LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: Tube Launch Scam Or Legit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tube Launch Scam Or Legit?

I just posted about getting spammed by FirePa or one of it's affiliates as I mentioned here at RealScam.

I clicked on the banner shown on this part of the FirePa site:

And it took me over to TubeLaunch - Earn Cash Just By Uploading Videos! which says:

"When you become a member of TubeLaunch you will be shown how to access a huge database of literally tens of thousands of companies that want to pay you."
    Which sounds suspiciously like the old Data Entry company ploys of trying to mask that they were selling really bad affiliate marketing training programs.

2. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Tube Launch Scam Or Legit?

I changed the image path. Here's that image again:

4. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The affiliate page for Tube Launch shows the following pricing:

$34
    $47 upsell
    $147 upsell 2

6. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Uploading videos from unknown sources can infect your computer as I discovered to my chagrin when I uploaded a picture of "The Naked Gardener" from Adlanders in Facebook to make fun of fat old men trying to look like pretty boys.

This TubeLaunch is being pushed on Adlandpro by people who could be naive newbies or seasoned shills with multiple user names. Do not upload videos from suspect sites. Seeing it on Scamlandpro is a very big red flag in my book.

Google TubeLaunch Adlandpro

8. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sales spiel from Scamlandpro member.

Quote.

"Go To TubeLaunch - Earn Cash Just By Uploading Videos!
    Make Money on Youtube upploading vounds. Introducing Tubelaunch, a brand new system. Members of Tubelaunch work with million dollar companies that will pay you to upload their videos. Become a member of Tubelaunch today and start making money uploading videos
    Go Here: http://tubelaunchsystem.com"

Type http://www. then adlandpro.com/ad/1535617/TubeLaunch-System-Make-Money-Uploading-Videos.aspx

Upload videos from strangers/scammers at your own risk.

10. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So, can anybody tell me why these so called "multi million dollar companies" wouldn't simply pay a handful of tech savvy teenagers to upload their videos onto YouTube after school rather than paying hundreds of thousands of affilliates to do the same thing ??

Does anyone think YouTube is going to stand idly by while it becomes the home for hundreds of thousands of video advertisements ???
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

12. Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that should be TubeLaunched is a torpedo, man. :)
    ---
    A MLM Skeptic (not a Cynic) covering scams, critical thinking, and psychology
    http://amlmskeptic.blogspot.com

14. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The TubeLaunch.com domain is using private registration:

There is Whois History, but the domain was dropped too long before it became TubeLaunch to make any connection between the prior owner and the current owner.

Their address is shown as:

TubeLaunch
    470 Julius St.
    Holland MI, 49424
    United States

16. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The disclaimer on the main page of TubeLaunch.com is WAY at the bottom of the page after you scroll past the first email optin (which takes you to an "Activation" page where there's a payment button.

They make an "FTC disclosure" about the paid testimonials...

"FTC disclosure: The persons found in the testimonials/ endorsements on this page have received monetary incentives to publish their opinions about TubeLaunch. These persons were part of an initial trial group that received free access to the TubeLaunch program along with monetary payment for voicing their opinion about their experiences."
    ...although I'm not sure the location way, way down at the bottom of the page is really what the FTC meant in their recently updated Dot Com Disclosure Guidelines.

From the FTC Staff Release about the updated guidelines...

"If a disclosure is needed to prevent an online ad claim from being deceptive or unfair, it must be clear and conspicuous. Under the new guidance, this means advertisers should ensure that the disclosure is clear and conspicuous on all devices and platforms that consumers may use to view the ad. The new guidance also explains that if an advertisement without a disclosure would be deceptive or unfair, or would otherwise violate a Commission rule, and the disclosure cannot be made clearly and conspicuously on a device or platform, then that device or platform should not be used."
    Here's what the full Tube Launch disclaimer says:

There's also a downsell to $19 if you try to leave the page. The disclaimer on that page, viewing it through Chrome looked like this for me:

18. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

According to somebody from the Warrior Forum, one of the guys on the main sales page sings happy birthday in his underwear on Fiverr.

20. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They seemed to have fixed the readability of the disclaimer in Chrome now. Here's what it looks like now:

22. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustTooMuchTime View Post
    I just posted about getting spammed by FirePa or one of it's affiliates as I mentioned here at RealScam.

I clicked on the banner shown on this part of the FirePa site:

And it took me over to TubeLaunch - Earn Cash Just By Uploading Videos! which says:

Which sounds suspiciously like the old Data Entry company ploys of trying to mask that they were selling really bad affiliate marketing training programs.
    Training programs from outfits which have the audacity to call themselves "universities."

Precedents mentioned on this RS thread.

24. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here's something interesting From ClickBank's Vendor Promotional Guidelines:

"Videos and testimonials containing actors who portray consumers and describe their success using the product as long as the customer experience on the video accurately describes the performance of a “bona fide” customer and is associated with a disclaimer appearing with the actor making such a disclosure (ex: “Actor Portraying Real Purchaser”). "
    It would seem from that sentence that ClickBank requires vendors to put the disclosure WITH the actor. I'm thinking especially of the last actor who COUNTS OUT MONEY while using his testimonial.
    Last edited by JustTooMuchTime; 06-02-2013 at 07:37 PM.

26. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Interesting discussion over at BlackHatWorld where it looks like the product creator is over there trying to recruit affiliates:

http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackha...check-out.html

28. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Somehow it reminds me on "1000 companies want your opinion"...I was scammed few years ago,paid 30 $ and was told to earn from 5 $ per opinion about different products and services....ha...I got few invitations in 6 months but then was not paid ,just got chance to win a price...somehow this one smells the same

30. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mundorf View Post
    Somehow it reminds me on "1000 companies want your opinion"...I was scammed few years ago,paid 30 $ and was told to earn from 5 $ per opinion about different products and services....ha...I got few invitations in 6 months but then was not paid ,just got chance to win a price...somehow this one smells the same
    As a matter of fact, the same guy behind this site, runs a site like that, too - eCashOpions.com which uses undisclosed stock photo images for the testimonials. That's the site he's talking about in the blackhatworld discussion.

32. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

TubeLaunch Scam

Well, the Tube Launch site is officially gone.

I'm sure all the people who paid for it are really happy about that.

34. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post