Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 673 of 679 FirstFirst ... 173573623663671672673674675 ... LastLast
Results 16,801 to 16,825 of 16962

Thread: Banners Broker HYIP ponzi scam

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Banners Broker HYIP ponzi scam

Quote Originally Posted by kiwichick View Post
    Hello again from NZ, it's been two years since I first researched BB when a friend asked me to look into it before she invested..... Opps there's that banned word...... That's where I found this fine forum and your BB ponzi fbook page. So HI!! to everyone I spoke with back then. Was stoked to find you all as nothing like your discussion here in NZ, i mean in terms of people looking critically at the legitimacy of BB,our commerce commission weren't too concerned, back then no one had called them. although my friend didn't join many in NZ did, I guess we were all the last to here about BB the'amazing banner company' lol and seems nz people may have been investors just before it crashed. Anyways has anyone in NZ been implicated in official proceedings, does anyone know?
    who is this?
    Haven't lost any money to online scams.......results are typical.

2. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

kiwichick joined back when Banners Broker was becoming active in the Land of the Long White Cloud and kept us informed as to the who, what and why of its' activities in NZ
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

4. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    kiwichick joined back when Banners Broker was becoming active in the Land of the Long White Cloud and kept us informed as to the who, what and why of its' activities in NZ
    *sigh* the southern hemisphere doesn't get my jokes (well, it's actually a stolen Seinfeld joke).

6. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right.

We're so used to American humour having a slapstick component, we forget to look for subtlety

8. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet as whip (kiwi for "that's fine") don't mind being forgotten. Do mind though if none of the kiwi 'leaders' see consequences as many here were convinced into BB. One of the kiwi leaders from 2 years ago is currently appearing in our local media, asking for public donations, and declaring he hasn't been involved in anything dodgy since a breast enlargement pill scam he was convicted over a while back. I disagree!!!!! Whilst it is tremendously sad that he is unwell ( he is seeking public funds for his treatment) the article made me vomit in my mouth a little as the focus was him proclaiming that he has been a top bloke since. As I said it's very sad he is ill, and I am not saying he doesn't deserve donations, just made me mad to read in papers him making promise to public that he not been involved in any scams since breast pill debacle, article was in response to people who knew about his past scamming ways and complained to the online donation service hosting his fundraising webpage, so he had to prove he was genuine and not scamming public again. Oddly no mention of BB in article today???

10. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oddly no mention of BB in article today???
    That's not "odd" at all.

I don't think regular readers would be surprised at how much sanitizing of the web has taken place since the demise of Banners Broker

12. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW, kiwichick, shouldn't that be "Sweet Ez" ???

14. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Little round man, it's definitely sweet as, dunno what sweet ez would be.

16. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Should be "sweet as eh bro"

Nice to see you again Kiwi...))
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

18. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's a North island / South island thing.

Nzers notoriously shorten their vowels, so, to us "fish and chips" comes out sounding like "fush und chups" and "sweet as" like "sweet ez"

20. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

22. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back KC. I dont know if you have been following things but IIR ther is a good link with spergel the liquidators which lists all the court actions in the US abd Isle of Man. In one of the files ther ther is an extensive list I think it is an excel file of people who were paid through payza and other payment processors. You could browse through it for names from Kiwi land.
    There is also the Canadian criminal case but that seems to be oin hold till liquidation is done.
    Can anyone oblige KC with a more accurate link? To the file which lists the people paid out by BB?
    From memory it might be in the IoM or canadian files.
    Banners Broker International Limited (BBIL) - Client Home
    for any NZ claims

I reckon about 10 million of 60 million has been recouped by the liquidators

Banners Broker International Limited - Spergel
    down i think to aug August 22, 2014,

Off topic By the way Im glad Ireland beat france yesterday since France will now face the Kiwis and hopefully have a good match and either beat them or seriously damage them. Ireland had a massive win but two of their top players were hurt. I wouldnt mind facing Kiwis in the final if Carter and Mc Caw for example were out injured.

24. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I see the gag now LRM, mocking our accent and yes I suppose it does sound like "ez" to you other non-kiwi folk

26. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Beacon, cheers for the helpful info, can't find where the list to look through is. Oh and its very cute how other countries think they have a chance against the mighty All Blacks, unlikely even without Dan and Ritchie. Go the AB's!!!!!!!!!

28. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here ya go, kiwichick: Spergel Corporate

30. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    Here ya go, kiwichick: Spergel Corporate
    Yeah i had that link IIR it was vol 2 part 3 but I couldnt find what I was looking for. People may remember a list of people claiming money. also there was an excel file from Payza I think which showed the payments BB was making to certain people. So you could look through it for the NZ names.

Does anyionbe remember the excel file?

32. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like the Official Banners Broker Facebook has finally gone:

bb facebook page gone.jpg

34. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmmm beacon, game didn't go as u expected. We're just that good!

36. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmmm beacon, game didn't go as u expected. We're just that good!
    I was at Twickenham doing some charity fundraising. South Africans were incredibly generous. I hope All Blacks can pull the crowds as Welsh defeat was a bit of a shock to Uk fans.

Post Thanks / Like

BREAKING NEWS!
    Chris and Raj have been arrested!

$126M Banners Broker pyramid scheme dismantled by Toronto police - Toronto - CBC News

p.s
    Det.-Sgt. Ian Nichol said the suspects, both 45, operated the online advertising company Banners Broker from an office on Church Street between October 2010 and March 2013.
    CHURCH STREET...!!!

39. Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news: Dixit and Chris Smith have been arrested and will appear in Court in Toronto today.

More news here: Police announce arrests in $93 million Banners Broker pyramid scheme | Toronto Star

Let's hope they won't forget about our other friends as well!

41. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news and let's hope that they are convicted and sent to prison for their actions. Wonder if all the other members of the management team in this Ponzi are about ready to wet their pants wondering if they are next? I sure hope so.
    Last edited by EagleOne; 12-09-2015 at 03:19 PM.
    EagleOne
    Author: "Robbing You With A Keyboard Instead Of A Gun - Cyber Crime How They Do It" available in soft cover and eBook at Amazon.com

43. Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, now that BB has officially been called a Ponzi, now Mark Ghobril can make good on his promise to pay back those who invested in BB under him if BB was proven to be a Ponzi. Time to step up to the plate Mark and honor your word (cough, cough). After all you are making zillions in MAP, so it shouldn't be an issue at all for you.

Wonder if Terry Stern and David Hooker are sweating bullets about now? Of course Simon will claim he was duped as he truly believed that BB was real because he got paid. Wouldn't it be great if the Canadians actually went after the major promoters of BB and the rest of the management team of BB? Now that would be AWESOME!
    EagleOne
    Author: "Robbing You With A Keyboard Instead Of A Gun - Cyber Crime How They Do It" available in soft cover and eBook at Amazon.com

45. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's also on the Globe and Mail:
    Two men charged in multimillion-dollar Toronto-based pyramid scheme - The Globe and Mail

"The charges were laid following a complex two-year investigation involving the Toronto police, RCMP, Competition Bureau, government ministries, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, FINTRAC and the Canada Revenue Agency."

Quote from Det.-Sgt. Nichols, who heads the mass marketing section of the Toronto Financial Crimes Unit:
    It’s one thing to believe something, it’s another to prove it to a criminal threshold. I don’t anticipate there will be any further charges.
    I wonder why they wouldn't charge any of the other ringleaders. They surely know who they are and already questioned them. Perhaps they made a deal? Or it's not a priority?

47. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
    It's also on the Globe and Mail:
    Two men charged in multimillion-dollar Toronto-based pyramid scheme - The Globe and Mail

"The charges were laid following a complex two-year investigation involving the Toronto police, RCMP, Competition Bureau, government ministries, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, FINTRAC and the Canada Revenue Agency."

Quote from Det.-Sgt. Nichols, who heads the mass marketing section of the Toronto Financial Crimes Unit:

I wonder why they wouldn't charge any of the other ringleaders. They surely know who they are and already questioned them. Perhaps they made a deal? Or it's not a priority?
    too f'ing lazy.

49. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post