Robert FitzPatrick: "Deceptive Income Disclosures Power MLM Recruiting And Expansion"
* The income proposition for Herbalife and other multi-level marketing companies is the engine that drives the business. It is presented as real by major authorities, for pay, and without evidence.
* In reality, Herbalife and other MLMs offer zero opportunity. Loss rates among new recruits are, effectively, 100%. The MLM income promise is part of a monumental deception.
* HLF engages in deception in the promotion of its income proposition on such a scale, and in so many ways, the FTC has abundant regulatory means to cripple its recruiting.
* The primary tool of deception used by Herbalife, Nu Skin and other MLMs is the "income disclosure statement."
* Eight measures are used in MLM disclosures to present a false picture of "income opportunity" and to conceal the reality of zero chance for new recruits to make a profit.
Deceptive Income Disclosures Power MLM Recruiting And Expansion
or on Seeking Alpha for an entertaining Comments section...
MLMs' Income Promises Are All Smoke And Mirrors