LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: Michelle Johnson Home Income

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Michelle Johnson Home Income

Blackhatters are promoting a site called Michelle Johnson Home Income - or just "Home Income" on Adwords. In other words, they're tricking Google into running their ads. Oh, and I believe this is part of a big spam and scam ring, too. Nice going Google!

Here's the sequence:

1. The Adwords Ad:

(Note: I don't think the owner of ownbusinessfromhome.net is involved in this or even knows the domain is being used. The scammers are most likely running that domain for a while to boost their quality score, avoid manual review, until they can safely switch the actual target to their scam URL).

2. Clicking on the adwords ad takes you to...

...where you meet the fine and honorable scammy fake news site "Finance Reports" (You're source for smarter living!).

You're also treated to one of the new scammers' favorite web attacks:

3. At Finance Reports we learn about Therese Andrews who like many other fake work at home success stores "basically makes $6,000 - $8,000 a month".

We also learn about the uniquely branded program known simply as "Home Income".

And we meet the fine gentleman behind the spamming, blackhatting Theresa Andrews fake news site...Igor Kikenin of Ukraine.

4. I'm pretty sure the whole thing is real, because we're shown a fake check made out to the fake person, Theresa Andrews:

Although, it's kind of hard to read, so I guess it could say just about anything - "Thorny Arbors"?

4. Clicking on the "Home Income" links on the Financial Reports fake news sites takes you to home-income-univ.com, or more uniquely known as "Home Income" where we are told for no particular reason that "work at home opportunities have been featured on the following news sites:

Fox News
    USAToday
    NBC News
    abc
    CNN

5. I signed up for more scams and spam on the Home Income optin page and then was congratulated by another page which told me there were 2 positions left in my area. Not 1. Not 3...But TWO positions left in my area. Michelle Johnson is so popular!

6. By the way, the home-income-univ.com shows the site registered to Edward Johnson, which is "definitely" a real person who totally lives in Los Angeles and decided to register his domain from the Center Of Ukrainian Internet Names:

7. I wouldn't worry about all of that though, because if you have any sort of problem with the Michelle Johnson work at home site, you just have to contact "admin":

8. Plus, the whole thing is only $97 according to the order page:

9. Although there are some hidden charges deep in the terms page, which you can't possibly miss if you spend a while hunting around for them:

You'll be billed $9.95 every 32 days. Not 31. Not 33...but every THIRTY TWO days.

Nothing to worry about, though, as you can always contact...

..."admin".

2. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Michelle Johnson Home Income

JTMT.,
    That 2 spots left prompt seems eerily familiar to some other opps you have written about. Do you get the sense that it is a small group of people running the majority of these sites, or are people just buying some sort of plug and play scammer software?
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

Post Thanks / Like

I am not proficient in Adwords, but I seen this scam before hundreds of times. Scammer buys ads to be triggered on certain keywords. Real link is totally different from website name mentioned in the ad and goes to the fake news article. Nothing new.

Is Google supposed to check where link in the ad goes to?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fromthehood View Post
    I am not proficient in Adwords, but I seen this scam before hundreds of times. Scammer buys ads to be triggered on certain keywords. Real link is totally different from website name mentioned in the ad and goes to the fake news article. Nothing new.

Yes, they've been doing this forever. This is actually the old-school way of doing it. There's a newer and more sophisticated way which actually does got to the site listed, but rotates the content that's shown.

Both of them rely on Google checking the link shown for a certain period of time and going to the real link shown or to a site with content that Google approves of. Eventually, Google decides the ad is OK and doesn't check it, which is when the switch is done.

This video shows the newer way of doing it:
    Last edited by JustTooMuchTime; 06-14-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ribshaw View Post
    JTMT.,
    That 2 spots left prompt seems eerily familiar to some other opps you have written about. Do you get the sense that it is a small group of people running the majority of these sites, or are people just buying some sort of plug and play scammer software?
    There are a few things going on.

1. Most of these sites are lead generation sites for Utah Boiler rooms.

2. Sometimes the crime rings clone those lead generation sites and use them to steal credit cards and personal information.

3. Sometimes the crime rings will clone those lead generation sites to get people into hidden recurring billing situations.

7. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fromthehood View Post

Here's a video I made about this on Jul 17, 2010 using the old-fashioned way of doing the switch:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

By the way, this is part of the crime ring documented here at RealScam:
    http://www.realscam.com/f8/profit-ho...cam-spam-2227/

Post Thanks / Like

I clicked on the link to the Megan Jackson site and could not believe my eyes when I saw the first paragraph. I enclose a copy of the first claim as to where they say the site is being advertised.

They claim that it is advertised on the BBC. The BBC carries no advertising whatsoever. British people pay a licence fee to receive radio and TV. How did Megan Jackson manage to get round those rules?

"For some reason the fake advertorial news site wants me to know that it’s been advertised on the following sites:

•MSNBC
    •abc
    •USAToday
    •BBC
    •CNN"

Read more: Megan Jackson Profit From Home - Scam Or Legit?

11. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by path2prosperity View Post
    They claim that it is advertised on the BBC. The BBC carries no advertising whatsoever. British people pay a licence fee to receive radio and TV. How did Megan Jackson manage to get round those rules?

Read more: Megan Jackson Profit From Home - Scam Or Legit?
    Nice. I didn't know that. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I never click to Google ads. There is way too much chance of getting scammed. Just find right websites. That what websearch is for.

14. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustTooMuchTime View Post
    Nice. I didn't know that. Thanks.
    We do have commercial TV which is known as Independent Telvision and we have some well known commercial radio stations like Classic FM and Radio London but nobody can advertise on the BBC.

Thjere is a classic Peter Sellers film about a couple of con artists who were languishing in jail and decided to make a break for freedom and get themselves back into jail again as it was the perfect alibi. I think the film was called "The Two Way Stretch." It was absolutely hilarious and these two fictitious idiots' attempts to get advertising on the BBC is classic comedy.

Megan Jackson's claim to have advertised on the BBC could easily get taken up by local or national newspapers!

16. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post