Thanks Thanks:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: Belgian court rules Herbalife illegal

Post Thanks / Like

Belgian court rules Herbalife illegal

Belgian court rules Herbalife illegal after seven year long proceedings.

Here are relevant parts of the courts' ruling:

A full copy in .PDF format can be downloaded HERE

Herbalife has announced its' decision to appeal.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

2. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Belgian court rules Herbalife illegal

I was wondering when Herbalife would really start getting hit....ever since I read this:

Multilevel marketing is not like this. Legitimate firms rely on sales of real products for their income, not on fees charged to new recruits. Mr Ackman contends that Herbalife relies on recruitment, not sales of its products to genuine customers (as opposed to new distributors, who are required to buy a batch to join the sales force). Michael Johnson, Herbalife’s chief executive, retorts that over 90% of product sales are outside its distribution network. SOURCE
    I've been wondering how Michael Johnson is going to show this to be true. He really stuck his foot in his mouth on this one. MLM's in general, and Herbalife in particular, rely on internal consumption of products for the main bulk of residual sales.

Not to toot my own horn, but in my video, at about 3:33 onward, I talk about the FTC's particular stance and warning regarding this.

4. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Why Bill Ackman is targeting Herbalife - Jan. 8, 2013

This is definitely going to get interesting. Ackman must be thrilled with the Belgian court ruling!
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post

This is definitely going to get interesting. Ackman must be thrilled with the Belgian court ruling!

Good article!! I love the Belgian court ruling!!
    Don't get ripped off!! Stay informed!

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know why these companies avoid detection in the US by the FTC? Is it political?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Law enforcement / enforcement agencies are underfunded and understaffed. Tragically, many obvious scams and schemes fly under the radar because of it. Not to mention these MLMs and other scams have powerful lobbyists that vigorously pursue scam friendly legislation. Many politicians are also basically bought and paid for.

RS is one of many great places to grease the wheel and expose these deals in addition to bringing them to the attention of law enforcement. I will never rest as long as folks are being hurt!
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Law enforcement / enforcement agencies are underfunded and understaffed. Tragically, many obvious scams and schemes fly under the radar because of it. Not to mention these MLMs and other scams have powerful lobbyists that vigorously pursue scam friendly legislation. Many politicians are also basically bought and paid for.

RS is one of many great places to grease the wheel and expose these deals in addition to bringing them to the attention of law enforcement. I will never rest as long as folks are being hurt!
    Thanks. That might explain why Amway is still running.