LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: Interesting Site About Shaklee

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Interesting Site About Shaklee

I've never seen this site before (note, don't click on the shakleescam.com site listed at the top as it seems to have a virus right now). But this is the site:

Shaklee Pyramid Scam Plus Bo Short Info

There's definitely some good informtion on the site, but I do want to point out a couple misleading
    parts.

I do agree with some of the Lawyers for Shaklee that the part on the home page that says, "Read a post that the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION published about Shaklee." is misleading. That simply links to a comment somebody made in rebuttal to the FTC's proposed Business Opportunity Rule:
    522418-13110.htm

Under the Opportunity heading, the site owner changes the wording to:
    "Put it this way, the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION published a user post indicating that you will probably lose the money they convince you to invest. "

A bit less misleading, but still implying the FTC agrees with the user post, which is misleading.

522418-13110.htm

These are the legal threats:

Manett Phelps and Phillips law firm and Shaklee Scam
    Last edited by Soapboxmom; 06-01-2013 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Edited at original poster's request

Post Thanks / Like

re: Interesting Site About Shaklee

Quote Originally Posted by JustTooMuchTime View Post
    I've never seen this site before (note, don't click on the shakleescam.com site listed at the top as it seems to have a virus right now). But this is the site:

Shaklee Pyramid Scam Plus Bo Short Info

There's definitely some good informtion on the site, but I do want to point out a couple misleading
    parts.

I do agree with some of the Lawyers for Shaklee that the part on the home page that says, "Read a post that the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION published about Shaklee." is misleading. That simply links to a comment somebody made in rebuttal to the FTC's proposed Business Opportunity Rule:
    522418-13110.htm

Under the Opportunity heading, the site owner changes the wording to:
    "Put it this way, the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION published a user post indicating that you will probably lose the money they convince you to invest. "

A bit less misleading, but still implying the FTC agrees with the user post, which is misleading.

522418-13110.htm

These are the legal threats:

Manett Phelps and Phillips law firm and Shaklee Scam

The tagline in this post title is from the bottom of the site's home page.
    Shaklee has been promoted very heavily on Adlanpro by a woman called Elaine Woolfe.

Google Shaklee adlandpro

Elaine and her husband Ken also promote it on Facebook.

Elaine and Ken Woolfe Shaklee promoters

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like that he's standing up to legal threats:

Legal threats page

Post Thanks / Like

Seems Shaklee is going for the Minkow defense... Or is it the "Ackman" defense now, i.e. "you're just bad mouthing us so you/someone can profit by shorting stock"?
    ---
    A MLM Skeptic (not a Cynic) covering scams, critical thinking, and psychology
    http://amlmskeptic.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustTooMuchTime View Post
    I like that he's standing up to legal threats:

Legal threats page
    There is nothing better than MLM goons threatening consumer advocates. One should always immediately publish and poke fun at such tripe!

As is usually the case the scammers (Shaklee) seem to be lots of bark and absolutely no bite! I love it!!!
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

6. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    There is nothing better than MLM goons threatening consumer advocates. One should always immediately publish and poke fun at such tripe!

As is usually the case the scammers (Shaklee) seem to be lots of bark and absolutely no bite! I love it!!!
    I love these parts in response to the legal threats:

From one of the Brand paragraphs:
    "Add to that, 1st Amendment free speech rights, the site's relativistic language, the testimony of Shaklee victims and name any court in the land where you would like to see this play out. Based on your assumption that the sites are pointed at a single proxy and that only two people are responsible, I do not think you are the right voice for Shaklee to use."
    From Brand's legal counsel:

"I understand your threat to escalate matters, by taking up a court's time and receiving payment from Shaklee in return for your services while losing this case. Is it your position that Mr. Brand is the owner of the site? Any materials you wish to send will be sent to my email until such time as I am assured you understand the basics of what is going on. As you probably know, Shaklee affected the daughter of a highly respected Federal Prosecutor, Robert Dopf. Out of respect, I will mention here that you are poised to make the situation far worse for Shaklee Corporation based on the tone of your email."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks like this is the Robert Dopf they are talking about:
    Robert Dopf Obituary: View Robert Dopf's Obituary by Des Moines Register

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Elizabeth Dopf is mentioned as one of Robert's Dopf's children in that obituary, and she's
    referenced here:

Shaklee Pyramid Scheme Plantiff Recorded Fraud Every Step of the Way: Pyramid Scheme Victim Seeks Damages From Shaklee Corporation: "I Recorded the Whole Thing"