LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: Chris Domhoff of Ignite / Stream Energy Now With Momentis

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Chris Domhoff of Ignite / Stream Energy Now With Momentis

Chris Dumb@ss, oh pardonnez - moi, Domhoff MLM promoter extraodinaire, has dumped and jumped again. I was checking out Ignite and discovered much to my delight Chris had abandoned ship. What is Momentis you ask. Well, another ridiculous recruiting scheme selling electric service to the unsuspecting public. It has made such a buzz in my hometown of Dallas where it and Ignite are headquartered that I can say with a laugh that I had never even heard of it.

Momentis has just enough momentum to go straight where Execl went and Ignite is likely headed. With Ignite in only 2 states after endless bragging about going national and beyond, the scheme is quickly running out of recruits and possible customers. Saturation is an ugly reality and they are experiencing it right now. Everybody and their dog in Texas has been hit up by Ignite to join and sign up for power with them ad nauseum.

The video for Momentis is classic!

How do I know where this will end? Well, many of these guys came out of Excel:
    From Forbes>
    In a pyramid selling scheme, the mass of salespeople at the bottom line up a handful of customers to buy the product or service. Many of the salespeople will bring in only a small volume of business, but if you have enough of them the business will mushroom. Typical products: cosmetics (Mary Kay), household goods (Amway), vitamins (Shaklee).

The folks who make money aren't the ones who move the goods. The big money goes to the people who recruit the salespeople and to the people who recruit the people who recruit the salespeople. If you convince a customer to become a sales rep, you get not just a commission on his phone bill but also an override on any customers he recruits, and so on down the pyramid.

At Dallas, Tex.-based Excel, the salesman at the top, former high school football coach Paul Orberson, earns $1 million a month. The company trumpets his success in order to haul in new recruits.

Representatives are encouraged to sign up their relatives and friends as customers (shades of MCI's Friends & Family plan). That keeps turnover low, at least among the customers. "My mom isn't going to quit Excel for a check from AT&T. She is loyal to me," says Excel representative Clinton O'Rear, a part-time marketing consultant in Dallas. Still, there is plenty of turnover among the sales reps 80% don't even last a year.

Most recruits pay $195 to join, often mesmerized by visions of emulating Orberson. Excel is the country's fifth-largest long distance company, with 4.1 million customers. But Excel also boasts 1 million sales reps. That means the average Excel rep has only four customers, and one of them is himself. No wonder the turnover is so high.

The average Excel monthly bill is $28, and the commission at the bottom is 2%. That means the average salesman at the bottom is hauling in all of $20 a year in commissions. The few who climb the pyramid do better, collecting besides commissions bonuses when reps in their pyramid sign up new customers.

In the manner of a chain-letter scheme, the pyramid relies on a stream of new recruits for its prosperity. The company netted a fat $144 million on revenue of $1.4 billion last year. Minus the $195 recruiting fees, though, Excel would have been in the red.
    Soapboxmom

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Chris Domhoff of Ignite / Stream Energy Now With Momentis

Checking Power to Choose is endlessly amusing. Just Energy the provider of electricity for this silly recruitment deal has almost the highest price in the area of Dallas where it is headquarted. Type in the zip code 75231 and have a laugh. Anyone who has the smarts to compare will steer clear of this one. It is high priced and not even "green" energy!

Soapboxmom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    Chris Dumb@ss, oh pardonnez - moi, Domhoff MLM promoter extraodinaire, has dumped and jumped again. I was checking out Ignite and discovered much to my delight Chris had abandoned ship. What is Momentis you ask. Well, another ridiculous recruiting scheme selling electric service to the unsuspecting public. It has made such a buzz in my hometown of Dallas where it and Ignite are headquartered that I can say with a laugh that I had never even heard of it.

Momentis has just enough momentum to go straight where Execl went and Ignite is likely headed. With Ignite in only 2 states after endless bragging about going national and beyond, the scheme is quickly running out of recruits and possible customers. Saturation is an ugly reality and they are experiencing it right now. Everybody and their dog in Texas has been hit up by Ignite to join and sign up for power with them ad nauseum.

The video for Momentis is classic!

How do I know where this will end? Well, many of these guys came out of Excel:
    From Forbes>

Soapboxmom
    tammy, Tammy, Tammy (a/k/a Soapboxmom)....I am truly amazed of your ignorance of the Chris Domhoff/MLM energy market situation. I had to laugh

Remember when you were in the old forum (won't mention names here) and you broke the news that Ignite/Stream Energy (Chris Domhoff's old company) was sued by several former reps of the company for alleged pyramid scheme under the RICO act? Remember that? Man, you was jumping for joy with glee, hoping that Ignite will go down in blaze of glory. YEEHAH!!!

And remember I send you a message that the case was not gonna see the light of day beyond pre-trial hearings because the reps did not followed through abritration procedures and the case simply does not falls under the RICO act. Eliot Ness would have rolled in his grave (Personally, Robert Stack plays Ness better than Kevin Costner, but that's another story)

Well, guess what happened next? The Judges proceeding in both Ignite cases in Texas and Georgia, thrown the cases out of court and the reps hadn't refiled it since.

And now, you setting your sights on Domhoff's new venture called Momentis which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Just Energy which is based out of Toronto, Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom
    It has made such a buzz in my hometown of Dallas where it and Ignite are headquartered that I can say with a laugh that I had never even heard of it.
    Tammy...I hate to break it to ya girlfriend, but Momentis (Even though it's U.S. headquarters is in Dallas) is not marketing energy services in Texas at this time. Simply because Domhoff and Just Energy had signed a competing clause with Ignite/Stream Energy that Momentis/Just Energy will not market energy services in Texas and Georgia for the next 3 years. However, because of Stream Energy's not able to market in other states beyond Texas and Georgia, don't be surprised if Momentis/Ignite merger is in the works.

What I trying to say to you Tammy is that you are wasting your valuable resources of going after every MLM companies thinking they're all scams. I am not saying you shouldn't, because they are truly scams out there. You just had to find it and I'm sure you know where to find them. Just be careful which foot you stepped on unless you're looking for a big fat lawsuit that you'll not win.

And that's my $0.02 cents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am not Tammy, lad. Google Soapboxmom, sir. I already had a big fat lawsuit against me and I won hands down in Summary Judgment. The charmer who sued me could not provide one single false statement by me as I am not making any. Opinion is not actionable.

Always a pleasure to chat with you mon ami. Drop in anytime. Perhaps, you could go over to the slam site you will find when you Google me and join the rest of my fan club. Tell them thanks for the lovely site in my honor! What's a little publicity between friends, right!

Soapboxmom
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    I am not Tammy, lad. Google Soapboxmom, sir. I already had a big fat lawsuit against me and I won hands down in Summary Judgment. The charmer who sued me could not provide one single false statement by me as I am not making any. Opinion is not actionable.

Always a pleasure to chat with you mon ami. Drop in anytime. Perhaps, you could go over to the slam site you will find when you Google me and join the rest of my fan club. Tell them thanks for the lovely site in my honor! What's a little publicity between friends, right!

Soapboxmom
    Tammy, you don't had to lie to me. I know who you are. And just because you recently won a lawsuit against you for slandering, doesn't mean you'll escape again next time. like I said before, you need to focus on the REAL scams out there. I'm with you on this. You just need to stop using the Chicken Little routine thinking the sky's falling. Chris Domhoff is NOT the enemy. companies like YTB, Narc that car (CSI), WOW Mobile (oh, god!) and others charging 500, 1000 dollars and such. They're the ones that needs to be put out of pasture.

Don't you agree???

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tammy who? Ignite Stream had the lawsuits dismissed for one reason alone if I am understanding the two legal rulings correctly. The reps were bound by their arbitration clauses in their contracts plain and simple. The merits of the claims and the RICO issue was not addressed at all.

Lesson for everyone out there. You better read carefully what you sign. Many MLMs have an arbitration clause, can give you the boot without giving you any cause, prevent you from participating in any other MLMs and have non compete clauses so that if you quit you cannot take any of your downline with you.

I believe all of them are simply inherent frauds due to the compensation plans, but there are many more things one should be aware of.

What makes you think these two competing MLMs would want to merge. Was Domhoff's departure amicable?

Soapboxmom
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

SBM is not "Tammy" (whoever the hell that is), you moron. English is not your first language apparently either. "You don't had to lie to me". "They're the ones that needs to..." "I send you a message..." BTW, what the hell is "abritration"? And you dare to call SBM ignorant? LMAO No wonder people think that MLMers are stupid idiots.

And for the record, are you threatening her in public on this forum?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmmmm....I see the little illiterate, lying weenie tucked tail and ran back under his rock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you ALA. Our friend does seem to be speechless at the moment. He is welcome to come back and converse with us. I am still waiting to hear about his knowledge of libel law, the mysterious Tammy and why two MLM scams would merge.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Who loves ya baby!!! It was that infamous pic of you in the bikini that did it for me. lmao Seriously, I'll always have your back. You have more class, integrity and morals in your little toe than a million MLM scamwads will ever possess.

Post Thanks / Like

After watching the video, one question I have is how do consumers on the grid get to choose where their energy comes from? The energy grid does not know where the energy comes from. The grid cannot tell what energy came from wind or coal. So how would consumers get to choose? They can't if hooked to the grid.

Also is this company called "just energy" really a multi-billion dollar company. I don't know for sure, though somehow I doubt it.

Did this company called "just energy" somehow spend billions upon billions of dollars to provide the infrastructure to provide energy to only their customers?

I think not.

The energy is on the grid, at this time there is no way around that fact. When you power your house and such, that power comes from the grid.

So where is the choice in getting "green energy" diverted to your house?

Answer.........

There is no choice. The energy companies cannot divert only "green energies" to a house who wants it. That is impossible, the energy comes from different sources, and the grid cannot tell what came from wind or coal and so on.

Somehow I don't see companies like PG&E or Southern California Edison just stepping aside and saying "yes just energy you just go and use our infrastructure that we spent billions on and make a profit, yeah we are cool with that".

This to me seems like a huge scam.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiDogg View Post
    <snip>
    And that's my $0.02 cents.
    Another favorite phrase by MLMers.

A half-truth is a whole lie.

Post Thanks / Like

Momentis/Just Energy

Hi Folks.

I keep having this 'business opportunity' pitched to me.
    Well I don't think it's a scam.......but???

Talk Fusion Studio UTC

He starts talking money at around 12 mins 30secs. Seems to me they can't help but give you money if you're near the top of pile with everyone recruiting like loonies.
    Apparently all you need to do is buy your own 'miser unit' for your house and set up your own website for your minimal qualification.
    I don't see where the income is coming from as they seem to be paying out more in commissions than it costs to get involved.

Any thoughts??