Thanks Thanks:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: The Empire Strikes Back - World Ventures MLM attempts to intimidate critic

Post Thanks / Like

The Empire Strikes Back - World Ventures MLM attempts to intimidate critic

Long time readers of REALSCAM.com will be familiar with the struggling "home based travel" MLM, World Ventures from THIS thread, started back in 2010

Evidently we are not the only ones with questions about World Ventures.

Back in July 2013, Stephanie Yoder related an unpleasant experience she and her partner had with World Ventures on her Twenty-Something Travel blog. (see the offending blog post below)

Stephanie Yoder

Stephanies' original blog post attracted a flurry of visitor comments, 251 of them in all, making it one of the most viewed articles on Twenty-Something Travel, with many of the comments appearing to be from World Venture shills, quoting the company line

So popular was the article, a quick Google search using the terms world venture sees the offending article at #2 on the search results:

Rather than mending their ways and attending to what appears to be glaring examples of everything that gives multi level marketing it's less than stellar reputation, World Ventures decided to pull on its' hob nailed boots and attempt to stamp out any criticism coming its' way.

This week comes news that Stephanie has received a strongly worded, but meaningless, "Cease and Desist" letter on behalf of World Ventures:

The letter was signed by Shawn E. Tuma of Plano, Texas based law firm Britton Tuma

Keen observers will notice that, while Mr Tumas' letter contains all manner of pseudo legal terms and threats of dire consequences for non compliance with the demands, it contains very little substance in defining which property has been "misappropriated, misused, and disparaged" or how Ms Yoders' BLOG is engaging in "unfair competition and deceptive trade practices" against an MLM travel company.

I particularly like the bit warning:
    As part of your obligation to preserve evidence, you must preserve every form of information or communication, whether tangible or digitally stored, that is related to this matter and is within your possession, custody, or control. This includes, by way of example only, all past and future letters, email, instant messages, social media communications, posts, and comments, browser cache, audio transcripts, mms messages, Skype transcripts, etc

"Obligation to preserve evidence ??"

Is that how it works in America ??

A lawyer is paid send a nasty letter on behalf of a client and the recipient becomes obliged to do as he says ??

Methinks World Ventures' time would be better spent remedying the abysmal returns made by its' members than attempting to ride roughshod over bloggers' who dare to question its' and its' representatives behaviours.as well as answer the frequently asked questions with regard to the pyramid scheme aspect of the World Ventures "opportunity"

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

2. Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Empire Strikes Back - World Ventures MLM attempts to intimidate critic

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    Rather than mending their ways and attending to what appears to be glaring examples of everything that gives multi level marketing it's less than stellar reputation, World Ventures decided to pull on its' hob nailed boots and attempt to stamp out any criticism coming its' way.
    I hope Shawn Tuna doesn't send 74% monkey a C&D, but damn doesn't that many folks making NO cash say it all? You have to be in the top 1% to make any kind of real dosh. I also take it, these commission numbers are BEFORE expenses, making the numbers less than they appear. Seems once again MLM statistically speaking is HARDER to make money than all the those dirty J.O.B.S. they claim to be freeing people from.

I like this part.JPG
    74%monkey.JPG

I am fairly sure this is the deal a friend of mine got invited to by a neighbor a year or so back. He thought he was going over for wine and cheese, instead a three hour get rich quick slide show. That sort of blindsiding makes us all tired of MLM, never minding the whole losing money by the masses part.

I liked her blog, seemed pretty on the mark. You know what they say about people who protest too much.

* Disclaimer, 74% Monkey is not a real monkey, he will not be saving any documents. 76.94% is the actual number of people making NO CASH according to the company's own math.
    Last edited by ribshaw; 07-14-2014 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Should be 76.94% Monkey.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

4. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ridiculous. Shawn Tuna (and that's what he shall be called) needs a serious lesson in law. What a dufus

Post Thanks / Like

World Venture Marketing LLC, - USA October 2012 to September 2013 Annual Income Disclosure Staement

Hmmnn, perhaps World Ventures Independent Representatives should consider asking Mr Tuma to send a nasty letter to World Ventures.

Nah, with those sort of income levels, they couldn't afford his fees.

7. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
    <div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1065479008443" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1065479008443">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/Ablayz">Louis E. Smith III</a>.</div></div>

Post Thanks / Like

Ugggh...never mind...sorry!

Post Thanks / Like

youtu.be/ez7i17g9Cm0

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I just thought video was oddly appropriate to subject matter. I could be wrong. but just made me giggle

Post Thanks / Like

this?:

13. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes....thank you, Whip.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Respected anti scam blogger, Ethan Vanderbuilt offers his opinion on World Ventures on ethanvanderbuilt.com

WorldVentures Scam? Yes It Is In My Opinion.

WorldVentures Scam? Yes It Is In My Opinion.

Ethan Vanderbuilt December 2, 2013 WorldVentures Scam? Yes It Is In My Opinion.

Update: WorldVentures is using legal action to silence bloggers that point out the issues with this company.

WorldVentures Scam Claims

Fun, Freedom and Fulfillment!

WorldVentures
    ™ has made a commitment to being the most-trusted name in the direct-selling industry through our transparent business processes and open management philosophy.

Thanks to its commitment to superior value, its innovative products and its good corporate citizenship, WorldVentures has become one of the world’s largest vacation and entertainment direct sellers. With a network of more than 110,000 Independent Representatives in 24 countries, the company offers a unique opportunity to make money doing what you love. In other words, you can make a living, living!

WorldVentures Scam Reality

Fees

DreamTrips One Time Fee $199.95 Monthly Fee $26.99
    DreamTrips Life One Time Fee $199.95 Monthly Fee $54.99
    International DreamTrips Life One Time Fee $199.95 Monthly Fee $49.98
    Luxury DreamTrips One Time Fee $999.99 Monthly Fee $99.99
    DreamTrips U One Time Fee $99.99 Monthly Fee $20.99
    Become a representative $99 one time $10.99 per month.
    $360 to start with a DreamTrips package and become a representative.
    Do DreamTrips include flights. No. You have to book that separately. What a dream!

You can get similar pricing and package deals, INCLUDING airfare, elsewhere.

Priceline.com - The Best Deals on Hotels, Flights and Rental Cars.
    KAYAK - Cheap Flights, Hotels, Airline Tickets, Cheap Tickets, Cheap Travel Deals - Compare Hundreds of Travel Sites At Once

Here is one example of how close the prices are for flights. A flight to NYC from LA on American Airlines: $446 on Kayak and $480 on Rovia.

Refund policy

14 business days

http://gs1.wpc.edgecastcdn.net/80289E/media/1/PDF/unitedstates_us/policiesandprocedures_us.pdf

The WorldVentures BBB Rating is now a C- it was a D at the time this video was recorded. (The ratings provided by the BBB are a scam in my opinion. The complaints are not.)

WorldVentures Marketing, LLC Business Review in Plano, TX - Dallas Texas BBB

WorldVentures had a F rating with the BBB at the end of 2013.

https://web.archive.org/web/20131216205406/http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/multi-level-selling-companies/worldventures-marketing-in-plano-tx-90030075

Below is one of the BBB complaints.

"After accessing and exploring the website I found that the destinations were the same but packaged differently to make the website seem more expansive.

I called the Regional Manager again to complain about the destination and availablity issues, and again I got the run-around and was offered another suggestion, which was to shop other travel websites and if I found a destination on another website they would match the cost, if this was the solution to my issues then WorldVenture is offering a service that is free from other travel entities, so why should I pay fro something that is free.

The Regional Manager then stated that if I got others involved in WorldVenture My cost to travel these destinations would be less. I told the regional manager that it would be difficult for me to involve a friend or associate in a business venture that I was completely dissatisfied with, and that I was opting out of the program because of the false advertising and marketing practices, lack of destinations/opportunities promised and not received from WorldVenture services"

Income Disclosure

80.18% Earned no income.

Average income for an independent representative was $190.15

95% on average are losing money according to their own income disclosure and reports that take into account expenses have WorldVentures ranked as one of the worst MLMs for you losing money: 99.97%.

http://gs1.wpc.edgecastcdn.net/80289E/media/1/PDF/unitedstates_us/incomedisclosure_us.pdf
    http://ftc.gov/os/comments/bizoppstaffreport/00008-57281.pdf

The World Ventures Compensation Plan will make your eyes bleed because it is so confusing.

There are compensation caps at various levels and a 65% PAYOUT CAP RULE.

http://gs1.wpc.edgecastcdn.net/80289E/media/1/PDF/unitedstates_us/detailedcompplan_us.pdf

Wayne Nugent tries to say that you and he are the same.

You are not the same as Wayne because the top positions are owned by Wayne and Mike.

http://gs1.wpc.edgecastcdn.net/80289E/media/1/PDF/GENERIC/truth/WorldVenturesTruthContent.pdf

Both Wayne and Mike are tax frauds.

MikeandWayneTaxFraud_8034090

Click the below link to find out what happens when Mike Conway EX-CEO of WorldVentures makes some recommendations on the tax fraud situation.

MikeConway_6102033

When you get the car bonus, keep in mind, you are the one that takes the car in YOUR name, YOU pay the insurance on it, and if any customers you signed up drop out or cancel their membership and you fall below the quota required to keep that car, YOU will be stuck with the payments.

http://gs1.wpc.edgecastcdn.net/80289E/media/1/PDF/unitedstates_us/compplanoverview_us.pdf

Essentially all your fees for joining and monthly membership go into a “piggy bank”. Unfortunately these are not all available immediately, expire after a year and are only good for DreamTrips Rewards (not normal DreamTrips and not airfare).

http://gs1.wpc.edgecastcdn.net/80289E/media/1/PDF/unitedstates_us/dreamtrips/dtr_faq_us.pdf
    http://gs1.wpc.edgecastcdn.net/80289E/media/1/PDF/unitedstates_us/dreamtrips/dtrprogramterms_us.pdf

Check the dream trips rewards available. Make sure you select DreamTrips Rewards and update. You will find the destinations are very limited.

https://www.dreamtrips.com/trips/finder

WordVentures Court Case 2011-2013

Alan Waters CFO explains why it is normal for management to place some people high in the compensation plan as a perk.

Alanwaters_7321491

You can explore the court case that these documents are from with the below link.

http://courts.dallascounty.org/ Enter Court Case Number dc1109451

So far, WorldVentures has kept out of trouble with attorneys general, shamed or litigated former reps into silence, and successfully parlayed its rating from the Better Business Bureau up to a C. But the two most damning lawsuits from former reps may soon be joined by a third. Jeffrey Ostrove, a former WorldVentures rep who was involved for seven months, is preparing a class action suit against the company. More than 200 people have signed on, he said. “This is really ethically wrong, it’s morally wrong,” he told The Observer. “It’s taking advantage financially of people without them knowing about it.”

- Source New York Observer

Reproduced here with the kind permission of Ethan Vanderbuilt

You can read the original article on Ethan Vanderbuilt.com

17. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

MikeConway_6102033

"When you get the car bonus, keep in mind, you are the one that takes the car in YOUR name, YOU pay the insurance on it, and if any customers you signed up drop out or cancel their membership and you fall below the quota required to keep that car, YOU will be stuck with the payments."

I read through the travel blog comments last night, two people showed up and claimed they had the BMW lease. This guy is spot on, where is the benefit other than the "fake it til you make it" image that is so pervasive in MLM?

The comments of affiliates parallel decade old assertions of Coastal Vacations MLM: Ripoff Report | coastal vacations directory of Complaints & Reviews, and I suspect the customer/affiliate complaints do and will as well. Proving once again there is little new under the sun when it comes to gimmicks to part people from their money.

It is troubling that a company would take such a strong arm tactic against what is really a two sided blog. She laid out her concerns, plenty of affiliates who all seemed to be in the top 1% of World Ventures were allowed to respond. It is not as if any of the problems she expresses are new to MLM, and by the same token the responses from the affiliates are what we have heard for years.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

19. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't get through two minutes of Wayne's speech. I mean, seriously; first I was laughing at the hair, the pants, the GIANT cross around neck, but then when I actually started listening....ewwww. Who are the people in audience who actually pay to hear idiots like this speak? I think a film or documentary about this is in order.

Post Thanks / Like

11/28/2014 WorldVentures has lost their appeal of a decision by the Norwegian Gaming Board that said they were a pyramid scheme. WorldVentures is now judged to be a pyramid scheme in Norway.

A central question in the case was whether more than 50 percent of revenues in the business came from the recruitment of new members. Gaming Authorities concluded that this condition was present, and WorldVentures is regarded as a pyramid scheme.

This means WorldVentures must stop its operations in Norway immediately. – Source Nettavisen.no
    Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. - Sophocles
    LikesXL Scam? Yes It Is In My Opinion!
    Top 10 Work At Home Business Opportunity Scams

22. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post