559072/

Online fraud: Calls for a national taskforce as love-struck Australians lose millions

By Claire Moodie

There have been plenty of warnings but love-struck Australians continue to part with more than $20 million a year in online romance scams.

There are now calls for a national approach to combat the fraud, which can have a devastating - and potentially fatal - fallout.

Earlier this year, a West Australian woman was found dead, presumed murdered, in South Africa after travelling there to see a Nigerian man she had met online.

Since then, the state's police have stopped other scam victims from travelling if they believe they are heading for a similar fate.

The prevalence of the scams has prompted the Western Australia's fraud squad to join forces with the state's consumer-protection watchdog to take on the organised crime gangs responsible.

But it is a huge effort, and those witnessing the impact first-hand say Australia needs to set up an effective national taskforce to come anywhere close to winning the battle

Neil Johnstone, a 50-year-old divorcee, turned to the internet to find companionship.

He was bombarded with attention from Mavis Mensah, who claimed to be an Australian living in west Africa.

You just believe within yourself that they're real, they are the best person ... and anything they ask for or anything they want - you give it to them no matter what.
    Scam victim Neil Johnstone

But there was heartbreak ahead.

"I finished work - I was on night shift - and I got that message and I was over the moon it was all happening," he told 7.30.

"I jumped in the car, drove to Perth very excited. Got to the airport - nothing."

This plane ticket, one of five Mr Johnstone paid for over their year-long relationship, turned out to be fake.

And so was Mavis, whose photos belonged to a US-based model.

"You just believe within yourself that they're real, they are the best person, that's the person I want and anything they ask for or anything they want - you give it to them no matter what," Mr Johnstone said.

He borrowed most of the $100,000 he sent to west Africa, and says he was upfront with the banks over what he needed most of the loans for.

"It's pretty close to D-day where all the banks want their money back now," he said.
    Perth woman fooled by scammers twice

Detective Sergeant Rob Martin from the Western Australian Major Fraud Squad has heard it all before.

"It's a very unpleasant job to actually have to turn up on the victims doorstep and break the news that the person that has made them feel better than they've felt for a very long time isn't real and the romance that they thought they were involved in is just a fantasy," he said.

Perth resident Tracey Holmes, 48, is still coming to terms with the fact that she has been conned.

She thought a US man called Todd Hamilton was in love with her. Over the past year she sent him $25,000 to help with his business.

He was the second online identity she has lost money to in recent years.

I actually thought he was a lovely gentleman. And I thought he had the most sexy voice I've heard from a man.
    Scam victim Tracey Holmes

"I actually thought he was a lovely gentleman. And I thought he had the most sexy voice I've heard from a man," she said.

But the romance turned ugly when Ms Holmes discovered his photographs were of an unknown man and were probably lifted from a social media site.

Now, the scammer is blackmailing her over revealing photos she sent to him online. He had also taken secret footage of her.

"He has scantily clad pictures - not fully exposed but pretty scantily clad," she said.

"I had no idea that he was videoing me but he videoed me. So he's been accumulating information about me all this time and using it against me to now blackmail me into paying him $10,000."

Ms Holmes was also duped into becoming a so-called "money mule" - someone used by the scammers to funnel stolen cash through Australian bank accounts.

"He started doing transactions through my account," she said.

"When the money went into my account they would ask for an SMS code and I would give him the code and wherever the money was going ... it was going."
    Authorities team up to battle scammers

With about 300 new scam victims a month in Western Australia, the state's fraud squad has pooled resources with the Department of Consumer Protection to take on the fraudsters.

Called Operation Sunbird, it is identifying scams by tracking large money transactions from WA to west African countries, and then contacting the victims.

Initially they are contacting the victims by post.

"In 63 per cent of cases, we're not seeing any further transactions following that first letter," said Ann Driscoll from the Department of Consumer Protection.

But others refuse to face the truth and keep sending the money.

To me they seem like trained psychologists, the way they're able to actually manipulate the victim. They're able to tap into the things that actually push the buttons of the victim.
    Detective Sergeant Rob Martin

Detective Sergeant Martin says while the victims might seem naive, the scammers are convincing and constantly refining their techniques.

"To me they seem like trained psychologists, the way they're able to actually manipulate the victim. They're able to tap into the things that actually push the buttons of the victim," he said.

But the costs can go well beyond financial loss.

In March, 67-year-old West Australian woman Jette Jacobs was found dead in South Africa, after she travelled there to meet a man who she had been sending money to online.

Since then police have stopped several others from travelling overseas.

"We had an occasion where a gentleman from here, in his 70s, was about to travel to Ghana," said Detective Senior Sergeant Dom Blackshaw.

"We were able to get the name of the person who was going to collect him from the airport.

"He was going to meet a love interest - a young girl. She'd actually provided the name of her so-called brother to this gentleman.

"Once we did the check, we identified he was a member of the Sakawa Boys - they were an organised crime gang based in Ghana"

Post Thanks / Like

SCAMMER james.chrush@yahoo.com.
    SCAMMER SKYPE [destiny otes]. hope to hare from you soon

lovetes12 i love drawing, sport, traveling and driving, profile, free online dat

Capture.JPG

19.JPG

Date: 2013-09-20 04:39 PM
    Subject: hello dear

Hello Pretty,

How're you doing out there? i really hope you're cool, actually I'm a new member of this site and i find your profile quite impressive I'm here to make friends or something more, and i think you're cool with your profile when i saw you on here, I'm a single man with a lonely heart, and you're probably the first person I'm mailing on this site cos i find your profile quite impressive and interesting. You make a smile out of me if you can find a spare time to mail me back...Best of luck and good wishes.

Post Thanks / Like

SCAMMER mitchellgorris@yahoo.com

Another dumb as dirt scammer who does not know how name tags work for soldiers. Would like dinner on a first date, I suppose he expects me to get in the kitchen and fix him something.

Hello i am mitchell checking your profile and thought of writing you a message.. do you care to chat? if yes message me aback and we can share emails

Certainly, get me your email or skype and we will get to know each other.

sounds good can you text me your cell number? here is mine you can text me your email in there (224) 484-0135 or add me up directly on mitchellgorris@yahoo.com thanks

mitchellgorris cool headed and caring woman, i am looking for loving, profile, f

Capture.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

SCAMMER rbtbales@yahoo.com

Here we have a scammer who appears to be running not on only a dating scam, but a job scam as well. For those that don't know, he will promise a job and then ask for an up front fee, maybe social security number, bank account, or send you a check with the understanding that you cash it and send part of it somewhere else.

Tips on the profile, I suspect he is not Native American and claims to be in the Military and living in Texas. Yet in some of his pretendy job ads he claims to be in London.

rbtbales honest, i like women who is good looking, respectful and who loves life

Capture3.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    Capture1.jpg
    Capture2.JPG