Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Misery Profit

  1. #1
    Verabsmith is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14

    Misery Profit

    Hello, I'm brand new here. I recently emailed Salty Droid a question but never received a reply (I know he must get tons).
    There is a new way in which these nasty MLMs are infiltrating our everyday lives. As if they are not intrusive enough, I have recently come upon two separate situations resembling eachother eerily. Two of my friends over the course of 6 months experienced family tragedies. Within oh, about 5 minutes, "friends" of these sufferers had latched on with their MlM "offer". Setting up Facebook accounts and online "parties" and calling it a "fundraiser" . Now, if they were donating say 100% of sales to the affected, it might not be so tacky. But they are donating 5 and 10% to the fund. A week of no sales shows just how unpopular this is because nobody really wants your snake oil and they are directly donating to the charity of choice thank you very much.
    I have seen these MLMers go off on people for not buying. Trying to guilt family and friends claiming a child just might die if you don't buy a candle.

    I have directly and indirectly shamed these "do gooders" who are using my friends tragedies as their advertisement. But it's not enough. People are not vocal enough. Probably because people feel sorry for these MLMers in a way. But they SHOULD be embarrassed and humiliated for attempting to profit off a terrible accident or death of a loves one.

    Has anyone else noticed this trend? How can I encourage others to see this for what it is. It is not an act of goodwill or charity. It is an act of leeching. Parasitic almost. Vultures definitely. How can I encourage my friends to call the people out. Silence only empowers them. No sales do not seem to have any affect. They just rationalize it with their plethora of excuses.

    Thank you. I look forward to learning a lot here.

    Signed Frustrated Stay at Home Mom who has had it up to HERE these candles, makeup and face cream shoved down the throat.

  2. #2
    littleroundman is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,161

    Re: Misery Profit

    Hiya, Vera, and welcome to REALSCAM.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Verabsmith
    How can I encourage others to see this for what it is.
    You just have.

    Let's be clear, not all MLMers are the same as those you have described and only a very small number of MLM participants will engage in the type of behaviour you describe..

    Having said that, it IS parasitic, leeching, vulture like behaviour and it DOES deserve to be called out and those who employ such disgraceful tactics publicly shamed.

    Which is precisely why
    REALSCAM.com and forums like it exist.

    If only one victim or potential victim sees your post or only one MLMer changes his / her tactics, consider it a job well done.

    Nobody here claims to be able to save the world, but we can each make a difference, as you have done with your post.

    We sincerely hope you can continue to learn about the world of modern day MLM during your time here.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

  3. #3
    Verabsmith is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14

    Re: Misery Profit

    Thank you very much littleroundman! I have been on this site obsessively since I found it yesterday. I am so very comforted in knowing this site is out there dispelling the MLM myths. I believe these scams are, at the heart if it, evil manifest. Maybe that sounds dramatic, but I feel it's true. Anything that feeds off the desperate while giving false hope is pure evil in my book. To tell a new mom she can stay home with her baby if she sinks a credit card into some worthless MLM is evil. To latch onto a friend's tragedy just because it's high profile (great advertisement!) is evil. To prey on a vulnerable, uncertain, inexperienced new college graduate is evil (I personally have experience with this too unfortunately). I compare this system with that of the roach baits. It lures them in so they can take it home and poison the rest. The poison affects their friends, families and ultimately the community.

    Thank you again for your very thoughtful reply. It may seem useless sometimes to speak out, but complacency provides the breeding ground for it. I will continue, in my own little way, to call it out when I see it. I will not sit by and let these "consultants" get kudos for "helping" a family in crisis. The truth can hurt everyone's feelings temporarily, but in the long run it will save us all.

  4. #4
    kath is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    122

    Re: Misery Profit

    Welcome Verabsmith!
    I so agree with what littleroundman said. Getting on this forum and others to learn as much as you can is so helpful. I have gone through a very similar experience to yours. The person I was close to was in an MLM and would post things on fb like, "my $!*mlm is donating $$ to help x# of people in __ (fill in the blank) charity if only two people sign up as reps for each active rep......blah blah blah".

    And my immediate thought would be, wow now that's creepy! So if there isn't the two rep sign up under each active rep achieved, do the poor intended recipients of said charity not get the donation? At all? I never asked that question or challenged it since it was posted on fb. This happened several times and it was always interesting to me how this $!*MLM was running said `charity drive' yet the post would always be put up with a deadline of a mere 72 hours (or less) remaining of the charity drive - which also struck me as manipulative. Like really, what charity effort ever runs for only two to three days? Don't most run at least a whole month? So hummm, create a false sense of urgency to manipulate people? Note these charities were NOT the internal charity linked with that particular MLM either....that was a completely separate thing. Like I said I never replied, just shook my head in disgust.

    But the last straw was when this individual posted on fb a question meant to sound thoughtful, as though wanting honest discourse, but it was a clear manipulation. they really didn't want my opinion at all! Oh well I gave it anyway, because I was so thoroughly disgusted by such clear diabolical manipulation by then.

    This is what the person wrote "What reaction do you have to direct selling companies’ having membership drives linked with a special or extra charitable giving goal?”
    Well like I said by then I was totally done, and responded that it offended me because it was a clear manipulation and a person should buy products because they want or need them, not because of guilt or manipulation. There was a response along the lines of, '... well what about Toyota, Campbell’s soup…etc etc.' I didn’t even bother to respond to that false equivalency argument, because it’s really comparing apples to oranges, and I didn’t want to get into a back and forth on fb.

    This same individual accused me of shaming them when they proposed my becoming a rep under someone else to help a different person that would ultimately help that person (convoluted eh?) I flat out said No! and said that proposal was dishonest. They accused me of `shaming them” and I can’t believe it, but I actually apologized later.
    But now I think, hey sometimes shame is appropriate!

    This individual hounded me for TWO YEARS to `support’ their mlm, (which I of course refused to do) only to quit that one and join another!
    Oy vey!
    The relationship is ruptured and I don’t know if it will ever be made whole, but I will NOT participate in any MLM!
    So welcome here. This forum has helped me so much, as I am sure it will help you.

  5. #5
    kath is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    122

    Re: Misery Profit

    Also, when I finally did get on the forum and the pink truth forum, I did so out of desperation seeking answers because I really wondered, is it only me who sees the wrong in all this? Am I going crazy or just imagining the total transformation in the persona of this individual?
    Mind you, I am not a forum kind of person, since I had a bad experience years ago getting 'flamed'. But man it has been worth it, because I seriously believe this person is in a commercial cult mentality and I just have to let them go!
    But I won't be silent anymore either if they come at me with a proposition for their scammertunity (which I very much doubt since they didn't want me to know about their mlm switch).
    As for other people, well I made up a index card which I will hand out should anyone approach me where one of the sites I suggest they check out is this one. I have five of these puppies on me at all times.
    Stick a fork in me I am done!
    MLMwebsiteindexcard.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #6
    Realname is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    96

    Re: Misery Profit

    Most people don't have enough skills to get the most from MLM oportunities so that's why they blame it.

    99,99% of businesses in this world are pyramid schemes. Yeah that's the real truth! Even companies who don't do direct sales always need the same from its customers ( called as normal customers just because they are not distributors)! These normal customers pay the same or more to sustain the pyramid scheme of those "normal" companies. The leaders of those companies have the highest sales and abuse power and many are corrupt. Their wealth comes from the miserable life conditions of its workers(better call then as "slaves") in southeast asian factories. Those slaves work several hours to get only a piece of rice a day.... And people here think that it is the right and the legal way to follow by all companies and don't consider their practices as "pyramid schemes"....

    Every company depends on new sales and profits to survive otherwise it fails. They are ALL pyramids! The only difference is their structure. The first have asian slaves in the bottom and the second have unskilled mlm distributors in the bottom. Both need a large bottom of "miserable people" to sustain the 1% of their rich leaders!

  7. #7
    ProfHenryHiggins is offline Elite Scambuster
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,827

    Re: Misery Profit

    Quote Originally Posted by Realname View Post
    Most people don't have enough skills to get the most from MLM oportunities so that's why they blame it.

    99,99% of businesses in this world are pyramid schemes. Yeah that's the real truth! Even companies who don't do direct sales always need the same from its customers ( called as normal customers just because they are not distributors)! These normal customers pay the same or more to sustain the pyramid scheme of those "normal" companies. The leaders of those companies have the highest sales and abuse power and many are corrupt. Their wealth comes from the miserable life conditions of its workers(better call then as "slaves") in southeast asian factories. Those slaves work several hours to get only a piece of rice a day.... And people here think that it is the right and the legal way to follow by all companies and don't consider their practices as "pyramid schemes"....

    Every company depends on new sales and profits to survive otherwise it fails. They are ALL pyramids! The only difference is their structure. The first have asian slaves in the bottom and the second have unskilled mlm distributors in the bottom. Both need a large bottom of "miserable people" to sustain the 1% of their rich leaders!
    Clearly, you failed statistics in university.

    Now, if I walk down the road to a Laotian restaurant run by a single family, you are claiming that it is a pyramid scheme? Small businesses, whether "mom & pop" or a handful of employees are far more common than large corporations are.

    The actual definition of a pyramid scheme deals with considerations paid, recruitment of new members, and fraud. Not with structure, not with shape. If anything, seeing your argument, I would suspect you have sovereign citizen leanings.
    If you are in Prosper With Integrity, and do not like that your personal information has been published here, please talk to these good people: http://www.attorneygeneral.gov http://www.ic3.gov http://www.fbi.gov

  8. #8
    Verabsmith is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14

    Re: Misery Profit

    I love that index card!! I too would like a t-shirt to wear to the park that says - "no offense but I buy things at a STORE". You wouldn't believe how many times I have been "befriended" by a mom, only to be asked "you have great skin. What product do you use? WELL, I use . . . "
    It's gotten so bad that my Bible study had to make a rule that our email list is not to be used to contact anyone about any exciting opportunities. ;)

  9. #9
    Verabsmith is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14

    Re: Misery Profit

    Sorry, not buying it realname. Been there, done that, suffered first hand damage and witnessed the destruction of too many relationships. People are buying from you because they feel sorry for you.

  10. #10
    Realname is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    96

    Re: Misery Profit

    Quote Originally Posted by ProfHenryHiggins View Post
    Clearly, you failed statistics in university.

    Now, if I walk down the road to a Laotian restaurant run by a single family, you are claiming that it is a pyramid scheme? Small businesses, whether "mom & pop" or a handful of employees are far more common than large corporations are.

    The actual definition of a pyramid scheme deals with considerations paid, recruitment of new members, and fraud. Not with structure, not with shape. If anything, seeing your argument, I would suspect you have sovereign citizen leanings.
    The same thing happens in a small restaurant. Without new members( in this case called as "clients") taking meals there the restaurant will have to close doors! Its a small pyramid and not all have the same size. The chief get profits from the large number of clients who pay the meals. This pyramid is based on sales and without new sales the pyramid collapse. Based on sales, based on sales & recruitment or based only on recruitment they are all pyramids, aren't they??

  11. #11
    ProfHenryHiggins is offline Elite Scambuster
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,827

    Re: Misery Profit

    Quote Originally Posted by Realname View Post
    The same thing happens in a small restaurant. Without new members( in this case called as "clients") taking meals there the restaurant will have to close doors! Its a small pyramid and not all have the same size. The chief get profits from the large number of clients who pay the meals. This pyramid is based on sales and without new sales the pyramid collapse. Based on sales, based on sales & recruitment or based only on recruitment they are all pyramids, aren't they??
    No. This is a pyramid scheme:
    a pyramid scheme is any plan in which a participant (1) pays money (2) for the chance to receive money (3) upon the introduction of new participants into the program.
    Clients buying food are not gambling on a chance to receive, nor are they benefiting from others coming to eat there. Take the blinders (or toadstool-hued glasses) off and use real world definitions for things, not something that came out of Timecube.
    If you are in Prosper With Integrity, and do not like that your personal information has been published here, please talk to these good people: http://www.attorneygeneral.gov http://www.ic3.gov http://www.fbi.gov

  12. #12
    Whip's Avatar
    Whip is offline Anonymous. As are you all
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,933

    Re: Misery Profit

    Quote Originally Posted by ProfHenryHiggins View Post
    Clients buying food are not gambling on a chance to receive, nor are they benefiting from others coming to eat there. Take the blinders (or toadstool-hued glasses) off and use real world definitions for things, not something that came out of Timecube.
    not only that but everyone working in the restaurant will be paid for their effort - be it little (the reason mlm scammers say people fail at mlm because it can't be from their flawed model) or a lot.

  13. #13
    Realname is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    96

    Re: Misery Profit

    Quote Originally Posted by ProfHenryHiggins View Post
    "a pyramid scheme is any plan in which a participant (1) pays money (2) for the chance to receive money (3) upon the introduction of new participants into the program."
    According to that definition tax system is the biggest pyramid scheme because everyone need to pay taxes on chance to receive in future a good pension and other social benefits by recruiting new young workers who will pay such taxes to sustain retired workers....

  14. #14
    EagleOne's Avatar
    EagleOne is offline Elite Scambuster
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,818

    Re: Misery Profit

    Quote Originally Posted by Realname View Post
    According to that definition tax system is the biggest pyramid scheme because everyone need to pay taxes on chance to receive in future a good pension and other social benefits by recruiting new young workers who will pay such taxes to sustain retired workers....
    EagleOne
    Founder/President Eagle Research Associates
    http://eagleresearchassociates.org
    http://swindles.org
    Author: "Robbing You With A Keyboard Instead Of A Gun - Cyber Crime How They Do It" available in soft cover and eBook at Amazon.com
    Lifetime Member of the National Association of Distinguished Professionals

  15. #15
    ribshaw's Avatar
    ribshaw is online now Nigerian Ministry
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Internet Cafe Nigeria
    Posts
    5,110

    Re: Misery Profit

    Quote Originally Posted by Realname wants you to believe
    MLM is the greatest thing since sliced bread
    Overall, I think you completely miss the point of Verabsmith's first post, and the reason many of us post here. We are sick and tired of the dishonesty and creepiness that surrounds MLM. Sick of hearing from someone we have not talked to in 10 years about a new "business". Sick of going to the store and having an MLM rep creep on us about their "business". Sick of getting invited to a party only to see a slide projector and finding out we will be hearing about a "business". Specific to this thread disgusted that MLMers would pervert someone's misfortune for their own profit.


    ================================================== ============

    Quote Originally Posted by Realname View Post
    Most people don't have enough skills to get the most from MLM oportunities so that's why they blame it.
    If by "skills" you mean the ability to recruit enough people to sustain a constantly deteriorating downline of thousands that will pay in excess of retail for some combination of shitty and/or easily substitutable products then yes most people don't have that "skill".

    ERGO: Don't bother with MLM unless you have time, money, and relationships to waste.

    As for "blaming it", if MLM could stand on its on merit then anyone "blaming it" would look pretty silly. When you hear story after story of lost money, lost relationships, lost credibility, unethical behavior, and broke ass MLM'rz that lie about their income, "blaming" seems like the least anyone can do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Realname View Post
    99,99% of businesses in this world are pyramid schemes.
    You are intentionally or unintentionally confusing a business structure in the SHAPE of a Pyramid with a Pyramid SCAM.

    This is a mushroom...

    Mushroom.JPG

    Just because two things have the same SHAPE does not mean they have the same FUNCTION.



    Quote Originally Posted by Realname View Post
    Every company depends on new sales and profits to survive otherwise it fails. They are ALL pyramids! The only difference is their structure. The first have asian slaves in the bottom and the second have unskilled mlm distributors in the bottom. Both need a large bottom of "miserable people" to sustain the 1% of their rich leaders!
    A little better, but there is a major difference.

    Real companies function by having real products and services that people other than employees want to buy. MLM functions by creating crappy products and then sells those products almost exclusively to "affiliates" until they wake up and quit. Then the MLM goes out and finds a bunch of new affiliates to do all the lifting. If you can't see the difference, you are in MLM.

    I don't think most people approve of slavery, although they may enjoy the cheap crap it provides. MLM can't even get that right. A downline full of slaves and the garbage still costs twice what it should.

    In many parts of the world people have a choice how they want to spend the time they have dedicated to making money. The simple question becomes, do they work a job where there is virtually a 100% certainty of being paid, or start in an MLM where there is a 99% certainty they will lose money? Do they build skills in an area where they might be able to make more money, or continue to try to be one of the 1% who make money in MLM?

    MLM just never seems to come up as a real answer once they hype is peeled away.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

  16. #16
    Verabsmith is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14

    Re: Misery Profit

    With all the facts that are so plainly laid out, what IS it that makes people think "maybe there's a 99% failure but I *I* will be that 1%. I'm not like anybody else. I will put in the "hard work" needed that others just don't have the stamina for. Because I am a SUPER starrrr!!"

    Now, I've had my share of successes. Good student, went to a state school but got my bachelor's in 4 years. Found great jobs, kept them etc. Etc. My parents raised me to have good self esteem. But never have I thought I could achieve something like 1%. What makes them so.sure of themselves? Are these people also buying lottery tickets?

  17. #17
    littleroundman is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,161

    Re: Misery Profit

    Pyramid SCHEME

    Pyramid shaped business structure

    See the difference, Realname ???




    Pyramid shaped business structure

    Endless chain recruiting SCHEME

    See the difference, Realname ??
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

  18. #18
    kath is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    122

    Re: Misery Profit

    OMG Ribshaw that picture is histerical!

  19. #19
    littleroundman is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,161

    Re: Misery Profit

    Quote Originally Posted by Realname View Post
    The same thing happens in a small restaurant. Without new members( in this case called as "clients") taking meals there the restaurant will have to close doors!
    WHOA, hold up there Pokey

    * customers pay for product, they don't pay to be there.

    * customers aren't paid for recruiting new customers

    * customers can't make money mainly from recruiting new customers

    * the restaurant needs new customers, the customers don't need to recruit new customers to qualify to get their meal
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

  20. #20
    Whip's Avatar
    Whip is offline Anonymous. As are you all
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,933

    Re: Misery Profit

    Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    WHOA, hold up there Pokey

    * customers pay for product, they don't pay to be there.

    * customers aren't paid for recruiting new customers

    * customers can't make money mainly from recruiting new customers

    * the restaurant needs new customers, the customers don't need to recruit new customers to qualify to get their meal
    and.......and.....if the product is actually good, the customers will refer people to the restaurant for FREE!
    poor realname can't make it in the real world so pretending to be a mlm mover and shaker on teh interwebs is all he's got. I see another personal thread popping up soon in the rants section.

  21. #21
    littleroundman is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,161

    Re: Misery Profit

    Readers are being given a perfect example of the type of strawman arguments commonly used by pseudo MLMers to distract attention away from the obvious shortcomings of the "opportunity" they are attempting to ram down their prospects' throat.


    Taxonomy: Logical Fallacy > Informal Fallacy > Red Herring Etymology:

    "Straw man" is one of the best-named fallacies, because it is memorable and vividly illustrates the nature of the fallacy. Imagine a fight in which one of the combatants sets up a man of straw, attacks it, then proclaims victory. All the while, the real opponent stands by untouched.
    Quote…
    When your opponent sets up a straw man, set it on fire and kick the cinders around the stage. Don't worry about losing the Strawperson-American community vote.
    …Unquote
    Source: James C. Dobson, in a fund-raising letter for "Focus on the Family", February 13, 1992.

    Exposition:

    Judging from my experience, Straw Man is one of the common of fallacies. It is endemic in public debates on politics, ethics, and religion. A straw man argument occurs in the context of a debate―formal or informal―when one side attacks a position―the "straw man"―not held by the other side, then acts as though the other side's position has been refuted.


    This fallacy is a type of Red Herring because the arguer is attempting to refute the other side's position, and in the context is required to do so, but instead attacks a position not held by the other side. The arguer argues to a conclusion that denies the "straw man", but misses the target.

    There may be nothing wrong with the argument presented by the arguer when it is taken out of context, that is, it may be a perfectly good argument against the straw man. It is only because the burden of proof is on the arguer to argue against the opponent's position that a Straw Man fallacy is committed. So, the fallacy is not simply the argument, but the entire situation of the argument occurring in such a context.

    Subfallacy:

    As the "straw man" metaphor suggests, the counterfeit position attacked in a Straw Man argument is typically weaker than the opponent's actual position, just as a straw man is easier to defeat than a flesh-and-blood one. Of course, this is no accident, but is part of what makes the fallacy tempting to commit, especially to a desperate debater who is losing an argument. Thus, it is no surprise that arguers seldom misstate their opponent's position so as to make it stronger. Of course, if there is an obvious way to make a debating opponent's position stronger, then one is up against an incompetent debater. Debaters usually try to take the strongest position they can, so that any change is likely to be for the worse.
    However, attacking a logically stronger position than that taken by the opponent is a sign of strength, whereas attacking a straw man is a sign of weakness.


    A common straw man is an extreme man. Extreme positions are more difficult to defend because they make fewer allowances for exceptions, or counter-examples. Consider the statement forms:
    IOW, let's not talk about verabsmiths' original post and the despicable tactics used by some multi level marketers, instead, let's talk about real world business, Laotian restaurants, pyramid shaped business structures, the US taxation system and anything BUT the disgraceful tactics which so offended Vera she was moved to join and post.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

  22. #22
    Blue Wolf's Avatar
    Blue Wolf is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    282

    Re: Misery Profit

    Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    IOW, let's not talk about verabsmiths' original post and the despicable tactics used by some multi level marketers, instead, let's talk about real world business, Laotian restaurants, pyramid shaped business structures, the US taxation system and anything BUT the disgraceful tactics which so offended Vera she was moved to join and post.
    Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    Stay on topic, RealName or I'll start censoring or removing your posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    Don't be sorry, RealName, just stop doing it.

    This is the second time I've had to ask you to stay on topic.
    Well, I guess that staying on topic is not his strong suit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Realname View Post
    According to that definition tax system is the biggest pyramid scheme because everyone need to pay taxes on chance to receive in future a good pension and other social benefits by recruiting new young workers who will pay such taxes to sustain retired workers....
    LOL . . . apparently logic is not his strong suit either.

  23. #23
    Realname is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    96

    Re: Misery Profit

    Well ribshaw is right when he compare pyramids with mushrooms! Pyramids grow like mushrooms, they smell different but the sh*t is the same!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    and.......and.....if the product is actually good, the customers will refer people to the restaurant for FREE!
    poor realname can't make it in the real world so pretending to be a mlm mover and shaker on teh interwebs is all he's got. I see another personal thread popping up soon in the rants section.
    Nowadays none will refer people for free. I know many people who will only take meals in restaurants who have a partnership with lyoness. So they pay with lyoness cards and refer his friends to do the same and get more affiliate comissions!!!

  24. #24
    littleroundman is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,161

    Re: Misery Profit

    Quote Originally Posted by Realname View Post
    I know many people who
    How many is
    "many people"
    Ten ???

    Twenty ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Realname
    Nowadays none will refer people for free.
    NONE ????

    On the whole planet there are no people who will refer their friends to a restaurant simply because they like it ???

    WOW !!!

    If I didn't know better, I'd think you are an MLM troll making things up to suit your argument.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

  25. #25
    kath is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    122

    Re: Misery Profit

    Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    How many is

    Ten ???

    Twenty ??



    NONE ????

    On the whole planet there are no people who will refer their friends to a restaurant simply because they like it ???

    WOW !!!

    If I didn't know better, I'd think you are an MLM troll making things up to suit your argument.
    i so agree Littleroundman. realname, you either live in a strange, altered universe, wherein the only people you associate with charge for everything including air, or you are an mlm troll.
    In the normal world people exchange opinions re. restaurants for FREE all the time. of course that is the normal world, not the warped and twisted, 'I scratch your back you scratch mine' world of MLM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on this website are solely those of their respective authors.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42