Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 223 of 679 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,575 of 16962

Thread: Banners Broker HYIP ponzi scam

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Banners Broker HYIP ponzi scam

Quote Originally Posted by noname999 View Post

On a side note, 'talking to a true believer' last night, he is 100% convinced that BB can recover from this 'injustice'.
    Yes the Indian government dont understand "the blind network"
    The Indian crackdown on bb seems to have been triggered by complaints.
    One of the problems the authorities have, is the reluctance of victims to make an actual formal complaint. I am hopeful that in the next week or 2 I can persuade my uncle to do so. But there are many more like him, who have been scammed/blocked/banned and robbed. If they had been mugged on the street they would have no problem going straight to the police to report it. But for some reason they dont report this crime. There are even 4 or 5 members of this forum who for one reason or another have not reported the theft of their money. That is their decision, and yet 1 formal complaint would be worth 50 posts here. the joe Duffy show had so many calls of complaint about bb, that they were going to do a second program on it. But only a couple agreed to speak on air. If they had, it would have taken off like a virus. and hastened the end of this criminal enterprise.

2. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorta puts paid to Banners Brokers' explanation about rogue members "misleading the public" and "being terminated" doesn't it ???
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrygo View Post
    One of the problems the authorities have, is the reluctance of victims to make an actual formal complaint. I am hopeful that in the next week or 2 I can persuade my uncle to do so. But there are many more like him, who have been scammed/blocked/banned and robbed. If they had been mugged on the street they would have no problem going straight to the police to report it. But for some reason they dont report this crime. There are even 4 or 5 members of this forum who for one reason or another have not reported the theft of their money. That is their decision, and yet 1 formal complaint would be worth 50 posts here. the joe Duffy show had so many calls of complaint about bb, that they were going to do a second program on it. But only a couple agreed to speak on air. If they had, it would have taken off like a virus. and hastened the end of this criminal enterprise.
    So true. I can't understand either.
    "if they are giving the Banners Broker Mastercard,Banners Broker must be a real company." -BB member.
    "A toyota means 1 thing. Extrenal revenue. That is proof."-BB member

Post Thanks / Like

So true. I can't understand either.
    Honestly, have you never heard of Wikipedia? There's a two-line explanation of what a "blind network" is there. Surely that's enough for you, I mean 250,000 other people can understand it

6. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    Anyone else spot yet another inconsistency in the Banners Broker story ??

Man, LRM, it really is playing out like Pathway to Prosperity. In that case, the Feds produced two experts who tackled a Nick Smirnow claim very similar the BB claim shown in the screen shot.

Here's part of what one of the experts said about P2P:

“In my considered professional opinion, the investment scheme described in the materials that I have reviewed are not legitimate but resemble and are classic instances of so-called high yield frauds and fraudulent pyramid schemes. The proposed returns are excessive for even the most risky legitimate investments and are simply preposterous for investments whose principal is supposedly guaranteed.”

“It is apparent to me that the materials and the scheme which they describe were deliberately and artfully constructed, drawing on similar scams to deceive, confuse, entice and trap would-be investors.”

This is just part of the expert's résumé: chair of the Group of Experts on Commercial Fraud of the Secretariat of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL), co-chair of the UNCITRAL Symposium on International Commercial Fraud, and co-chair of the North American and European Standing Committees on Combating Commercial Fraud.

Smirnow still is listed as an fugitive by INTERPOL. The U.S. criminal charges are filed in the Southern District of Illinois.

PPBlog

Post Thanks / Like

Well its either that...or we have 250000 people who don't understand it, as they would hardly be in it otherwise! I wonder are there really that many members?
    "if they are giving the Banners Broker Mastercard,Banners Broker must be a real company." -BB member.

Post Thanks / Like

If Simon Stepsys or Mark Ghobril are involved it's 100% a SCAM!

Post Thanks / Like

Well its either that...or we have 250000 people who don't understand it, as they would hardly be in it otherwise! I wonder are there really that many members?
    Did I really need a /sarcasm tag in my last post?

I also believe that, like Ebay or Facebook, BB count closed and duplicate accounts when stating how many affiliates they have. That, and a tendency to lie.....
    Last edited by Theseus; 01-01-2013 at 10:33 AM.

11. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm one of those people who will lose out because of this Ponzi-Scam.

Assuming that someone wants to make a complaint, can we put something together on these pages that people can use as a template to use to make a formal complaint to the Police.

At the moment I don't know where to start, mainly because I still have an active account and at the moment BB in the UK is still operating.

13. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Theseus View Post
    I'm no expert on website security, but even with BB I'd have expected a back-office address to start https. The listing for an upcoming webinar by Ian Driscoll is a bit confusing too...
    Meh. Not all that surprising. I forget the most recent one that wasn't https either. Scams like these like to throw out fake security certificates too.

Post Thanks / Like

@StephenHoward. The complaint will have to be specific to your own dealings with bb. Whether like the Indian complainant, you were promised a doubling of your investment and that didn't materialise. Or whether you were blocked from your account, or money stolen. Here is the communication from Garda fraud investigation bureau.

Reference -
    ---------
    GBFI Assessment Unit - 477x12

Mr. --------

I am directed by D/Chief Superintendent, Garda Bureau of Fraud
    Investigation to acknowledge receipt of your email.

Please note that this scheme has been the subject of a report from this
    office to the Superintendent at Anglesea Street Garda Station, Cork
    City, Co. Cork. For this reason, if you wish to make a formal complaint
    in relation to this company, please forward a report in writing to the
    to the Superintendent at Anglesea Street Garda Station, Cork City, Co.
    Cork.

Any report should contain your details, (name, address etc) and contact
    details and exact details of the alleged fraud to include how the fraud
    was committed, when, where and who was at a loss and what was the value
    of the loss.

If you wish to contact the Garda Bureau of Fraud Investigation in
    relation to this matter, please quote FB.----------and a member of this
    Bureau will revert to you in course.

Regards,
    ------------------------
    Office of the D/Chief Superintendent,
    Garda Bureau of Fraud Investigation,
    Harcourt Square,
    Dublin 2
    00-353-1-6663706/09

Just to give you an idea what info the police want.

16. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Theseus View Post
    Honestly, have you never heard of Wikipedia? There's a two-line explanation of what a "blind network" is there. Surely that's enough for you, I mean 250,000 other people can understand it
    I dont think anyone is dusputing a blind network in advertising exists.

However just answering "blind network" to any questions about the whereabouts of the ads is just rediculous.

People keep mentioning google and facebooks ads... you can actually see these ads, they are on their sites... there are no banners broker ads!

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a link to any official statement from BB about this indian raid?

Post Thanks / Like

@StephenHoward. The complaint will have to be specific to your own dealings with bb. Whether like the Indian complainant, you were promised a doubling of your investment and that didn't materialise. Or whether you were blocked from your account, or money stolen. Here is the communication from Garda fraud investigation bureau.

Reference -
    ---------
    GBFI Assessment Unit - 477x12

Mr. --------

I am directed by D/Chief Superintendent, Garda Bureau of Fraud
    Investigation to acknowledge receipt of your email.

Please note that this scheme has been the subject of a report from this
    office to the Superintendent at Anglesea Street Garda Station, Cork
    City, Co. Cork. For this reason, if you wish to make a formal complaint
    in relation to this company, please forward a report in writing to the
    to the Superintendent at Anglesea Street Garda Station, Cork City, Co.
    Cork.

Any report should contain your details, (name, address etc) and contact
    details and exact details of the alleged fraud to include how the fraud
    was committed, when, where and who was at a loss and what was the value
    of the loss.

If you wish to contact the Garda Bureau of Fraud Investigation in
    relation to this matter, please quote FB.----------and a member of this
    Bureau will revert to you in course.

Regards,
    ------------------------
    Office of the D/Chief Superintendent,
    Garda Bureau of Fraud Investigation,
    Harcourt Square,
    Dublin 2
    00-353-1-6663706/09

Just to give you an idea what info the police want.

think it's important to state that you may not need to be a victim to make a complaint. This was not a requirement when I made my complaint to the anti fraud center in the country I live in. Just wouldn't want others to be put off or think that you need to have been a victim or believe that you have had money stolen to make a complaint. Ponzi/pyramid schemes themselves are illegal in most countries and if you suspect that you know of one...........complain away!

20. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buckyuk View Post
    Don't be silly, its holidays. At least have the decency to wait until Chris and Rajiv are back in the office - which will probably be never now, lol!
    Q & A with Terry Stern - Q&A with Terry Stern
    Banners Broker busted in India - Investment firm accused of duping investors
    Spread it on Facebook - Banners Broker Ponzi Scam

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buckyuk View Post
    Well on one BB page on Facebook, this is still therefrom 23 December....

"Purchase Tickets for BB World Tour - India 2013!!

The most anticipated event in India's Calendar is happening in February of 2013. The entire executive team will be in Kolkata to celebrate the amazing growth of Banners Broker in India.

Meet Chris, Raj, and the team from BB Corporate! Workshops, Trainings, Tutorials, and Insights on the future of BB!!

Attend exciting presentations, workshops, training sessions and gain further insights on the future of Banners Broker!"

So... not yet. I did ask my mate and as yet he's not responded.

And this was put on BB Worldwide.../euro2012 about an hour ago....

Banners Broker Worldwide BannersBroker created an event.
    about an hour ago

Banners Broker Tour - India
    8 February at 08:00 in UTC+05:30
    Kolkata in Calcutta, India
    Join · Banners Broker Worldwide BannersBroker is going
    Like · · Follow post

So, the answer is it hasn't got out, or they're bluffing. I think I'll go for the second bit
    Last edited by AshKen1; 01-01-2013 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Adding additional information

Post Thanks / Like

I think the notice given to Indian affiliates is as close to a press release or announcement as you're going to get.

I'm pretty sure Smith, Dixit and co will be tucked away somewhere ironing out the details of their exit strategy.

It's a difficult one. Their instinct now that BB India has been charged will be to flee and get their names as far away from the program as possible. The fact that the authorities haven't yet acted in Ireland, Canada, the UK and etc puts them in a very difficult situation. They have to carry on in these regions 'business as usual' knowing that the Indian authorities are watching them, sifting through their intimate documents, and potentially relaying it to anti-fraud agencies in other countries. Will they still want to be touring the world with their smiling faces and Primarni suits during this inquisition? I don't think so. They'd rather hide in a hole and watch it slowly die.

Likewise, the biggest affiliates are going to be moving quickly to disassociate themselves with the program and remove any perceived authority from their uplines. That way they can act like betrayed Little Marys when it comes crashing down, protecting themselves from some very angry investors.
    FinchSells.com: Affiliate marketing blog and occasional brainfarts. Digest at your peril.
    Finch on Kindle: The Affiliate Marketing Survival Guide 2013, #1 Direct Marketing Bestseller on Amazon

24. Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hypanor View Post
    Don't be silly, its holidays. At least have the decency to wait until Chris and Rajiv are back in the office - which will probably be never now, lol!
    Yes. I'm sure they had no idea this was coming when making 'vacation' plans.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i think their tactic will be to bluff it

Post Thanks / Like

Probably a good time for those with contacts in Joe Duffy show, Sunday World, Prendeville show etc to contact them again. I will be doing so with the Examiner. Can't wait to hear Prendeville's spin on this one.

28. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    Meh. Not all that surprising. I forget the most recent one that wasn't https either. Scams like these like to throw out fake security certificates too.

Login IS https, the certificate is current and the identity is verified by digicert.com.

Once you're logged in though, the rest of the site is http, I assume cc details are taken by https (not about to test that though) :) .

Post Thanks / Like

Question for those that are/or have been a member of BB. There seems to be no sign of any shills/drones since the India announcement. Is it a case of they are expected to wait for the company line before engaging the haters? Is this the normal MO?

Post Thanks / Like

Deafening silenced from balanced view, and the rest of the shills now. Wonder if Roger has gone on the run. Or maybe he has gone to India to explain "the blind network" to them.

32. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And not just here. Ususally on MMG you would find plenty of cheerleaders making a fool of themselves. No sign since the Indian authoirities made their move.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh God...spoke too soon. Some idiot now saying that the Indian authorities should go after the rapists rather than BB. Wonder will that defence work in court. Idiot.

35. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post