Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Wiseway Global Education of Beijing Scamming High School Students in Study-Abroad Fraud Scheme

  1. #1
    The Turk is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    43

    Wiseway Global Education of Beijing Scamming High School Students in Study-Abroad Fraud Scheme

    STUDY ABROAD SCAM ALERT - WISEWAY GLOBAL EDUCATION

    Another black study-abroad agent has surfaced in Beijing China that combines both the CUCAS and Gi2C scam in one. In fact, this new "old company" actually just merged with the Gi2c China Internship thieves. This group is luring students on both sides of the pacific with dreams of studying at top universities. They are even using "guarantees" that tell students they will be placed in on of their dream schools - even though they know they will not qualify based on low TOEFL, IELTS, and/or SAT scores. This Bloomberg article explains this sophisticated scam in detail: http://www.aaup.org/NR/rdonlyres/760...ranslation.pdf

    Further, China Scam Patrol exposed 23 fake study abroad ads online using the Wiseway name that turned out to be fronts for identity theft rings. Phishing scams target growing online population |Society |chinadaily.com.cn

    The company pretends and claims they are endorsed as "Partners" with all the below 2nd & 3rd tier universities and even the China Ministry of Education! In reality, they are not PARTNERS with any Chinese government ministry and A N Y O N E can act as an "agent" for any university applicant - that does not make them a partner!

    State University of New York
    Buffalo State College (SUNY)
    The College at Brockport (SUNY)
    SUNY Oswego
    SUNY University at Albany
    SUNY Cobleskill
    SUNY College at Old Westbury
    Stony Brook University - Intensive English Centre (SUNY)
    INTO University Partnerships
    Oregon State University
    University of South Florida
    Colorado State University
    Marshall University
    George Mason University
    University of Vermont
    Long Island University
    University of Maine
    University of Southern Maine
    Roosevelt University
    Academy of Art University
    University of Bridgeport
    University of Central Missouri
    California Lutheran University
    California State University, Fullerton
    California State University, Fresno
    California State University, East Bay, American Language Program
    California State University, Los Angeles, The English Language Program
    California State University, Northridge (Tseng College of Extended Learning)
    California State Poly Technic University, English Language Institute
    University of Missouri-St. Louis
    University of New Haven
    St. John's University
    University of La Verne
    University of Michigan-Flint
    University of New Hampshire, School of Law
    Arizona State University
    University of Tennessee, Knoxville
    University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
    Columbia University, American Language Program
    Drexel University, English Language Center
    Pace University, ELI
    Rochester Institute of Technology, English Language Center
    San Diego State University, American Language Institute
    The University of Alabama, English Language Institute
    The University of Oklahoma, Outreach
    University of California, Berkeley Extension
    University of San Diego, Continuing Education, English
    Language Academy
    University of Southern California, Language Academy
    Boise State University, Intensive English Program
    Saint Michael's College
    Green River Community College
    HULT International Business School
    ELS University Admission Service
    University of Idaho
    University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
    Troy University
    Saint Mary's University of Minnesota (Winona - Campus)
    Northwood University

    Now, do YOU see any top 100 universities in the above list? Also, why should anyone pay $10,000 to apply to a university to study -simply because they cannot understand 10% of the verbiage on all the applications? Charging a high school student $10,000 - $30,000 just to fill out some forms and using lies of guaranteed placement in a top 100 university is criminal IMO. But to Wiseway it is SOP! They should just request the admission application forms in their own native tongue or hire a translator for a day for $1,000. Wiseway is just another shady predator agent in China - except they were smart enough to list themselves in over a hundred university directories.

  2. #2
    nomaxim's Avatar
    nomaxim is offline ArchŠologist
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Stow, Ohio, Sol III
    Posts
    230

    Re: Wiseway Global Education of Beijing Scamming High School Students in Study-Abroad Fraud Scheme

    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    State University of New York
    Buffalo State College (SUNY)
    The College at Brockport (SUNY)
    SUNY Oswego
    SUNY University at Albany
    SUNY Cobleskill
    SUNY College at Old Westbury
    Stony Brook University - Intensive English Centre (SUNY)
    INTO University Partnerships
    Oregon State University
    University of South Florida
    Colorado State University
    Marshall University
    George Mason University
    University of Vermont
    Long Island University
    University of Maine
    University of Southern Maine
    Roosevelt University
    Academy of Art University
    University of Bridgeport
    University of Central Missouri
    California Lutheran University
    California State University, Fullerton
    California State University, Fresno
    California State University, East Bay, American Language Program
    California State University, Los Angeles, The English Language Program
    California State University, Northridge (Tseng College of Extended Learning)
    California State Poly Technic University, English Language Institute
    University of Missouri-St. Louis
    University of New Haven
    St. John's University
    University of La Verne
    University of Michigan-Flint
    University of New Hampshire, School of Law
    Arizona State University
    University of Tennessee, Knoxville
    University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
    Columbia University, American Language Program
    Drexel University, English Language Center
    Pace University, ELI
    Rochester Institute of Technology, English Language Center
    San Diego State University, American Language Institute
    The University of Alabama, English Language Institute
    The University of Oklahoma, Outreach
    University of California, Berkeley Extension
    University of San Diego, Continuing Education, English
    Language Academy
    University of Southern California, Language Academy
    Boise State University, Intensive English Program
    Saint Michael's College
    Green River Community College
    HULT International Business School
    ELS University Admission Service
    University of Idaho
    University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
    Troy University
    Saint Mary's University of Minnesota (Winona - Campus)
    Northwood University

    Now, do YOU see any top 100 universities in the above list?
    Per this years rankings at http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre...l-universities there are at least half a dozen or so schools there that are in the top 100 in the US.

    For example;
    #4 (Tie)- Columbia University
    #20- University of California, Berkeley
    #23 (Tie)- University of Southern California (USC) {Where I got my Bachelors. }
    #89 (Tie)- Stony Brook University - Intensive English Centre (SUNY)
    #89 (Tie)- University of San Diego
    #89 (Tie)- University of Vermont
    #96 (Tie)- The University of Alabama

    I could have missed a few.

    Oh, and 'State University of New York (SUNY)' isn't actually a school by itself. All state supported schools in New York (except City University of New York {CUNY}) make up SUNY.
    Last edited by nomaxim; 12-12-2015 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Added one of the rankings as a tie.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

  3. #3
    Tank's Avatar
    Tank is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    62
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Wiseway Global Education of Beijing Scamming High School Students in Study-Abroad Fraud Scheme


    Affiliating oneself through a private third-party language program that is merely run on the premises of a famous university doesn't make you a "partner" with a top 100 university friend. Furthermore, you may want to ask these clients of Wiseway Global about their feelings about the agency Job Discussion Forums :: View topic - It's gotten worse...please help!

    It is obvious to me at least that some astute scam artist (probably Yuri Khlystov) found the old 2007 owner of a the legitimate Wiseway Global and bought their defunct licence from 2007 and renewed it just so they could say they have been in business for 8 years. Most people who never worked or lived in China would probably fall for this bullshit. Most people would not bother to check with SAIC, SAFEA, the China tax offices, nor pay attention to the web site registration of 2013. I do, and apparently so does China Scam Patrol and a few others. Wiseway Global Education - Typical China Study Abroad Fraud? - WORLD Law Direct Forums

    I think it was Mark Twain who said it is easier to fool people than convince them they were fooled. The way Wiseway is now set up is just like Gi2c operated for years - using two different websites and multiple combinations of names (in case one or two names get exposed as a scam, they can fall back on other names). The mere fact that Gi2c has suddenly "merged" with this company is enough to tell me there is a fraud in progress. Update on the Gi2C China Internship Scam Investigation... (3/3) - ESLwatch - ESLwatch - Information, News, Forum and School Reviews

  4. #4
    nomaxim's Avatar
    nomaxim is offline ArchŠologist
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Stow, Ohio, Sol III
    Posts
    230

    Re: Wiseway Global Education of Beijing Scamming High School Students in Study-Abroad Fraud Scheme

    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Affiliating oneself through a private third-party language program that is merely run on the premises of a famous university doesn't make you a "partner" with a top 100 university friend.
    Sorry, but to whom are you replying too with this post?

    I merely pointed out that a half dozen or so schools in the OP's list are ranked in the top 100 at colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities.

    Since you made no comment on my post I assume your post is directed as a reply to the OP?


    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Furthermore, you may want to ask these clients of Wiseway Global about their feelings about the agency Job Discussion Forums :: View topic - It's gotten worse...please help!
    And what does this link have to do with anything?
    I see no mention of a 'Wiseway Global' ( or any other company for that matter) in the thread you linked too. In fact, that thread appears to be about a problem a single individual is having.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

  5. #5
    The Turk is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    43

    Re: Wiseway Global Education of Beijing Scamming High School Students in Study-Abroad Fraud Scheme

    Apparently this is also an argument at another thread where No-Maxim is defending the scammer for reasons still unknown so I will just copy the rebuttal made to him there which I happen to agree with:





    "NOMAXIM: Ignoring what is not convenient will not make the issue evaporate...


    Job Discussion Forums :: View topic - Scam Warning! 2 different China Wiseway Education Agents

    http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forum...gency-in-china

    http://eslwatch.info/eslwatch-forum/...-scam.html#701

    http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/...oad-fraud.html

    Once again... Legitimate businesses in China have SAIC business licenses, TAX ID numbers, and do not ask for up-front fees. They do not need two websites and should not refuse to identify their agents by their real legal names.

    Why the hell should anyone with a brain pay $285 for a job placement they can easily get for free? Why would anyone with a brain trust ANY company that merged with a known fraud (Gi2C China Internships)? Why would anyone with a brain trust a company that takes down its second website within 3 days of people finding proof they are only a 2 year old copy-cat company of the original Wiseway of 2007? Why would anyone with a brain believe a guy sitting in Stow, Ohio when expats who work and live in Beijing, cannot find any CURRENT corporate tax registrations nor SAIC business license (Required by law) for the new scam version of Wiseway?

    Anyone with the money can join that B Grade Association just like anyone who can afford the BBB annual membership fee can get a BBB listing - just like Gi2C bought themselves a listing with the British Business Council and just like the Wiseway swindlers bought themselves 50+ university listings - to create an image that they are "PARTNERS" as they falsely claim with the best universities in the world. Gi2c made the same claim and it was easily proven false by China Scam Patrol http://eslwatch.info/eslwatch-forum/...stigation.html

    Furthermore, this morning I personally spoke with Mrs. Liu at the China Minstry of Education and she emphatically denied that the Ministry of Education has no partnerships with any commercial entities and it would be illegal for them to do so (due to a conflict of interest). So Wiseway has been caught in yet another lie.

    Indeed, there is no law prohibiting payment of fees for services, but those of us who work in China for years know the golden rule in every Province of China - The legal jobs and the best jobs are all free! If anyone asks you to pay money for a job placement in China, they are a fraud. Here are five places to find free jobs in China:

    TEFL.net for Teachers of English
    Eslbase.com - Teach English as a Foreign Language
    Home - ESLwatch - Information, News, Forum and School Reviews
    ESL Jobs, TEFL Jobs, TESOL Jobs at ESLemployment.com
    http://ESL.com

    But of course, if you want to put your wallet on a diet and help feed the scamsters of China, feel free to use Wiseway and both or their other two alias companies Wiseway Global and Wiseway Global Education. After all, it is your money to squander as you please.

    If you doubt anything I say contact the SAIC directly:
    Address: 8 Sanlihe Donglu, Xichengqu, Beijing, 100820, P. R. China

    Phone: +86-10-68010463/68013447

    Facsimile: +86-10-68010463/68013447

    Email: dfa@saic.gov.cn"



    The real owner of Wiseway Global is Russian Yuri Khlystov who also owns Gi2C:


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on this website are solely those of their respective authors.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41