Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 61 of 61
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: History Bits from TalkGold

  1. #51
    littleroundman is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,453

    Re: History Bits from TalkGold

    Quote Originally Posted by NikSam View Post
    I do not care if the brothers get in trouble or not, you see, there were not only pimps and players, but serial HYIP admins, lots from US , that is what would be the bomb.
    I agree with you.

    If people want to play ponzis, that's their business.

    It's their money to do with as they wish.

    If they want to break the law doing it, that's on them too.

    However, that only applies IF they KNOW they are playing ponzis and not investing in some fraudulent scheme made up to look like a business "opportunity"

    Vague disclaimers and advice to "only invest what you can afford to lose" don't cut it, in my book.

    The likes of Scoville, Stepsys, Deese, Burks, Bowdoin and Ignatova, et al are just criminal fraudsters, plain and simple
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

  2. #52
    sinip is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Republika Srpska
    Posts
    4

    Re: History Bits from TalkGold

    Quote Originally Posted by okosh View Post
    Edward why did you ignore the question of how much you settled for??...
    (Not like the reason isn't obvious)....lol
    Why would he disclose that information? To satisfy your curiosity?

  3. #53
    surfer's Avatar
    surfer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    347

    Re: History Bits from TalkGold

    Quote Originally Posted by EdKra View Post
    I have no reason not to give you the whole story.
    We'll just agree to disagree on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by EdKra View Post
    Why is that? While you do have the truth from me, you obviously don't have the whole story because that would probably take a 200 page book to convey. There was a 1 year investigation and no criminal wrongdoing was found. That's what's important. Everything else is irrelevant in relation to us.
    Agreeing not to bring charges in exchange for some assets and who knows what else is not the same as not finding any criminal wrongdoing.

    If you did not agree to forfeit the property, you would have been forced to go to court.

    Quote Originally Posted by EdKra View Post
    In essence, in a civil asset forfeiture case, the government makes a claim on assets alleging that those assets were involved in criminal activity. This happens a lot with vehicles used to transport drugs or illegal goods. For example, if John borrows Tom's car to deliver drugs to Susan, Tom's car can be seized and later "arrested in REM" by the government since it was used in the crime, even though Tom had no idea that the crime was taking place or that it ever did take place. In turn, Tom needs to go to court and fight a lengthy legal battle which would be titled something along the lines of "US Government Vs. Tom's Car" to prove against a preponderance of evidence that he was unbeknownst to the fact the car was going to be used in a crime. Tom isn't accused of a crime, but his assets are essentially accused as being part of the crime. The August 21st asset forfeiture case is against a small portion of our assets, as it says in the header of the claim. It doesn't say "DOJ Vs. OUR NAMES" but rather "US Government vs. certain assets".
    In order to make your analogy relevant, please tell us what crime your rental property was allegedly used to commit.

    According to your claim, if the DOJ determined and admitted that Tom was innocent they would still keep his car. Maybe if John bought Tom the car with drug money.

    If the DOJ determined that you were innocent, they would have released all of your assets.

    Instead, they were willing to go to court to prove that the asset seizure was justified.

    In order to avoid court and a potential loss there that would have opened you up to so many more possible issues down the road, all you guys had to do was give up an asset(and maybe some info) that was purchased with money made via your fraud forums or whatever other kind of seedy shit you guys may have been into.

    A pretty easy and proper decision for you.

  4. #54
    EdKra is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    9

    Re: History Bits from TalkGold

    You would only agree to lose the money if you had committed a crime ...
    I don't want to go into details about amounts and such for personal privacy reasons, but answer me this one question.

    If for example the government was seizing $125k and your attorneys stated that if you take those assets to Trial, which you'd likely win, but there was a possibility you could lose and they could take even more (civil trial is only won by a preponderance of evidence, 51% chance of the assets being guilty of criminal involvement vs 99.9% of guilt in criminal trials), and that fighting in court would likely cost between $100k and $150k, while taking up to 2 years, What would you choose? Also note that both our wives were pregnant at the time and the amount of time we would have required to spend accounting for every penny we made since 2003, in order to defend ourselves, would have taken literally thousands of hours. To us the decision was an easy one. One we hated to make, because we realized people may view it as an admission of guilt. But in the long run it was the best possible move for us.

    Okosh, I respect your opinion, but you are judging me without knowing anywhere close to all of the facts. This is much larger than a simple investigation of us. In the whole scheme of things we are like the microscopic organisms walking on the backs of elephants, when the investigation is centered on a crime committed by the Universe.

    If you did not agree to forfeit the property, you would have been forced to go to court.
    Yes we would have been, but not on Criminal charges. We would have had to go to federal civil court.

  5. #55
    surfer's Avatar
    surfer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    347

    Re: History Bits from TalkGold

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    They kept his boat for six months without ever charging him with any crime.
    Major bummer for your friend, Eagle. Sorry he went through that.

    Let's try to relate that to the story we're being fed by EdKra here.

    During that 6 months, was your friend spending thousands in legal fees to win the boat back or did he just bite the bullet and let the investigation play out?

    After the feds determined that he was innocent of all wrongdoing, did he have to forfeit any other assets in order for them to agree not to pursue charges? Or did they just release his boat back to him and sorry, our bad.

    According to EdKra's big steaming pile of BS, even if they determine and admit that you did nothing wrong, you still have to pay up or they'll take you to court.

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    As for Brian and Edward's case, we only know what we know. But asset forfeiture is used wrongly in many cases, and there needs to be a better way of asset seizure, especially if someone has no prior history of criminal activity, associations with criminals, or suspicious activities.
    Yep, so many flaws in the system. Sounds like they definitely got it wrong in the story you related, but they probably had it right in the case this thread pertains to.

  6. #56
    Whip's Avatar
    Whip is offline Anonymous. As are you all
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,037

    Re: History Bits from TalkGold

    Quote Originally Posted by NikSam View Post
    My question if the feds got their hands on the database was ignored too (i gueess),

    I would think that is going to take alot of time to weed through.
    Haven't lost any money to online scams.......results are typical.

  7. #57
    EdKra is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    9

    Re: History Bits from TalkGold

    This will likely be my last post here. I came just to clear up an article that was incorrectly written about us. These are the Facts. The Government did NOT charge us with a crime, therefore they do not view us as criminals in any way. We made a financial decision based off of a very similar situation as the one I described here:

    If for example the government was seizing $125k and your attorneys stated that if you take those assets to Trial, which you'd likely win, but there was a possibility you could lose and they could take even more (civil trial is only won by a preponderance of evidence, 51% chance of the assets being guilty of criminal involvement vs 99.9% of guilt in criminal trials), and that fighting in court would likely cost between $100k and $150k, while taking up to 2 years, What would you choose? Also note that both our wives were pregnant at the time and the amount of time we would have required to spend accounting for every penny we made since 2003, in order to defend ourselves, would have taken literally thousands of hours. We could instead use that time, like we have, to make up the amount lost in under 6 months. To us the decision was an easy one. One we hated to make, because we realized people may view it as an admission of guilt. But in the long run it was the best possible move for us.

    That's all I really have left to say. You guys can twist and turn things as you wish and claim the opposite of reality is true. It doesn't really matter. In the end, this was a much larger animal then simply a website selling advertising space. We were merely a stepping stone of sorts for information that may lead to others. If you think the Government is wasting time on that when there are criminals out there stealing millions or even billions of dollars, you need to wake up.

  8. #58
    Whip's Avatar
    Whip is offline Anonymous. As are you all
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,037

    Re: History Bits from TalkGold

    'examples' don't mean shit. the government is not going to seize and keep an asset if there really is no criminal activity involved in it's procurement. you would be free and clear to keep it.
    Haven't lost any money to online scams.......results are typical.

  9. #59
    EdKra is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    9

    Re: History Bits from TalkGold

    Oh, one final thing.... These are all the PAID Adwords ads I was able to find on Google alone in the last 6 months for 'HYIPs". Enjoy!! TG/MMg made up 10% of our total business. I have run and still run literally dozens of sites across all industries, and sell ads indiscriminately just like everyone else on the net. Also note that we extensively used Adsense on Both TG and MMG. Yes, Google was feeding HYIP Ads like these directly to our sites. In fact, a large portion of ads on our site were actually placed there by Google. We had no control over removal of specific Google ads, therefore the direct ad sale model was best for protecting members, as we'd remove any ads that were deemed scams. In fact over this period we pinpointed 15 confirmed non-paying HYIPs and submitted complaints to Google and not one was removed in a timely fashion

    goog.jpg
    goog2.jpg
    goog3.jpg
    goog4.jpg

  10. #60
    Whip's Avatar
    Whip is offline Anonymous. As are you all
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,037

    Re: History Bits from TalkGold

    we kinda know how google ads work. it's the first talking point of any scammer that gets called out. strawman much?
    Haven't lost any money to online scams.......results are typical.

  11. #61
    EagleOne's Avatar
    EagleOne is offline Elite Scambuster
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,972

    Re: History Bits from TalkGold

    Quote Originally Posted by surfer View Post
    Major bummer for your friend, Eagle. Sorry he went through that.

    Let's try to relate that to the story we're being fed by EdKra here.

    During that 6 months, was your friend spending thousands in legal fees to win the boat back or did he just bite the bullet and let the investigation play out?

    After the feds determined that he was innocent of all wrongdoing, did he have to forfeit any other assets in order for them to agree not to pursue charges? Or did they just release his boat back to him and sorry, our bad.

    According to EdKra's big steaming pile of BS, even if they determine and admit that you did nothing wrong, you still have to pay up or they'll take you to court.



    Yep, so many flaws in the system. Sounds like they definitely got it wrong in the story you related, but they probably had it right in the case this thread pertains to.
    Actually he did spend over $100,000 in legal fees to get his boat back, and the government was fighting him getting his boat back. I didn't include it in the post because I was merely pointing out how the government can act under the asset seizure laws. And yes, while this case is similar to Ed and Brian, they are distinct on their own merits and totally different in so many ways.
    EagleOne
    Founder/President Eagle Research Associates
    http://eagleresearchassociates.org
    http://swindles.org
    Author: "Robbing You With A Keyboard Instead Of A Gun - Cyber Crime How They Do It" available in soft cover and eBook at Amazon.com
    Lifetime Member of the National Association of Distinguished Professionals

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on this website are solely those of their respective authors.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42